Type keyword(s) to search

Tania and Syngin: Not the Sharpest Tools in the Shed

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I feel like Tania is pushing him to get a job because she wants him to make the money, give her a home base (stability as she puts it) so she can travel to these witch doctor seminars and retreats and he will pay for it. From what I have read it seems like she has kind of used her mom's house as home base for the last 10 years and the welcome mat is wearing thin so now it will be Sygin's turn to support her. 

I agree.  Syngin can make all the money at his steady job and Tania gets to go around telling people that she is a "doctor" and not something as mundane, repressive and common as a stay at home wife.  

She makes one or two appointments a year to keep up her fantasy that her hobby side hustle is a real career. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I agree.  Syngin can make all the money at his steady job and Tania gets to go around telling people that she is a "doctor" and not something as mundane, repressive and common as a stay at home wife.  

She makes one or two appointments a year to keep up her fantasy that her hobby side hustle is a real career. 

I hear viewers say that the men on the show sometimes are using the women, like this year , I hear people say Robert is using Anny to be a mom to his son and clean his house. I think Sygin is the one being used. Watch out if Tania gets pregnant, he will be working and taking care of the kids if she needs more training or a mom's weekend. Anny at least has said she has been doing people's hair will Bryson is at school and making her own money. I don;t think she is the doormat people think. Sygin is the doormat. at Tania's beckon  call.

I wonder why he is here? He does not seem like he loves America(like the day to day living). Maybe it is a dream Tania sold him that he can be anything he wants to be here and in South Africa he had been trapped working in the mines? I hope Tania is explaining to him the training, costs and time it takes to get all these jobs he has been dreaming about. it is not just as easy as saying I want to be a fireman, it can take years of waiting or being a volunteer  to get a full time paid position. The carpenter job she brings up, to be a journeyman or union (Tania loves unions) carpenter takes years of training. My husband is a repairman he went to trade school and college and then "paid his dues" working for someone before being able to start his business. It is not as easy as taking a course in woodworking. It is a start while he waits for his green card, but far from a job that will pay for a home in CT with lots of land and health coverage to pay for the babies she wants. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I wonder why he is here? He does not seem like he loves America(like the day to day living). Maybe it is a dream Tania sold him that he can be anything he wants to be here and in South Africa he had been trapped working in the mines? I hope Tania is explaining to him the training, costs and time it takes to get all these jobs he has been dreaming about. it is not just as easy as saying I want to be a fireman, it can take years of waiting or being a volunteer  to get a full time paid position. The carpenter job she brings up, to be a journeyman or union (Tania loves unions) carpenter takes years of training. My husband is a repairman he went to trade school and college and then "paid his dues" working for someone before being able to start his business. It is not as easy as taking a course in woodworking. It is a start while he waits for his green card, but far from a job that will pay for a home in CT with lots of land and health coverage to pay for the babies she wants. 

Exactly. Her attitude in that car ride, that somehow he was supposed to get some kind of career rolling while she was on her month long vacation is laughable.  Do people really just invite themselves on police ride alongs?  I bet it's not that simple.

And yes about the firefighters! A friend of mine is now working for a city department, but she put in a couple of years on a volunteer force before that. And that was after a college degree and extensive training.

I read that Tania more or less just moved into her sister's house uninvited after the baby was born, claiming she was there to help. I'm sure that worked out great.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I feel like he is emotionally stunted or something; like he's way more into her than she is to him.  I think I read that she is his first serious relationship or they said it on the show.  Personally, I think she is completely taking advantage of that and manipulating that.  He could do better.  Some person on reddit posted that she met them both in NYC when he first came and they were filming.  They came into a museum gift shop where she worksand she waited on them.  She said Tania was rude/entitled and Syngin was really friendly and lovely; total opposites.

• Love 13

"I'm going to take the system up my bum".... 😂

Syngin is not going to last in any sort of organised workplace... he wants to be a free spirit. And Tania wants him to be the provider so she can mooch off him...

What did she expect him to do while she was gone? She expected him to do all the work on the shed, do chores around the house for her mom AND find some sort of non-paid activity to start a career in ??? Yet, she is the adult who can't clean up a shed before her fiances arrival?

Also, did they stay in the same hotel room from before? Why did Syngin have to tidy it up? Don't they have housekeeping in New York? 

