Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Today had some really gross dialogue. The main ones being Drew telling Nina he wishes she wasn’t a woman so he could hit her and Carly telling her why she gets to live and Bobbie died. I’m paraphrasing but I thought those were both in very poor taste

Then to juxtapose that scene with Drew basically telling Nina that he wishes he could beat the tar out of her, we have Sonny doing just that with Cyrus.

Drew telling Nina she doesn't care about her daughter and grandchildren is rich coming from someone who went to jai for his girlfriend of 5 minutes and tried to sell his daughter's birthright to pay off said girlfriend's debt. Do you even know that your daughter has nightmares about changing schools? Go to hell, Drew. And stay there. Self-righteous, good for nothing character.

Then we have the writers who wrote the weakest dialogue for Nina. And they chose this time for the secret to come out just as Carly found out Bobbie died because poor poor poor Carly. Look at what that vile Nina. who deserves a beating did!! 

• Like 7
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 8

As a personal observation - one of the worst times to confess a transgression to someone is New Year's Eve, with all the typical drinking as well as the tendency to review and regret (and self-pity) that comes along with it. Probably best to stay away from St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo, and Thanksgiving as well. 

Another observation - this whole episode could have been titled "Pots vs. Kettles". 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7

I don’t need to see another round of Nik kidnapping Esmé.

Sonny is acting like a mobster who’s wife cheated on him with his best friend, not like someone who found out she reported a crime he was in no way involved with.

Beating a guy to a pulp, even if it’s Cyrus, IN CHURCH, is a crime he should pay dearly for, but won’t.

I see we’re back to Mafia General just in time for a return.

I muted most of the Carly/Nina/Drew convo, hearing C. say N. should’ve known her mom had passed was enough for me. I see it got much worse.

Bobbie’s passing will be all about Sonny and Carly. Yuck.

I had hopes for this show. Emphasis on had.

• Like 3
  • Applause 12
16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The irony that Diane is amoral, she has no sense of right and wrong, only what she can get away with. Pushing Alexis into Neal's arms cost them both their professional credentials but Diane has no regrets. That's why I can't see Robert with her in anything other than a FWB relationship

Alexis is a grown-ass woman who knows the law, not a naive teenager who didn't realize she was doing something risky. Her decisions are hers alone.  Lots of people have someone in their lives like Diane, who have a certain history themselves and think it's NBD to encourage a family member or friend to do something stupid and illegal, saying 'no one will ever find out'  and emphasizing "you need to have more fun in your life."  

I just can't take this show seriously about Robert getting into a relationship with a woman, unless it's Anna or maybeeeee Holly. Some time ago at the Q mansion, there was an attempt to set up Alexis and Robert. Between that and Olivia's flirtation with Robert, all I could was roll my eyes. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Beating a guy to a pulp, even if it’s Cyrus, IN CHURCH, is a crime he should pay dearly for, but won’t.

If only Nina hadn't told the SEC to look into that insider trading! Then Sonny wouldn't have had to beat up Cyrus (not that Sonny will be charged with assault or anything like that).

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Twitter is on fire over that dialog today.  Drew talking about beating up Nina and Carly saying why can't she be dead instead of Bobbie.  I wonder how the PTB view that?  Does it not matter  as long as people are talking?  And they are definitely talking.  I don't know.  I plan on ff'ing that scene though, I loathe Crew and am not subjecting myself to it. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 13

I understand Sonny being upset, hurt, angry that nina didn’t come to him right away. But geez Louise, this is just way over the top even for him!  As others have said, he had NOTHING to do with the crime in question. It only affected him peripherally because Carly is his kids’ mother. 

so now that he’s slammed the door in Nina’s face and is alone with Ava, are they going to have pity/anger sex? Cause I’m so not here for that!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

First: Bobbie's "acceptance and love changed ME"???!!! The fuck it did. Shebeast turned into a more narcissistic, tone deaf, harridan of a monster. So FUCK OFF whoever wrote those lines, because they do NOT line up with the character.

