Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Bobbie was not BJs mother, Tonya was. From what I recall, there were complications when Bobbie had Carly that prevented her from having anymore biological children. 

I believe the story was that Bobbie had had several abortions when she was a sex worker and that had been the problem.  She did get pregnant when she was married to Brock, but he beat her (I think)  and she had a miscarriage.  it was after that that they said she couldn't have children (at that point Carly didn't exist even as a concept).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

From what I recall, there were complications when Bobbie had Carly that prevented her from having anymore biological children.

Bobbie had to have a hysterectomy after her husband (one of her pre-Tony husbands, I can't recall his name this minute, I do know it wasn't Jake Meyer) beat her nearly to death.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Since Peter seems to be most definitely dead, someone has to be around who knows about the safe full of antidote, and that's not-Chloe.

I thought someone posted either up thread here, or in the media thread, that the actress said she was done and enjoyed her time on the show. Of course, that could mean, they filmed her still alive and are holding onto it to air at a later date.

Oh, that's right. So I guess both Peter and not-Chloe are most definitely dead. Unless someone stumbles across the safe, that plot point is likely dropped. TFGH.

28 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Bobbie had to have a hysterectomy after her husband (one of her pre-Tony husbands, I can't recall his name this minute, I do know it wasn't Jake Meyer) beat her nearly to death.

Was that DL Brock?

• Love 1
(edited)

@Cheyanne11 - Thanks, I missed that.

Re: the DL Brock actor - David Groh - I don't recall ever seeing him in a role where he wasn't cast as an angry guy. Even when he played Rhoda's husband it seemed like he was always five seconds away from exploding.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She did get pregnant when she was married to Brock, but he beat her (I think)  and she had a miscarriage.  it was after that that they said she couldn't have children (at that point Carly didn't exist even as a concept).

Quoting myself because after looking it up, I had it a little off: Bobbi had a miscarriage due to issues from past abortions, but it was later that DL beat her and that resulted in her having a hysterectomy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Bobbie isn't BJ's biological mother, is she? Considering how little thought she gave to Lucas, her adopted child, when Wylie was ripped from his arms, I have no feels for her not having a grandchild from BJ.

Bobbie didn't lose anything when Lucas gave Wylie back to Michael (Wylie wasn't ripped from his arms, because Michael doesn't do shit like that). Instead of Bobbie being Wylie's grandmother, she's his great grandmother now. He's still part of her family. That's probably why she doesn't care about what happened to Lucas.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It is, but Willow is a different person with Michael than she was with Chase, at least pre-Wiley. (That kid is like Sonny: He ruins everything.)

I wonder if they'll keep Brook Lynn with Valentin after that story implodes or if they'll put her with Chase. Both have soapy possibilities, should the show choose to exploit them.

I'm down with BL/Chase. I find them strangely sweet together and I just can't with Willow. I'm still trying to understand how someone goes from a mature grown-up relationship to Michael.

But yeah, there are good possibilities for BL.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm still trying to understand how someone goes from a mature grown-up relationship to Michael.

Willow clearly still has issues about the baby she gave up. She's compensating by falling in love with an infant. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I'd rather see BL with Valentin than with Chase. If I have to have Liz/Fin, a couple that makes sense in real life but has little drama, I want a couple with a little more spice on my TV And Chase deserves better than someone who is a friendship romance.

On the other hand, why did Valentin tell Ned his plan to have the vote split between Ned and Michael so he can keep the CEO position? That's a stupid move worthy of Michael.

Sam makes Dante stupid. Just because Austin owns the house doesn't mean that he's involved. in the kidnapping. In fact, if he owns multiple properties around there, it makes sense that he would be hiking in those woods.

Why is Dante kicking Austin out of his own property? And is Austin a missing Quartermaine and has voting shares?

No wonder the Tano is in trouble is Phyllis is still doing the books by writing things down in an actual book like my mother use to use in the 80s  instead of a spread sheet.

