Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

They made a big deal about Spencer going to baby jail at the end of January. In show time, it's past Valentine's Day so he's been there at least 2 weeks.

I assume that WR is a good actor in the right role but I'm so sick of Peter, I really don't want to see him back on the show in another role for at least 3 years. I know that RoHo returned in a couple of months but the difference is that by the end of Franco's time, the show had done quite a bit to redeem him for me. Right now, my hate for Peter is exceeded only by my hate for Carly and Joss.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They made a big deal about Spencer going to baby jail at the end of January. In show time, it's past Valentine's Day so he's been there at least 2 weeks.

In fairness to Trina, Joss, and Cam, they are in school, so it's not as if they can pop in on Spencer on a whim. And Trina and Cam have jobs, so their free time is even more limited. But it's also a plot point so Spencer can whine about how ignored he is and no one loves him. Guess he'll go eat worms.

Edited by dubbel zout
typo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I assume that WR is a good actor in the right role but I'm so sick of Peter, I really don't want to see him back on the show in another role for at least 3 years.

I think I’m biased because I didn’t like him on Charmed either and his interviews about his character and portrayal make it obvious that there’s a disconnect between how he perceives his acting style and what I see onscreen.

I’m not into bringing actors back as different characters in general. It rarely works even when the previous character was extremely popular, coupled in this case with the fact that a lot of people think he got the role because of his gf. There’s a lot of great actors who have been let go from this show because of their characters being duds or naturally running their course that I would have placed higher on the list to return over WR. 

• Love 7

Aaaaaand Joss continues to be the worst. Trina doesn't need her "support" when it comes to Esmé. 

I forgot all about Laura's sinister aide until I saw her again. Is she connected to Victor or Peter?

I am legit surprised Peter hadn't snuck into Felicia's car while she was hugging Maxie.

• Love 5

Today's Show

we start with Carly. (Why?). Carly is looking at the valentine's card. SharkLawyer comes in. She's not happy about Carly's requests. She wants everything for Carly. Cary doens't want to have another brutal divorce she wants it over. Sharky is like but you can have everything!  Sonny comes in with a lawyer thats not Dianne. (Why are they doing this in Carly's office?).  Sonny and Carly face off. 

Legal Showoff. Carly wants nothing. even Sonny Lawyer is shocked. Carly goes i have my own money. Carly just wants the house. Sonny says no. You're abandoning me, you don't get our home. 

SonnyLawyer goes "um let me talk" Sonny goes I'm fighting for what is mine, I'm not letting Carly take my house. Carly shakes her head and looks off in the distance. Sharklawyer goes "you have mucho property. All Carly wants is the lakeside property." Sonny goes. That's Avery and Donna's house. Carly goes fine if you want the house, you have the house. Donna will have two homes anyway. Sharklawyer is like whatever. let's talk custody of Donna. (I vote the Nanny). 

Carly wants joint custody and Donna live with her. Sonny goes no. Carly is shocked. (Why does this shock you. LOL you see how Sonny is with Ava and Avery). Anyway Sonny is like you want Donna to live in the hotel? No. Carly is like the hotel is temporary you know that (well maybe your lawyer shoulda told you to get a house before doing this dumby). Both lawyers are like "let us talk."  SonnyLawyer basically weaponizes Avery and says since Carly has no rights to Avery (about time someone points that out). and never did. it's better for Donna to stay with Avery (thus sonny) since the girls are close. Carly looks pissed. Sharklawyer goes "you said no sticking points. what do you want to do?"

Carly and Sonny ditch the lawyers. Lawyers aren't happy. Carly goes I want Donna to live with me." (okay just imagine the Jax/Carly argument re: Joss but with Donna). Carly is also pissed shes losing Avery. Carly goes this this path was set because you slept with Nina. 

Sonny goes you are right I made mistakes, never shoulda happen, didn't mean to hurt me. Carly goes AND OUR FAMILY. Sonny goes you are giving up. Anyway. were such great parents. Let's just live together, no romance. we raise the girls. Carly is like whu?

