Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I would recast Molly, sue me. And not even particularly because I think HP isn't decent but she/the character has just languished for so long, if they were serious about using her I feel like a fresh start would be the way to go.

You may be right. I'll give her a little longer to decide though.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Way to jump right into those very big shoes, NuTrina!

It’s kind of a shame the show didn’t pair up Jason and LastJordan when they had the chance. Between his blinking and her emotive eyebrow acting, the ocular romance could have been epic. 

I don’t know why, but this made me laugh a ridiculous amount.

Can someone explain to me why it was important to make the burner phone look exactly like Trina’s regular phone, same case and everything? Who would dress up their burner like that? If it was to make it look like it was Trina’s actual regular phone, how would that fly? It may be the same model, but it wouldn’t have the same Sim or registration, and I expect it’s blank other than the video. Unless Esme spent time writing up a bunch of fake texts and loaded it with stalker photos of Joss and Cam? I don’t get it.

Esme could have cloned Trina’s phone,, but that would also be weird. 

I watched for the first time in months.

I like the recast Trina. But where’s Taggert?! And why wouldn’t Trina say “as a daughter of a cop, I was taught to respect the law” and then throw shade at Spencer. Though I did love her telling him to Fuck Off. And even if Esme is pregnant, why treat her like a precious, vulnerable…oh, wait. I forgot what show this is. Though, I, like others, feel dirty for typing this, RELISHED Mooby threatening her ass.

And sorry, as much as I adore Shane/Mistah Sheffield Charles, he’s just not Victor. That scene with Mooby? Thao’s Victor would be more threatening.

Back to Trina and those  RIDONKULOUS scenes with the ADA, and Molly. I repeat, Frank and his minions need to just sit their asses down and watch one, just ONE episode of Law & Order between seasons 1-20 (21 is a vast disappointment), to learn the difference between an arraignment and trial. Also? Referring to Robert as “DA Scorpio” is just stupid. Just call him Scorpio! 

And for All that’s Holy, why would Trina even consider pleading guilty??!!!

• Love 7

Taggert was on a day or two ago at the PCPD, outraged about her arrest. He's been on and off for a couple weeks and the show is better for it. He has chemistry with Brook Kerr.

I didn't realize Scorpio is now DA. I didn't even know he had a law degree. That's not the role he should be playing, lol. Just give him back Fembot Jordan's job or make him a WSB liaison. The Cassadines in Port Charles should make the city a WSB strategic interest.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Yes. About Taggert. It's utterly stupid that Curtis is at court instead of Taggert. Curtis can be there to support Portia, but there's no reason Taggert shouldn't be there.

When Michael or any other idiot is at court, the whole family, extended family and hanger-on show up for support. So is it too much to ask to Taggert show up for his daughter? 

Honestly, the fucking fuck, show!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So if Brendan is back right when we found out that Harmony killed Neil, then I have to assume that the two are connected.

I liked the Neil actor.  He was spotted by Alexis while reading a book about Russian history.  It was one of the few plots not featuring a corinthos but there was an occasional corinthos scene (e.g., when Sonny was shaming Neil about his dead daughter).

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Taggert was on a day or two ago at the PCPD, outraged about her arrest. He's been on and off for a couple weeks and the show is better for it. He has chemistry with Brook Kerr.

I didn't realize Scorpio is now DA. I didn't even know he had a law degree. That's not the role he should be playing, lol. Just give him back Fembot Jordan's job or make him a WSB liaison. The Cassadines in Port Charles should make the city a WSB strategic interest.

Yeah, I had read original Taggert was back. I just think he should also be at the arraignment.

Another WTF move, Robert getting fired by the WSB, then a retconned law degree he never used. When did he ever have the time to study and pass the bar in New York? Either make him and Mac co-commissioners or Robert a liaison, like you said.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Yes. About Taggert. It's utterly stupid that Curtis is at court instead of Taggert. Curtis can be there to support Portia, but there's no reason Taggert shouldn't be there.

Curtis is so dismally boring. It's sad what's become of him vs. how charismatic Donnell Turner was when he first arrived and very publicly and naively thought he'd be given real story.