Willow, who a few months was crying her eyes out when she thought that Chase was having an affair with Sasha, is now crying that she's going to have to delay sex with Michael so that she can lie to dying Chase some more.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Bobbie didn't lose anything when Lucas gave Wylie back to Michael (Wylie wasn't ripped from his arms, because Michael doesn't do shit like that). Instead of Bobbie being Wylie's grandmother, she's his great grandmother now. He's still part of her family. That's probably why she doesn't care about what happened to Lucas.

Yeah, that meant Wylie was blood. Lucas didn't matter any more.

• Love 2

Nina has been so firmly ensconced in Nixon Falls that it feels downright strange to see her at Maxie's side today offering comfort. It seems like it was ages ago that Nina, Maxie, and Britt pledged to be a family to each other, and I think putting Nina with Maxie today feels like a case of too little, too late. A real sister wouldn't have abandoned Maxie during all this turmoil.

I genuinely can't stand Michael for acting as if separating from Willow is a greater hardship than his friend losing his LIFE. The writing for these scenes is so terrible, and I'm over Weeping Willow constantly placating Michael by stressing how much she loves him. There's just zero perspective that this situation for them is of their own making, is temporary, and is in the grand scheme of things immaterial.

I'm intrigued by whatever Austin has going on with Michael/the Quartermaines. There has to be a reason he's dodged revealing his full name so far on the show. Also, shut up, Sam, just because.

Britt and Jason continue to absolutely work for me. The way he picked up on her attempt to subdue a hand tremor and immediately steered her away from Carly was great. And he was so bashful when she called him Stone Cold because when he's with her he's simply Jason! I never could have believed I'd be so into a romance centered on Jason, yet here we are.

• Love 13

I hope y'all don't tire of me, but I just can't w/Mllow. I can't w/them. They make me so sick. They are supposed to care about Chase, right? That's the narrative, but I don't see them caring about him at all. The most emotion we've seen from them is about their lame relationship!! Their supposed "good friend" is dying. He will be dead soon! No tears for his situation and fate, but Willow can drop major tears b/c she has to be apart from Michael for a while?!?! She's disgusting if you ask me.

And if she's this devastated at being apart from Michael - tell Chase the truth and be done w/it! Why is this show trying to act like they care about Chase?!? They don't. They don't care that he's dying. His impending death is just inconveniencing them. I don't know. I can't imagine caring that much about sleeping w/Michael if a person I really cared about was dying. They should have some perspective on this. They will eventually be together. Where is their care and concern for Chase? I hate these two so much. 

And what is up w/Willow acting like she can't even be around Michael w/o needing to jump his bones or something. It's odd.

I love Nava! They are great together, and I was so happy to see Nikolas standing toe-to-toe w/Jason. I love that he didn't waver and called the "business" out as being "Carly's." That was hilarious! 

I hate Sam. She is beyond annoying. 

I wonder what's up w/Austin and Michael. This was the second time he paused on seeing Michael's name. I like how he handled Sante. They were intrusive and annoying! 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I hope y'all don't tire of me, but I just can't w/Mllow. I can't w/them. They make me so sick. They are supposed to care about Chase, right? That's the narrative, but I don't see them caring about him at all. The most emotion we've seen from them is about their lame relationship!! Their supposed "good friend" is dying. He will be dead soon! No tears for his situation and fate, but Willow can drop major tears b/c she has to be apart from Michael for a while?!?! She's disgusting if you ask me.

And if she's this devastated at being apart from Michael - tell Chase the truth and be done w/it! Why is this show trying to act like they care about Chase?!? They don't. They don't care that he's dying. His impending death is just inconveniencing them. I don't know. I can't imagine caring that much about sleeping w/Michael if a person I really cared about was dying. They should have some perspective on this. They will eventually be together. Where is their care and concern for Chase? I hate these two so much. 

