Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

a cow? 
my head cannon is, this is what esme needs to make up to Cam when they become a major couple.

Sure, we'll go with that. 

And, yeah, there has to be a stumbling block besides "you were a meany" cause if he likes Joss, that's obviously not an issue.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Today's Show

Jasonlite and Anna find Felicia's Car.  We also a recap of yesterdays end-slate. I missed this. Maxie says if you're going to kill me because you don't love me, then admit you are a monster. (um. no - admit that you are pathetic LOL) haha Felicia goes is he dead? he didn't even fall that far. Team WSB show up - and Jasonlite is like "he's alive, but he's barely breathing." (again. he barely fell that far. so like. does he have this thing that if he falls, he goes insta semi-dead?)

Jasonlite is calling an ambulance (why?) apparently Peter is dying (how?) Peter cries out weakly for Maxie who looks sadz. Peter is like "i can't feel my legs." Maxie goes do you want my sympathy? You tried to kill me five minutes ago! Lisel paid for your crimes, Drew lost 2 years of his life, Franco and Jason is dead(the only bright spot of all of this). Peter rasps out he'll never leave Maxie. Jasonlite goes NOPE! you're going to spend the rest of your life in a cell - so fitting.  Anna shows up and says the paramedics are on the way.  Felicia wants to know if she's in trouble. Anna goes nope. We'll deal with it. Peter sobs out to Maxie he's scared. Maxie goes i'm leaving.. Peter laughs in pain at Anna "it's just us." Anna goes. "yeah. just us." (i am just laughing because. honestly... Peter is dying basically tripping down a flight of 5 steps. haha) 

Anna says he's her responsiblity because she was dumb to trust in him. Peter goes you were always soft hearted. Anna goes. i always try to see the best of people. but sometimes people just are too black to save. You are like your father. entitled and selfish. Peter looks at her. "you didn't call the ambulance, did you?" Anna says no. Peter goes "so you are leaving me to die alone?" Anna goes "no one deserves to die Alone." Peter gasps out Anna's name before he dies. Anna sobs. (I scream STAKE HIM IN THE HEART! Also laughing because again he didn't even fall that far). Anna says it's over, cries. and Peter is left in the snow.(salt?) alone. (you know. the same Peter who fell down the stairs and Liz and Finn thought he was dead so MAYBE you should just wait until the WSB shows Lollipop Guild verify that he's most sincerely dead. Also. again). 

Austin and Britt are like no word on Maxie. Austin goes if Maxie gets hurt because of my actions I can't forgive myself. BLQ is like "This is YOUR fault? What did you do now?"

BLQ screams that they did everything to protect Baileylou and Austin ruined it by being buddy buddy to Sheffield. Austin goes "WHOA! I am not friends with him. YOU lie so much I'm surprised YOU aren't bffs with Sheffield!"  Britt and Chase break it up.  HAHA they both go okay. but Austin goes I agree with BLQ... eww. hah. 

Mac and Robert don't know where Felicia is. Mac goes I knew she wouldn't stay on the sidelines. CLQ are there to visit Mac. Mac introduces Baileylou to Robert. CLQ remind them  the baby responds to Bailey but thy are calling her Louise sometmes now. Robert trills how much the baby looks like Maxie. BLQ sadly goes "yes. she does."

Felicia calls Mac and everyone is great! They are all we're fine, baby is fine, she's waiting for you!. Robert wants to more important details - "What happened to Petah". Infodumps abound.  OH okay Maxie goes "Felicia attacked him with a tire iron." this makes sooo much sense..

Lucy trills how amazing it is that it's so warm to Nina. But Lucy wants to talk about Sasha (Who is still nuSasha). Nina and Lucy are like Sasha is avoiding grief, that's why she called us, blegh blegh. Lucy is also sad she can't cuddle up to Col. Tad. 

Sasha meets this bluehair chick who is like hey! you want a pick me up? Sasha goes, I don't do this anymore. Bluehair chick goes well call me!  Sasha looks contemplative. Anyway Nina and Lucy show up now for the meeting.. they are awkward as they look at the portfolio. its really good though. Lucy gets a phone call from Col Tad and splits. Sasha infodumps Nina about the Brando situation. Sasha goes she can't lose Brando either

Sonny is gonna get drunk. Whatever. Brando shows up and is all "good to see it." Sonny goes is it. Sonny goes I was going to call you but I lost track of time.. Brando goes you don't have to keep tabs on me. Sonny is all you family boy, you aren't alone. Brando goes this is a two way street. (Oh look Brando drew the whinging card). now they are getting drunk. Sonny is like i know how it is to lose a child. But you got Sasha. Brando wants to be there for Sonny. Divorce-infodump. (I wish MB didn't stutter and mumble so much). anyway Brando goes. the girls will know how much you love them because #bestdadever. Sonny goes you should never assume how the person you love feels. Sonny says to Brando you can BIG. GESTURE. Sasha. (in Niagara Falls).  Brando leaves. Sonny is gonna drunk call Carly then goes not a good idea. 

