Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Cam, you are my hero. <3
just love all those truth bombs. 

"Im not keeping your secrets, you killed our friendship, you mean nothing to me, these are all you problems". pew pew pew.. (This is how angry Chase shoulda been w/Willow so i am extra enjoying it) 

• Like 9
  • Applause 12
39 minutes ago, Daisy said:

So What did Lt. Yar do to Liz? (other than not being around)

She used her "psychiatrist" skills to hypnotize Elizabeth to make her forget that she accidentally killed Finn's wife (RETCON!RETCON!RETCON!) when she was 15; that's why she showed up in Port Charles/this show back in '97. And Jeff went along with it. And they thought it was in her best interest to ignore her all these years.

That's what was causing Elizabeth's blackouts. I guess. But after the confrontation, that whole subplot just fizzled. So, what was the point in further massacring the character of Jeff Weber? Because that's how Frank rolls.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Cam, you are my hero. <3
just love all those truth bombs. 

"Im not keeping your secrets, you killed our friendship, you mean nothing to me, these are all you problems". pew pew pew.. (This is how angry Chase shoulda been w/Willow so i am extra enjoying it) 

I think they got Cam’s dialogue perfect. He was able to stand up for himself and rightfully call Joss out on her trash behavior but they skipped the layers of misogyny that we would have gotten if someone like Guza was still involved with the show.

I’m all for characters get called out, it should happen way more frequently, but I was never a fan of seeing women being called names and publicly degraded over and over again the way he wrote it. Especially when there was never any smoke for the men. 

Did Joss threaten Cam with Dex if he told people about them? What was that line about how she’d have to tell Dex if he couldn’t be her friend and keep her secret. Funny how someone so anti-mob never has an issue with threatening to sic mobsters on people who don’t fall in line with what she wants.

She was queen manipulation today. First with the tears/victim act and then turned to threats as soon as she saw it wasn’t working. Well at least they wrote Cam smarter than Chase and had him see through her. it still galls me that Chase plays best friend to 2 people who don’t give a damn about him. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 7
  • Love 5

Dex is such a weenie. The actor plays him like such a brown-nosing weenie when he’s around Sonny and Michael, but such a fake tough guy around everyone else. Can he get hooked already? And take Joss with him? 

As much as I was not a Jason fan, he was consistent. Dex isn’t fit to shine Jason’s fender or pick up his dry cleaning (tm Spencer.)

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

"What's going on with Lizzie? What kind of trouble is my daughter in?" Well, for one, Carolyn, you've been mind-fucking her for 25 years, so her judgment skills are on the weaker side.

Ugh, Nik sucks so much.

I like that Cam was given a spine after the breakup. Joss deserved every single thing he said to her. If Joss is so concerned about what Sonny might do if he found out she and Dex were fucking, she should have the guts to tell Sonny what's going on. Ugh, another awful character.

I love Laura and Elizabeth's relationship. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I think most of the heavily used characters are pretty gray but the younger set have been shown going to them. An effect of the mob being the heroes of the show

Literally every young person on this show in the last 10+ years has had to have the obligatory scenes with Sonny (usually called "Uncle Sonny" or "Mr. Corinthos") where Maurice struggles to recall his lines, mumbles out some vague platitudes, occasionally gets the whispery voice of tears and then retreats to Sonny's Chair of Sedentary Life. I can set my watch to them now. Every character has to do this stuff now, even if they barely know Sonny or should really be talking to someone else. Sonny is Bert Bauer on Guiding Light! Sonny is Grandma Alice!

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"What's going on with Lizzie?

I thought it was hilarious that Nik got all bent out of shape because of that name.  "No one, and I mean NO ONE, calls her LIzzie".  Ok there Nik.  Out of all of Caroline's sins, that's the hill you're going to die on?!!

Also, Nik's whole, I was there for every major event in Liz's life, where were you".  Uhm, you weren't there during the three years that you were playing dead and messing with your kid's head.  

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think they got Cam’s dialogue perfect. He was able to stand up for himself and rightfully call Joss out on her trash behavior but they skipped the layers of misogyny that we would have gotten if someone like Guza was still involved with the show.

I’m all for characters get called out, it should happen way more frequently, but I was never a fan of seeing women being called names and publicly degraded over and over again the way he wrote it. Especially when there was never any smoke for the men. 