Oh man this is hilarious!! GHScorpiosRule, it perfectly lines up with her delusions about herself. And Carly saying such lines to any character who is not a veteran actor with history working with JZ, makes them hollow/meaningless. It's a case of Carly *saying* whatever in place of GH exes *showing* with old footage of memories of JZ and LW in a great mother-daughter relationship, because there really aren't any.

Actually my observation was that the increase in narcissism, monster behavior came with birthing a Quartermaine heir and having basically unlimited access to Jason, Sonny and Jax's money (plus security detail, etc).

I love that the *showing* was in Scott and Laura tearfully reflecting on their long histories with Bobbie. That and Lucy/LH restraining her own tears in conversation with Kevin, Laura and Scott was much more compelling than any lines LW will be given.  It seemed like Genie was doing her best not to just lose it, and sob all over the table.  She made me teary.

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It seemed like Genie was doing her best not to just lose it, and sob all over the table.  She made me teary.

And me! So did the flash back with Lucy and Bobbie. Not ashamed to admit it, either. Such a gut punch. And if that was a gut punch, if we get the flash back where Felicia cries "Not Barbara Jean!" I will TOTALLY LOSE my mind and do some fugly crying.

• Like 9
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It seemed like Genie was doing her best not to just lose it, and sob all over the table.  She made me teary.

Ditto! I was actually crying through that whole scene. 

• Love 7

I can’t believe how fast these damn writers have flipped this show into unwatchable cringeworthy crap.🤬 I am  disgusted by how horrible just about all the characters are now. All the things I was happy to see changed with the interim writers have not only been undone but made absolutely rage inducing.

Carly & Drew are so gross. 🤮

What have they done to Lois who honestly brought some lightness & fresh air to the Q’s.

Alexis  getting with another dying man?☹️

Sonny…Nina…just all ruined. It was nice to see them a couple in a reasonably mature relationship. Just what we need..more mob stupidity & violence.

Just so disappointed…plus my ff finger is getting a permanent cramp.😠

Haven’t even got caught up to the news about Bobbie but I know it’s gonna raise my BP with all the rewrites of history.😧

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Drew talking about beating up Nina and Carly saying why can't she be dead instead of Bobbie.

Just saw the clip and think I'm gonna pass on watching the entire episode.  That's absolutely disgusting and how the writers think this makes Drew and/or Carly 'relatable' is a mystery.  They can both go to hell.

• Like 1
  • Applause 16

I can't get past the knowledge that all of this is taking place in the middle of the night.  

This wasn't the time to advance the Adam story, nor the Nicholas fiasco, and we didn't need to spend time with the Robinsons.

I was glad that Nina chose not to be subservient to Carly and Drew, and applauded her giving it right back to them, even though she was ostensibly there to apologize.  Couldn't help but contrast the mob-and-mob-adjacent approach to guilt (only if you get caught) with Laura's advice to Esme that paying for the window wasn't enough, and she would have to turn herself in.  The relationship between Laura and Esme is currently one of my favorites on the show.

It might be interesting if Willow chooses to develop her familial relationship with Nina out of spite to Michael.  

John Lindstrom uses silence masterfully. 

Everything about the scene in the church was distasteful, save for that very beautiful tree.  

Can we please send Sonny away for good?

• Like 12

Just realized tonight is the Primetime Special.

Will try to wipe away today’s ep from my mind to enjoy the walk down memory lane, but will keep my finger on the mute button, JIC.

• Like 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Well, SBu has left DOOL, so...

Oh, he has? And now he's got child support obligations too, and I think they dropped the vaccine mandate at Disney/ABC. So hold onto your butts!

I hated Sonny slamming the door on Nina even more than beating up Cyrus. But I still think they're not in that much peril as a couple.

I don't know what Laura has done to deserve a son like Nikolas. At least Sonny has that mafioso respect for "the mutha uh my children!" 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 3
39 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I found that scene profoundly disgusting. Spilling blood in a church is simply not to be done. It’s barbaric. 

