Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Did not mind seeing the retrospective of hot Chase looks, but do Brooklyn and Chase really warrant a 90 minute montage at this point? What's next, Austin and Maxie?! 

I turned to the last couple minutes of the show and I caught that nonsense.  I rolled my eyes, changed the channel, waited a couple seconds and then turned back.  It was still on!  How long did that montage need to be?!  I know they’re pets and the idiot head writers are in love with them but still.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Please let BL and Chase get together in a somewhat normal way. Please do not drag this out over the next 6-9 months. By then, we’ll all be done with GH.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, if he wants to fuck her the entire time they're in Paris, that's a gigantic waste of Paris. 

Seriously.  Buy a poster of the Eiffel Tower and put it on the ceiling over your bed (because yes, I'm sure their ~amazing sex life consists of missionary position and nothing else) and call it a day.

16 hours ago, lala2 said:

I thought both moms (Carly and Liz) did a good job w/their kids. I'm also glad they pointed out the double standard b/c that is true to life.

Those were good scenes by all four.  I, too, liked Cam pointing out how he was getting virtual high-fives--you could see how uncomfortable the whole thing made him. 

I LOL'd at Finn's reaction to Chase's "how are u?" text.  Michael Easton has the best dry delivery on the show. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

The only couple that seems to have moved at a timely pace is Sante but they will probably never get anything more substantial than investigating other people's plots.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

The only couple that seems to have moved at a timely pace is Sante

Probably the best evidence that Lulu is gonna wake up soon. They reek of free parking until a better story comes along.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Grinaldi said:

Probably the best evidence that Lulu is gonna wake up soon. They reek of free parking until a better story comes along.

I don't know. If they only let go of ER/wrote off Lulu just for Lante or Sante angst that seems a bit extreme. I think she isn't waking up until Sante are (bleh) walking down the aisle. And that could be a while.

I enjoyed Carly and Liz in mom mode, literally getting down to their kids level and letting them vent. I also liked that they didn’t shame them about having sex. It makes sense that Cam is handling this better, the double standard is real and while he’s getting high fives Joss has to be called a slut. I’m glad they addressed that as well.

Even so I’m not looking forward to Snarly being activated. I’m so sick of that smug smile of hers.  The worst. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I LOL'd at Finn's reaction to Chase's "how are u?" text.  Michael Easton has the best dry delivery on the show. 

I wish the writers would use that more. I cracked up at how Chase emphasized he didn't spell out "you" but used "u." ME and JC work so well together.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish the writers would use that more. I cracked up at how Chase emphasized he didn't spell out "you" but used "u." ME and JC work so well together.

It was such a great scene because both actors sold it beautifully.  Also Finn's uttered "millenials" with the implied eyeroll, lol.

• Love 5

The Chase/Brooklynn montage wasn't any more annoying than doing flashbacks from a scene that happened yesterday.

How stupid is Joss that she waits until the next morning to attempt to have the video taken down?

• Love 5
21 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Opening the episode with Michael and Willow is never a good idea. Let's keep the gagging to a minimum, please and thanks.

And every single scene when they first appear is mentioning some amazing something Wiley did. So annoying. That’s all they talk about. 

Oh, and I loved how when Willow said something about a dog, Michael says “We’ll see.” What the fuck gives him the right to make all decisions? Hate them both, but him a smidge more. 

I kept waiting for Willow to apologize to Brooklyn, but of course she didn’t. Such a terrible character. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, ciarra said:

How stupid is Joss that she waits until the next morning to attempt to have the video taken down?

Not everyone can have the skills and experience of crack PI Sam McCall and has Spinelli's phone number on speed dial. 

• LOL 6

I think they struck gold making them brothers. Chase's spelling the "u" instead of "you" making it sound like he was so suave was pretty funny. 

It reminded me of Alexis on Schitt's Creek calling a guy chill because he spelled it "sup" instead of "what's up."

