Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I doubt that some 18-20 year old is thinking along about how the justice system would treat system Trina or that Esme is such a racist that is it is Trina's race is the primary problem for her.

I dunno, college-aged adults are very socially aware, especially nowadays.  Also Trina's race wouldn't have to necessarily be the primary problem for Esme.  It could just be a secondary motivation or a significant contributing factor instead.  Racist all the same.

Either way, Esme doesn't have to be consciously thinking of anything regarding race.  Racism can operate on both a conscious and unconscious level.  She may not even be aware of it.

30 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Esme might even dismiss Trina as a potential romantic rival because she is black and might have gone after like Emma Drake (who Spencer was romantically interest in even when they were both kids), who is white, even harder.

This could have been another possibility, sure.  But it would have been another example of Esme's racism, dismissing the Black woman and focusing her efforts on the white woman.  There are many different types of racist behavior and many possibilities for the writers and audience to consider.

• Love 1
(edited)

Regardless of what Esme's original intent was, and several of us mentioned how bad it was that the white girl drugged and framed the black girl, the show has crossed the Rubicon on this one. The writers decided the address the elephant in the room. And good on them for doing so.

The writers don't normally get any sort of thumbs up from me, and while I really can't speak to the scenes with Curtis and his father because I've completely tuned them out, the Portia and Stella scenes were well written and Portia's anguish over what could happen to Trina and Stella's hopefulness that things are changing struck a balance, although I'm not really sure that things are changing, or maybe they aren't changing quickly enough.  

But now that the show had decided to address the question of racism, they absolutely have to go all the way with this and finish what they started. 

Anything else will be a let down. And I can't say that I have faith in them seeing this to the end.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

Oh give me a break, not everything has to be about race. Oh Esme's romantic rival happens to be black, therefore she must have some bias.

Like white people have never been wrongfully convicted, or railroaded, or treated poorly by the justice system.... And I'm a minority myself btw. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I don't think that the writing or acting would have to indicate anything.  Trina is Black.  That's the only evidence needed.  The idea that a white woman would be harder on a Black rival should be self-explanatory to the audience in my view.

Even if--IF--Esme was just hell-bent on getting Trina out of the way because she saw her as a rival for Spencer no matter what, like you said, the fact remains that Trina is Black.  Esme not considering what a person of color has to deal with with the legal system would be/is just as shitty as if it was a conscious decision.  Either way, it would seem like a huge misstep if the show didn't acknowledge that, so Stella and Portia's talk yesterday was A+.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
On 7/15/2022 at 9:42 PM, DanaK said:

In regards to the apparent hinting that Marshall was misdiagnosed (or purposely diagnosed wrong?), I think that’s where things are heading as well.

I wish that would happen. But this is the show that didn't bother googling company mergers and we got the mess that was the ELQ/Aurora story.

Marshall told the story of Ben the Barber who wasn't diagnosed and who increasingly got sicker, and then added a few sentences about the importance of mental health treatment and that he himself was lucky with his treatment. I think that we're supposed to take it at face value that Marshall's diagnosis was right.

20 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Naturally, that's going to raise the question of how racism may have factored into Esmé's actions, and I think that it was good for the show to acknowledge that question.

I don't know that racism factored into Esme's decision but I definitely think that it was good for the show to say out loud that Trina will most likely be treated differently because of racism. That's the reality. Trina may already have been treated differently in the Title IX decision.

Esme  is a self-centred white teenager growing up in a rich boarding school in Europe, would she know what it's like for a Black woman in the US?  I doubt three years ago many white teenagers in America knew what it was like for African Americans unless they had a close POC friend.

10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Why wouldn't Carly still have the Aurora shares? She bought them with the proceeds for the sale of the MC Hotel.

She should still have them but their worth has tanked. They're not worth enough to get the hotel back.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I don't think that the writing or acting would have to indicate anything.  Trina is Black.  That's the only evidence needed.  The idea that a white woman would be harder on a Black rival should be self-explanatory to the audience in my view.

Maybe Esme views Trina as a greater threat to her relationship with Spencer because she's a Black woman.  That's very believable to me.  Or maybe the reason she went as far as she did with Trina was because of some deep-rooted animosity towards Black people.  Criminalizing a Black woman and leaving her in the hands of the justice system may be just what Trina deserves in Esme's mind.

