Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Drew is such a mess. He accuses the Quartermaines of being blackmailing and blackmailing the episode after Joss backstabs and threatens to put Sonny in jail for what she's supported ever since Carly married him.

Hypocrisy Joss -- you can't think of Brando was extended family when you're putting his real family member, Sonny, in jail.

Drew, Carly is not a precious flower who needs to be protected by you. 🤮

Why is Carly telling her adult son and daughter-in-law to text her when they get home like they're teenagers out at night? And why did they go to the stables after getting home?

Yes Joss, post the video so that the guy working for your brother turns on him.

Why didn't Sonny point out to Carly that she was the one who taught Joss to be okay with Sonny's criminal activities?

Michael; "It's about doing what's right."  🤣🤣🤣🤣  So much hypocrisy from Carly, Drew, Joss, Michael  -- it's unpleasant to watch. HATE THEM.

Valentin, it's time to stop lying to Anna.

Why would a drug overdose cause Oz's brain to swell?  Oh, right, to give him a reason to be in a medically induced coma.

Shut up Deanna, you're breaking HIPAA. Oz isn't old enough to have an adult daughter.

Can someone give Molly a magazine article on the difference between day makeup and clubbing makeup? And those streaks don't do her any favours.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 12

there is Sonny that i hate. and there is Joss appearing out of nowhere videotaping Sonny then being "you are going down." So basically instead of speaking up and stopping Sonny and Dex for kicking the poop out of this guy - she videotaped them instead. Way to go dipstick. 

Also. "I hate you but I thought you were crazy to be alone so I just followed you with my phone. oh shut up. (also. you knew this is what Sonny does but now that you hate him, Sonny doing things like this bothers you. shut up). 

Joss is doing this - because she's mad at Sonny. not because this is wrong. okay whatever. (and it is clear that Carly and her spawn is treating Sonny's amnesia like Jax's rape. that basically sonny basically decided to have amnesia vs. willling himself to remember. just like Jax clearly wasn't raped, he totally wanted to have sex with the woman had him captive). These are the heroes of the story. y'all. (also. still loving how Michael cut Sonny out of his life, Sonny is like whateer cool that's life and Joss is all I NOTE YOU LEAVE MICHAEL OUT OF YOUR CHILDREN LIST - when 2 minute before she's like Well WE ALL HATE YOU ANYWAY). you can't have it both ways you stupid dumbo. 

Molly just learned being an ADA is political. In other news, water is wet. Molly also looks VERY frosted. 

Val is getting his groove on. Anna is putting it on ice. she can't deal with lies. Whatever. this is boring. (Oh we're getting the deal of how Victor got control of Charlotte). Anna is pissed that he didn't confide in her. 

Curtis decided to kick open the door, because.. you know that's what we do when someone doesn't answer right away. (but it is good that he did because guy was dying. Esme learned how to Clark Kent zoom). 

Give zero crap about Millowtonin and their spawn. start dying already, Willow.  The Dipstick Family continue to say how awesome their plan was (it wasn't). but since Drew and Michael are the "GOOD Q'S" (no they aren't) they will persevere, and the only reason why they lost was that they trusted Ned. (no it wasn't).  I hate all of you.  they are all cheering to family, while Carly is hiding that Nina is not with her daughter and grandbaby to be

Spencer is getting infodumped. Esme tells him how stupid Joss was. Esme wants to spill the tea. Nik poops his pants.

Carly is mad and frustrated that Nina owns 1/2 the hotel she graciously bought for you and was gonna give it to you. shut up. 

lmao Sonny breaks up a gag inducing almost kiss by saying "You gotta get your daughter under control." DUDE YOU WERE BEATING UP A GUY. YOU WERE WRONG. lol

Willow: now that Carly is happy - do you want to like sonny now?
and why are they at the barn?
Michael: this isn't about revenge. Liar liar pants on fire. 

Carly doesn't care that Joss wants to send Sonny to jail. you know. this is the one brief moment i wish Jason was on the show. because you know this would have been Sonny and Jason and then how all "well you deserve to go to Jail!" would these people be? 

okay. the Vanna kiss was hot.

Dax speaking all the truth. (I mean he's scum but speaking the truth of why Joss did it). and of course WHY ACTUALLY UPHOLD THE LAW, JOSS. she deleted the video.