Esme is like that's why you are at Laura's. Trina is like it was just a coincidence. Esme is like I know, Spencer told me. Spencer tells me everything. Joss goes really? Is that excuse fake as the rest of you? (shut up cow). 

Esme is like i come here heart on my sleeve  and trying to amend things with Trina and this is how you are treating me?  Joss says this isn't even the first time you've done this.  You say the right things but the follow through is lacking Trina says "Joss stop." Joss LOOKS at Trina with a side eye and keeps digging in on Esme. She says it only counts when you mean it. (apologizing). Esme goes "you never miss a chance to attack me." Joss laughs and says oh you'd know when I was attacking you. you are just playing the victim." Esme goes "i'm NOT playing the victim. " Joss snorts and goes "if you are sincere, tell the truth for one in your life." Trina and Esme look pissed.

Esme says she is telling the truth that Spencer did tell her about the gift. Then Joss goes okay liar then what did "Spence" give Trina. (shut up, cow). Trina says. "let this go, Joss the gift was nothing."  JOSS goes. "nooo it was not nothing." sly grin "And esme knows it." (SHUT UP, COW).  (also also - Avery Pohl is playing this scene a lot differently than she usually does when she's trying to manipulate people. she honestly looks flustered, and hurt here so if they are rehabbing Esme. good direction/acting here) 

"I'm confused" Says Esme. "How would I know Spence gave Trina a gift, if I'm lying about knowing Spence gave Trina a gift" LOL Joss goes. "oh now you're twisting my words" smugly to boot. Trina goes "HELLO I AM RIGHT HERE" (both ignore her). Esme goes "WHY would I lie about this, and why do you care?" Joss goes I WOULD LOVE not to Care. I would LOVE to ignore your existence. But you keep popping up. It's all an act, and it's getting tired.  Esme goes. It's NOT an act, I'm trying to build bridges here can you say the same?"  Joss has Righteous Carly Bitch Face and looks at Trina. 

"I don't care about building bridges and being friends with you," says Joss. "as long as you keep manipulating people I care about and that includes Spencer by the way. I look forward to the day Spencer sees through you. but until that day, you want friends? Try honesty." (challenge accepted). Esme sadly doesn't take the challenge and goes. "if you don't believe me that's your problem. You accept my apology right Trina" 

Trina goes yes. Joss looks PISSED and goes "trina only accepted you apology to be DONE with you." (SHUT. UP. COW.) Esme goes "or maybe Trina thinks it's good to be friends since we're all friends with spence." Trina goes hello. STILL HERE (and rolls her eyes, and she is looking pissed off). Joss goes "Spencer is being a selfish ass. The gift he got Trina was her favourite book of her favourite artist." Trina looks shocked and pissed off. "Trina mentioned it to him and Spencer remembered so OBVIOUSLY he cares what Trina thinks." (Um. HELLO. that's how gifts work you MORON LOL). Trina tries to defuses. the situation. but Joss rubs it in. "you never knew that was the gift he gave to another woman so if you want to mend bridges, why don't you admit how MAD that makes you. and what this act of contrition is really about). Esme looks like she wants to cry and Punch Joss, and Trina looks shocked. (WHY ARE PEOPLE FRIENDS WITH THIS GIRL? She needs a brenda slap across the face). 

Esme goes "hypothetically if a girl found out her boyfriend bough a nice gift for someone else that would make anyone mad." Joss gleefully goes. "is that an admission? does it make you upset that spencer has such a connection with Trina." (and she has such a gleeful hurtful look on her face. this is gross)  Trina says "Joss stop. She's exaggerating. Spencer and I don't have a connection." Joss leans back and is a smug bitch.  Esme goes the only thing that makes me is mad, is you going at me. At least I tried.  and she walks off. (she has a flashback about the burner phone and drugs and sex tape.) She pulls out the phone and has a you are gonna burn bitch face

Trina goes what the hell!  Joss goes I'm not having Spencer and Esme play mind games. Trina goes fine, next time leave my name out of it. Joss looks SHOCKED. 

