Type keyword(s) to search

Anna and Mursel: The Birds and the Bees

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Mrs. Hanson, you waited because you have integrity, compassion, and love for your children and respect for yourself.  Your children couldn’t ask for a better mom. Watching these idiotic women recklessly and almost gleefully endanger their children by bringing a strange man into their home and lives and immediately prioritizing said man over the children is horrific. And in Anna’s case, being willing to pretend her children don’t exist? Absolutely beyond the pale. 

@Mrs. Landingham - aw shucks.  Thank you for your kind words.

Another chap on Ms. Anna?  Guilting her kids for "being gone someday."  Yeah, that is how it works, lady.  You teach them to walk then walk away.  They get to have their own young adult lives with college, trade school, military, etc. and you get to be an empty nester.  It is not their job to entertain you and keep you company.  Leo is what, 8?  He will be around for ten years, lady!!!

Here are my awesome sons!  AGAIN!  Good luck getting me to NOT talk about them, lolol!!!!

_storage_emulated_0_Android_data_com.samsung.android.messaging_files_20181101_184355_1541117051789_001 (1).jpg

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

@Mrs. Landingham - aw shucks.  Thank you for your kind words.

Another chap on Ms. Anna?  Guilting her kids for "being gone someday."  Yeah, that is how it works, lady.  You teach them to walk then walk away.  They get to have their own young adult lives with college, trade school, military, etc. and you get to be an empty nester.  It is not their job to entertain you and keep you company.  Leo is what, 8?  He will be around for ten years, lady!!!

Here are my awesome sons!  AGAIN!  Good luck getting me to NOT talk about them, lolol!!!!

_storage_emulated_0_Android_data_com.samsung.android.messaging_files_20181101_184355_1541117051789_001 (1).jpg

Your son with the glasses looks JUST like you.  Do you guys get tired of hearing it?  

• LOL 1
38 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Your son with the glasses looks JUST like you.  Do you guys get tired of hearing it?  

That is funny because my younger one (the one on the left) and I look alike when I am wearing contacts.  But now that my older one's face has thinned out (he used to have chubby cheeks, not heavy, just genetics) and wears glasses (as do I 99% of the time) yes we hear it a lot and no I never get tired of it!!!!

Fun fact - my younger one has always been a Blondie McBlond yet his beard grows in black.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

Yes they are!  It looks like that could be at Target Field, and one of them is wearing a Braves cap?

We are at Coors Field.  My older one has a Braves hat as he is on a quest to see MLB games in their home stadiums.  He has gone with friends or with me.  Last summer we saw Detroit, Miami, and Tampa Bay (three games in three days!) and a two day trip to St Louis and KC, seeing the cardinals and the royals.  Summer 2019 was DC and Baltimore, plus colorado!

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

What fun!  Other than at our home field I've only been to the old County Stadium in Milwaukee, and Fenway in Boston.

Out of the thirty stadiums, he has been to 15.  The criteria is he has to see at least one pitch thrown (rainouts, etc) and one full inning.  He likes to stay for all, obviously, but when we were in Baltimore we could not stay as we needed to take the train back to DC.  It is funny - he had HORRIBLE separation anxiety (from me) as a kid from like 15 months to....no lie......15 YEARS old.  Now?  He flies all around the dang country!!!  

Seattle and Cincinnati will be stand alone trips, otherwise he/we try to get two cities in one trip.  The Detroit/Miami/Tampa was super fun as pulling it all together was a blast!  Boston might be a solo one as well, we will see.

Back on Anna and Mursel, you say?  Ugly crying and I wanted to yell "JUST LEAVE ALREADY!!!"

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Out of the thirty stadiums, he has been to 15.  The criteria is he has to see at least one pitch thrown (rainouts, etc) and one full inning.  He likes to stay for all, obviously, but when we were in Baltimore we could not stay as we needed to take the train back to DC.  It is funny - he had HORRIBLE separation anxiety (from me) as a kid from like 15 months to....no lie......15 YEARS old.  Now?  He flies all around the dang country!!!  

Seattle and Cincinnati will be stand alone trips, otherwise he/we try to get two cities in one trip.  The Detroit/Miami/Tampa was super fun as pulling it all together was a blast!  Boston might be a solo one as well, we will see.

Back on Anna and Mursel, you say?  Ugly crying and I wanted to yell "JUST LEAVE ALREADY!!!"

Baseball stadiums are better in Turkey, I've heard.  

