Type keyword(s) to search

Rock The Block - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Opening up with the nasty, boastful Baumlers? Not a warm welcome to Rock the Block, season 5. (I'm not sure that's their name or how to spell it)

I really liked the architectural details Keith and Evan added to their kitchen/dining. Liked their more subdued colors. Wasn't keen on the quartz, not the wowzer focal point they needed. Keith's art and that huge sculpture...no. Just no.

The twins always over-accessorize with too much small stuff.

Bauemler's (I looked it up!) kitchen. Kind of OK. The rounded table attached to the island was fugly to me, especially the placement off to one side. Do people like those?

Page and the guy, I liked theirs the most. Good cabinet color. The grocery lift was genius. I go two steps from my garage to kitchen and I want one anyway! But I still sort of wish Keith & Evan won, lol. They have the only show I actually watch.

Rich people must drink a lot of wine. If only Warhol was still alive, the wealthy could replace all those installations with million-dollar paintings of a gigantic box o' wine.

edited for editing

edited again because it's BAEUMLER. Sheesh. Maybe I should try to remember their first names instead.

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 12

I find it hard to judge these since I can’t imagine a wall of wine in my house. The twins have a tendency to make everything look cheap and tacky. I think they would be good for a small beach getaway but not in these expensive homes. I liked the grocery lift and the elevator. I didn’t care for the table attached to the kitchen counter or the plaster art pieces in the one dining room. I think the right team won.

• Like 8

I've only watched the reveal so far, but agree with the above. I voted for Paige and Mitch's kitchen so I was happy they won. 

1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

The twins have a tendency to make everything look cheap and tacky.

Exactly what we said! Also, Mrs. B has the most boring antiseptic no-style. Everything she does looks industrial -- not in a good sense, but in the institutional, mid-level hotel sense. Their space was so dark. I'll have to watch the whole thing to make more comments.

My sister and I debated whether to put this seaosn on the dvr, but then almost simultaneously we said "But we love to snark at them too much!" We'll stick it out for at least one more season. 😁

• Like 7

Leslie & Lyndsay's kitchen looked more like a 'before' than a brand new one. I hated the dark green. 

Of course decorative stuff isn't going to add value to a house, but it doesn't mean original artwork shouldn't be incorporated. With that said, the plaster wall art & sculpture were ugly. That's the real sin.  

Bryan & Sarah's kitchen looked small. Not an easy feat in such a wide-open space. The built-in table instead of a dedicated dining space was a 'no' for me too, Egypt. 

Mitch & Page's kitchen was okay, but not particularly memorable. 

The outside of those houses are awful and stand out amongst the others in that community - and not in a good way. 

• Like 16
(edited)

It’s baaaaack!

I think HGTV broke Keith and Evan. I’m so sad at how much they tamped their style down in pursuit of sale-ability. I actually loved their home on their original season (it worked a lot better as a whole home than as individual rooms, imo) even though it was very specific. People side-eyed their round shapes - windows, curved shower, etc. - so much that season and now this season all the designers are adding curves. Maybe the peach walls were ahead of their time, too! 😂

I think this season is Paige and Mitch’s to lose. 

Edited by BryroseA
  • Like 8

I just want Keith and Even to win at least one challenge.

I hate everything Sarah does.  Too stark and too cold.

Page and Mitch: They get on my nerves, and I used to like Page when she was flipping with Deron in Nashville.

The twins: Can take them or leave them.

This season, I want Keith and Evan to win only because I like them as people.  It's unlikely to happen, though.

• Like 11
(edited)

My view may be cynical, but I find that unless someone like Egypt and Mike win almost every challenge on their season, the producers rotate who wins each week.  The overall 'winner' is whoever needs the publicity for their show the most.    It really doesn't matter who has the 'winning' house to me, since the real test is the selling price, and the houses that fly off of the market.  

I'm watching the kitchen episode, and could Bryan and Sarah act more like brats?   They were so rude to Lindsey and Leslie (however they spell their names), .   I think a wood garage door for their two houses is a horrible idea.   Something more durable would be better, and there are very attractive patterns and styles in garage doors.    I can't tell you how much I dislike Sarah and Bryan's island/curved table feature.     I liked the sand art at Keith and Evan's house, but hated the sculpture.  

Twins still layer tons of junk for staging, and their kitchen looked cheap, and uncorrdinated.    

Keith & Evan's kitchen was so nice, not their typical theme kitchen, but nice.   I really liked the arch too.  I still like the sand 'painting' but not the sculpture.   