• Love 6

I'd like to read the google reviews for that yoga studio 😅

Poor Spencer, he is finally stepping up and taking responsibility like everyone has been harping on him about, but he is being loyal to the wrong person. Now that Esme will be at Windemere, Ava can lay down some rules. Like first thing first, take the pregnancy test.

I ff a lot today.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

Esme could have cloned Trina’s phone,, but that would also be weird. 

Yes, because then she would have two identical phones, which makes no sense, and how would the crack PC police force not see through that ridiculous master plan? … Oh, wait. never mind.

I wonder if the Neil overdose was always supposed to play out this way. Because while this show is notorious for letting storylines languish, two years between setup and payoff is a tad excessive, even for them. Maybe they just figured that dangling plot point would come in handy one day, and decided this would be a good way to use it?

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Way to jump right into those very big shoes, NuTrina!

It’s kind of a shame the show didn’t pair up Jason and LastJordan when they had the chance. Between his blinking and her emotive eyebrow acting, the ocular romance could have been epic. 

I don’t know why, but this made me laugh a ridiculous amount.

Can someone explain to me why it was important to make the burner phone look exactly like Trina’s regular phone, same case and everything? Who would dress up their burner like that?

If Trina opened her purse and saw a phone that she didn't recognize, she would know immediately that it wasn't hers and either get rid of it or start questioning why it was in her bag long before there could be a police station reveal.. This way if she finds the phone in her purse, she will identify it as hers. 

43 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Now that Esme will be at Windemere, Ava can lay down some rules. Like first thing first, take the pregnancy test.

Preferably with Ava watching.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I wonder if the Neil overdose was always supposed to play out this way. Because while this show is notorious for letting storylines languish, two years between setup and payoff is a tad excessive, even for them. Maybe they just figured that dangling plot point would come in handy one day, and decided this would be a good way to use it?

It’s possible. They teased a couple times that Neil’s OD and him being a drug addict didn’t make sense but quickly dropped it. Maybe they just didn’t think they could do that SL in the midst of Alexis relapsing and her prison stint since she’s pretty much the only one who knows him. Or it’s a quick rewrite to throw Harmony under the bus but  in that case, wouldn’t the truth about Willow be enough? Making her her new bff’s boyfriend’s murderer is overkill.

• Love 1

Esme is the new Peter, she's getting old fast. 

I'll take anyone else for Trina, she needs to be done with Spence and dump him on Esmes  doorstep. But oops she has none, where is she supposed to be living according to her "allowance?"

So the new cop was all smiling when Trina, Cam and Joss were hugging. Take him over Spencer Trina! 

Has anyone mentioned Jax's name during this sex tape? 

I can't with Michael and Willow. This kid will be better off with anyone else but them. They refuse to compromise when Wiley does like spending time with Nina. 

• Love 12

Oh my, Michael and Willow - exactly what pain did Nina cause Wiley? I seriously doubt he was aware that Sonny was away that long. 

Carly thinks that she's trying not to engage - right. 

It is also awfully convenient that everyone keeps ignoring the fact that Sonny didn't want to know anything about his "past life". 

And - what is the deal with the legal system in Port Charles? They either go too slow or too fast. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Oh my, Michael and Willow - exactly what pain did Nina cause Wiley?

So ridiculous.  And ever since someone here first mentioned it, everything Michael says comes off as emotional abusive/manipulative towards Willow.  The whole thanking Harmony for "taking care of Willow went I couldn't?" I swear I saw that 25 years ago on ER when Abby befriended her abused neighbor.

Ugh, I really, really cannot stand Diane.  She and Spinelli are like twin flames of mob apologists who looked down their noses on everyone else.  Can't wait til tomorrow when Brick shows up to blow smoke up Sonny's ass. 

Nina's dumb for thinking Carly would have a shred of compassion for her, but I laughed when Carly snarled how Nina was desperate for a connection with her dead daughter.  You can bet if some Vanderbilt flame of Morgan's showed up in town with his kid in tow she'd make that girl's life hell until she basically handed the kid over to the town baby hoarder. 

