Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

Still confounded these days by how much I don't hate Sonny anymore. 

I think we are confounded by that. It's a weird feeling to agree with Sonny, not roll eyes at Sonny, not scream at him to get the screen or STFU.

If that was the goal with this semi-reset, then the writers managed to succeed. Although with these writers, it was probably a happy accident.

• Like 15
  • LOL 3

So, clearly the wedding and the Pikeman deal will happen at the same time. So, does this mean Willow will invite Sonny to the wedding, leaving Dex to handle the shipment alone? Can we hope that the Pikeman folks will kill him? Then Joss will learn that he was there on Michael's orders. 

( Or will the Carly's be forever drama-free/ consequence free) 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I still don't understand how Carly is fine with Joss sleeping with a mobster. Dex isn't even a high level guy but a flunky who seems about a bright as all of Sonny's other non-Jason flunkies (not bright at all) so is unlikely to move up. I'm not holding my breath that this is the storyline that teaches Joss once and for all what life in the mob really means because, as a college sophomore, she should already know. 

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

I still don't understand how Carly is fine with Joss sleeping with a mobster. Dex isn't even a high level guy but a flunky who seems about a bright as all of Sonny's other non-Jason flunkies (not bright at all) so is unlikely to move up. I'm not holding my breath that this is the storyline that teaches Joss once and for all what life in the mob really means because, as a college sophomore, she should already know. 

They’ve established that Carly/Joss have a Gilmore Girls type relationship. Both of them agree about everything and do not challenge the other or call each other out. Makes for a very lame mother/daughter relationship on a soap but it’s what it is. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
4 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Honestly, i think because not only if Carly had it her way, Jason would be alive, and they'd be doing it like bunnies and now i have that image in my head and i hate myself. and she pretty much said that to joss. Joss will do whatever she wants anyway, because Carly was like that too so why say anything. 

This is ultimately what Jax was eternally afraid of. Carly's "Eh, mob is cool" attitude would wash back on his daughter.  Where it should have happened was at Carly + Jason's wedding when the bomb blew up, and Joss is all "I'm a BIG girl, meh meh nothing can hurt me, meh meh, leaveme alone dad, Mobsters are cool" and she got seriously hurt or scarred from that. Nope x2. 

The best thing that could happen, is that again something goes down and Joss gets seriously. like a few years show time hurt, or something to finally get it through both her & her mother's head that this is not the life for them. (and even though we don't have Jax on screen, i wanna see Carly having to call Jax and have her explain how their child got hurt by mob violence and that he was right). 

so thats not even going to happen

8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They’ve established that Carly/Joss have a Gilmore Girls type relationship. Both of them agree about everything and do not challenge the other or call each other out. Makes for a very lame mother/daughter relationship on a soap but it’s what it is. 

and the thing is even on Gilmore Girls, Lorelai deployed the mom card a few times which led to some pretty big fights. but that is a great analogy too. both moms think the sun shines out of their daughters entitled behinds, and both daughters think they know so much but truly know so little

• Like 13

Can we talk about Elizabeth? She keeps going on and on about that darn secret, and I’m sick of it. Is this the new “plot” for her or something?!? Girl…..if you’re that tied up in knots, retain Scotty, work out a deal for yourself, and shut up! I’m so sick of hearing her whine about what she did! Maybe if she hadn’t hidden a body in a freezer a year or so ago, I might feel differently but she did! 

I understand her actions/feelings are driving Ava to act but……….Liz is beyond annoying at this point. If she wants to be an idiot and confess, fine. I hope she does it already and quits talking about it. 

I hate the way the show has used Jordan because at the end of the day, if Portia wants to lie to Curtis, that’s on her. Jordan shouldn’t care! They could have let Portia have lots of FBs to Jordan’s initial advice to be honest before Curtis dumps her and then everyone praising her on her honesty and how she never lies or even Curtis talking about how Jordan’s (work-related) lies ruined their relationship 🙄- and achieved the same goal. Having Jordan always mentioning it makes her seem jealous and thirsty! 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I still don't understand how Carly is fine with Joss sleeping with a mobster

Because with the exception of Jax, Carly has spent her entire adult life wtih a mobster, first Jason then Sonny, then Jason, then Sonny, then Lorenzo then Sonny.  So she really does'n't have a leg to stand on.  

