Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The script today called for Willow to (again) claim she loves Chase, that it wasn't long ago she thought they would be together for the rest of their lives, she's grateful for everything Chase did for her, etc..... but her actions and facial expressions with him, since she brought him to the hospital, convey she really doesn't even like/care about this terminally ill man. 

Seriously.  The look she had on her face today was a combo of suffering from a case of food poisoning and thinking "why won't you die before I have to say I do?"  

Best scene: Chase telling Violet how much he's loved being her Uncle.  I welled up.  JS has been doing a really good job of late, which makes me feel even more for the character. 

Gonzo may be 71, but damn, he's still a fine looking man!

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm really enjoying Valentin and Brook Lynn. I can't believe how much I like them. I want them to stay together even when the truth is revealed. They have great chemistry. 

I didn't start with Millow/Willow as I usually do but you know I gotta talk about them. Can Willow FAKE happiness or sadness for her friend? I know she's not in love w/him, but she doesn't even act like she likes him like a friend! I find it so incredibly odd that she is not showing any genuine emotion for her supposed "good friend" who's dying. She couldn't even muster up a fake smile during the ceremony. It's just weird b/c he's supposed to be someone she genuinely likes and cares about, but I'm just not seeing it. I feel like she should be able to show she cares for him (i.e., hold his hand, hug him, give him words of encouragement, etc) AND be in love w/Michael. It's like the directors (or actress) think if she shows any caring for Chase, it will diminish her thing w/Michael. I don't get it. It's weird. She's a human and can feel a multitude of things. Chase just flatlined, and she just sits there. No tears. No anything. Ugh . . . she's awful. 

I have no idea why Chase wants her at his side when she always has a sour look on her face! She's not doing anything for him. 

And I hate that Chase considers Michael a friend. He's not your friend, Chase. He kneed you in the groin and didn't hesitate to take your girlfriend. And he pretty much has no feelings about you dying other than it being an inconvenience to him getting the "great" Willow. And I'm not feeling the Sasha/Willow friendship either. They're not friends. It feels forced if you ask me. 

I loved the Austin/Dante scenes. I'm liking Austin so far. 

ETAL Oh, and Violet is super cute! I liked her scenes w/Chase, and when she was waving in the elevator. 

That said, I did find it funny that Chase was dressed in a suit and taken to the chapel. Really? The guy is on death's door, but someone got him up and put him in a suit when he could have gotten married at his bedside!! And then he was out of the suit and back in the dressing gown. He may as well have stayed in the suit!!

And I thought it was hilarious when Michael put the ring on Willow. She almost genuinely smiled at Michael - something she can't seem to do for a friend that is dying! 

Now that Chase will be cured - how long is Willow going to drag out this farce? When Finn gives Chase a good bill of health, is she really gonna turn around and say, "Well, now that you're better, I should let you know I'm actually in love w/Michael so deuces. It's been fun?!?!" LOL! Willow is an idiot. 

This is so perfect I wanna shoot it in it's head while it's giving birth or throw barware across the room or something like that. Chef's kiss 😘

Thank you for saying exactly how I feel!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Good emotional scenes in Chase’s storyline today and I’m glad the writers finally got his parents on set and into scenes after being absent a few episodes. It is too bad Michael and Willow made eyes at each other throughout

• Love 1
(edited)

Backing up to yesterday, I smiled with glee every time Carly was stricken/her face fell - when Jason flat-out admitted to a connection with Britt, when she was iced out of mob business, when Britt clocked her jealousy and possessiveness right off the bat and breezily dismissed her meddling, all of it was a delight.

Also, I found it very interesting that the writers let Dr. O bring up her role in Robin's Abduction 1.0 and how Jason called her in to help Britt - and that Jason knew that Brad would have been that person were he available - despite how that colors his opinion of her.  That's a level of nuance I DO NOT expect from this show.  And, of course, Kathleen Gati brought it when Dr. O broke down about Britt's diagnosis.