Carly and Sonny throw barbs, Drew is all "meh meh don't talk to carly like this you should leave." Sonny "meh meh, don't tell me what to do in my house." Carly "meh meh it's MY house and if Joss reports a crime and you land in jail, it's okay Nina can give you jail time love." (hah) Sonny goes  meh meh you should cool it because  you already lost the hotel, you could lose more things you love. Carly is all smug and thinks she has Sonny where she has him

again. Major Crime committed. and he argument is "who cares that you committed the crime. i only want to make you suffer. but if we liked you we totally would have made this go away." these are the heroes of the show Y'all suck monkey. 

(you can tell this was a Friday episode LOL). 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

That Joss/Sonny was scene was rich! This is the same girl who yelled at Cam and froze him out because Cam had the audacity to accuse Jason of Franco's murder, which we all know Jason would have done in a heartbeat if he wasn't being kept on a leash. Now Sonny is a thug who should go to prison? STFU, Joss. You and your mother both.

Carly/Drew. Hard pass! Kill, fuck, marry. I don't care. My TV was on mute for their scenes and the ones with Michael/Willow. Announcing a pregnancy to the world when you think you might be sick is extremely dumb, Willow! But you haven't been all that bright since you became an extension of Michael.

Esme is creepy AF when she smiles that smile. Girlfriend is a complete psycho, 1000% remorseless and Nikolas is the dumbest fuck to walk the fictional planet.

I can't muster interest in Anna/Valentin. Eventually, his secret will blow up in his face. She'll get angry, Finola will go on whenever her vacation is, the story will twist in the wind, lose steam, then the writers will try to pick it up again, JSP will have to go film his Disney+ show, Anna/Valentin will get put on hold again, something will happen, Anna will tell him she can't trust him, Finola will go on vacation. This kills all my interest in everything. And this has been happening with a bunch of storylines.

How is it that Curtis didn't even bother going to look if there was someone else in the room? There is such a thing as multitasking, you know! Call the ambulance, check out the rest of the place. Find Esme shaking in her sandals.

This show is beyond aggravating.

• Like 7
  • Love 12
(edited)
46 minutes ago, lala2 said:

It's all about me and my hurt feelings. And I know you MURDER for a living and that was okay unitl you got amnesia . . . now you can go to jail."

Yes Joss finally got to see how the sausages are made!!!  Meanwhile she lets the guy lay unconscious on the stairs, ugh.

ETA: If Joss wanted impact she would have shown the video to Nina.

Was that a chem test between Dax and Joss  (Jax hahaha!)???  #freeCam

I need to know what the push up bra Anna is wearing is, or is it just tape?

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Michael and Joss’ sudden righteous indignation over Sonny being a mobster is beyond hilarious when they’ve never had an issue with it before and hero worshipped Jason. Those 2 have no moral center or sense of what’s right or wrong, I’m sorry. They parrot their mother who is a criminal herself. Have them hate Sonny for falling for someone else but the rest is so stupid. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Molly just learned being an ADA is political.

And she's WRONG. Or rather, the "writers" are WRONG. The District Attorney position is political-that job is one where you get elected. An ADA, short for Assistant District Attorney, is one that you apply for and get hired. The STOOPID. It BURRRRRRRRNS.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Why can't Spencer easily dump Esmé? Tell her it's over and to leave Spoon Island. Done and done.

Molly whining about politics in the DA's office was pretty funny. There are office politics everywhere. That's grownup life, petal.

I can't keep listening to Drew and Michael apologizing to Carly and blaming Ned for Carly's own idiotic choices. I also can't listen to anyone telling the dolts what good parents they are and will be with the new demon seed.

Shut up, Joss. Save your hypocritical moral outrage for something else.

• Applause 3
  • Love 10

Molly is barely on the show so it’s a moot point but her becoming a lawyer never tracked for me. She’s always been too, I don’t know exactly what the term is, but good and moral. There’s definitely a space for activist and crusading lawyers in the real world but being a lawyer on GH means representing wealthy, and in most cases violent unrepentant criminals or working for the DAs office and losing the cases involving the guilty since only innocent people or those with reasonable justification seem to get punished in this world. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And she's WRONG. Or rather, the "writers" are WRONG. The District Attorney position is political-that job is one where you get elected. An ADA, short for Assistant District Attorney, is one that you apply for and get hired. The STOOPID. It BURRRRRRRRNS.

yeah the stupid it burns - but i meant political as in the the ADAs make moves to look good for their career etc, not so much "getting justice" that Molly wants. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

yeah the stupid it burns - but i meant political as in the the ADAs make moves to look good for their career etc, not so much "getting justice" that Molly wants. 