• Love 12

At this rate, they are going to charge Trina, offer her a deal to plead guilty, and have a trial before the actual police investigation is even finished! 

And here I thought we were going to get an Alexis/Harmony romance, which I was not mad at. (It would have been especially awesome seeing Sam's head explode.)  Harmony was being portrayed as someone who did her time and was sincerely trying to make amends. Her relationship with Alexis' was progressing organically. Now suddenly they are teeing her up to be the next super villain: She's working with Ryan! She stole Nina's baybay! She's lying to Willow! And Alexis! And Phyllis! She killed Neil! ...Might as well make her responsible for tormenting Liz and eating the last madeleine, too.    

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I can't with Michael and Willow. This kid will be better off with anyone else but them. They refuse to compromise when Wiley does like spending time with Nina. 

If Michael had a sliver of self awareness, he’d see the parallels with what he’s doing now and what Sonny and Carly did with him and AJ (and by the extension most of the Qs). Guess he isn’t allowed to talk about it anymore but he did develop a decent relationship with AJ as an adult over their wishes up until Sonny murdered him. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

At this rate, they are going to charge Trina, offer her a deal to plead guilty,

They already did that today. Stupid ADA told Scott and Trina it was in her best interest to plead guilty; that this was the “most generous” deal “DA Scorpio”(😒could offer. Stoopid show doesn’t even know that arraignment is for deciding bail.

But that’s par for the course for this FAKAKTA show.

• Love 5
On 3/30/2022 at 2:18 PM, tveyeonyou said:

This, because I find it hard to believe Jax wouldn't come back to support his daughter. After all, I'm sure Joss's sex tape is international news/sarcasm.

(Not talking about Ingo, that's a different subject, I just mean the character of Jasper Jax would be there for Joss.)

I agree, Jax would move heaven and earth to be by Joss's side while she is going through such a horrible experience.  It is an ideal time for a Jasper Jax recast.  

• Love 11

So, Neil's brother shows up to Alexis's office, a day after its revealed that Harmony was responsible for his death?  How convenient.  This show either slow burns stuff, or just rushes through storylines and conclusions like the world is coming to an end.

I just can't with the awkward Michael and Willow pairing anymore.  Their holier than thou, judgmental attitude about everyone and everything is just nauseating.  The splitting of Michael/Sasha and Chase/Willow was a major mistake.  The chemistry those couples had was undeniable.  The writers of this show seem to not like nice things.

G.H. can certainly use a dose of Valentin right now!!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They already did that today. Stupid ADA told Scott and Trina it was in her best interest to plead guilty; that this was the “most generous” deal “DA Scorpio”(😒could offer. Stoopid show doesn’t even know that arraignment is for deciding bail.

But that’s par for the course for this FAKAKTA show.

Why did they have to charge her immediately?  Normally this would be investigated for a day or two more at least.  Did they even bother to perform a forensic examination of the phone?  I’m sure the trial will be in a few weeks.  Even though I’m reality it would be late summer at a minimum.

35 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

So, Neil's brother shows up to Alexis's office, a day after its revealed that Harmony was responsible for his death?  How convenient.  This show either slow burns stuff, or just rushes through storylines and conclusions like the world is coming to an end.

I just can't with the awkward Michael and Willow pairing anymore.  Their holier than thou, judgmental attitude about everyone and everything is just nauseating.  The splitting of Michael/Sasha and Chase/Willow was a major mistake.  The chemistry those couples had was undeniable.  The writers of this show seem to not like nice things.

G.H. can certainly use a dose of Valentin right now!!

Is JPS off for awhile?  He’s been absent for weeks now.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Yes, because then she would have two identical phones, which makes no sense, and how would the crack PC police force not see through that ridiculous master plan? … Oh, wait. never mind.

