Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Just a shallow observation because, for me, it's become a distraction.  What is it with the eye makeup and slathering on of eyeliner on nearly every female character, even in daytime?  They all border on looking like they've got raccoon eyes.  Is this a style now?  (Which it may well be, because 'style' isn't exactly my middle name.) 

Re: Maxie's new hair.  I can take it or leave it, as long as they remove some of the gobs of makeup from her face. KS is a beautiful woman, blonde or brunette, and I wish we could see her, and not her makeup. 

The only one I feel like I can really see at the moment is Willow.  

• Applause 4
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Brook Lynn"But that means he would have to work with me."  Hey Brook Lynn, maybe it's because Chase's ex-wife is marrying the man she cheated on him with. It's not always about you.

Sadly for reasonable people everywhere, we have seen more than once that Chase has forgiven Willow for cheating on him with Michael. Has Michael chosen a best man yet? I would not be at all surprised if he asked Chase and Chase said yes. Chase is too nice for his own good. It's kind of gross how he holds a grudge against BLQ and is totes okay with the dolts.

55 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Portia:  IT is working on the coordinates Trina gave us."  IT? IT doesn't need to do anything, just send a helicopter and ships to where the ship is projected to be when they get there based on the coordinates they now have.

It's hilariously stupid. Give the coordinates to the Coast Guard and let them handle it! But then Curtis wouldn't get his hero moment.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Chase is too nice for his own good. It's kind of gross how he holds a grudge against BLQ and is totes okay with the dolts.

The Carlys must always be forgiven and given a free pass for all their transgressions, hurtful behaviors and so on. Everyone else can suck on a lemon.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sadly for reasonable people everywhere, we have seen more than once that Chase has forgiven Willow for cheating on him with Michael. Has Michael chosen a best man yet? I would not be at all surprised if he asked Chase and Chase said yes. Chase is too nice for his own good. It's kind of gross how he holds a grudge against BLQ and is totes okay with the dolts.

It's hilariously stupid. Give the coordinates to the Coast Guard and let them handle it! But then Curtis wouldn't get his hero moment.

Maybe Curtis can fall overboard, lose his memory, and wash ashore in, let's mix it up, Michigan. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

Michigan and Montana also have an "N' and an "A" in common. 

If Curtis washes ashore in Montana, they can reuse the Comet horse - put a wig on it and pretend it's a different horse - and have Curtis spend most of a year on a horse ranch.

• LOL 8

Has there ever been a worse actress than the one currently playing Jordan? She is such a blah persona. Please find a more talented actress for this role, GH!

• Like 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

While I 100% agree Willow was wrong to cheat, if Chase had never fake cheated on her in the first place to manipulate her into marrying Michael it wouldn't have happened.  they both were wrong, they've all forgiven each other. So much more egregious things happen on this show.

• LOL 1
On 4/13/2023 at 11:54 AM, Daisy said:

holy crap. they are really doing a Thanos/Avengers storyline? 
LOL this got so cheesy soapy i love it 

but take them off and do what with them? she can't leave it in the state room, and sure she could take off the earrings, but i don't know if that would be on the forefront of my mind right now. 

I thought for sure it would involve him regaining possession of the weather control machine Mikos used to freeze PC.  This is worse.  He’s literally planning to murder billions of people.  The idiots better execute him on the spot when they stop him this time.

Victor is a Malthusian.  I hate malthusians.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Like 2
On 4/13/2023 at 6:34 PM, TVbitch said:

I don't want to jinx us, but why has no one called The Jackal. Spinelli could tap into a Chinese weather balloon flying over or some dolphins with sonar tags and have the ships location in two seconds! 🙄

I wonder what they squirted into CD's eyes so he could look like he had emotions. 

@YaddaYadda, I was rooting for the ballet dancers on Amazing Race Canada SO HARD!! Truly an inspiration!

