Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Guess Who's Coming to Happy Hour?

• Start Topic

I find it amusing that newKary wasn’t happy Kam brought Cary and Leeanne to a girls night out.  Anytime I’ve invited girls out or went to a girls night, it’s common for women to invite other mutual friends.  It’s not a formal occasion.  Inviting yourself to a formal event is different. 

I think newKary loves D’Andrea and her idea for a storyline was to not get along with Leeanne from the get go.  Best way to aggravate Leeanne would be to try to ice her out.  It’s telling that Kary lost her cool the minute they walked out onto the patio for girls night.  Why would you not want everyone included Kary?  

Stephanie is a sweet girl.  I’d like her more if she wasn’t always attached to Brandi’s hip.

• Love 16

Oh Lordy, I am watching this now.

I wouldn't keep a dead bunny in my freezer but I understand the pain of losing a pet.

I COULD live on $60K a year but I can't now.  My mortgage and car payments total about $42K a year.  This does not include insurance/health insurance/HOA dues/food/clothing.  I understand D'Andra's point.  But I've been poor; I could live in a single-wide.  D"Andra has not been poor.

Dee and D'Andra.  Did they never talk professionally?  Wouldn't you have weekly Company meetings where you're reviewing key metrics?  What is selling/what isn't?  Results of ad sales?  Product development? Bottom line?

Trusts.  My spouse and I have a family trust.  Every asset is in the trust.  I don't have any assets in my name. I wonder if Kary is in the same situation?

Table decorations.  Party planning 101 says you don't use table decorations where you can't see/communicate with the person sitting across from you.  It isn't that hard.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I find it amusing that newKary wasn’t happy Kam brought Cary and Leeanne to a girls night out.  Anytime I’ve invited girls out or went to a girls night, it’s common for women to invite other mutual friends.  It’s not a formal occasion.  Inviting yourself to a formal event is different. 

I think it depends on people’s friends group because clearly Kam, LeeAnne and Cary knew that she purposely meant to not invite them. If it had just been Cary I assume no one would have cared but bringing LeeAnne was to stir drama which it’s a tv show so whatever but I would be annoyed if something like that happened in real life. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I join with others in adding my tiny violin in pity for D'Andrea having to GASP having to live on less than she feels entitled to.

The economics don't even add up. She admits that the house is owned (and therefore paid for) by her mother. She has a BRAVO salary and I can't imagine that it is less than $250,000 per year from that. Her husband is getting a pension from the military. She admittedly is getting $5000 per month from the Trust AND she was pulling down a salary from the business. All of the women also get certain freebies and other subsidies based on their D-list salaries. 

I guess there are enough idiots who don't look below what is being said who think that what she is saying is accurate - but would those idiots actually be sympathetic to someone claiming that HORRORS - they can't figure out how to make ends meet if they are getting $60,000 "free money" in addition to whatever else two people can make. 

No one was doing themselves any favors - Mama Dee appeared to be a withholding bitch - D'Andra appeared to be an entitled idiot and the husband seems to be a lazy gold digger. And the irony is that Mama Dee came out the best of the best bunch as I would also want my 50 year old child to have not squandered away her talents waiting for the inheritance. Mama Dee worked for her money - as the saying goes - marry for money and you'll earn every penny. And whether or not the cosmetics business was initially funded by her husband, she still managed to build a business that was economically viable for a number of years.

For those who are confused, D'Andrea said that she didn't know what was in the Trust. She always had full access to the company's books. To claim that she had no knowledge of the condition of the business means that she is either lying now or that she had absolutely nothing to do with the business prior to taking over except to have a title and draw a salary. It is impossible to have any level of management/executive responsibility in a business and NOT know its economics. In my working experience, once you are involved in management/executive level jobs, it is absolutely critical to know about the nitty gritty economics of the business - how else do you make decisions regarding any facet of the operations?

And the TRUST - LMFAO. D'Andra doesn't have a "Trust" in the sense of having money that was set aside for her benefit. No one has that kind of Trust who doesn't get the corpus when they hit a certain maturity age which is well under 50. The oldest I have seen for the final disbursement is 35 but that is only when there are very significant amounts and the majority has already been disbursed prior to that.

Mama Dee was left her husband's assets in a standard Intervivos Trust. To avoid probate at Mama Dee's death, her assets are held in the same type of Trust. The beneficiary of that Trust is probably D'Andra but until Mama Dee dies, D'Andra has no rights to any money that Mama Dee has anymore than any child has a right to their parents money. Mama Dee could cut D'Andra out completely or spend everything in the Trust. I have no idea what is in the Trust but I assume there is going to be some amount of assets left when Mama Dee dies - she seems like a shrewd enough character so that she invested safely so there will be something - the houses and I would assume normal stocks and bonds or whatever else she invested in. Poor D'Andrea just expected to get the windfall prior to Mama's death and has lived a lifestyle feeling she deserves that money.

