Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, MotherInLaw said:

Has anyone noticed how severely bruised Allie Mills hands and arms are?

I didn't notice but I wonder if she could be on blood thinners. She's seventy and that often when cardiovascular problems start.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 2
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

oh i agree. like 1A/1B for me, it's sort of why i am glad they are trying to humanize her (and my hope is when she gets her memory back it just makes her grey). she's murdered and everything but again i think that can really be worked on that ryan really preyed on her emotions  etc (cultish behaviour etc)  it doesn't excuse it of course but it can put her in a different angle

Wait, who did Esme murder? I know she drugged that Oz guy but he didn't die from that. The story took so many twists and turns over a long time that I can't remember everything anymore. I thought Heather is responsible for all the murders. It doesn't look like the nanny was involved at all. But why would Heather go after Nik? We were supposed to think it was Esme but don't know that it was. Jeez, I'm so confused.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Edited by BunnyFooFoo
Weird double posting
  • Like 1

Heather for sure did Britt and Rory.  i believe Esme did Nik since she had escaped from the north tower and instead of heading out of dodge like a sane person, she stuck around and hit him with a thingy from the stables.  

As for Ava, Brando, Diane, and Oz, we don't know who, and it will depend on what the writers feel like at any given moment, whether it was Heather all the time or someone else.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Oh, no one chews scenery better than Ryan Chamberlain!  He's such an old-school dastardly villain!   

Finally! Something interesting happens on this show!!

• Like 4

I found some really bad clip of today's episode and absolute thumbs up to the Esme actress. Her reaction to Ryan telling her she's his daughter was really visceral. Absolutely perfect. I really felt her in that moment. I'm glad I get to see her play something other than a twirling villain mustache.

Still waiting on the Ava/Felicia v. Ryan , Trina/squealing liar, Curtis & co v. Spencer and even Maggy's reveal.

The one day the show is good, I have to wait for clips.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Jordan has never declared Trina was Curtis's. She doesn't know for sure because Portia has never said. She's always advised Portia to tell Curtis that it's a possibility. Maybe Jordan wouldn't have been running

Jordan has declared it to herself, to Portia to Stella all because assuming Trina and Stella's dna online match and Trina's went offline at same time.  

Jordan got what she set out to do, all up in other people's business in a family that isn't hers.  

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Still waiting on the Ava/Felicia v. Ryan ,

It was only the last ten seconds, so it's really tomorrow that the scenes will play out.

And, yes, JL seems to be having a blast. 

Avery Pohl was so good today--I felt her terror. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

Wait, who did Esme murder? I know she drugged that Oz guy but he didn't die from that. The story took so many twists and turns over a long time that I can't remember everything anymore. I thought Heather is responsible for all the murders. It doesn't look like the nanny was involved at all. But why would Heather go after Nik? We were supposed to think it was Esme but don't know that it was. Jeez, I'm so confused.

oh i had meant to say she didn't murder. LOL (sorry didnt mean to confuse). she didn't murder but she has done some horrid stuff

• Useful 2
22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Avery Pohl was so good today--I felt her terror. 

Her whole body trembling was so well done. I got sick of smirky Esme in the tower but AP has always had great potential. 

I have to say that TA really stepped up today too - it finally felt like her Trina was real, and her anger and disgust was excellent. GH in general was shockingly good today! Even Joss didn’t annoy me. 

• Like 8

I have been enjoying GH the past two days and I realized it's for two reasons.

1) Ryan Chamberlain. Never not funny. GIVE HIM A HAND. I need more Ryan/Kevin shenanigans.

2) The storylines ARE ACTUALLY MOVING FORWARD.

It baffles me how the writers relish dragging things out. The faster storytelling really makes the show better. There is an urgency when things are actually happening, and that makes me want to watch instead of fast forward, because I'm afraid I'll miss something good. Usually I fast forward probably half the show.

Edited by threebluestars
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ciarra said:

Carly wasn't there, but Drewsome was.  Man, I hate him as much as LWB. 