• Like 8
18 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I hate the way the show has used Jordan because at the end of the day, if Portia wants to lie to Curtis, that’s on her. Jordan shouldn’t care! They could have let Portia have lots of FBs to Jordan’s initial advice to be honest before Curtis dumps her and then everyone praising her on her honesty and how she never lies or even Curtis talking about how Jordan’s (work-related) lies ruined their relationship 🙄- and achieved the same goal. Having Jordan always mentioning it makes her seem jealous and thirsty! 

I was thinking about this last night when @dubbel zout was saying it wasn't her business etc.  I guess - i dunno maybe it's more of. i guess this is Jordan's life playing out in front of her before her eyes. she lied for years about TJ's birth father, and it blew  up in her face. She lied to Curtis constantly and it blew up in her face. and now she's seeing portia do the same thing and it's like but why are you doing this when you know how this is going to en up? 

it would be kind of nice to know her motivation though. If she truly is team "Be happy, sthap lying"  (i mean again i commend that) but then  she's got to actually poop and get off the pot. but at the same time I get her not wanting to tell because she'd get both barrels at her anyway

and i suppose Portia kinda MADE it her business when she told Jordan. if she didn't want anyone to know, then she shouldn't have said anything  - but truthfully this would be playing better if Jordan did want Curtis back.and she was trying to not get her hands dirty (which makes sense since a lot of times the soapy way would be "if you dont say I'll say" and then they get all shocked when the guy is mad at them anyway. 

as for Liz. the same. just shut up and turn yourself in already. like for me it just feels like she tells everyone this so they CAN talk her out of it only for her to go "nuhnuh! i really do want to do it!"

• Like 8
9 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

It's amazing isn't it? It's the first time in decades I genuinely enjoy Sonny. I get depressed whenever I see the official gh instagram comments, because they're all clamoring for the return of pre-Nina Sonny.  But Sonny today is charming, and happy, and makes reasoned, logical decisions.  

• Like 22
11 hours ago, Daisy said:

Willow, given weeks to live wants to waste two of them planning a wedding that is in a living room

I rolled my eyes at this, as you know Willow will be gracefully waltzing down the Q staircase to her ~prince for this wedding, when in reality even getting out of bed to use the toilet would exhaust her.  

Good news is in two weeks preemie Amelia will be old enough to be the flower girl and walk down the aisle.  

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

as for Liz. the same. just shut up and turn yourself in already. like for me it just feels like she tells everyone this so they CAN talk her out of it only for her to go "nuhnuh! i really do want to do it!"

I agree.  Talking to scotty first and having him go to PD with her makes perfect logical sense.  But, just do it.  If this were Cam's wedding, yes, absolutely wait until the next day. But, is she really all that close to Portia?  

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Because with the exception of Jax, Carly has spent her entire adult life wtih a mobster, first Jason then Sonny, then Jason, then Sonny, then Lorenzo then Sonny.  So she really does'n't have a leg to stand on.  

I do kind of recall her basically saying this isn't a good idea.  But, Joss is an adult.  Carly knows she's not going to talk her out of being with who she wants to be with.

I can't decide how I feel about Carly offering the olive branch of helping "build a bridge" between Liesl and Willow. On the one hand, I think it's the right thing to do and the right way to go about it. Willow is not ready for full-on Nina reconciliation.  But, on the other hand, she's only doing it because Britt saved Joss's life, not because it's right. But, I guess, either way it's getting done and that's what matters.

Joss says that she desperately doesn't want Sonny to know about her and Dex, but she's hanging out with him when she knows Sonny's just inside and then goes the extra step to defend him from Spenser?  What an idiot.  