Brando shows up at Kellys. Meeting is over.  Brando wants Sasha to run away with him to Niagara Falls, or a B&B or something. Sasha looks like she'd rather do anything than be with Brando and she goes "fine let's go to Niagra Falls"

Maxie and Felicia infodump Jasonlite. Felicia is really into this infodump. LOL Anna shows up. "Peter is dead" goes Anna. "Are you sure? Maxie says. "I saw him take his last breath." assures Anna. Maxie sobs and Anna cries quietly. 

BLQ infodumps Austin, Lisel and Britt. Chase comes and tells everyone that Peter is dead. Britt goes. "are you sure? we though this before." Chase goes "anna saw him take his last breath." Lisel goes. "THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATIONS! BRITTA DO YOU HAVE ANY LIBATIONS!" 

Sonny decides to drunk call nina and basically goes. "I'm not sure if this is Sonny or Mike. Sonny is having a bad day right now, so Mike be a better option, and i know how much you loovveeeeeeeeeee Mike." but he so wants to just talk to someone. 

Robert is getting info dumped by Anna. Anna says she needs to call Val. Robert is like whatever if you have to and hangs up. Lisel shows up and Robert is like "the hell you want" Lisel goes come now. the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Let's celebrate. Robert goes "We both despised Peter" and takes the bottle.

Britt is happy that Faison's bloodline ends with Peter. (umm hello... James and Louise?) anyway. Austin goes "so no kids for Britt?" 

Felicia wants to talk to Anna. Anna admits she didn't call the ambulance. But she wanted to make sure he was dead. Felicia goes I think you did the right thing. But do you regret it? Anna goes I regret that I couldn't stop him sooner. the Peter I cared for, the one I thought was my son, never existed. Felicia goes because of you (Anna goes us), the nightmare is over. 

CLQ are eating chips. Chase is happy that BLQ is happy. BLQ is yes! Maxie gets her daughter back. And she sighs. BLQ says it's going to be hard. but that was the point to keep her safe. There's no more concern. How can I not be happy. Chase goes the reason why this worked is because people thought the worse of you. I can't wait to people to realize how noble you are. They go into their we're awesome. what's the look for, we're a great team. and... Chase kisses BLQ! BLQ Kisses him back! KISSING!!

Anna is saying WSB team will be there. Dante is at the airport. Maxie is like we're going home it's over?" Anna assures her that Peter is really dead. no more haunting. Maxie sobs she could only imagine this moment. Felicia is like you can bring Louise home and she can meet her siblings. Felicia mouths thank you. Anna nods.  Jasonlite and Anna share a look.

Mac and Robert are infodumping how they really didn't see any of this coming but Louise! mommy is coming home.

Britt goes. "nope, no babies for me." they are all trilling how Maxie is coming home, living her life. Britt goes. you can be with maxie.

More Kissing!!! BLQ breaks it off. She says it's one way to celebrate it good news. Chase goes. "a good way?" BLQ is like let's clean up. Chase goes. we should get Bailey home. BLQ goes this is going to be our last night as Bailey' parents. sad faces

Brando is like i'm so glad this is going to work! Yay sonny! Sasha is like ahuh. Brando goes text me when you get home? Sasha goes "ahuh." Brando leaves. Sasha goes back into Kelly's. She talks to bluehair chick. She needs something to get through the next few days.  

Sony is drunk and has his keys.  He can drive.  (honestly. i wish he did an hit joss). Nina stops him. Sonny grins like a baffoon. Nina just shakes her head at him.

Show ends

• Love 8

I still don't trust Peter's death. Didn't Anna leave his "dead" body by itself? I'm also working so maybe I missed when the WSB came to collect it?! LOL! 

I hope he's dead of course but I don't know. All the declarations of him being dead and everyone being celebratory made me think the exact opposite. I needed to see a sheet pulled over his face as they did w/my Franco. LOL! 

• Love 10

Color me surprised that they’re revisiting cokehead Sasha because they barely wrote that SL during the first go around. No one noticed she was using for months up until right before she ODed and she never struggled with the addiction after getting out of the hospital. I think the big issue was that she didn’t have a close onscreen circle to play that type of SL out with but I don’t think much has changed a year later. She has Brando and the people she works with but that’s all unless they decide to try to make Brasha central to the Corinthii again like they did for Liam’s death but that came off extremely hallow.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 4

Smoke or steam is coming from a car off the road and Drew wonders if it crashed?

