Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Anna is painful to watch anymore. Most people trace this back to Peter/Heinrich showing up, but personally I've found her a blinkered moron since the #JusticeForDuke days.

I think it actually first started when she was fan girling over/had a fling with Noah's doppelganger, Eli Love. That was awful. While I hated the #JusticeForDuke b.s., at least that was somewhat believable because of Anna's history with Duke. 

• Love 3

Franco wasted his entire windfall on Kiki's medical school tuition. I'm sorry, but her mother and uncle have plenty of resources, not to mention daddy Silas' entire estate (which never was resolved, as far as I've seen/not seen). He should get a refund on the tuition costs not incurred by Kiki, being dead and all, and use that for Cam and any other extra expenses.

Also, for the first time yesterday, I thought his hair looked great...did they pin his ears back so they could give him a shorter, more attractive 'do?

• LOL 2

Ava looked amazing and I loved her interactions with both Trina and Franco.  I actually took a picture of my television so I can have a picture of her haircut for my hairdresser next time I go for a cut, it’s fantastic.

Yesterday was the first time I actually didn’t totally hate Brooke Lynn....she was good with Mike and made some good points to Sonny as well.

• Love 6

I also love Ava’s hair cut and color but just hate that lipstick on her. She looks like she’s been eating on a bloody dead deer. I don’t think that matte lipstick is flattering on any woman, actually. 

• Love 5

I genuinely hate Peter. The more Anna defends him, snots over him, the more I want someone to shove him down a well. There are wells in PC still, right?

Is Peter 40 or 5? If Peter wants to be good, he'll be good. If he wants to be bad, he'll be bad. No amount of trying to shove him toward the light will make him good. But shove harder, maybe he'll walk down that endless tunnel and never come back.

Sam, I want to leave here. 

Jason: The kids will grow up without their family, you will never see your mother and sisters. There's also a mob war brewing and I can't leave Sonny.

I don't mind the Ava/Nina budding friendship. 

Are we even sure Valentin is Helena's son? He's such a weepy person. That is not Helena Cassadine's son. They must have given her the wrong child in the hospital.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I just laughed so much at Sam's outrage over not getting her deal as she tried to help in "bringing a murderer to justice!!" because Robert's boss(es) don't want to work with the Mob after the Mob is responsible for the recent surge in violence. Robert's sorry (but not for you) attitude is also amusing. I rolled my eyes that Sam wants to run away with Jason and the kids because their life is so unfairrrrr..... That crying, simpering face of hers as Jason comforted her is just as loathsome as when Carly cries and whines about whatever is going on with her family.

Show, making Anna be Luke Skywalker in her desire to turn Peter aka Darth Vader to the good side because he never had a fair life as Faison's son is such a bad look for her. I'm surprised Finn didn't get any of CF/Princess Leia's lines verbatim today. Peter did look worried when Robert told him Anna can't protect him from Jason.

@GHScorpiosRule you need to watch this episode to hear Robert say, "Congratulations, you've protected a murderer" to Anna.

I also laughed a lot at Valentin's WTF face and shock/outrage that he's not related to Alexis.

Maxie is super annoying trying to demand answers of Jax about the kiss with Nina ... and what is that shapeless black dress/robe/whatever that she's wearing in the workplace??

Preview: Good to see Finn standing up for himself and Anna crying in the preview.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Are we even sure Valentin is Helena's son? He's such a weepy person. That is not Helena Cassadine's son. They must have given her the wrong child in the hospital.

I have a hard time believing Valentin is Helena's son for this reason, too. Not that he has to be a carbon copy of her, but he cries waaaaay too much. The only person he seems able to stand up to with any sort of spine is Lulu, and that's hardly a compliment. To any of them.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam, I want to leave here. 

Jason: The kids will grow up without their family, you will never see your mother and sisters. There's also a mob war brewing and I can't leave Sonny.

Also Jason (in my head): Besides, there's a big part of the viewing audience that wants us gone and, frankly, fuck them.