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I agree it would have been smarter to get right on that, but I'm ready to believe that the video was so humiliating that she didn't think clearly. Sometimes you just want to ignore a problem that you aren't prepared to handle. When I was her age, I don't know that I'd be able to tell my parents about it. (My parents wouldn't have been able to do anything about it, but still...)

• Love 5
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Aren't they father and son? It was dumb to do that, because it hasn't really changed anything, but TFGH.

No.  They found out they aren’t around the time Chase was sick. I forget the details, but so glad they kept them brothers. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Even so I’m not looking forward to Snarly being activated. I’m so sick of that smug smile of hers.  The worst. 

If it leads to Snarly being unleashed on that insufferable (TM Emily Gilmore) Esme, I'm all for it. She's beyond annoying, everything she does is so damn obvious.

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Aren't they father and son? It was dumb to do that, because it hasn't really changed anything, but TFGH.

They were father and son for a hot minute. Chase was poisoned and Finn used his DNA to make the antidote, but when it didn't cure Chase, he realized that Chase wasn't his son and used Grergory's DNA instead. 

Then Gregory and Jackie fell into a black hole to never be seen or heard from again.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

No.  They found out they aren’t around the time Chase was sick. I forget the details, but so glad they kept them brothers. 

I have no memory of this whatsoever, LOL. But yeah, they work much better as brothers. 

• Love 1

I didn't hate Carly yesterday. I should circle the date on the calendar. 🙂  

Of course, they made up for that by shoving Michael and Willow front and center again. Ugh. I'm sorry but Michael calmly discussing Sonny killing AJ as this little bump in the road. I hate these writers sometimes. And CD doesn't help. 

• Love 10

I think Chase and Finn's best relationship is with each other tbh.

I actually didn't hate Carly on Friday(I know it won't last but still) I rather see her involved in Joss's problems than ranting about Sonny/Nina. 

Also enjoyed Liz with her boys(which I like best compared to her romances). All that was missing was Portia/Trina (who should discuss her being drugged but I digress)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

Of course, they made up for that by shoving Michael and Willow front and center again. Ugh. I'm sorry but Michael calmly discussing Sonny killing AJ as this little bump in the road. I hate these writers sometimes. And CD doesn't help. 

That's what ticked me off so much. Just "oh, yeah, I guess you heard, Sonny killed AJ, it was a bummer, so. let's talk about boys!"  Not even a pause or anything like it actually mattered to him. 

This is why I honestly really want someone (AJ'S secret Kid(s) ) to come along and just shatter his world to pieces.and that he isn't the chosen one. Like Michael is more pissed off that Nina didn't tell anyone about Sonny being alive (and for longer) - than being pissed off that Sonny murdered his birth father. 

Honestly just remove brando and sasha, and include  AJ's secret family and poof. 

• Love 11
On 3/12/2022 at 7:35 AM, mostlylurking said:

I enjoyed Carly and Liz in mom mode, literally getting down to their kids level and letting them vent. 

Say what you will about Carly, she is really good with her kids. So why are Joss and Michael so awful? 

On 3/12/2022 at 1:04 PM, ulkis said:

Finn is Chase's brother/dad/doctor/little league coach lol.

“My brother, my son, my brother, my son… It’s Port Charles, Jake.”

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Say what you will about Carly, she is really good with her kids. So why are Joss and Michael so awful? 

because they are spoiled. while she's good with them. she also indulges them and never truly puts the foot down. like even when Sonny is all "I'M YOUR FATHER, DON'T TALK TO ME THAT WAY." he never follows up on it. it's just hot air

• Love 7

They're awful in a very specific way. Michael isn't battering women or drunkenly groping servers, and Josslyn isn't a stereotypical rich "mean girl" driving her peers to eating disorders and mocking less fortunate people. They just think they're the center of the universe, expect deference and privilege, and see only their own side of something. When they hurt people, they always have a "good reason," and the other person needs to get over it. When they're hurt, it's inexcusable. "That was different!" is their mantra.  

It's no mystery how they got that way.  

