Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

BLQ and the singer chick's relentess self-serving manipulation of Chase

Chase isn't helping himself here—he allows himself to be manipulated. It's not as if Blaze and BL are subtle. He also admitted to wanting to punch Linc yet again for having his hand on BL's knee. Does no one learn anything on this fakakta show?

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
42 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Bring Lucky back to what end, though? He'll just be one more character in an overbloated cast, twisting in the wind.

Maybe get rid of some of the boring people 😆

Lucky could support Liz, (maybe re kindle), support his kids, Laura, Dante (PcPD),

he has more to do in PC then a lot of the other characters.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, standbyme said:

I understood why Coloma was considered a weak actor by so many, because he really did have that open-mouth-fish look often. But he had such intense chemistry with Maura, and a good chemistry with NAC too.  Adam Huss is a better actor, but lacks spark, and I don't think he fits as Nikolas, who is supposed to be charming. To me he has a bit of a sleazy, squirrelly vibe.  We weren't supposed to empathize with him Friday, I don't think, but even his hug with Laura left me cold. Whereas NAC's Spencer, I'm always drawn to and I always feel some level of sympathy for when he shows vulnerability. 

The show seems allergic to good couples though, and continually wastes chemistry. As annoying as Brook Lynn is right now, she and Chase had a lot of chemistry in the beginning. Completely wasted. Nava had chemistry to spare, but they were also wasted (I guess they at least got to have sex first). I like this version of Sprina, but when SM was playing Trina, there was a smoldering chemistry there and they never even got a first kiss. But they give us tons of Drew and Carly, which no one wants. Such a mystery this show. 

It doesn’t help Huss that the writing is garbage.

• Like 4

So this is Nikolas dead! Take 2? Take 3?

Finn is manipulating Elizabeth just like Nik, except in reverse. If she wants to confess, it’s HER CHOICE! And just acting like she doesn’t know any attorneys who could go with her to make sure she doesn’t get into too much trouble? Gee, isn’t there SOMEONE? Oh, like SCOTTY! I hate this fucking show. It has ceased to be intelligent or use common sense ever since Frank took over. Oh, wait. It’s only the “stars” who are shown to call Diane.

Genie was really good today. And I really wanted to bitchslap Spencer and his convenient memory. YouTube to learn how to take care of a baby? He’s such a piece of shit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5

BL signing an NDA to get her song credits back is skeevy when we know that this SL will end with that other woman exposing him and trashing her own career in the process. I feel like every choice she makes is selfish and immature 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

For an episode free of any of the Carlys, this was disappointing.

The best part  I thought was Laura's talk with Spencer. GF was wasted for so many years. The only thing I wanted added was Laura pointing out that every time Spencer talks about the baby, it's always in connection to Nik and what he's done wrong. Spencer wanting to take the baby is about screwing it to Nik, not really what's best for the baby.

WTH are they doing to Nik? The idea of kidnapping Avery was so over the top, he needs to be stroking his handlebar moustache. Also, did he forget that Sonny is Avery's father? He wouldn't take this lying down.

While Finn is technically right, it's like he has taken on the mantle of Nik, not listening to Elizabeth and putting what he thinks is right ahead of what she wants.

They've ruined Chase in this stupid storyline just as they ruined Willow putting her with Michael. I do like Blaze with Chase though. Brook Lynn can find someone else to haunt.

I'm just waiting for TJ/Trina when his partnership with Molly blows up. Because this is a soap after all.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Nik is definitely getting the Julian edit with the threat to kidnap Avery. I think we’re supposed to think Nik is getting desperate and grasping at straws. If I were him, I wouldn’t be so sure Victor wouldn’t support Nik losing custody of Ace to Spencer. The baby is much easier to mold if it’s being raised by a clueless 20-year-old’s hired nannies. 

The music storyline needs to go away. We’ve been dealing with sleazy Linc since 2019 or 2020, right? Back when Dustin first beat him up at The Floating Rib? They need to wrap this up. I don’t care about Chase the Pop Star, and I don’t even care about Blaze or BLQ. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Blackie said:

Maybe get rid of some of the boring people 😆

Lucky could support Liz, (maybe re kindle), support his kids, Laura, Dante (PcPD),

he has more to do in PC then a lot of the other characters.

On that note, did anyone else notice precious little Wiley pictured in the title sequence the other week?  This bodes poorly for future character priorities.

