Type keyword(s) to search

Anna and Mursel: The Birds and the Bees

• Start Topic

Knowing that they got married in October, this whole "oh no, he's going back to Turkey" bullshit is frustrating and lame. A few weeks ago I theorized that they'd break up and he'd then have a come to Jesus moment and "choose" Anna and the kids. It looks like where this is headed. Those poor kids. She was low-key blaming and shaming them for his asshattery. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Knowing that they got married in October, this whole "oh no, he's going back to Turkey" bullshit is frustrating and lame. A few weeks ago I theorized that they'd break up and he'd then have a come to Jesus moment and "choose" Anna and the kids. It looks like where this is headed. Those poor kids. She was low-key blaming and shaming them for his asshattery. 

And now they can look forward to a lifetime of having to be his little compliant manservants or face their mothers guilt and wrath.  

I sure hope those kids find an acceptable path to getting the hell away from her.  Mursel is a bratty child and I have no doubt that he will run whining and complaining to Anna anytime the boys won't do his bidding....and she will take his side because she is that kinda woman.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This is the Turkish Redditor that @Mrs. Hanson mentioned.

I love this person, and hope you will reprint more of her/his comments. It's just as I/we suspected, Murcel is the village idiot. Just look at his derpy facial expressions, his complete disinterest in other human beings, even Anna's benign flirting with him out in the bee field went way over his head. And peeing on the freakin toilet seat!? Does he not know to lift the seat? 

Someone on this week's episode thread mentioned how smart [her] kids are, and I remember Mursel complaining to Anna that the older boy(s) called him stupid. It was probably evident to them from jump street that this guy wasn't right in the head. 

Another thing that has bothered me is when Anna was telling the boys how she was going to be alone "when you go off to college or whatever." It's pitiful that she's not talked to them about their future after high school, just "whatever." 

• Love 12

The “when you go off to college or whatever...” comment annoyed me so much. Mostly because she has a 5 year old!!!! She has a good 12 years before she needs to worry about being “alone”)!!!! And that’s only if her sons don’t live at home while in school or work and stay at home for a while to get on their feet. She needs to concentrate on raising her children. 

You’d think she’d be busy enough with raising her kids and working that dating would be a lower priority. (Of course she apparently saves time by not wasting time teaching her kids to not pee on the fixtures and floor.)

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

@PityFree, I'm glad someone else was irked by the way she fluffed off her kids' future. She's despicable. 

Between that and putting words in their mouth ("do you feel sad", "are you upset", etc.) and shaming them for what's happening I am now rage watching her. I would ordinarily say this is all scripted, but I don't think so. Her reactions look real. Nobody ugly cries on purpose

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 12/27/2019 at 8:11 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

There was a person on Reddit who seemed genuine who said she (or he) was from Turkey and yes, it many cultures it is shameful to bring a woman home who has kids, no matter her age (like if she can produce more grandkids) as it is deemed a burden for a man to raise kids who are not his own.  I believe this is the same person who said Mursel lied when translating the phone call home:  He said "I just found Anna has three kids" which is why his mom freaked out and said "She played you for a fool!"  Makes sense!

I understand being curious about your adult's kids mates but dang - dial down the curiosity!  My second future MIL asked me, in a respectful way:  "You have only been married once, correct?" I thought this is NOT the time to be cute - I said yes.  And my two children are the only times I have given birth.  She was like, okay!  

As long as someone is respectful and non judgmental, I have no problem with questions. It’s actually better to be asked and answer honestly than to have   Your personal information come thru some third party and cause trust issues between new family members. 
Of course, while honesty is always best,     there is no reason you need to discuss or share personal, private and possibly painful memories. 

• Love 2
On 11/18/2019 at 5:45 AM, Gobi said:

Before a new episode, they repeat the prior one with two or three bonus scenes. Usually listed as More to Love.

I still don't understand why she wants this guy? He does not look 38, maybe 48? She needs to focus on her kids rather than trying to communicate through some translation app on a phone. WTH is wrong with these people?

On 11/20/2019 at 4:42 AM, mamadrama said:

I still think that is a possibility, but Anna DID look legit upset, like she had been crying. Still, it is so weird. How can they hide the kids? None of his friends and family have social media accounts? None will ever watch this show?

I agree - she was devastated. I just hope she fully understands that he lied about her having kids the whole time. He left for America not telling them because he was terrified. Yet he makes out on the phone that when he got to the USA, he suddenly met 3 kids. His parents shouldn't be quick to hate on Anna. It doesn't appear any woman wants him back home.