Finally, backing up even further to Wednesday, did Guza sneak into the writers' room and slip that Brando line about wanting to make a difference by joining the mob (?!?!?!) and relating it to his military service (?!?!?!?!?!?!) into the script?  F off with that nonsense, Show.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Forgot to mention, but what kind of sorcery is afoot that JPS is vibing with EVERYBODY he's in a scene with?  The Valentin/BL scenes have been an absolute delight--just the most recent in a long line of characters he's got chemistry with.

• Love 19

So I was looking around online trying to find Nina’s purse(no luck). But guess what??  You can be the proud owner of Carly’s used tampon sweater for about $200 😮

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

The five families murder, put guns and drugs on the streets to ruin countless lives, threaten and harass people, but how dare they be misogynistic to Carly!

I hate her. I hate her so fucking much. 

Are they telling the actress playing Willow to be a block of wood with Chase? It's terrible.

and this is what cracks me up. the five families does all of that but you're telling me, that Sonny and Jason don't- and the five families are a-okay with it? whatever show.

• Love 2

Didn’t we have that scene a few weeks back with Carly, Cyrus, and the 5 Families where everyone automatically accepted her being in charge even though they should have all be vying for Sonny’s territory? It’s like someone promised LW that badass mob queen Carly moment but they are now going back to what the story should have been. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Jackie and Willow just sat there when Chase flatlined, instead of yelling for help. 

Willow's going to be a great nurse. As good a nurse as Michael is CEO.

7 hours ago, seasons said:

I'm confused. So now that Finn isn't the father, is there another serum they can use to cure Chase?

They are going to write that there is and now that it's going to be Gregory's DNA combined with Jackie's it will cure him.

But it shouldn't be a different serum since it's a toxin. The problem was the package that was delivering the serum and the mRNA stuff they stole. Finn and his trojan horse theory was that Chase's body would reject the serum unless it was in a package comprised of the DNA of his two biological parents.  No, it doesn't make sense. (And those poor people who don't have two parents alive, are they doomed to die?)

• Love 4

Why didn’t show marry Willow & Chase with a real priest to make it harder for her to get out of the marriage? Gonzo was nice and all but someone more official would have more impact story wise. 

Ahh, but that’s the beauty of it. Once Our Great Lovers are finally reunited after all their trials, the marriage to Chase can be revealed to be invalid. “I’ve only ever truly been married to you, Michael,” Willow will whisper, wiping a tear from her eye as they joyfully embrace. True love conquers all!

And then we’ll all barf, because damn, that mayonnaise is rancid.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So Michael sitting alone in the chapel, crying and feeling sorry for himself, makes Michael look awful instead of like a martyr which is what I think they intended.

I just want to scream at everyone involved. YOUR FRIEND IS DYING! He can’t even put a ring on Willow’s finger. Do you really think they’re going to go off and consummate the marriage or something? You should be sad that your friend is going to die. Not that you have to wait one to two days to have Willow’s undivided attention again. And shut up Sasha! Stop comforting Willow and Michael and acting like they’re making some great sacrifice right now. THEIR FRIEND IS DYING! He’s your friend too! Everyone looks like such garbage sympathizing over Michael and Willow being kept apart when Chase is literally not expected to last the night. 

The scenes with Chase and Violet really got to me. I know he’ll survive, but it was sad to think that was the last time she’d ever see her beloved uncle.  

• Love 19

I watched yesterday's episode this morning. I didn't think it would affect me, but the Chase/Violet scenes were actually bittersweet and I thought the Chase actor did an excellent job at everything. I got misty-eyed and I ffed the wedding because I had read comments, but caught the part where Chase asked his best friend Michael to put the ring on Willow's fingers, which honestly, FU for that writers. 

I really just want Chase far away from everything to do with Willow and Michael. Those two can go and bask in their eternal shining twu wuv away from good people. 

The dress they put Sasha in was awful. Willow getting married in blue was also terrible. I guess white is reserved for Michael. 

Dear Michael and Willow, I don't give a flying fuck about your personal pain. You know what would have avoided this situation? The truth. 