It would be interesting to know exactly how much is actually in the "Trust". 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

I didn't even understand why D'andra was talking to Dee about the business anymore.  Was she trying to get a loan or something?  I think she was looking for a bailout.  There's no other way to explain why D'andra would tell Dee that Dee needs to understand that D'andra had 275 dresses by the time she was five.  As was mentioned upthread, on WWHL, Andy asked D'andra why she didn't examine the books, and D'andra replied that she didn't do due diligence because, basically, it didn't matter if the company was in the red or the black--she had to take the company or get a real job, and she wouldn't be able to film if she had a real job, and Andy changed the subject with the quickness.  Assholes, both of them.

Kam's fashion does kind of slay.  Her pink dress during the couples' shower was great, and she wore a fantastic bathing suit in Mexico that turns out to be only $40.  Cary Deuber on the other hand?  Nineteen fifty-four called and wants its hairstyle back!

I thought it was a little weird of Brandi and Stephanie to bail on the couples' shower, when they RSVP'd yes.  I don't understand the concept of formal invitations through text, so I quite frankly think everyone is acting ghetto in that instance, and I don't know that Brandi and Stephanie had a duty to contact Leanne if they contacted the host, who was Kam, but I really think that once you RSVP yes to something, you're in for a pound.  They mentioned really quickly that Stephanie's kid had his dinosaur thing at 9.  Well, they were still setting up for the shower at 11:30.  It's hard for me to believe Stephanie couldn't have come if she wanted to.  Brandi is making no bones about not wanting to go, but, again, RSVP no then.  Not rocket science.

Interesting that they could both show up to happy hour too (I have no problem believing it was the same day.  The weather often changes between 11:30 and 5).  That happy hour was so dysfunctional.  I am like everyone else--everyone is invited to happy hour.  It's not a private event.  So I don't care who was there.  What I do care about is Leanne treating invitations to her wedding like trump cards, when we pretty much know everyone (except maybe D'andra) is going to be there anyway, for the show.  The conversations between Kameron and Stephanie go nowhere.  They need to stop trying to be friends.  Yes, Kameron gets a word or a phrase in her head and doesn't let it go and it's completely annoying, like "surface," but Stephanie is the one who distorted the use of the word "trash" and made it her platform, so the two just don't need to be in each other's lives that deep.  It's really simple.

It's pretty weird how hard Kameron goes for Stephanie.  Who cares about her if you're this fabulous Westcott anyway? (I think it either has to do with how much money Travis has, or Kameron needs a storyline.  I think it has absolutely nothing to do with Kam seeing Steph as her Barbie competition.  Stephanie has blonde hair and blue eyes, but she has nothing else in common with Kameran and her human Barbie fixation--different personalities, manners of dress, body types, etc.   Stephanie is the girl next door.  Kameron is Barbie.  Now, why you'd want to be Barbie at 36 years old is a discussion for Kameron to have with a professional.  I can't speak to that).

I'm just throwing this out there, but...does anyone get the impression that Kary wants to be independent/have money of her own?  I'm not sure if she's mentioned it one way or the other yet...🙄 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Thus, I think the story is completely fake, or, if any of it is real, it shows she's dumber than the box out of which her hair came.

I agree - they're looking for free publicity for their company.  I do watch Christian tv and I've never heard of it.

3 hours ago, Jack Terrier said:

THIS right here is what I don't understand.  Once we get to the nitty gritty about D'andra's finances it's a bunch of bullshit!  No house payment, a "small" stipend (for doing nothing), a salary (that she had to cut; but how much?) and a bravo paycheck.  And that's not enough to live on?  Give me a break.

The husband (sorry, blanking on his name) makes NO money at all?  He live a pretty nice life for not bringing in a paycheck.  He can't get a job with some sort of salary while taking pictures on the side?

Remember the clothes?  Buying expensive designer everything is costly.  IMO that's why she's "broke"

42 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I think newKary loves D’Andrea and her idea for a storyline was to not get along with Leeanne from the get go.  Best way to aggravate Leeanne would be to try to ice her out.  It’s telling that Kary lost her cool the minute they walked out onto the patio for girls night.  Why would you not want everyone included Kary?  

Yes yes yes!  Last week she started heckling LeeAnne at Leeanne's bachelorette party and therefore kept her cool while LeeAnne freaked out.  This week Leeanne got her back!  The best response - both from good manners AND keeping the upper hand in the game they are playing - would have been to welcome the others and act pleased that they had come.  And then go home and plan your revenge 😈

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I wonder if she knows that and it’s why she reacted so strongly to what Stephanie said about surface level friendship. I’m not sure if Kameron’s capable of having conversations of any depth, but her portrayal on the show does give girlie girl types a bad name. I’m like her where I like for everything to be pretty and pink. But you can be that way and still have substance. Lisa Vanderpump on BH fits the description. Kameron seems off in her own Barbie world.

Yes. It has nothing to do with how she dresses and everything to do with how she acts. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, amarante said:

For those who are confused, D'Andrea said that she didn't know what was in the Trust. She always had full access to the company's books.