The Haunted Star is a giant party boat.  I can’t imagine it has much too speed.  So the search radius is relatively small if they quit screwing  around.  Government spy satellites should be find it in no time.  But then we have reall t dumb writers

On 4/13/2023 at 8:42 PM, ffwbe said:

That’s a possibility but they temp recasted other characters when they were out for medical issues and they couldn’t wait. It seems weird to put this one on ice for the same reason 

It would hav been funny if they had gotten Thaao Penghlis for a few days as a temp for CS.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

With this show's knowledge of geography, Curtis is more likely to end up in Montana. Writers: "What? It starts with an M. Close enough!"

It would be funny if, In a cartological failure of epic proportions, The Haunted Star missed South America entirely, and instead ended up on the Pennsylvania side of the river.

On 4/14/2023 at 5:34 PM, nilyank said:

No he did not.

It’s clearly Desperate Plot Point Sybdrome.

• LOL 5
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yes.   The one with the distracting eyebrows.

General-Hospital-police-commissioner-Jor

I forgot all about her! lol.  She was bad.  I loved Vinessa and maybe no one would have been as good as her, but I feel like they aren't even trying. 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, ciarra said:
15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Has there ever been a worse actress than the one currently playing Jordan?

I like to call them "unfortunate eyebrows." Only Groucho Marx could have made those things work.

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Has there ever been a worse actress than the one currently playing Jordan? She is such a blah persona. Please find a more talented actress for this role, GH!

i like her. YMMV

• Like 4
On 4/3/2023 at 3:41 PM, statsgirl said:

Trina's dress was prom-style but I thought that it was more appropriate for the occasion.than Joss'.

I thought so too.  I’ve seen a lot of comments saying that tptb make Trina out to be a lot younger than Joss even though they are the same age but I kind of think it’s the opposite.  To me Trina seems age appropriate for a 20 year old.  She always looks modern and youthful.  Joss is beautiful but the way she’s styled is very dated.  The oval shaped red nails, very basic long blonde hair.  Even at the Nurses Ball, while I think she looked fabulous, her dress and hair were better suited to someone twice her age.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

On 4/12/2023 at 6:13 PM, nilyank said:

I know Spencer is way taller/bigger than Trina, but if Victor provided him clothing for this kidnapping, there must be some tshirt/short combo of his that she could wear. Or maybe when Spencer is allowed to see Ace, he could swipe some of his brother's clothing for Trina.

Nah, Ace’s clothes would be way too big for Trina.

I’m really enjoying the Trina/Spencer caper. Trina is not quite at Teen Laura’s level, but I appreciate the show trying to replicate the romance and adventure of 80s-era GH. I don’t even mind the obvious callbacks, like Trina in a ball gown. I also love that Laura has a major role in this— the best callback of all. 

And while I usually hate it when the show drags things out, I think this is a story that needs to take its time unwinding. Spencer and Trina have real chemistry, and there’s a lot of romance that could be mined here. (Does the Haunted Star have a department store? Maybe a boutique?) Unfortunately, since this show never knows when to move things along and when to take its time, I’m assuming this will be wrapped up by Thursday and Trina will be back to serving as Joss’s faithful sidekick. 

19 hours ago, ciarra said:

General-Hospital-police-commissioner-Jor

Hey now, don’t disparage the Amazing Emotive Eyebrows. Those things could ACT.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, sacrebleu said:

So Trina and Olbrecht are still in their Nurses Ball gowns? Maybe they can borrow some of Ace's clothes, he's about a ladies size 6 by now, right? 

Isn’t Ace being fast racked to play Varsity on his middle school’s football team this fall?  

On 4/15/2023 at 9:30 AM, sunnyface said:

The character comes across well in small doses and as a side-kick (e.g., Robin/oldLulu).  She has been doing heavy-duty lifting for the past five years in most of her scenes with the Michael/Willow/Sasha/Chase generation.  The weight gain and her appearance - ymmv - is window-dressing compared to the severe generational problem resulting with an entire generation being sacrificed at the Sonny/Jason/Carly alter.  Everything (writing, acting, directing - etc)in the Michael/Willow dying plot is not functioning.