Didn't Sonny and Jason once have a shootout with rival Mobsters in a church?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

On Good Friday or something?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2

So Show’s new year’s resolution is to become unwatchable? Well, mission accomplished, and less than a week into the new year. Job well done, Show! 🤬

• Like 5
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, JMO said:

This wasn't the time to advance the Adam story

Is anyone clamoring for this story?

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Another observation - this whole episode could have been titled "Pots vs. Kettles". 

Seriously.

It was probably the lighting, but it looked as if Laura and Esmé were wearing the same lip color as Ava, and it wasn't flattering on them, either. Too harsh.

38 minutes ago, JMO said:

It might be interesting if Willow chooses to develop her familial relationship with Nina out of spite to Michael.  

I would LOVE for this to happen, but this show doesn't do interesting.

I had to kind of laugh when Sonny got home and sighed. Yes, it's exhausting to beat up people who don't fight back in a church. 

Portia, Curtis can be independent in a wheelchair. 

Suzanne Flynn should be ashamed to have her name on this episode.

FYI, there's a separate thread for the special; please discuss it there.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jason was doing the shooting while Sonny hid behind a pew. I think it was a shootout with Faith Rosco.

• Like 3
(edited)

Today's writing with Drew/Nina was disgusting. Then they want people to tune into the prime time special? After watching Drew get into Nina's face and mention hitting her? 

Drew chose to leave his daughter.  That was on him, they also committed the crime. 

Sonny made me feel for Cyrus today. Laura better be done with being Sonny's bff. Beating a man not fighting back.  

Carly calls someone else a selfish bitch? Pot meet kettle. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 10
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I don't think they're seriously toying with Tracy/Scott. It's a plot that Lucy devised to get back everything Tracy 'took' from her. But now that Tracy saw the photo of Scott/Lucy at the bar, she knows Scott isn't truly interested in her and it's all an act. It might provide some much-needed laughs as Tracy plays along for a little while, but that's likely to be the end of it.

I see no romantic chem between Alexis and Gregory and would have loved a Tracy/Gregory pairing. TE just has a way of elevating everyone she shares a scene with, and I enjoy watching Tracy and Gregory together. Although to be fair, if he's truly dying, does Tracy really need to endure a second death of a romantic partner?

Why not ? Especially after a certain age, every day is a gift.

Might as well live while ya got it.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Just saw the clip and think I'm gonna pass on watching the entire episode.  That's absolutely disgusting and how the writers think this makes Drew and/or Carly 'relatable' is a mystery.  They can both go to hell.

Oh, look at 3-hours ago me being all up on my high horse.  Fast forward to now me and...I watched.  You know, sometimes you need a good rage headache, I guess.  Wow, that was truly vile.  Drew calling Nina a hypocrite was some great projection there, as he and Carly are two of the biggest ones in town.  And Carly?  Everything she said could've been her talking into a mirror.  Selfish?  Vindictive?  Out for herself?  Thy name is Carly.  I hate them both and way to absolutely RUIN JZ's memory. 

Oh, look, Drew raging at Sam in the previews.  I hope Dante kicks his ass.

How long will Willow's resolve last?  Already starting the countdown clock. 

Will Sonny drink?  Do I care? 

Is anyone going to tell Laura at least one of her children is back in town? 

Sigh, I think I'll go watch puppies on TikTok to calm down.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Sonny made me feel for Cyrus today. Laura better be done with being Sonny's bff. Beating a man not fighting back.  

Carly calls someone else a selfish bitch? Pot meet kettle. 

Cyrus is the reason Sonny and Laura's mutual grandson is without his mother/ why Laura's daughter is in a coma. Cyrus also broke into the Robinson home and held civilian doctor Portia and her teenage daughter hostage at gun point.
He recently paid that same teenager a visit at her workplace, uninvited. She is now dating Sonny's nephew/Laura's eldest grandson. Why should Laura care about Sonny beating up Cyrus at a time when she is mourning the loss of a woman who has been her family member/friend for decades.

