Type keyword(s) to search

Anna and Mursel: The Birds and the Bees

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Good time to start a business! Inflation is off the charts and people won’t/don’t have the disposable income for custom-made furnishings. But good luck to them.

My friend works in this field…he is doing better than ever. Inflation isn’t affecting the target market of the upper crust. It isn’t cheap but it never was…the middle class was never the market. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Good time to start a business! Inflation is off the charts and people won’t/don’t have the disposable income for custom-made furnishings. But good luck to them.

My husband is a repairman and he is constantly asked to do other work. He took courses in electric and carpentry in trade school. People are selling homes for big money and moving to cheaper areas and then adding some crazy upgrades. I'm sure there are people moving to NE for lower cost housing that can work online now. I know UT/NV/ID/WY/MT/KS are all places that had lower cost housing and people from both coasts relocated with a bag of money looking for a dream home.  My husband said he has never seen so much money spent on yards, over the top custom pools, outdoor kitchens, outdoor theater rooms and people want custom features.  I just cant believe how many people mostly from CA in our area but a few from NY or MA have sold their place for over 1 million dollars and come and buy dream new home for 500k  and think nothing of spending 100k furnishing it and even more on yards. In fact it is near impossible to get moving services in or out of hot rural state locations. Companies just cut off services, our city no longer has pods, upack and move, and uhaul type trucks are frozen to stay in city. 

On a side note, when I saw him doing custom furniture and they have a honey store, all I could think of was the berenstain bears. Papa bear had the custom furniture store and Mama Bear sold honey.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 3/20/2022 at 10:58 AM, silverspoons said:

On a side note, when I saw him doing custom furniture and they have a honey store, all I could think of was the berenstain bears. Papa bear had the custom furniture store and Mama Bear sold honey.  

I loved reading those books to my kids!  We watched the show on PBS, too.

• Love 1
On 4/25/2022 at 4:13 PM, Frozendiva said:

It's a boy!

Wasn't this a surrogate baby?  Or did Anna have it.. cause she sure LOOKS like she did.. yikes!  I didn't even recognize her (actuall him either).

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, endure said:

Wow -I guess I don't recall her being too much overweight but can see why she would want to be a healthier weight with a baby, not sure I agree with the method, but I don't really know much about weight loss surgery 🤔

I thought you need to be 100 pounds overweight before they will do it.  Either she packed on weight since her season or she went to Turkey because they don’t care how little you have to lose.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought you need to be 100 pounds overweight before they will do it.  Either she packed on weight since her season or she went to Turkey because they don’t care how little you have to lose.

I would have thought so too, but you're absolutely right re having the procedure done in Turkey, makes sense.

• Like 2