Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m blanking or maybe it’s my own bias/love for Jonathan Jackson, but was Lucky the last nice guy to win and root for in a relationship? I mean we got Lucky and Elizabeth-a wonderfully sweet and poignant love story, that went through its rough patches, but still a couple to root for. Even with Fake!Lucky(for me) their love was strong through the Monkey virus until Guzasshole or whoever thought to make them living on the edge of poverty, and where Lucky no longer had health benefits (BULLSHIT), and turn him into some Neanderthal, and drug addled cheating asshole. Just to revisit Jaysus and Elizabeth that didn’t happen during Yeller McYellerson’s tenure.

Yes, the hypocrite in me loved what was happening after that ridiculous recast of Lucky with a mullet.

Before Guza realized SC's Dillion Q was popular, he was pretty nice. There was an air of realism to him pursuing and getting together with Georgie. It was a really lovely. The One Good Writer made two characters that could have seen as boring be very compelling without it driving into absurd like everything else in the show at the time. It also helped that both Scott Clifton and Lindze Letherman were attractive in a very real way.  

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Cam should go to Stanford. I hated that Cam gave up his dream school of Stanford where he was offered a free ride only so he could attend PCU and be the assistant manager at Kellys.

Considering WL taking a step back, sending Cam to Stanford would been a good solution. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:
On 12/7/2022 at 3:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up that Cyrus has a Bible verse for every occasion.

It makes sense, though. The way JK plays Cyrus, it's clear that the character spends a lot of his available time reading, explaining him having at least one Scripture in his holster at all times.

Oh, totally, it's just very amusing to me that Cyrus always has an apt verse at the ready. I'm still not sure his "conversion" is genuine, but he sure is working it effectively, at least with his visitors.

• Love 2

The reason for Cameron giving up Stanford was that Franco died and he felt that Liz needed him to help with Jake and Aiden.

Liz is one of the strongest female characters on GH, and she does all right without a man around. I don't want to see Finn take over the being the dominant decision maker because he's got a bad tendency to dominate Liz and do what he feels is right rather than what Liz wants.

Maybe Cameron could take a job at PCPD now that Chase has been blocked.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

You mean you don't want to watch an entire episode of Drewfus and Carly opening gifts, both at the Q mansion and her house?

Interspersed with twenty flashbacks of Carly sabotaging Drew's lead on Willow's mother, her looking angsty, and Dr. Phil not noticing.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Interspersed with twenty flashbacks of Carly sabotaging Drew's lead on Willow's mother, her looking angsty, and Dr. Phil not noticing.

Wait.....aren't Carly and Drew supposed to be Tragically Separated(TM) right now? How can they unwrap gifts together if they're not even supposed to be in the same room?

• LOL 1
56 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Wait.....aren't Carly and Drew supposed to be Tragically Separated(TM) right now? How can they unwrap gifts together if they're not even supposed to be in the same room?

They don’t even pretend with them lol. They’re telling people they’re together and that it’s a “secret” but are still publicly and privately around each other constantly. I expect more cringe moments like Thanksgiving where they make goggly eyes at each other and lament that they can’t make out in front of their family because of evil Ned. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
On 12/10/2022 at 5:00 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m blanking or maybe it’s my own bias/love for Jonathan Jackson, but was Lucky the last nice guy to win and root for in a relationship? I mean we got Lucky and Elizabeth-a wonderfully sweet and poignant love story, that went through its rough patches, but still a couple to root for. Even with Fake!Lucky(for me) their love was strong through the Monkey virus until Guzasshole or whoever thought to make them living on the edge of poverty, and where Lucky no longer had health benefits (BULLSHIT), and turn him into some Neanderthal, and drug addled cheating asshole. Just to revisit Jaysus and Elizabeth that didn’t happen during Yeller McYellerson’s tenure.

Yes, the hypocrite in me loved what was happening after that ridiculous recast of Lucky with a mullet.

