Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought the flirty scenes were clearly the start of a Joss-Gio-Trina love triangle, esp. since Joss 'isn't sure' she wants to get back together with Dex. This guy Gio's smile does remind me of how Spencer would grin at Mikayla's Trina.

I've heard him described as being a mix of Cameron and Spencer, and that feels really apt. The sideview of him in the pool really drove home that point. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like how Maxie talked to Violet (and I agree with @Sake614 that she's much better when they write to her actual age). It was truthful and respectful.

Until I scrolled up to see Sake614's post, I thought you meant Maxie was much better when they write to her actual age. That too, though.

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Gio chose PCU over everywhere else? This dumb. 

It cracks me up how they keep trying to convince us PCU is more prestigious than an Ivy League school. Who cares?

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Until I scrolled up to see Sake614's post, I thought you meant Maxie was much better when they write to her actual age. That too, though.

LOL. When I reread my post, I realized the antecedent was a bit unclear, but it's true that Maxie is being written better as well. Ha!

13 hours ago, rur said:

If Lifeguard Joss continues to sit and chat with people with her back to the pool, I imagine something will happen . . . 

But it will never be her fault. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

why is the only pool in port Charles at the hotel? How can they use the pool without being a guest?

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, ljr said:

why is the only pool in port Charles at the hotel? How can they use the pool without being a guest?

They either pay or are members. Or you know . . .

its-always-sunny-at-capacity-sir.gif

• LOL 3

<<Gio chose PCU over everywhere else? This dumb. 

It cracks me up how they keep trying to convince us PCU is more prestigious than an Ivy League school. Who cares?>> 

No one cares.  But, at least Cam had the good sense to go to Stanford.  Not Ivy League, but close enough...

<<When I reread my post, I realized the antecedent was a bit unclear, but it's true that Maxie is being written better as well. Ha!>>

And, OMG, she is looking great and much healthier these days.  Hair/makeup/wardrobe seem to be her friends again....

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

It cracks me up how they keep trying to convince us PCU is more prestigious than an Ivy League school. Who cares?>> 

No one cares.  But, at least Cam had the good sense to go to Stanford.  Not Ivy League, but close enough...

And Robin left to go to the Sorbonne!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

And, OMG, she is looking great and much healthier these days.  Hair/makeup/wardrobe seem to be her friends again....

I noted this as well during the BLQ + Chase wedding prep scenes and when she was talking to Finn about taking Violet for swimming and a sleepover. Good to see!

For several years (post-Nathan) through 2023, her hair and clothing did not at all resemble what a fashionista like Maxie should look like, and when she changed her hair color to brown (way too harsh on her) I literally did not recognize her. I think I recall the Show excusing the poor wardrobe/hair choices on women (not Maxie/KSt specifically) with well, we come up with creative ways to cover pregnancy. Um, no. KSt confirmed after the surrogacy for Lulu and miscarriage/oopsie pregnancy with Georgie storyline was over, that she became pregnant with her RL daughter during that storyline. Yet Maxie's hair looked normal and she was allowed to wear cute clothing. So, I don't understand why years later, I was wondering why Maxie wore what looked like a black trash bag out in public. Ridiculous!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up how they keep trying to convince us PCU is more prestigious than an Ivy League school. Who cares?

The least they could do is make up some Ivy League-sounding name.

17 hours ago, rur said:

If Lifeguard Joss continues to sit and chat with people with her back to the pool, I imagine something will happen . . .

6e03f734798c187429c0cf51a866c758.gif

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Lugal said:

The least they could do is make up some Ivy League-sounding name.

Barrington University - a prestigious mid-sized liberal arts university in Port Charles. 

I'm thankful Cam escaped Port Charles whole, healthy, alive, and not in prison considering this show's history in how they write off characters. Why have people voluntarily leave PC when they can be brutally murdered instead?

I'm still bitter over Georgie's death. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Poor Jake! I assume that Jake witnessing Finn doing shots and leaving with a bottle and a woman is a set-up for him to want Elizabeth and Jason to be together? I knew that's who Jake called.

Elizabeth's face when she caught drunk Finn in his apartment with the woman is sort of a hardened version of the look on her face when she caught Lucky with Maxie. Now, Jason coming to the rescue (preview) as she's confronting crying Finn is a sort of full circle moment to her walking away from cheating Lucky, going to Jason, and them conceiving Jake. 