• Love 10

I guess I don't understand the reaction against the "system."  Is it against having to work to earn a living?  If so, it's the way things have been since the earliest civilizations.  Is it that one must have training to qualify for specific jobs?  Anyway, his railing against the system and participating in it despite his disapproval just baffles me.  Does he think others should work and just provide things for him?  Entitlement, much?

• Love 7
Just now, seacliffsal said:

I guess I don't understand the reaction against the "system."  Is it against having to work to earn a living?  If so, it's the way things have been since the earliest civilizations.  Is it that one must have training to qualify for specific jobs?  Anyway, his railing against the system and participating in it despite his disapproval just baffles me.  Does he think others should work and just provide things for him?  Entitlement, much?

He said he doesn't want to work a menial job that makes someone else a lot of money. And I understand that from the perspective of working in the mines. Its low paying, dangerous work and if you are mining diamonds or gold you're making some shareholders a lot of money while you watch your friends die. 

Sounds like Syngin wants to be self employed and if he can get it together I respect that... but I don't understand "hating the system" then say you want to be a policeman or a fireman... because those are two very dangerous jobs... 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Yes! This is exactly what he thinks!  As evidenced by the fact that he mentioned wanting a potential viewer/fan to give him a free camper van or gift he and Tania some land in the NYT articles.   

Because why should he be bothered to work for things?  Someone should literally be handing out stuff to two able bodied adults in their thirties.  

Tania and Syngin are nothing more than mooching grifters and Tanias mother is going to have to evict them from that shed or put a padlock on her refrigerator. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Syngin is not going to last in any sort of organised workplace... he wants to be a free spirit. And Tania wants him to be the provider so she can mooch off him...

On the car ride from the airport to CT, Syngin described himself as a 30 year old with an 18yo’s mentality.

Tania’s business model reminds me of the old Judy Garland-Mickey Rooney movies: “I know! To make money, we can put on a show! My mom is a carpenter so she can work on the scenery and my sister with the infant is sitting around being a stay-at-home mother, so she isn’t busy at all! She can make our costumes! We can use hay bales for seating! And when the show is over, we hawk our merch—your necklaces and my soaps! Oh, golly, wouldn’t that be so much fun.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I guess I don't understand the reaction against the "system."  Is it against having to work to earn a living?  If so, it's the way things have been since the earliest civilizations.  

Tania is a social justice warrior. She believes that the world owes her a living. Syngin has to drink the Kool-Aid if he doesn’t want to be voted out of the shed.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yes! This is exactly what he thinks!  As evidenced by the fact that he mentioned wanting a potential viewer/fan to give him a free camper van or gift he and Tania some land in the NYT articles.   

Because why should he be bothered to work for things?  Someone should literally be handing out stuff to two able bodied adults in their thirties.  

Tania and Syngin are nothing more than mooching grifters and Tanias mother is going to have to evict them from that shed or put a padlock on her refrigerator. 

I think of that article a lot. It also mentioned them having a fight in the car on the way back to CT and deciding to turn the camera on and film it (to make good TV). I wonder if that was the fight we just saw?

Since it has also been shown that she had some sort of go fund me type thing to pay for her trip to become a witch doctor, I bet she thought the show would bring them lots of free stuff. It seems like the only people making any money off 90 day fame are working hard for it. Love or Hate David and Annie, David worked hard to change his image and become friends with fans, produce low cost fun cameos, do free meet and greets etc. Anfsia seems to be doing great on youtube but that again took work. It seems like a few of the couples, that have babies get fan gifts but it is not a van or land. It is baby stuff or maybe a small gesture like bath bombs for the new mom. 

I don;t know where Tania is going to find a man that would pay all the bills, let her do whatever she wants, have kids with(and then I assume be a parent only when she wants) and have the bad attitude? I live in an upper middle class area of Utah and there are women I know that do not work, husband's let them spend as they want, nice house, nice car, girls weekends, BUT they are nice women (or at least act nice). They are nice to the husband's co-workers, they make cute gifts for neighbors, and I would guess many stay married because they are nice to their spouses. I don;t see any situation Tania gets what she says she wants. I just hope they don;t have kids unless she changes. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Tania is a social justice warrior. She believes that the world owes her a living. Syngin has to drink the Kool-Aid if he doesn’t want to be voted out of the shed.