Oh. Then she IS STOOPID. All things are political-your work place with office politics; family politics. Jeebus Cripes. What naive, idealistic bubble has she been living under all these years? Especially considering who her parents are and her family is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh. Then she IS STOOPID. All things are political-your work place with office politics; family politics. Jeebus Cripes. What naive, idealistic bubble has she been living under all these years? Especially considering who her parents are and her family is.

exactly LOL. that was just the stupidest thing ever. if she wanted to be for justice why not work for a small NFP firm or something?

also - I am doing a Smallville rewatch and i saw you VERY active in those forums! Hullo fellow Smallvillite!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

being a lawyer on GH means representing wealthy, and in most cases violent unrepentant criminals

If you want to win.  If you don't mind losing every time, go ahead and defend the innocent.

40 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Michael and Joss’ sudden righteous indignation over Sonny being a mobster is beyond hilarious when they’ve never had an issue with it before and hero worshipped Jason. Those 2 have no moral center or sense of what’s right or wrong, I’m sorry. They parrot their mother who is a criminal herself. Have them hate Sonny for falling for someone else but the rest is so stupid. 

Every time I want to understand the authoritarian personality, I think about this show.  My side is always right; the other side is always wrong.

Joss is 19 but isn't Michael supposed to be in his 30s? He acts more like Carly's teenage child than an adult.

41 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Was that a chem test between Dax and Joss  (Jax hahaha!)???

I was just thinking that they would be perfect for each other. Someone Joss truly deserves. Also both are stilted actors so I can just fast forward.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I was just thinking that they would be perfect for each other. Someone Joss truly deserves. Also both are stilted actors so I can just fast forward.

and most importantly - Cam would be free.

I just love too how... after Joss is all "okay i won't send you to jail for your crime." she doesn't help you know, the victim. stay awesome, Joss

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was thinking the same. It’s a good containment ship. Every Joss pairing or potential pairing has been bad. I think Eden is another CD. Her scenes with Cameron are unwatchable to me but I still like him around everyone else. I was cringing at the prospect that they were going to hook her up with Spencer, because he’s the new it kid and they had some scenes that read chem test to me (they failed) since I actually like the actor, even though the character is fast approaching my shit list. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

and there is Joss appearing out of nowhere videotaping Sonny

And this is the girl who has been crying for months about being videoed.

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I am still not understanding why it has to be a secret that Spinelli is the owner of Society Setups.  I know he’s awkward and squirrelly and all that, but everyone on the show seems to accept he’s this cyber genius, so if he created a dating/match algorithm I don’t see why people wouldn’t want to sign up.  If anything I think it would make people more inclined to participate.

I am in the minority but I like Eden McCoy and think she’s a fairly good actress.  However, I can’t stand Joss when she’s around her family.  Most other times, I think she’s ok.  I think being around the Corinthos vortex of entitlement makes everyone suck.  I even used to like Willow until she got tangled up with this absurd family.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

And this is the girl who has been crying for months about being videoed.

i just... it was the whole thing. (I mean i don't even know WHERE THEY ARE). but it was like

"I had a bad day,  so I wanted to go for a run, and then i saw you and I thought how it was crazy for you to be alone,  so I followed you, and i took my phone out for protection."

in what world does that make sense. 
not to mention if Sonny wanted to kill you do you think your phone would save your life? Dipstick twit.

• Applause 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

"I had a bad day,  so I wanted to go for a run, and then i saw you and I thought how it was crazy for you to be alone,  so I followed you, and i took my phone out for protection."

Exactly. Nothing she said made sense. They are really forcing this Carly/Michael/Josslyn v. Sonny story, and I'm just not here for it. They hate him now. Ok. Got it.

I don't like them so I have no interest in their revenge on Sonny. Why does Sonny live rent-free in their heads? If y'all hate him so much, just leave the man alone! LOL! Don't follow him. Don't engage w/him. You live your life. He lives his. 

They are pathetic.  And annoying. 