The last time JJ’s Lucky was remotely rootable IMO was at least a solid year before the fire that supposedly killed him. I will never forget or forgive the filthy things he said to his mother during Rape Revisted (and fuck you to Geary and Guza for that too).

And then he came back to grow a set of eyes and give basically the same reading for filth after months of Greg Vaughan’s Lucky being written as a clueless chump.

I’ve loathed JJ’s version of Lucky since 1998. I could stomach Shouty McYellerson over OG Lucky grown up, that’s how much I despised the character as played by JJ.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 12/9/2022 at 8:28 AM, dubbel zout said:

Same, but they're making him way too trusting of Victor.

I don’t think he really trusts Victor very much.  But right now, Victor is getting him out of prison.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The reason for Cameron giving up Stanford was that Franco died and he felt that Liz needed him to help with Jake and Aiden.

Liz is one of the strongest female characters on GH, and she does all right without a man around. I don't want to see Finn take over the being the dominant decision maker because he's got a bad tendency to dominate Liz and do what he feels is right rather than what Liz wants.

Maybe Cameron could take a job at PCPD now that Chase has been blocked.

They could make him Valerie Spencer’s new rookie partner.

On 12/9/2022 at 12:14 PM, statsgirl said:

Rory is too good to be true. Way too good. But I can't believe that he's important enough for Mac to call him in to work on his time off.

True, but remember, PC exists in a very timely pocket universe that is sparsely populated.  So they only have about a dozen people, counting clerical staff, at the PCPD.  Plus their universe has asinine laws and procedures that make little sense.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

I don’t think he really trusts Victor very much.  But right now, Victor is getting him out of prison.

Wasn't Spencer only sentenced for an additional 2-3 months which had already completed by now?

34 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Wasn't Spencer only sentenced for an additional 2-3 months which had already completed by now?

Time moves glacially slow in PC. Look at Willow’s 6 month long first trimester. His sentence was 3 months but they also said Victor pulled some strings to get him released early. I think they just want him beholden to Victor 

• Like 2
On 12/8/2022 at 6:48 PM, perkie1968 said:

Ace, as well as being Spencer's sibling and Aiden's cousin, would also be Rocco and Charlotte (via Lulu and Valentin)'s cousins.  Alexis' great neice/nephew, Molly, Kristina and Sam's 2nd cousin (??) and somehow related to Danny and Scout.  Laura's grandchild.  Cyrus and Martin's great nephew/neice.   did I miss anyone?  

I did a string diagram to connect the relationships on this show, and this was the result:

C3D6135B-0CB1-4D95-9F61-DBCD1A8D6A7F.jpeg.3a9ddcf46950a490368884abe73c6692.jpeg

PC families make my head hurt.

I really enjoyed the scenes with Ryan and Heather. Her cocoa-puffs wackiness plus his slow-burn madness bring just the right balance of crazy. Those nutty kids were made for each other.

On 12/9/2022 at 2:19 PM, dubbel zout said:

I'm still not sold on Tabyana Ali in general.

I really liked her when she started. She had some very big shoes to fill, and she stepped into them with confidence. But she’s slowly been trending backwards, and I’m not sure it’s her fault. The writing for Trina has been terrible, and she’s currently stuck with a terrible, life-draining scene partner. (I mean this both figuratively and literally. Rory’s the Happy Hooker, no doubt in my mind.)

Still, I haven’t seen a lot of chemistry between this Trina and Spencer, and we all know that’s where she’s headed next. So I don’t know. (My prediction: Rory goes after Spencer to get him out of the way, but Trina saves Spencer’s life and nurses him back to health. Because you can never do that story enough times.)

• Love 10
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I really liked her when she started. She had some very big shoes to fill, and she stepped into them with confidence. But she’s slowly been trending backwards, and I’m not sure it’s her fault. The writing for Trina has been terrible, and she’s currently stuck with a terrible, life-draining scene partner. (I mean this both figuratively and literally. Rory’s the Happy Hooker, no doubt in my mind.)

