Type keyword(s) to search

Tania and Syngin: Not the Sharpest Tools in the Shed

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Could not agree more, Molly's girls are lifted and under control, there's a LOT of women in this franchise that desperately need her advice! Tania, Grangela, ad nauseam.

Tania actually looks put together quite well in her TH. Boobs nicely tucked and lifted, clean hair and appropriate makeup. It must be an effort to look like that every day. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

People used to shit on DC for so long and now gentrification has pushed people out who have been here for years. Tania is exactly the type of person who we’re glad to bid a bon voyage to. Please don’t come back. We’re full.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

And for the love of aliens, dig a DEEP grave, not a shallow one! Sure, it’s more work but it pays off in the long run. I mean, that’s what I hear, anyway. Not that I would have any personal knowledge of digging 6’x4’ by 8’ deep graves in remote areas.

A while back, hubby and I stopped at a garage sale.  He bought a duffle bag, rope and a thick chain.  I was like, "Hey guy running the sale, please tell my kids I loved them!"  Hubby:  "Don't be silly - this duffel bag is too small for you."  That was comforting......

Back to topic:  Tania is, indeed, horrid.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

And for the love of aliens, dig a DEEP grave, not a shallow one! Sure, it’s more work but it pays off in the long run. I mean, that’s what I hear, anyway. Not that I would have any personal knowledge of digging 6’x4’ by 8’ deep graves in remote areas.

A while back, hubby and I stopped at a garage sale.  He bought a duffle bag, rope and a thick chain.

I don't know what happened in here since I last visited, but shit's getting dark. 

What-Do-I-Clap-About-Again.gif

I'm also very concerned that I lost half my eggs at 30.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I can solve (and probably commit by now and not get caught) crimes from my Dateline/20-20/Forensic Files viewing.

Dude, do NOT answer your cell phone while digging a shallow grave for your wife you just killed.  Leave it home, turned off.  Get your hacksaw, Sterilite bin, rope and bleach a year in advance at a out of town, and pay cash!!  Buy used shoes a size larger than you wear at a thrift store six months before and for God's sake wear a hairnet so your hair is not found at the scene.  Rookies!!!

I watched all of the Bob Newhart Show and I've seen Dr. Phil many times.  I think this qualifies me to psychoanalyze everyone!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

If Tania wants to be the "local" witch doctor then why is she going to Costa Rica to learn about native herbs-stuff that may not even be available here? Why not find a program close to home?

Or just get a job in a drugstore.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Or just get a job in a drugstore.

Or check out a few books in the library. Take an online course. 

None of this makes sense. Why not wait and bring Singyn over after the course completion?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

I don't know what happened in here since I last visited, but shit's getting dark.

Hey!  I am alive and well.  This incident at the garage sale happened about a month before we wed and he was nice enough to toss in "Hey I am not a beneficiary yet!"  Again, comforting.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
On 11/30/2019 at 7:17 AM, AZChristian said:

I'm a law enforcement expert, having watched over 100 episodes of "Cops."

If a cop wants to pull you over, he'll dig deep for a reason.  Two of the biggest reasons seem to be "license plate light out" and "no seatbelt."  On "Cops," most people who get pulled over this also - what a coincidence - have no drivers license or insurance, or have weed or other drugs in the car.

I know of two people who were stopped and busted bc of a broken taillight, Timothy McVeigh (OKC bombing) and Alex from Love After Lock-up.

I drive an older car that doesn't beep for egregious reasons, and was stopped once for no seatbelt, given a warning only. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

If Tania wants to be the "local" witch doctor then why is she going to Costa Rica to learn about native herbs-stuff that may not even be available here? Why not find a program close to home?

Because then she couldn't condescendingly tell people she "studied" herbs from the local shamans in Costa Rica, thereby giving her that special 'healing gift' she couldn't have possibly have achieved locally or online...

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Because then she couldn't condescendingly tell people she "studied" herbs from the local shamans in Costa Rica, thereby giving her that special 'healing gift' she couldn't have possibly have achieved locally or online...