I guess they're "well characterized." If you think Carly is insufferable, you think these two extensions of her are insufferable too. If you think Carly is awesome (and some viewers do), then you think Michael and Joss are the bright future of Port Charles and almost never in the wrong.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Because Carly is a terrible person. Being good with her kids doesn't change that.

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I guess they're "well characterized."

I have to grudgingly agree with this. As @Asp Burger wrote, it's no mystery how Michael and Joss got the way they are. I do wish there were more substantial conflict between the kids and Carly and Sonny, but that would require Michael, especially, to grow a spine and enforce boundaries, which he'll never do.

I like how LW goes all in with Carly's terribleness. She's not afraid of things getting ugly, whereas I think MB really hates any sign of weakness in Sonny, and CD and EM aren't skilled enough actors to give Michael and Joss layers. 

• Love 12

I hate how much being paired with Michael has ruined Willow. She had no reaction to the whole, Sonny killed my Biological father, that was a 'rough patch'... That is some major disfunction.

Michael has learned from Carly that you must demonize your enemies. Willow tells Nina she doesn't see a way she and Michael will ever let Nina see Wiley, so Nina wants to assert her legal right. And somehow that's Nina starting a battle, and not Millowtonin using their kid to punish Nina. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

I hate how much being paired with Michael has ruined Willow. She had no reaction to the whole, Sonny killed my Biological father, that was a 'rough patch'... That is some major disfunction.

At the same time, it'd be weird if she cared when it doesn't seem like even Monica does any more. Having Sonny kill AJ with barely any repercussions, especially between him and Michael, was one of the biggest mistakes the show made.

• Love 7

this annoys me. BLQ says "this is just bad feelings right?"
and Chase goes "right."
sorry - at this point own your feelings. 

and I'll say this to BLQ too. why the heck are you putting it all on Chase. if you like him. risk it for the biscuit. geeze. 

Cam: "this could cost me Josslyn." (be thankful). 

Carly: "i barely touched her" (theoretically you shouldn't have touched her at all, Carly). 

i love Lydia Look's voice. (and Auntie's coat)

Cam and Spencer entire sequence was great.

I want a Chase.  the end
actually I want Laura Wright/Eden McCoy hair. the end.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Well played Esme!

Cameron, you should be so lucky as to lose Josslyn over this. I am so tired of this plotline and the Josslyn brave&strong constant propping. I would care more if Joss was going to realize what an awful person she is and learned some empathy for others but all it's going to do is make Joss even more narcissistic and arrogant while everyone, from Cameron to Trina to Spencer, is going to keep saying how wonderful she is.

If Nelle slashing Brook Lynn's throat is going to be a pot point, should makeup have put some sort of scar on her?

Why isn't Brad looking for a job at the other hospitals in town?  And I need more motivation for why Selina Wu wants to keep Brad from Britt.

"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends."  I'm stealing that.

12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

They're awful in a very specific way. Michael isn't battering women or drunkenly groping servers, and Josslyn isn't a stereotypical rich "mean girl" driving her peers to eating disorders and mocking less fortunate people. They just think they're the center of the universe, expect deference and privilege, and see only their own side of something. When they hurt people, they always have a "good reason," and the other person needs to get over it. When they're hurt, it's inexcusable. "That was different!" is their mantra.  

It's no mystery how they got that way. 

Carly is half a good parent -- she's there when someone hurts her kids. But the other half, teaching them humility and concern for other people, she's a complete failure at.

When Josslyn was rejecting Cameron for thinking that Jason had murdered Franco, a good parent would have pointed out that Cameron had reason and that she needed to support her old friend in his pain, not reject him for not following Saint Jaysus blindly.

A good parent would have kept a relationship between AJ and Michael, encouraged time for Avery and Ava together instead of fighting to keep Avery from her mother. And then there's Wylie who she's fighting to keep from his grandmother...

• Love 12

I like Chase and BL together, but critters on a cracker, this thing is moving at glacial pace. Either we have a case like Sam/Dante who moved incredibly quickly, or we have Chase and BL. A tortoise is faster than those two. 

It's not high school, guys. One of you wimps take the dive and no more singing, please. That was pretty cringe.