And Chase is bed ridden and knows that Willow has a child she needs to care for, and isn't expecting her to be by his side 24/7, so Willow could easily live a double life where she can continue to boink Michael in secret while they wait for Chase to expire. There really is no conflict at all, except for Michael and Willow being super self absorbed thinking they're doing Chase some great favor by pretending they like him. Chase has family and friends who genuinely love and care for him. He doesn't need you!

• Love 14
4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I still think not-Chloe is not-dead and will eventually show up to dispute Maxie's claims.

But who's going to believe her?  She's a crazy person, hired by a crazy person to help grab Maxie and the baby and leave the country.  Today, Dante had video of what happened in the cabin, which will show Chloe being a loony tune to Maxie.  

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if they'll keep Brook Lynn with Valentin after that story implodes or if they'll put her with Chase

I actually like her with both guys but I'm guessin Valentin wont' want anything to do with her once he finds out there was no baby.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, lala2 said:

nd called the "business" out as being "Carly's." That was hilarious! 

And he was the third person that called out the business as Carly's, including Ava, who questioned who was going to be in charge now, and Carly herself who when Jason got a text about bizness, was all, "should I know what that's about'.  Methinks Carly isn't going to give up that title without a fight and I'm here for it if the writers are brave enough to go there.  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I take it NO ONE has even thought, hey, maybe Finn ISN'T Chase's daddeeeee?

I’ll give them a little pass on this because Finn’s antidote wasn’t something that he knew would work 100%; he thought it might work but it wasn’t a guarantee.

I wonder if they'll keep Brook Lynn with Valentin after that story implodes or if they'll put her with Chase. Both have soapy possibilities, should the show choose to exploit them.

This would actually be interesting…Brooklyn and Chase get together but then after the initial not the daddy shock Valentin and Brooklyn realize they have feelings for each other. I’d be into that, making it probably won’t happen.   

• Love 3

I liked Brook-Lynn's reply about what she was doing there, she just had a baby, "That's what nannies are for."

If they can do Sam clandestinely meets up with Jason a zillion times, I don't know why Maxie can't meet Brooke in the hospital washroom and give her a bottle of milk for Bailey.  It's not as if it doesn't fit in their huge purses.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Dante was super annoying today with Austin at the end. I am no fan of Roger's characters but telling the man to walk out of his house and he didn't have a warrant? Yea, annoying.

Maybe it's the Sam effect.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Linny said:

There has to be a reason he's dodged revealing his full name so far on the show.

Speculation is that he is Jimmy Lee Holt's son, and he'll show up at that board meeting and delcare that he wants a piece of the family pie.  

38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

No wonder the Tano is in trouble is Phyllis is still doing the books by writing things down in an actual book like my mother use to use in the 80s  instead of a spread sheet.

Well, considering they don't even have a cash register but use one of those cash box thingys that I remember using in the first office I worked in back in 1989, it's not a surprise.  Computers are new fangled thingys that haven't shown up in Nixon Falls yet.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Hater said:

Dante was super annoying today with Austin at the end. I am no fan of Roger's characters but telling the man to walk out of his house and he didn't have a warrant?

Austin doesn't live there though, it's not his home.  He said he lived close by and that he owned several properties in the area, including that one.  

• Useful 1

"I don't have any other family." Maybe if you made more than the most cursory of efforts, Mike, you'd find that you did. Gah. This nonsense has been drawn out way too long.

"Don't you have kids to go home to?" "No." I know Sam said Kristina was babysitting, but truer words were never spoken.

Ugh, more "meet cute" for Sam and Dante. NOT.

"I'm back, and the less you're involved, the better." Jason, that train has sailed. Carly is pretty involved in the bidness. And can I just say that her (seemingly) meek acceptance that Jason is back as the boss is very annoying?

"I'm just frustrated with this situation." Gee, Michael, how could you change that? I'm stumped.

17 minutes ago, Linny said:

There's just zero perspective that this situation for them is of their own making, is temporary, and is in the grand scheme of things immaterial.