Seriously, what the Hell is wrong with the writers?

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

For an episode free of any of the Carlys, this was disappointing.

The best part  I thought was Laura's talk with Spencer. GF was wasted for so many years. The only thing I wanted added was Laura pointing out that every time Spencer talks about the baby, it's always in connection to Nik and what he's done wrong. Spencer wanting to take the baby is about screwing it to Nik, not really what's best for the baby.

WTH are they doing to Nik? The idea of kidnapping Avery was so over the top, he needs to be stroking his handlebar moustache. Also, did he forget that Sonny is Avery's father? He wouldn't take this lying down.

While Finn is technically right, it's like he has taken on the mantle of Nik, not listening to Elizabeth and putting what he thinks is right ahead of what she wants.

They've ruined Chase in this stupid storyline just as they ruined Willow putting her with Michael. I do like Blaze with Chase though. Brook Lynn can find someone else to haunt.

I'm just waiting for TJ/Trina when his partnership with Molly blows up. Because this is a soap after all.

Maybe they put the writer who was in charge of Peter’s brilliant villainy in charge of writing this crap.

• Like 11
On 2/4/2023 at 11:50 AM, Winston Wolfe said:

It feels like we witnessed the emergence of a real rising star yesterday. The calm, quiet confidence NAC demonstrated while dressing down Dickolas was truly outstanding. He seemed like a TRUE Cassadine in that scene.  Seems like NAC's first nervous day on GH was eons ago. He's come a long way as a young actor.

He is so outta here when his contract expires in summer 2024. And good for him when he does- I wish him the best of luck and I hope he can land a good show like Jonathan Jackson eventually did. There's something incredibly nice about seeing a guy coming out of nowhere and being given the chance to break into  the entertainment industry with no connections to speak of.

I've really enjoyed what NAC has brought to the show, in any event. Definitely the best emergence of talent I've seen on GH in a looooooonnnngggg time.

Laura bringing up her guilt over not raising Nikolas was a nice moment. I did kind of want to see Lucky come back. Again, Josh Kelley probably could have played the version of Lucky that Gregory Vaughn did, but whatever at this point.

And yeah, let's shout out Adam Huss. He really did the best he possibly could have done, taking over a part for a few days to close out a character. I don't know if I want him as a permanent Nikolas, but either way he made a nice reel for himself.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 17
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don't know if I want him as a permanent Nikolas,

I’m 1000% sure I don’t. Maybe he’s a better actor than MC, although I didn’t think MC was so bad. And maybe I’m shallow. But AH looks like a thug and I expect him to start foaming at the mouth when he yells. There’s just nothing appealing about him and I don’t think he fits the role. Although dog knows they’ve written Nik horribly for years. So maybe that’s what they want the character to be.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

And yeah, let's shout out Adam Huss

I though he was better in the Spencer/Laura scenes than yesterday's scenes with Ava but I think that was the writing. As others said, threatening Avery was dumb when we all know who her father is. I think he just needed to play the Kiki card harder to make Ava feel bad. I guess then she wouldn't have had a reason to club him

• Like 9
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Hmmm maybe I missed a vibe because I thought that scene was a family bonding set-up in preparation for the reveal that Curtis is her father. Though I guess they can also both bond over the fact that their mothers lied to them about who their fathers for their entire childhoods. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I'm just waiting for TJ/Trina

That feels icky.  I know there is no blood between them even if she turns out to be Curtis' daughter since he' s not technically Curtis' nephew but they're being familial that way so any romance would be gross.  

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I'm just waiting for TJ/Trina

That feels icky.  I know there is no blood between them even if she turns out to be Curtis' daughter since he' s not technically Curtis' nephew but they're being familial that way so any romance would be gross.  

Yeah, I don't think that's where the show is headed.   TJ has become like the  "convenient sounding board/friend to all" of the characters.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I’m 1000% sure I don’t. Maybe he’s a better actor than MC, although I didn’t think MC was so bad. And maybe I’m shallow. But AH looks like a thug and I expect him to start foaming at the mouth when he yells. There’s just nothing appealing about him and I don’t think he fits the role. Although dog knows they’ve written Nik horribly for years. So maybe that’s what they want the character to be.