Still, I haven’t seen a lot of chemistry between this Trina and Spencer, and we all know that’s where she’s headed next. So I don’t know. (My prediction: Rory goes after Spencer to get him out of the way, but Trina saves Spencer’s life and nurses him back to health. Because you can never do that story enough times.)

I really want to like her, and I do think she has potential. But I agree, Trina has been getting on my nerves lately and part of it is her acting. I don’t think we’ve gotten enough scenes of her and NC together for me to truly judge their chemistry but I’m still hoping that comes through. The characters met and started flirted a year and a half ago and still haven’t had a first kiss so they need to get that moving. 

As much as I hate seeing Cam cast aside for Joss’s new bad boy love story, I don’t want to see Cam or WL go. 

• Like 5

Interesting juxtaposition of Carly/Willow and Ava/Trina. One of these women wants the best for the young woman she's talking to, and it ain't Carly. Look at how fast nosy Carly got out of there when Drew showed up to tell Willow what he found out. Plausible deniability.

Why is this EMT/firefighter lying for Carly? Is she too stupid to wonder what Carly has invested in this lie?

NAC is so good as Spencer, so energetic, that it makes the actress playing Trina look worse.  MW did a lot of heavy lifting in their scenes today. I thought that this Trina was best opposite Curtis because being angry made her more energetic and watchable.

LOL at "Deputy Do-Gooder".  Although I prefer Deputy Sleeping Solution.

Spencer, don't knock sherry. It raises mushroom soup to a new level.

Finn's "lab" looks like every office in the hospital, just with a bunch of flasks on the desk. Decorated by someone who once saw a chemistry lab rather than a medical one.

Why is Elizabeth being so stupid?

Pissiness and revenge is not a good look on Finn.

How does Nik plan to explain the sudden appearance of a new child of his?

JL/Ryan standing up and saying "People tend to underestimate me." was gold. The most interesting thing on the show is Ryan/Heather. Consider me shocked.

17 hours ago, Suicidy said:

They could make him Valerie Spencer’s new rookie partner.

I would like that. The incompetent PCPD is the only place for good guys.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Stupidity, thy name is Elizabeth. Good glory, woman. Does she have any idea the amount of hurt she's going to cause with this lie, on top of what she's already done to Finn, and for what? To protect her good buddy Nic and his asinine secret? Seems reasonable to me. Not.

Yeah, I wash my hands of Elizabeth after this one.

When EMT woman kept raving over flying first class and staying at the Metro Court? Yep, Carly hit that first, Drew, with cold hard cash, methinks.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
On 12/11/2022 at 2:19 PM, dubbel zout said:

You mean you don't want to watch an entire episode of Drewfus and Carly opening gifts, both at the Q mansion and her house?

Ooooh, that sounds like so much fun. Can we add all of Carly's children going over to Nina's house on Christmas day to yell at her for being evil and stealing Sonny from their mother.  And, either Wylie playing with 8900 toys while Carly/DREw/Michael/Willow  marvel with bated breath, or cancer ridden Willow runnign around the room, picking up the 8876 toys while proclaiming wylie the bestest best there ever bested.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Stupidity, thy name is Elizabeth.

It is beyond dumb:

Finn:  Hey Liz, why do you have a bottle of prenatal vitamins

Liz:  They're for a patient, I was bringing to her since I'm a nurse

Finn  Weird because I saw a bottle at Windemere

Liz  Nik said Demetrius got someone pregnant

or

Liz:  Nik said the housekeeper/cook/chef/candlestick maker is pregnant

or

Liz:  Boh, no idea what that's about.

Problem solved.  But what would the fun be in that.  

53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is this EMT/firefighter lying for Carly?

Money?  

53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The most interesting thing on the show is Ryan/Heather.