I find this the most aggravating part of this whole idiotic story. Telling Chase the truth has zero downside for these dingdongs except for feeling guilty, and everyone will fall over themselves to reassure Michael, at least, that he was only doing what he thought was best. No one will call them selfish assholes, which is the least they deserve. Maybe Finn, but he'll be excused for it as being understandably emotional.

22 minutes ago, Linny said:

I never could have believed I'd be so into a romance centered on Jason, yet here we are.

I like Britt and Jason, too, but I wish KT would play things a little less besotted. Britt is always looking at Jason like she can't believe she's got such a dreamy boyfriend, and Jason is anything but.

22 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I like how [Austin] handled Sante. They were intrusive and annoying! 

Same. He had a thinly veiled level of contempt that I heartily approve of.

9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I actually like [BL] with both guys but I'm guessin Valentin wont' want anything to do with her once he finds out there was no baby.  

I think it depends on how close BL and Valentin get before the secret is out. He'll be mad at her for a while, of course, but considering his history with hiding kids from their parent, it's karma. That doesn't mean BL was right, but he doesn't have the moral high ground. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Austin doesn't live there though, it's not his home.  He said he lived close by and that he owned several properties in the area, including that one.  

Regardless, he still owns the property and shouldn't be kicked out when there was no warrant to search it.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 15
(edited)

Is anyone on this show going to notice that Maxie does not give a shit about the "search" for her "missing" newborn? Her gossiping with Nina about her stupid love life today was just weird. If my literal-day-or-week old newborn had been taken by a crazy kidnapper at the request of her terrorist father, I'd be at least a little bit worried and show that concern to people. It's a shame that the characters that have more than one brain cell (Robert, Mac, etc.) and that are all connected to Maxie aren't around to get her into therapy, based on their viewpoint of the situation.

Granted, Sam didn't give a shit about looking for Drew's plane when it went down or cared that he died, and Elizabeth and Finn didn't do much to look for Hayden when she disappeared under mysterious circumstances, so this could just be par for the course in terms of Port Charles behavior.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Hater said:

Regardless, he still owns the property and shouldn't be kicked out when there was no warrant to search it.

Agreed.  But at the same time apparently anyone can just waltz into that house, since Sam was already there, snooping around before Dante got there.

I did love that Dante knew about the hidden camera that he'd clearly seen but that Sam was all "wuhhhh???".  Because she's just that clueless.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think I cried more during the BJ heart episodes than I've ever cried watching this show).

The BJ's Heart story was the best story line in soap history.   

1000x yes. That story was everything. Now I wish I had time to go down a YouTube rabbit hole and look at all those old clips. Stupid life always gets in the way. 

• Love 1

Austin should have told Sam and Dante to GTFO. He's not accused of anything, they didn't have a warrant and he owns that property,

Phyllis, Stella, Olivia and Carly need to form a Meddlers club for woman who cannot stay the fuck out of other peoples lives/relationships. If only Carly's head would have actually exploded at the sight of Jason/Britt.

Phyllis' obsession with "Mike", pushing him to Nina and not encouraging him to see if he has a family is bizarre. I'm assuming if she finds a stray dog on the road she just takes him home and if he doesn't leave that means he's unwanted so why even see if there's a microchip to see if he has a home.

Nikolas assuming it was Britt was so self involved, Britt's clearly been over him. I loved her reaction. 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Willow and Michael are mere steps away from sounding like every murderer on Investigation Discovery who was inconvenienced that their spouse/friend/ex-spouse/ex-friend/coworker was messing up their perfect life and weren't dying fast enough or going away like they were supposed to. 

And that is not what we the audience are supposed to be taking from this storyline, I hope.

• Love 11

I've got to say, I was disappointed in Amanda Setton's initial run as BL ( maybe it was her pregnancy throwing her off her game, or her stupidity with her contract/feud with Lulu/ELQ screwups) but she is really sparking with every scene partners: Valentin, Chase, Ned, even her scenes with Maxie and Willow.