(Unrelated, I've worked in baseball for ...idk since 1997 and I gave up my quest to hit all stadiums a few years ago when I hit a point of "I never want to see a baseball game again unless i'm getting paid...." 🤣🤣)

I only watched about 20 min of this week's epi and I just can't do it anymore.  Anna and Murcelllll are just a) so fake, and b) BARELY BELIEVABLE AS HUMAN BEINGS.  

TLC hit a new low with this season.  They're all unbelievably boring, stupid, AND unlikable.  Good job, TLC.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I only watched about 20 min of this week's epi and I just can't do it anymore.  Anna and Murcelllll are just a) so fake, and b) BARELY BELIEVABLE AS HUMAN BEINGS.  

While I totally agree about Anna and Mursel being fake... her sons' frustration and anger is not.  Those kids are going to deal with this bullshit for their whole lives.  I can't imagine putting my kids through something like this, real or fake, just for some "fame."  No amount of money or exposure is worth what she's putting her kids through.  They sure don't seem to think it's fake.

• Love 12

Honestly? I don't think this couple IS fake. I think they're pretty much the despicable people they appear to be. We know that they get married and that he most likely does not get on that plane, but I think all that blubbering and carrying on is legit. It's almost too weird not to be.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

We are at Coors Field.  My older one has a Braves hat as he is on a quest to see MLB games in their home stadiums.  He has gone with friends or with me.  Last summer we saw Detroit, Miami, and Tampa Bay (three games in three days!) and a two day trip to St Louis and KC, seeing the cardinals and the royals.  Summer 2019 was DC and Baltimore, plus colorado!

We've completed that goal.  It was awesome.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We've completed that goal.  It was awesome.

Super cool!  The thing is, it is not horribly expensive to complete the mission.  We are both budget airfare seekers, I can score good rates on a rental car, and seats are not too pricey.  We flew back from Orlando to MSP and our two seats on Frontier were $76 and change combined!!!  The one thing I splurge on is local food in the stadium.  While in Baltimore, I laid out $$ for crabcakes in a bun.  Way overpriced but dang it was yummy!!!  Fun side story:  On our way from St Louis to KC I was pulled over by the NICEST state trooper, ever.  Reason?  My rental car's plates did not match the make of the car.  No biggie.  The trooper asks: "What are you traveling for?"  When we told him we were on our way to Kauffman Stadium, he was all excited for us!  " You need to have the BBQ on the third level!!  Oh my gosh have a great time!!!"  

13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Honestly? I don't think this couple IS fake. I think they're pretty much the despicable people they appear to be. We know that they get married and that he most likely does not get on that plane, but I think all that blubbering and carrying on is legit. It's almost too weird not to be.

I agree, they are not that good of actors.  I will repeat what I said earlier:  Just Uber/Lyft his crap to his hotel and block him.  I would not want him touching me, crying and carrying on.  Just leave already!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Christina said:

I am a fairly active person, gym 5 times a week, don't smoke and I suffered a bad DVT after a long flight. I was initially misdiagnosed because I am really healthy. It is scarey stuff and can happen to anyone.. I wish her a swift recovery.

• Love 7
On 1/19/2020 at 9:31 PM, endure said:

I saw a photo online of Mursel & Anna saying they were married in Nebraska.....hope they're going to be happy together and somehow work out their new family.

OKay, so I had some super long days at work and needed a break and a distraction.  I looked up her county's website for marriage records.

Spoiler

They got married in September of last year.  He did not get on the plane.  We will see that on Sunday I assume.

• Love 3

There was a magnitude-6.8 earthquake in Turkey today and the death toll keeps rising. It appears that it isn't around the area Mursel is from, but it also doesn't look like he or Anna has mentioned it. They are probably still trying to keep up with the episodes aired timeline instead of reality per their NDAs. Major Efforts Underway in Turkey. (I used the BBC News link since I know US links are blocked for some people and didn't know if that applies to news sites.)

The marriage information was posted here a long time ago. They had an engagement party in Turkey and then married in Nebraska. Mursel also celebrated his birthday in Nebraska a week ago. He never left.

I have to give it to them, we knew about the marriage shortly after the episodes started airing but it actually looked like he may leave, and they kept that under wraps. It's the first time I think a couple has pulled off a threat of leaving successfully. The people who don't follow the couples threads are going to be dumbfounded tomorrow.

• Love 3

According to the aired episode, Mursel returned to Turkey and cried to his family about how much he loved Anna. His sister had nothing nice to say about Anna, but Mursel said he admitted to them that he lied about the kids because he really loved Anna, and his mom felt sorry for him and supported him in returning to be with her.