Oddly enough, I actually think that is some of it.  I don't think he has much experience with women; and she's the first that has come along and he goes along with a lot of things she wants and says.  He worked in the mines and knows how that is and doesn't want it (he lived it), he seems to be a creative person and likes making things and could probably do well at it if he worked hard at it.  Chipmunk Jodi Aries has probably convinced him that they would be fan favorites and people would offer them crap and that working for the man is evil .  Which is fine, work for yourself but work and work hard.  It seems he was in a better place in SA bartending- he was able to get jobs and travel at the drop of a hat.  I honestly think if someone normal explained to him how to make it in the US, he might have dropped her and get on the path of doing his own thing.  Tania is insane and completely off about the world and is in for a rude awakening.  I just hope she doesn't have a kid to drag down with her and use as her pawn.

• Love 10
On 1/14/2020 at 7:29 PM, silverspoons said:

I don;t know where Tania is going to find a man that would pay all the bills, let her do whatever she wants, have kids with(and then I assume be a parent only when she wants) and have the bad attitude? I live in an upper middle class area of Utah and there are women I know that do not work, husband's let them spend as they want, nice house, nice car, girls weekends, BUT they are nice women (or at least act nice). They are nice to the husband's co-workers, they make cute gifts for neighbors, and I would guess many stay married because they are nice to their spouses. I don;t see any situation Tania gets what she says she wants. I just hope they don;t have kids unless she changes. 

I picture these classy Utah women wearing decent bras, a little makeup, hair is cut and styled. Their clothing is probably tasteful and does not involve a sweaty pink t-shirt worn day after day. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

No need to  bother with the video, I'm posting this for the caption.

Didn't the NYT article say that he planned on making jewelry to sell? If so, way to go, Tania! I'm sure he'll sell out in no time based on your review. hmmpft

This isn't new info, but the hateful comment below flows from this post, so I thought I'd add it for ease.

[Edit: Starcasm picked this story up and is in the next post. You can skip the next paragraph.]

This needs an explanation I'm not sure I'm thinking clearly enough to accurately portray, but I'm going to try. On Monday, after the show aired on Sunday night with Tania and Syngin arguing in the car, Tania posted a news article that had a #metoo and someone made a mean comment that said, "You would be a metoo person." Tania responded she was molested before the age of five in a direct message to that comment and that person sent it to Yates, I guess. 

Yates' posts don't embed, but Tania responds in the comments, so it's probably worth the click or just read the next IG posted below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7SFVt7HCNqMSAzY5M88YmbuYvKdjr1VBGvskk0/

After Yates' posted the exchange, Tania took a bunch of hate with people saying she was just trying to draw attention away from and excuse her behavior on Sundays episode.  The DM is on the second slide of the following IG post; Tania made a video response, too, but it is only a portion on this link.

Syngin also responds to the people sending her hate messages.

Tania is really in a no-win situation because of her own actions and statements. Abuse victims should be believed but people are having a hard time when it comes to her because she is so obnoxious, making everything she does come across as exaggerated and attention seeking. As I was reading a lot of the comments earlier today, people were not calling her out as lying about being abused as much as they were suggesting that her original post and subsequent responses were in an effort to divert attention from her actions, which are frequently abhorrent, but some of them were pretty nasty and downright disgusting. Her tears in the video were probably real and caused by the vitriol thrown her way.

On a lighter note:

Edited by Christina
Added paragraph
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Sin Gin should probably get into bartending as soon as he can work here. He’d make great money right away, and then have time to decide what he wants to do long term. According to Tania, you can be a union bartender for 20 bucks per hour and tips in DC. Why waste time on a career that wouldn’t pay as well? 

Or maybe he can Do bartending on cruise ships. It’s travel, and he gets away from her. Or work on an Amtrak train. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 1/14/2020 at 12:50 AM, silverspoons said:

Maybe it is a dream Tania sold him that he can be anything he wants to be here and in South Africa he had been trapped working in the mines? I hope Tania is explaining to him the training, costs and time it takes to get all these jobs he has been dreaming about. it is not just as easy as saying I want to be a fireman, it can take years of waiting or being a volunteer  to get a full time paid position. The carpenter job she brings up, to be a journeyman or union (Tania loves unions) carpenter takes years of training.