He has become one of the worst characters on the show, it's amazing how quickly that happened.  I know Nina was trying to fish for info on him and Carly, but he was being so dismissive of and rude to her.  His whole personality is talking up Carly and being in a "secret" relationship no one cares about. 

The show was pretty great the past couple of days, and it was mainly because the storylines were moving and the acting was very fun and soapy. But it was also because it wasn't the Carlys hour.  Unlike Carly keeping Nina and Willow's connection a secret, I expect Portia's secret will actually have repercussions.  And Esme/Heather/Ryan now mixed with Ava and Felicia is just great soap.  I hope the reveal that Esme is Ryan's keeps Liz from going to the cops with her own confession, but that she gets more involved in that storyline.  Basically everything that isn't the Carlys is pretty decent right now. 

• Like 14
50 minutes ago, standbyme said:

I expect Portia's secret will actually have repercussions.

Maybe, but how interesting will it be to watch Curtis get on his high horse about lies? Taggert has some standing to blast Portia, but again, not something I really want to see. I don't look forward to Marshall putting in his two cents, either. Of the Portia/Curtis/Marshall/Taggert quartet, he's the one who needs to butt out entirely. But I doubt he will. 

Until they know who Trina's bio father is, this is all a big nothing for me. And even afterward, Trina is grown. Taggert is the man who raised her. Nothing will change that.

It also bothers me that Portia will likely get dragged for this for weeks, where Carly gets off scott-free for her lie, which is comparably big. But she's Carly, she of no consequences. UGH.

• Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
53 minutes ago, standbyme said:

I know Nina was trying to fish for info on him and Carly, but he was being so dismissive of and rude to her.  His whole personality is talking up Carly and being in a "secret" relationship no one cares about. 

He was only mad at Carly for keeping the Nina secret because it could've hurt Willow, not because Nina had a right to that information.  He was, and is, perfectly fine with her being shut out of both her daughter's and grandchildren's lives, basically not because HE formed that thought, but because the Carlys told him that.

Drew sucks.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

New unspoiled fanwank:  New actor replacement Nik, magically back from the dead, saves Ava and Felicia.  Ava is wounded and Austin tends to her, strengthening the bond between them.

I totally expect to be wrong.

Unspoiled alternative:  Austin saves Ava and Felicia and then delivers Esme's baby after she goes into labor.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe, but how interesting will it be to watch Curtis get on his high horse about lies?

Stealing a kidney = okay.  Lying, not. 

Isn't he also laundering Selina's mob money through the club?

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Stealing a kidney = okay.

I mean, especially when it's from someone like Ryan or Nelle.  I suspect if anyone so much as tried to take a sprig of moss from Carly's kitchen there would be HELL TO PAY!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I mean, especially when it's from someone like Ryan or Nelle.  I suspect if anyone so much as tried to take a sprig of moss from Carly's kitchen there would be HELL TO PAY!

Who has Ryan's kidney?

Jordan, I believe. Too bad it hasn't made her any smarter. I don't know why GH doesn't throw caution to the wind and go completely bananas with stuff like this. Joss has Nelle's kidney and can start raising hell for Carly; Jordan suddenly starts taking the perps' side when arrested. Let the organ reflect the donor's personality!

Edited by dubbel zout
correcting auto correct
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
8 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Who has Ryan's kidney?

Jordan. Originally Kevin was a match but because the physical after effects when he was trapped at the psych ward when Ryan switched places, he couldn’t donate. Curtis got a bunch of medical people to take Ryan’s kidney and have Kevin pretend to be Ryan to give consent to the procedure.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Curtis was also totes okay with Portia unethically waking up Oz so he could testify at Trina's trial. And yes, he is letting Serena use the Savoy as a front for an illegal gambling operation. Which Portia doesn't know about.

Curtis needs to STFU for a long time.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe, but how interesting will it be to watch Curtis get on his high horse about lies? Taggert has some standing to blast Portia, but again, not something I really want to see. I don't look forward to Marshall putting in his two cents, either. Of the Portia/Curtis/Marshall/Taggert quartet, he's the one who needs to butt out entirely. But I doubt he will. 