They are progressing in the correct direction but there is still some room for growth (e.g., clunkiness/pregnant pauses).  I am glad that there are people who enjoy Spencer and nuTrina but they are sort of like the Robert/Holly to the OG Trina/Cam that I had high hopes/patience for.  It sure is startling to see veteran MB stumble through a couple of lines of dialogue and the next scene see two novices nail a scene. 

I hope that the props/set folks have been nominated for a daytime emmy. 

Is Kirsten Storms in good health?  I know she had that surgery last year, but haven’t heard if everything is good now.

On 4/15/2023 at 3:44 PM, Mirabelle said:

Maybe Curtis can fall overboard, lose his memory, and wash ashore in, let's mix it up, Michigan. 

The Michigan side of the river?

23 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I liked the original.  Came off a little more ‘bad girl’.

15 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Nah, Ace’s clothes would be way too big for Trina.

I’m really enjoying the Trina/Spencer caper. Trina is not quite at Teen Laura’s level, but I appreciate the show trying to replicate the romance and adventure of 80s-era GH. I don’t even mind the obvious callbacks, like Trina in a ball gown. I also love that Laura has a major role in this— the best callback of all. 

And while I usually hate it when the show drags things out, I think this is a story that needs to take its time unwinding. Spencer and Trina have real chemistry, and there’s a lot of romance that could be mined here. (Does the Haunted Star have a department store? Maybe a boutique?) Unfortunately, since this show never knows when to move things along and when to take its time, I’m assuming this will be wrapped up by Thursday and Trina will be back to serving as Joss’s faithful sidekick. 

Hey now, don’t disparage the Amazing Emotive Eyebrows. Those things could ACT.

They should team Spencer and Trina with some junior WSB agent from maybe Australia, and perhaps an early 20 something member of the Durban-Sutton clan.  Maybe flip the genders this time.  Maybe Chase could be recruited by the ESB also.  He’s already a cop with some kind of a singing career.  Then after this Victor business is concluded they can go search for Incan treasure.

it worked back in the 80’s.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/15/2023 at 12:30 PM, sunnyface said:

The character comes across well in small doses and as a side-kick (e.g., Robin/oldLulu).  She has been doing heavy-duty lifting for the past five years in most of her scenes with the Michael/Willow/Sasha/Chase generation.

Most of that period of the past five years was tied up with the slog of the Heinrich/Peter story, culminating in Maxie's endless pregnancy. I know there was a COVID production shutdown that tacked three months on, but even so, it seemed GH tried to make the pregnancy last as long as possible.  

Since that ended, she's been doled out in small doses, as you say. The pairing with Howarth's Austin didn't go anywhere, and I never saw anyone anywhere clamoring for them to get more scenes. She's mostly been a talk-to in the Sasha/Gladys/Lucy corner of the show, and more recently stressing over the nurses' ball.  

I do think the dark hair is a better look for the actress at this point (reminding me a bit of Betty Draper's brunette phase in a later season of Mad Men), although I agree with someone upthread that a shade or two lighter might have been better.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, lmulsman said:

Hi, I'm a Boston watcher and GH is pre-empted for the marathon.  I've just subscribed to Hulu and never watched GH on it.  What time does that day's episode usually show up on Hulu?

It's supposed to drop at 8pm est, and often does.  But not always.  Sometimes Hulu just drops it late I don't know why.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Is Kirsten Storms in good health?  I know she had that surgery last year, but haven’t heard if everything is good now.

I have no idea.  I think that Maxie is overused.  When I started rewatching around 2010 - she was OK as a sidekick to JMB.  I cringe watch scenes with Maxie and Spinelli and that Levi plot was painful to watch. 

However, the actress has been putting out the best performance in her age group lately and has matured into a solid soap actress.  I have never liked the character and I don't know if that is because I don't like KS. 

While I get that comments about looks/styles/hair are appropriate for this message board, I get a level of unease of seeing the frequency of them w/r/t KS.  And all the more striking because - I really would like to see the character on less. 