I cant feel sorry for Syngin at all. He is priviledged as a white male South African, and I'm pretty sure from his accent that he's also Afrikaans, which even today will give him a leg up in the work world. That he says he worked in the mines is weird to me, because most folks I know working the mines are black South Africans, not white. And didn't they meet in a bar where he was bartending? So he wasn't actively working in the mines recently. As for his wanting to be a carpenter or fireman - both would be fairly easy for him to get into back home. It's not like the US has some only-in-the-USA programs for firemen and carpenters. I think he's just a lazy grifter who saw an easy ticket to the US and decided to check it out. Is he sincere about Tania? Yeah, weirdly enough he seems to be, but I don't think he's as in love as he says he is. How could anyone overlook the narcissistic qualities of Tania's obtuse and off putting personality?!?

ETA: Do you all know about this already or am I just late to the party?

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

I cant feel sorry for Syngin at all. He is priviledged as a white male South African, and I'm pretty sure from his accent that he's also Afrikaans, which even today will give him a leg up in the work world. That he says he worked in the mines is weird to me, because most folks I know working the mines are black South Africans, not white. And didn't they meet in a bar where he was bartending? So he wasn't actively working in the mines recently. As for his wanting to be a carpenter or fireman - both would be fairly easy for him to get into back home. It's not like the US has some only-in-the-USA programs for firemen and carpenters. I think he's just a lazy grifter who saw an easy ticket to the US and decided to check it out. Is he sincere about Tania? Yeah, weirdly enough he seems to be, but I don't think he's as in love as he says he is. How could anyone overlook the narcissistic qualities of Tania's obtuse and off putting personality?!?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he didn't really work in the mines. But, I'm not going to go out of my way to find evidence. White people usually have management type positions. Also, I don't really know anything about the mines as we don't have any in Cape Town... so I wonder if Syngin really is from Cape Town or they're just saying he is because that's where they met. I wonder if he has any type of college or university... that could probably refute his mine story as kids in SA generally go to University or College straight out of High School unless they take a Gap Year... 

The photo they showed when he spoke about the story was just a generic "in the bush" photo. No coworkers, no mine equipment anywhere to be seen.... 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, lu1535 said:

On her list of what she'll be learning, under Business, #1 is Ethical Wildcrafting. What the hell is that?🤔🤪 

LOL I saw that too, the whole list of "topics" was pretty entertaining.  It looks like they attracted exactly who they were looking for. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

This is an interesting take and I don't disagree.  I weirdly tend to take people at their word, but people lie and exaggerate. 

Hadn't heard that spoiler (but I think spoilers are allowed here right?)

However, I will say that it all makes perfect sense and, if I may channel my inner Angela, as a taxpayer, I look forward to funding tanias moonbaby for the next 18 years.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, gingerella said:

good if true.  Syngin is better off without the lunatic

• Love 8

I did read about the rumour earlier in the season. However,  she's shown herself on her IG downing shots ( that was right around Christmas)and he is clearly still in the country if he got slapped with possession so I dunno how true it is. Syringe should really run so I hope he did leave her.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

I did read about the rumour earlier in the season. However,  she's shown herself on her IG downing shots ( that was right around Christmas)and he is clearly still in the country if he got slapped with possession so I dunno how true it is. Syringe should really run so I hope he did leave her.

She's drinking for two now.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I don't go to their IG's regularly , but someone on redditt said that his have all been about him traveling around (he went to Ca.) and drinking and hers has been boohoo i'm lonely type of stupid stuff.  They were spotted together in New Orleans on New Year's day /eve by a "fan".  It could be possible they are separated after the new year.  They did get married in the fall.  I feel bad for her when she says she was molested as a child, I hope she gets the help she needs.

• Love 1

The way she was talking in the car, I got the impression  expects Sinjin to suddenly become the primary bread winner  while she walks around like earth mommy, barefoot,  baby at her saggy tit, playing at her soap and herb oil business and taking 2 or 3 trips a year to some exotic location to study the latest in reading the lines on the bottom of feet or other such nonsense (of course Sinjin will stay home in the shed babysitting). 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, iwasish said:

The way she was talking in the car, I got the impression  expects Sinjin to suddenly become the primary bread winner  while she walks around like earth mommy, barefoot,  baby at her saggy tit, playing at her soap and herb oil business and taking 2 or 3 trips a year to some exotic location to study the latest in reading the lines on the bottom of feet or other such nonsense (of course Sinjin will stay home in the shed babysitting). 