The point is that the possibilities are very real, and that it makes sense that the show would address them and have the characters consider it.

Completely agree.  Very well stated. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Even if--IF--Esme was just hell-bent on getting Trina out of the way because she saw her as a rival for Spencer no matter what, like you said, the fact remains that Trina is Black.  Esme not considering what a person of color has to deal with with the legal system would be/is just as shitty as if it was a conscious decision.  Either way, it would seem like a huge misstep if the show didn't acknowledge that, so Stella and Portia's talk yesterday was A+.

This is all true, but Esme is evil. All of her actions are seen and shown as evil. It’s strange to even debate whether her evil actions are more evil because there might be unconscious bias involved in them. However the shows characters worrying about how racism will impact Trina in this story seems entirely appropriate and realistic. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I dunno, college-aged adults are very socially aware, especially nowadays.  Also Trina's race wouldn't have to necessarily be the primary problem for Esme.  It could just be a secondary motivation or a significant contributing factor instead.  Racist all the same.

Either way, Esme doesn't have to be consciously thinking of anything regarding race.  Racism can operate on both a conscious and unconscious level.  She may not even be aware of it.

This could have been another possibility, sure.  But it would have been another example of Esme's racism, dismissing the Black woman and focusing her efforts on the white woman.  There are many different types of racist behavior and many possibilities for the writers and audience to consider.

I still don't think that Esme is a racist, but either a sociopath or psychopath. I think that Esme motivator is that Trina has a connection to Spencer that Esme doesn't have and she needs to break it. If Emma was factor as how I stated it before, then race could be the lens to view it through. Emma being a childhood friend could be another. However, I will give that Trina might be dealing with some nasty racial consequences when having to deal with law enforcement and courts as a POC, even with her dad being in law enforcement and her mother being a doctor. I can easily Esme being indifferent to it as long as her end goal is met even if someone like TJ explained how extra messed up it is to frame someone like Trina. The opposite of when Brenda found out her romantic rival Karen was molested as a kid and genuinely felt about the shit she put her through. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I still don't think that Esme is a racist, but either a sociopath or psychopath. I think that Esme motivator is that Trina has a connection to Spencer that Esme doesn't have and she needs to break it. If Emma was factor as how I stated it before, then race could be the lens to view it through. Emma being a childhood friend could be another. However, I will give that Trina might be dealing with some nasty racial consequences when having to deal with law enforcement and courts as a POC, even with her dad being in law enforcement and her mother being a doctor. I can easily Esme being indifferent to it as long as her end goal is met even if someone like TJ explained how extra messed up it is to frame someone like Trina. The opposite of when Brenda found out her romantic rival Karen was molested as a kid and genuinely felt about the shit she put her through. 

The racist angel didn’t even occur to me. I thought Esme didn’t like Trina or any woman with Spence. Of course, if the show wants to go in that direction I guess they are allowed. That said, if the character of Esme intention was based on race wouldn’t the character have out right said it to herself in one of those stupid scenes where the character is always talking to themselves? Especially, this far in to the storyline. It seems so random but I guess they want fans talking which I’m doing here. LOL!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

It never even occurred to me that this would be a race issue. I do think it has dragged on for way too long and wonder how realistic it is since not even Cameron or Joss want her tried. Aren't there enough real crimes going on that they would make a big deal out of prosecuting someone for this when the victims are hell bent on proving her innocence?

• Like 3
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Aren't there enough real crimes going on that they would make a big deal out of prosecuting someone for this when the victims are hell bent on proving her innocence?

I know! It's one thing when the victims don't press charges, but to want to testify she's innocent? How is the DA supposed to prove guilt in that case? And the entire town is on Trina's side here, even Jordan, though she can't say so publicly (yet). It's just so stupid, so entirely TFGH.

Most of the court cases on GH are ridiculous, but there is some internal logic to them. This case has none at all.

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

It never even occurred to me that this would be a race issue. I do think it has dragged on for way too long and wonder how realistic it is since not even Cameron or Joss want her tried. Aren't there enough real crimes going on that they would make a big deal out of prosecuting someone for this when the victims are hell bent on proving her innocence?