• Love 9
On 12/30/2019 at 4:15 PM, mamadrama said:

I absolutely agree. She virtually blamed the children.  What sane woman brings a strange man into a home with young children?! She says she puts the children 1st but she doesn't. She is only thinking of herself.

• Love 9

The title of this show should be "Losers and Users." Most of the Americans are losers, or they would find somebody over here. And most of the foreigners are users because they just want the green card, or living a life of luxury that they think America is.  The women all seem to think they are model material.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/30/2019 at 3:46 PM, Rt66vintage said:

I love this person, and hope you will reprint more of her/his comments. It's just as I/we suspected, Murcel is the village idiot.

I agree with you 100%! It is so refreshing to read a synopsis about what is really going on (while reinforcing my concern that there is something 'off' about this guy.) No BS, no he-said, she-said lies. And thanks for the laugh with your ' village idiot' comment. Anna needs to focus on her kids and make them her priority rather than ugly-crying over a foreign troll.

• Love 4

I feel so bad for everyone in the Anna/Murcel sitiation except Murcel. Anna just seems soooo desperate to have a man in her life, it IS hard for many people to go through life without a partner. Anna is limited not just by the fact that she is 38, has 3 kids, but is fairly overweight and lives in Nebraska, limiting her options severely. IMO, the best she could hope for for the time being is a few short term flings here and there, to hopefully satisfy her craving for a man for a while. I cant stand Murcel. I DO think he speaks fluent English and the whole translator app is just for the show. I wish he would go back to Turkey and stop trolling Beekeeping Facebook pages for.women

• Love 5
On 12/31/2019 at 9:48 PM, iwasish said:

As long as someone is respectful and non judgmental, I have no problem with questions. It’s actually better to be asked and answer honestly than to have   Your personal information come thru some third party and cause trust issues between new family members. 

I agree 100%.  I was involved with her son, of course she loves him and wants the best.  I was really NOT into talking about my marriage and divorce with him so I am glad she came to me and asked.   I was like, I was married in 1994, divorced in 2011 and have two kids from that marriage.  Never been engaged before or since, never lived with anyone, yeah.....I am kinda dull!!!  

(Full disclosure:  since 1992 I have been involved with exactly two men and I have been married to both of them.  Yeah.....raising the roof here in Minnesota!!!)

Edited again to say how much I can't stand Anna for guilting her kids that "You guys will be gone someday!"  They are what. 16, 14 and maybe 8???   You have ten years before an empty nest and there is no guarantee they will leave.  Your loneliness is NOT their problem nor concern.  Get on Farmer.com and find a nice midwestern man.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
Edited as I was NOT into talking about my marriage and divorce, lol. Not at all!!!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 1/1/2020 at 10:25 PM, Lily247 said:

Anna is limited not just by the fact that she is 38, has 3 kids, but is fairly overweight and lives in Nebraska, limiting her options severely. IMO, the best she could hope for for the time being is a few short term flings here and there, to hopefully satisfy her craving for a man for a while.

I can vouch for the fact that Nebraska is chock full of men, and second marriages in which one or both of the couple have children are common.  Anna’s “limitations” as categorized above certainly would not be a deterrent to her finding a decent man.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I can vouch for the fact that Nebraska is chock full of men, and second marriages in which one or both of the couple have children are common.  Anna’s “limitations” as categorized above certainly would not be a deterrent to her finding a decent man.

Regardless of this, she evidently was not able to find a decent man where she is 😕

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I honestly don't get it, she's not hideous. Lots of women her age have children to raise, and most Americans don't care if you were married to their daddy. Clearly it was a long term relationship, since all three boys certainly appear to have the same father.

And why am I here on a Monday morning, discussing these boy's parentage....I can't quit this show. Seriously laughing at myself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Anna should lose the weight , then she'd look somewhat like Natalie.  Then she and Paul Bunyan would make the perfect couple.  He has land, she loves bees; they can run a business together and get him out of debt.  She already has kids so she wouldn't be demanding more.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 1/1/2020 at 11:25 PM, Lily247 said:

I feel so bad for everyone in the Anna/Murcel sitiation except Murcel. Anna just seems soooo desperate to have a man in her life, it IS hard for many people to go through life without a partner. Anna is limited not just by the fact that she is 38, has 3 kids, but is fairly overweight and lives in Nebraska, limiting her options severely. IMO, the best she could hope for for the time being is a few short term flings here and there, to hopefully satisfy her craving for a man for a while. I cant stand Murcel. I DO think he speaks fluent English and the whole translator app is just for the show. I wish he would go back to Turkey and stop trolling Beekeeping Facebook pages for.women

Nebraska has some good sized cities and there are 49 other states to draw from, all closer than Turkey. There are women less attractive than Anna with worse financial prospects who find mates in their general vicinity.  She should try farmers only.com. The farmers in her age range are largely educated and travel in winter. Far more sophisticated than village idiot MRSA. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Nebraska has some good sized cities and there are 49 other states to draw from, all closer than Turkey. There are women less attractive than Anna with worse financial prospects who find mates in their general vicinity.  She should try farmers only.com. The farmers in her age range are largely educated and travel in winter. Far more sophisticated than village idiot MRSA. 