5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I still don't trust Peter's death. Didn't Anna leave his "dead" body by itself? I'm also working so maybe I missed when the WSB came to collect it?! LOL! 

It's a Wednesday, so I don't trust the death, either.

• Love 4

I don't know that leaving Peter's body unattended is such a good thing. You're in the middle of the woods. Grab branches, funnel gasoline from the crashed car and light a pyre, then toss the body in. 

I hope Felicia insured her rental. 

Drew seems extremely dim. Aside from how much he loves Scout, he's got nothing in common with the original. 

Chase/BL kiss was a very soapy kiss. BLQ's skirt actually showcased her legs and her blazer wasn't as long or as boxy as they usually are. It was still a size too big, but that's some improvement there.

Nobody should be taking advice from Sonny. When Sonny says he has a piece of advice and then tells you to crowd your s/o even though said s/o wants some space, run the other way. If Sasha needs a hit of coke to help her get through her getaway with Brando, then I think that this might be a problem that is deeper than the loss of Liam. I was expecting that they might circle back to the addiction storyline with her, but I'm still a little surprised by it.

Watch out! Britt is now in line for a baby.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I hope he's dead of course but I don't know. All the declarations of him being dead and everyone being celebratory made me think the exact opposite. I needed to see a sheet pulled over his face as they did w/my Franco. LOL! 

I'll join the group at the skeptic's table. I fully expected the last shot of the show to be an empty spot where Petah's body used to be. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Another supposed, open ended death today with Peter.  The same character that fell down the stairwell and was declared dead by two medical professionals.  Being a fan of Peter's, looking forward to his return in a year or two.

I was hoping that they wouldn't go the lazy route and restart the Sasha drug addiction story line.  Leave it to G.H. to let me down every time.  The only thing that would add any excitement, would be Sasha to go down the falls in a barrel, high as a kite! I'm kidding of course.

I assume the ability to reactivate of Drew, died with Peter?

• Love 2

Johnny, your customer is clearly drunk. Why are you continuing to serve him? 

15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nobody should be taking advice from Sonny. When Sonny says he has a piece of advice and then tells you to crowd your s/o even though said s/o wants some space, run the other way.

Sonny learned nothing from his own failed grand gesture to Carly. Quelle surprise. He's such an idiot. Brando is an even bigger idiot for listening to him and not paying attention to what Sasha wants. Niagara Falls isn't it, dude. I hate how everyone won't leave her alone about how she grieves. 

11 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

I assume the ability to reactivate of Drew, died with Peter?

Jason knew, I think, but he's "dead." I'm not sure if Britt knows that or only how to deactivate Drew.

The BLQ/Chase kiss was very soapy, but boo to BLQ throwing the Pirate's Booty on the floor. Someone has to clean that up!

• Love 2

I thought maybe the blow to the head from the tire iron was really what MIGHT have done Peter in? The short fall was just a result?

Damn if I didn't feel bad for Peter and Maxie and what could have been. WR plays vulnerable really well imo. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

No, that would be Brook Lynn and Chase.  Unless you mean that Britt is after them, then, yeah.

Oh, BLQ and Chase and definitely topping that list. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened within the next 3 months. I've been singing this song for a while. But after today, Britt's turn is coming. 

This show hasn't had a pregnancy since Sasha, so they do have some ground to make up.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina always seems to be having to pick up a drunk Sonny and take him home. This is who she wants to be with? Ugh. Sloppy seconds is not a good look.

Nina is the thirstiest of thirsty women. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I still don't trust Peter's death.

Unless we see his body tossed in a wood chipper I don't believe for a minute that he's dead.  Anna left the body alone and then claimed WSB were coming to get him.  Because we know how honest WSB poeple are, just ask Agent Kruger that Dante is currently babysitting.  I fully expect Anna to go back to the spot and find it empty, that someone came and got him or he got up and walked away, just like with the freezer.  

33 minutes ago, seasons said:

I thought maybe the blow to the head from the tire iron was really what MIGHT have done Peter in?

Yes, Felicia clocking him with the tire iron did the damage.  The fall was a consequence of being clocked in the head, not the cause of death.  Not to use a real life situation, but something similar to Bob Saget's death, where a blow to the head caused the death.  

43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

throwing the Pirate's Booty on the floor. Someone has to clean that up!

In their defence, they did pick it up and put it back in the bag.  I thought they'd forget and start eating the again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

throwing the Pirate's Booty on the floor. Someone has to clean that up!