ETA: Carly calling someone else a selfish bitch is a pretty standard insult for her to direct at any of the love interests of the men she considers *hers.* She even called Robin a bitch, when Robin and Jason had been broken up for years. Ms. Brave and Strong is the master of grudge-holding.

In this case, I think she's still nursing a MAJORLY wounded ego that Sonny fell in love with Nina while he couldn't remember her.  And of course, she's furious she 'missed her chance' (in her mind) of being intimate with Jason again, when he was more than happy to give Sonny his wife back. Then she and Sonny split up, and she settles for a ... whatever you want to call that mess ... with Jason's back-from-the-dead 'twin brother' because Jason is presumed dead.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Oh God, what a pile of steaming shit that was.  When one of the highlights of the episode was Dex (a character I don’t care about) showing sympathy toward Adam (a storyline I don’t care about), I guess it counts as hate-watching.

I wasn’t sure if Sonny was going to drink or fling the glass across the room, but neither happened.  

Was AH (not-Nicholas) always this wooden and mouth-acting?  I didn’t think I could be distracted from watching MW, but he succeeded.

The true highlight of the episode, though, was the juxtaposition of Carly’s line to Nina of “Children lash out” with the first words of the DVR description for the episode: “Carly lashes out.”

• Like 5

I kinda wish they would stop trying with the Adam storyline.  The story itself is pretty lame, and it also looks like MB's son has been studying his father.  I think I saw some of Mo's acting tics in his performance.

TempJoss is a hell of lot more tolerable than the real one.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, look, Drew raging at Sam in the previews.  I hope Dante kicks his ass.

I hope the writers allow her to have a spine. He makes a unilateral decision then gets offended when Sam does the same, even though it's the right one for their kid. Drew can jump up his own ass and die. Which may not be that far off with Jason's return anyway.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Sake614 said:
27 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Was the forum down for awhile, or are you guys still fuming about Steve Burton? ;)

Both 🤣

I thought this thread caused a forum meltdown 🤣

• LOL 8

God...the hypocrisy of everyone in Port Charles.  Because not a one of them has every done something to be vindictive.  Sonny's lament about needing people who "make mistakes, but own them and learn from them."  Where exactly are these people, Sonny?  Not you, for sure.  Not the shrew you married half a dozen times, not her.  Not Drew.  Not Sam.  Not Michael.  Not the not-so-late Jason.  So, yeah...who ARE these people?  Pound salt, asshole.

• Like 3
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 13
  • LOL 1

I thought it was my devices!  I think there were posts that disappeared, and I hope they'll come back.

I appreciated the Felicia/Anna scenes today.  They acknowledged the relationships, and the emotions, and felt like the kind of slowly-evolving, fitting tribute that Bobbie deserves.  I also liked Maxie's informing Cody about what is, essentially, their shared family's history.  Would like to see him reflecting on that, but not holding my breath.  I do like the temp Maxie.  I think she is masterful at mimicking KS in her line delivery, and even in her physical acting.  I appreciate that the actress (whose name I'm too lazy to look up) is making the effort to smooth the transition for viewers.

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

God...the hypocrisy of everyone in Port Charles.  Because not a one of them has every done something to be vindictive.  Sonny's lament about needing people who "make mistakes, but own them and learn from them."  Where exactly are these people, Sonny?  Not you, for sure.  Not the shrew you married half a dozen times, not her.  Not Drew.  Not Sam.  Not Michael.  Not the not-so-late Jason.  So, yeah...who ARE these people?  Pound salt, asshole.

The only one that I can think of who regrets her mistakes and is trying to learn from them is Nina. Possibly Cyrus who Sonny just beat into a coma.  Peak hypocrisy, this show.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny's "how could you do this to me?" when Dante had him arrested for assaulting Cyrus was gold. Too bad there will be no further consequences.