Farmers are better in Turkey.

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Yes, exactly this.  Even if Nebraska didn't have any eligible men, surely there was one available in the other 48 states who was a better find than mursel.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

My husband is from Nebraska, and we have visited there often.  My observation is that Anna is the same size as a LOT of the women who live there, married or not.  Farmers like women who look like they can cook.

I suspect she was searching on Turkishbeekeeperswhowillmakeyoudenyyourkids.com

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

My husband is from Nebraska, and we have visited there often.  My observation is that Anna is the same size as a LOT of the women who live there, married or not.  Farmers like women who look like they can cook.

I suspect she was searching on Turkishbeekeeperswhowillmakeyoudenyyourkids.com

9 minutes ago, Drogo said:

If you go around advertising the site like this it's going to be harder for you and me to find partners on there.  

Spots are being blown up!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Doesn’t Anna work as a home nurse, and has beekeeping as a money making hobby? Based on that, she should be considered pretty eligible. She’s not unattractive.

I bet the Turkish farmers are better than in NE too. All you have to do is cook, clean, stay home, and hide your kids. So much better than those unsophisticated American child flaunters. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Farmers don’t live in cities lol.  They live out in the country near small towns because they need lots of land for, ya know, farming.

Anna lives in a suburb of Omaha - we’re talking a metro area of I think 800,000 or more.  Quite a difference.

• Love 1
On 1/1/2020 at 11:25 PM, Lily247 said:

This "fairly overweight" woman looks pretty average to me. In fact, I wouldn't have noticed her weight if it wasn't pointed out. She is a single woman who is subjectively attractive and she has a good job and a house. Nebraska isn't the acrctic-she lives in a metro area that has a pop of almost 1 million people. 38 isn't akin to being dead on the hook, it is barely even middle aged and even then it doesn't mean women are no longer desired. Unlike in Hollywood, in the real world women continue to love and live fulfilling lives and attract men even after they leave their 20s.

We don't know how hard she looked for a man or if she even looked at all. She met Mrsa in a beekeeping group, not on a dating site. The fact that she is trying to marry a foreigner does not mean that she went through the entire Match.com database for the midwest and was turned down by everyone.

• Love 14
On 1/6/2020 at 8:52 PM, mamadrama said:

This "fairly overweight" woman looks pretty average to me. In fact, I wouldn't have noticed her weight if it wasn't pointed out. She is a single woman who is subjectively attractive and she has a good job and a house. Nebraska isn't the acrctic-she lives in a metro area that has a pop of almost 1 million people. 38 isn't akin to being dead on the hook, it is barely even middle aged and even then it doesn't mean women are no longer desired. Unlike in Hollywood, in the real world women continue to love and live fulfilling lives and attract men even after they leave their 20s.

We don't know how hard she looked for a man or if she even looked at all. She met Mrsa in a beekeeping group, not on a dating site. The fact that she is trying to marry a foreigner does not mean that she went through the entire Match.com database for the midwest and was turned down by everyone.

This is simply a "cultural difference." 

I come from a region where women live by a certain cultural standard, tend to eat healthy food and healthy sized portions, take very good care of themselves. After having a baby, the women try to lose the weight quickly as well. I myself struggled with weight for several years after having kids. 

I am from not far from where Natalie lives, and though she is pretty, over there it would be a struggle for her to get married to a local man, as is evidenced by the fact that she keeps pushing for a baby with Mike despite major, potentially dealbreaking differences between them.

Of course, everyone deserves love, however I get a sense from how Anna acts with Mursel that she really, really does not want to lose him, despite the fact that they can barely communicate, he doesnt care for her kids, doesnt seem to have any independent income, etc. In the real world, people do get married in middle age, with kids, not a size 6, etc. But it makes it more difficult. I know quite a few single women middle aged with children and they complain often how hard it is to meet a quality man. Where I am from, someone in that situation would face severely limited choices because of the abundance of lovely ladies, and so they migjt resort to dating married men (Russian men having wives + girlfriends is definitely a thing there, which is what I suspect about Natalies ex husband.)