So much agreement. The Gooze really seemed to get off on that stuff. At times I wondered if he were reverse-engineering storylines just so he could write those scenes. Like, that was the big payoff that everything was set up to lead to: a woman being called a whore, a bitch, a slut, etc. Sometimes it even came from characters from whom it was jarringly off-key, like Jax's notorious graphic comment to Courtney about spreading her legs. (I hated Courtney, but it wasn't about that.) 

• Like 7

I was worried that Cam would fold like a cheap tent in front of Joss and her racoon eyes, so I'm extra glad that the writers allowed him a spine today. Nothing he said was a lie and he did not fall for Joss's manipulation which was extra today. And she did totally threaten him with Dex.

Speaking of Dex. What a weasel. And he looks like one too. Hightailing it to Sonny to tell him about the Hook, using Nina finding out about Willow as an excuse. Nina found out the next day, Weasel.

There are no words for what Nikolas is doing. So on the one hand, he is getting that sort of ruthless Cassadine streak. On the other hand, the writing reminds me of what they were doing with Julian before WD was written off the show. At this point, I'm assuming that Nikolas's exit will be of the more permanent variety.

I'm okay with him reading Caroline for filth and having her stop calling Elizabeth Lizzie. Maybe he can tell Terri to not call her Biz. Just a suggestion.

I could care less about Anna and Valentin's European adventure. But I wonder if that storyline will intersect with Sam and Dante when they head to England. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
25 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Literally every young person on this show in the last 10+ years has had to have the obligatory scenes with Sonny (usually called "Uncle Sonny" or "Mr. Corinthos") where Maurice struggles to recall his lines, mumbles out some vague platitudes, occasionally gets the whispery voice of tears and then retreats to Sonny's Chair of Sedentary Life. I can set my watch to them now. Every character has to do this stuff now, even if they barely know Sonny or should really be talking to someone else. Sonny is Bert Bauer on Guiding Light! Sonny is Grandma Alice!

What is with the whispering when Sonny is making a dramatic point?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, DanaK said:

What is with the whispering when Sonny is making a dramatic point?

Maurice's skills are atrophied at this point tbqh and his tricks are limited. I can predict when he will do the voice and then get shaky and quavery.

8 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Sometimes it even came from characters from whom it was jarringly off-key, like Jax's notorious graphic comment to Courtney about spreading her legs. (I hated Courtney, but it wasn't about that.) 

There was also the time they told us in some casual, offhand way - I don't recall if it was in the script of an episode or just made it into interviews - that Jax, a character they no longer had much use for in story, was frequenting hookers after Brenda left town in '02.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Did Joss threaten Cam with Dex if he told people about them? What was that line about how she’d have to tell Dex if he couldn’t be her friend and keep her secret. Funny how someone so anti-mob never has an issue with threatening to sic mobsters on people who don’t fall in line with what she wants.

She was queen manipulation today. First with the tears/victim act and then turned to threats as soon as she saw it wasn’t working. Well at least they wrote Cam smarter than Chase and had him see through her. it still galls me that Chase plays best friend to 2 people who don’t give a damn about him. 

I love your post and agree with every word.  I'm especially happy the didn't have Cam sink to the W word.  Which I ALWAYS hated on GH. 

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What's going on with Lizzie? What kind of trouble is my daughter in?" Well, for one, Carolyn, you've been mind-fucking her for 25 years, so her judgment skills are on the weaker side.

I feel no sympathy for Carolyn whatsoever. She’s so unlikeable, calling her daughter “Lizzie” as if she hasn’t been absent from Elizabeth’s life for the past twenty plus years. I’m glad Liz said that if she had done anything unforgivable, she wouldn’t tell Carolyn. And yeah, Liz has fucked up massively, but I don’t think any of those fuck ups have involved abandoning her children so sorry Caro, it’s not the same. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

could care less about Anna and Valentin's European adventure. But I wonder if that storyline will intersect with Sam and Dante when they head to England.

Same. It’s too far removed from anything else going on right now. It’s jarring every time they cut to it, it takes me a second to remember why they’re even there. 

I’m glad Cam was able to stand up for himself without being degrading.  