Joss goes "are you mad at me?" Trina goes "you were more happy getting one over on Esme than my feelings! I never judged you about your feelings about you and esme, that's between you two, just like my friendship with Spencer is between HIM AND ME." Joss is like I get it trina.  but what about Esme and Trina. They are dating and he's giving you gifts! Trina goes "i don't care, and neither should you." Trina has a text and she needs to go.  Joss is like I'm sorry if i took things too far, I just want the best for you. Trina snorts and goes "really? you have a funny way of showing that you just made things worse for me." Joss is like how?  Trina goes, "you have to ask? think hard Joss, really hard." and she leaves pissed off.  Joss gets a phonecall from Avery and she leaves. 

Esme plants the sex tape. Evil grin. 

Sheffield's Henchman is whinging about the heat. Sheffield has no time for him. Sam is eavesdropping. Lots of infodumping. Sam is recording with the phone. and she kicks over a bottle and Henchman and Sheffield overhear. Sheffield sends henchman. Sam acts like a Ninja and poofs. Sheffield sees the broken bottle and looks not happy. 

Laura is with Sheffield's Deptuy Henchgirl. She eavesdrops about a complication with Peter. Robert is infodumping Laura about Felicia running off. Robert's pissed that Felicia went off into danger and Mac is now worried about Maxie and Felicia. 

Deputy Henchman tells Laura that their meeting is delayed. Sam appears! She wants info on Her uncle. the DeputyHenchwoman looks scared. Robert is about to talk about Sheffield. but Laura dismisses the DeputyHenchman. Infodumps about Sheffield and Peter.  Sam shows the picture she took. Robert is like I know him! Laura goes That's Johann!  Laura wants to know if Sam heard stuff. Sam goes only that Sheffield is mad at an associate. Laura goes Sheffield and Peter are at odds and how does that impact us. Robert hears back about the henchman. Johann apparently was behind Luke's accident!!

Shootout at Hidden meadows! (i always have to wonder. a gun has like what six, eight bulllets? they are just shooting willy-nilly and they don't reload or get a second gun.. it's weird). Anna screams. "it's over, just give up Petah!" Jasonlite screams COVER ME! and more bullets flying.

Jasonlite is giving out orders. Anna is like I don't wanna risk Maxie. Jasonlite is like it's okay just avoid windows. (lol).  Dante and Jasonlite storm the house

BANG BANG, SHOOT SHOOT! Jasonlite takes the backdoor, and Dante and Anna see that WSBHenchman is there. So. Sheffields men are there (trying to kill Peter  - from the back). and Jasonlite and gang took the front. so how did Peter vanish? LOL LMAO Anna goes. YOU FIRED AT US! The Henchman goes. "you FIRED AT US. Anyway BS Infodump  They don't believe him. Dante is staying to babysit the evil guy. 

Maxie waves down the car. It's felicia! they hug. They decide to stick on the main road and go to the autoban. Felicia infodumps Maxie. hahaha Felicia says the name in German so funny. There is a car behind Felicia's now. Car zooms on their back bumper and felicia swerves off the road. (because of course). 

Car accident, Felicia is out. Maxie screams "YOU WANT ME PETER YOU GONNA HAVE TO GET ME." peter runs after her. Peter shoots at Maxie!! Peter goes you come back to me or I shoot you. Maxie looks pissed off and looks down a flight of stairs. 

_--------

Carly goes this is not going to work. it's not possible. Sonny is like why not? Carly goes i want them to see a loving healthy relationship, and we're not that. So the girls are gonna get hurt. They'll get over it. Sonny goes if that's the way it has to be. Sonny gives up. Donna is with Carly and she gets the house. He'll take the penthouse.  Both are crying.  Lawyers come back. Things are settled. They are getting divorced (who cares). 

OOhh the Phone has the same cover as Trina's. Joss is all PLEASE TELL ME WE ARE GOOD. Trina snaps, "we're good. bye." Esme trills, "Trina is mad." Joss goes "don't act like you care." Esme goes "i know you were defending Trina. Hope she appreciates it." And walks off. Esme looks back at the phone of Joss and Cam's sexytimes. "Almost show time!" says Esme. 