I'm not a lawyer but aren't they two different things?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I didn't even understand why D'andra was talking to Dee about the business anymore.  Was she trying to get a loan or something?  I think she was looking for a bailout.  There's no other way to explain why D'andra would tell Dee that Dee needs to understand that D'andra had 275 dresses by the time she was five.  As was mentioned upthread, on WWHL, Andy asked D'andra why she didn't examine the books, and D'andra replied that she didn't do due diligence because, basically, it didn't matter if the company was in the red or the black--she had to take the company or get a real job, and she wouldn't be able to film if she had a real job, and Andy changed the subject with the quickness.  Assholes, both of them.

Kam's fashion does kind of slay.  Her pink dress during the couples' shower was great, and she wore a fantastic bathing suit in Mexico that turns out to be only $40.  Cary Deuber on the other hand?  Nineteen fifty-four called and wants its hairstyle back!

I thought it was a little weird of Brandi and Stephanie to bail on the couples' shower, when they RSVP'd yes.  I don't understand the concept of formal invitations through text, so I quite frankly think everyone is acting ghetto in that instance, and I don't know that Brandi and Stephanie had a duty to contact Leanne if they contacted the host, who was Kam, but I really think that once you RSVP yes to something, you're in for a pound.  They mentioned really quickly that Stephanie's kid had his dinosaur thing at 9.  Well, they were still setting up for the shower at 11:30.  It's hard for me to believe Stephanie couldn't have come if she wanted to.  Brandi is making no bones about not wanting to go, but, again, RSVP no then.  Not rocket science.

Interesting that they could both show up to happy hour too (I have no problem believing it was the same day.  The weather often changes between 11:30 and 5).  That happy hour was so dysfunctional.  I am like everyone else--everyone is invited to happy hour.  It's not a private event.  So I don't care who was there.  What I do care about is Leanne treating invitations to her wedding like trump cards, when we pretty much know everyone (except maybe D'andra) is going to be there anyway, for the show.  The conversations between Kameron and Stephanie go nowhere.  They need to stop trying to be friends.  Yes, Kameron gets a word or a phrase in her head and doesn't let it go and it's completely annoying, like "surface," but Stephanie is the one who distorted the use of the word "trash" and made it her platform, so the two just don't need to be in each other's lives that deep.  It's really simple.

It's pretty weird how hard Kameron goes for Stephanie.  Who cares about her if you're this fabulous Westcott anyway? (I think it either has to do with how much money Travis has, or Kameron needs a storyline.  I think it has absolutely nothing to do with Kam seeing Steph as her Barbie competition.  Stephanie has blonde hair and blue eyes, but she has nothing else in common with Kameran and her human Barbie fixation--different personalities, manners of dress, body types, etc.   Stephanie is the girl next door.  Kameron is Barbie.  Now, why you'd want to be Barbie at 36 years old is a discussion for Kameron to have with a professional.  I can't speak to that).

I'm just throwing this out there, but...does anyone get the impression that Kary wants to be independent/have money of her own?  I'm not sure if she's mentioned it one way or the other yet...🙄 

My guess is D’andra brought up her childhood to explain why she’s struggling as an adult. She’s used to living extravagantly. 

I haven’t seen WWHL yet, but that’s interesting! So the show must be important to her if it’s the reason she’s focusing on keeping the business and not pursuing other work. 

Did Brandi and Stephanie suddenly realize their kids had an event? I get that if you RSVP it’s poor etiquette to not show up last minute, but I do think in general your immediate family > work friends. If it were LeeAnne’s wedding it would be very special, but it was one of many events. I thought Kameron was unnecessarily harsh on Stephanie. Just as you want your friends to show up for you and not ditch last minute, you also want them to be understanding and not quick to scold you. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

My guess is D’andra brought up her childhood to explain why she’s struggling as an adult. She’s used to living extravagantly. 

I was reminded of Candy and Tori Spelling in that conversation both over shop and hoard but one can afford that lifestyle and the other can’t.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Mama Dee claimed that D'andra does not know how to budget and blows all her money as soon as she has it. (Which, I believe.) D'andra seemed to bring up the 275 dresses as if to say, "YOU spent all your money too!"  However, if D'andra's step-father was really loaded, it's possible that Dee was able to lavish D'andra with dresses and still pay her bills, save, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Did Brandi and Stephanie suddenly realize their kids had an event? I get that if you RSVP it’s poor etiquette to not show up last minute, but I do think in general your immediate family > work friends. If it were LeeAnne’s wedding it would be very special, but it was one of many events. I thought Kameron was unnecessarily harsh on Stephanie. Just as you want your friends to show up for you and not ditch last minute, you also want them to be understanding and not quick to scold you. 

I get what you're saying, and I pretty much agree with you.  I think Leanne said there are going to be nine parties for this thing, which I think is absurd, unless you have Westcott money, and just want an excuse to throw parties.  I haven't even heard of nine parties for a wedding, so I don't know what the etiquette is, but my personal etiquette is that no one is required to attend all nine, nor do they need to send a gift, unless that is how your social group works, and everyone has nine parties, so everyone reciprocates.

So I think the concept of a couples' party is bullshit in the first place.  And I definitely agree that immediate family trumps friends.  And Kameron is not being classy to scold, regardless.  