Nina, if you fall for Drew it will make you even more pathetic than you were with Sonny. If that's even possible. 

I feel bad for Trina. Also for Chase and BLQ. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Of course Jason needs to be involved in this Elizabeth storyline. She doesn't need rescuing.

The extra and Finn did more touching in 30 seconds than Chase and BLQ in however long they've been together.

Finn spiraling out is in character, I think. Where in the hell is Roxy?

The pool is embarrassingly shallow. And why are people swimming with their shirts on? Spinelli and James yesterday, golden spawn today.

Joss has been doing everything except work. I'm assuming she would have given Nina the stink eye if she'd seen her.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I didn't realize how much I hadn't missed Wiley until he showed up today. Ugh. His sneeze was adorable, though.

I wish CW would dial back Nina's mania when she sees her dolt grandson. Nina comes across as unhinged; is that what CW is aiming for?

20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Nina, if you fall for Drew it will make you even more pathetic than you were with Sonny. If that's even possible. 

The only upside is how it would annoy Carly.

Chase is spinning out over Finn's drinking. I get Chase's frustration, but it's so not about him.

Finn's chat-up skills are hilariously terrible. 

I didn't quite get it: Is there an important basketball game on Sunday night? /s (It cracked me up how vague they had to be about the teams because of taping lead time.)

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course Jason needs to be involved in this Elizabeth storyline. She doesn't need rescuing.

Jason doesn't just show up because he thinks Elizabeth can't handle herself. Jake called him. Jake is a teenager, worried about his mother confronting a man under the influence. I think it's totally understandable that he's upset and worried about his mom's feelings and safety. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Finn's chat-up skills are hilariously terrible. 

indeed! If that was his impression of a "fun" doctor, his "dark and brooding doctor" must be nearly catatonic.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Joss is a terrible lifeguard. I don't think she looked at the pool once. Don't life guards usually have a specific location to observe the pool from?

• Like 8

I’m getting anvils for Finn being sent off to rehab or disappearing and Chase/BL getting Violet. It’s one of the few instances where I don’t care about a younger couple being saddled with kids right away because they might be the most boring and sexless younger couple this show has ever had and considering the current competition, that’s really saying something 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

That woman is a hooker, right? I mean, Finn's a hottie, but he has no game. None. ZERO. Liz's repulsed indignance face was priceless.  

Chaste and BLQ have gone from boring couple to boring fiances to boring husband and wife without skipping a beat! Maybe if I drink everytime BLQ looks at Chase with loving concern, I will make it through. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish CW would dial back Nina's mania when she sees her dolt grandson. Nina comes across as unhinged; is that what CW is aiming for?

She's still manic around him, but I did like how she left it, after he was haranguing about when was he going to see her again, with telling him she hoped he and Amelia had the most fun summer ever.  It was the right touch of placating the kid and showing Willow she was acknowledging a boundary.  And, honestly, the one nice thing about these scenes is that the only secret there is the Drew sex, which Drew is equally complicit in keeping a secret and really doesn't have anything to do with Willow (except for the unspoken weird crush she seems to have on him).

And on a totally shallow note, CW's hair looked great wavy like that.

• Like 7

I'm... perplexed...as to what's going on with General Hospital. I happened to see the Daytime Emmy Awards tonight. A head writer with the last name of O'Connor gave the speech for GH's win. With the exception of Rebecca Herbst, Steve Burton, and Finola Hughes, I did not see any veteran/OG actors representing GH. Aside from Laura Wright, I think of all of them as relative newbies. Then when FV accepted the final award with much of the GH cast and crew behind him on stage, he looked kind of ill, like he absolutely did not want to be there, and read an acceptance speech off of his cell phone in a thoroughly monotone voice. Yikes!

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Barrington University - a prestigious mid-sized liberal arts university in Port Charles. 