I'm not sure the writers even like the pairing. They are both pathetic. For the umpteenth time, your friend who is in the prime of his life is dying. Nobody gives a fuck about your hurt wittle feelings.

• Love 9

Willow will become pregnant with Michael’s baby, right? Chase will then seek revenge on Michael and Willow for having sex when he thought Willow only woved him. 

I didn’t get Willow wearing that ugly blue dress. Was she married before…legally? That said, the wedding was actually kind of sad mostly due to Josh Swickard going the extra mile in looking and acting like he was dying.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Willow's going to be a great nurse. As good a nurse as Michael is CEO.

Apparently at GH all you have to do is be physically present in the hospital to earn credit for nursing classes. Forget all that medical stuff.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Willow will become pregnant with Michael’s baby, right? Chase will then seek revenge on Michael and Willow for having sex when he thought Willow only woved him. 

At this point Chase will probably thank them for being so selfless, and apologize for putting them through such agony. 

8 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

At this point Chase will probably thank them for being so selfless, and apologize for putting them through such agony. 

And, ask to be godfather.

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

I am a fan of Dante wearing suits for his job after 12 years. I thought it would be interesting  if Laura asked him to be commissioner, since his main reason not to do so floated to PA.

I hope Dante doesn't become commissioner any time soon, given how defanged that position is. At least as a detective Dante has a chance to actually solve cases. And when Sonny returns, the conflict of interest with him if Dante were commissioner would be ridiculous. It already is, of course, but at least Dante isn't in charge of the entire PCPD.

• Love 2
(edited)

I guess we shouldn't be surprised because Chase is the first on-screen friend he's ever had, but Michael is seriously a T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E friend, that he couldn't think beyond his own feelings for five minutes.  I don't know how the writers don't realize that Michael's rootability in this story started at zero and now is at negative 16.

Aw at Dr. Michael Easton and Gregory smiling at each other when they got the results about Chase being Gregory's son.  I dunno why the show did this feint with the paternity - I wonder if they felt that Dr. Michael Easton could only truly be invested in finding a cure if it was HISSON, which is gross - but I like the place this landed.

Can't wait for Carly to go door-to-door to rant to the Five Family heads about how totally not weak she is.  #ugh

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I didn’t get Willow wearing that ugly blue dress. Was she married before…legally?

She married Michael last time, "borrowing" Brooklynn's dress (yeah, right).  She looked like she wanted to throw up at that wedding, too.  eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwdWItc3RvcmFnZSIsImtleSI6

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Okay i watched yesterday's episode. I have to say Chase + Violet made me almost cry (which is basically crying. i'm such a tough nut LOL).  but i was just so, so upset about how much of these scuzzy people: Sasha, Willow, Micheal, Brook Lyn are lying to someone they claim to love because he was dying. And everyone painting this in this whole "we love him, we can give him this one thing." are you serious? 

Why just not be with him in his last days? Do you think Chase would have harboured ill will had y'all gone to him from the start and been like look we fell in love.. I hope you understand we just want to be friends and whatever? Hell Chase even gave Willow several outs and she is just like no i'm good i love you, and she doesn't even have the guts to just look at him with happiness on his wedding day? She moons over Micheal? Micheal is just sitting all Eeyore like my girl is marrying this guy i can't tolerate (though we call each other best friends). 

Like Cam, Chase freaking deserves better friends after all of this. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Willow getting married in blue was also terrible. I guess white is reserved for Michael.

Because True Love.  The age group this romance is targeted for must be Violet's. Even Charlotte would be too sophisticated to buy it.

36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Like Cam, Chase freaking deserves better friends after all of this. 

What do Cam and Chase have in common?  Their best friends are Carly's children.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

She married Michael last time, "borrowing" Brooklynn's dress (yeah, right).  She looked like she wanted to throw up at that wedding, too.

I find that the show did Willow a huge disservice. And this has nothing to do with Chase or how much I hate the Willow/Michael pairing and how I think both characters are absolute trash because they really are.