Two truly talented actors working it.  I wasn't sure about Alley at first because she was chewing the scenery like noboby's business.  But she had great scenes at Kelly's with William/Cam and Dom/Dante and she's been killing it (no pun intended!) with Jon/Ryan.    Yes, she's been more wacky and oversexed than we've ever seen Heather before but I also think that's just a front she puts out there.  Today she was lucid and it was great to watch the two of them play so well together.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Ryan and Heather are kind of delightful.

Carly is the biggest bitch this side of the universe. Man, what a stone cold cow. She'd rather hurt someone she claims to care about than let them have the truth. She is lying through her teeth because she wants to punish Nina. How is this supposed to be rootable again? It's such an unbelievable wonder that she has not been able struck by lighting or sucked into the seventh circle of hell.

Of course she probably paid off that Denise woman to lie. And there you have gullible, dumb dumb Drew. Stupider than the stupidest stupid out there, just playing right into Carly's hands. I miss original Drew who had no time for any of Carly's nonsense. 

• Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I miss original Drew who had no time for any of Carly's nonsense. 

x 1000. That was a character worth watching.

Carly is such a terrible person. How do the writers think we we are going to root for such a nasty person as the leading lady of the show?

15 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Money?  

Probably. She was so thrilled to be having a cheap cocktail.

But in my life, I've found that most people want to do the right thing and generally be helpful, especially someone who was an EMT and then a firefighter, both occupations where she puts herself and in the latter job risks her life to save people. The idea that she knows that Kali/Willow is looking to find her family but she is willing to lie and block it for this complete stranger just doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly is the biggest bitch this side of the universe. Man, what a stone cold cow. She'd rather hurt someone she claims to care about than let them have the truth. She is lying through her teeth because she wants to punish Nina.

And because she doesn't want to share Wiley and the new golden child.  Baby hoarder til the end of time.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

How does Nik plan to explain the sudden appearance of a new child of his?

Elizabeth is going to say it is hers, I am assuming. She has totally lost her mind. .... and I know this story won't make any sense timing of pregnancy/ when baby is due etc but making sense never stopped these writers before

2 hours ago, racked said:

I really want to like her, and I do think she has potential. But I agree, Trina has been getting on my nerves lately and part of it is her acting.

She seemed like she had potential, bu it hasn't really panned out.

ETA: Ryan/ Heather were good together but the storyline is ridiculous

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And because she doesn't want to share Wiley and the new golden child.  Baby hoarder til the end of time.

Can't expect anything less from a bottomless pit of vileness. Is it too much to hope that this whole thing is about to blow up in her face spectacularly. Because I'm here for that, but I'm not here for the Carly was misguided narrative and getting revenge on Nina because she was hurt over Sonny. She's about to make someone believe that their mother didn't just die, but that she was a drug addict and died of an overdose. Who in the fuck does that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

She is lying through her teeth because she wants to punish Nina. How is this supposed to be rootable again?

I don't understand this either. They're not even writing Carly as conflicted. It doesn't matter she doesn't know Willow has leukemia yet; the fact that Willow so badly wants to know who her birth parents are should be enough.

LOL that to show how rundown Willow is she's not wearing makeup.

The Elizabeth stuff is terrible writing. Just awful. Of course the show can't come up with anything other than having her lie about being pregnant. It's too stupid to be soapy.

And speaking of too stupid, hi, Drewfus! You're an idiot of the highest degree. 

Spencer, you're an idiot, too. If you think Trina looked happy with Rory, you don't know her at all. Also, your mega pity party is boring.

• Applause 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that to show how rundown Willow is she's not wearing makeup.

And don’t forget the straggling hair hanging down the sides of her face.🙄😒

I know I sound like a broken record, but it’s so GODDAMNED offensive. One of the first things I attended-at the hospital-before starting chemo, was a session of “Look Good, Feel Better” which had someone come in with lots of scarves, wigs, and a make-up artist to show us we didn’t have to look like death warmed over during chemo.