My thought about the herbal healing stuff, it's not regulated, it could interfere with meds someone is taking, what makes her think 30 days is enough to learn enough to come back and earn a living?  And my other thought was why did she have to go during the 90 days, it couldn't wait till the shit shed was done and they were married?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought about the herbal healing stuff, it's not regulated, it could interfere with meds someone is taking, what makes her think 30 days is enough to learn enough to come back and earn a living?  And my other thought was why did she have to go during the 90 days, it couldn't wait till the shit shed was done and they were married?

Thirty days in Costa Rica, no matter who she's studying with, isn't going to give her any right to be a health advisor.  I'm not real worried about Tania terrorizing her neighborhood as the "local witch doctor".

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Or check out a few books in the library. Take an online course. 

None of this makes sense. Why not wait and bring Singyn over after the course completion?

Because Tonia is all about Tonia.  Period.  Her shed, her eggs, her wants and needs, her care and comfort.  She did show some respect for her mom's power drill so there is that.  

I agree 100% with posters who say any supplements could seriously interfere with meds.  I am all for all kinds of healing:  chiropractic care*, western meds, acupuncture**, eastern ways, prayer, etc:  but you need to be aware of all of them and work as a team - not so much the prayer but you all get the idea.

*= I had a literal pain in my neck, went to my chiro and after two treatments she cracked that pain away!  I was like, I can't keep taking Tylenol forever, lol.

** = I know of two people who used acupuncture to quit (and stay quit) smoking!

• Love 5

"witch doctor"

She's already halfway qualified.

** = I know of two people who used acupuncture to quit (and stay quit) smoking!

My husband, who is a pretty well-grounded, science-y kind of guy also quit smoking via hypnosis. He went on a dare and had no intention for it to work. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Dude, do NOT answer your cell phone while digging a shallow grave for your wife you just killed.  Leave it home, turned off.  Get your hacksaw, Sterilite bin, rope and bleach a year in advance at a out of town, and pay cash!!  Buy used shoes a size larger than you wear at a thrift store six months before and for God's sake wear a hairnet so your hair is not found at the scene.  Rookies!!!

You need to do the long con, too. If you're going to leave your phone at home whilst digging a grave. Make sure you turn your phone off/and leave it at home for at least a month a year before you commit the murder. The cops will notice the sudden out of ordinary change, but if its a habit. You got yourself some reasonable doubt. 

7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

A while back, hubby and I stopped at a garage sale.  He bought a duffle bag, rope and a thick chain.  I was like, "Hey guy running the sale, please tell my kids I loved them!"  Hubby:  "Don't be silly - this duffel bag is too small for you."  That was comforting......

Following on from my murder advice above... If your husband starts suggesting you need to lose some weight... I think you need to find and dispose of that duffle bag 😉 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
Dont change your habits a month out make it a year
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Maybe she’s looking for a backup plan in case Synjin doesn’t work out.

You do know she literally has a clock inside telling her it’s time to reproduce. And  if  it ain’t with  Synjin, it’s going to be someone else.

• LOL 4
11 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Following on from my murder advice above... If your husband starts suggesting you need to lose some weight... I think you need to find and dispose of that duffle bag 😉 

I think if my ever so wise and kind hubby dared comment that I need to lose weight...... 🙂 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

According to the people who sell Plexus, Thrive, and essential oils on my FB friends' list, one no longer needs actual medical knowledge to dole out medical advice-they only need to be able to spend $199 on a "sample" kit.

I am all for natural remedies, but it takes years to grow a legitimate business and to earn a living at it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

What-Do-I-Clap-About-Again.gif

I'm also very concerned that I lost half my eggs at 30.

The world is full of  aigs. You can probably still tote.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Someone online found this: back in Feb when Tania was going to study witch doctor medicine she asked people to donate to her favorite charity: HERSELF and help send her to Costa Rica.  I now officially hate her.  If no one gives her a camper van or free land then I'm certain she will start a go fund me begging for something.  Also, she was showing herself on her IG the other day doing shots, so hopefully she is not pregnant.