The whole thing is dumb and hinges on the burner that Esme slipped in Trina's purse. That's the only evidence they have.

Meanwhile, Spencer figured out that Trina was drugged and Joss and Trina found the guy who sold the phone to Esme, making all the adults look like incompetent fools.

And the DA's office look like a bunch of schmucks.

• Like 4
(edited)
On 7/16/2022 at 8:00 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Esme not considering what a person of color has to deal with with the legal system would be/is just as shitty as if it was a conscious decision

Esme would say that she didn't grow up in this country so wasn't aware of the systemic racism.   I wouldn't buy it, but that's what they 'd say.  Either way, the scenes with Portia and Stella were excellent.  Marshall continues to be a snooze-fest and brings down whatever scene partner he is paired with, usually Curtis.  And, are we to think that Curtis is really Trina's father?  Why is Portia so concerned about the genetics of Marshall's diagnosis and the stress Trina is about to face?  (I thought they'd be giving the disease to TJ, giving Molly a much needed story)

Oh, and PS - if it is a race issue, why did we not hear a word about this until Friday??

Edited by MarciNJ
  • Love 2
On 7/16/2022 at 8:00 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Even if--IF--Esme was just hell-bent on getting Trina out of the way because she saw her as a rival for Spencer no matter what, like you said, the fact remains that Trina is Black.

while I'm not questioning Esme's racism, conscious or subconscious, Trina seems to be into Rory now; so Esme's problem is really with Spencer, who still has feeling for Trina, not Trina herself.  And, placing Trina in the "damsel in distress" role is not helping her cause to keep Spencer.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Oh, and PS - if it is a race issue, why did we not hear a word about this until Friday??

Because this show's "writers" can't handle the subject. Truthfully, they can't handle most subjects, but this one in particular. They've presented Esme as a psycho from pretty much the minute she showed up with the way she torched Ava's car and everything else she's done, so even if the show wanted to be topical by having it be the case that she has it out for Trina because she's black and not just because Spencer has feelings for her, it's both too late and this isn't the character they should be doing it with anyway. We've likely talked about the possibility more often than the "writers" thought about it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Probably because that wasn’t the explicit intention of the writers and they are now addressing it due to fan backlash. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that last Friday’s episode was written by GH’s only black female writer. 

That or some of the actors asked for it to be addressed. I only say that because of something Brooke Kerr tweeted and something else a few of the actors said during a FB live when this SL first popped up about intervening and asking them to direct Trina’s arrest differently because of the optics of the way they originally had it. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know! It's one thing when the victims don't press charges, but to want to testify she's innocent? How is the DA supposed to prove guilt in that case? And the entire town is on Trina's side here, even Jordan, though she can't say so publicly (yet). It's just so stupid, so entirely TFGH.

Most of the court cases on GH are ridiculous, but there is some internal logic to them. This case has none at all.

they really should have focused this on how PCU was treating Trina (and then use the race issues there) vs. forcing this legal crap because the minute the victims testify for the defendant, the prosecution has no case. Don't these people watch L+O there are like 6 versions and 1000s of episodes to choose from!

• Like 9
On 7/16/2022 at 4:08 AM, CeChase said:

I actually thought it was incredibly nuanced.  Portia carefully stated that Joss and Cam were victims of Esme's, but Esme set Trina up to have to deal with the criminal justice system, and she had to know it would be more treacherous for Trina because she's black.   I absolutely appreciated the writing for Friday's show and was shocked how good it was.  

I don’t think Trina’s race entered into it at all.  I’m sure it was spite and jealousy over Spencer.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:52 AM, Tenshinhan said:

Because Trina is Black.  So that means that Esme will potentially choose to do worse to her than to anyone else.

But what motivates Esme's evil may vary from person to person, based upon their race.  

They’ve never written her that way.  Given the absence of any racist overtones to the character, this just feels like more cheap pandering.  It would be different if Esme were written with any racial animus whatsoever, but she’s not.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Dante was doing so well and then "Well Nina and Carly had "their stuff" before." SAY IT PLAIN. Nina hid you from us, but Carly hid her child's identity and wiley from Nina.stop sugar coating it

LOL MIchael is all "Nina took advantage of Mom's pain by buying the hotel." lol whatever. 