Laura goes Luke's accident was not an accident and Sheffield was behind it!!

DeputyHenchman and Sheffield meet up. We've got a problem. Sam, Robert and laura are too close! Says Deputyhenceman.

Dante is watching WSBHenceman bleed. Dante goes you think i'm dumb? you had an employer who didn't want Drew hurt you both had clear shots and didn't take it. 

Maxie goes I'd rather die than being with you so shoot me. Peter screams you were supposed to save me! so this is your fault! And goes to shoot maxie! Felicia takes out peter and he falls into the saltmine. gun flies off. Maxie doesn't take the gun LOL they both just stare at Peter.

show ends

• Love 7

Okay . . . before POTUS interrupted the show, I was not happy w/the way Trina was just sitting there and not saying much during that Trina/Josslyn/Esme conversation. I don't like them playing her as so mild-mannered and weak. When the show returned, Trina was telling off Josslyn. I did like that. It seems Trina is finally noticing that Josslyn is NOT her friend. As she said, Josslyn cared more about one upping Esme than she did about Trina. From the little I saw, Josslyn was being obnoxious. Josslyn is far too much like her mother for my taste. Her setting is permanently stuck on "bitch" mode. I didn't see the entire conversation btw them from yesterday and today, but there is no reason to always be a bitch to someone. If you don't like someone, avoid them. I know this is a soap so the conversations are forced, but the writing needs to step it up. If Josslyn genuinely doesn't like Esme, why sit around and listen to her. Just get up and say, "Sorry. I have to run. I'm meeting my mom/Cameron/dad/Jenny/Paul." She could have then texted Trina. Josslyn is too much. 

And I don't care if they just had a fight, Josslyn would be an idiot to believe Trina recorded her having sex w/Cameron and then uploaded it to the Internet. Why in the world would Trina do that? No matter how angry Trina is w/Josslyn, she would never do that? If Josslyn believes that, Trina should cut her off and never be friends w/her again. 

I could have sworn that set has been Sonny's personal home for years - well before Carly moved in. Why can't Carly move back into her old home? That's some nonsense, IMO. 

I wish Maxie had shouted to Peter that she can't be the one to save him; he needed to "save" himself. Loved Felicia knocking him out. Let's just hope he's actually dead. If they bury him, I'm sure he's not really dead. 

• Love 7

I missed a lot of today's show here in MD because of the POTUS press conference.  

But aside from Trina finally (IMO) telling off Joss, I rolled my eyes at:

Felicia's car being the one Maxie flagged down for help as she found the road AND Felicia knocking Peter out/down as he was about to shoot Maxie ...

Peter getting away from Anna, Dante and Drew shooting at him. How is it that Drew, who is not a WSB agent OR a police officer, part of a 3-person team to capture Peter at that cabin/home? And then Dante just sits there nonchalantly trying to get info out of the WSB traitor/Victor informant who got shot??

Sam is just such an awesome, stealthy PI that she .... manages to kick the only object in her vicinity on the docks and thereby had Victor's good searching for the source of the noise.

Esme's thinking that she's so clever to get a pink case resembling Trina's for the phone with the J/C sex recording and that people will actually believe Trina has been  so angry and hurt that she would set up a recording device that night at the cabin, and would then share the recording with whomever to embarrass her friends.

Carly thinking if she gets to stay in the house she has shared with Sonny, she gets to keep Avery/be with the girls every day. I'm not clear on whether Sonny is indicating Avery will stay there with Donna, or move into the Penthouse with him.

ETA: I enjoy seeing Laura and Robert interact, however Sam's presence makes it less so.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
forgot Laura, Robert
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Peter getting away from Anna, Dante and Drew shooting at him. How is it that Drew, who is not a WSB agent OR a police officer, part of a 3-person team to capture Peter at that cabin/home? And then Dante just sits there nonchalantly trying to get info out of the WSB traitor/Victor informant who got shot??

Drew is a navy seal so at least he has some experience. 