How do I put this nicely? Hmmm, doesn't matter, I'm not going to try.

Tania, a woman who considers herself "woke," an advocate for the disadvantage and repressed, decided to use the term"witch doctor" an offensive slur for what she is claiming to want to be. She mentions in that GFM that she was receiving the BIPOC discount. For those unfamiliar, it stands for "Black, Indigenous, People of Color." Then, she refers to wanting to be the "neighborhood witch doctor." For fucks sake! Can you be more clueless?

I don't expect anyone who doesn't practice an indigenous faith to understand the connotation of  the term "witch doctor" or anyone who hasn't studied herbalism or alternative healing practices to know that it is an offensive slur, but Tania does not get that benefit of the doubt. She judges everyone else, has a pompous attitude, and asserts that she has been on "not your average yoga and meditation healing journey" but a super special path, then claims she wants to kill albinos for their bones to cure illnesses, which is what witch doctors do, along with healing afflictions created by witchcraft. "Witch doctor" has a specific meaning and she is insulting the herbalists she is intending to learn from because she's an idiot looking for attention. 

For the most part, I do not take offense when people do not realize they are saying something that can be offensive because they do not know, and "witch doctor" is one of those things that most people wouldn't think of as having a specific meaning because they don't have any reason to It's usually better to explain what the issue is, but Tania is not receiving that benefit from me because she's just so...Tania. Since she has self-identified as  a witch doctor, it's not offensive for everyone to refer to her that way, so this is not intended to address anyone who has done so, she's just continuously rubbing me the wrong way in her super special way.

I'm guessing she is planning to attend the Wild Ginger Herbal Center. I can't be certain or anything. If so, after spending her month there, she can continue classes in Maryland. I don't know anything about their herbal classes, but am slightly familiar with some of their midwife advocacy speakers and legal rights for LBGTQ families. Childbirth options for trans men carrying children are still an issue in many areas, and Wild Ginger has hosted experts to discuss the issues and answer questions for people training to become Doulas, etc. I'm guessing that is Tania's ultimate goal, along with her herbal soap line. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

When we were trying to conceive our daughter, I sent my husband an hour away to Wal-mart at 2 in the morning to get me a pregnancy test (we were excited). While he was there, he decided to pick up a few other things since he doesn't get over there much. It wasn't until he was back at the car that he understood why the cashier was looking at him strangely when ringing up his sales: in addition to the pregnancy test he'd also purchased a hammer, some bleach, and a shovel. 

That's all fine. It's when you throw in a Coke or Gatorade that it becomes obvious a murder is a'coming. 

53 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

You need to do the long con, too. If you're going to leave your phone at home whilst digging a grave. Make sure you turn your phone off/and leave it at home for at least a month before you commit the murder. The cops will notice the sudden out of ordinary change, but if its a habit. You got yourself some reasonable doubt. 

I would leave the phone at home, avoid speeding, make sure all my lights are working, and manage to drop something extremely self identifying in the grave, or choose a place that I think is hidden, only to find out it is covered by surveillance cameras, which will, of course, be high-definition and able to show my face clearly. Also, I won't think twice about wearing a hot pink jacket or, in the alternative, wear gloves and a face mask the entire time I'm driving, resulting in other cars calling the cops about the weird thing they just saw while driving down the road.

The cops and prosecutor will love me and I will, of course, demand a trial by jury where I can testify in my own defense because I am so smart I will outsmart all the jurors. 