Sit with me, because that's exactly what I've been saying. Even since I saw him last summer? He looks like a minion/goon/thug of Mooby's or any other criminal gang. He lacks the charm, sophistication, and just that "THING" that Tyler, James Patrick Stuart, Mr. Sheffield, and yes, even the recast Stavros have/had.

1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I don't think that's where the show is headed.   TJ has become like the  "convenient sounding board/friend to all" of the characters.

Except Nina.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's probably a testament to how boring the Finn/Elizabeth dynamic is right now that my attention was caught by the fact that Finn (I GUESS that's his office?) and I have the same taste in mysteries: "Q is for Quarry," by Sue Grafton. It was kind of random to see on a doctor's bookcase, obviously -- definitely a "raid the nearest thrift shop" set design moment.

I am wondering whether it will be Finn, or Austin, or both, who end up arriving at Windermere just after the head smash. (Maybe Finn's recent recreational reading will help him with the cover-up!)

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This has been Finn's dynamic with Elizabeth from the start.  When she was being "haunted" by Franco and when Ava got hooked, he started making decisions for her and it pissed her off then.  I don't mind Finn, but I really don't think he and Liz are a good match. 

If TJ ends up with anyone but Molly, I hope it's Willow, if anything useful remains of that character after Michael. I saw a real spark there when they shared scenes. 

37 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

If the Nic storyline is going where it seems to be, I am NOT here for it!  Lazy writing all around and doing this to Ava AGAIN after 'killing' Esme a few short months ago is just... stupid.

I was hoping Nikolas would flee town with his newborn. We don't need a baby in the teen scene, and Nik could use a few years of good and gone. 

• Like 10
15 minutes ago, standbyme said:

I was hoping Nikolas would flee town with his newborn. We don't need a baby in the teen scene, and Nik could use a few years of good and gone. 

Yes!  That's what made the most sense to me too.  Stupid writers.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sit with me, because that's exactly what I've been saying. Even since I saw him last summer? He looks like a minion/goon/thug of Mooby's or any other criminal gang. He lacks the charm, sophistication, and just that "THING" that Tyler, James Patrick Stuart, Mr. Sheffield, and yes, even the recast Stavros have/had.

Except Nina.

I can’t really blame TJ for being pissed at Nina. She jumped to a false conclusion and then started spreading the rumor all over town. I get that she was angry at Willow, and rightfully so, but it’s like she was just looking for trouble and when the opportunity presented itself, she jumped. He didn’t appreciate being cast as a cheater. Sure, it could have all been avoided if Willow had just come clean. But that’s on her, not him. From his standpoint he was just being a good, supportive friend. 

3 hours ago, standbyme said:

If TJ ends up with anyone but Molly, I hope it's Willow, if anything useful remains of that character after Michael. I saw a real spark there when they shared scenes. 

Show will never have the SLS lose to another guy. The only way he would lose a love interest is if she's killed off-either by another person or an inanimate object.

3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I can’t really blame TJ for being pissed at Nina. She jumped to a false conclusion and then started spreading the rumor all over town. I get that she was angry at Willow, and rightfully so, but it’s like she was just looking for trouble and when the opportunity presented itself, she jumped. He didn’t appreciate being cast as a cheater. Sure, it could have all been avoided if Willow had just come clean. But that’s on her, not him. From his standpoint he was just being a good, supportive friend. 

Maybe. But he didn't have to act like an asshole to her when Nina was giving blood to test as a donor match or his pissy ass response as to why he was there. When he really had no business being there.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

I think the only woman who moved on from Michae alivel is Sasha but losing him caused her addiction so that's not a win for her.

54 minutes ago, standbyme said:

This has been Finn's dynamic with Elizabeth from the start.  When she was being "haunted" by Franco and when Ava got hooked, he started making decisions for her and it pissed her off then.  I don't mind Finn, but I really don't think he and Liz are a good match. 

I don't expect that they will end TJ/Molly any time soon because with it they don't have to write for TJ as a real person and having it puts TJ in an equivalent to the 'gay best friend' of the 1930s movies. But if they ever do end it a few years down the line, I agree that TJ is better with Willow than Trina.

You're right about Finn's dynamic with Elizabeth being making decisions for her. I wonder if this is the writers' idea of adding drama to their relationship.

22 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I can’t really blame TJ for being pissed at Nina. She jumped to a false conclusion and then started spreading the rumor all over town.

I remember that she told Sonny, and I think that she confronted TJ but who else did she tell?