So, he went to the visa office and asked to return to America on the same K-1, which was about to expire, and they will have to marry before midnight the day his plane lands. 

Every single comment from the immigration experts about this situation has always been that his returning to Turkey ended that K-1, and they would have to start from scratch. Further, that since they knew he married here in the US, he did not ever leave the country. 

The former visa officer has responded on Reddit, and explains how it is possible he did leave. 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Christina said:

According to the aired episode, Mursel returned to Turkey and cried to his family about how much he loved Anna. His sister had nothing nice to say about Anna, but Mursel said he admitted to them that he lied about the kids because he really loved Anna, and his mom felt sorry for him and supported him in returning to be with her.

So, he went to the visa office and asked to return to America on the same K-1, which was about to expire, and they will have to marry before midnight the day his plane lands. 

Every single comment from the immigration experts about this situation has always been that his returning to Turkey ended that K-1, and they would have to start from scratch. Further, that since they knew he married here in the US, he did not ever leave the country. 

The former visa officer has responded on Reddit, and explains how it is possible he did leave. 

I thought he said he TRIED to tell them he lied about Anna's kids.  How hard he tried and whether he succeeded seemed up in the air. 

On 1/24/2020 at 11:07 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

OKay, so I had some super long days at work and needed a break and a distraction.  I looked up her county's website for marriage records.

Reveal spoiler

They got married in September of last year.  He did not get on the plane.  We will see that on Sunday I assume.

I wonder how long  he stayed in Turkey?Producers and Anna implied it was only a very brief time, a few days at most. But Joey said he had been gone “a while”. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I wonder how long  he stayed in Turkey?Producers and Anna implied it was only a very brief time, a few days at most. But Joey said he had been gone “a while”. 

To a teen boy a few days can seem like a while, maybe?

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

You may be right... I’ll have to watch previous  episodes and see if they mentioned how long he had been in the states. 

30 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

He had finally escaped the shackles if the Turkish dimwit who made everyone cater to him. Every day probably felt amazing and long.....but it's over now.  Sorry kid. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The only benefit is that perhaps there won't be much arguing and no chance of verbal insults from new husband. Will this man be happy in USA away from his family? Hmmm.....lol.  Will her boys ever be crazy over him the way they are in her mind?  I doubt it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The only benefit is that perhaps there won't be much arguing and no chance of verbal insults from new husband. Will this man be happy in USA away from his family? Hmmm.....lol.  Will her boys ever be crazy over him the way they are in her mind?  I doubt it. 

Anna knows full fucking well that she is guilting and manipulating those kids into saying they like mursel.  Her youngest sounded like he was reading a random demand.  

I hope Joey sticks to his guns and doesn't attend the wedding in protest.  Anna is so desperate to present a happy picture for friends and family and she is only sour because she knows that if Joey isn't there people will realize that her kids don't like mursel.  

However, I'm sure production will pressure Joey to attend because they think Anna and Mursel are some "rootable" love story. 

• Love 6

I came here hoping there would be a time line of when he left. I guess I am going to check the DVR later and rewatch the crying episode. I want to know what day he supposedly left Omaha, like was it 20 days left to wed or 30 days left to wed? As someone that tried to help my mom who got very ill with a visa issue for someone who had l just left the country and had a 6 month visa and did not use even half of the time and was denied letting that person come back until a waiting period was met (which was over a month) , this whole reissue with 6 hours left seems off to me, 

I also see conflicting statements from the kids. I think we missed something? It seems like the younger to kids like him or kind of miss him. Leads me to believe that there were some fun things they did like family outings or play games that we missed. I kind of feel like Mursel would have stayed up playing video games with the kids while Anna slept and then she got up for work (she has a regular 9-5 job besides bee keeping). 

If the whole we have to get married in 6 hours is true, Anna should not force her kids to go. Again if he really left and she is just giving them this news, she should give it some time. If she wants to marry him in 6 hours, get a justice of the peace to marry you are baggage claim. Then she could plan a nice simple ceremony a few months later after the kids had time to adjust and accept (or not accept) the situation. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Anna should not force her kids to go.

I agree, however I think Joey might regret it later.  I can't imagine fostering a relationship with my kids where there is resentment and anger but Anna did that quite nicely.  It was like I was talking to the screen: "So you want to alienate your children, manipulate their emotions and foster bad feelings?  Just keep doing what you are doing!!"  