• Love 4

I like to believe Carly and Sonny's lawyers are outside ruing their clients: "Can you believe these two?" "I'm just glad for the fat fees." "How about lunch next week?"

Yay for everything Trina said to Joss. Too bad Joss won't take it to heart. She'll always think she knows what's best for everyone and that she's the only one who knows it.

LOL at Peter's soft landing. I wonder if WR did that stunt himself.

• Love 11

Today's episode was *sigh* and not in a good way.

The scene of the day goes to Trina telling Joss what's up and dropping some truth bombs. Like back the hell of Josslyn and take a flight to Australia or something. Nobody needs friends like Josslyn. Least of all Trina who deserves a shit ton better than the shittiest friend in the world.

So Luke isn't dead. What a shocker. I don't even know how they're going to manage this since TG is retired and doesn't seem to be intent on coming back as far as we know. You know, show, you can still do a Cassadine storyline without Luke.

I don't care about the tribulations of Carly and Sonny. 

That whole shootout at the cabin was really bad. I did not care, but at all, for that shooting "action." 

Is Peter dead? Probably not. Because he's Peter. 

Shady assistant to the Mayor looked like she'd never been in the docks. She looked scared of the place. Seemed like a weird acting choice.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Carly goes i have my own money.

...that I got in my prev divorces from Sonny and Jax

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

also also - Avery Pohl is playing this scene a lot differently than she usually does when she's trying to manipulate people. she honestly looks flustered, and hurt here so if they are rehabbing Esme. good direction/acting here) 

I think at first she was sincere but Joss gave her the platter, she deserves what ever Esme is going to serve up, she can't help herself!

• Love 6

I only got to watch the second half of the show, but it seems I didn’t miss much. Maxie is still running away, someone new is not trying hard enough to kill Peter (sigh).

Did creepy Esme exchange the burner phone for Trina’s? I know, it was in the second half, but I mute most of the Joss’ interactions.

I think there’s a new makeup person - GF is glowing and KS looks less pasty.

13 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I think at first she was sincere but Joss gave her the platter, she deserves what ever Esme is going to serve up, she can't help herself!

oh for sure. and I am all for it. I've said from word Jump, i am team Esme here. but like her stupid mother, Joss needed to get all her words in and be all "You go girl." that's what she kept waiting for every time she eyed Trina. so even if i'm supposed to feel sorry for Joss i don't even care. (I still wish (story wise) Joss blew up in the church. but now it's more because i can't stand her ass). 

I will say Trina is like me. Long fuse - so you can take a lot of crap but once it's out, it's on like kong. Trina had no time for Joss and i hope she continues to have no time for her because everything today was so disgusting. and again. I'm supposed to root for her and be on her side. and I just want her to get stomped on.

• Love 8

How the heck did Anna, Drew, and Dante figure that they could shoot into the house and avoid hitting Maxie since they didn't know she'd already run away? That action seemed contrary to the whole point of the raid.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Luke isn't dead.

When did this happen? Laura said she thought Victor had something to do with the cable car accident, not that it was fake. What did I miss?

22 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Joss doesn't deserve a sex tape all over social media (that's super gross no matter who's involved), but she certainly needs to be taken down a peg or seven. It also seems Esmé didn't think through her revenge, because once they figure out Trina didn't make the video, it won't be hard to figure who did, and there goes Esmé's bridge with Trina.

• Love 8

If Joss believes, for even one minute, that Trina set up the sex tape, then I hope Trina never speaks to her again.

I'm reminded, again, that Trina should be at the center of the teen story. Trina and Spencer are root-for young couple with chemistry (even if they're not a couple yet), Esme should be Trina's nemesis, Joss should be a supporting player at most.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

oss doesn't deserve a sex tape all over social media (that's super gross no matter who's involved), but she certainly needs to be taken down a peg or seven. It also seems Esmé didn't think through her revenge, because once they figure out Trina didn't make the video, it won't be hard to figure who did, and there goes Esmé's bridge with Trina.