And is Portia going to tell Curtis in front of everyone that he's Trina's father.  That would be awful.  Can you imagine being Taggart and Trina and having that announced in front of a whole crowd of people while you have to process that?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Joss says that she desperately doesn't want Sonny to know about her and Dex, but she's hanging out with him when she knows Sonny's just inside and then goes the extra step to defend him from Spenser?  What an idiot

The four words that sum up this character.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

So, clearly the wedding and the Pikeman deal will happen at the same time. So, does this mean Willow will invite Sonny to the wedding, leaving Dex to handle the shipment alone? Can we hope that the Pikeman folks will kill him? Then Joss will learn that he was there on Michael's orders. 

( Or will the Carly's be forever drama-free/ consequence free) 

Yeah, that's also stupid.  OK, we know it's V-Day because that's when Portia's wedding is and that's happening now.  So, we can assume that the shipment is the 28th, assuming being vague and saying 2 weeks really means two weeks. While I hate hate hate hate hate Michael's "I have to take Sonny down" plan, it's not that big of a deal.  Just tell Willow you want to get married March 1st because it's the beginning of the month. Personally I think they should do this as fast as they can get a license, but I doubt 1 single solitary day is going to make a difference. Or say you want to get married on the 27th because you feel like getting married the "last day" of the month would be bad luck under such circumstances.  They haven't actually done anything yet.  They just decided to get married 5 minutes ago.  

• Like 5

Also, unintentional laugh of the show. What Willow couldn't say was that the reason she doesn't want to get married in the hospital chapel was because that's where she married Chase, and that... Did not turn out well. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
14 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

Every character away from Carly is better. Look what's happened to Drew since he got moon eyes for her.

6 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I still don't understand how Carly is fine with Joss sleeping with a mobster.

For Carly, mobster = good; rich businessman (Jax, a Quartermaine) = bad.

Carly probably prefers Dex to Cam for Joss if only Dex didn't work for the wrong mobster.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

it would be kind of nice to know [Jordan's] motivation though.

There's an interesting parallel between Jordan and Nina.  Portia is doing the same thing that Jordan did, keeping a secret from Curtis, except that Jordan had the justification of her job. Nina did the same thing Carly did (keeping the secret of Sonny/Willow's mother) and for almost as long as time. But as Jordan and Nina see it, Portia and Carly respectively are going to get off scot free while Jordan lost her marriage and Nina is going to lose her only living daughter and remains the town pariah.

Not surprised if they resented the double standard.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

This episode is soooo boring. When the most interesting part of the episode is a Yuri sighting or Jordan with Stella, you know you're in trouble.

Curtis, let Taggart dance with his daughter. You can dance with her later but staking a claim during her father/daughter dance is just nasty.

"Sick of not, {Stella} needs to be at this wedding." Sure Trina, let's bring Stella in and she can get even sicker. Or infect everyone attending. Maybe Trinq really is Portia and Curtis' daughter.

Why don't Dante and Sam just tell the barkeep that Esme has lost her memory and they are trying to find information for her? All this dancing around is so stupid. And the overdone Irish accent -- could it be any more obvious that she's Maggie Fitzgerald herself? Neither Sam nor Dante is any great shakes as a detective if they haven't figured that out yet.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

I can't decide how I feel about Carly offering the olive branch of helping "build a bridge" between Liesl and Willow. On the one hand, I think it's the right thing to do and the right way to go about it. Willow is not ready for full-on Nina reconciliation.  But, on the other hand, she's only doing it because Britt saved Joss's life, not because it's right.

I don't think it had anything to do with Britt saving Joss.  I think Ms Control Freak needs to control every situation to her specifications so by being the bridge she controls when and how long Liesl talks to Willow.  If Liesl hadn't run into Carly, she could just as easily have gone to Willow's room and had that exact same conversation, especially if she prefaced it with, "i'm getting myself tested"  

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
18 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

As for Taggert and Trina, I think Portia probably lied to him about the timing of her affair with Curtis. 

That's what I think, too. When the affair was first acknowledged on-screen, the writing for multiple characters made it sound like Trina already existed when the affair happened. Also, Taggert said he realized Portia had been having an affair that (last?) time he came back, because there was something "different" about her - he just wasn't sure about the identity of the guy. No way he wouldn't have pressed the issue about an affair if Portia was clearly pregnant. Curtis walked away from Portia upon finding out she was married. However long later, Portia and Taggert decided to divorce.