So, I haven't watched all this week's episodes, but didn't Trina have two phones?!?! I know she left her bag unattended - something no woman would ever do ever - when she went to visit Spencer. Didn't Esme drop the other phone in her bag? I don't recall Esme switching the phones. Are we to believe Trina did not see two phones in her bag? If she was arrested, they didn't catalog her stuff and see she has TWO phones?! Jordan didn't ask her about the second phone in her possession? Did Jordan need to ask Trina for access to the phone? There was no fingerprint or code to open it up? All phones have some security. No one thought it was weird that it just opened up. Before this trial, is the defense gonna be permitted to have their expert look at the evidence? As someone mentioned, unless Esme cloned the phone, wouldn't it be clear it's not Trina's phone. And why would Trina keep the phone in her possession once the deed was done? If her actual phone was discovered, we're to believe she went through the trouble of getting a burner phone to record her friends potential sexcapades but then didn't ditch the phone once she posted the video? 

This plot is beyond lame! For me, it's up there w/Jordan accusing Griffin of murdering Kiki. He used his own knife, left a ton of blood in his apt, and then dragged her body to the HS - why? Why would he do that, Jordan? Why go the trouble of moving the body if you don't also clean up your apt? Ugh  . . . I cannot wait until this plot is over. 

I'm w/those who are just not entertained by Esme. It's a shame too b/c I like the actress and thought the character could have been a great "bad" girl to add to the show. Now, I just can't wait until she's gone. 

• Love 6

You know, I really see TJ and Molly as a potential long-haul couple on the show. Not in the sense that they will always be together, and I don’t want that, but it feels like the show is really investing in them as characters. And whether their storyline ends up good or bad, I am really enjoying see them as working adults in their careers. Though they’re rarely the front burner story, their jobs are a guarantee they will always be part of major storylines because someone in Port Charles will always need a lawyer or a doctor.

And I know they’re known as the boring couple, but I think they could really spice up that relationship because I think the actors have the chemistry to pull it off and bring the heat. Break them up for a bit for whatever reason so they can experience other relationships that work, then the show can make it where they can’t stay away from each other because of their history. I don’t know, just an idea.

9 hours ago, lala2 said:

So, I haven't watched all this week's episodes, but didn't Trina have two phones?!?! I know she left her bag unattended - something no woman would ever do ever - when she went to visit Spencer. Didn't Esme drop the other phone in her bag? I don't recall Esme switching the phones. Are we to believe Trina did not see two phones in her bag? If she was arrested, they didn't catalog her stuff and see she has TWO phones?! Jordan didn't ask her about the second phone in her possession? Did Jordan need to ask Trina for access to the phone? There was no fingerprint or code to open it up? All phones have some security. No one thought it was weird that it just opened up. Before this trial, is the defense gonna be permitted to have their expert look at the evidence? As someone mentioned, unless Esme cloned the phone, wouldn't it be clear it's not Trina's phone. And why would Trina keep the phone in her possession once the deed was done? If her actual phone was discovered, we're to believe she went through the trouble of getting a burner phone to record her friends potential sexcapades but then didn't ditch the phone once she posted the video? 

This! All of this! IT MAKES NO SENSE. I know I shouldn’t expect logic from this show, and I know the PC police force has a well established lack of brain power, but this particular situation has more holes than a porcupine’s underwear.

Honestly, sometimes it feels like they’re just trolling us.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, lala2 said:

Yes. Esme dropped the second phone in Trina's purse, then she called in the tip about Trina.

Jordan brought Trina in the station to speak to her "informally" after the tip about the sex tape came in. Trina wanted to show Jordan her phone to prove that she was innocent and had nothing like that on it. But she pulled out the fake phone to show Jordan, then her real phone pinged in her purse because she received a text message. That's when she realized she had two phones. 

Trina simply didn't know that she had two phones in the purse of convenience since she normally carries her cell phone in her back pocket and her books in a backpack.

This is all done for the sake of plot, and Trina should have a small idea when the phone was dropped in the purse of convenience, so logic need not apply here.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

At this rate, they are going to charge Trina, offer her a deal to plead guilty, and have a trial before the actual police investigation is even finished! 