Until they know who Trina's bio father is, this is all a big nothing for me. And even afterward, Trina is grown. Taggert is the man who raised her. Nothing will change that.

It also bothers me that Portia will likely get dragged for this for weeks, where Carly gets off scott-free for her lie, which is comparably big. But she's Carly, she of no consequences. UGH.

I think Marcus might have been willfully oblivious to the fact that Trina might not be his. Would most of us trust a cheating spouse on that? 

I hate saying this because I don't like him anymore but Curtis and Trina are definitely the injured parties here. For Trina it's like finding out you were adopted. Who you are and assume you are - your reality shifts underneath you. For Curtis, he may have made different life choices knowing he had a daughter depending on him. Neither of them can get that time back. Portia deserves some dragging, imo.

That said, #KeepTrinaTaggert's 

• Like 9

I think leaving the paternity thing alone should be an option, given the baby is grown up and both men must have had some awareness and Taggart especially being OK with going on as is.  Stella acting like that deprives Portia of that option. It's not really her business and it's not a lie like one of them is still married that could justify getting oneself involved.  It's a soap, so it has to come out, though.  

It is one instance where both fathers are alive and on stage, so that could be interesting.  I can't think of where it happened before - there was a time Carly had both mothers, but they killed Virginia off quickly.   TJ's other father is dead so far.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Portia deserves some dragging, imo.

Oh, she definitely does. But it's likely going to go on for too long. That's what I'm not looking forward to.

15 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

I think leaving the paternity thing alone should be an option, given the baby  is grown up

Or Trina gets a DNA test and keeps the results to herself. But Curtis needs his pound of flesh, so neither of these will likely happen.

I'm so tired of bio parents being switched around like some sort of Uno game. The show goes to this well way too often; it probably ties with pregnancy as the most overused plot device. They are both completely played out.

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
24 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

It is one instance where both fathers are alive and on stage, so that could be interesting.  I can't think of where it happened before - there was a time Carly had both mothers, but they killed Virginia off quickly.   TJ's other father is dead so far.  

They did it on Y&R. it was really good. Dru was married to Neil Winters but she was sick one day and got hopped up on cold meds. Neil's brother Malcolm found her, and they had mucho sexy times, (Malcolm loved Dru and he actually knew that she thought it was Neil know that she was basically high, and they both decided not to say anything because Dru wouldn't have done it had it not been for the drugs. when Dru became pregnant both of them decided not to discover the paternity and keep that one night secret

a few years later, Malcolm decided he wanted  to know, (I can't remember why), so Dru had one done, LIly was Malcolm's and again they decided to keep it secret. 

Then a year after that Lily finds out, tears Dru a new one (because she thought Dru was cheating on Neil for ages), Dru shut it down and said it wasnt like that at all but then Lily tells Neil, Neil is devestated and Dru & Neil separate, but they get back together, but then Dru dies a year after that. LOL it was really good and soapy. but there were so many pockets and layers to that.

this not so much

Lily found out that Malcolm could be her father, but she didn't really know the whole story (That Dru was hopped up on cold medicine, and that Malcolm and she had a hot night of love making and she thought it was Neil). Both of them decided that it didn't make sense to say anything because it wouldn't have  happened had it not been for the Nyquil. 

Fastforward X years later, Lily finds out and basically rips in a new one for Dru because she lied to Neil all these years. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

New unspoiled fanwank:  New actor replacement Nik, magically back from the dead, saves Ava and Felicia.  Ava is wounded and Austin tends to her, strengthening the bond between them.

I totally expect to be wrong.

I was thinking about a similar scenario. 🤣

• Like 2

Caught up on yesterday’s show, then watched the last half of today’s- it was fun!

Taggart and Trina - all the feels! 💕

If Austin gets hooked, it greatly increases the chances of Nik waking up. The hooker looked pregnant to me. Interesting.