I don't like Sarah and Bryan's kitchen at all, it's not cohesive, just a mishmash of trendy stuff.   Why is the microwave in the pantry instead of the kitchen?  For the size of the house, the kitchen is too small too.  No dining area but a the island/table? A big fail for me. 

I like Page and Mitch's butler's pantry.   I'm glad they won this week. 

I wish Keith & Evan and Page and Mitch could have all won. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 7
On 3/5/2024 at 1:56 PM, carrps said:

My sister and I debated whether to put this seaosn on the dvr, but then almost simultaneously we said "But we love to snark at them too much!" We'll stick it out for at least one more season. 😁

That's hilarious.  I saw it on the "scheduled" list and said Nah.

• Like 1

I get why Paige won this week but I really loved Keith and Evan's kitchen.  I HATED the Bauemler's kitchen. I've seen a few designers on HGTV designing kitchens/homes with no room for a dining table and I think it's a stupid trend. I don't want to sit on high-top chair for every meal! 

I'm really rooting for Keith and Evan; their show is the only one I really love to watch. Their design may not always be what I would want but I'm continually impressed w/ how different all of their homes look.  I also really liked their home they did last season on Rock the Block.  Once you saw it all come together it was really quite beautiful. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Ditto to so much that has been said here! The right team won, boo for bare curved wall with janky island table crowded into it, yay for a dumb waiter (oops, showing my ago, I mean a 'grocery lift'), and the twins' room needed half the accessories removed. I hate that Keith and Evan toned it down so much!

• Like 5

About Keith and Evan, yes the hand sculpture was an acquired taste.  I loved the plaster of Paris sand swirl, though.

For these houses, if someone has enough money to buy them, I don't believe they don't know they're Rock the Block houses.  That's got to be in the marketing somewhere. Keith and Evan's house is no different to me than any episode of House Hunters when someone encounters something that's not their taste. Remove the hand sculpture and be done.  It's not that big of a deal.

Plus, I also don't believe there isn't a Keith and Evan fan somewhere in FL who wouldn't buy a house they worked on.

You're going to get some quirks from them.  That's what people like about them. Don't have them compete and then penalize them for being them.  Minus the hand sculpture, their kitchen was GORGEOUS!

• Like 10
On 11/2/2023 at 4:24 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm guessing Alison will be a judge again.  

I'm a bit surprised Alison didn't try for "redemption" a third time as a contestant.  She's very competitive.  Maybe she's gotten over not winning.

In order, my hopes for winning are:

Keith/Evan

Lyndsey/Leslie

Page/Mitch

Sarah/Bryan

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2024 at 8:05 PM, BryroseA said:

It’s baaaaack!

I think HGTV broke Keith and Evan. I’m so sad at how much they tamped their style down in pursuit of sale-ability. I actually loved their home on their original season (it worked a lot better as a whole home than as individual rooms, imo) even though it was very specific. People side-eyed their round shapes - windows, curved shower, etc. - so much that season and now this season all the designers are adding curves. Maybe the peach walls were ahead of their time, too! 😂

I think this season is Paige and Mitch’s to lose. 

I actually liked Keith and Evan' style the best. The archways and the separate--but still open--dining room were beautiful. If they'd had a walk-in pantry, I think Egypt and Mike would've given them the win. 

On 3/9/2024 at 3:25 PM, Ohmo said:

You're going to get some quirks from them.  That's what people like about them. Don't have them compete and then penalize them for being them.  Minus the hand sculpture, their kitchen was GORGEOUS!

Same. I like them and their show, and I'm totally rooting for them.

On 3/4/2024 at 11:12 PM, kikicat said:

Rich people must drink a lot of wine. If only Warhol was still alive, the wealthy could replace all those installations with million-dollar paintings of a gigantic box o' wine.

Heh. I said that the entire episode. Do people really drink that much wine at home? To the point where you'd need an entire wall of wine? An entire wine room? 

I liked some of the Baumler's kitchen, but definitely not the side table or the curved wall. Which makes me sad because a lot of work went into curving that wall, and it was done well. It just looked stupid. Or like something you'd see in an office building. 

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, topanga said:

Do people really drink that much wine at home? To the point where you'd need an entire wall of wine? An entire wine room? 

I have a friend who lives in a large home. She and her husband drink wine every day. And yes, they have a wine room. It's huge.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I have a friend who lives in a large home. She and her husband drink wine every day. And yes, they have a wine room. It's huge.