• Like 3
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, lala2 said:

don't like them so I have no interest in their revenge on Sonny.

even if i liked them i would have no interest on their revenge. because they are only getting revenge - not that Sonny drugged and nearly murdered Jax so Joss wouldn't know her birth father. Not that Sonny actually killed Michael's birth father. But that Sonny hurt Carly and "didn't chose us, and didn't choose loyalty and dealt with Nina." (which FYI Joss, is what you caught Sonny doing. that's what you want him to do Nina).

Note that Kristina (the 2 seconds she was on screen) - also Sonny's kid -  doesn't give a crap that Sonny chose Nina, only that Sonny is alive and well and here and will be thankful. Note that Dante (also Sonny's kid) doesn't really care that Sonny chose Nina (or is WITH Nina) just asks him very 2 seconds if it's worth it, but is happy that he's alive.  Avery is llke what? 6? she was confused but she' basically over it, and donna is basically a goldfish so it's not lie she's gonna remember any of this anyway. 

Michael and joss are mad because because Carly is mad. that's it. if Carly decided to be over it - i bet you that Joss would be fine with it, and Michael would make this big producton about forgiving Sonny. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i just... it was the whole thing. (I mean i don't even know WHERE THEY ARE). but it was like

not to mention if Sonny wanted to kill you do you think your phone would save your life? Dipstick twit.

To me there is no one to root for in this situation.  The "victim " is a black mailing drug pusher ( not that he deserves to be beaten or killed, just that he is a sleazeball). Sonny is a mobster, Dax/Dex? is a double crossing thug for hire, and Joss is an entitled obnoxious brat. Of course, Joss should have summoned help for the pusher, but really other than that, why am I supposed to care about any of these characters and what they do? By the way, did Joss not just committ a criminal act of aiding and abetting by destroying the evidence and not summoning  help? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Daisy said:

"In other words, I had a bad day and when I saw you, I thought that if I could find a way to screw you over, that would make my day much better."

She really is Carly's daughter.

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Note that Kristina (the 2 seconds she was on screen) - also Sonny's kid -  doesn't give a crap that Sonny chose Nina, only that Sonny is alive and well and here and will be thankful. Note that Dante (also Sonny's kid) doesn't really care that Sonny chose Nina (or is WITH Nina) just asks him very 2 seconds if it's worth it, but is happy that he's alive.

Kristina is Alexis' kid. I wouldn't be surprised if Dante resented it given how Olivia behaves but maybe because she only got into Carly's orbit when Dante was an adult. Never let it be said that mothers don't matter.

It really burns me when Michael calls Dante his brother and Joss considers Brando part of her extended family while they are both disowning Sonny who is their connection to both Dante and Brando.

7 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

By the way, did Joss not just committ a criminal act of aiding and abetting by destroying the evidence and not summoning  help? 

Well now that you mention it, yes. But since it was for a criminal that she likes, as opposed to Sonny who she doesn't this month, it's all good and noble.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

SUCH a bad set-up.  It made zero sense.  The only halfway decent line in any of those scenes was Dax correctly saying it wasn't about "reporting a crime," rather getting back at Sonny.  Honestly, beginning to think we need a canon reboot where it's show Josslyn isn't actually Carly and Jax's kid, but Carly's actual clone. 

I can't wait for the scenes sure to come of Carly telling Joss she's proud of her for "standing up for what you believe it."  Then the giant hellmouth that is always underneath their feet will loudly belch and yell "for fuck's sake, can I finally swallow these two up?"

Uh-oh, Willow, better watch out.  Merely suggesting Michael ease up on his pouty-face hissy fit against Sonny is enough to plant a seed of doubt in Mikey's dull skull.  Remember that when you're grateful to Nina for saving your life and Michael still makes it seem like she's the devil and wants you to have nothing to do with her. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I think being around the Corinthos vortex of entitlement makes everyone suck.

Same. Everyone is so unbearable.

I hate Joss, but Eden McCall is fine, IMO. It's not her fault her character is awful.

3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

SUCH a bad set-up.  It made zero sense.  The only halfway decent line in any of those scenes was Dax correctly saying it wasn't about "reporting a crime," rather getting back at Sonny.