I know. The time line for this is so screwy. I guess I can see her arraigned, but the PCPD should be doing more investigating. But then again, this is the PCPD. They're the worst.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. The time line for this is so screwy. I guess I can see her arraigned, but the PCPD should be doing more investigating. But then again, this is the PCPD. They're the worst.

Yes, obviously there's no reasonable doubt that someone could put a different, unlocked phone into a woman's purse that was left unattended in a minimum-security jail setting. 

I know this is GH and not L&O, but I can't imagine that Lt. Van Buren would not tell the detectives that they needed more substantial evidence than that, and even the lamest defense attorney would get the whole thing kicked out of court.  GH, you have to at least try to match reasonable TV versions of the law!

• Love 5

^^^^ Right?!?! And I'm still wondering how Trina didn't notice the phone she picked up was not hers. Even when she handed the phone to Jordan, did she not need to unlock it? Trina should have immediately known something was off even before her real phone pinged unless we're to believe Trina has no passcode/security for her own phone. And there has to be security cameras at Spring Ridge that caught Esme dropping the phone in Trina's unattended bag. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

And there has to be security cameras at Spring Ridge that caught Esme dropping the phone in Trina's unattended bag. 

That would entail someone looking for it, though, and there's no reason to unless she remembers--and tells the police AND they care--about all the places her purse was left unattended.  

As has been mentioned, the PC cops do the bare minimum, so unless Spinelli and his pounded-upon keyboard get involved...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Is my memory fuzzy? I KNOW the PCPD and the DA’s office were shown as COMPETENT under Sean and Mac. Did they turn into idiots and keystone cops when Frank took over? And with the first recast Jordan? Because I think it may have started when Anna took over the second time and then the Mayor replaced her with Vinessa’s Jordan.

It’s beyond stupid.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

The downfall of the PCPD began in the mid-to-late 90s, under Mac, with the ascendancy of Sonny and Jason, who got arrested a lot but no charges ever stuck and the DA (Dara Jensen) at the time couldn't convict anyone to save her life, and Mac and (especially) Taggert were hotheads whose dislike of the mob was treated like an unreasonable personal vendetta. Was the incompetence as egregious as it is today? No. But that's where it started.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

LOL that we're supposed to be in suspense as to Trina's plea. Of course she's going to plead not guilty; she didn't do it, and she's not completely stupid.

38 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

the DA (Dara Jensen) at the time couldn't convict anyone to save her life

That was when the justice system in PC started to go haywire, too, I think. Not that there weren't always outlandish cases, but there would be some attempt to be reasonable in a soap way. Now they barely try.

I wonder if MB finally put his foot down about Sonny drinking while on meds. And Sonny is sticking to it!

Oh, lord, if Brick is going to be Sonny's righthand man now, does that mean we'll see him more often? Doesn't Stephen A. Smith have another day job he can focus on? Ugh.

• Love 6

I carry purses large enough to fit a clipboard in, like the black and silver one Alexis had today, so that if I have to wait, I have something to do. Consequently I'm always losing things in my purse (and often finding them months later to my surprise). If I opened one up and saw a phone that looked like mine, I would assume that it was mine without looking to see if there is another in there.

I like Lucky Gold's writing. Spencer asking for a bomb shelter when Ava finds out that he and Esme are staying at Wyndermere, and Ava saying that yes she's heard of the First Amendment, it comes right before the Second were gorgeous.

When Ava saw Esme in the living room, I'm hoping that she had a "this has possibilities" expression on her face. But Nik is an idiot for not waylaying her and telling her before she got home.

Nina is bonkers.

What is this pod-Molly? She's suddenly all about Trina must be guilty because she was charged and insisting that old family friends call her Assistant ADA Lansing-Davis. This isn't the social justice fighter that she was a few years ago.

Brendan wants Alexis to pay for a funeral that he kicked her out of? Yeah, right.

Was Harmony a patient of Neil's? Or someone he was investigating wrt his daughter's death?

With Harmony confirmed as murdering Neil, I guess that's the end of the Alexis/Harmony friendship. A pity because she needs a friend who is less biased and less pushy than Diane.