I like their style! 🍷 But when these types of shows constantly warn about renovating for too specific a clientele, one must wonder about a "wine wall (or arch)."

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, topanga said:

I actually liked Keith and Evan' style the best. The archways and the separate--but still open--dining room were beautiful. If they'd had a walk-in pantry, I think Egypt and Mike would've given them the win.

Yes, they would have totally taken the week 1 win instead of the bs tie from this week. I did like the Baumler's ceiling (and I didn't think I would when they were describing it) but the rest of their look was blah.  Paige/Mitch's bed lift looked like an expensive malfunction waiting to happen.  The twins over did the pink a bit in the bathroom but I love than they don't rely on minimalist beige. Their other bathroom was gorgeous and colorful.

• Like 4
On 3/12/2024 at 10:28 AM, DanielleBowden said:

Yes, they would have totally taken the week 1 win instead of the bs tie from this week. I did like the Baumler's ceiling (and I didn't think I would when they were describing it) but the rest of their look was blah.  Paige/Mitch's bed lift looked like an expensive malfunction waiting to happen.  The twins over did the pink a bit in the bathroom but I love than they don't rely on minimalist beige. Their other bathroom was gorgeous and colorful.

On the Property Bros show where they compete with each other had this bed

• Like 2

I hate to say it, because I have loathed everything else I have seen them design, but I loved the Bauemlers’ living room. The curved walls and the ceiling treatment along with the full glass wall just really made it look luxe, but in an interesting way. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
On 3/13/2024 at 6:44 PM, BryroseA said:

I hate to say it, because I have loathed everything else I have seen them design, but I loved the Bauemlers’ living room. The curved walls and the ceiling treatment along with the full glass wall just really made it look luxe, but in an interesting way. 

Yes, I liked their living room. 

This week: 

The main suites all had elements I loved but also elements I did not like. 

I would not have chosen Page and Mitch as the winners. A bed on an elevated floor might look nice, but all I could think about was stumbling when getting out of bed and stubbing my toe when trying to get into bed. And the huge wet room with no door? I know it's Florida, but winter evenings can still get chilly. 

And where they the ones with laundry inside the closet? I can imagine that the extreme heat and humidity in such a small space wouldn't be good for clothing. 

Neither would a fireplace, Keith and Evan (so disappointed). 

I can't even think of who I would've chosen instead. No one's space really wowed me. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

I am just not connecting with any of these designs. A raised bed = a broken ankle when you get up in the middle of the night to pee. Ugh. The horrible wet room? The weird teeny tiny laundry closet with a combo washer/dryer? And an outdoor shower makes no sense on a third floor, I live on the beach, generally outdoor showers are to rinse off before going inside. A cold plunge tub? Yikes.

And maybe it’s because they are getting the furniture from Wayfair but it all just looks so cheap to me.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2

I thought all of these master suites were over designed. I would like room to read and write, a closet where I could hang a lot of things and I wouldn’t need a bathroom the size of an airplane hanger. No one would use a closet fireplace and too many niches and slots would make it hard to remember where you put your clothes. I can’t imagine when you would use the outdoor shower.
I also agree the raised bed would guarantee falling or stubbing a toe. I also have a pet peeve against master bathrooms without a door like the twins designed. I just don’t want kids or family members walking in on me or even my spouse walking in while I’m shaving my legs. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

They were all just too much.

The rooms were too big and the fireplaces were stupid in Florida. The outdoor shower made no sense.
Very weird episode.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
(edited)

That outside shower was ridiculous. Their original plan was to screen in the balcony so folks wouldn't get eaten by mosquitos. Then they see the twins putting in what they thought was a hot tub, and outside shower it is! Sure. The mosquitos will stay away from that. Not to mention, you can't get to it from outside. If you're going to have to traipse through the house to get to it, you might as well use the bathroom that's right there. If they had to have it, they should've saved it for the ground level by the pool.

I thought for sure they'd get dinged for it. Silly me. Likewise for that cluttered mishmash of a closet. It was ugly and lacking in useful closet storage.

As to the blonde woman and her husband, they carve out a small (comparatively) closet, because it's Florida - I guess Floridians don't have junk. - but they saved room in it for a champagne bar. Useful! [ /sarcasm]

Next week they're moving outside. Are they really out of inside areas to design already?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I rarely post here, but this episode plucked my nerves on so many levels. 