Imagine WINNING gif here that won't load. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

I thought she went there to learn about herbs for their soap line (which I'm willing to bet a billion dollars that she hasn't even started yet; like has never made soap ever and hasn't even made one soap yet for her 'line').  Can you imagine her as a doula????? for anyone?????  The person giving birth would be screaming for drugs.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, not you again said:

This is certainly true, and why I'm a proponent of justice reform.  I've had fancy cars  when I was younger; nowadays just basic, reliable transportation is fine with me.  A few years ago I was driving my older economy car to WDW from where I live in GeorgUHHHH, having left around 4AM.  It's also important to note that I always drive the speed limit because I am such a skinflint.  I reach the town of Gray, GA and to my shock and surprise I see blue lights behind me on a dead, empty road.  It was still dark and boy, I was spooked.  My first thought was it had to be someone posing as a cop because there was no reason to stop me.  He gets out of the car and comes to my window and shines his laser-bright flashlight in my face.  The look of disappointment on his face when he looked in my car and saw a little non-brown middle aged woman dresssed in a Mickey Mouse-themed ensemble was SO obvious.  He was absolutely crestfallen.  He said he stopped me because my tag light was out.  I didn't engage with him but I was furious because this is how it starts, and I have young adult children who are the targets of this shit.  And besides, if it's dark enough that a tag light is needed, and you come up behind me with your headlights on, doesn't that illuminate my license plate for you?  That law is for one purpose only, and it's not public safety.

Sorry for the rant, stepping down from my soapbox!

Sad, but true. 

But good on you for recognizing the problem.....so many people can't or won't. 

If I might take your place on the soapbox for a minute.....even if an encounter doesn't result in an arrest ....it will at least result in a ticket....which creates a heavy financial burden.....not only in paying the ticket but in increased insurance premiums.  So it's like people who get....targeted and are likely in a pretty bad financial situation then have to pay the cost if a ticket and increased cost for insurance.  

I'm definitely not here to change anyone's mind, but I think it's something to think about. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Sad, but true. 

If I might take your place on the soapbox for a minute.....even if an encounter doesn't result in an arrest ....it will at least result in a ticket....which creates a heavy financial burden.....not only in paying the ticket but in increased insurance premiums.  So it's like people who get....targeted and are likely in a pretty bad financial situation then have to pay the cost if a ticket and increased cost for insurance.  

I'm definitely not here to change anyone's mind, but I think it's something to think about. 

Insurance companies usually only check your record if there is a reason (such as having an accident) so one ticket won't generally increase your premium.  This is why some people will recommend that if you get your license suspended for a DWI you just keep paying your premiums even if your car is just sitting there - less likelihood of your insurance company finding out. 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Sad, but true. 

In my State, there are a lot of large drug busts resulting from someone being pulled over for something minor (failure to signal, seatbelts, etc.). I suspect that most of those are the result of tips from informants and the reason given for the stop was just an excuse to protect the informant.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

In my State, there are a lot of large drug busts resulting from someone being pulled over for something minor (failure to signal, seatbelts, etc.). I suspect that most of those are the result of tips from informants and the reason given for the stop was just an excuse to protect the informant.

That is a good point - it does seem like a lot of people getting busted with illegal guns or drugs A LOT.  I mean, I live by the motto:  Don't do something illegal while doing something illegal!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

I think, for sure, that is a subset of people who are ticketed, but there are lot more people pulled over and ticketed without a connection to any type of criminal activity.  

In my state (which is fairly liberal), you can be pulled for really anything.  The vehicle code is kinda vague and things like "unsafe driving for traffic conditions" are open to interpretation.

I once got pulled over for going too slow (which I wish more people would get pulled over for).  The rationale was that by ONLY driving at the speed limit, I was not keeping up with the rest of traffic and therefore my driving was unsafe.  

I didn't fault the cop because I was driving a piece of junk that really could only get to the speed limit and I didn't realize that it was a cop flashing his lights behind me.   He also didn't give me a ticket, BUT, he could have if he wanted to. 

Of course, if I was driving over the speed limit I could be pulled over too. 