• Like 6

It’s startling how much more watchable this show is every time they focus on any SL that isn’t about the Carlys and their SOs. They are truly the weak spot of the show since their stories tending to be so anti-soapy 

• Like 14
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

So this has been really fun. Why can't they do this like half the time? I know saying all the time is putting the bar way to high for people who have a stunted imagination.

I did catch all the clips from yesterday and today's show and this was thoroughly enjoyable. 

I was really looking forward to the Trina secret being finally outed because of her holier than thou attitude. But Curtis has some serious hearing issues and comprehension problems. I don't know what I was expecting.

Ryan doing his Ryan thing, and Ava and Felicia.

I was wondering if Austin was about to call his cousin Mason to the rescue, then the hook showed up. So is Austin going to defend himself successfully or is his ass going to be as incompetent as Brando's?

Of course, Esme did not do a DNA test to confirm that Ryan was her father. We get confirmation with half-heart necklaces and brooches. Who needs science when you have trinkets.

The acting has been great over the past couple days. The writing has been good (fucking finally!)

And none of the Carlys to pollute the screen with their woe is me ever growing victimhood. Win-win.

7 minutes ago, Desperado said:

The hooker looked pregnant to me.

Esme was wearing leggings when she was dragged out of Spring Ridge. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Aww.  I liked the wedding.  Boring, yes.  But I still enjoyed it.  I put aside all the sketchiness and just enjoyed two pretty people getting married, and I loved all the extended family that was present.  I think everyone looked pretty good, the hair and makeup were especially good, especially Laura and Ava.  Unpopular opinion but I liked Ava’s look, very Dynasty but I didn’t hate it.  Nina looked like she was going to work, her dress was very simple but I guess that makes sense with everything she’s going through.  Unfortunately, I HATED the wedding dress.   Very eighties, and not in a good way.  I wish Portia had put her hair up, or better yet went back to curly.  I also didn’t like Trina’s little bow necklace, too cutesy.  Curtis looked super handsome.  Wowza!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 7

Nice soapy scream from Felicia when Ryan revealed it was he.

Spring Ridge really needs a security overhaul, heh.

The lighting today was terrible. It's never great, but today looked particularly bad. Portia looked awful, and not just because she was in tears. Jordan looked really bad. Ava and Ryan were super orange.

Ava being kind of lippy to Ryan was fun.

27 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course, Esme did not do a DNA test to confirm that Ryan was her father. We get confirmation with half-heart necklaces and brooches. Who needs science when you have trinkets.

I cut Esmé a bit of slack on this—she had other priorities than being sure about her parentage, like setting up Cam and Joss—but yeah, everyone seems to rely on trinkets more than science, heh. Unless your name is Willow. Then you don't care about either.

That said, why hasn't anyone suggested a DNA test to be sure? Right now there's just a lot of yelling about theoretical situations. Maybe ask if everyone wants to know and go from there? 

Taggert was great today. Of course he still thinks of himself as Trina's dad—he raised her. I hope once the shock wears off, Trina is able to see that she's still the same person she always was.

The haunting of Deputy Mayor Ashby is completely dumb, but I kind of enjoy the cheesiness.

Hey, Spencer! Maybe tell Trina's dad that Esmé is on the lam, you turd.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
50 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But Curtis has some serious hearing issues and comprehension problems. I don't know what I was expecting.

Ryan doing his Ryan thing, and Ava and Felicia.

I was wondering if Austin was about to call his cousin Mason to the rescue, then the hook showed up. So is Austin going to defend himself successfully or is his ass going to be as incompetent as Brando's?

The acting has been great over the past couple days. The writing has been good (fucking finally!)

And none of the Carlys to pollute the screen with their woe is me ever growing victimhood. Win-win.

I don't think he has hearing or comprehension problems. I think he was incredulous and trying to wrap his mind around the fact that he has loved and put so much faith in Portia only to find out she's been keeping a huge secret from him even when he had asked her directly about Trina and even during their wedding vows. She only told the truth because Trina confronted her and really sounded (to me) like she was telling Curtis she wasn't going to allow him to be a father because a) he broke her heart by walking away and b) Marcus was acting like the husband she wanted and he was excited to be a dad. 