Carly manhandling Esme was just . . . yeah. Esme using the bruise daddy left on her arm was well played on her part. Her crocodile tears were over the top comical. And men sure like a damsel in distress, don't they! Call me Nikolas 🤨

Spencer twisting himself into a pretzel to not accuse Esme was very much on brand, but it was nice to see Cam taking a stand. Cam plays second fiddle to Joss all the time, and it was nice to see him have a scene with someone who wasn't her. He's been with her all the time since  they started dating.

The look on Aunt Selina's face when she saw Brad and Britt together was a tad scary. That was not a happy auntie at all. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

actually I want Laura Wright/Eden McCoy to end.

Fixed this for you.

So a Nelle redux is on slate whereby it will be all about Carly against a psycho woman half her age.  

The worse thing that Joss has suffered in her life is from this tape and not because of anything her rotten parents have done.

Glad that Selina/actress is back despite being mob bound.

• Love 5

Can I please complain about Esme? Is anyone else disappointed w/the direction of this story? 

I do not have a problem w/bad or gray characters. Heck, those kind of characters are my favorite. I loved Todd Manning. I loved Franco. Britt has always been a fave, and y'all know I have always loved Brad. I love a "bad" character, but I hate the direction they've taken Esme. I hate that she has a connection to Ryan and not Ava directly, which could have been more interesting. I hate that Ryan is obsessed w/breaking up Nava and being w/Ava. I hate the idea of Esme seducing Nikolas (or faking like she did). I just hate the idea of all of it and have no interest in seeing any of that play out. None of that is what I wanted or hoped to see w/the character. IMO, the teen group needed some stirring up so I was happy for a "bad girl" to join the group, but I can tell Esme is not "normal bad;" she is "whacky bad," and we just got that w/Nelle. Did we need to see that again? 

And why are they making Spencer stupid w/r/t his girlfriend?!? He thought it was Cameron and not his girlfriend who willingly torched a car and left a mother her dead daughter's badge to taunt her?!?! Huh?! The first part of those scenes made no sense. I missed the second half of the show but know Spencer apologized to Cameron, but I'm still trying to figure out why he thought Cameron would do that in the first place. 

Anyway, I was hoping Esme would stick around. The actress is good and she was giving the teen group the boost of energy it ended, but I have a feeling she will go the way of Nelle and Peter. I wish they had thought of a better story for her. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

So a Nelle redux is on slate whereby it will be all about Carly against a psycho woman half her age.  

This is definitely where it's head. Down to Esme seducing or "seducing" Nikolas like Nelle did.

Didn't Ryan do something to Carly when he was pretending to be Kevin? Wasn't he the reason she was committed to Shadybrooke and got her brain zapped or something?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1

After so many fakeouts I’m having a hard time actually accepting that Peter is most sincerely dead. They built up his evilness way too much to the point that I think any ending would have been unsatisfying. But it’s definitely been anticlimactic. 

God I hate when Carly puts her hands on people!  And she has done it so many times!  I remember she did it to Valentin once and the disgusted look he gave her was epic. Hands to yourself Snarls!  Love the new ‘do though. 

• Love 4

I never ever got a beach house vibe from Jax's place. Ever. Looks like a dusty warehouse to me.

Carly vs Ryan - interesting idea. 

(When he finds out she hurt his little protege.)

• LOL 3

I legit wondered who's funeral BLQ was at at the beginning of the show. The music and the flowers totally threw me. But look at Chase, being an adult and trying to talk things out with BLQ.

"Unlike you, I owned up to what I was accused of." Uh, when exactly was that, Spencer? You're still a little shaky on the whole responsibility thing, especially where Ava is concerned.

"Crime or no crime, my life is destroyed." Drama queen much, Joss? No one cares, but if you keep bringing it up, you're the one giving it legs. Laugh it off and move on. I'm mildly curious to see how they handle the legal side of this.

"The players are from a myriad of backgrounds." Oh, Show. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, seasons said:

Carly vs Ryan - interesting idea. 