• Love 4
On 12/3/2019 at 9:57 AM, doyouevengohere said:

Someone online found this: back in Feb when Tania was going to study witch doctor medicine she asked people to donate to her favorite charity: HERSELF and help send her to Costa Rica.  I now officially hate her.  If no one gives her a camper van or free land then I'm certain she will start a go fund me begging for something.  Also, she was showing herself on her IG the other day doing shots, so hopefully she is not pregnant.

oh my...I'm starting to really really dislike this woman.  What a self-important, deluded, arrogant little twit.  "Give me your money so that it can be put to good use...since we all know you won't give back to the community like I will."  I know a couple people like her.  Always coming up with something they see as a "higher purpose" that friends and family should be happy to support them in achieving - as opposed to them you know, working like everybody else to raise money for their little trips to foreign lands in search of enlightenment.  "Shadow work and womb exploring??"  lol...

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

It finally dawned on me why Tania chose the she-shed over an apartment: she was leaving for Costa Rica right away. She admittedly went from squatting at her sister's to an unfinished shed in her mother's yard right when Syngin arrived. No solo she-shed living for her! Since she wouldn’t benefit from an apartment during her time in Costa Rica, she decided it wasn’t necessary and the shed was good enough for Syngin to crash in. No doubt she left him with a huge “Honey Do” list while she was away as well.

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Sad, but true. 

It’s been my experience that if the cop is using some minor infraction as an excuse to pull me over, and after checking my paperwork and realizing  I’m not drunk, high or suspected of drug smuggling, he will tell me to fix whatever the problem is and let me go. If he chooses to write me a ticket, oh well, I have the option to plead not guilty and go to traffic court or if there is no impact on my license, pay the fine and fix the problem. You are correct that tickets and fines are expensive and can be a burden, but if you need to have a vehicle and are financially strapped, it’s probably best to make sure your car has all its working lights and you drive in a manner that won’t cause you to be pulled over. (Not to say there aren’t cops who will target certain individuals, either because they fit a profile or because they have a history with the person). 

• Useful 1

All it took for me to diagnose Tania was seeing her sister. Pretty, has a family, looked sane. Tania has always been the ugly dumpling in the family, sister was the pretty popular one. So now she’s a social justice warrior who lashes out at strangers for breathing and having a different opinion.

But it will take some womb exploring to prove my thesis. I’m not advanced enough for shadow work yet. Thank god for the IPOC discount. Not a damn thing wrong with excluding an entire group of people. I think the racist is Tania, not Syngyn. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Once again, I find myself with a bunch of tabs open where I planned to post them here with comments, but am now too tired, have blurry vision and everything sounds like it's underwater, so I'm going to post these without comment, probably. Just assume I said something incredible clever.

My computer is being pissy, too, and there is a good chance the Instagram posts may not embed and only show as a link. No idea why that happens sometimes and not others. Also, I'm unable to post embeds in the spoiler boxes.

First though,

On 12/4/2019 at 9:38 AM, doyouevengohere said:

I thought she went there to learn about herbs for their soap line (which I'm willing to bet a billion dollars that she hasn't even started yet; like has never made soap ever and hasn't even made one soap yet for her 'line').  Can you imagine her as a doula????? for anyone?????  The person giving birth would be screaming for drugs.

I've decided to post this under a spoiler tab since it became a book because I'm unable to be concise in my tiredness. It's just to save room, there is no spoiler.

Spoiler

I'm the one who mentioned that I thought her ultimate plan is to become a doula. So, I do think that she is going to the herbal intensive for her soap line. I also think she plans on having a full service apothecary with tinctures and balms to go with her soaps. 

Unless she says something one way or another, I think she attended the Wild Ginger Herbal in Costa Rica and plans to continue her learning here in the states, probably Maryland but maybe the short week long intensives. 

Wild Ginger has people who lobby for equal rights when it comes to domestic relationships, parenting rights, birth options, etc., and doulas who work with your non-hetero-typical relationships, including transgendered men and plural families who do not feel treated well or feel super judged by medical providers and have decided to give birth in a more natural or alternate setting, do not have a large amount of practitioners such as doulas. As far as I recall, Wild Ginger helps people connect with practitioners who practice herbalism and midwives who are not phased by the batshit crazy idea to not use pain medicine during childbirth. (That's me being super judgmental.)