Edited by Lily247
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I am from not far from where Natalie lives, and though she is pretty, over there it would be a struggle for her to get married to a local man, as is evidenced by the fact that she keeps pushing for a baby with Mike despite major, potentially dealbreaking differences between them. 

I have a strong feeling everyone local to Natalie has seen her extreme immaturity and wants no part of her. Anyone that drives around recklessly, laughing like a juvenile delinquent, can miss me all the way, and that's just one aspect of her OH HELL NO personality. She was laughing while she put lives at risk.

I'm curious to know more about her mom; my guess is she's past ready for someone, anyone, to take Natalie off her hands.

• Love 16

Anna said something at the beginning as she tried to date locally but all she got were dick pics or something to that effect.

I am sure that she could have found someone in her area.  There's the Bee Keepers Association of Nebraska https://nebraskabeekeepers.org/  plus I remember seeing online she attends fairs and expos to sell her bee products which automatically you meet alot of people as these things.  

I honestly cannot see how or why Mursel really got her fancy.  It just cannot be the bee thing.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Anna said something at the beginning as she tried to date locally but all she got were dick pics or something to that effect.

I am sure that she could have found someone in her area.  There's the Bee Keepers Association of Nebraska https://nebraskabeekeepers.org/  plus I remember seeing online she attends fairs and expos to sell her bee products which automatically you meet alot of people as these things.  

I honestly cannot see how or why Mursel really got her fancy.  It just cannot be the bee thing.

I remember that, but she would have a more meaningful conversation with a local yokel who sent her a dick pic. 

She also could have changed her dating parameters to search for people in neighboring states......or even the entire United States.  I agree with you..  why mursel?

• Love 8

There may be plenty of women Anna’s size, but there’s no way she’s average. The average American woman is about 5’4 and 160 which is overweight. Anna is bigger than that. 

And yes, I know farmers do not live in cities. 

Anna needs to find a better dating site if all she got was dick pics. I’ve never got even one, and I’d probably get more interest than Anna. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 2

I finally got up to speed with these two idiots. Hiding her children?? What the shit is going on here? What is this, Flowers in the Attic? I detest Anna for the psychological abuse she’s inflicting on those poor kids. I thought I loathed Tiffany (of Tiffany & Ronald) for guilting her child. But this? This is next level. Mursel and Anna are despicable human beings. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kroliosis said:

I am so confused. I thought I read these two had been married. Guess not?

No, you're right. We saw that information. Wait until next week when Mursel gallantly decides to stand up and be a 40 year old man and not get on the plane and they all live happily ever after. 😜

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 1/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, greekmom said:

You’re kidding, right? The guy exudes sexiness. 

• LOL 9

I came here this morning to verify the spoiler that they are indeed married. If thy are it makes me wonder how much of last night was flat out acting and drama. Because to manipulate him and beg would be much more sad. 

Idk If this has come up here but I found Anna’s LinkedIn. She taught English As a second language in rural Mexico for years. Years that would match up with the birthdates of her older two boys. If she met their dad there, is he still there ? Is Mursel her first or subsequent foreign fiancé ? The real REAL question:  If she is a skilled ENGLISH/ESL teacher why the hell cant she teach Mursel frickin ENGLISH! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I came here this morning to verify the spoiler that they are indeed married. If thy are it makes me wonder how much of last night was flat out acting and drama. Because to manipulate him and beg would be much more sad. 

Idk If this has come up here but I found Anna’s LinkedIn. She taught English As a second language in rural Mexico for years. Years that would match up with the birthdates of her older two boys. If she met their dad there, is he still there ? Is Mursel her first or subsequent foreign fiancé ? The real REAL question:  If she is a skilled ENGLISH/ESL teacher why the hell cant she teach Mursel frickin ENGLISH! 

I think this is why I am not enjoying this season.   It is all so fake & recreated. Like to a high level that isn't even trying to trick me!  I know which couples have been married, so this is all so ridiculous.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

The real REAL question:  If she is a skilled ENGLISH/ESL teacher why the hell cant she teach Mursel frickin ENGLISH! 

If she was teaching beginners in Mexico she probably spoke passable Spanish or had an interpreter.  My husband taught advanced ESL to foreign officers from many countries, and the only foreign language he is fluent in is German.

I think we are being punked about his inability to speak English, although I suspect he is self-conscious when being filmed so he defaults to Turkish.   He has enough English for her to teach him so if he doesn't know it, it is because he doesn't want to learn.  