Ooooh! I like it! And it harkens back to Amanda Barrington, the snooty lady from PC's other rich family.( I believe there was a Barrington on Port Charles too) 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm... perplexed...as to what's going on with General Hospital. I happened to see the Daytime Emmy Awards tonight. A head writer with the last name of O'Connor gave the speech for GH's win. With the exception of Rebecca Herbst, Steve Burton, and Finola Hughes, I did not see any veteran/OG actors representing GH. Aside from Laura Wright, I think of all of them as relative newbies. Then when FV accepted the final award with much of the GH cast and crew behind him on stage, he looked kind of ill, like he absolutely did not want to be there, and read an acceptance speech off of his cell phone in a thoroughly monotone voice. Yikes!

I commented on the Press thread. FV looked exactly the same last year. 

Maura West was there but we only saw her when CM showed his chest for a skit with the presenters.

The head writer being a co-writer who was supposedly fired, then retained in a lower capacity felt weird but I guess he was a HW for the scenes submitted and might be again? Although I thought it was Korte now…

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

GH still stringing along whatever Liason fans remain decades after their short lived fling even though they know they’re never going to put them together. 

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I commented on the Press thread. FV looked exactly the same last year. 

Maura West was there but we only saw her when CM showed his chest for a skit with the presenters.

The head writer being a co-writer who was supposedly fired, then retained in a lower capacity felt weird but I guess he was a HW for the scenes submitted and might be again? Although I thought it was Korte now…

Okay, good info. Thanks.

I still think of Maura West as a relative newbie because her character is not a veteran character on the show IMO. She made her debut when the Morgan character was SORAS-ed.

(edited)
14 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Then when FV accepted the final award with much ofI  the GH cast and crew behind him on stage, he looked kind of ill, like he absolutely did not want to be there, and read an acceptance speech off of his cell phone in a thoroughly monotone voice.

I think GH won for best soap last year because remember FV giving an acceptance speech in the exact same way and thinking WTH is wrong with him.   

Edited by sas616
corrected for spelling
  • Useful 1
On 6/4/2024 at 10:48 PM, ciarra said:

The apartment buildings outside Finn's window returned.  Last week, there was a water tower.

Maybe Finn lives in an apartment that rotates. You know, like the Q's foyer.

On 6/6/2024 at 10:45 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And then I noticed yesterday, that Korte's name showed up above Mulcahey's, when it's been the opposite ever since he took over.  Grrrr.

I've started to wonder if they're still airing Mulcahey's stuff, or he was just gone/rewritten that fast. Because while we're still getting some longer conversation scenes and some of them are still very good (i.e. anything with Tracy), I'm getting subtle hints at a return to the status quo. Like, there is more emphasis on how Sonny is "not himself" and has always been good at heart. I expect the meds drama to be resolved very soon, apologies made to Sonny for ever doubting him, and the image of Sonny as Dangerous Criminal to be buried immediately.

I'm also starting to feel a subtle backslide in dialogue quality that is hard to define, which makes me wonder whether some scenes were tossed and replaced last minute. Oh well. At least Maxie still looks good. (For now. We'll know all hope is lost when the fugly caftans come back into play.)

On 6/7/2024 at 8:00 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Drew sex, which Drew is equally complicit in keeping a secret and really doesn't have anything to do with Willow (except for the unspoken weird crush she seems to have on him).

Oh please please please don't let this turn into some weird love triangle with mother and daughter competing for the same wet sponge.

On 6/7/2024 at 3:43 PM, KittyQ said:

If that was his impression of a "fun" doctor, his "dark and brooding doctor" must be nearly catatonic.

Um, you have seen Finn before, right?

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)

After watching the sneak peek where Jason goes to see Jake, I have very sad (for me) vibes that the show is definitely heading towards Jason and Elizabeth. Oh, so coincidentally, Elizabeth just happens to be wearing her nightclothes. And they discuss it's good that he didn't show up before Dante exonerated him with Elizabeth specifically saying something about "perfect timing."

I remember enough about the two in the past that it never worked out with them because of timing, and that word was used specifically. With PM/EK at the helm now, I could totally see them revving up Elizabeth/Jason again with Carly on the outside steaming. My only hope is that instead of a triangle, it's a quad, and Finn isn't left out in the cold.

Well, with the events of Friday and previews for Monday, GH has officially sent me packing. I wrote the above in March. I should have trusted my instincts. The complete lack of interest in Finn and Elizabeth as a couple, then this rushing of Finn back into addiction with little nuance, Elizabeth so OOC in how she responded, Jason in a holding pattern, the writing truly was on the wall. 