All I'm saying is that Brandi and Stephanie could have said any or all of the above, but they didn't.  They both RSVP'd yes, and both "realized" they had things to do for their kids.  I'm just looking at the timeline and making an educated guess that Stephanie--about whom we have more information--could have likely made it, but she just didn't want to.  

I just think they all need to up their argument and their strategy game.  If a thing for your kid pops up, I would think that they'd play offense and tell Kameron, in person and in writing (like Erika from RHBH) that they are so sorry, but that this specific thing for their child came up, and would Kameron mind if they came late? Suddenly the tables are turned and it's Kameron on the defense.  So, instead of letting her scold, Stephanie can be all faux-outraged herself and say, "Kameron, I begged if I could come.  I wanted to celebrate Leanne and Rich so badly, but you said that if I couldn't come exactly on time, then I couldn't come at all, and I was devastated."  

Using strategy would make this endeavor a whole lot more interesting IMO.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

It seems to me that a lot of these housewives shows are causing financial ruin for those who really can’t compete with the high rollers. Some are causing their own demise (D’Andra). It might not be healthy for all these people to stay on these shows (except those Bravo checks). 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It seems to me that a lot of these housewives shows are causing financial ruin for those who really can’t compete with the high rollers. Some are causing their own demise (D’Andra). It might not be healthy for all these people to stay on these shows (except those Bravo checks). 

Bishes be frontin'. 

I never quite got the concept of "keeping up with the Joneses".  Fuck the Joneses, they need to keep up with ME!   i.e. How to live on less than half of D'Andra's stipend and be happy, happy, happy.  (OK - maybe just a lot less miserable).

In addition to hating housewives, Satan Andy really has it in for their mothers, n'est-ce pas?

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

D'andra last night on watch what happens explained that's why she chose to take the business from Mama D and not just start over from scratch .... she couldn't start her own business and do the show because she wouldn't be able to film with the hours she would have to put in to get her business up and running......  so again this mess that she is in is partially her fault she wanted to be free to be on this show and chose that over doing anything else... which explains why we never have any "low" income housewives due to the fact that most of their time would be spent at work and not going on trips and "hanging" out because they couldn't afford to not work to film

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, albarino said:

I'm not a lawyer but aren't they two different things?  

Yes the "Trust" - whatever that is and the business are completely separate entities.

In the episode, D'Andrea and Mama Dee were discussing finances in general.

D'Andrea should have had a COMPLETE idea of the finances of the company since she had been working at it in an executive capacity for several years.

D'Andrea said that she had a few stocks left in terms of assets when she was explaining to Mama Dee how poor she was. For some reason, Mama Dee had some sense of exactly what assets D'Andrea had.

D'Andrea then got very huffy and said she had NO idea what assets were in the "Trust" - implying that she didn't really know how much her mother had. She said that she hadn't looked at the assets of the "Trust" since the stepfather died. That would probably have been fairly normal - i.e. Papa Dee died and D'Andrea found out she wasn't inheriting much if anything but for whatever reason would receive $5000 per month and she might also have been given some idea of what was in the "Trust" at that time. However, at this point Mama Dee probably doesn't share her bank statements with D'ANdrea so D'Andrea would have no idea of exactly how much she has.

I don't think Mama Dee is facing the prospect of taking to a shopping cart in the future but I also don't think the "Trust" has hundreds or even tens of millions of dollars in it. It could either be a Tori Spelling situation where Aaron's estate actually did have hundreds of millions of dollars but the father (and mother) wanted the kids to be semi-self sufficient or it could mean that Mama Dee's assets are such that she would have to lower her OWN standard of living somewhat in order to give D'Andrea what she feels she is entitled to. 

While somewhat brutal, Mama Dee is essentially telling D'Andrea that she doesn't want to throw good money after bad. The lease is close to $100,000 per year and there appears to be a fairly significant workforce/payroll - it is impossible to believe that this obscure cosmetic company - however jacked up the prices are compared to actual manufacturing costs - would be able to support that kind of overhead.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I find the density of most of these women to be a colossal bore when it then winds up being an extended story line. Stephanie obviously has more insight and emotional intelligence than Kameron - even Leeanne in her limited way does.

Stephanie was not being cruel when she described the nature of her relationship with Kameron. She NEVER said that Kameron was a superficial person - only that she and Kameron had a SUPERFICIAL relationship. Most people have superficial relationships with those around them and have deep relationships with a few people that develop over time. 

To not be able to differentiate the type of social relationship one has with a co-worker - casual acquaintance with the kind of deep relationship one has with a few people and then to confuse the issues with claiming that one is insulted by being called superficial is completely idiocy and shows her lack of emotional intelligence.

What is more accurate is that - for whatever reason - Kameron felt badly that Stephanie felt more connected with Kary after a relatively short period of time than she did with Kameron after several seasons. Of course, this is again missing the point since it was to a great extent circumstantial anyway - in that moment Stephanie was feeling a bit (and rightfully so) estranged due to Kameron's behavior and Kary happened to be there and for whatever reason Stephanie felt she could discuss the situation with her. Was she supposed to wake Kameron that morning in order to have a conversation? 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, amarante said:

I find the density of most of these women to be a colossal bore when it then winds up being an extended story line. Stephanie obviously has more insight and emotional intelligence than Kameron - even Leeanne in her limited way does.