I rolled my eyes at how contrived this Trina's bio father storyline is as of this moment. Portia is determined to have her perfect wedding day, and keeps her mouth shut while Trina decides she must leave the wedding moments before her public toast to her mom and Curtis, to persuade (demand?) that Aunt Stella  come and make the day a completely happy one for Curtis.  Btw, does Stella even know Spencer?

When Joss told Spencer she still thinks he's not good enough for Trina, I wish he had said, "Well you're definitely not good enough for Cam," instead of "ok" re: her indirect line about Dex.

Does it not even occur to Heather that she just gave Ryan a weapon he could use to kill her and leave with Esme, instead?  I've thought Heather is supposed to be delusional but not stupid. (??)

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

When Joss told Spencer she still thinks he's not good enough for Trina, I wish he had said, "Well you're definitely not good enough for Cam," instead of "ok" re: her indirect line about Dex.

i was really hoping for a clapback. 

I love Will Lipton - but i do have to say, not having him/Cam more in the forefront hurts some of this story. and my thing would be. Why would Joss want to hang out with Mr.Mobster Wannabe

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"Sick of not, {Stella} needs to be at this wedding." Sure Trina, let's bring Stella in and she can get even sicker. Or infect everyone attending. Maybe Trinq really is Portia and Curtis' daughter.

that annoyed me. she's sick. so no she doesn't need to be at the wedding. she needs to be resting getting better lol

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This episode is soooo boring.

honestly, like. i don't care about the couple. 
the secret didn't come out. 
but i was thankful for Portia's tortured looks to her dad + brother because my my they are cute. (and i just love how they were just sitting there kinda forward (probably because of blocking), but they looked not happy lol

• Like 12

Glad I wasn’t the only one bored. It’s also hard to enjoy a wedding when you know it’s starting a countdown to the mariage imploding.

Also, wasn’t Austin supposed to accompany Ava to the wedding? Did he bow out in order to take care of a non-dead Nik w/out telling her? Or is it a $/availability thing?

Alternatively, it would’ve been a great time to get rid of the body, with everyone at the wedding, but no, we can’t have moving along plots.

I like to see Vernee Watson on my screen so whatever they come up with to give her work, I’m for it but…

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This "Sick of not, {Stella} needs to be at this wedding." Sure Trina, let's bring Stella in and she can get even sicker. Or infect everyone attending. Maybe Trinq really is Portia and Curtis' daughter.

I totally agree. At least make it “checking up on her”.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, standbyme said:

It's amazing isn't it? It's the first time in decades I genuinely enjoy Sonny. I get depressed whenever I see the official gh instagram comments, because they're all clamoring for the return of pre-Nina Sonny.  But Sonny today is charming, and happy, and makes reasoned, logical decisions.  

I agree with this, but he's also in a supporting role, which is a rarity and maybe a nice change for some of us. The parts of the story that are really about him (this dangerous deal, the traitor in his organization) have been slow-moving background. Most of his scenes lately are supporting Nina, counseling Spencer, trying to be nice to Josslyn, trying to be nice to Michael and Willow, trying to coexist as exes/parents with Carly. He's almost a male Laura lately: getting a lot of air days, talking to a lot of characters, but it isn't really about him.

Many of those calling for a return to pre-Nixon Falls Sonny want him back with Carly, and I'll never agree with that. I wasn't an S/C fan at any point, but at least when Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun played Carly, I could see why they had fans. Benard and Wright just never had it that way, and reuniting their characters was lazy. 

6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I was on the barge at the time, but wasn't she with Johnny Zacchara for a while too? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I was on the barge at the time, but wasn't she with Johnny Zacchara for a while too? 

Yep! Actually Carly was sexing up Johnny at the time that little Joss got kidnapped from her house (by Jerry Jax, who injected both Joss and Alexis so they would be immune to the toxin he put in the Port Charles water supply).