I don't agree with only one judge; that allows the judging to be taste specific. I am also not a big fan of Kristina Crestin, who veers into muddy, clingy designing. I knew immediately who she was going to choose based on her reactions and comments. 

I also do not like Page; something about her has always rubbed me the wrong way. And after her nasty, snarky remarks to, and about, Keith and Evan in episode one, I have no use for her at all. Her first comment was after they discussed the outside of the house, and she said something about the art of negotiation is about letting the other party think they got more than they did, as if Keith and Evan were two cornfed idiots that she was able to bamboozle with her superior intellect. Her second comment was after she saw the artwork for the dining room, and she said they were good artists, but as competitors, they just didn't have the knowledge of what it takes to raise the market value of their house. Insufferable bitch. I have mad respect for Keith and Evan, who have gone into houses that Miss Prissy Page wouldn't step a foot into. Who have lived in filth, eaten cold food, lived with no heat and running water, all to better their city. Yeah, girlfriend needs to take all the seats. 

For the life of me I can't figure out why Page and Mitch won the bedroom. A raised bed? Really? I am old and clumsy and see broken toes and sprained ankles. An outdoor shower? Why would you need that when you have one big enough for an entire football team steps away? I guess getting chewed up by mosquitos is preferable to stepping into your luxury steam shower. OH! But you can see the water while you wash! A champagne bar? I would much rather have a multipurpose good old refrigerator since I drink champagne about once a year if that. There was also no access to the laundry room, and I thought the closet shelving looked like something you would pick up at IKEA. And the horrid pink counter on the vanity. Just no. 

This win belonged to Keith and Evan. So they put a fireplace in the closet. And the friggin nitpick about the storage on the counter? Sorry, but you can never have enough storage, and that looked hella convenient to me. And Kristina did say that it was one of her pet peeves, so who is to say how potential buyers would feel. Keith and Evan were also the only ones who opened up the entire wall and put in bifold doors. Their rooms were cohesive and beautiful. 

End of rant.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 9
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

I don't like Paige either, though I'm not sure why. But when I heard the initial descriptions of their MBR plans, I liked theirs best: the bed facing the water, the bed on a platform so the view from the bed wouldn't be blocked by the railing, and the screened-in balcony. Without being screened in, no one's going to want to sit out their most days and you wouldn't be able to leave the doors open to get a cool breeze at night. The outdoor shower in that location makes no sense. I had envisioned the raised platform being much larger such that there would be at least four feet around it. Even then, it would present a hazard, but when I saw how little floor space was on at least one side of the bed, an accident seems guaranteed.

I ended up liking Keith and Evan's the best, though the fireplace in the closet was stupid. Even if I lived in the frigid north, I'd rather have more storage space than a fireplace. Like Christina, I didn't like the storage on top of the counter. But both of those faults were minor. The Detroit boys are probably at a bit of a disadvantage. They're used to sourcing products for houses that sell for $60,000-$120,000, not for million-dollar-plus homes (though that could be an advantage in not thinking about cold-plunge pools and outdoor showers).

• Like 9

I thought someone on this show was going to listen to my primal cri de coeur and screen in a porch. I was SO HAPPY, and then it was cruelly yanked away. 😅

If you’re in the South, Screen. It. In. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2

That was a let down when Paige and Mitch ditched the screened in balcony for a silly outdoor shower. But I liked their design. I loved the raised bed. I agree they should've left a little more room around the edges of the platform.

I don't watch much HGTV, so I don't really know the team personalities. But the twins can take their volume down by 50% or so to get on my good side.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Just started watching this in repeats. Not sure why so many dislike Bryan and Sarah, although I do recall people not liking when Sarah joined him on his reno show back in the day. Comments went toward her not staying in her lane, so to speak; i.e.  letting her man have his show and she should shut up and go away. Because of this, I have a soft spot for her. I think they have great taste and I love their relationship.

The kitchens…

I liked the curved walls in the Baeumlers house, not so much the table attached to the island.  Seems like an impractical trend when there’s not another actual dining area.

I don’t mind the twins, although their “twin schtick” gets old. I thought their kitchen looked comfortable and welcoming. I’m not a fan of those all white cold marble kitchens with all hard surfaces, so I appreciated their’s. Agree that the pantry needed a door or upper cabinets. I really liked their choice to make the wall towards the water be all windows because that’s kinda the point of living on the water, to see it.