Stephanie was not being cruel when she described the nature of her relationship with Kameron. She NEVER said that Kameron was a superficial person - only that she and Kameron had a SUPERFICIAL relationship. Most people have superficial relationships with those around them and have deep relationships with a few people that develop over time. 

To not be able to differentiate the type of social relationship one has with a co-worker - casual acquaintance with the kind of deep relationship one has with a few people and then to confuse the issues with claiming that one is insulted at being called superficial is completely idiocy and shows her lack of emotional intelligence.

What is more accurate is that - for whatever reason - Kameron felt badly that Stephanie felt more connected with Kary after a relatively short period of time than she did with Kameron after several seasons. Of course, this is again missing the point since it was to a great extent circumstantial anyway - in that moment Stephanie was feeling a bit (and rightfully so) estranged due to Kameron's behavior and Kary happened to be there and for whatever reason Stephanie felt she could discuss the situation with her. Was she supposed to wake Kameron that morning in order to have a conversation? 

Exactly. I’ve experienced people getting annoyed by my lack of confiding in them and getting close. I don’t need to discuss my deepest, darkest secrets with work friends and acquaintances. In general it takes me time to trust. But now and then you instantly click with someone or they happen to be there when you need a shoulder to lean on. Kameron doesn’t understand that you can’t force a friendship, especially not a close one. Her actions also do not exactly make you want to run to her when you’re hurting. Her treatment of Stephanie has probably made Stephanie that much less likely to pour her heart out in fear of Kameron making it about her or judging her in general. 

• Love 6

Kameron misconstrues a lot. That's part of her charm/ or part of the laughable/mockable/eye rolly entertainment she brings to the show, depending on how you view her.

Remember when she was absolutely outraged because she thought Stephanie had said Kameron would "bash a baby"? Or the time she thought someone had insulted her mother in law and she got super pissy and stormed off, when the person wasn't insulting her mother in law at all.

I just find that stuff endlessly entertaining and so much more fun and palatable than the debauchery and duplicity we are subjected to from the other franchises (hey OC and BH).

She tried to create a line of pink dog food with sparkles, and then in her serious business investigations, discovered later that sparkles aren't actually food or even edible. 

She baby talks about being a living Barbie doll, like that's a good thing.

She cannot successfully segment an apple, even with a tool that is specifically designed for segmenting apples.

I could go on and on.

I seriously don't get how everyone doesn't just love her, 

To me, she's the absolute GOAT. And greatest there ever will be.

Edited by Jel
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I get what you're saying, and I pretty much agree with you.  I think Leanne said there are going to be nine parties for this thing, which I think is absurd, unless you have Westcott money, and just want an excuse to throw parties.  I haven't even heard of nine parties for a wedding, so I don't know what the etiquette is, but my personal etiquette is that no one is required to attend all nine, nor do they need to send a gift, unless that is how your social group works, and everyone has nine parties, so everyone reciprocates.

So I think the concept of a couples' party is bullshit in the first place.  And I definitely agree that immediate family trumps friends.  And Kameron is not being classy to scold, regardless.  

According to my mom - back in her day (the 50's and 60's) you had several showers because they were given by different people for different crowds - she had one given by family, one by her coworkers and one by her church group - so everyone wasn't expected to go to every one, just the one they were associated with.  And I suppose you might drag your mom or bestie to every one.  Expecting everyone to go to everything you do is just ridiculous.  The concept of a "couples shower" is newer, but when I've seen it done it usually is casual and has a theme like "Stock the bar" and people bring some booze to give and like I said earlier - something that guys might actually enjoy!

One thing I think is skewing all this is that it is for tv - Leanne is handing out those wedding invites like golden tickets but what she's really offering is camera time (or not! D'Andra) and ditto with her stupid events.  My guess is that at this time in filming Stephanie and Brandi were tired of the others and decided they wanted a day off.  I know I could only attend so many boozy midweek, midday drama fests before I'd be ready for an Easter Dinosaur Pageant myself 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Thank you .. in this day and age its just not possible esp with how easy it is to make money off shit like that ..... why would she give the child up she could have had a meal ticket for 18 years instead of giving him the baby if he cheated and the baby was his....woman who do shit like that wouldn't pass up 18 years of guaranteed money from a super wealthy man .....

Maybe she didn't want the baby. Maybe she didn't want to have a "meal ticket" and the responsibility of raising a baby on her own for 18 years.  Maybe Bryan and Brandi paid her off with a huge amount of money if they are so wealthy. There are many possibilities. Not sure I buy any of it either but it is possible. After all, she 's pregnant again. The payoffs must be good. 

• Love 4

When D’Andra said she had 275 dresses as a child and let’s get real I wanted Ramona Singer to appear behind her and say “let’s call a spade a spade” with a glass of Pinot Grigio in hand.