But this is one very minor gripe for this board which has been quite a respite - especially during this plague the past three years. 

Edited by sunnyface
typical lack of coherence
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

While I get that comments about looks/styles/hair are appropriate for this message board, I get a level of unease of seeing the frequency of them w/r/t KS. 

For me, it has little to do with KSt but everything to do with the bts professionals who should do better on her behalf. They also stuck AS in ugly black blazers for over a year. A good wardrobe stylist can make anyone look great. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

While I get that comments about looks/styles/hair are appropriate for this message board, I get a level of unease of seeing the frequency of them w/r/t KS.  And all the more striking because - I really would like to see the character on less. 

But this is one very minor gripe for this board which has been quite a respite - especially during this plague the past three years. 

I take your point, @sunnyface. I don’t know if KS is discussed more here but I know social media has not been kind to her in general. I love discussing fashion and makeup choices the show makes for its cast, but going on about a person’s features (yes, even eyebrows) or the continuous comments about the size of a baby, do make me uncomfortable.

But as you say, it’s a minor gripe compared to the fun interactions we have here.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Desperado said:

continuous comments about the size of a baby,

The comments about the baby aren't because he is a giant baby for whatever age he is in RL, the twins are perfect beautiful babies. The comments are because they brought on a 6 month old to play a newborn and it looked ridiculous. I would have rather that they used a doll.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I too am glad the they didn’t go the predictable route and have Esme regain her memory after being konked on the head.  Per usual, AP has been really good in all these scenes.  Her franticness and despair over missing baby Ace is palpable.  And I don’t give a damn how many assurances Laura gives her, if I were her I would also be taking the first opportunity to get far away from PC and all these lunatics. She’s had nothing but horrible things happen to her since she woke up in the hospital.

I hated the scene where Carly was trying to school Nina on the inner workings of Sonny (as if he’s such a complicated guy, ugh please).  Why do people think she can’t handle his  “business”?  First of all, that wouldn’t be a bad thing.  Second of all, this is a woman who literally stole a child from its mother’s womb.  She’s not exactly a paragon of virtue.  I think she can handle Sonny just fine.  

• Like 6

"Principles," Diane? I don't think that word means what you think it means. And don't even compare how compromised your principles are with Robert's because, hey, you're the clear winner.

I noticed Willow the Virtuous didn't include Nina in her building bridges sermon. Also notice that Sonny is getting all the credit for using his resources to track down Liesl (and their ignoring the hypocrisy of letting the big, bad mobster do so), when, in large part, he did it at Nina's request. Sure, he would've done it anyway probably or if Michael had asked, but that's not what happened here.

Taking donations for a bid on offing Ethan. Hey, we'll do it the most painless way possible, by erasing him completely from GH history.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

That was bloody awful. I had a work holiday today so I was excited to see more of the HS/Sprina stuff but today was a complete bore . . . . . for me. 

Why can’t Willow ask Michael herself to make peace with his dad? Why does she have to ask Carly to ask him?! He wouldn’t make an effort for his dying wife?!?  That speaks volumes. 

Michael’s year-long temper tantrum against his dad needs to end. It just highlights how pathetic he is. His line today about Sonny sounding like his dad was just plain dumb. The man never stopped being your dad, moron! He just fell in love with someone else. Get over it already! And what broken lives? Whose life was broken? All parties seem happy and fine to me! He and Josslyn are the ONLY ones still salty! 🙄 And Josslyn is equally dumb. What did she expect Sonny to do when he found out about her and Dex?!? She seems really upset that Sonny didn’t care. Why did she ever think he would???

Sorry, I have not been following the Holly stuff so I just muted that. 

Alexis and Gregory - Gregory can’t work for anyone. He needs to get his health under control. I wonder how long he’s gonna kept collapsing in front of Alexis but not his kids?!?  Come on, Show! He’s gotta drop in front of one of them soon. Though I’m sure the show hasn’t figured out what illness he has yet so I’m sure he’ll continue to collapse in front of Alexis and be mum about his illness! 🙄

I think that was it. Oh, yeah, there was Chase. Reinstate him already and start telling a new story for him. 