So that light pink make-up under Willow’s eyes to “show” she’s ill and not wearing her normal make-up just makes me😒😒😒😒

Good GOD, Elizabeth! What’s wrong with her? That Finn couldn’t see that she was obviously lying speaks volumes about his stupidity. But that’s nothing compared to what Elizabeth is doing.

Please SPARE me with the loony and serial killer psycho promising each other VENGEANCE against anyone who hurts their just as psycho spawn.😒😒😒😒

And agree. That SHEBEAST is the WORST.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 12/10/2022 at 5:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

Current example: Cameron. I know some of this is due to William Lipton being recurring, but I'm pretty sure Cam would have been sacrificed for Joss and Dex (zzzzz) regardless. 

Not a dig at WL/Cam but he tends to come off as a little stiff in the scenes where he & Joss are kissing. She seems to put more into the physicality than he does. Character wise... if that was my boyfriend at 19/20, I'd be going for the older bad boy too, whose kiss shook me to my core and who actually uses his hands. That said, Joss needs to break up with Cam. It'd be nice if GH didn't go the cliche route and he finds out (via Nina possibly) that she's "cheating" UGH!

I'm also not seeing the chemistry between Spencer and Trina. But I know they have a huge fanbase, which I respect that. It's great that people are loving them, I just can't see it. I keep thinking lack of screen time together would only make their limited interactions more intense and the longing palpable.  

• Applause 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

They're not even writing Carly as conflicted. It doesn't matter she doesn't know Willow has leukemia yet; the fact that Willow so badly wants to know who her birth parents are should be enough.

And sitting there and empathizing with Willow about "the children we lose" as if she wasn't actively making sure Nina never knows her child.  Also taking compliments on how great she is.  Do fuck off, you asshole.  I know there won't be long-term consequences, but I do hope the show lets Michael realize the parent he thought was the "good one" is just as bad, eh, probably worse, than his mean old dad.

In other news, Drew doubling down on his dumbness.  But do tell me again, show, what a stellar guy he is. 

The Ryan/Heather scenes were great.  Given the great security they're both under it's only a matter of time til they escape and really do some damage.

The juxtaposition of Ava telling Trina she should follow her heart and to do what she wants vs. Carly deciding that what Willow wants doesn't matter, it only matters what SHE wants?  Hey, writers, not doing a great job portraying your matriarch in a good light. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Stupidity, thy name is Elizabeth. Good glory, woman. Does she have any idea the amount of hurt she's going to cause with this lie, on top of what she's already done to Finn, and for what? To protect her good buddy Nic and his asinine secret? Seems reasonable to me. Not.

Yeah, I wash my hands of Elizabeth after this one.

Elizabeth has done some awful things in her day, and many stupid things too. But usually they made sense emotionally. This one not so much. Unless she wants to blow up her whole life? She actively wants to risk jail time and hurting a lot of people? I could buy that if she didn’t have young sons she was an active parent to. I kind of like the story, I just wish it made more sense. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Semiglued said:

Elizabeth has done some awful things in her day, and many stupid things too. But usually they made sense emotionally. This one not so much.

Agreed.  This makes no sense.  Is she planning on borrowing BLQ's old fake belly.  I can't with this idiocy. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Semiglued said:

Elizabeth has done some awful things in her day, and many stupid things too.

Didn't she steal drugs at GH?  I don't remember why but she was on probation for a while.   I can't find it on GH Wiki.   

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand this either. They're not even writing Carly as conflicted. It doesn't matter she doesn't know Willow has leukemia yet; the fact that Willow so badly wants to know who her birth parents are should be enough.

I remember an article a few weeks ago where LW basically said that even though Carly knows who Willow's biological family is, she's really not at fault for not telling Willow anything because Willow doesn't want to know who her mother is. I get defending the character she plays, but how about now, though? Willow changed her mind and Carly is actively working against her.