Oh shut up Brando. i hate you. Michael could have been punched

these people can't wrap their heads aroud the fact that Wiley was not a Wanda Maximoff baby. Michael didn't just whip this kid out of imagination. 

Everyone: Joss. act like a decent human being. 
Joss. goes on the stand and activates her inner carly.
stay awesome , Joss

Finally we're gonna learn what Willow's convienentitious is 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

My god, Michael is a baby. He's going to throw away all the years that Sonny was his father because Carly is angry at Sonny. And all the while calling Dante "brother".

Michael being angry at Sonny and going to his gym is like everyone going to Charlie's to yell at Julian. If you hate the person, just stay away from places they own.

I used to like Willow (as much a it's possible to like whit bread) but she's become just as nasty and mean-spirited as Michael and Carly now.

Dante, Sonny didn't choose to have amnesia. But he did choose to pursue Julian onto the bridge to murder him. Why do Sonny, Carly and their kids and hangers-on get a pass for evil intentions?

Nina, if Sonny is always going to run to Carly when she's in trouble, just as Jax did, it's better to know now.

Brando, she was "LYING TO MY FACE!" because she's an addict. That's what addicts do.

2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Probably because that wasn’t the explicit intention of the writers and they are now addressing it due to fan backlash. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that last Friday’s episode was written by GH’s only black female writer. 

That or some of the actors asked for it to be addressed.

However it came about, I think that it was very important that it did. I knew the statistics, that Blacks are grossly over-represented in the prison system, that a Black college student will go to jail for recreational drug possession while a white one will get a warning, that a Black woman on parole got a five year sentence for not knowing that she couldn't vote while white people got no jail time for voting multiple time.

But it never occurred to me how this trial could affect Trina personally until Friday's show.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Brando, she was "LYING TO ME FACE! because she's an addict. That's what addicts do.

And this isn't the first time she's lied to him about being on pills. Learn from the past, Brando. And maybe go to a few meetings yourself to deal with your anger.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And this isn't the first time she's lied to him about being on pills. Learn from the past, Brando. And maybe go to a few meetings yourself to deal with your anger.

as a recovering addict himself, he should know all of this....

Also, her drug use puts his sobriety at risk; I'd think at least Gladys would have something to say about that...

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My god, Michael is a baby. He's going to throw away all the years that Sonny was his father because Carly is angry at Sonny. 

And as I keep saying, it comes off as even more childish and ridiculous given Michael completely, wholeheartedly forgave Sonny FOR MUDRERING HIS BIO DAD!

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 7
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

And as I keep saying, it comes off as even more childish and ridiculous given Michael completely, wholeheartedly forgave Sonny FOR MUDRERING HIS BIO DAD!

To be fair, AJ was fat, so...

• Wink 2
  • LOL 10

I guess Michael had a whole setup going on with Dex. Show up, yell at Sonny, have Dex go all hot head.

Temp Michael is leaps and bounds better than CD, but Michael is an absolute shitbag. Your mother is a grown ass woman who told you not to get involved and not to alienate your father, so of course, Michael does the opposite of what his mother asked him, which really makes him her son through and through.

Is there any chance that Willow miscarries because Michael is a complete dickwad and him escalating things with Sonny should have consequences.

Didn't care for the courtroom stuff because I always find these proceedings incredibly tedious, but bravo, Joss! Copping an attitude with the DA's office isn't going to help your bestie.

I guess we have absolute confirmation that Esme has no clue who her mother is. The actress is good, but I think the character will end six feet under.

Nina's line about Carly never being down and always winning. We know. We all hate it. Now that you know, though, please move on. And now that Willow is about to find out that she needs relatives to save her worthless life, please, hop on a plane to some exotic location where the cellphone signal and the wifi is spotty and stay there.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

LOL at the "Baby Jonah Michael Corinthos" on the headstone. And it was very soapy that Nina and Liesl overhead Willow say she was pregnant. 

14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Temp Michael is leaps and bounds better than CD, but Michael is an absolute shitbag.

Ugh, he's just the worst. And begging Dante to tell him congratulations? Super gross.

"I'm done talking; it's time for action." If only that meant Sonny shooting Michael between the eyes.

13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

bravo, Joss! Copping an attitude with the DA's office isn't going to help your bestie.