I liked the Willow actress through the Aiden bullying story, cult stuff, and Chase romance, but she's no match for the chemistry black hole that is Chad Duell. 

• Love 22

Am I supposed to feel bad or sorry for Willow's tears and Michael's distress? 

This clusterfuck is of their own making. They were slept together, were circling each other, then they decided to get an annulment because reasons, all the while being jealous of Sasha and Chase. Shit like this happens when you're a coward at heart. If Sasha hadn't come in what she perceived as a moment between Willow and Michael, then she might still be dating that dumbass. And Chase gave Willow a bunch of outs that she didn't take. 

So in my own words, the two of you can go and get fucked. Thanks!

It's nice to know that these two people that Chase cares about are not only lying to him about everything, but that they are more distressed over their relationship than they are about the guy in the prime of his life about to end up six feet under.

It seems like there will be trouble between Carly and Jason over the bidness. I still don't care about Britt/Jason as a pairing because Jason is a black hole of a suck, but I'll settle for Carly blowing a gasket. 

What's making Dante and Sam think that Maxie lied to them from the video they saw? The whole thing is a blur, mainly because I didn't care about Maxie's plot which had failure written in big block red letters across it.

While I enjoy Ava and Nikolas, their schmoopie, schmoopie act wants me to bang my head on a wall. 

Mind your own business Phyllis and the whole thing about Mike convincing Lenny to talk to Phyllis about his heart and the ensuing tongue bath was just . . . sigh. So gross. Keep Sonny in Nixon Fails, then maybe stop writing anything to do with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Nikolas assuming it was Britt was so self involved, Britt's clearly been over him. I loved her reaction. 

The weird thing about Nik suspecting Britt is that there's been no interaction between them for ages. And was she even around for some of the stuff Nik is accusing her of? 

• Love 3

And is Austin a missing Quartermaine and has voting shares?

It sure seems that way.  IMO this was the Show's subtle way of all but confirming he's part of the Q Family.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Nina has been so firmly ensconced in Nixon Falls that it feels downright strange to see her at Maxie's side today offering comfort. It seems like it was ages ago that Nina, Maxie, and Britt pledged to be a family to each other, and I think putting Nina with Maxie today feels like a case of too little, too late. A real sister wouldn't have abandoned Maxie during all this turmoil.

True, and I don't understand how either Phyllis or Nina think Nixon Falls could be her permanent home. She doesn't have a job there and hasn't expressed interest in working anywhere. She doesn't have a place to live; hasn't she been staying in a room at the Tan-O all this time? At this moment, now that Elijah has been taken away to jail, she knows exactly three people in Nixon Falls: Phyllis, Lenny and "Mike." Or, 4 if you count the police officer who has dropped by a few times and questioned "Mike" and Nina.  She has spent 95% of her time in Nixon Falls in the bar with the three of them. That's not "a life" Even aside from visiting or not visiting Wiley, Maxie and James - the son of her beloved late brother/cousin - were supposed to be so very important to her. It seems like she never thought of them while she was away, didn't keep in touch, but now is 'concerned that you're obsessed with BL's baby."  Says the woman who is obsessed with another woman's amnesiac husband, and is lying because she knows Maxie would call her out.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Totally agree. I liked how Willow seemed to genuinely cry for Chase on Michael's shoulder. I thought finally, real emotion for the man who was there for her through horrible moments for more than a year, and whom she was deeply in love with.  A man who went along with a stupid plan so she could be Wiley's mother.  But THEN she's sobbing and utterly heartbroken about stepping back from her relationship with Michael, much more so than over the man who's in love with her and DYING. You would think they agreed not to see each other at all and not speak for 5 years. Michael is acting like not being openly together is a tragedy. I was appalled at the hypocrisy of the "even if it's not real?" (yes, I know he reluctantly admitted that) and thought, more proof that he is his mother's son.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Speculation is that he is Jimmy Lee Holt's son, and he'll show up at that board meeting and delcare that he wants a piece of the family pie.  