Willow was brought into a cult by her own mother. Her father was either killed by Shiloh because he was trying to get his daughter out or committed suicide (He was murdered IIRC, but I really don't), Shiloh sexually abused her and raped her. She became pregnant. She managed to get away from Shiloh, she was alone and pregnant, she gave up her child for adoption. Then she met Michael and Chase. Chase beat Michael to the punch and asked Willow out before stinky dish rag could grow a pair and do it. 

The girl had zero breaks between the cult and her relationship with Chase.

Then we have the whole Wylie debacle, where she goes from Chase to Michael without skipping a beat. She doesn't get to mourn the child she lost. She doesn't get away from Wylie even though that's what she wanted to do. She marries Michael because she was essentially pressured into it. All for Wylie. Must protect Wylie at all cost. 

Willow is one of those people who will say what they think someone wants to hear from them. In a lot of ways, it feels like she never left the cult. She's just part of a different one now. 

Anyway . . .

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Michael is seriously a T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E friend, that he couldn't think beyond his own feelings for five minutes.

Joss is exactly the same. Carly raised some wonderful kids.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Aw at Dr. Michael Easton and Gregory smiling at each other when they got the results about Chase being Gregory's son.  I dunno why the show did this feint with the paternity - I wonder if they felt that Dr. Michael Easton could only truly be invested in finding a cure if it was HISSON, which is gross - but I like the place this landed.

It cracked me up that only now—after how many wrong DNA tests, three?—does Finn finally send the sample to two people who are incorruptible and finally get it right. That said, it's right that Gregory is actually Chase's bio dad. The show obviously didn't want to do anything with Finn being his bio dad, and given that Finn already has Violet, he doesn't need another surprise kid.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What do Cam and Chase have in common?  Their best friends are Carly's children.

yeah - pretty much. where i was watching the clip someone was basically like. Omg Poor Micheal and Willow and I am like, excuse me, poor them what? Chase deserves so much better than this.  And this dumb bunny is like. please. Chase isn't a legacy character. Chase hasn't had anything to do in 3.5 years to deserve any of this "Poor Chase" something something something Micheal, and I am like...

What?

what kind of logic is that? and I feel that's why this crap keeps going on and on. because you have all these people on twitter going "aww swoonn. Micheal and Willow have to overcome this." and i'm screaming my head off like OVERCOME WHAT they could be together yesterday, if Willow had just said. "Chase, no, look i love you. I always love you, and I would do anything to make you happy, but i am in love with Micheal. and I know you want to do this for me, so i'm not alone and I'm in your family, but I'm with my family now.  But deep down in my heart, I will always love you for what you sacrificed for me, and It's so incredibly unfair that you are going through this, and I will be with you every step of the way. we both will." 

that came off the top of my head in like 2 seconds. you could still have the  :( sad chase things because he's "dying" without having someone to be by his side who is IN love with him. but no. what they are doing is making Chase pathetic. so we root/feel bad for Micheal and Willow and the opposite happened. i loathe them both. Well I always loathed Micheal, but you get it. 

• Love 3

I'm sorry guys but.... I could care less about "legacy" characters somehow "deserving" anything.... ever.  I like a character because I like them, and I don't care if they were born on screen or just showed up yesterday.  Whoever that asshole was that was ok with Chase being shit on because he isn't a "legacy" can go kick rocks.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ouinason said:

I'm sorry guys but.... I could care less about "legacy" characters somehow "deserving" anything.... ever.  I like a character because I like them, and I don't care if they were born on screen or just showed up yesterday.  Whoever that asshole was that was ok with Chase being shit on because he isn't a "legacy" can go kick rocks.  

RIGHT?!

Honestly, I was flabbergasted. 

I mean i love the founding families (well the ones I know - Q's, Scorpio-Jones, Spencers, Wards, Webbers etc)but i never wanted them to win everything all the time or have things handed to them. I don't think they should have been completely decimated because of the mob (thanks, Guza). or basically written dumb so Carly, Sonny, Jason always win. but i don't need them/want them to always win either. I just well written stories, Love In the Afternoon. yadayada yada. 