How dumb is it that Dax had to be the one to point it out? Sonny just flounders around invoking his kids as some sort of magic shield.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

How dumb is it that Dax had to be the one to point it out? Sonny just flounders around invoking his kids as some sort of magic shield.

usually because 9x10 it works lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I don't mind Eden Mc.  She is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT in her role as Carly's daughter, could she be any more perfect ?!  She's like a Carly clone! That doesn't mean I like the character or even the character of Carly (which LW plays well). 

I think they should hook her up with a mobbie guy like Dax just so she has to learn some hard life lessons. Cam is too good for her.

• Love 4

The whole episode was cringe worthy in every way possible.... but for me the worst part was when Carly told Michael & Willow to text her when they get home...wtf ?????

Also... Carly yukking it up as they “broke” the pregnancy news to Drew who was smiling like a mental patient....

Get a freaking life, Drew

What scares me is that the only thing I enjoyed was Dex explaining his position to Joss.....It’s the only thing that sort of made sense today 😬

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

Also... Carly yukking it up as they “broke” the pregnancy news to Drew who was smiling like a mental patient....

I laughed so hard. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

That awful phony laugh LW employs was front and center today.  Also, the entire he-he-ha-ha Michael and Drew are the only good Qs bit made me ragey.  If by good you mean the former only caring about the Q legacy for what it can do for HIM and the latter just parroting along with Mikey because he's pathetic and just wants to be a part of something. 

• Love 14
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, the entire he-he-ha-ha Michael and Drew are the only good Qs bit made me ragey.

Man, fuck Michael and Drew. I don't even consider them Qs anymore. Michael is all Corinthos and Drew exists to be Carly's eunuch. Poor long-gone Maya is more of a Quartermaine than either one of those two.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
42 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

The writers have very effectively isolated Drew from the rest of the canvas. Are they scared he might actually generate chemistry with an actress who isn't LW, or something? Not that that's ever stopped them before.

His whole it's about time comment after he found about the pregnancy was 💩

Bitch, take a seat! No one asked for your opinion. 

Scenes like that make me wanna see Jason strut through the door, just to see how fast he'll become Drew Who.

I used to love Drew so much. Even when they saddled him with Kim and Oscar and Franco. I just loathe this version. I wish he was still dead.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

This new running thread of Carly commeting on Quartermaines - making declarations about which was ones are good or bad or worthy - has GOT to STOP.  It's one of the most infurating writing decisions the show has made in years, and that is saying something.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Man, fuck Michael and Drew. I don't even consider them Qs anymore. Michael is all Corinthos and Drew exists to be Carly's eunuch. Poor long-gone Maya is more of a Quartermaine than either one of those two.

I used to love the Qs but I reached the point where I’d be happy if they never mentioned that family again. The only ones I like now are Ned and Monica, who is almost never on. Michael and Drew suck, Olivia isn’t far behind them, and I never warmed up to AS as BL. Oh I guess the kids are fine but I don’t watch soaps for kids so it’s meh. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

The Quartermaines used to be the most interesting, most devious and intriguing people on this soap. Now, there’s almost no one who’s any of those things. Sorry for all of us who remember the good old days.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SiouxB said:

It is amazing how many people are actually thrilled about this pregnancy. They act as though it is something extra special in their lives, not just someone else's good news. 

So Sonny tells Carly that he was "admonishing" someone and Joss recorded it on her phone and Carly's reaction is that Joss can do whatever she wants. Not even pretending to be disturbed by the whole situation. Drew, too, acted as if Sonny just talked about a fender bender or something.  

In other news, the guy that was beaten up is just laying there; no one called 911, no one called for help. Is Dax (Dex?) going to hoist him up and carry him to the hospital himself? 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SiouxB said:

That is a PERFECT way to describe Drew and his smurfy smile…ugh it makes me so embarrassed for him.  LW’s fake laugh is equally cringey.

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I don't mind Eden Mc.  She is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT in her role as Carly's daughter, could she be any more perfect ?!  She's like a Carly clone! That doesn't mean I like the character or even the character of Carly (which LW plays well). 

Totally agree.  She plays Carly’s daughter to a tee, she even has some of the same mannerisms.  I think they are very believable as mother and daughter, even though they are both awful most of the time.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

By the way, did Joss not just committ a criminal act of aiding and abetting by destroying the evidence and not summoning  help? 

To my mind she did. She watched, she recorded, she knows exactly what happened, by whom and why, she deleted evidence, she didn't call 911 before, during or after, she left the victim helpless, she can't even claim she was in fear of her own safety if she did report the crime.