When it comes to a transgendered man needing to receive prenatal care, someone who isn't familiar with it but has no problem with it can end up offending the patient so places like Wild Ginger help host speakers to discuss it with doulas in training or already practicing. The one I did some work for did not work for Wild Ginger, she was just associated with them and traveled around to give speeches. She was actually a nurse practitioner not a doula.

A side note on doulas - doulas do not only provide prenatal care and deliver babies. They help with breastfeeding issues, post partum anxiety, stress, and depression, stillbirths and other such things. It's hard for me to imagine Tania being a comfort during childbirth. It's not hard for me to imagine her arguing on Capitol Hill about an issue such as the legal rights of a parent to deliver their child in a swimming pool on the back porch in the middle of a blizzard. Sure, the neighbors saw more than they expected, but child birth is a normal and natural experience and they didn't have to watch. (There is actually a case where a neighbor called the cops because of the public nudity but I have too many tabs open to try and search for it at the moment; also, my vision is sucking. If I'm remembering correctly, the cops ordered her to the hospital in an ambulance because they didn't believe she was healthy enough to make that call. Whether she ended up going or just fighting it in court later is fuzzy. What's standing out to me is that a social worker was called and said he or she could not do anything until the baby was born because they didn't have any rights to an unborn child. It surprised me when it happened, but I know it to be true now). Tania would argue you should be allowed to deliver in a pool outside during a blizzard because she is an attention whore who doesn't care if the attention is bad.

Part of the reason I think her ultimate plan is to become a doula is because of her insistence that she needs to be pregnant ASAP. With Natalie (Mike) from Ukraine, I don't get the feeling she wants to be some parenting advocate for all natural products or anything, but see Tania as someone who wants that hook. She has irritated me so much that I may be just thinking poorly of her. 

Syngin posted a behind the scenes photo that I'm adding for context of the next IG

If you were to read the comments on that IG, you would see one from this next Instagrammer.

Based on a comment made on Facebook, this videographer is actually a friend of Syngin and is from South Africa, too, where the two of them took part in drum circles and other busking activities. The story goes that he did the filming in SA and was able to tag along to the US for the meet up. The reason I'm posting it is because Tania tried to make an issue about SA and racism but it just didn't land. I don't think anyone thinks Syngin cares about her being Venezuelan or believes the amount of melanin in your skin makes a difference.  I also think this guy lives in Brooklyn and probably met him when he arrived. Maybe they hung out together, but I don't think it's how the story is being told. I also think he has filmed some of the others, because you see likes from other castmembers. 

Up next is three slides of Tania at her witch doctor workshop. This is posted from a different account and I think it came from her Facebook account, but don't actually see it on the IG post now, so I have no idea where I saw it. It says it took place in May. That is weird to me because that would mean Syngin got here in April, he was ticketed in July and went to court in November. I know that things are filmed quite a while before we watch it, but we viewers must be several months behind real time and you would think someone would have found their marriage license by now. Maybe I'll look later. I think I read they were married in NYC and it would have been in June, I guess. Also, I wonder if he had received his AOS before the ticket for the pot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5oHiYYHjK8q6_eK_650647rIbafLw14fwJVUA0/

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 12/4/2019 at 9:15 AM, Gobi said:

Also illegal profiling

• Love 7
On 11/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, Anduril said:

She said her mom was her best friend, which to me is always a sign of a weird relationship.

Why is this weird?  I know several people who are best friends with their mothers; usually this happens after everybody is much older.  I think in Tania's case, it's because her mother had her young, so they may be close in age.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:25 PM, iwasish said:

(Not to say there aren’t cops who will target certain individuals, either because they fit a profile or because they have a history with the person). 

I think this happens most times.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Why is this weird?  I know several people who are best friends with their mothers; usually this happens after everybody is much older.  I think in Tania's case, it's because her mother had her young, so they may be close in age.