I also don’t get the design trend to pantries that have become second kitchens. I mean, many people are barely cooking in their actual kitchen, why do they need a second room with counter space, dishwasher, and appliances?

Hated that big art blob in the guys’ dining room. Agree that it was crowded in that corner, and again, it was ugly. They seem like nice guys, but maybe luxury design isn’t their thing.

The elevator and dumb waiter (or whatever the pc name for it is) are both good ideas for such tall houses. Unloading groceries from your car directly into the lift is genius.

The huge wine fridge would be great for oenophiles, and it sure is pretty. The wine wall looks like a dust collector, but they did say it could be removed and replaced by art.

Living room/bedroom ep…

I don’t mind the pink bathroom. I always feel bad when House Hunter types turn up their nose at a 50s pink and black tiled bathroom because it’s so retro cool.

Keith and Evan need to incorporate plants. Their designs are so beige. I don’t understand designers’ obsessions with white couches. People actually live there; those couches are going to be white for a week and then look dirty.

Secret doors are cool.

Bryan and Sarah’s living room was a step above. The window wall was necessary for a vacation home.

I don’t have a problem with fireplaces in Florida. It gets cool there sometimes and people like the ambience, especially at Christmas. I do agree that fireplaces need a mantel (not a mantle). 

• Like 1

I know that I am not up on all of the deisgn trends that HGTV promotes, but when did having a sitting/lounge area in the closet become a thing?  Wine fridges, seating, fireplaces all in the closet?  And why were the laundry areas either in or attached to the closet?  The weather outside will be humid enough-they don't need to add more humidity to the closets!

Outdoor showers are traditionally on the ground level.  And, why have a mudroom on the third floor inside the main bedroom?  All that means is someone will be tracking dirt/mud/sand all through the house to get to the top floor before washing it off.  Again, I must be behind the trends.

If these will primarily be vacation rentals then that platform bed will be nothing be a liability.  People new to the home won't remember the platform when getting up groggily during the night or even in the morning.  If they wanted to highlight the view, then don't wall in a third of the balcony with a useless (IMO) outdoor shower.

There were several bedrooms/baths that had some nice design elements, but I really couldn't pick an overall 'winner' as there were many other elements that raised more questions for me (why? what? how?).

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I was really hoping for a Keith and Evan win on the backyard space.  But at least it wasn’t Paige.  I agree with the above that once she made negative comments about the others I am hoping that anyone else wins it all.  

• Like 7
(edited)

I thought it was outrageous that the twin's overdone, not facing the water, mishmash of an outdoor space won.    I guess viewer numbers for their show must be down.     There seems to be a connection between viewer numbers for a show, and wins for the weeks on this show.     

The judges point out that the twins space wasn't facing the water, and then rave about screens that could be put on any other home in a couple of hours.   As other posters pointed out, the screens were tight, so bugs will go through the gaps, and it does nothing to get rid of bugs already under the covered porch area.   

I thought the landscaping for the twins' house was way overdone too.   In bad weather, their back yard will end up in the pool, and on the back covered patio.     

I loved what Evan and Keith did.   The Baeumlers' looked like their usual hotel style.   Page and Mitch's looked amazing too.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

then rave about screens that could be put on any other home in a couple of hours.

The screens were "blind style" so are not really going to keep out bugs.  I like the twins because their style is less beige/sanitized but the patio was a miss for me overall.  I liked the subtle color of their hot tub tiles and also their pavers, which ended up getting lost with everything else going on.

• Like 3

Back to last week's...

Where is the linen closet? All those fireplaces and champagne bars but no linen closet for those enormous bathrooms? I liked Keith and Evan's because they gave them a regular laundry room, not a washer/dryer in a closet. 

On 3/19/2024 at 1:07 AM, topanga said:

And where they the ones with laundry inside the closet? I can imagine that the extreme heat and humidity in such a small space wouldn't be good for clothing. 

22 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

And why were the laundry areas either in or attached to the closet?  The weather outside will be humid enough-they don't need to add more humidity to the closets!

Right??? Also, since I had a washer flood on me, I worry about that too.

Count me against the ginormous bathrooms with tons of tile to clean as well.

On 3/19/2024 at 12:47 PM, Madding crowd said:

thought all of these master suites were over designed. I would like room to read and write, a closet where I could hang a lot of things and I wouldn’t need a bathroom the size of an airplane hanger. No one would use a closet fireplace and too many niches and slots would make it hard to remember where you put your clothes. I can’t imagine when you would use the outdoor shower.