I like SoNa but I’m sure their conversation was about Nina’s dying daughter who I couldn’t care less about so I had to mute them too. 

I muted most of the show today. I hope tomorrow is more interesting. 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 2
12 minutes ago, Blackie said:

The comments about the baby aren't because he is a giant baby for whatever age he is in RL, the twins are perfect beautiful babies. The comments are because they brought on a 6 month old to play a newborn and it looked ridiculous. I would have rather that they used a doll.

I know why it got started and comments explained the probable reasons why the choice was made - it doesn’t change my discomfort.

• LOL 2

Diane:  "Face it Robert, we don't work with saints. We choose to work with complicated people."  Diane, you choose to help crooks and people get out of consequences for actions they choose to make. Don't act like you're anything like Robert.

Finally the show addresses that it's Alexis' family that Victor has kidnapped.

Willow, Sonny did not treat Carly unfairly. Refusing to murder Nina does not count.

Nina: "I know that you have resources that these so-called authorities have."  Nina, they're not 'so-called' they are the authorities not Sonny. Don't go down the mob insanty hellhole.

If Victor is the one offering Ethan for auction, why would his representatives need to be there?

• Like 7

I am so pissed that we have a recast Ethan.  When they brought him in the room with  the bag over his head I squeed because I thought it would be Ethan.  Then they took the bag off of his head and it was some random blonde guy but then Holly said "Ethan" and I went GUH, they recast.  I was so looking forward to Nathan Parsons, and I'm so sad, Imma gonna eat a whole bag of Cheddar Bacon chips!!

This show really needs to stop making Willow look so good.  No makeup does not equal 'on her deathbed' which she should be.  It just takes me right out of the scene.  

Diane, I like you and I kind of like you and Robert but do not make it seem like you, working for Sonny, breaking whatever law you feel like is remotely what Robert does or did.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I would have rather that they used a doll.

I'm at the opposite table on this one.  I hate when they use the doll, which just looks like a bunch of rags in a blanket.  That's what they used for baby Liam and his death didn't do anything for me because of it.  Give me the cute giant baby to drool  over while sitting throught the scene any day of the week.  It's no more different than Charlotte now being 15 when she should be 10

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Diane, you choose to help crooks and people get out of consequences for actions they choose to make. Don't act like you're anything like Robert.

Seriously! Yes, you both work with "complicated" people, but the difference, the big difference, Diane, is Robert is trying to put as many of them away as possible, for the public good, while you're trying to get them off, for money. Sheesh, I can't even with this show's morals sometimes, expecting us to believe at all that what Robert and Diane do is the same thing.

7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

This show really needs to stop making Willow look so good.  No makeup does not equal 'on her deathbed' which she should be.  It just takes me right out of the scene. 

I did notice her hands shaking when she had her back turned to Carly and thought that was a good, authentic choice.

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Why can’t Willow ask Michael herself to make peace with his dad? Why does she have to ask Carly to ask him?! He wouldn’t make an effort for his dying wife?!?  That speaks volumes. 

She has but he clearly didn’t listen so she’s hoping he will listen to Carly. What’s worse is she doesn’t even know that he’s actively plotting against Sonny and frequently leaves her during her times of need to meet with Dex

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Oh, Willow's hypocrisy.  She wants Wiley/Amelia to be able to see their grandfather and aunts and uncles with no tension, but no mention of her mother Nina, who is also the kids' grandmother. 

And now....Ethan-Who-Clearly-Needs-a-Haircut?  Is he recurring or on contract?

• Like 9

I wonder why they recast Ethan?  Maybe Nathan wouldn't/couldn't commit to a contract.  Maybe Ethan is here to stay.  I will give him a chance, I'm not against a good recast where it's needed.  Assuming it's a good one!  