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I thought it was hilarious that Nik got all bent out of shape because of that name.  "No one, and I mean NO ONE, calls her LIzzie". 

I liked that. Carolyn is trying to show she and Elizabeth are on such close terms that there's a nickname, and Nik totally shuts it down.

"I'm a better friend than you are a parent." Not a high bar to clear there, Nik.

LOL that Joss thinks it's some great blow to Cam if she has to go tell Sonny about her and Dex. Ugh, she's an emotional terrorist.

The cataphile lady is awful. Terrible character, terrible actor. Let her be crushed to death under a bunch of skulls.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
Just now, mostlylurking said:

In looks alone the cataphile lady (is that really a thing??) kind of reminds me of an overly plumped up Tamara Braun.

yup. apparently illegal go, according to wiki

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

it takes me a second to remember why they’re even there. 

To rescue Lucy!!!  Though it seemed a little too easy.  'Lets follow this path to the end, so that we can find Lucy.  Oh there she is, right at the end of the hallway.  I mean , not even hiden in a room or in the actual compound.  Nope, right there.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Dex is such a weenie. The actor plays him like such a brown-nosing weenie when he’s around Sonny and Michael, but such a fake tough guy around everyone else. Can he get hooked already? And take Joss with him? 

Lol that’s what I said yesterday. He comes off like such a wimp around Michael and Sonny yet we’re supposed to believe he’s some bad boy. Theres absolutely no way I believe that Sonny sees him as a mob enforcer. He’s incredibly miscast 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

yes it was the exact dialogue I was hoping for and I can't believe I got something I wanted out of this show LOL!!  #freedCam

• Like 1
  • Applause 13
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"I'm a better friend than you are a parent." Not a high bar to clear there, Nik.

I'm not sure that is even true. Nik got Elizabeth involved in the whole Esme mess - violating her nursing ethics by cooperating with the involuntary detainment of a woman, pretending that she was going to do a medical procedure without any anesthesia, pretending that she (Elizabeth) was pregnant (followed by a fictitious miscarriage), smuggling medications out of the hospital, and so on. Now, supposedly to "protect" Elizabeth (from the consequences of all the stuff that Nik roped her into!) he wants her mother to ensure that Esme never gets her memory back. I don't know if you can even do that, but if you can, it would be a HUGE human rights violation, probably criminal.  So, no, Nik, I think you are NOT a "better friend" than Carolyn is a parent. By now, I'm not sure you are even a better "person" than she is, and admittedly, that bar is also not very high.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3

Cameron dropped ALL the truth bombs today. The boy is my hero! 🥰🥰🥰🥰. And then Joss goes and threatens him with Dex. Stay classy Joss. As if Sonny would ever let Dex hurt Cam. I’m glad Sonny is suspicious but rather than run another check on Dex, how about he just has Dex followed? It wouldn’t take more than an hour to see him going into Joss’ dorm. Well maybe a few hours if they want to watch him leave too. Or a couple of days to catch the rendezvous. But really, what’s Sonny going to do? Joss is free to screw around with whomever she wants. And if it gets her killed in the process, so much the better. Just sit back and watch. Carly can’t say anything because she’s encouraging Joss to be with baby Jason. I do hope Can at least tells Spencer. And I’ve officially given this more thought than the writers…🤷‍♀️

Nik guilting Carolyn into helping with Esme is rich. If he’s so worries about Elizabeth, maybe he shouldn’t have involved her in the first place. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Lol that’s what I said yesterday. He comes off like such a wimp around Michael and Sonny yet we’re supposed to believe he’s some bad boy. Theres absolutely no way I believe that Sonny sees him as a mob enforcer. He’s incredibly miscast 

Sorry! Great minds think alike!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

to be fair i ignored all of that
I was only paying attenting to the #CamISFree!! Scenes

Fair because it wasn’t the interesting but I was wondering why they wasted so much screen time with Sam talking about how happy she was and how easy her relationship with Dante has been 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
20 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Did anyone else get Lulu anvils with that Sam/Maxie convo?

Mo interviewed Alicia Willis on his YouTube channel and I saw a comment left on the episode that GH should bring her back as Lulu 💀

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

honestly to me, Joss's tears were that she wasn't getting her way not that she was legitimately sad that she hurt her oldest dearest friend. 