If this was Cameron (who is a legacy character by the by) and this was written the exact same way. i would be my bottom dollar, people would still upset how this is impacting MIcheal because people "love" all things Corinthos. this isn't really about Chase (or "legacy") - but that argument really floored me. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Legacy, schmegacy.  The day Michael was born should be a national day of mourning because that friggin' red menace ate the show for years. 

The birth of this miserable piece of shit ruined the show, that’s for damned sure.

Practically every damned story centered around him.

• Love 7

I don't hate Michael, but I also don't think that characters such as him, Robin, Maxie or any of the other "legacies" are any more valuable or more deserving of story or POV or winning than any others.  Though with Michael I see it less as "legacy" and more as "Corinthos" that seems to make him untouchable.  Which is gross.

I brought it up because this is not the first time that I have heard complaints about "legacy" characters deserving more or better or whatever.  I just don't see it as a thing that should set a character above the rest.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I brought it up because this is not the first time that I have heard complaints about "legacy" characters deserving more or better or whatever.  I just don't see it as a thing that should set a character above the rest.

The logic is that peripheral characters come and go but legacy characters and families are the backbone of the show, so they deserve decent writing and consistent characterization.  Because that's also what the viewers deserve. 

That said, the writing is better than it was when I left the last time. The last few months have even surprised me on occasion. Which has been nice. 

• Love 2
(edited)

CD was doing lots of smell the fart acting during the wedding. 

Already Dante and Austin have WAY WAY better antagonistic/playful chemistry than Sam and Dante. I laughed when Dante insisted on going down the shaft and Austin said he'd laugh if Dante broke his leg, and Dante replied that he'd shoot him if he did.  

Edited by TVbitch
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

The problem with emphasizing legacy characters over characters who have come on more recently is that legacy characters stay and stay and stay and their stories can get repetitive if they're the ones who get the writing. How many times has Carly married Sonny?  And when she wasn't married to Sonny, it seems like she's gone through almost every available man on the canvas.  It feels like Sonny has slept with every petite brunette who appears on the show.  Brook Lynn has been off the show but if she hadn't, she would have gone through every available man too.

They have to write stories for the other characters, stories where they can win, because producing 250 hours of television almost every week for the same characters, year after year, when they always win in the end, is going to get boring.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

The problem with emphasizing legacy characters over characters who have come on more recently is that legacy characters stay and stay and stay and their stories can get repetitive if they're the ones who get the writing. How many times has Carly married Sonny?  And when she wasn't married to Sonny, it seems like she's gone through almost every available man on the canvas.  It feels like Sonny has slept with every petite brunette who appears on the show.  Brook Lynn has been off the show but if she hadn't, she would have gone through every available man too.

They have to write stories for the other characters, stories where they can win, because producing 250 hours of television almost every week for the same characters, year after year, when they always win in the end, is going to get boring.

I see it sort of like this. 

On All My Children, how they wrote for Bianca  - because she was a legacy character  was really respectful/well done most of the time. Yeah sometimes she got crappy writing but for the most part, she had her ups, she had her downs, she was really in the "pulse" of a lot of stories even if she didn't  have the forefront  at the time). She got kicked in the teeth (a LOT), she wasn't always Perfect Little Binx, she made horrible decisions, she got called out for said horrible decisions,  she lost as much as she won. and even when Eden Riegl left they treated Bicana's character with the utmost respect (because of said legacy) - and then when they decided they needed to tell more Binx stories and ER wasn't available, they recasted her 

Here - zero respect. they decimated the Q's, they made Lucky (Lucky!!) a deadbeat dad, the list goes on and on and on and on and on. To prop up The Merry Mob people. and it wouldn't even be so bad- but like you said they always win. Sonny and co always wins the mob wars. Micheal just shot in the head - Carly hates Sonny for like 2 minutes (instead of forever. Let's get it straight. Sonny had a choice between protecting the child he stole, and the women he was banging at the time, and he chose the woman. in any other world that would have been game over). Sonny nearly kills Jax because Carly whinges about potentially having to share custody. Jax is still kissing Sonny's butt for the most part and on and on and on and on.