• Like 2

Willow asks for Carly's blessing to marry Michael? WTF? And if Carly was okay with it happening in a few months, what difference does it make if it happens "tomorrow"? And I can only shake my head that Willow won't make more of an effort to talk to Michael about her (sadly not going to happen) death because it makes him uncomfortable. Suck it up, petal. Bad things happen in life, and you can't just lose your eyes and pretend they don't.

Sonny gaming the legal system is hardly the worst thing he's done. I don't know why everyone is acting as if it's going to shake Nina to her very core to hear this.

The civilian review board guy sneering at Chase for singing for money was dumb. If Chase wanted to pursue a career in music, he'd have resigned from the force and pursued a career in music.

2 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Robert is trying to put as many of them away as possible, for the public good, while you're trying to get them off, for money.

Public defenders get paid—does that make them terrible people? The legal system was designed to be adversarial. Someone has to represent the perps. Diane needs to stick to the argument that everyone deserves representation and leave it at that. 

I'm no fan of Ethan, but a blond recast? Also, shouldn't Victor be letting people in Port Charles know that he's auctioning off the right to kill Ethan? He wants people to see his power, doesn't he? 

I do not understand the choices this show makes.

• Like 8
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, shouldn't Victor be letting people in Port Charles know that he's auctioning off the right to kill Ethan? He wants people to see his power, doesn't he? 

How important is Ethan that someone might be willing to pay $1,000,000 for the privilege of killing him?

I didn't watch the episode, I forgot to record it. I have no regrets.

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I think that there are some people who would pay that much to kill a human being, just look at the cosplay big game hunters. But you can probably get a person for cheaper than $1 million.

47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Public defenders get paid—does that make them terrible people? The legal system was designed to be adversarial. Someone has to represent the perps. Diane needs to stick to the argument that everyone deserves representation and leave it at that.

Public defenders are important to make sure the accused gets a fair and just trial but Diane acts like getting off her guilty clients is a higher calling,

• Like 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Give me the cute giant baby to drool  over while sitting throught the scene any day of the week. 

Oh I LOVE the giant baby as much as anyone on this forum. In fact that baby is usually the highlight of most episodes and a better actor than half the cast 🤣Just maybe for the first few days if they would have used a doll instead of a baby that could hold his head up........

• Like 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, I fully support everyone's right to be fairly represented, reasonable doubt, and all that, literally went to school on the subject, but with Diane... My feeling is that the ground she stands on when she spouts off about this very subject is more of a sinkhole, because I believe she's all about the money first, and any idealistic beliefs are a very far second if they're thought of at all.

What I didn't get about the Ethan thing is why the auctioneer said he's considered a one-of-a-kind item, and why he said he was of personal interest to so many of the potential bidders? Huh, Show? Please explain.

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Oh, I fully support everyone's right to be fairly represented, reasonable doubt, and all that, literally went to school on the subject, but with Diane... My feeling is that the ground she stands on when she spouts off about this very subject is more of a sinkhole, because I believe she's all about the money first, and any idealistic beliefs are a very far second if they're thought of at all.

I think she’s just making an excuse and Robert doesn’t know her well enough to call her out on it. First, it’s not just who she chooses to represent. I’m sure she could get reported to the state bar for pretending to represent a client with the expressed intent of obtaining information to give to her actual client. Second, we’ve known Diane for years. She’s never been the everyone deserves a defense type. That was what set her apart from Alexis. She was always about representing whoever would pay her a lot of money and was very clear about that. 

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She was always about representing whoever would pay her a lot of money and was very clear about that. 

I've always liked that she's been honest about that.

There are much bigger hypocrites on the show, and given that Diane is a supporting character, her hypocrisy doesn't bother me much.

45 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

What I didn't get about the Ethan thing is why the auctioneer said he's considered a one-of-a-kind item, and why he said he was of personal interest to so many of the potential bidders? Huh, Show? Please explain.

Maybe other bidders are people he's conned, and this is their chance for revenge? He's been off the show for a decade or so; I'm now supposed to care? I never liked how the show made his swindling something I should find amusing, so if this is his past catching up to him, well, karma's a bitch.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1