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm pretty sure I'm glad I missed that.

me too
I only know it because i saw a clip LOL. Kate/Connie gave some really sweet burn on Carly about it and i teehee'd very loudly. 

• LOL 2

Oh, great. More snoozeworthy scenes from Dante and Sam. It's painful to watch them "work."

When does a wedding vow ask the congregation to support the bride and groom? That's a new one to me. 

I like that Curtis acknowledged Taggert being okay with him marrying Portia. That was a nice touch, without it sounding smug on Curtis's part.

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Curtis, let Taggart dance with his daughter. You can dance with her later but staking a claim during her father/daughter dance is just nasty.

Yeah, that was unnecessary. Taggert was a lot more gracious than he needed to be. Way to take away the good feeling I had earlier for you, Curtis. Also, LOL that Sonny and Molly didn't join in on the father-daughter dance. Or was it only for the wedding party–adjacent?

12 minutes ago, Desperado said:
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This "Sick of not, {Stella} needs to be at this wedding." Sure Trina, let's bring Stella in and she can get even sicker. Or infect everyone attending. Maybe Trina really is Portia and Curtis' daughter.

I totally agree. At least make it “checking up on her”.

Maybe let her be. When I'm not feeling well, the last thing I need is people checking on me. I'll let you know if I need anything. And while we know Stella's not really sick, you'd think everyone else would realize there was no way Stella would miss the wedding unless she really felt she couldn't be there.

Way to make Portia and Curtis's wedding about you, Drewfus. You've been hanging out with Carly too long.

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

When does a wedding vow ask the congregation to support the bride and groom? That's a new one to me.

I've been to two weddings recently ( before Covid when people had weddings) and both had that vow in there.  I guess it's a newfangled thing because couples today can't handle their own problems.  It takes a village and all that!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yep! Actually Carly was sexing up Johnny at the time that little Joss got kidnapped from her house (by Jerry Jax, who injected both Joss and Alexis so they would be immune to the toxin he put in the Port Charles water supply).

Good times! At least things happened when he was around, even if it was dumb.

• Love 1

Willow was so annoying when Teri was giving her the news and she kept interrupting every sentence to say she learned about all this in her oncology class or whatever.  Like we know, you went to nursing school, WE GET IT.  

I can’t get over how cute little (big) Amelia Grace is.  Those little feet!!  I love the name. Little Donna is gorgeous as well.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I've been to two weddings recently ( before Covid when people had weddings) and both had that vow in there.  I guess it's a newfangled thing because couples today can't handle their own problems.  It takes a village and all that!!!!

When my niece remarried, the minister asked that same thing. We all said “We do”. Half a beat later, my great nephew (age 4) yelled out “ Yeah, We Do!” Everyone burst out laughing. So fun.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sick of not, {Stella} needs to be at this wedding." Sure Trina, let's bring Stella in and she can get even sicker.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe let her be. When I'm not feeling well, the last thing I need is people checking on me.

But is she really sick? Remember, Jordan pretty much told her that Trina could be Curtis' daughter and Portia kept that a sekrit, and she was all set to confront her; then didn't look all that happy when Portia tried to give her that heirloom.

I'm thinking she called in "sick" so she wouldn't have to officiate/wouldn't be able to go through with it.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm thinking she called in "sick" so she wouldn't have to officiate/wouldn't be able to go through with it.

Totally. But that's Stella's decision if she's sick or if she wants to make up an excuse not to officiate because she's so conflicted about Portia's possible secret.  It's not Trina's place to persuade Stella to come to the wedding to make it "perfect for Curtis and Portia" even if it makes Stella uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Sometimes it takes a village. And sometimes the village pressures you into staying in a bad relationship because they expect you to stay together.

The theme of this post is "let people make their own decisions for themselves, not for you."

• Like 6

I guess I have heard things on that theme.

But since when has it become tradition for the officiant to ask *twice* if there are any reasons blah, blah, blah...  

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

when has it become tradition for the officiant to ask *twice* if there are any reasons blah, blah, blah..