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, lord, if Brick is going to be Sonny's righthand man now, does that mean we'll see him more often? Doesn't Stephen A. Smith have another day job he can focus on? Ugh.

Ugh indeed.  I don't think I can survive that.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm over the Trina is guilty business and Curtis hovering. So I'm not even gonna talk about it. Also, so much for social justice warrior Molly Davis-Lansing. Five minutes in and already part of the system, I see. Should have taken the generous plea deal from DA Scorpio. Way to go shit for brains! All talk and no action. 

From everything I know about Trina, she doesn't sound like the type of person who would do such a thing, but plead go ahead and plead guilty because of the generous terms.

STFU, Molly!

So I'm gonna skip over the unpleasantness and go straight to Harmony and Branden. Because I have to. I was thinking about him popping back up yesterday, and I thought that he was the one who put Harmony up to killing Neil because he stood to inherit from him. 

But now, I'm thinking that Neil was Harmony's shrink and that he knew everything about the big fat juicy secret she's keeping and that she freaked out and killed him because she thought he might be a threat to her. Mr. Penniless who inherited his brother's personal effects, including apparently his shrink notes on Harmony, is going to blackmail her. 

I didn't give a flying fig about the rest of the episode tbh. I don't care about Brick and his bad acting or his crush on Carly. I don't care about Jason being dead, although I'm really hoping YR decides they need Dylan back, so that the SBu danger is gone for a while. I don't care about Esme and her "pregnancy", but it's really good to see where Spencer's at and that baby jail has taught Spencer absolutely nothing.

Please, keep Trina, a perfectly decent character, away from that dumpster fire or immaturity.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nina is bonkers.

But she's right that Willow lets Michael steamroller her. I practically cheered when Nina said that to Harmony. It's too much to ask that Harmony will point that out to Willow, but at least someone has acknowledged that Willow is a doormat with her dunderhead husband.

Scott, gloating is very unattractive, and on GH it means you're going to botch this case.

Shut up, Molly. Sorry, Assistant DA Lansing-Davis. (I actually didn't mind that; Scott should treat her professionally.) A charge doesn't mean you're guilty. You should know that, you idiot.

I saw the actor playing the obnoxious reporter in some ad yesterday, and he was kind of unbearable there, too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But now, I'm thinking that Neil was Harmony's shrink and that he knew everything about the big fat juicy secret she's keeping and that she freaked out and killed him because she thought he might be a threat to her. Mr. Penniless who inherited his brother's personal effects, including apparently his shrink notes on Harmony, is going to blackmail her.

That is more plausible than my theory. Everything seems to be about Willow's maternity now, and Brendan seems to be the type to blackmail. I won't be sorry if Harmony knocks him off too.

(In most jurisdictions, a psychologist with a private practice is supposed to appoint a professional executor as well, someone who will destroy the patient notes after a certain amount of time to ensure privacy. Not in Port Charles, apparently.)

33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But she's right that Willow lets Michael steamroller her. I practically cheered when Nina said that to Harmony. It's too much to ask that Harmony will point that out to Willow, but at least someone has acknowledged that Willow is a doormat with her dunderhead husband.

This is typical GH though, that the only people who can truth-tell about the Corinthii are either crazy (Sam with cat litter sickness), villains, or those soon to be knocked off so that what they say can be dismissed.

Nina seems to be both villain (to Carly and Michael) and crazy.

Normally I like Molly ok but today she bugged.  Loved Scotty’s “oh brother” when she told him to call her Ms. Lansing- Davis or whatever nonsense.  I mean he called her by her first name it’s not like he said “hey you there”. The less said about her frosted hair and very sad eye makeup the better.

I’m not too bothered about Curtis being at the hearing since he was supporting Portia but Taggert should definitely have been there as well.  If Real couldn’t do it they should have at least had his fill in person attend.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That is more plausible than my theory. Everything seems to be about Willow's maternity now, and Brendan seems to be the type to blackmail. I won't be sorry if Harmony knocks him off too.

I'm worried it will end up being Alexis. Like he'll attack Harmony and Alexis will save her by beating him over the head with something, killing him in the process.