It's just all so stupid and OOC for so many characters just to get to this desired point. Finn a raging, drunken, cheating asshole in a week after dealing with so very much heavy stuff throughout his life and handling it well. And his good friends Tracy, Alexis, Curtis aren't there for him. Pushing away Elizabeth despite his avowed love and adoration for her made clear over the last few years.

Elizabeth, loving and warm, and in a wonderful place with Finn, who has never had issues of a dark nature with him, ignoring that HIS FATHER JUST DIED AND FINN FOUND HIS BODY, and giving him zero grace. This despite him being there every step of the way during all she went through the last few years. 

And Jake randomly calling Jason, Jason! of all people! to help Elizabeth after seeing Finn instead of her best friend Terry, or Scotty, or Laura. Nope, he calls his deadbeat father whom he barely knows, a man whom last we saw--months ago--he was furious with, and rightfully so for deserting him. A man who doesn't even have a regular mom/dad, exes relationship with his mother. Yeah, sure, right. That makes sense.

Utter, complete bullshit. Korte (and maybe this was Mulcahey too, IDK and IDGAF at this point, either) clearly wanted to recreate and parallel Elizabeth finding Lucky with Maxie, and presumably this will lead to her and Jason ONS 2.0, but more. Again, IDK and IDGAF. If she/they wanted Elizabeth and Jason so badly, they didn't have to wreck Finn, one of the few truly good men on the show, and utterly destroy Finn and Elizabeth in the process. 

Well, I guess for these POS writers, they did. Incapable of telling any story without twisting the characters out of character, making them do and say things contrary to who we've watched them be for years.

I had already stopped watching because of the Carly and Sonny of it all. The retconning of so much stuff. The dirty done to Nina, but I was tuning in for certain things, for episodes--as few as they were--of Finn and Elizabeth. And now, I am done. GH can add me officially to the declining viewer numbers.

Edited by driver18
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 4
  • Applause 12
(edited)

@driver18 my condolences on your couple. I don't think the writers were ever interested in writing for them, but I still think they did them dirty in the end. 

Can I interest you in pre-emtpive condolences for Daemon and Rhaenyra?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

@driver18 my condolences on your couple. I don't think the writers were ever interested in writing for them, but I still think they did them dirty in the end. 

Can I interest you in pre-emtpive condolences for Daemon and Rhaenyra?

Thank you. Yes, it's been clear that beyond the first few months, Finn and Elizabeth were never a priority. :(

Thank you for the Daemon/Rhaenyra condolences. I have read Fire & Blood. I know. I know. I was not expecting to love them as I did. Damnit!

• Hugs 2

@driver18 - I could be wrong but I don’t think the show is committed to Liason. I’ve never been a fan of them and wouldn’t be interested in them now. Jake calling Jason had me rolling my eyes hard. It’s so forced and makes no sense but that’s in line with GH nowadays! 

I never liked Fiz but I could see them moving past this if the show is interested. I guess it depends. I don’t understand much about GH nowadays, which is why I haven’t been watching. I wouldn’t take the rushed and OOC writing for this story to be an indication of anything other than the bad writing the show has been suffering from since the changeover. 

• Like 2

The never ending gushing of Nina and willow when they see drew is nauseating. 
is there going to be a love triangle?

11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

At least Maxie still looks good. (For now. We'll know all hope is lost when the fugly caftans come back into play.)

FWIW, KSt did an interview awhile back (can’t recall where at this time) where she talked about how she was aware that Maxie’s wardrobe and appearance wasn’t great and it was like that because she wasn’t in a great place mentally after her brain surgery and had a hard time caring about her appearance so that’s what she felt comfortable in but now that she was doing better, Maxie got a hair/wardrobe upgrade.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 10
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

FWIW, KSt did an interview awhile back (can’t recall where at this time) where she talked about how she was aware that Maxie’s wardrobe and appearance wasn’t great and it was like that because she wasn’t in a great place mentally after her brain surgery and had a hard time caring about her appearance so that’s what she felt comfortable in but now that she was doing better, Maxie got a hair/wardrobe upgrade.  

that's good. and that's why i really feel like  - i get it we harsh on the clothing, but i think we tend to forget that the actors clearly have a say on what they want to wear.  (and for me. even though it was KSt's decision - Maxie looking hecka frumpy at that time in her life made sense to me. 3 kids under 12, all this drama and starting a a new business and she lost money? regardless of how fashionista one might want to be at some point you totes go to the "is it clean, and does it fit?" regime. 