But for real, the only real argument he cares about is he can't/won't leave his one true love, that being Sonny.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I genuinely laughed at Valentin's face when he overheard Ava taking about Jax and Nina kissing. I'm not sure what emotion he was going for. Was it sorrow? Anger? Acceptance? Perhaps he was just trying to translate that conversation into French. No matter, it was a weird face.

Here's hoping it was Colonel Sanders he was shooting in the previews for tomorrow.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I think they only made him Helena’s son so they could explain away that comment about Helena being scared of him. They should have just made him an imposter. Valentin had the potential to be menacing early on (his first solo scene with Alexis comes to mind) but this pairing with Nina killed his character. 

Was Sam always this whiney? Her scenes are painful to watch. Also, I call BS on Jason caring if Sam or his kids are away from the rest of their families. He just won’t put them ahead of Sonny and Carly. This is the same guy who offered to break Carly out of that mental institution and escape to Canada with her. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 8

My black soul is absolutely feeding off Sam scrunching up her face and crying that it's NOT FAIR she has to spend two years apart from Jason. Maybe she'd prefer to spend those two years back in a cell at Pentonville, rubbing elbows with the Cassandra Pierces and Nelle Bensons of the world? Because a two year separation sucks, but fucking hell, at least she's got the comfort of living in her own home, spending time with her kids (lol), doing what she wants. This whiny, weak perspective just makes Sam look like a pampered brat.

And as always, the elephant in the room is that it's Jason's business that is most detrimental to the lives of Sam and her children. But she'll never hold him accountable for that and he'll never apologize or move to change, so it's easier to yell at Robert or bitch about the parole officer instead of facing the hard truths of their relationship.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Valentin had the potential to be menacing early on (his first solo scene with Alexis comes to mind) but this pairing with Nina killed his character. 

His history with Anna as the teenage hunchback and spy-in-training killed the character for me. The nonstop tears during that part of the story was just too much. I could have dealt with it had that history made Valentin into the evulest Cassadine who ever evul Cassadined, but it just turned him into a big whiner.

And yeah, he really should have been an imposter. If the Cassadines are really so wealthy, there would be at least a half dozen or so over the centuries. 

9 minutes ago, Linny said:

And as always, the elephant in the room is that it's Jason's business that is most detrimental to the lives of Sam and her children. But she'll never hold him accountable for that and he'll never apologize or move to change, so it's easier to yell at Robert or bitch about the parole officer instead of facing the hard truths of their relationship.

But...but...Sam and Jason are each other's lobster! True loves forever!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Was Sam always this whiney? Her scenes are painful to watch.

Seriously who wants to watch that shit, thank God for the ff button.

The young woman playing Emma is really really bad, her weird eye movements and emoting today, What is that all about? I am always amazed that child actors that weren't too bad as little kids are really terrible as adolescents.  I am also thinking of the kid who played Luke on Modern Family.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Was Sam always this whiney? Her scenes are painful to watch. Also, I call BS on Jason caring if Sam or his kids are away from the rest of their families. He just won’t put them ahead of Sonny and Carly. This is the same guy who offered to break Carly out of that mental institution and escape to Canada with her. 

On the plus side, I think this is the best Kelly has looked in a while.

And yes, Jason offered to break Carly out of Shadybrook with absolutely no forethought to his sons, or Sam since his no-good ass would have to had stayed gone with Carly. 

Jason will always be willing to do things for CarSon that he is not willing to do for Sam, which makes Sam extra pathetic and just a hot mess of a human being. 

He just doesn't love you as much as he loves them, you dolt.

Finola looks like she's wasting away. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's probably due to her reading the script and learning the dreck and patheticness that she needs to spout as Anna.

Well Peter and his pointy chin are the worst thing to happen to her character.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jason will always be willing to do things for CarSon that he is not willing to do for Sam, which makes Sam extra pathetic and just a hot mess of a human being. 

But at least Jason never MADE HER WEAR A SKIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LOL 6

I'm sorry, Sam wants to do what?  Run away, skip out on her parole, commit a felony that would basically make it stupid to ever come back to this country FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE because she and Jason have to not be in each other's faces for 2 years.