Fathers don't "babysit" their own kids. But, I can totally see Tania leaving Syngin and the little kids with the "men are allowed to leave their kids all the time for business/pleasure... it's MY TIME!" And she'll expect him to be the primary caregiver and primary breadwinner at the same time... 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

This is exactly what she expects.  Of course he is "immature" and "young" for not wanting a steady 9-5 job, but Tania is "driven and goal oriented" for not having a job and taking an education vacation to Costa Rica 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

This is from last week, or so:

They were together through New Years when they were in New Orleans but it's been rumored off and on that they are separated. I think they keep having little breaks in their relationship, but they are married and have been photographed together out and about during all of the reported breakups. Syngin had supposedly returned to SA but he appeared in court in CT while people continued to insist he was in SA.

I don't think Tania is pregnant, either. She's just frumpy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Tania and Sygin have said they want freebies from the show. I think they are playing Jay and Ashley with us. They post together and then seem to possibly self spread rumors that their are problems f to get more people talking about them. I think they are together and trying hard to get the most out of their 15 minutes of fame. Do I think they have fights, yes, do I think they ever broke up, No. 

I just hope we do not see them on another season. Hopefully Tania fades like Lieda into the real world, working a job and no more show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Tania is a grifter and Syngin is a limp dick. She’s trying to squeeze every last drop out of her storyline, hoping to get freebies and opportunities and possibly be in the next iteration of 90DF. Syngin doesn’t have a real long term plan for his life, but he likes being in the States and will go along with Tania, just to keep her quiet. 

• Love 7
On 1/19/2020 at 5:48 PM, lu1535 said:

On her list of what she'll be learning, under Business, #1 is Ethical Wildcrafting. What the hell is that?🤔🤪 

Wildcrafting is just another word for foraging. The ethical part? Well, it's foraging for wild plants so probably something about not taking too many from the environment. It makes sense to learn that I guess so you don't use the wrong/poisonous plants. You could always use a book or the internet too so. There's that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/21/2020 at 7:45 PM, Christina said:

This is from last week, or so:

They were together through New Years when they were in New Orleans but it's been rumored off and on that they are separated. I think they keep having little breaks in their relationship, but they are married and have been photographed together out and about during all of the reported breakups. Syngin had supposedly returned to SA but he appeared in court in CT while people continued to insist he was in SA.

I don't think Tania is pregnant, either. She's just frumpy.

I saw her on a commercial trying on a wedding dress.. this makes me SO PISSED that Syngin is such a wuss.  If they get married I will never watch this show again.

• Love 2
On 1/12/2020 at 1:46 AM, RealReality said:

*sigh* sitting in my car and it just struck me that these two are very likely headed for a 90 DF spinoff.  At least happily ever after.

And it's been leaked they are on HEA

On 1/23/2020 at 3:47 AM, StitchPunk said:

Wildcrafting is just another word for foraging. The ethical part? Well, it's foraging for wild plants so probably something about not taking too many from the environment. It makes sense to learn that I guess so you don't use the wrong/poisonous plants. You could always use a book or the internet too so. There's that.

Wow. All this time I didn’t realize I was ethically wildcrafting bitter oranges and passion fruit from a nearby park. I used to freegan, but gave it up because of filthy rats. 

• Love 3

I guess Tania by keeping herself good or bad out front and center on social media got herself another season. I know TLC likes trainwrecks and happy mix on happily ever after. I would rather see the Colt and Larissa train wreck because they were headed for divorce, they were not faking it was over or fights. Or Azan dodging marrying Nicole. 

I guess Tania might make enough off TLC to buy that van and sell the soap and necklaces out of it while having a baby. 

Kind of makes me sick when people get rewarded for doing nothing. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 15
On 1/30/2020 at 11:03 PM, Christina said:

This is from September. It's a start, I guess, so I shouldn't poopoo it, but I don't think it will result in anything. My opinion on Tania is splashing onto him, too.

Syngin sounds like a 12-year old. He has just started taking woodworking classes, but will soon be making beds and tables, for SALE, everyone! As soon as this course is done, he is embarking for Space Camp, after which he will be flying to Mars.

He deserves better than Tania. I wish someone would mentor him in making real strides towards a career he’ll love and thrive in. Not saying it’s not woodworking, it just doesn’t seem practical. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9