• Like 7
49 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Show will never have the SLS lose to another guy. The only way he would lose a love interest is if she's killed off-either by another person or an inanimate object.

Maybe. But he didn't have to act like an asshole to her when Nina was giving blood to test as a donor match or his pissy ass response as to whey he was there. When he really had no business being there.

True enough. But you know, he’s Willow’s friend and Willow hates Nina, so therefore he hates Nina. 🙄

25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

emember that she told Sonny, and I think that she confronted TJ but who else did she tell?

Maybe that was it. But she still went from A to Z without a clue what she was seeing. 

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"I'm just supposed to smile, stay out of the conversation, and say things like "Shit! Wow! That is whack!" 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

I’m sure Valentin/Anna are isolated due to JPS taping his other show but I wish they came up with a better storyline for them. Their plans are so shallow and it’s obvious that they were hoping that people would think they are such an amazing pairing that they could hide that by featuring constant PDA. 

• Like 4

Those anvils about TJ and Molly were falling all over the place. Too bad they’ll never get a front burner storyline. I wish they would just end the dumb Trina paternity storyline. 

Is it just me, or does Liz still seem like she needs to be in a mental institution? She seems like she’s just wandering around in a daze, making irrational decisions. It’s getting disturbing watching the male leads interact with her. Even Drew was creeping me out with her. How on earth can be she be responsible for patients in this state?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Do people have rehearsal dinners that include half the town? I thought that they were only for members of the wedding party.

Brooke Kerr's squealing is working my last nerve.

Why does Marshall trust Drew? He knows that Drew lied to him about a fake job to get information that Marshall did not want to reveal.

"You think that sounds like a defence but that sounds like motive." The show livened up with Austin/Ava. RoHo must have been so bored with Austin/Maxie because he's really sparked up here.

Three sheets to the wind is a sailing reference, not a ghost one.

To be “three sheets to the wind” is to be drunk. The sheet is the line that controls the sails on a ship. If the line is not secured, the sail flops in the wind, and the ship loses headway and control. If all three sails are loose, the ship is out of control.

16 minutes ago, Blackie said:

What's in that for Austin?

Austin saves people. He wants to save Ava now.

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Do people have rehearsal dinners that include half the town?

It wasn't really half the town.  It included the bride's daugher plus father/brother who showed up for the event.  The groom's father and best man, plus nephew/niece in law.  Plus Liz, whos works with the bride and for a minute I thought would be either maid of honour or bridemaid if Trina's the MOH.  Laura showed up because she and Curtis are besties and she needed to tell them she would be officiating since Stella is suddenly MIA.  

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Brooke Kerr's squealing is working my last nerve.

This.  What is that all about?  I get maybe doing it once or twice about the ring, when showing it to another woman, but now it's all the time.  Girl you're not in your twenties or is this your first marriage.  I like Curtis, but he's not exiting enough to squeal over.  

7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Lol are we really supposed to buy that Nikolas was killed by a blow to the head from petite Ava wielding that tiny statue?

I want them to pull a Weekend at Bernie's (80s movie reference for you youngens!) and have Ava or Austin drag him around town, holding him up, raising up his arm to wave a people.  Who do I pay to see that?  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I want them to pull a Weekend at Bernie's (80s movie reference for you youguns!) and have Ava or Austin drag him around town, holding him up, raising up his arm to wave a people.  Who do I pay to see that?  

Honestly this would be amazing

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

LOL at Portia's insta-family. Did we know she had a brother? Living parents? I guess we're not going to see her mom so that Stella doesn't have a rival?

14 hours ago, Suicidy said:

On that note, did anyone else notice precious little Wiley pictured in the title sequence the other week?

I live in fear this will happen again.

It's so nice to see Réal Andrews. Too bad Taggert is stuck with a bitchy Jordan right now. Sheesh, Jordan, have a BLT and enjoy it with the fine man in front of you.

Oh, god, Portia is still fretting about Jordan? STAHP.

A Pip mention! I wonder if this was written after SE died. I hate the idea of them shuffling off Pip to medical school, but I guess the show can still honor her.

It would be awfully soapy if Ava thought Nik was dead and when she went back to that room, he was gone. There's still time for this to happen, but it's unlikely.

(There was a story in the news here recently about a nursing home resident who was pronounced dead, and a few hours later the mortuary workers discovered she was still alive. Yikes! Nursing homes in NYS are appallingly bad.)