I'm... flabbergasted.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

@GHScorpiosRule you need to watch this episode to hear Robert say, "Congratulations, you've protected a murderer" to Anna.

Watching now and waiting for it but this:

Robert: “I’m Sorry.”

Sam: “You’re sorry!?

Me: 😆😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 at Robert’s insincere apology and lack of sympathy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Ava looked amazing and I loved her interactions with both Trina and Franco.  I actually took a picture of my television so I can have a picture of her haircut for my hairdresser next time I go for a cut, it’s fantastic.

Oh my God, I did the same thing ! She looked better than she ever has on the show and I loved it !

• Love 3

Oh that was GLORIOUS! I especially loved Robert throwing Jason in Heinrik’s face!

SHUT UP, MAXIE! and those fake eyelashes look absolutely horrid on her.

Neither this show or Sam/Borg have any idea of what the parole officer’s job is. It’s not to make it their mission in life to get their parolee thrown back in jail. It’s to help them and make sure that said parolee is abiding by the law and doing everything they can to follow the edicts of the parole! 

Yeah, yeah, PLOT! But shit like this just aggravates me.

I never thought I’d say this, but Go, Finn!

Me: NEENEER!NEENEER!NEENER!!! and 🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😆😆 at seeing Valentin’s reaction when he read he’s not a Cassadine.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

On the plus side, I think this is the best Kelly has looked in a while.

She does look good. Like she's had a good rest, which given how snoozy she is on-camera, isn't surprising. Heh.

It's gross that Sam is more upset about the situation than Jason is. I get being stoic is part of Jason's deal, but you'd think that this would bother him a tiny bit. Good lord.

Maxie's eyebrows, on the other hand, were alarming. 

Nina's blanket cape was wonderful.

LOL that Ava insists that Valentin call her Mrs. Cassadine. I wonder why she didn't go with Princess Cassadine, the way Rebecca Budig insisted.

If Nelle wants "a life-changing number" for her ELQ shares, Valentin won't have much left over to buy a majority share. I guess he was expecting to use the money from the codicil? I thought the Cassadine fortune was all gone. Nik was whining about it before he "died."

And yeah, GHSR brought it up yesterday: What happened to Jason being in Brando's hospital room with him and Carly? Unless the show is going to pretend he's stopping by after what happened today? Very weird.

"You won't see your mom or your sister again." Uh, Jason, Sam has two sisters and a brother. But then, Jason can't remember he has two kids, so I guess this is par for the course.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Uh, Jason, Sam has two sisters and a brother.

Two brothers. Right? Lucas and Leo.

ETA: I suppose it tracks that the only sibling of Sam's Jason can be bothered to remember is Sonny's kid.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Wow, I really enjoy Show today!

• Robert vs. Anna
  • Robert not giving a shit about Jasam
  • Finn vs. Anna
  • Peter tanking Jasam
  • Robert vs. Peter
  • Sam snivelling about TWO YEARS!
  • Sam pissed at herself that went to Finn.
  • Ava and Nina 😮
  • Ava vs. Valentin
  • Valentin snivelling when he found out he is not a Cassadine!

Dance Dancing GIF by Saturday Night Live

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 2/6/2020 at 9:38 AM, Asp Burger said:

I didn't mind this, actually. The Quartermaines are the prominent, eccentric family that's been in town for generations, with all sorts of scandals (before most of the family died off). It makes sense that stories get around about them. Also, Nelle had Carly's trust for months, and Port Charles has no bigger blabbermouth or shit-talker. She's always bringing up other people's bad behavior to make it seem she, Sonny and Jason are as good as anyone. Any ancient history that Carly heard from her mother, or from AJ, or from Quartermaine arguments she heard when she was living at the mansion, would plausibly become the knowledge of anyone Carly knows.  

I'm okay with the family being a source of discussion. But that's just it-those conversations are never shown. IDK. I guess if I feel a random person like Nelle knows stuff like that about Alan, for instance, there should be a brief explanation as to how she knows. I felt the moment was more the writers going "hey look at us, we know history" . The moment didn't feel organic. I get what you are saying. I just think having Nelle also add "yeah, that Carly has a BIG mouth" or some other brief  comment to explain how she knows stuff she really shouldn't know, would have been better. 