That seems very likely.   You'd think Howarth was still playing Franco, with all the scowling KeMo did throughout those scenes.

58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Don't you have kids to go home to?" "No." I know Sam said Kristina was babysitting, but truer words were never spoken

What got me was the way she said it - like nope, my kids aren't an issue because I already told Kristina she has to be there all night with them. (Because you know how vital Sam's insights are into what happened to Maxie's baby.) Her mother is in prison, Jason has moved on, she has no real job, and she doesn't want to spend time at home with her kids....so meddling with Dante's work FTW!

54 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is anyone on this show going to notice that Maxie does not give a shit about the "search" for her "missing" newborn? Her gossiping with Nina about her stupid love life today was just weird. If my literal-day-or-week old newborn had been taken by a crazy kidnapper at the request of her terrorist father, I'd be at least a little bit worried and show that concern to people.

It was weird.  I think for now people are writing it off as shock and exhaustion.  Anna flat out said to Valentin "the reality hasn't sunk in yet."  I could believe that Maxie has faith in Mac and Anna, and wants everyone to understand that she is also concerned about spending time with her first two kids. 

45 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

If only Carly's head would have actually exploded at the sight of Jason/Britt.

Oh, I think that may happen. IMO she looked both stunned and hurt (almost in tears) at seeing Jason holding Britt's hand.  It's not as strong a reaction as when she found out about Jason and Elizabeth conceiving Jake, (and not telling her), but she was definitely upset. 

31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The weird thing about Nik suspecting Britt is that there's been no interaction between them for ages. And was she even around for some of the stuff Nik is accusing her of? 

It was even weirder that he said "Elizabeth is my only ex in town, and I don't think she's the stalker type."  Even putting that aside, she's been a little busy lately and he knows it!! Also, BL is his ex, too! She's definitely a schemer and he is aware of that.

• Love 5

All of Nik's exes in Port Charles have had other things on their mind. Elizabeth with Franco's death and Chase; Britt with running GH, now confirmed Huntington's, and recently being on the run with Jason; and Brook Lynn with her baby scheme. 

Nik and Ava were the last thing on any of those women's mind.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"Don't you have kids to go home to?" "No." I know Sam said Kristina was babysitting, but truer words were never spoken.

With such an air of unconcern.  She might as well have said "Kristina is prepared to raise them, so, no, I have nothing to go home to." 

1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

If only Carly's head would have actually exploded at the sight of Jason/Britt.

She looked about ready to go over and pee on Jason's leg.  You know a scene is coming where she confronts Jason about "what the hell do you think you're doing with Britt?"  Implication being, he didn't run it passed her first. 

I hate that I'm interested in who exactly Gentle Farmer Dr. Roger Howarth is and what's his relation to the Q's.  Speaking of, could Willow and Michael be anymore self-absorbed?  Someone they claim to love is dying (supposedly) and they're acting like the world is against THEM.  God, they're the worst.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Speaking of, could Willow and Michael be anymore self-absorbed?

Of course they can. They reach new levels of self-absorbed and suck every single time they deign grace our screens.

Now we'll be treated to longing looks across the room and Michael looking like a beaten dog because that's the only expression he knows. And Willow will sob and weep in her pillow while Chase is asleep beside her.

I'm genuinely not sure if the writers know how they've written them. But they get extra vile every episode they're on.

• Love 15

Now that Carly saw Jason making googly eyes at Britt, hopefully she will punish him by taking control of the business. 

With Nina questioning Maxie's "obsession" with BLQ2, looks like they are setting the stage for everyone to think Maxie just has grief psychosis when she finally reveals the baby is really hers. 

I have no words for Weeping Willow. Ugh. 