It's too bad that family has permanent immunity against any and all prosecution. She and Carly could've shared a cell.

41 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Totally agree.  She plays Carly’s daughter to a tee, she even has some of the same mannerisms.  I think they are very believable as mother and daughter, even though they are both awful most of the time.

They really are just alike, as characters, and I agree, EM does have some of the same acting tics that LW does. Not the worst acting mentor, because LW is awesome, but geeze, no one needs Carly and her Mini Me.

• Love 3
(edited)

Joss who didn't care that Sonny almost killed her own father is going to care he attacked a man in an alley. Joss who worship the hitman? 

And she's going to pull out the phone and film? The girl who spent all day on stand at a hearing about a revenge video?  

They're just wasting Drew. 

Carly has no business commenting on any Quartermaines. She's done worse than all the "bad" Quartermaines. 

Esme is sociopath. She needs to be locked up. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

no one needs Carly and her Mini Me.

I will never not be sad that Joss didn't grow up to be a hellion who was constantly clashing with Carly instead of this half-Carly, half-Starr irritant.

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

The Quartermaines used to be the most interesting, most devious and intriguing people on this soap. Now, there’s almost no one who’s any of those things. Sorry for all of us who remember the good old days.

Because they all had a current of passion running through them, even the subdued Lila. As stupid as the relish wars were, at least AJ and Tracy were putting effort into ELQ. Neither one of them had the "take it or leave it" attitude that Michael has. While both of them felt entitled to it, they weren't afraid to fight for ELQ. The emotional beats of the family dynamic remind me of what it looks like the upcoming "House of the Dragon" is going to try and do. The sad thing is Edward is partially responsible because he also blew smoke up Michael's ass constantly and caved to his demands. He would not do that with any other of his kids or grandkids. 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I will never not be sad that Joss didn't grow up to be a hellion who was constantly clashing with Carly instead of this half-Carly, half-Starr irritant.

This f*cking regime: they often put in drama between characters when they either should have been well passed it or it is overblown, but any actually drama, like Joss not liking Sonny and being a bitch to Carly about her being with him, they leap frog over. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

They're just wasting Drew. 

What, you weren't absolutely rivetted by the Drew/Sam/Dante triangle that happened entirely off screen? Or the Drew rebuilds his relationship with Scout story that happened entirely off screen?

Why the show keeps adding and adding and adding characters when it can't even be bothered to come up with story for half the characters it already has is beyond me.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

Dax or Dex or whatever his name is (haven't paid enough attention to him to be sure) for the win! Joss is as much an imbecile as her mother, unsurprisingly enough. Why anyone who can be that manipulative is working for Michael is a whole other question but now I can hope he will turn on Michael and wind up in Sonny and Nina's camp in the end (not that Sonny is a good guy in any way but in this soap, you gotta go with the lesser of two stupidities).

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SiouxB said:

God forbid a family member be excited about their family member's joyous news.

He has a life, it's just not the one many wanted for that character. 

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

His whole it's about time comment after he found about the pregnancy was 💩

Bitch, take a seat! No one asked for your opinion. 

I think Michael and Willow, who love Drew and consider him family, were just fine with his opinion.

I don't care if it was hypocritical or not, I loved Joss calling Sonny out on his crap excuses. She's right, Donna and Avery would get along just fine without him. He's barely a parent now. And him trying to guilt trip her over his actions was ludicrous. I loathed him barging into the house and then demanding Carly get her daughter under control. Aw, poor Sonny people are calling you out for your crimes (again don't really care about the hypocrisy) and he just can't handle it. I love that the big scary mob boss had to run to his ex-wife to fix his problems.

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

(and it is clear that Carly and her spawn is treating Sonny's amnesia like Jax's rape. that basically sonny basically decided to have amnesia vs. willling himself to remember. just like Jax clearly wasn't raped, he totally wanted to have sex with the woman had him captive).

IMO this doesn't compare to Jax's rape in the slightest. Sonny's amnesia is his fault. If he hadn't been on that bridge to commit a crime (murder) he wouldn't have lost his memory in the first place. All I can remember hearing for months when the Nixon Falls story was going on was how this was all Sonny's fault (and Phyllis' somehow) because he refused to lift a finger to figure out who he was and now suddenly it's horrible that Sonny is actually being blamed for this situation?