I had never thought of that with all those closets but YES. 

Also, are those balconies braced to put those showers or tubs on them without collapse? That bothered me so much.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I think I’m too practical for this show.
With all the reveals I kept wondering where all the stuff would be stored. They all had tons of chairs , cushions and kitchen equipment which would need to be put somewhere in the event of bad weather. I hope there are security systems because I would worry about theft if I wasn’t at home.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ML89 said:

Count me against the ginormous bathrooms with tons of tile to clean as well.

I sincerely doubt the people who own these homes will be doing their own cleaning. I haven't cleaned a bathroom in over 30 years.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I thought the Detroit boys should have one. Their only criticism was that some art on the kitchen wall would have been nice. That is such a minor detail. (And a bit ironic as they normally have art everywhere.) My second choice would have been the twins - purely for the screen. I don't know how well those work, but Brian and Mika said the people purchasing the other houses would install them. 

• Like 7
(edited)

I still believe that the winners are picked for the couple that need more viewers for their show.   The real test is what the houses sell for, not what some appraiser or real estate agent says is the 'winner'.   That sale price doesn't include the fact that the houses are sold empty, (at least they have been in previous seasons) and how much work has to be done to make the house appeal for the largest part of the buying pool. 

These houses are obviously being built for short term/vacation rental.    I doubt any buyer will do their own cleaning, it will be the cleaning crew from the property managers.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I liked Keith/Ryan's the best.  But what I thought about was hanging around in those backyards with your neighbors literally on top of you!  You'd hear every word of their conversations.  Ugh.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, MartyQui said:

I liked Keith/Ryan's the best.  But what I thought about was hanging around in those backyards with your neighbors literally on top of you!  You'd hear every word of their conversations.  Ugh.

Yes, and I'd just love to be in my outdoor shower when the neighbors step onto their balcony.

I can't even with the judging this season. The only con the guys got was there was no art on the wall - Something any buyer can deal with easy-peasy, and might even prefer to select their own art. - and they don't win? While the twins, whose pool is oriented the wrong way, do? I mean, what adds more value, bug screens or a correctly oriented pool? Truly Bizarro World.

In terms of function and style, I think the guys had it by a mile over the other teams this week. Between this week and the week they were double winners, they're getting screwed over this season. I'll be optimistic and think they're just trying to instill extra surprise in we viewers when the guys win the season.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

Yeah, the wrong-facing sun deck seemed like an epic fail - and I actually want the twins to win something!

Was there a sink in Keith & Evan's huge outdoor dining area? 

I am really disliking Page this season.  I know it's probably production-inspired, but her ideas for the upstairs porch shower (which in and of itself seems ludicrous to me) and her downstairs cold plunge pool seemed to be pilferred from the twins.  Which, fine - just don't be so obnoxious.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I mean, what adds more value, bug screens or a correctly oriented pool?

Personally? A bug screen wins. Hands down. I don't really care about the orientation of the pool.

• Like 3
(edited)

The biggest issue to me is the screens weren't attached, and had big gaps around the sides. (Other posters pointed the screen gaps out, I didn't notice at first).  Putting them down for evening isn't going to do anything about the bugs already inside the covered porch either.   

I think the twins facing everything the wrong way was a big fail.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1

Okay, my first install would have been a downstairs powder room because I am not hiking up the stairs to the bathroom while I am watching a movie on that itty bitty screen from the pool, or making something on the teppanaki grill.

22 hours ago, MartyQui said:

But what I thought about was hanging around in those backyards with your neighbors literally on top of you!  You'd hear every word of their conversations.  Ugh.

So many new houses in Florida are built exactly like this, even as pricey as these will be. There's a development near me with a fake lagoon and million dollar duplex townhouses like these.

Also as a Florida resident, you couldn't pay me to move there. Next hurricane from the Gulf, those places are gone.

I was in favor of Keith and Evan, but I'm okay with the twins, if only because it probably grinds Paige's gears while she copied their plunge pool. Also the "look at that old looking tile" vs "it looks like shells" was terrific. These teams either really don't like each other or they are being told to take this to Survivor territory (really, the revenge/redemption thing is so overdone. I guess they can't say "I'm not here to make friends" though).

• Like 3
5 hours ago, carrps said:

Personally? A bug screen wins. Hands down. I don't really care about the orientation of the pool.

I get that, but looking at it from a potential buyer's standpoint? Bug screens seem an easy add, while reorienting your pool could be pricier.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1