• Love 1

I wanted to like Anna, but, she came off as very immune to her children's needs and completely tone deaf about the concerns of marrying a man you can't carry a conversation with.  She seems delusional to me. Best wishes for the kids. She seems more concerned with some fantasy in her head and not with reality.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree, however I think Joey might regret it later.  I can't imagine fostering a relationship with my kids where there is resentment and anger but Anna did that quite nicely.  It was like I was talking to the screen: "So you want to alienate your children, manipulate their emotions and foster bad feelings?  Just keep doing what you are doing!!"  

Are weddings (I assume Anna is not having some strict religious or grand ceremony) that important anymore to attend? I am surprised at how many people I know that have only been to 2-3 weddings in their life. My husband's father died and his mother remarried kind of fast. My husband was 18 and did not attend. He does not regret it. He still visited his mom and step dad , we bought them Christmas and birthday gifts, they attended school events when they could when we had kids. His step dad seemed like a decent guy when I got to know him but at the time of the marriage is was very stressful situation with blending the family and it might have been right choice he made  to step back and let things settle down. 

Again I think we are missing something with the kids and Mursel. It seems like every conversation Anna has with Joey is about the band practice (or previously why Mursel won't tell his family) so either they are cutting parts out or maybe they have little to talk about or maybe Joey is more independent (like working a job, sports, applying to college, stuff we are not seeing) and he has one foot out the door. 

• Love 4

I went back to watch the old episodes on my DVR to find out the show's time frame for Mursel leaving. 

The last episode second week of Jan that Mursel and Anna  were crying and he left, TLC just had 2 days to departure , then 1 day til departure and did not list the day it was (like 30 days to wed). 

I went back to the episode before he left  and it said 20 days to wed as Mursel was crying at Anna's house. 

So my guess if he actually went back to Turkey??, it would have been for less then 2 weeks, about 12 days. Between the days he was at the hotel, the travel time on both times , and assuming Anna is telling the truth that they will have 1 day when he arrives to marry, it would mean about 10-14 days are in question. 

I do not think he went back to Turkey but if he did I wonder if he used some excuse like his family had an emergency or illness and he needed to go home and they let him? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/27/2020 at 9:07 AM, iwasish said:

You may be right... I’ll have to watch previous  episodes and see if they mentioned how long he had been in the states. 

Well I just know how kids can exaggerate.  Once, a few years ago when my son was Joey's age he said that while I was out on walk my phone went off "about twenty times!"  Twenty meant two, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Anna posted some videos about her bees. I'm putting them under the spoiler tab to save room, but there is nothing NSFW or anything.

Spoiler

It looks like the others are duplicates so I didn't need the spoiler tab to save room.

Here's a couple of photos of Joey's band concert. She says in the comments that they are not allowed to take video because the school doesn't have the rights. We've had that problem in my area when it comes to sports, too. The districts contract some things and the high schools do their own, which are sold for funds.

Laura is also advertising a psychic. People argue in the comments, Anna says to do whatever you believe, and answers a question about her blood clots by saying she's on blood thinners and undergoing genetic testing but not suffering a lot of pain currently.

On 1/28/2020 at 4:47 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Well I just know how kids can exaggerate.  Once, a few years ago when my son was Joey's age he said that while I was out on walk my phone went off "about twenty times!"  Twenty meant two, lol.

Same here. If my kids throw out a number then we know to take that as a starting point, not the final answer.

• Love 1

Anna, I fixed that for you:

I got to see the first half of Joeys Winter Winds Show...A Stars End...wish I could show the video footage, but the school usually doesn't have rights...it's pretty neat. they are playing a version of Black Hole Sun! Joeys so dedicated to band! I rarely see him because he's always practicing I honestly don't give a shit about my kids. He even taught himself how to play the mellophone this past fall.

Edited by hookedontv
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 1/13/2020 at 6:40 PM, Chalby said:

I hate when the show infuses fake dramatic exchanges in an effort to keep viewers. I had noticed Mursel always wore a wedding ring during his TH comments, so I figured they must have married despite the sob story farewell at the airport. Mind you, those were REAL mascara dripping tears in Anne's case. I wonder what she'll think when she watches the show and sees how badly Mursel lied to his parents, and how judgemental and horrible his parents' reactions were?

If you scroll back in this thread to Nov 25, Christina copied an Instagram post from Anna explaining that the rings they are seen wearing are engagement rings. They had an engagement ceremony when she was in Turkey prior to Mursel coming here, and the custom is for them to exchange rings. I really wish they had explained that right off the bat on the show because I noticed it right away and thought for a long time that they were already married and TLC didn't think we were smart enough to notice the rings.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

it would make for a funny episode if she is bringing the Justice of the Peace dressed in a bee costume with her to meet Mursel at the airport and they marry under the honeycomb altar thingy as soon as he clears customs.