But now, I'm definitely wondering if Harmony and Neil had an encounter and a confrontation over the things he knows. He was in contact with Willow when she came to speak to Kristina. He knew she was in DoD. If he connected the dots, then it would have led him directly to Harmony. He probably figured out the whole thing.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 3

I love how they just slapped different furniture into Jax's old house. The colors don't work together at all.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This is typical GH though, that the only people who can truth-tell about the Corinthii are either crazy (Sam with cat litter sickness), villains, or those soon to be knocked off. Nina seems to be both villain (to Carly and Michael) and crazy.

True, but I appreciate that someone is saying it.

Well-played with Ava, Esmé. That was very soapy.

• Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
55 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nina is bonkers.

But she's right that Willow lets Michael steamroller her. I practically cheered when Nina said that to Harmony.

Both of these statements are correct.  Nina was an idiot to approach Carly about Wiley.  I hate to side with Carly EVER but that confrontation was all on Nina.  However, I also cheered when Nina said Willow had no backbone.  It’s true!  And if Michael and Carly tell Willow she needs to stay away from Harmony guess what….she will fold like a cheap suit.

Oh I forgot to mention NuTrina!  Loving her!  It’s got to be hard to step into a front burner story, especially when the original actress was so well liked.  She does have kind of a baby voice but she has been really strong.  I’m already seeing her as Trina, not just a replacement.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 3

I get Molly publicly siding with the DA's position. That's her direct boss standing right there, talking to the defence attorney. Molly isn't going to say anything BUT the partyline, this is the first case she's been asked to 2nd chair in, she's not going to stupidly speak her mind and jeopardize that at all.

But it would be really good if she had a follow up scene with TJ or Alexis where she talks about feeling conflicted and with Joss/Cam showing up to support Trina at the bail hearing, it really made her doubt what path the DA was going down.

• Love 8
(edited)
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Shut up, Molly. Sorry, Assistant DA Lansing-Davis. (I actually didn't mind that; Scott should treat her professionally.)

I mean he used her first name.  He didn’t call her a broad or anything, and I love Scotty but ya gotta admit that wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. 

Also why is it “Lansing-Davis” instead of the other way around?  Is it just because she was mostly raised by Alexis or is it supposed to be feminist thing?  And if either case is true, I don’t know why she would bother with the Lansing part at all.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

If he connected the dots, then it would have led him directly to Harmony. 

Giving her a motive to kill him.

Hey, it's better than she did it at the behest of Cyrus even if it is a couple of years too late. 🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I love how they just slapped different furniture into Jax's old house. The colors don't work together at all.

That was soooo ugly. Hey, if you can afford a multi-million dollar beachside house, maybe keep a bit back for an interior decorator.

13 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I mean he used her first name.  He didn’t call her a broad or anything, and I love Scotty but ya gotta admit that wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. 

He didn't use the DA's first name, though. Molly deserves the same. But at least he took the correction somewhat gracefully and didn't patronize her.

13 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Also why is it “Lansing-Davis” instead of the other way around?  Is it just because she was mostly raised by Alexis or is it supposed to be feminist thing?  And if either case is true, I don’t know why she would bother with the Lansing part at all.

I think Molly and Rick have always had a decent relationship, and she wanted to honor that and the fact that Alexis did most of the parenting. I have vague memories of when she decided to use both names, and neither Rick nor Alexis objected. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I carry purses large enough to fit a clipboard in, like the black and silver one Alexis had today, so that if I have to wait, I have something to do. Consequently I'm always losing things in my purse (and often finding them months later to my surprise). If I opened one up and saw a phone that looked like mine, I would assume that it was mine without looking to see if there is another in there.

I get why Trina didn’t notice the phone wasn’t hers at first (though she should have noticed it unlocked without a passcode or Face ID). But why did Esme think this would work? Trina’s other phone, which is linked to her account and which has all sorts of records to prove it is her phone, still exists in her possession. So the plan is that Trina got a burner phone and then made it match her real phone? It makes absolutely no sense. Esme is lucky the PCPD are tragically stupid. 

• Love 7