In their defence, they did pick it up and put it back in the bag.  I thought they'd forget and start eating the again.

I was glad to see that. I commented before the cleanup part.

• LOL 1

Hey, it's Lucy!  Not to react on-screen to Luke's death or share air with Felicia, but to prop up Sasha's storyline we don't care about?  Boo.  At least she's still getting it from Marty off-screen, and she looked very pretty.

I wanted Anna to do to LWB/FS what Giles did to Ben-is-Glory at the end of Buffy Season 5, but maybe you couldn't get away with that in daytime.

Britt's line about kids, I thought, was more of a Huntington's anvil, that she doesn't want to have any so there would be no chance of them inheriting it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Oh, BLQ and Chase and definitely topping that list. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened within the next 3 months. I've been singing this song for a while. But after today, Britt's turn is coming. 

This show hasn't had a pregnancy since Sasha, so they do have some ground to make up.

Especially once Maxie gets her baby back, this show shouldn’t do any more baby stories for the next two years.  Seems like all these idiot writers can do is make the woman pregnant.  Move on from that.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wanted Anna to do to LWB/FS what Giles did to Ben-is-Glory at the end of Buffy Season 5, but maybe you couldn't get away with that in daytime.

i am not even lying - I honestly thought thats what Anna was going to do. Just..... well

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Britt's line about kids, I thought, was more of a Huntington's anvil, that she doesn't want to have any so there would be no chance of them inheriting it.

Same, but the writers never met a disease they couldn't write a baby around. Britt's baby won't get the gene, so she can be the mom she's always dreamed of being. Or some utter claptrap about women and babies.

• Love 3

No way am I trusting that Peter is most sincerely dead.  Why the hell did Anna leave the body unattended? These people have learned nothing.

Liesl seemed the only one having the appropriate reaction to Peter’s death.  Everyone has had multiple opportunities to grieve and have conflicting emotions over this weasel.  No one should be doing anything but celebrating his demise (even if I don’t believe it). 

Sasha is going to get back on the drugs what a shock.  Not very original.  Now Brando just has to return to the mob and we will be right back where we started.

And lastly CLQ KISSED!!!  HOORAY!!!

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, as if I believe Avery is calling Joss to solve the mystery of the lost pink marker. 

The more this show continues to pathologically need to show every member of the Corinthii Family as some shining beacon of truth/loyalty/best sister/brother/son/daughter/mother/father, the less slack I will ever cut them.

The irony is if they were portrayed as the toxic, dysfunctional, terrible people that they are(although I don't think Michael and Joss are as awful as Sonny and Carly but I digress) there would probably be a lot less resentment. At least it would be somewhat entertaining I mean the Cassadines and Q's aren't considered perfect families but we enjoy them because they own it.

I think Joss is rather obnoxious and I realize I pretty much liked her around Jax who seemed to balance that out go figure. However I think she could be capable of being interesting if they stopped trying to make her "perfect" 

• Love 2

After all of this time and our efforts to continue to care over these many months, this is the reward we get?! We don’t even get to see Anna put a bullet in Peter’s forehead??!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Anna says it's over, cries. and Peter is left in the snow.(salt?) alone. (you know. the same Peter who fell down the stairs and Liz and Finn thought he was dead so MAYBE you should just wait until the WSB shows Lollipop Guild verify that he's most sincerely dead. Also. again). 

previously survived a fall down stairs and a freezer  so yes this small fall into really fake snow should be monitored, or was that supposed to be a salt mine, I never thought of that.

Anyways if Peter's body disappears, AKA Anna let him get away  again people better rag on her 10x what they blamed Austin.

ETA : the last scene with Mac and Robert talking to BailyLu and she had her little bottom lip out, I actually thought she looked like Peter (WR),

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Love 2

The problem with Sasha getting back on drugs is that I don't care all that much the show hasn't given me a reason to. They should've had the actress cast in a different role if she was Serena, Christina or even a long lost daughter of Mac's this would be relevant to me. Especially if it was Mac considering he's in the hospital to have that and her kid's death that would send anyone spiraling out of control.

Now unless she kills a major character because of her drug use that could be interesting... 

I find it hilarious all this drama happened after Lucy/Martin left town. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

unless she kills a major character because of her drug use that could be interesting... 

Please, please could it be Michael??? Joss would be my second choice but I would REALLY like Michael gone. 