4 hours ago, driver18 said:

I should have trusted my instincts. The complete lack of interest in Finn and Elizabeth as a couple, then this rushing of Finn back into addiction with little nuance, Elizabeth so OOC in how she responded, Jason in a holding pattern, the writing truly was on the wall. 

(hug) join me. we can write better storylines in our heads together. and i have cookies. honestly. I get that Liz might have PTSD from Lucky etc but as you said. i think the fact that someone is spiraliing out of control because his father died should be seen w/a it more patience etc. just my two pennies anyway

• Like 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(hug) join me. we can write better storylines in our heads together. and i have cookies. honestly. I get that Liz might have PTSD from Lucky etc but as you said. i think the fact that someone is spiraliing out of control because his father died should be seen w/a it more patience etc. just my two pennies anyway

Cookies are good. Yes, I write plenty o' stories in my head and they are much, much better. Rebecca Herbst, Michael Easton, and the viewers deserve so much better.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I think one of the many problems with GH is that its best actors are among the older females, and there are too few older male characters with which their characters can interact.  The recently-departed Gregory had to take on two of the female powerhouses on his own, Kevin is far too rarely seen, and both Scorpio brothers are MIA.  The younger male leads, except for the one who plays Jagger, are generally weaker actors (not overall weak, just weaker than the females), and while I love Wally Kurth, it doesn't help that we have to share him with another soap.  Can't tell if it's a dearth of talent or a dearth of writing strong male characters, but I suspect the latter.   

We need a strong, foundational older generation on screen.  It's too late to retract the awful decision to do away with Alan Quartermaine, but not too late to strengthen Kevin, Robert and Mac, and maybe bring on another older male or two.  Bring at least a couple of the next generation into solid, sustained relationships that will carry forward.  Then the young 'uns can play.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

In GH canon, Sonny and Nina should never have happened. WOULD a never have happened. There’s no way Sonny would want anything to do with the woman who helped keep him away from his home and family for however long he was gone. I say ‘helped’ because while she halfheartedly encouraged him to find out who he was, she had the power to simply TELL him. And then to call Carly and immediately put Sonny on the phone. Or at least text Carly a photo since Carly wouldn’t have spoken to her if she called. So why did it work? Because the actors sold it. Sonny had a lighter, airier feel to him and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them together. And Mo was clearly having a blast playing a side of Sonny never before seen. I don’t know why that we blown up the way it was. And I really REALLY wish show would explore at least a bit of Nina’s past to explain some of her petty, childish behavior. Like, she was in a coma for 20+ years! So for all intents and purposes she is still a 20 something woman. Hell I was still doing stupid shit in my 30s and I wasn’t in a coma Lol! I don’t need them to do an in-depth story about it, but a little history would be nice.

I don’t know what the plan is for Sonny now, and I’m not sure I care. I’m sure the Sonny redemption arc will begin sooner rather than later when everyone discovers he’s been taking a lower dose of meds. And I suppose he and Carly will reunite  or maybe he and Jason will fall in love and get married… actually I might watch that 🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, JMO said:

We need a strong, foundational older generation on screen.  It's too late to retract the awful decision to do away with Alan Quartermaine, but not too late to strengthen Kevin, Robert and Mac, and maybe bring on another older male or two.  Bring at least a couple of the next generation into solid, sustained relationships that will carry forward.  Then the young 'uns can play.

they are certainly not using Tad Martin Gray to his potential.  Get him away from Lucy (they did this, didn't they?) and let him have some fun!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 6/7/2024 at 5:17 PM, ffwbe said:

I’m getting anvils for Finn being sent off to rehab or disappearing and Chase/BL getting Violet. It’s one of the few instances where I don’t care about a younger couple being saddled with kids right away because they might be the most boring and sexless younger couple this show has ever had and considering the current competition, that’s really saying something 

Poor Chase. Didn’t he sell his truck to pay for their honeymoon?  First his father died and now he didn’t even get to go on the honeymoon that he sold his truck to pay for. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

they are certainly not using Tad Martin Gray to his potential.  Get him away from Lucy (they did this, didn't they?) and let him have some fun!