8 hours ago, Semiglued said:

Elizabeth has done some awful things in her day, and many stupid things too. But usually they made sense emotionally. This one not so much. Unless she wants to blow up her whole life? She actively wants to risk jail time and hurting a lot of people? I could buy that if she didn’t have young sons she was an active parent to. I kind of like the story, I just wish it made more sense. 

Elizabeth's actions don't make a ton of sense, but the plot point is all about putting her in Ryan and Heather's crosshairs. Elizabeth is helping Nikolas keep pregnant Esme a captive, and her psycho parents have just sworn vengeance on anyone who harms her. 

That's not even mentioning Heather's rant about Spencer to Cameron when she was at Kelly's, her just finding out that Ava sent her over the parapet. Ryan and Heather will eventually escape and go looking for their kid. If Finn narrowed down where Esme is to Wyndemere, you know they will too. 

38 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I missed two episodes last week, and I wondered about the spoiler for 12/5-12/9 that read "Nina gives Josslyn an attitude adjustment." Is it a tell-off worth seeking out? 

lol. No. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I remember an article a few weeks ago where LW basically said that even though Carly knows who Willow's biological family is, she's really not at fault for not telling Willow anything because Willow doesn't want to know who her mother is. I get defending the character she plays, but how about now, though? Willow changed her mind and Carly is actively working against her.

Here's what I would have done in the first place, if I were Carly, or more accurately if it had been me in the room with Harmony.  I would have put the information in an envelope, told Willow that Harmony told me who her birth mother was on the death bed and if she wants to know she can, if she doesn't she doesn't have to.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Here's what I would have done in the first place, if I were Carly, or more accurately if it had been me in the room with Harmony.  I would have put the information in an envelope, told Willow that Harmony told me who her birth mother was on the death bed and if she wants to know she can, if she doesn't she doesn't have to.  

Or Carly could tell Willow who her mother is now that the woman wants to know instead of, I don't know, lying and scheming to bury the truth.

• Applause 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I would have put the information in an envelope, told Willow that Harmony told me who her birth mother was on the death bed and if she wants to know she can, if she doesn't she doesn't have to.  

But you're not CarlyBrave&Strong.

It is mindblowing that Willow is sitting there eager to know who her parents are and Carky has smugly decided that she knows better. The show will justify it as Carly protecting Willow from Nina but I'm tired of the gaslighting .

It's ironic that Esme has the really toxic parents but Carly, the show's heroine, is acting like Nina is the poisonous one.

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I missed two episodes last week, and I wondered about the spoiler for 12/5-12/9 that read "Nina gives Josslyn an attitude adjustment." Is it a tell-off worth seeking out? 

Something that Nina said when talking about her feelings for Sonny (she was wrong to lie but not wrong in her feelings) made Joss realize that she was cheating on Cameron with her feelings and kisses for Dex.

But being Carly's daughter, she neither said nor did anything.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Spencer, you're an idiot, too. If you think Trina looked happy with Rory, you don't know her at all. Also, your mega pity party is boring.

Cassidines supposedly never give up, but Spencer assumes Trina is into Rory with no evidence at all.  They've overplayed the Spencer-likes-Trina-but-won't- tell-her for too long.  

12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good GOD, Elizabeth! What’s wrong with her? That Finn couldn’t see that she was obviously lying speaks volumes about his stupidity. But that’s nothing compared to what Elizabeth is doing.

I thought they were going for a baby switch, which happens when two characters are pregnant at once.  Putting Liz in there - I suppose Liz and Nik will then claim to be the parents of Esme's baby.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Cassidines supposedly never give up, but Spencer assumes Trina is into Rory with no evidence at all.  They've overplayed the Spencer-likes-Trina-but-won't- tell-her for too long.  

I thought they were going for a baby switch, which happens when two characters are pregnant at once.  Putting Liz in there - I suppose Liz and Nik will then claim to be the parents of Esme's baby.  