I don't get why they ever really do anything because Sonny, Micheal,  Carly always win. (and Now Joss)  No one ever really claps them back. If they do. it's always twisted. yeah. but YOU are worse because YOU are wrong. this writing is supposed to make me believe that Joss is right to doubt her friendship with Cam - despite Cam being there for her always, always comforting her, checking up on her,making sure she was okay where Joss screams in his face for not trusting in Jason, and basically drawing a line in the sand between her best friend and a professional hit man, and being team hit man. What? 

Apparently i'm supposed to be team Micheal, because he's sadz because the woman he loves is marrying someone who is dying because said woman led him on for weeks that they were together, because she didn't want to end things with him just in case Micheal didn't end things with Sasha so she wouldn't be alone. And that they could have been together yesterday if Willow had taken right path and taken the out Chase gave her. That Chase deserves all this pain/lying too because he's always getting in the way of Willow and Micheal..

i can't even even with people lol

• Love 8
On 6/18/2021 at 3:40 PM, Chanandler said:

So how long before Carly suggests that she and Jason get married? Just to present a united front to the Five Families, of course. Strictly business. Not something she’s been dreaming of for the past thirty years or so, no siree.

Interesting. I hadn’t considered that outcome, but it makes sense, plot-wise. It would allow Carly to gain the upper hand over Britt, which is what she desperately wants because she cannot stand the thought of Jason having a relationship that does not involve her.  That would create a roadblock in Jason and Britt’s burgeoning romance, which has to happen anyway because it’s a soap.  It would also set up conflict with Sonny, should he chase Nina like a puppy to PC and then regain his memory.  And of course, it would allow the show to finally examine the Jason/Carly relationship, in all its dysfunctional weirdness. 

On 6/18/2021 at 8:12 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Forgot to mention, but what kind of sorcery is afoot that JPS is vibing with EVERYBODY he's in a scene with?  The Valentin/BL scenes have been an absolute delight--just the most recent in a long line of characters he's got chemistry with.

Absolutely. JPS is definitely MVP— and has been for some time.

23 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Why didn’t show marry Willow & Chase with a real priest to make it harder for her to get out of the marriage? Gonzo was nice and all but someone more official would have more impact story wise. 

Real priest or not, the vows are just ceremony. The only thing that matters, officially, is the filing of the paperwork. All Willow has to do is sign the marriage certificate “Daffne Duck” and she’s home free.

Why is Sam dressed like a boho pilgrim?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I wonder what happens when KM & DZ don’t take off which I suspect they won’t? This is the first time I recall her being in storyline limbo romance wise. The show seems to be really serious about keeping Sam & Jason apart. Not only are they never in a scene together they hardly mention each other. I wonder why the big switch? I would say it was the Billy Miller thing but that was so long ago.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I could not care less about any of Willow's issues. Send her and Michael to Greenland.

Greenland is a nice place with nice people. They don't deserve to be saddled with Willow and Michael. 

Shoot them into the sun instead. The sun will take care of them.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Daisy said:

Here - zero respect. they decimated the Q's, they made Lucky (Lucky!!) a deadbeat dad, the list goes on and on and on and on and on.

yeah, if we're going to talk legacy character that deserve respect, the friggin' son of the most well-known supercouple of all time?  THAT'S a character that's had the bus run over him a million times and the writers don't seem to give a fuck.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think they were thinking of making Chase Finn's son from day one; but for whatever reason that reneged on that.

Unless some amazing plot twist is on its way down the road, like Gonzo isn't Chase's father, either, and Jackie was the victim of some evil villain's plot to artificially inseminate her with said villain's child, and then wipe her memory of the event, then I suspect too many people guessed that Chase was Finn's son, so TPTB changed it back.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The problem with emphasizing legacy characters over characters who have come on more recently is that legacy characters stay and stay and stay and their stories can get repetitive if they're the ones who get the writing.