Sonny and Lois acting so offended was hilarious. Sonny knew what he did, and even if Lois didn't know precisely what happened, looking at his knuckles (and knowing his penchant for violence) should have been enough to give her the picture. So surprised when once of the very few PCPD officers comes to arrest him? Really? Maybe some would think that because it was his son (the one he previously shot), it would be harder, but I think another cop might be less thoughtful in arresting him - no "sorry I have to do this", or anything like that. 

And as much as I think Cyrus is faking his new faith, he wasn't wrong when he told Laura that her "friend" Sonny is no better than the "old" (aka current) Cyrus. Which Laura, as the mayor, really should know. Everyone who has lived somewhere there are known mobsters knows that some of these guys can be personally charming, personally generous, and all that, but won't hesitate to hurt you in a second if you cross them. They are like pet wolverines or bears - don't ever kid yourself that they are dangerous.

• Like 7
  • Applause 9
1 hour ago, JMO said:

I thought it was my devices!  I think there were posts that disappeared, and I hope they'll come back.

See note at top of page, I don.t think any posts are coming back

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Why is Laura shocked the mobster beat up someone?

Bobbie had a huge office? Why?

She had all those photos of Tony, Scott, but not her grandkids?

Drew lost time with Scout because of Nina. No because he chose Carly's kids over Scout.

Lois needs to be slapped, Nina tried to give that hotel to Carly that hotel twice but she's a snake profiting? Then getting into Dante's business. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
8 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I noticed that, too.  I suspect every chief nursing officer---or even every CEO, for that matter---would have been jealous. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Lois needs to be slapped, Nina tried to give that hotel to Carly that hotel twice but she's a snake profiting? Then getting into Dante's business. 

She was insufferable. She can leave any time. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
On 1/4/2024 at 12:44 PM, Sake614 said:

Nina is vile? Nina doesn't care about her daughter or her grandchildren? NINA only cares about herself? Have you looked in the mirror lately Drew? You only care about Carly. YOU couldn't care less about your own daughter, only Carly's family. You unilaterally made the decision to send your child to a boarding school whether she wanted it or not. You didn't even discuss it with her mother beforehand. And then you threaten Nina with never seeing Wiley and Amelia again? And how you're going to tell all the children just what a horrid person Nina is? WTF is wrong with you?

And Carly? "How can I live in a world where Nina gets to exist but my mom can't?" So Nina should die because she had the audacity to report your CRIME to the SEC? Yeah you can miss me with that one. 

All the righteous indignation from Drewfus and Carly Prime makes me want to piss myself.  If this shit continues for the next few weeks I may need to take a viewing hiatus.

On 1/3/2024 at 10:50 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wouldn't be surprised. He didn't hesitate to make Robin's "death" and funeral all about himself, either.

Sonny and the Carlys have their own brand of malignant narcissism.  And it isn’t a good look.

On 1/3/2024 at 12:00 PM, Desperado said:

Called it.

Have to say, of all the people harping about reporting a crime being worse than the crime, I can see how Sonny as a mobster, would see “the ratting” as a non-negotiable offense.

Love Nina’s black dress, not so much Ava’s fuchsia coat and lipstick.

I really appreciated the JZ flashbacks and having LH, GF, and KS reminisce together. I wish I could’ve watched LW more, but CM was insufferable.

I would love to see Nina helping Carly through her grief and not have them at each other’s throats for a change, sadly I see a Sonny/Carly reunion instead. 🤮

Willow waking up to Michael’s deceit was wonderful though.

Yes.  Willow tearing into Michael (quite correctly) was a fun little nugget of truth.  I can’t wait until Carly Prime also finds out Michael knew and was using it to control his wife.

Oh, who am I kidding?  Michael will be blameless and everyone will end up apologizing to HIM.

• Like 15
On 1/4/2024 at 1:31 PM, Desperado said:

I don’t need to see another round of Nik kidnapping Esmé.

Sonny is acting like a mobster who’s wife cheated on him with his best friend, not like someone who found out she reported a crime he was in no way involved with.

I see we’re back to Mafia General just in time for a return.