As I said in the live chat,  they can both buzz off as far as I am concerned.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

This leads me to believe there are numerous rural Mexicans who think they speak English but are actually wandering around saying things like “Me, you, finished!” and “I want to punch you”

This leads me to wonder if broken English is somehow more understandable because a lot of people seem to resort to Flintstones English when speaking to a foreigner.  If they don't understand the words are they going to understand them better of you put them together in a way that's grammatically incorrect?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

This leads me to wonder if broken English is somehow more understandable because a lot of people seem to resort to Flintstones English when speaking to a foreigner.  If they don't understand the words are they going to understand them better of you put them together in a way that's grammatically incorrect?

On a serious note, possibly. A foreigner may have a rudimentary knowledge of English, without knowing the correct verb tense, sentence structure, etc. So, "You go." might be understood, but not "You must leave now." .

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

On a serious note, possibly. A foreigner may have a rudimentary knowledge of English, without knowing the correct verb tense, sentence structure, etc. So, "You go." might be understood, but not "You must leave now." .

So.....he probably knew that Anna wanted to punch him?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I hate when the show infuses fake dramatic exchanges in an effort to keep viewers. I had noticed Mursel always wore a wedding ring during his TH comments, so I figured they must have married despite the sob story farewell at the airport. Mind you, those were REAL mascara dripping tears in Anne's case. I wonder what she'll think when she watches the show and sees how badly Mursel lied to his parents, and how judgemental and horrible his parents' reactions were?

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I finally got up to speed with these two idiots. Hiding her children?? What the shit is going on here? What is this, Flowers in the Attic? I detest Anna for the psychological abuse she’s inflicting on those poor kids.

I agree, and for the life of me I cannot justify why anyone would share with her children the fact that the 'man she loves' is ashamed to to his family and friends that they exist. How does that make children feel - Mom's happiness is going to be destroyed because we exist?

• Love 4
On 1/12/2020 at 7:48 PM, Mrs. Landingham said:

I finally got up to speed with these two idiots. Hiding her children?? What the shit is going on here? What is this, Flowers in the Attic? I detest Anna for the psychological abuse she’s inflicting on those poor kids. I thought I loathed Tiffany (of Tiffany & Ronald) for guilting her child. But this? This is next level. Mursel and Anna are despicable human beings. 

Yeppers!!  I hate Tiffany about as much as I hate Anna.  Women (and men but sadly I see it more with women, maybe as I am girl, lol?) who treat their friggin' CHILDREN as collateral damage are dead to me.  Dead.  As I have nattered on before, I waited almost a year before introducing my now current (and last) hubby to them.  Truthfully?  Yes I knew my hubby as kids and teens, but my thoughts were:  "You need to prove you are special enough to know them.  Because to me, they are priceless."   So these women who seemingly toss their kids around like bouncy balls......just go away and be prepared for estrangement later and MAJOR mommy issues as they age.

PS - I am STILL squeaked out about her kids "hearing them."  EEEWWWW!!!!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree, and for the life of me I cannot justify why anyone would share with her children the fact that the 'man she loves' is ashamed to to his family and friends that they exist. How does that make children feel - Mom's happiness is going to be destroyed because we exist?

Exactly! What’s next, Anna stands up in a Turkish court and proudly repudiates her children all for some derpy moronic asswipe she barely knows? I have nothing but piercing, seething, all-consuming hate for this woman.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yeppers!!  I hate Tiffany about as much as I hate Anna.  Women (and men but sadly I see it more with women, maybe as I am girl, lol?) who treat their friggin' CHILDREN as collateral damage are dead to me.  Dead.  As I have nattered on before, I waited almost a year before introducing my now current (and last) hubby to them.  Truthfully?  Yes I knew my hubby as kids and teens, but my thoughts were:  "You need to prove you are special enough to know them.  Because to me, they are priceless."  

Mrs. Hanson, you waited because you have integrity, compassion, and love for your children and respect for yourself.  Your children couldn’t ask for a better mom. Watching these idiotic women recklessly and almost gleefully endanger their children by bringing a strange man into their home and lives and immediately prioritizing said man over the children is horrific. And in Anna’s case, being willing to pretend her children don’t exist? Absolutely beyond the pale. 

• Love 5
On 1/12/2020 at 11:32 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

You’re kidding, right? The guy exudes sexiness. 

I want to kees you.

I just fell in love with these dolts. The cryfest, him wanting to “Kees” her, she wanting to punch him, and him wailing and falling to his knees. I laughed my ass off. I’m in for another season. And MRSA trotting off stiffly with his little man purse strapped on. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7