You’re right Leeanne, no one will ever throw you a party as nice as Kam’s ever again. Kam seemed to let her guard down in the scene with her husband. I loved her line “you’re the one who introduced me to Neiman Marcus!” 

Loved Stephanie’s whole look at girls night. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Maybe she didn't want the baby. Maybe she didn't want to have a "meal ticket" and the responsibility of raising a baby on her own for 18 years.  Maybe Bryan and Brandi paid her off with a huge amount of money if they are so wealthy. There are many possibilities. Not sure I buy any of it either but it is possible. After all, she 's pregnant again. The payoffs must be good. 

Secret surrogacy for the win!

(All the money; none of the cheating)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Jel said:

Kameron misconstrues a lot. That's part of her charm/ or part of the laughable/mockable/eye rolly entertainment she brings to the show, depending on how you view her.

Remember when she was absolutely outraged because she thought Stephanie had said Kameron would "bash a baby"? Or the time she thought someone had insulted her mother in law and she got super pissy and stormed off, when the person wasn't insulting her mother in law at all.

I just find that stuff endlessly entertaining and so much more fun and palatable than the debauchery and duplicity we are subjected to from the other franchises (hey OC and BH).

She tried to create a line of pink dog food with sparkles, and then in her serious business investigations, discovered later that sparkles aren't actually food or even edible. 

She baby talks about being a living Barbie doll, like that's a good thing.

She cannot successfully segment an apple, even with a tool that is specifically designed for segmenting apples.

I could go on and on.

I seriously don't get how everyone doesn't just love her, 

To me, she's the absolute GOAT. And greatest there ever will be.

This!!
This is what I expect to see, housewives like Kameron, Shannon, LVP, Kyle, Sonja, etc.  Women that are over the top in some form that create drama that’s not all about a dark energy but is instead more frivolous, fun or even delusional...not outrageous in the way that the OC has been the last few episodes.  The in your face sexuality, hustling, shock value that Bravo is gravitating to on most of their shows.  
This is why I liked Alexis and Heather Dubrow.  Bitchy, flashy, fashionable without going too far.

I think Kameron is harmless and just I love her sweet pink Lady Dior bag!  Please, more of that Barbie housewife for me!  

Edited by IKnowRight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Jel said:

Kam reminds me of a Stepford Wife. 

She reminds me of the Martian Madam character in Mars Attacks!  Not the attitude but the way she moves, kind of like she just learned to walk about ten minutes ago and she still doesn't have the whole balance thing down yet.  Court (rhymes with Martin Short) better watch himself.  There's a very different face under the one he sees, I'd bet on it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Loved Stephanie’s whole look at girls night. 

I just love seeing Stephanie on my screen.  She's so damn pretty, and she can wear anything. Does she have a stylist or does she dress her own self?  Not crazy about the one TH with the weird hair, but she generally looks very comfortable in her skin, and her clothes.  Sweet lady.

Speaking of mothers, have we met LeeAnne's family?  Didn't we meet her mom last season?  I vaguely recall LeeAnne whining about her childhood, and mom just sorta accepting the criticism and looking like she'd rather be anywhere else. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

I think I remember liking Stephanie’s mother in Oklahoma. I don’t really remember Brandy’s or Cary’s moms.

I guess - and yes we did meet Leanne's mom last season.  I guess I just hate "Jimmy" and Dee!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why would anyone automatically think that tho? Like there has been no evidence to support it no one around them is saying it no blogs are reporting on it it just makes absolutely no sense. Yes let my husband continue to have sex with this women in hopes that she keeps popping out babies? She’s running a secret baby factory now? And no one is saying anything? No one is running their mouth to anyone? It’s not possible. And if it is then damn Brandi is Much much much much smarter then she’s letting on to be able to pull off this major operation without anyone around them knowing and publicly blowing the whole thing wide open. Especially with them doing this on a nationally televised show.  The rumor just comes off has a nasty attack on not just the baby but Brandi has a person that she would not only go along with it but continue to let it happen. Leanne would have been all over this if it was even slightly something smelly about it she would wallow in this like a pig in shit and even she’s not brought it up. I just don’t think it’s one possible but two I don’t think it’s true 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8

Just watching now...after reading this forum of course, because I wanted to see kam and jimmy’s party, lol. OMG, I agree with y’all, D’andra is a spoiled brat. Mama D is a witch, but why wait until your daughter is 50 to teach her a lesson. Crazy to me. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, amarante said:

For those who are confused, D'Andrea said that she didn't know what was in the Trust. She always had full access to the company's books. To claim that she had no knowledge of the condition of the business means that she is either lying now or that she had absolutely nothing to do with the business prior to taking over except to have a title and draw a salary. 

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer about this earlier--D'Andra said on WWHL that she didn't know what was in the company's books when she took it over, and was prohibited from knowing  On the episode, she admits she doesn't know the trust's economic situation.  The WWHL exchange was as follows:

Andy: People think that your Mom knew, I mean, obviously she knew what shape the company was in before you got it, and you did not have any idea?