• Love 5

I understand that it would be very soapy for Brook Lynn to refuse to give back the baby and everyone think that Maxie is nuts but 1. it would make Brook Lynn an awful person to refuse to give Maxie her baby back and 2. Maxie could just demand a DNA test. Bobbie and Britt would both testify to the plan to get a court order.

I find this the most aggravating part of this whole idiotic story. Telling Chase the truth has zero downside for these dingdongs except for feeling guilty, and everyone will fall over themselves to reassure Michael, at least, that he was only doing what he thought was best. No one will call them selfish assholes, which is the least they deserve.

Are the writers writing them as garbage people on purpose? Willow is crushed that she can't be with Michael in public rather than because the man she loved a few months ago is dying, and Michael might as well develop a permanent pout for all the sympathy he's giving Chase. Willow definitely does not deserve to be Chase's dying wish.

Is Wylie living in the gatehouse permanently now? It seems like they're always putting him to be there.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is Wylie living in the gatehouse permanently now? It seems like they're always putting him to be there.

Yes. Michael moved himself and Wiley into the gatehouse approximately 8 seconds after he and Willow decided they were in love. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I understand that it would be very soapy for Brook Lynn to refuse to give back the baby and everyone think that Maxie is nuts but 1. it would make Brook Lynn an awful person to refuse to give Maxie her baby back and 2. Maxie could just demand a DNA test. Bobbie and Britt would both testify to the plan to get a court order.

Are the writers writing them as garbage people on purpose? Willow is crushed that she can't be with Michael in public rather than because the man she loved a few months ago is dying, and Michael might as well develop a permanent pout for all the sympathy he's giving Chase. Willow definitely does not deserve to be Chase's dying wish.

This show really sucks at nuance. This is a triangle that should be more balanced and complex, especially that she knows Chase faked cheating on her in order to save Wiley.  I haven't really watched, but after reading all the comments, aside from money, there isn't another reason that she should be in love with Michael and tolerate Chase. And if they wanted to make the friendship between Michael and Chase deeper, his friendship with a good and honest cop should have him questioning Jason and Sonny's lifestyle choices, especially if Sonny would try to manipulate Michael in order to get evidence away from Chase. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I just wonder how long they can keep Maxie & Louise apart. As of now we don’t know where Peter has been dumped. How long are they going to keep him “alive” in Port Charles to continue the storyline?! I guess they could go to Plan B where Brook Lynn doesn’t want to give Louise back to Maxie. While it would make Brook Lynn look bad I doubt the show cares about that. It would just make them continue to stretch out the storyline even more. B&B did it like for 2 years with their baby storyline. I guess I’m trying to figure out what the shows (maybe they don’t know either) endgame is with baby Louise. Then you throw in KS real life drama which may extend it further. Anyone?

• Love 1
(edited)

Xx

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'd rather see BL with Valentin than with Chase. If I have to have Liz/Fin, a couple that makes sense in real life but has little drama, I want a couple with a little more spice on my TV And Chase deserves better than someone who is a friendship romance.

I agree that Liz and Finn are not a recipe for melodrama, but I like the prospect of a supportive, loving couple who are friends and have each other’s backs. And have decent chemistry besides. It’s a good counterpart to the kind of volatile relationship that Brook Lynn and Valentin have, which I also like for different reasons. They remind me of Nik and Ava (who have been backburnered for far too long), with the kind of flirty antagonism that brings out each other’s most interesting qualities. BL + Val= fireworks. BL + Chase= solid friendship, which the show needs and should not mess up.

11 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Mmmm… pie. Today, for the first time, I found myself interested in Prairie Doc Austin and his Gentle Ways. Maybe because he put on grownup clothes and gently put Sam in her place.  A Q connection would be fine. As long as he’s not a long-lost Corinthos.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

A DNA test? That will show actual valid results?? At GH??? Surely you jest.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I buy Finn not thinking the DNA test wasn't valid. The only reason he thought to re do it was because Chase was upset; he had no reason otherwise to think it might have been tampered with. I think the reason it was tampered with was incredibly lame in the first place. Cyrus wanted to mess with Jackie but then not tell her why that happened or do something else when her family resolved what happened? Oookaaay. 