• Love 3

Two things occured to me about Sam wanting to run off since my previous post.

1.  taking the kids and running means they would have to actually take care of their own kids.  So of course Jason is against it.

2.  Unless they are planning to kidnap Jake from his home as well, that would mean Jason never seeing his son again.  Jesus Sam.

And it would be kidnapping.  Jake is legally Lucky's kid, no matter that all the kids got name changed to Webber, Aiden and Jake are BOTH Spencers in the eyes of the law.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, ouinason said:

2.  Unless they are planning to kidnap Jake from his home as well, that would mean Jason never seeing his son again.  Jesus Sam.

I am fairly certain that Jason doesn't give two fucks about Jake. 

Remember how gutted Drew was when he had to tell Jake he wasn't his father? And when was the last time Danny and Jake interacted even if off screen.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Two things occured to me about Sam wanting to run off since my previous post.

1.  taking the kids and running means they would have to actually take care of their own kids.  So of course Jason is against it.

And what about Scout, who isn't Jason's bio-child? What will they do when Drew gets re-cast?

But mostly the idea of spending the rest of their  lives on the lam with the kids, hurting the kids too by making them lie about who they are and separating them from their extended family, just because Sam can't bear to be separated from her twue luv, is phenomenally stupid even for this show.

Although I  have no doubt that they would live quite comfortably as Spinelli funnels Jason's vast wealth from his illegal businesses into secret accounts.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And what about Scout, who isn't Jason's bio-child? What will they do when Drew gets re-cast?

If that ever happens, I want Scout to tell Sam and Jason to FUCK OFF, that Drew is the only parent who loved her and who she loved, Jason is NOT her father, and Sam is the WORST for trying to erase him from her life. Something along the lines of how Maxie rejected Felicia.

And I also want a horsie.

And I know that Jason Thompson is on another soap, but Robin and Patrick are still married. I really would like to know how he feels about his children calling Heinrik "Uncle Peter." I'm thinking he's not a fan and trash talks him to Robin when they're alone.

What?

And Jeebus Cripes. I adore Brooklynn, (Emma) but damn if she hasn't developed that acting tic I can't stand: talking with without moving or opening her mouth! I'm inclined to think it's the actress's way of protesting this story line of Emma "adorrrring" Heinrik as "Uncle Peter."

Again, WHAAAT?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I am fairly certain that Jason doesn't give two fucks about Jake. 

He only shows any concern/interest when he thinks (realizes?) Jake thinks of Franco as more of a father than he ever will his actual bio dad.  I mean, hell, he only gives a fuck about Danny when it fits into his schedule--which isn't often.  

• Love 3

Is it just me, or did Valentin furrow his brow strangely, both when finding out he wasn't a Cassadine and then when hearing about Nina and Jax kissing? Could he be reverting to HunchbackBoy?
I'm still convinced that he was the result of a ONS between Hells and Faison.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

*insert GIF of Faison screaming*

cesar-faison-1014x570.jpg

I couldn't find the gif of Faison screaming in terror when Obrecht tore off the Anna mask. That look is more apropos and fitting to this!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, dubbel zout said:

To clarify, Faison wouldn't be screaming because of a ONS with Helena—a hate fuck between those two seems entirely in character—but that a crier like Valentin was the result.

Ah, got it. Then the meme I posted above is pitch perfect. Look of disgust at what a spawn from his loins turned out to as!

18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

SHUT UP, MAXIE! and those fake eyelashes look absolutely horrid on her.

15 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maxie'e eyebrows, the eyelashes, the shiny face, the hair flipped over and the color. . . it was all pretty bad.

Why is it that wardrobe and hair and makeup hate KS so much? She looks super cute in her Instagram pics AND videos so I know it is more than just her talking a thousand selfies and picking out the good one. She always looks awful on GH. Her hair looks limp and dirty as if she has gone too many days using dry shampoo. Her makeup looks caked on. We have already addressed the eyelashes. And wardrobe? Do they think she is in her fifties?

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 5