I loved the reaction shots of Carly and Trina: "Oh, brother, here she goes." Joss just has to do what she wants, no matter who it hurts. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Isn't Aiden at least a tweenager at this point? He couldn't be alone for an afternoon for Liz to be at the trial where her son was testifying to the crime he was a victim of? God, this show is horrible in the excuses they write to handwave away why characters that should be in a storyline or at an event aren't there.

• Love 6
On 7/17/2022 at 11:50 AM, Ambrosefolly said:

That bitch is a total sociopath.  She isn’t written as a racist though.  If that was going to be a thing in this storyline, then there should have been even the tiniest indication that Esme has a problem with black people.  No such induction exists.  So now the race is issue feels like hamfisted pandering.  Due to bad writing.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:39 PM, statsgirl said:

I wish that would happen. But this is the show that didn't bother googling company mergers and we got the mess that was the ELQ/Aurora story.

Marshall told the story of Ben the Barber who wasn't diagnosed and who increasingly got sicker, and then added a few sentences about the importance of mental health treatment and that he himself was lucky with his treatment. I think that we're supposed to take it at face value that Marshall's diagnosis was right.

I don't know that racism factored into Esme's decision but I definitely think that it was good for the show to say out loud that Trina will most likely be treated differently because of racism. That's the reality. Trina may already have been treated differently in the Title IX decision.

Esme  is a self-centred white teenager growing up in a rich boarding school in Europe, would she know what it's like for a Black woman in the US?  I doubt three years ago many white teenagers in America knew what it was like for African Americans unless they had a close POC friend.

She should still have them but their worth has tanked. They're not worth enough to get the hotel back.

Does Esme strike you as someone who really gives much of a shit about how social issues impact others?  Or really, gives a shit about other people at all?

she’s a sociopath.  It’s likely she isn’t capable of much, if any, empathy.

• Applause 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is there any chance that Willow miscarries because Michael is a complete dickwad and him escalating things with Sonny should have consequences.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"I'm done talking; it's time for action." If only that meant Sonny shooting Michael between the eyes.

Please, please, please, show. I'll take either, but I'd like both.

The fact that there are so few consequences to the things that Michael, Carly and Joss do makes them even greater dickwads. Diane needs to slap Joss down for her behaviour on the stand today but she won't because she's Carly's lacky and her job is to make Carly and her family look good.

30 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Does Esme strike you as someone who really gives much of a shit about how social issues impact others?  Or really, gives a shit about other people at all?

Esme strikes me as the kind of person who isn't aware of and doesn't care about social issues. I don't think that she's necessarily racist (she didn't go after Trina until she realized that Spencer was interested in her) but if she found out that things will go harder for Trina because of her race, her only reaction would be "Bonus!".

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Cam gets on the stand and is articulate, polite, controlled.  Joss gets on the stand and makes an asshole of her entitled self.   Sounds about par for the course.

TempMichael is just as obnoxious as CD.  It's the character and the writing--better acting isn't doing him any favors.  If anything, Temp plays even more into Michael's assholery. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Cam gets on the stand and is articulate, polite, controlled.  Joss gets on the stand and makes an asshole of her entitled self.   Sounds about par for the course.

TempMichael is just as obnoxious as CD.  It's the character and the writing--better acting isn't doing him any favors.  If anything, Temp plays even more into Michael's assholery. 

which is what make me like temp michael a whole lot more because he knows it. I would have laughed so hard, if after Michael said "hey we're pregnant but we don't want you to be in the kid's life." if Sonny went no skin off my nose, saves me money."  like. he says this stuff to get a rise out of Sonny and sonny falls for it. just be all like "do i honestly look like i care about your dumb "announcements.". It's like when they cop a fit when Nina goes "he's my grandson too." you can't will it not to be. it is. if you hate it just ignore them for crying out loud

This trial so dumb. all you have to do is call someone from Best Buy "is it possible to set a phone up and have it set to record, ie: it doesn't matter if someone was at the cabin or not or not anyone could have done it?"

Best Buy Geek Squad person. "yes." then end of story. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But it never occurred to me how this trial could affect Trina personally until Friday's show.