The usual woe-is-me victimhood title that usually goes to the Carlys definitely goes to Portia for this Friday episode.

Marcus Taggert is an awesome dad. That is all.

Ava sneering at and taunting Ryan and Felicia being her side kick in it was fun. Mac threatening Ryan over the phone gave me old school Mac and Felicia v. Ryan vibes. 

I don't get why "the Hook" snuck into Wydemere that way. How could she/they have known Franco...er....Austin would be there and making a call (besides a plot point.) He was inside and all doors were closed.

It's a beautiful day when there are no Carly/Carly spawn or love interest sightings and the only ones connected to the Carly/Sonny clan on screen are Spencer and Dante!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Taggert was great today. Of course he still thinks of himself as Trina's dad—he raised her.

Taggert was the only adult in the room today. He put Trina and her feelings ahead of his own. And that's what a loving and caring parent does. He wholly focused on her even though his heart was likely shattered.

• Like 10
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't get why "the Hook" snuck into Wydemere that way. How could she/they have known Franco...er....Austin would be there and making a call (besides a plot point.) He was inside and all doors were closed.

I think this version of The Hook is Heather. She'd want to get rid of Ava. 

If she kills Franco, er, Austin, er Todd while trying to get to her, it's fine with me. 

Edited by rur
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
12 minutes ago, rur said:

I think this version of The Hook is Heather. She'd want to get rid of Ava. 

If she kills Franco, er, Austin, er Todd while trying to get to her, it's fine with me. 

I knew this version of The Hook killed Britt. But did I miss her confirming she killed Rory? And if so, why?  

I understand she wants to get rid of Ava, but she just snuck in the door and raised the hook toward Austin a couple of feet away without any situational awareness of where Ava is in that mansion. The audience has seen The Hook stalk victims in outdoor locations from a distance and sneak up on them. For all this Hook knows, Ava could come running out from somewhere and attack her with a weapon while she is attacking Austin.

I guess the police will soon find Nikolas and assume Ryan killed or grievously wounded him?

• Useful 1
On 2/16/2023 at 4:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I wish Maggie had told Dante and Sam to go fuck themselves.

or at least feck themselves !

23 hours ago, MotherInLaw said:

Has anyone noticed how severely bruised Allie Mills hands and arms are?

I didn't notice bruises but a lot of age spots which is NORMAL for a woman that age but you usually do not see that on TV

I'm a day behind because new TV cable I can't time shift but I can watch on demand the next day so I have been catching up but will have to watch tomorrow for today's episode. I can't wait to hear Ryan's exclamation that he hit the jackpot finding both Ava and Felicia... so soapy and I didn't see it coming..

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I knew this version of The Hook killed Britt. But did I miss her confirming she killed Rory? And if so, why? 

Didn't Heather have the trophy earring from a previous Ryan victim that was left with Rory?  IDK my mind is mush these days.

Forensics had pulled DNA that matched the earring and confirmed it belonged to Ryan’s ex-wife, Gloria Wilson.

Once they were alone, Ryan confronted Heather since that earring was on the chain that she pilfered years ago.

Edited by ciarra

DT is the weak link is in this paternity reveal. I think everyone else is killing is though. Maybe Curtis is better off playing the designated best friend because he’s giving nothing

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Jon Lindstrom and Ally Mills are so delightful!  You can tell JL is enjoying himself.  I only remember Allie as the mom on The Wonder Years so this is quite a change.  She’s been a riot.  All the kudos to Avery Pohl as well.  I don’t think Esme is faking and I’m ok with that.  If William Livingston was on contract I’d like to see Esme get together with Cam.

I haven’t watched today yet but I have to say this whole week has been very soapy - big wedding, paternity (semi)reveal, amnesiac kidnapped, psychos on the loose….and pretty solid acting all around.  Good stuff!

• Like 13