D'Andra: I did not because my father--my mother says my father said don't ever show her the books. Well, when he passed away she kept on with that, you know, understanding that they had. And so and when I took the company over, people always ask me why didn't you do your due dilligence? And it was kind of one of those situations, where if I was in a place where I'd left the company, I'd have to start a job.  Fine, no problem with that.  But I certainly wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be doing this [i.e., the show, as @LibertarianSlut reported above] because you can't film and go to a job from 8 to 6 every day. It was a big decision.  Do I make the company go with what I have--the knowledge I have? Or do I leave? And, I'm my mother's child, Andy, so I'm tenacious as anything.

/end quote

Thus, D'Andra is trying to say she assumed all responsibilities with ZERO understanding of the company's books.  I don't believe that's true unless she is truly an idiot, never saw an email, a profit loss statement, sat in on an email, over heard a conversation, took a clue about the expense of L22 and repackaging, or anything else in her decade in the office in Dallas after leaving her DC job.  I think it's all for storyline for an easy way to get cash, and more importantly, to get exposure/promotion for the business, and continue to lead her flighty life.  Or she's really stone cold stupid.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, AntAnn said:

Just watching now...after reading this forum of course, because I wanted to see kam and jimmy’s party, lol. OMG, I agree with y’all, D’andra is a spoiled brat. Mama D is a witch, but why wait until your daughter is 50 to teach her a lesson. Crazy to me. 

Mother D' must have been a horror to live with, I get why D'andra is like she is.  This business could have been a great team effort to learn and grow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer about this earlier--D'Andra said on WWHL that she didn't know what was in the company's books when she took it over, and was prohibited from knowing  On the episode, she admits she doesn't know the trust's economic situation.  The WWHL exchange was as follows:

Andy: People think that your Mom knew, I mean, obviously she knew what shape the company was in before you got it, and you did not have any idea?

D'Andra: I did not because my father--my mother says my father said don't ever show her the books. Well, when he passed away she kept on with that, you know, understanding that they had. And so and when I took the company over, people always ask me why didn't you do your due dilligence? And it was kind of one of those situations, where if I was in a place where I'd left the company, I'd have to start a job.  Fine, no problem with that.  But I certainly wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be doing this [i.e., the show, as @LibertarianSlut reported above] because you can't film and go to a job from 8 to 6 every day. It was a big decision.  Do I make the company go with what I have--the knowledge I have? Or do I leave? And, I'm my mother's child, Andy, so I'm tenacious as anything.

/end quote

Thus, D'Andra is trying to say she assumed all responsibilities with ZERO understanding of the company's books.  I don't believe that's true unless she is truly an idiot, never saw an email, a profit loss statement, sat in on an email, over heard a conversation, took a clue about the expense of L22 and repackaging, or anything else in her decade in the office in Dallas after leaving her DC job.  I think it's all for storyline for an easy way to get cash, and more importantly, to get exposure/promotion for the business, and continue to lead her flighty life.  Or she's really stone cold stupid.  

I don't disagree with your presentation but nothing about this makes sense.

Agree that almost everything would be "staged" for the show. However, I don't understand why these two women AND the husband would want to portray themselves as the despicable and/or idiotic people they are portraying on the show.

If gaining promotion for the cosmetics line is the end game, why paint yourself as a withholding bitch (Mama Dee) who kept her daughter in captivity with promises of owning a lucrative company only to hand her a losing company. D'Andrea is portraying herself as an entitled idiot and the husband is portraying himself as a lazy gold digger who with years of service as a military officer is incapable of finding a job.

One could have just as easily concocted a storyline in which the cosmetics company was saved through the valiant efforts of the mother and daughter working together to modernize it - or something that was less ridiculous and demeaning to all participants. And at least would have made sense since you simply can't perform managerial/executive functions without knowing what costs and sales are. How can you develop any kind of marketing or development strategy without knowing what is selling etc.

And they ridiculous elephant in the room is always that being on the show IS a well paid gig and really not that demanding so the reason why D'ANdra wasn't motivated to get a "real" job was that she was making far more than she would be making at any other job - and what the hell kind of job is she actually qualified for anyway? And leaving aside that she theoretically was "working" at the cosmetics company for many years prior to starting with the show and thus for many years was actually being paid money from the company to do nothing - because nothing is all that someone with no knowledge of costs/sales/profit or any other relevant information about a company is able to do. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, amarante said:

I don't disagree with your presentation but nothing about this makes sense.

Agree that almost everything would be "staged" for the show. However, I don't understand why these two women AND the husband would want to portray themselves as the despicable and/or idiotic people they are portraying on the show.

If gaining promotion for the cosmetics line is the end game, why paint yourself as a withholding bitch (Mama Dee) who kept her daughter in captivity with promises of owning a lucrative company only to hand her a losing company. D'Andrea is portraying herself as an entitled idiot and the husband is portraying himself as a lazy gold digger who with years of service as a military officer is incapable of finding a job.

All this is exactly why I’m more judgmental of the wealthy folks on these shows who come off really poorly. I could see someone who is desperate for a paycheck not caring how they’re portrayed as long as they have a gig that supports them and their family. You’re so right that this storyline doesn’t make anyone in the family look good. 