The plan to haunt Eileen rather than Victor is surprisingly clever.

Ugh, the Carlys are back tomorrow.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It would be awfully soapy if Ava thought Nik was dead and when she went back to that room, he was gone

That's what I was thinking when she left to let Austin in, especially since she closed the doors.  I fully expected her to open the doors and find him gone and was seriously dispointed that he was still lying there.  So I'm really hopeful that he'll be gone from whatever closet she put him in when she and Austin try to retrieve him, but I'm afraid the writers aren't clever enough for that.  

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

This.  What is that all about?  I get maybe doing it once or twice about the ring, when showing it to another woman, but now it's all the time.  Girl you're not in your twenties or is this your first marriage.  I like Curtis, but he's not exiting enough to squeal over.  

It's def a Brook Kerr-ism. because when she was Whitney Russell anytime she was happy or whatever she would squeal as well. she also does it in interviews (back then). 

while i can see that is annoying. since this is her tick like TA's baby voice it's sort of something that i just accept and move on because we all have ticks like that

• Like 1

No one is mentioning how hot Trina’s grandpa is? 😎

I would trade him for Hat Man in a heartbeat. Portia’s brother isn’t too bad either. I would have them both stay.

I’m also hoping that Nik is gone and not dead. Not sure where Austin/Ava will  lead. I see good partner in crime chemistry but nothing more.

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
29 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's def a Brook Kerr-ism. because when she was Whitney Russell anytime she was happy or whatever she would squeal as well. she also does it in interviews (back then). 

while i can see that is annoying. since this is her tick like TA's baby voice it's sort of something that i just accept and move on because we all have ticks like that

As an aside, I wonder what made Brook Kerr decide to finally ditch her Donna Summer hair. I've never seen her with anything but that poodle perm since 1999.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think the only woman who moved on from Michae alivel is Sasha but losing him caused her addiction so that's not a win for her.

True, but he dumped her. He didn't lose her to someone else. Therein lies the difference, and why she's still alive.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

So Austin is aware that Ava thinks she's killed Nik, but as a doctor doesn't feel the need to examine him or offer any assistance? Doesn't that violate his oath as a doctor? While his character hasn't been well-defined to me, I did think that he was fairly dedicated as a doctor, and this seems off to me.

• Like 4
  • Applause 10

Zeke is some serious eye candy and Dr. Robinson isn't too shabby himself. Very dapper as Molly put it.

I'm mostly bored with the show, though. Is Nikolas really not breathing? Just say he got kicked in the head by a horse. It's Nikolas, no one will be shocked by that.

Victor's unknown, going to nowhere agenda. Can we get a move on, please and thank you.

Yeah, Taggert, that's not what Jordan was talking about when she mentioned Trina. You poor dumb as a box of rocks man. 

Curtis. I will not get in bed with the mob. Also Curtis, taking an envelope of money from Auntie Selena. Also dumb as a box of rocks and a hypocrite to boot. But we already knew that what with him going to her for help with his father's file. Just a passing thought, dodo bird, but if you're going to hold people to high standards, maybe you should do the same for yourself. 

I still don't care about this whole Valentin/Anna business. But the haunting of Eileen is not a bad thing. You said no one would die. Do you know who the Cassadines were? Should've read up about them before throwing in with Uncle Victor. 

Oh happy day! The Carlys are back tomorrow. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

True, but he dumped her. He didn't lose her to someone else. Therein lies the difference, and why she's still alive.

He had also dumped Kiki and she lived a few years more before being killed by a serial killer. I think he dumped her because she knew about Sonny killing AJ and not telling him.

Edited by nilyank
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

"I'm just supposed to smile, stay out of the conversation, and say things like "Shit! Wow! That is whack!" 

Do the GH writers see dialogue like that from Not Another Teen Movie as a tutorial?

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Personally I’m hoping that when Ava goes back to “retrieve” Nikolas, he is gone. Let her wonder where he vanished to and if they want to bring him back in the future, they can have him either on the run or Victor has him in hiding. 

I expected that to happen after she answered the door and I was actually mad to still see him on the floor lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

So we had a doctor (Finn) and a woman (Elizabeth) covering up a death. Now we have a doctor (Austin) and a woman (Ava) covering up a death. If it's just a recycled script, then Nicholas should show up again in a few months. How creative.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2