I think if they were just going to reverse it in 3 months they shouldn't have bothered but at least they established Finn is old enough to be his dad; there were comments that said they looked too close in age and I thought that was ridiculous.

Edited by ulkis
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"I don't have any other family." Maybe if you made more than the most cursory of efforts, Mike, you'd find that you did. Gah. This nonsense has been drawn out way too long.

The fact that SMike and Phyllis both kind of laughed after he said it was really very sad actually. What kind of people are they?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Phyllis, Stella, Olivia and Carly need to form a Meddlers club for woman who cannot stay the fuck out of other peoples lives/relationships.

It's a trope I hate for female soap characters nearing or past 50, and those four are all at least played by actresses 50 or over. Kate Roberts on DOOL was just off-the-charts insane about interfering in the love/sex lives of her several adult children, but I'm sure there have been famous examples on all the daytime soaps.

(It's funny that Alexis has been screamed at so much for trying to control her daughters' lives, especially by Kristina, and she's actually a lesser offender, as soap moms go.)  

If those four formed a club, though, it would probably go terribly wrong. They'd get tips from each other!

• Love 2
(edited)

Carly's stricken face when she saw Jason and Britt holding hands filled me with glee, especially given how dismissive she was of Britt earlier.  I still worry about the long-term consequences of Britt being involved with Jason, but this is an aspect of it I quite enjoy.  And I hope Britt, when Carly inevitably sticks her snarling nose in, doesn't give her an inch.

And as a bonus, some more snarky ex repartee between Britt and Nikolas.  Although I don't know why he suspected her of stalking him and Ava, Britt has not expressed a romantic interest in Nikolas in quite a while.

In other news, what was with that weird scene of Jason dressing for a mobular day?  Where is that bedroom?  Where does he live?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, what was with that weird scene of Jason dressing for a mobular day?  Where is that bedroom?  Where does he live?

It kind of looked like the MetroCourt, but I'm not sure it was.

That was definitely a weird scene.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

It's a trope I hate for female soap characters nearing or past 50, and those four are all at least played by actresses 50 or over. Kate Roberts on DOOL was just off-the-charts insane about interfering in the love/sex lives of her several adult children, but I'm sure there have been famous examples on all the daytime soaps.

(It's funny that Alexis has been screamed at so much for trying to control her daughters' lives, especially by Kristina, and she's actually a lesser offender, as soap moms go.)  

If those four formed a club, though, it would probably go terribly wrong. They'd get tips from each other!

Helena Cassadine helped kidnap two brides for her son Stavros.

49 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

To "show" that Jaysus was BACK? Now that all charges have been dropped?

I LOATHE the SHEBEAST so much, that I literally was cackling at Jason's dismissive "I'm handling it" and am in charge now, so skedaddle. Okay, he didn't say skedaddle, but the inference was there, and I LOVED it. Just keep her snarly maw out of the loop and push her further out, please, Jason. If you do, I promise not to snark against you for awhile.

WSLS and Weeping Willow are such garbage, as others upthread have stated. Just own your goddamn selfishness. Marry Chase out of pity, but that doesn't stop you from boinking each other. So just stop with the "we're losing him" because neither of you gives a good goddamn.

And in NO universe is the WSLS Chase's friend anymore. Not after he punched Chase in the balls after finding out he and Sasha lied--a LIE that benefitted his whiny and needy ass. Not the opposite. He was already using Chase and getting him to bend and twist the law when Chase was with Willow, and he was with Sasha. That's not friendship.

Dante, aside from his out of character assholishness toward Austin, would be a better friend to Chase.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought so at first too, but I looked and didn't see a number on the door when he left.

• Useful 1