I know a lot of women who call their mom the BFF.  My dad was my BFF. lol!!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

That isn't weird to me, either. I know lots of people who say that. My motherin-law was my husband's BFF and I have called my mom that as well. Hell, the entire premises of GILMORE GIRLS is built around this concept.

• Love 1
On 12/3/2019 at 2:01 PM, mamadrama said:

I was kinda of thinking that the “herbalized” training she’s speaking of was not so much learning about herbs that you could use for healing, but rather Tania taking psychotropic drugs to be able to explore her womb or whatever and come back enlightened. I don’t think that would be legal round these parts...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 12/3/2019 at 1:50 PM, charmed1 said:

People used to shit on DC for so long and now gentrification has pushed people out who have been here for years. Tania is exactly the type of person who we’re glad to bid a bon voyage to. Please don’t come back. We’re full.

Thank you - yes we’re full, especially for those of Tania’s ilk.

I’ve admittedly benefited greatly from gentrification. I’ve lived on Capitol Hill for 25 years - so maybe at least I have some street cred. Unlike Tania.

That’s why I now work for a non-profit that has an affordable housing fund. For a lot less money than my qualifications. They love me.

Back to subject. What are Tania’s qualifications that she talks a big game about? She’s living in a shed with no bathroom. She must had some sort of job in DC or elsewhere. Self-proclaimed activist? I only saw a clip of her being escorted out of some hearing for being obnoxious. Most non-profits don’t like that. You generally don’t get paid for shutting down traffic in front of the World Bank (that shit’s hysterical now I’m back on Metro - see Handbasket to Hell).  

I would like to apologize to all real activists for above. Tania’s your burden.

• Love 2

I find the way Tania is always invading Syngin's personal space really gross. Like when they were talking, and she just starts sticking her fingers in his mouth, like she was trying to scrape something off of his teeth. What would she do if a guy did that to her? Somehow I don't think it would be all that welcome. And when she grabbed his beard to pull his face over so she can kiss him. Or braiding his damn armpit hair. She's so overbearing and entitled. I hope he goes back to South Africa while she's on her trip and finds a nice normal girlfriend.

Edited by Teri313
Typo
  • Love 12
On 12/4/2019 at 9:38 AM, doyouevengohere said:

Oh good lord, soap. It’s lye and oil. Anyone can make it. And I’m pretty sure a doula gets more than 30 days of training at some scam workshop. My cousin is a doula. She got her RN first. I don’t know if that’s the norm, but you just don’t start delivering babies in the US without some medical training and internship. 

• Love 4
On 12/7/2019 at 9:37 AM, doyouevengohere said:

She used to bartend in DC; she has a few pictures of her doing that in DC; or she worked for an event company.  She has a degree (I think?) in event planning.  She's dumb b/c there's a lot of money to make in event planning.

Not so sure I'd want to hire her to plan my events!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Oh good lord, soap. It’s lye and oil. Anyone can make it. And I’m pretty sure a doula gets more than 30 days of training at some scam workshop. My cousin is a doula. She got her RN first. I don’t know if that’s the norm, but you just don’t start delivering babies in the US without some medical training and internship. 

????????  I don't know why you took issue with my post.  Doulas are not medically trained -- they don't deliver babies, replace a doctor or a midwife, or play the role of a nurse. ... In addition to offering constant emotional support, a doula is trained to provide pain relief through breathing techniques and other ways so the mother can avoid drugs. They are often advocates for women in labor if they are in too much pain to speak up for what they want during birth.  She could become a doula; they don't need a license or even certification to practice.  Many doulas have medical training or get it or even get legit certifications because they want to be taken seriously instead of just being seen as the town witch doctor.   Tania as a doula would be terrifying especially since she probably wouldn't take or finish the training to be certified.  She would be like a janky doula you could hire on craigslist because you didn't have enough money to hire a certified one through your OBGYN or hospital.

As for the soap; sure every 12 year old makes it at summer camp; but to have soap you want to sell- it's going to have to look good, smell good, and be worth buying AND not look like a 12 year old made it at camp for the first time.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9