(edited)
7 hours ago, lala2 said:

I don't like them so I have no interest in their revenge on Sonny. Why does Sonny live rent-free in their heads? If y'all hate him so much, just leave the man alone! LOL! Don't follow him. Don't engage w/him. You live your life. He lives his.

Sonny, he's the Julian Jerome of 2022.  Remember when everyone used to go to Julian's pub and berate him for being there?

Tired of Molly and her Bambi eyes.  Girl needs to ease up on the eyeliner, etc.

Is anyone going to call stairway Conan O'Brien an ambulance?

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

IMO this doesn't compare to Jax's rape in the slightest. Sonny's amnesia is his fault. If he hadn't been on that bridge to commit a crime (murder) he wouldn't have lost his memory in the first place. All I can remember hearing for months when the Nixon Falls story was going on was how this was all Sonny's fault (and Phyllis' somehow) because he refused to lift a finger to figure out who he was and now suddenly it's horrible that Sonny is actually being blamed for this situation?

I don't think anyone is saying it's horrible, and yeah, Sonny having amnesia was his fault. But no one's making an issue of Julian's murder. Certainly not Joss, who has never cared that her stepfather was/is a criminal, just like Michael has never cared. I may have missed a vital scene somewhere, during which either of these hellspawn pointed out that Sonny banged his stupid head and forgot who he was because he was so determined to kill someone that he fell off of a bridge doing it, but I don't believe I did. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. What exactly is their argument if it isn't, "We don't care that you actively do things to hurt people, as evidenced by my deletion of the incriminating video, but you hurt my idiot mother's feelings, so now you're totally a bad person." What?

• Applause 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

The sad thing is Edward is partially responsible because he also blew smoke up Michael's ass constantly and caved to his demands. He would not do that with any other of his kids or grandkids. 

and honestly, I think the reason why he did that is the reason why (even if it's in my head too)  they basically lost 20 years of Michael's life and they basically saw him grow up from afar wanting nothing to do with them. Now he decides to bless them with his presence, and everyone is like legit afraid to tell him to take a very long walk off an extremely short pier. the only one who basically does it now is Ned and he doesn't even do it all the way. 

like honestly i would legit delete several people off this show, simply to have  two children by him on the run to just constantly shove it in Michael's face that no, he is 100 percent not the golden child he think he is. 

43 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

MO this doesn't compare to Jax's rape in the slightest. Sonny's amnesia is his fault. If he hadn't been on that bridge to commit a crime (murder) he wouldn't have lost his memory in the first place.

i've said that constantly - but it doesn't change the fact at the end of the day,, his fault or not - he HAD it. and I also did say i want the show to acknowledge that he didn't choose to look for his family. [he didn't say "because he felt that he was a bad person, bad life, etc.] and that is something that he had to own (and he finally did). but everyone in Carly's dipstick family is acting like he chose  to have Amnesia and he could turn it off at will. which is simply not true.  and considering the crap today that they only care today that he did crimes because they are mad at him, they gave (and will give) zero craps that he did bad things because they don't.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I may have missed a vital scene somewhere, during which either of these hellspawn pointed out that Sonny banged his stupid head and forgot who he was because he was so determined to kill someone that he fell off of a bridge doing it, but I don't believe I did. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope. Never ever ever ever came up. no one was angry that he "Died" going to kill someone (and yes. i know he didn't go to "kill" Julian, he was going to "take him back to PC to confess about the bombing, and like i've said before, and will again - Julian was never going to go with him willingly, and I refuse to believe that he and Jason were going to wave him off at the bus stop without any issues after that).  

they never even mentioned it or questioned the lifestyle. Mr. "I don't want Sonny in my life and I am gonna take down the business so my son can be PROUD OF THE CORINTHOS NAME, BY GUM",  was going to take over the business and got pissed off that Jason told him no. They were all prepared to support sonny and his decisions when thy were criminal. but He comes back, he isn't as mobbish, he doesn't kill Nina, and now Sonny is the scum of the earth. and now they see him commit crimes and he's the evil. (but it still doesnt' matter because they don't really care that he's doing it, it's more that they want to make him suffer for Hurting Carly. Who chose not to be with Sonny)

• Applause 4
  • Love 3