When the bride is keeping a giant paternity secret from the groom.  Also, when the groom has conveniently forgotten to let his bride know that the local mob boss-ess is using his club for illegal poker games.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

I haven't been to a wedding in a long time, so I am obviously not up-to-date on what's going on with vows.

12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
15 minutes ago, Blackie said:

when has it become tradition for the officiant to ask *twice* if there are any reasons blah, blah, blah..

When the bride is keeping a giant paternity secret from the groom.  Also, when the groom has conveniently forgotten to let his bride know that the local mob boss-ess is using his club for illegal poker games.  

LOL. That really was a blatant plot point, even if Portia did once again punt. 

I forgot to mention that so far, Marshall hasn't had an episode he feared he might have. That mention earlier was such an anvil I'll be almost disappointed if nothing happens. He could at least have a mild panic attack to merit that mention.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

My bestie married in '93, and it was included in her ceremony.  The minister's speech sounded more like marriage counseling than talking about a couple's commitment to each other.  I had to zip my lip because I really didn't like what was said.

• Sad 1
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Marshall hasn't had an episode he feared he might have. That mention earlier was such an anvil I'll be almost disappointed if nothing happens

He seemed to look like "ohoh" when Portia seemed like she was having a breakdown in the middle of the ceremony.

God that was a long and boring wedding, Was Luke and Laura's wedding even that long?

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

And she was messing with Todd around that time too IRC. 

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Blackie said:

God that was a long and boring wedding, Was Luke and Laura's wedding even that long?

I think Luke and Laura's wedding aired over two days? But even if theirs was also long, it was FUN! And there were a lot more people who attended; we got to see Original Helena--Elizabeth Taylor-putting a curse on them. I just remember how much fun it was to see Luke, Robert, Dan, Leslie, Rick, and yes, even Noah and Annie--who weren't attending the wedding.

Just, no COMPARISON. Or hell, even Sean and Tiffany's wedding-now THAT was a GUTBUSTER!😂😂

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1

So Aunt Stella is about the blow up Trina's world. I am honestly fine with this because Portia isn't just a coward, she's also a woman-child, who wanted a fairytale while keeping a big ass secret from the man she claims to love, the one who is desperate to have a kid of his own because he has Medieval ideas about what fatherhood is. 

Anyway, FFed through most of that. I hate soap weddings because of the extra sap and I'm hoping that when Willow/Michael's turn comes that a bomb goes off in the middle of the Q living room.

As always, the sociopaths are a delight. Heather and Ryan are just fun to watch. And they act circles around about 95% of the cast.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

LOL they're brazen to put 'The Ashfords' on that drum set at Curtis and Portia's wedding. Didn't this whole town just attend the last matrimonial debut of 'The Ashfords' a couple years ago too? Same drums?

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why don't Dante and Sam just tell the barkeep that Esme has lost her memory and they are trying to find information for her? All this dancing around is so stupid. And the overdone Irish accent -- could it be any more obvious that she's Maggie Fitzgerald herself? Neither Sam nor Dante is any great shakes as a detective if they haven't figured that out yet.

Oh my God I could not believe these two nimrods when it was staring them right in the face....Dante says to Sam the obvious question here is why is she lying ?

Me: No, morons... the obvious question is ....is she really Maggie ????

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
40 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I do appreciate that show is consistent on demonstrating that Sam is a crappy PI and Dante is the standard incompetent PCPD cop. Their “investigation” was painful to watch 

seriously. like how complicated is this.

"Esme Prince lost her memory so she hired us to find Maggie Fitzgerald, so she could be a source of support for her because she's pregnant." why go through this huge stupid story. 

and then they were like "Well she said she didn't know trivia but she could list off all the Spice Girls! THE EFF" well i mean. maybe because she liked the Spice Girls? LOL

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

I didn't follow or even pay much attention to  the Spice Girls, and I could probably come up with at least 3 of their names, especially if I'd been talking about someone who could list all of the names. Anyone even at least marginally aware of pop culture would know something about them. Writers, this is the litmus test you're having these ace detectives use? 

Edited by rur
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4