• Love 4

I just don’t understand  why someone would stage their business failing because it doesn’t make anyone interested in the brand and than it really does fail.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I'm not sure why the husband looks bad here - he has his military pension and photography business; he lives in his wife's house because that's where she wants to live and is trying to give her support/advice about "her" business.  He'd probably be just as fine living down the street from LeeAnne and Rich.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, princelina said:

According to my mom - back in her day (the 50's and 60's) you had several showers because they were given by different people for different crowds - she had one given by family, one by her coworkers and one by her church group - so everyone wasn't expected to go to every one, just the one they were associated with.  And I suppose you might drag your mom or bestie to every one.  Expecting everyone to go to everything you do is just ridiculous.  The concept of a "couples shower" is newer, but when I've seen it done it usually is casual and has a theme like "Stock the bar" and people bring some booze to give and like I said earlier - something that guys might actually enjoy!

One thing I think is skewing all this is that it is for tv - Leanne is handing out those wedding invites like golden tickets but what she's really offering is camera time (or not! D'Andra) and ditto with her stupid events.  My guess is that at this time in filming Stephanie and Brandi were tired of the others and decided they wanted a day off.  I know I could only attend so many boozy midweek, midday drama fests before I'd be ready for an Easter Dinosaur Pageant myself 😄 

As someone who felt like a stranger at my own wedding and rehearsal, I think different showers for different groups of people is a good idea as long as the intentions are right--people getting to know each other and enjoying a moment.  Same for a couples' shower.  I could see that, with the spin you put on it.  Especially given the fact that people in the '50s and '60s tended to stay married when they got married. I felt very strange having to cozy up to my husband's friends' girlfriends--women I couldn't pick out of a line-up of one--at my own wedding, so I could see where the couples' shower would be valuable in learning who the hell these people are.  Damn, now I wish I'd had one!

I don't think anyone should give gifts at these showers though.  I think the host(s) should refuse to accept them, and people should refuse to give them, and maybe say on the invitation that if someone would like to give, they can donate to such-and-such charity anonymously.  Otherwise, it becomes a tacky cash grab.  If someone gets married, they get one present--the wedding present--in exchange for a fantastic evening with great music, booze and food, in my little world anyway.  Like I posted in a previous episode's thread, staying married is a bigger deal to me than getting married.  I can also see a big, huge celebration if a wedding involves the uniting of titles and land, like in medieval times, or, like I said upthread, if you have Westcott money and you just want to throw a ton of parties, neither of which apply to Leanne (or 99.999% of the population).

When people, like Leanne and Kameron--and I agree, the television aspect skews it terribly--make it about pride and etiquette and a test for who gets an invitation and gifts and one-upmanship--it becomes dreadful.  And, I'm sorry, but I've never heard of a lingerie shower, or a "lingerie," as these women put it.  What in the world is the point of that?  

(As an aside, did Tiffany really say that getting married is a bonus, because it means no more blowjobs?  Say what?  Isn't that entrapment?  Or at least bait-and-switch?  To blow your boyfriend, so he puts a ring on it, blow your fiancé so that he marries you, and then...stop blowing him?  Isn't he going to assess the situation at some point and want a refund?  What if men were going around high-fiving each other that they no longer had to...take the A train downtown?  I'd think they were immature and conniving).

I can sympathize with Brandi and Stephanie if they became weary of the whole thing, but once again, know that in advance and don't RSVP yes.  Many months ago, my husband and I got a save-the-date for a local wedding from a couple I have no reason to dislike, and I immediately told him, "oh, I'm not going to that.  You can go.  I'm not going."  I just didn't want to.  Know thyself.  "No" is a complete sentence.  Even though Brandi and Stephanie have the trash complex, these women are much more sophisticated than I am about social events, so if I can figure it out, so can they?

Y'all, I don't mean to sound heated.  I just see so many social faux pas (faux passes?) on these shows that can be avoided, that I feel like I'm watching that horror movie where I'm screaming, "don't go up the stairs!  The woman who is going to one-up you about her terrible childhood is coming after you with a chain saw!  The woman who is going to sell a bill of goods about her business is waiting at the top of the stairs with a sledgehammer!  The women who are going to make a federal case over one word are setting the house on fire--get out!!!"  But without the drama and the bullshit, we wouldn't have a show, so I guess I just have to say the Lord's Prayer before I watch lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, princelina said:

I'm not sure why the husband looks bad here - he has his military pension and photography business; he lives in his wife's house because that's where she wants to live and is trying to give her support/advice about "her" business.  He'd probably be just as fine living down the street from LeeAnne and Rich.

He looks bad only because his lovely wife D'Andra made him look bad. She flat out said that her husband contributes nothing monetarily to the household, it's all on her.  I would think her husband wouldn't be too happy about that comment, if it's not true. She wanted to make herself look like she has such a burden in life,  at the expense of her husbands reputation, no less, because mommy won't fork over more money to the princess.  She's a real piece of work. D'Andra and Dee are both horrible people. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13