• Love 7

I thought Peter’s final scenes with Anna before he (supposedly) bit the dust were well done. Wes and Finola did a nice job there with Wes mostly reeling it in. I liked the other scenes with Maxie and Felicia. I think Peter is meant to be dead this time but who knows for sure. As expressed by others, it would have been nice to see the body was still there with a sheet over it, but I’m sure some would still not be satisfied. For me, it was a satisfying end to this particular storyline.

Robert’s reaction to Liesel offering a drink to toast Peter’s end was pretty funny

I’m not liking the turn of Sasha’s storyline but the actress is doing a good job

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

Please, please could it be Michael??? Joss would be my second choice but I would REALLY like Michael gone. 

Well that would be the soapiest option him or Willow. I do like Willow but I think she needs to be spiced up more and paired with someone more high energy. Or write Michael like they write Chad on The Bay.

• Love 2

After all the time Helena's been most sincerely dead, only to pop back up I kind of appreciate them actually writing in the wiggle room needed for Peter to resurface in a few years. But this feels to me like a wrap on him for at least a while. I would bet Friday will be dedicated to the real drama in the story, the resolution of the baby switch. I'm choosing to believe having him die on a Wednesday is the writers acknowledging he was completely juiced out as a character by this point.

I would love a resolution where Maxie eventually asks Chase to be BaileyLou's legal father, preferably on his wedding day with BL so she would be stepmom. Those two (and Val) deserve a permanent place in that child's life.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Those two (and Val) deserve a permanent place in that child's life.

I think that will happen no matter what. Maxie saw how they cared for Louise, and unless the writers decide to make her a monster, she'll never forget it or be able to thank them enough.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Those two (and Val) deserve a permanent place in that child's life.

It would be interesting if Val asked for a place in BaileyLou’s life and if Charlotte asked for one as well

• Love 3

I think Peter is really dead,  but I won't be surprised if they pull a Roho with Wes.   What Laura Wright wants, Laura Wright gets.  She wanted Tristan Rogers punished when he dissed her bf, he was punished.  She wants Carly as THE leading lady, Carly is THE leading lady.  People talk a lot about MO and his abuse of power, but LW is the one to watch.  Just my opinion. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7

Britt: "Are you sure he's dead, we've heard that before." Preach, sister!

I thought FH brought real emotional depth and conflict to the scene, but I was silently pleading for Anna to handcuff Petah's dead body to the railing ...just in case. 

Drew was pretty useless during the whole operation, but am I crazy or did I see a tiny sparkle between him and Anna at the very end?! 

• Love 5

I don't think Laura Wright has that kind of pull, either. They might be more willing to indulge her then their other actresses, but I doubt very much that she has any kind of veto power, or the ability to force anyone's hiring or firing.

• Love 7

So they left Peter in the snow alone? With him and Victor having insiders in WSB.  Victor will have Cassadine "make you alive pills." I expect him to not be dead-dead. 

Sonny has a house in Niagara Falls? Plus the ski cabin where ever upstate that is 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Katy M said:

Historically speaking, the docks are where all the shady stuff goes down.

It’s so absurd.  “I hve to coordinate some villain stuff, so I better go hang around the docks where anyone could be listening to me”.  Such lazy writing.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, seasons said:

I thought maybe the blow to the head from the tire iron was really what MIGHT have done Peter in? The short fall was just a result?

Damn if I didn't feel bad for Peter and Maxie and what could have been. WR plays vulnerable really well imo. 

It doesn’t take much.  Years ago, a client of mine fell off a step ladder only two steps up. He landed on his feet but was unbalanced and fell backwards, suffering severe cranial trauma when the back of his head struck the floor  He died in an ICU less than 36 hours later.  And that was with almost immediate medical intervention.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, it's Lucy!  Not to react on-screen to Luke's death or share air with Felicia, but to prop up Sasha's storyline we don't care about?  Boo.  At least she's still getting it from Marty off-screen, and she looked very pretty.

I had that same thought, about Anna euthanizing Peter.  FH did a terrific job of telegraphing that she had not called for an ambulance.  How that woman never landed a prime time network or cable series is beyond me.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

I had that same thought, about Anna euthanizing Peter.  FH did a terrific job of telegraphing that she had not called for an ambulance.  How that woman never landed a prime time network or cable series is beyond me.

some people just like being on Soaps. which is good for us :)

• Love 4

I agree that Cameron Mathison was the weakest link today in the acting department.  Almost cringe worthy.

Nobody scooping up Peter's body leaves it as open ended as you can get.  At least with Julian, we got to see him literally get zipped up in a body bag.  That's the treatment you get when the producers of the show are truly showing you the door!

Edited by BlueMax
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

She has had a lot of primetime and film experience, actually, and some regular primetime roles. But I agree she deserves even more.

• Love 7