I didn't quite get Esme's plan, it didn't show her uploading the video so is she just going to make Joss think Trina filmed her? Which would be stupid for Joss but on pointe. I hope this isn't going so far as to have the video online because that is gross and illegal and easy to figure out who took the video.

34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Luke isn't dead. What a shocker.

Luke is dead... i don't remember them saying he wasn't. just that they basically now had confirmation that Sheffield was behind it. 

• Love 1

Carly must have a lot of money or Port Charles  houses are much less expensive than my town if she can just handwave Sonny keeping the house.

Trina has consistently been the smartest of the teens so I really hope that she gets a clue.

Why is Drew, the one who can be mind-controlled by Peter, leading the team? I know that he was a SEAL but let Anna or Dante go in fist.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I forgot all about Laura's sinister aide until I saw her again. Is she connected to Victor or Peter?

Victor. She was involved in the fake hit on Laura and Martin to draw Laura back to Port Charles.

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly thinking if she gets to stay in the house she has shared with Sonny, she gets to keep Avery/be with the girls every day. I'm not clear on whether Sonny is indicating Avery will stay there with Donna, or move into the Penthouse with him.

There is no way Ava should let Carly keep Avery. As Sonny's lawyer pointed out, Carly has no legal right to Avery.

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

When did this happen? Laura said she thought Victor had something to do with the cable car accident, not that it was fake. What did I miss?

I thought that Laura said something about "Luke's supposed accident". She's the one making the leap.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nothing. That was just my take away from the conversation.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There is no way Ava should let Carly keep Avery. As Sonny's lawyer pointed out, Carly has no legal right to Avery.

They'll appeal to Ava's sympathy for Donna possibly losing her sister if the girls get split up. Ava has been pathetic when it comes to Avery's custody ever since she returned from her safety leave. 

the supposed accident translates into "Luke was Murdered" (that is my play)

Just now, dubbel zout said:

They'll appeal to Ava's sympathy for Donna possibly losing her sister if the girls get split up. Ava has been pathetic when it comes to Avery's custody ever since she returned from her safety leave. 

makes me mad.
and also people are acting like one will live on the moon. they'll live in the same town and continue to have playdates and stuff. like heck

• Love 4

Another day of Joss being an insufferable smug B. As great as it was that Trina told her off, I suspect they only wrote that in so that Joss could think “Trina is so mad at me, she must have released this sex tape!” Not that it makes sense but I can’t believe they’d have Trina stand up to Joss just because Joss deserved it. 

I hope Esme watched that tape and took notes where she’ll have to give Cameron some pointers during their future sexytimes. 

Edited by Jma14
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Jma14 said:

I hope Esme watched that tape and took notes where she’ll have to give Cameron some pointers during their future sexytimes. 

this legit slayed me. I'm dead. 

honestly. I hope that Joss is that stupid that Trina taped them. again. anything that ends that relationship. and then she loses cam because Cam wisely trusts Trina. and then Esme apologizes for being vindictive and they forgive her and then Joss is the cheese that stands alone. #lifeiswonderful

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Jma14 said:

Another day of Joss being an insufferable smug B. As great as it was that Trina told her off, I suspect they only wrote that in so that Joss could think “Trina is so mad at me, she must have released this sex tape!” Not that it makes sense but I can’t believe they’d have Trina stand up to Joss just because Joss deserved it. 

Yeah, and this whole thing will end with Trina having to fucking apologize to Joss for doubting her about Esme's intentions and Joss UNGRACIOUSLY accepting the apology by giving a Ted Talk about how she only had Trina's best interests at heart and is so wise that she knows when people are shady as fuck (which, I guess given HER MOTHER that's valid).

Speaking of Carly, I cannot believe the lovely shade of terra cotte she turned at being told, RIGHTLY, that she has no claim to Avery.  "I raised her since she was born."  Shut up, baby hoarder.

• Love 16

Shut the hell up, Joss.  The gall of the daughter of Carly Corinthos lecturing others on how to sincerely apologize, after which she gives the lamest "I'm sorry you're upset" apology ever.  Girl, please.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Esme should be Trina's nemesis, Joss should be a supporting player at most.