I must say that the posts these last few days have been very thought provoking and interesting. My 2 cents is that I think they wrote Esme more as a sociopath so I don't think her actions towards Trina were explicitly motivated by racism however her white privilege is such that she had no clue how this could and would effect Trina. I think Esme's lack of empathy would have stopped her from an awareness of Trina's position. Also I think Esme will  not have any remorse if it is pointed out. Unless they rewrite her MO. And I must admit that it also shows my privilege that it never occurred to me as well until Friday's show and the discussions on this site. I would like to thank the fans that pushed back on this story and everyone that has posted. 

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess Michael had a whole setup going on with Dex.

And what was the point?

How long ago was the cabin scene, Cam looked sooooo much younger.

Another day of bad hair for Ava. What the hell is going on over there? Ava and Liz both used to have such beautiful hair now they both looked like they shower at the local gym that doesn't have any water pressure or elecricity.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

And I must admit that it also shows my privilege that it never occurred to me as well until Friday's show and the discussions on this site. I would like to thank the fans that pushed back on this story and everyone that has posted. 

well i don't think it did. I'm a person of colour and I didn't think about it at all - mostly because I didn't (and don't) think this is racially motivated.  I will say i do like it when Soaps remember that this is a platform they should address these things and it was a good discussion but at the same time I felt it was just tacked on and clunky and then it made me go well.. it's not racially motivated though.  It's Trina being a threat to Esme.end of story. 

and i think the message would be more stronger/clearer if this was focused on school and not on this dumbo trial 

• Love 10

Well, at least things moved today. Jesus, it's like pulling teeth with this show! 

Alls I kept thinking in the sauna is that it would suck for an ordinary guy with a no-pack to walk in there and have to sit with those two hulking hard bodies.  

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess we have absolute confirmation that Esme has no clue who her mother is. 

A really soapy reveal tomorrow would be that Esme has always known who her actual mother and father were but had created a backstory for herself for . . . reasons. Then when Spencer gives her his ultimatum, she could tell him that she knew he was lying and his plan to vindicate Trina was going nowhere.

But if there's a good soapy twist, we know we won't see it. 

And in a semi-related comment, why does GH always have stories peaking in the "off season"?  I think what we're seeing now would be a sweeps story. GH does this all the time.

Edited by rur
  • Like 1
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Blackie said:

And what was the point?

I believe this is a question that can be asked about anything on this show.

I don't know. He's Michael and he does . . . things.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nina's line about Carly never being down and always winning. We know. We all hate it. Now that you know, though, please move on.

Nina's always known, she said something almost identical to Phyllis right before she saw "Mike" and the whole mess kicked off!

• Love 2

Finally! Movement on the Trina/ Esme front AND Willow's convenientitus. 

I'm hoping Willow and Michael don't share that Willow would need genetic material to cure her whatever, and they lose the baby as a result. Or Carly learns too late to spill the secret and get Nina to save the baby. Carly deserves to lose everything for keeping this secret. Michael should cut her out of his life, and Willow should  leave Michael/Carly and their toxic 'win no matter what' attitude in the rear view. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Joss was such a snot on the stand today. I guess it’s not a surprise because she’s Carly’s spawn. I cannot believe that a teenage could get up on the stand in a courtroom and be so disrespectful. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at the "Baby Jonah Michael Corinthos" on the headstone.

Yeah, I thought that was weird.

Also, Willow sweetie, if your baby hadn't died...Lucas (who?) and Brad would have been his parents.  It was a closed adoption by your choice.

• Applause 4
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at the "Baby Jonah Michael Corinthos" on the headstone.

Yeah, I thought that was weird.

I could not figure that one out. It wasn't Michael's kid, and Michael is only a Corinthos by adoption anyways so that baby was no more a Corinthos then I am. Was that Carly's idea, so she could add the baby's grave to her baby hoard?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I wondered about that too but when they buried the baby and put on the plaque, they thought that it was Nelle and Michael's baby. It was only later that Willow found out that he was her birth child.

So now that Michael hates Sonny, will the new baby be spared the name 'Michael'?

• LOL 2
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, Willow sweetie, if your baby hadn't died...Lucas (who?) and Brad would have been his parents.  It was a closed adoption by your choice.

shhhh don't ruin her delusion

• Wink 2