IIRC MEK was told he would no longer be needed on the show which I think is too bad. He could’ve done a lot more than being linked to Lucy’s shenanigans.

It didn’t help that they made his character a douche lawyer by selling out Nina to Michael of all people.

I also always thought it was too bad they made Laura his sister because they had nice chemistry. Kevin is fine but it’s a soap and we need more soapiness.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Sonny had a lighter, airier feel to him and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them together.

I see Sonny/Nina's breakup as a missed opportunity, it ended too soon.  There are more story lines that could have been pursued with them as a couple.  It made Sonny tolerable for the first time.

This reminds me of when Stephan (Luke's moral enemy) married Bobbie, and it was over in a week.   So much they could have pursued, but chose not to.

• Like 7

Turning Finn into an unrepentant drunk jerk toward Elizabeth and her leaving her keys in his glass was ... a choice. Jason telling Finn to stay away from her definitely brings up the memories of Lucky/Elizabeth/Jason. Was I supposed to feel sorry for Finn during the memory montage of Elizabeth while he's drinking? I didn't!

I was not expecting to see Jason put his feet in the pool with Elizabeth, listen to her, and show tears/remorse that he left her and Sam to raise their sons. SB is good at showing that Jason still has an emotional attachment, and under lying attraction to, Elizabeth while vowing to do whatever it takes with Jake. 

Becky Herbst always brings her A-game to emotional scenes. 

JE was also awesome with JS and AS. The line about the Q mansion being a place for neglected children of Port Charles was a great zinger!

Michael is really a pathetic loser to feel threatened that both Drew and Willow are not hating Nina right now.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

That's right, Michael, keep putting yourself first with your grudge against Nina. And gross that Willow has to justify why she's okay with Nina seeing the kids. 

It's too bad Michael won't accuse Willow of having an affair with Drew, which finally wakes her up to what a controlling asshat she's married to and she divorces him.

25 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Turning Finn into an unrepentant drunk jerk toward Elizabeth and her leaving her keys in his glass was ... a choice.

I'm sorry they didn't have him suck the liquor off the keys before he threw them against the wall, but maybe that would be too much..

I get that Elizabeth doesn't want to talk to the boys about why she and Finn broke up, but they're certainly old enough to understand addiction.

Oh, FFS. Of course Joss is responsible for Dex becoming a "better" person.

NINA DIDN'T SEND DREW TO JAIL. I feel like sending an irate email to the writing staff, Frank, and Nathan Varni about this constant inaccuracy.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

So, Finn and Elizabeth get a "put a stake in it"  montage - there's usually no coming back from that on this show.  My condolences to the Fiz fans. 

Though honestly, if I had to deal with Chase and Brook Lynn butting into my life, I'd be tempted to throw back shots too. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
33 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Though honestly, if I had to deal with Chase and Brook Lynn butting into my life, I'd be tempted to throw back shots too. 

They are annoying, but I don't really mind their bumbling attempts to help. I'm glad they went to Tracy and she told them to prepare themselves to be disappointed. I'm not sure how much that sank in, but Tracy was right to warn them about that. I wish she'd also asked them if they'd spoken to an addiction specialist for pointers on how to approach Finn, because just barreling in and telling him he has to stop for Violet's sake isn't going to cut it.  Chase may have seen what addiction can do to families because he's a cop, but it's different when it's your family. And there isn't a one-size-fits-all solution.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

IMO, they did Fiz fans dirty. They didn’t even let Liz give Finn a chance. She just immediately dumped him. The man’s father died and he relapsed. She could have tried to be a little understanding. And I’m not saying Liz should stick around and be treated like crap but Finn didn’t really do that much, IMO. Not enough for an insta-dumping but that’s just me. And the Jason scenes —— completely unnecessary IMO. She didn’t need rescuing. 

I hate heavy-handed writing. It’s just bad storytelling if you ask me. 

I always enjoy Drina so that was a highlight for me! 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3