I think you forgot what show you're watching. The writers are writing a story where Trina is supposed to be the lead, but that's all about our resident Mary Sue. It takes talent to do that. 

I feel like the writers are writing fanfic about these characters. Like we see how Joss, Michael, Carly, Sonny behave and every now and again, the writers decide to write one of those long ass Tumblr metas about a character and their flaws and shortcomings, calling them out on their behavior, acknowledging that the character is in fact trash before inevitably concluding that the character is great, that we should root for them and that we are idiots for not understanding that in the first place.

Joss is trash. She got sort of dragged by Trina for what she did, but she didn't get it. However, she is the bestest sister ever. So that's what really matters.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

ha, too bad they are divorced - she was off the show awhile having a third child!  

It would be a drag, I would think, to work with the same person all day and then go home to that same person.

A Nathan recast would be interesting, since he'd be with Maxie too, with the same face as Peter.  But they are brothers.  That could make them twins.  LOL.  

Yeah I think some couples could handle it others it leads to divorce. The whole absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Joss is trash. She got sort of dragged by Trina for what she did, but she didn't get it. However, she is the bestest sister ever. So that's what really matters.

Yeah, as if I believe Avery is calling Joss to solve the mystery of the lost pink marker. 

The more this show continues to pathologically need to show every member of the Corinthii Family as some shining beacon of truth/loyalty/best sister/brother/son/daughter/mother/father, the less slack I will ever cut them.

• Love 16

I don't mind Sonny fighting for the house, it was his first. His mob fortress and Carly had her own. Where's Carly's house?

Carly can't ask for custody for a child she has no rights to. Ava needs to go after Avery. Keep her from Carly and Joss. She should not be in the house with Carly, but no Sonny. 

Trina looks stupid falling for Esmes games. As annoying as Joss is, she's got Esme number and Esme deserves all that's dished out. Trina just looks like a fool and whining about Joss when Esme is plotting against them from a foot away.

• Love 1

They way they are writing Joss is actually a positive sign to me. This writing team seems more clued in that Carly is an insufferable narcissist rather than the "loves with her whole heart" heroine crap when I left. They are writing Carly sympathetic in the divorce but I think that's true. Sonny was the bad guy there. I'd love if her story now was about her realizing the life the choices that created the monster Joss is becoming. But alas probably not. Joss is a good person in her mom's eyes the same way Rory Gilmore was "good at reporting". But the writing seems more clear eyed that neither of them are role models. Trina is the hero in that plot not Joss.

If Esme releases that video she better be joining Spence in baby jail. Pretty sure revenge porn is a felony in NY.

Luke is alive, obviously. But I do think Laura is more skeptical of the accident part than the death right now. At some point I expect either Geary to pop up briefly or for Laura and Tracy to get some sign he is still alive and laying low.

• Love 3

Joss is awful to be sure, but Esme certainly isn't much better. And sorry but Joss does not deserve to have that sex recording released anywhere.

I thought that Laura said something about "Luke's supposed accident". She's the one making the leap.

I thought she just meant that Luke's 'accident' wasn't an accident after all since Victor is involved but no one said that meant Luke was alive.

• Love 8
On 2/21/2022 at 12:11 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Joss is an incredibly hateful character. If I'm Trina, I would freeze her ass out. 

Who knew! All it took to decommision Peter was a good swift kick in the balls. Someone should have done that years ago. KSt was good in her scenes.

The Spencer/Nikolas scenes were good.

Laura/Esme was good. Esme sure doesn't seem to be the out and out villain she was made out to be in the start. I'm thinking that they might be pivoting the character.

Ava/Olivia scenes were good. It was good to see that Olivia wants Ava to be part of Leo's life. One more person in his support system.

The episode in general wasn't bad. But that last scene with WSB Anna having Drew take the lead was kind of eh. I know he was a navy seal and is more than capable, but I didn't understand why she was giving him the lead on this. Drew isn't even a cop. He's a civilian. Even in Switzerland.