Oh, absolutely. She got so indignant whenever Cam pushed back.

16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I was wondering why they wasted so much screen time with Sam talking about how happy she was and how easy her relationship with Dante has been 

Because they don't know what else to do with those two. Talk about a nothing relationship.

• Like 10

Joss needs someone to put her ass in check. She absolutely threatened Cam's life. Cam's awesome scenes won't be enough because he's "the ex." Or the hook can just try again, 3rd times a charm.

• Like 12
Just now, Gigi43 said:

Joss needs someone to put her ass in check. She absolutely threatened Cam's life. Cam's awesome scenes won't be enough because he's "the ex." Or the hook can just try again, 3rd times a charm.

not the first time she threatened someone's life w/Mob-violence either. for someone who is "so against it" notice how that's her go to? Tell me you are Carly's daughter without saying you are Carly's daughter. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

honestly to me, Joss's tears were that she wasn't getting her way not that she was legitimately sad that she hurt her oldest dearest friend. 

The tears were Manipulation 101.  So obvious since the second that tactic didn't work she switched to threatening him.  Cam is right: he owes her NOTHING.  Everything he said to her today she deserved, so boo-fucking-hoo with her phone call to Dex telling him how bad she felt.  I hope Cam tells Spencer and he blasts it all over town and when Joss confronts him about it he laughs in her face. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The tears were Manipulation 101.  So obvious since the second that tactic didn't work she switched to threatening him.  Cam is right: he owes her NOTHING.  Everything he said to her today she deserved, so boo-fucking-hoo with her phone call to Dex telling him how bad she felt.  I hope Cam tells Spencer and he blasts it all over town and when Joss confronts him about it he laughs in her face. 

I would love to see Joss try and threaten Spencer. His reaction would be priceless. 

I wish this campus had their own gossip girl so Joss could be put on blast. But I’m happy Cam said all the things and did it without stooping to her level. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6

You know, this Sonny/Dex storyline would make actual sense if Dex was involved with Kristina, Sonny's actual daughter and not Joss, the spawn of Satan. But, that would mean giving Kristina an actual story and not putting Joss in the front...

I am so hear for Petty Cam and Spencer as a duo. I know Cam wont tell Sonny, but he better run hos damn mouth to Spencer.

Edited by Cheetara1986
  • Like 10

Joss & Dex haven't exactly been keeping it secret either. If they keep hooking up at her dorm, it's gonna come out. But no one, other than her parents, have ever said Joss was particularly smart. 

When it does come out, Joss is going to blame Cam and then Callie from down the hall will be like, "So, who's that man you keep screwing in your room? You're so lucky Trina is never around. My roommate bitches when I play the music too loud. I can't imagine what she's say if I has sex in our room."

Edited by Mirabelle
  • LOL 10
8 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

You know, this Sonny/Dex storyline would make actual sense if Dex was involved with Kristina, Sonny's actual daughter and not Joss, the spawn of Satan. But, that would mean giving Kristina an actual story and not putting Joss in the front...

Same here. Also would make Dex betraying Sonny and working to bring him down more impactful. Joss hates Sonny, why would she care once she finds out the truth? 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jqdeco said:

Joss, if you really want to protect Dex from Sonny, stop sleeping with him. 
Don’t expect your ex-boyfriend to keep your secrets 

I know! It's so obvious. But nothing can defeat the penis! /Xander BtVS

• LOL 4
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Wonder if Joss telling Cam about the hooking to try to deflect is going to come back to bite her in the ass. Why would he keep that secret from Spencer and Trina?

If nothing else, the Hook making a concerted effort to come after Joss again lends credence to the theory, as far as they know, that she's targeting Trina's circle, something Trina, Cam, and Spencer - and the police - should all be made aware of for their own safety, but, yeah, protecting Dex is more important. That's something Trina, Cam, and Spencer should really know. It's easy to be a good friend when times are great, Joss, but proof's in the pudding when they're not and you've failed.

Girl really is a selfish, self-centered piece of work.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
21 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

In looks alone the cataphile lady (is that really a thing??) kind of reminds me of an overly plumped up Tamara Braun.

THANK YOU!!!  I was trying to deicide who she looked like!

• Like 1