And what are people going to say if Elizabeth tries to pass this spawn off as her own? It doesn't look like a preemie. Esme is what? five? six months along? And Elizabeth is still her skinny ass self.

This is just beyond, beyond STOOPID.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

I'm pleased that Carly has crossed this line with the firefighter, especially because Drew's so involved. Of course she'll be forgiven pretty quickly, but at least she'll come in for a few "You let your hate of Nina blind you" rebukes. Even if she doesn't know Willow is sick, she DOES know this search is for the health/family history reasons for her own grandchild.

• Love 6

What really annoys me about this is that Carly won't suffer many consequences. She's been lying to everyone for months (hmmm, who else did that?) and actively torpedoing Drewfus's genuine attempts to get information for Willow. Yet of course he'll forgive her (because he's just that kind of guy), and everyone else will be mad at her for two days and then act as if nothing happened.

Why write these stories when the endings are so anticlimactic? I just don't understand what's going on here. This certainly isn't the first time a story has had promise and completely fizzles out. What are the writers afraid of? Carly can survive being hated by her family, FFS. GAH.

• Applause 6
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What really annoys me about this is that Carly won't suffer many consequences. She's been lying to everyone for months (hmmm, who else did that?) and actively torpedoing Drewfus's genuine attempts to get information for Willow.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yet of course he'll forgive her (because he's just that kind of guy),

If Billy Miller were still playing him, one, he'd never be this dumb, and two, he'd never forgive her. I still remember how angry he was when being told he wasn't Jaysus. And that's nothing, compared to this. It seems Cameron's Drew has nothing of the SeAL in him, since he shaved off that beard and was rescued/escaped from wherever Victor was holding him.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What really annoys me about this is that Carly won't suffer many consequences. She's been lying to everyone for months (hmmm, who else did that?) and actively torpedoing Drewfus's genuine attempts to get information for Willow. Yet of course he'll forgive her (because he's just that kind of guy), and everyone else will be mad at her for two days and then act as if nothing happened.

Why write these stories when the endings are so anticlimactic? I just don't understand what's going on here. This certainly isn't the first time a story has had promise and completely fizzles out. What are the writers afraid of? Carly can survive being hated by her family, FFS. GAH.

I hope Willow's baby tocks and her ass falls into a coma. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If Billy Miller were still playing him

I don't think there'd be a Carly/Drew if Billy was still playing him.  As forced and uncharasmatic this version is, multiple that by ten if it was BM.  The writers did a terrible disservice (shocking!) to the character once CM started playing him.  Started off ok, and then quickly petered out to him roaming PC offering wise words and hugs to anyone in distress.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't think there'd be a Carly/Drew if Billy was still playing him. 

Right. Should have added that in also. But as his uncle, Miller's Drew would have done a much better job of trying...oh FUCK IT. The story line wouldn't even be happening if Miller was still on this show as Drew. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't think there'd be a Carly/Drew if Billy was still playing him.  As forced and uncharasmatic this version is, multiple that by ten if it was BM.  The writers did a terrible disservice (shocking!) to the character once CM started playing him.  Started off ok, and then quickly petered out to him roaming PC offering wise words and hugs to anyone in distress.

I think Carly/Drew is written solely for Carly fans who want her with someone who acts like she walks on water no matter what she does. This is an even more extreme version of the Carly/Jason friendship, where Jason recognized her issues but always brushed them off or saved her no matter what. It’s made Drew such a nonentity. Who would actively root for a loser who says dumb things like Carly is honest to a fault while she’s lying to his face? 

• Fire 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Or Carly could tell Willow who her mother is now that the woman wants to know instead of, I don't know, lying and scheming to bury the truth.

Yes, definitely. But, I meant at the beginning.

1 minute ago, Melgaypet said:

If this were a soap opera, one of these apparently multiple people that Carly is paying off to lie would soon start blackmailing her.

And not for money.  they'd want something from sonny, so she'd have to make nice with him and Nina.

• Love 4