That would be a much fairer fight than Carly vs Esme

5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Anyway, I was hoping Esme would stick around. The actress is good and she was giving the teen group the boost of energy it ended, but I have a feeling she will go the way of Nelle and Peter.

The writing was on the wall when she went up against one of Carly's kids.

3 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

The worse thing that Joss has suffered in her life is from this tape and not because of anything her rotten parents have done.

If they really want me to think that Carly is such a great parent, have something mob-related happen to her kid, like getting shot in the head or dying in a car crash because of mob associations, and then have her step back from the mob to protect her kids. Instead she just goes all in on mobby.

• Love 5

I just watched the past 2 weeks over the weekend so feel like I just saw this. 

Willow's line to Carly was "there is no path to you seeing Wylie THIS SATURDAY".   Not, "There is no path to you seeing Wylie ever again", which is what Nina seems to have heard and reacted to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Willow's line to Carly was "there is no path to you seeing Wylie THIS SATURDAY".   Not, "There is no path to you seeing Wylie ever again", which is what Nina seems to have heard and reacted to.

to be fair, willow was acting like she meant forever when she was whinging to Michael. lol

54 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Fixed this for you.

no. no need. i actually very much enjoy Laura Wright (and her hair). I will forever and always hate Carly but I have been a a great fan of LW's work and her love of soaps. Carly can end tomorrow and I shan't shed a tear though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Can I please complain about Esme? Is anyone else disappointed w/the direction of this story? 

I don't like that they had a teen girl torch a car (how she was able to do this?) then have no consequences,...well Esme says she is taking responsibility but really, she should be in jail for this. I don't mind conniving and sneaky but the stuff they have had her do is too illegal not to be arrested for. And seducing Nikolas is such a rerun plot line  (Nelle, Carly). The actress is good, I wish the writing was better, 

LW's new do is the perfect  combination of blow out and her natural curls. 

I am glad that Britt and Brad stayed at the fancy restaurant to at least finish their champagne. I hate on tv when people go to restaurants and then leave before they have even eaten, or worse, right after they have ordered.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I never ever got a beach house vibe from Jax's place. Ever. Looks like a dusty warehouse to me.

Well, there are two surfboards propped against the wall in the hallway. <rme>

The (hideous) "artwork" over the fireplace is more funereal than beachy.

jax.jpg

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 2
On 3/13/2022 at 3:00 PM, Daisy said:

That's what ticked me off so much. Just "oh, yeah, I guess you heard, Sonny killed AJ, it was a bummer, so. let's talk about boys!"  Not even a pause or anything like it actually mattered to him. 

This is why I honestly really want someone (AJ'S secret Kid(s) ) to come along and just shatter his world to pieces.and that he isn't the chosen one. Like Michael is more pissed off that Nina didn't tell anyone about Sonny being alive (and for longer) - than being pissed off that Sonny murdered his birth father. 

Honestly just remove brando and sasha, and include  AJ's secret family and poof. 

LOL at you thinking that they would care about AJ enough to go through all the trouble. I mean I like your scenario but if his only child is treating it as an afterthought a long lost kid will care even less. This show through most writing regimes(except maybe Culliton's) has always treated AJ like the black sheep.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Didn't Ryan do something to Carly when he was pretending to be Kevin? Wasn't he the reason she was committed to Shadybrooke and got her brain zapped or something

I think Carly got out of Ferncliff before Ryan switched places with Kevin. I think it was all on Nurse Mary Pat wanting her to get the shock therapy. She ended up there because Diane made her plead guilty by reason of insanity to "pushing" Nelle down the stairs. I think that's right. Lol 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends."  I'm stealing that.

LOL, it's a couple hundred years old*, but I like Brad's retro style.

Carly vs. Nelle round two doesn't really play, because it really is gross to assault an 18-year-old, especially when you have a rather spectacular home court advantage. 

Curtis, don't you do it. 

*Damn, I just reread this and I did NOT mean it to sound that snarky. I'm really sorry if it landed that way.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 5