I muted most of the Carly/Nina/Drew convo, hearing C. say N. should’ve known her mom had passed was enough for me. I see it got much worse.

Bobbie’s passing will be all about Sonny and Carly. Yuck.

I had hopes for this show. Emphasis on had.

As moronic as this incarnation of Dikolas is, I’m starting to think part of Austin’s efforts to save him involved a full frontal lobotomy.  His revenge fantasies are beyond insipid.

On 1/3/2024 at 12:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

What a relief that Tracy saw Lucy and Scott together. Their plan is so gross. I wish the writers had more respect for the characters.

Yeah, same. I did laugh when Sonny asked Nina if she hated Carly so much that she dropped the dime out of spite. Of course she did! He's seen the animosity between them. And really, "the mother of [his] children" is such a PAB thing to say. Though now Nina is seeing the real Sonny Corinthos—who could teach a master class on pettiness and spite, btw—so maybe that's useful.

The rest of the fallout was pretty much what I expected, though it was good to see Willow be angry with Michael for 10 seconds. 

Sorry, but Sonny has to go to church over this?

Ugh, we got GriefCounselorDrew this episode, trying to help Carly deal with her mother's death. He's so off-putting.

That coincided with the start of Bobbie having a much more minor role on the show in general. We rarely saw her with Lucas even when the character was onscreen.

It looks like they’re turning Drewfus into a bitchy jerk to give him more (any?) edge.  This is failing horribly.  He isn’t coming off as edgy.  He’s just an asshole.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Why is Laura shocked the mobster beat up someone?

She had all those photos of Tony, Scott, but not her grandkids?

Drew lost time with Scout because of Nina. No because he chose Carly's kids over Scout.

Drew lost time with his kids because he knowingly committed a federal crime.  If I were an Aurora shareholder, Nina would have been the least of his problems.  Not only would I have rated him out to the SEC for insider trading, corporate malfeasance, and potentially a host of additional crimes, I would also be the ringleader in a class action shareholder lawsuit to oust and perspnally bankrupt him.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2024 at 9:30 PM, statsgirl said:

The irony that Lois told what Nina did and that's considered a good thing, and Nina also told what Carly and Drew did and that's considered a very bad thing, is not lost on me.

On 1/4/2024 at 1:21 PM, ffwbe said:

Today had some really gross dialogue. The main ones being Drew telling Nina he wishes she wasn’t a woman so he could hit her and Carly telling her why she gets to live and Bobbie died. I’m paraphrasing but I thought those were both in very poor taste

Well, the old writers are back and GH is on fire!

FlamingBagOfPooPrank.gif

• LOL 9
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The only one that I can think of who regrets her mistakes and is trying to learn from them is Nina.

and she's one step away from being stripped down naked and having Carly ring a bell screaming Shame, Shame, Shame. 

• Like 12
11 hours ago, DanaMB said:

She was insufferable. She can leave any time. 

She's preferable to "Liv" all day, any day IMO for several reasons. 

As far as memories highlighting Bobbie's past, the only one of LW and JZ that would be appropriate to show is a very rare moment of honesty and decency from Carly to Bobbie, in the cemetery before the funeral service for Tony. It shows Bobbie's strength in not wanting to hold onto anger and pain as a weapon for the future. The way JZ delivered those lines is how Bobbie should be remembered for the Carly relationship in a memorial episode. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, KittyQ said:

And as much as I think Cyrus is faking his new faith, he wasn't wrong when he told Laura that her "friend" Sonny is no better than the "old" (aka current) Cyrus.

As I mentioned over on the 60th-anniversary thread, the only time we get to see Sonny ("180 pounds of pure muscle" according to Diane) personally beat up someone is with a frail senior citizen who recently recovered from a heart attack and is wearing a hearing aid. In a Church. Wow, our Leading Man, people.

Another thing, no true Mob Kingpin would deliver that kind of beating to a rival and leave him alive to tell the tale. Sonny isn't good enough to lick Tony Soprano's shoes.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9