I added to your already spectacular idea! Hopefully they can find Omar to BEE the translator.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I really REALLY need to know what she got paid for this show.  To present myself in such a manner would have to be "All my kids college is getting paid for, along with my mortgage" kinda dollars or no thanks.  Even with that said I would still have to pass.  To put a price on the relationship I have with my sons, which I consider priceless, is just not worth it to me!

• Love 4

Anna answered a few questions

This doesn't appear to actually be a video, at least nothing played for me. This was rumored a long time ago, when someone posted it online. I'll post the further explanation for what happened under the IG.

I'm having cut and paste problems. There were two comments about how and why he would be forced to get on the plane. The first was that his bags were already checked and there was some terrorism procedure that would make him either fly or be forced to pay a large fine for them to collect the bags. The bags are not supposed to fly without a passenger. Since Sharp wouldn't pay and Mursel didn't have money, this would have been some issue for him.

But additionally and more likely the ultimate issue, his K1 was a single entrance visa, he had entered the country legally originally and the K1 was no longer valid, so going back through the security check counted as him leaving the country even though he had not physically left the country.

There are three slides here

The comments on Anna's story get pretty infuriating because people get so hung up on her saying they weren't married when they married a few months ago, when she can't say it until it showed. They also find it blasphemous that Mursel wore rings since their engagement. I'm American, grew up in a military family, and men wearing engagement rings or couples in a committed but not legal marriage is not at all rare. 

She lied about the existence of her kids to Mursel's family. I can't understand why people have such an issue over her not admitting they married before it shows on television or Mursel wearing a ring. Others have ass-kissers that drive me up the wall, like Jenny/Sumit, but with Anna it's the "She lied about being married! She's horrible!" She lied about having kids, FFS. I agree she's horrible, it just seems like such a petty thing to bitch about when she cannot say they are married yet.

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I don't follow anyone on social media, but are people shitting all over her for how she let mursel treat her kids?  If so how is she responding?

I just moseyed on over to  her Instagram and read through a few posts. It doesn't look like anyone is really saying anything to her about how Mursel treats her or the kids, and when one person said something about him, which wasn't even all that negative, they were blasted with comments from others about him being Muslim. Apparently, that's an excuse to pee on the toilet seat.

It's possible she deleted them but she leaves all the comments telling her to lose weight, have the moles removed from her face, and responded pretty (justifiably in my opinion) rudely to someone calling her oldest disrespectful, and made a comment about him being fifteen during the scene the person was mentioning on another post. It doesn't look like anyone is telling her how she is a bad mother or how inappropriate it is for Mursel to deny her kids, but a lot of her responses are about being under the NDA and they will have to watch the show. 

This post doesn't have any comments about Mursel but I thought it was cute.

• Useful 2
On 2/6/2020 at 10:53 PM, Christina said:

I just moseyed on over to  her Instagram and read through a few posts. It doesn't look like anyone is really saying anything to her about how Mursel treats her or the kids, and when one person said something about him, which wasn't even all that negative, they were blasted with comments from others about him being Muslim. Apparently, that's an excuse to pee on the toilet seat.

It's possible she deleted them but she leaves all the comments telling her to lose weight, have the moles removed from her face, and responded pretty (justifiably in my opinion) rudely to someone calling her oldest disrespectful, and made a comment about him being fifteen during the scene the person was mentioning on another post. It doesn't look like anyone is telling her how she is a bad mother or how inappropriate it is for Mursel to deny her kids, but a lot of her responses are about being under the NDA and they will have to watch the show. 

This post doesn't have any comments about Mursel but I thought it was cute.

"Gino will have nothing to do with the bees."

Right there with you on that one, Gino.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Three wedding photos: (Note Anna says the show edited out the Turkish translator)

Here are four photos of Leo just because I thought it was cute that his shirt says, "Attention Zombies - This brain has already been consumed by video games"

Here is more of her Q&A. It has ten slides, which includes the three I posted previously. She says she spoke to Mursel over the computer for four months before flying to meet him, went to Turkey three times, and insists that he returned to Turkey.

Finally, someone made a seven minute video of the scenes from the show regarding Mursel returning to Turkey. I haven't watched it myself because I'm currently blind after being RickRolled to a video of Colt and have a headache, possibly from a seizure or maybe a stroke; I mean, it's Colt, there is no telling what illness I acquired.

• Love 2