I'd argue that's a writing problem more than anything else. Look at how every new baddie gets completely hamstrung because Sonny/Jason/Carly always have to win. That's not because they're legacy characters, it's because the writers are lazy and gutless when it comes to giving them any real conflict. The show has been creatively bankrupt for decades because it's been allowed to be.

24 minutes ago, rur said:

I suspect too many people guessed that Chase was Finn's son, so TPTB changed it back.

Frank has been really petty that way, which cracks me up. Hello, we're watching a soap opera. We know the tropes. And it's not as if GH is especially subtle when it comes to plot.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, rur said:

Unless some amazing plot twist is on its way down the road, like Gonzo isn't Chase's father, either, and Jackie was the victim of some evil villain's plot to artificially inseminate her with said villain's child, and then wipe her memory of the event, then I suspect too many people guessed that Chase was Finn's son, so TPTB changed it back.

Pretty sure Willow was supposed to be Nina's daughter for a while before they changed gears to Nelle. The Willow actress fit the bill better looks-wise as Nina and Silas's daughter than Nelle.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Frank has been really petty that way, which cracks me up. Hello, we're watching a soap opera. We know the tropes. And it's not as if GH is especially subtle when it comes to plot.

It's really hard to find ways to do modern takes on the tropes, what with easy DNA tests, cell phones and Google. I sympathize a little but they're writers, that's what they're paid to do. 

Splitting up Sonny and Carly (even for a little while) is a pretty big task, so I get dragging out the amnesiac presumed dead plot. But even if we overlook all the holes, this is usually where they introduce a fresh face for the new love interest. Having Nina there turns it into just another riff on a woman who should know better falling for the dimples. 

If this ends up with a permanent shift, with Carly and Jason battling Sonny for the bizness and Sonny on the losing end, then I'll be impressed. But this is GH... I'd believe Sonny losing only if I see MB's retirement announced on deadline.com at the same time.

• Love 1

Surely when Sonny finds out who he is, he won't just POOF be old Sonny again. Even if he gets his memories back versus just being told about himself, hopefully he will be some mix of his new disposition and his old memories. It would be interesting if he realized he was worse than Elijah and was repulsed by his old life. 

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Pretty sure Willow was supposed to be Nina's daughter for a while before they changed gears to Nelle.

And for a while, people speculated that Nina had twins and Nelle and Willow were sisters. She still could have had identical twins and CL could show up as the other (non-evil) twin. ...I know there was only one necklace and Phyllis never said anything about twins, but they have had Grand Canyon size plot holes before and that didn't stop them.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Surely when Sonny finds out who he is, he won't just POOF be old Sonny again. Even if he gets his memories back versus just being told about himself, hopefully he will be some mix of his new disposition and his old memories. It would be interesting if he realized he was worse than Elijah and was repulsed by his old life. 

And for a while, people speculated that Nina had twins and Nelle and Willow were sisters. She still could have had identical twins and CL could show up as the other (non-evil) twin. ...I know there was only one necklace and Phyllis never said anything about twins, but they have had Grand Canyon size plot holes before and that didn't stop them.

that would be awesome.  - but I don't think MB wants that. 

that's what kinda irritates me about this show - they cater to MB/LW etc way way too much. I get they are vets  etc and they do have thatpower (I am pretty sure Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) advocates for a lot of his stuff but they also let Victor do a lot of things i bet EB is like. ehhhh. It's sort of like they are afraid that if they tell MB/LW no - they'll leave or something. (though from what i've read even though LW wants to retcon Micheal's parentage etc the show won't go there so they do draw a line) 

For example this would be a great storyline. Sonny comes back, gains his memory - and realized he's repulsed by a lot of his old life. (Not so much Jason Quartermaine to Jason Morgan - but really just more.... well sort of like Ava. Be grey. You aren't super mobster - but you're not lily white either) i think that would open up a lot of storyline potential because Jason said he shows remorse (ahuh), for what he does and Carly is hot for the buisness so switching the dynamic could be good

• Love 4