Unless something changed that I missed, Drew has no memories of being a SEAL.  Instead he has Jason’s memories up until around 8 years ago.

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

Drew is a navy seal so at least he has some experience. 

Of which he has no memory.

4 hours ago, Artsda said:

I don't mind Sonny fighting for the house, it was his first. His mob fortress and Carly had her own. Where's Carly's house?

I did really like that set that was Carly's house before she got back with Sonny. What I remember about it is that there was always a bowl of lemons on the table in the living room, and that was perfect for the faces Laura Wright makes. Have we seen that house, though, since they reunited CarSon? 

I guess we're supposed to think she sold it when she got remarried. She moved from Citrus Chateau to Moss Manor.

However, when they recently reintroduced the Harborview Towers penthouse (or a simulation of it), I assumed that's where this was going. Carly would keep the house and he would move there.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I am legit surprised Peter hadn't snuck into Felicia's car while she was hugging Maxie.

Right?? “Hi Mom, there’s a crazy man chasing me and we’re both in danger, but let’s stand here and hug it out for a few minutes before making our getaway. I’m sure he will stand aside and wait.”

Sheesh.

12 hours ago, Daisy said:

the supposed accident translates into "Luke was Murdered" (that is my play)

Yes, I think that’s a given. Unless he’s alive. (I don’t think he’s alive.)

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

I did really like that set that was Carly's house before she got back with Sonny. What I remember about it is that there was always a bowl of lemons on the table in the living room, and that was perfect for the faces Laura Wright makes. Have we seen that house, though, since they reunited CarSon? 

We saw the house after Morgan's death. Bobbie was living there. It was also the place that Nelle had played with the lights and stuff to convince Carly that she was losing her mind and that Morgan was haunting her.

Why is Victor meeting with his henchman down on the docks instead of someplace comfortable? Everyone knows that Johann is Victor's employee anyway and while they needed to be overheard (so not Victor's hotel room) they can be overheard as well at Charlie's or outside Kelly's.

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Victor meeting with his henchman down on the docks instead of someplace comfortable? Everyone knows that Johann is Victor's employee anyway and while they needed to be overheard (so not Victor's hotel room) they can be overheard as well at Charlie's or outside Kelly's.

Historically speaking, the docks are where all the shady stuff goes down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, paisley said:

I think Bobbie is living in  Carly's old house.

Joss sucks and the writers will make Trina apologize to her for being angry.

I don't why the writers, even in the late 90s when the show was better, think having people apologize to these assholes absolves them. Joss would be more likable she admitted to being a shitty friend and apologized to Trina. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The more this show continues to pathologically need to show every member of the Corinthii Family as some shining beacon of truth/loyalty/best sister/brother/son/daughter/mother/father, the less slack I will ever cut them.

You are not the only one. The more they tell me that the Corinthoast clan is great and fabulous and everyone should fall all over themselves in order to bask in their aura, the more I hate them and want to see a a building get toppled over their heads.

• Love 9

I know it's easy to focus on Joss being a bitch, but I'm more concerned that Esme has a video of CAMERON that she may make public.  Why should he suffer for his girlfriend being.... something I don't want to say.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Historically speaking, the docks are where all the shady stuff goes down.

Yes, and it makes sense for Mobby and the mob who have warehouses there, or for Cyrus or someone else when he wants to do a shady deal (e.g. Victor meeting Peter) or a mobster who wants to have someone beat up or killed. It even makes sense for people who want to secretly meet with each other. Or even Liz and Sam who want to set of revenge fireworks.

But Victor has no business there nor does he need to meet Johann in secret since Johann is his Max equivalent.  The elegant Victor voluntarily down on the docks talking to  his employee was a heavy-handed visual equivalent of the Organ Chords of Doom.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I know it's easy to focus on Joss being a bitch, but I'm more concerned that Esme has a video of CAMERON that she may make public.  Why should he suffer for his girlfriend being.... something I don't want to say.

a cow? 
my head cannon is, this is what esme needs to make up to Cam when they become a major couple.