Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Guess Who's Coming to Happy Hour?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

As someone who felt like a stranger at my own wedding and rehearsal, I think different showers for different groups of people is a good idea as long as the intentions are right--people getting to know each other and enjoying a moment.  Same for a couples' shower.  I could see that, with the spin you put on it.  Especially given the fact that people in the '50s and '60s tended to stay married when they got married. I felt very strange having to cozy up to my husband's friends' girlfriends--women I couldn't pick out of a line-up of one--at my own wedding, so I could see where the couples' shower would be valuable in learning who the hell these people are.  Damn, now I wish I'd had one!

I don't think anyone should give gifts at these showers though.  I think the host(s) should refuse to accept them, and people should refuse to give them, and maybe say on the invitation that if someone would like to give, they can donate to such-and-such charity anonymously.  Otherwise, it becomes a tacky cash grab.  If someone gets married, they get one present--the wedding present--in exchange for a fantastic evening with great music, booze and food, in my little world anyway.  Like I posted in a previous episode's thread, staying married is a bigger deal to me than getting married.  I can also see a big, huge celebration if a wedding involves the uniting of titles and land, like in medieval times, or, like I said upthread, if you have Westcott money and you just want to throw a ton of parties, neither of which apply to Leanne (or 99.999% of the population).

When people, like Leanne and Kameron--and I agree, the television aspect skews it terribly--make it about pride and etiquette and a test for who gets an invitation and gifts and one-upmanship--it becomes dreadful.  And, I'm sorry, but I've never heard of a lingerie shower, or a "lingerie," as these women put it.  What in the world is the point of that?  

Well the other thing about showers (back in the day) were to gift the bride with things she would need once she moved out of her parents' house and started having sex.  So you might have a kitchen shower, or a lingerie shower (for the honeymoon!) or a gardening shower, etc.  Nowadays women have their own homes and their own stuff and if they're not living with the man already then he has is own home and stuff too!  So it does seem more like a money grab.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

He looks bad only because his lovely wife D'Andra made him look bad. She flat out said that her husband contributes nothing monetarily to the household, it's all on her.  I would think her husband wouldn't be too happy about that comment, if it's not true. She wanted to make herself look like she has such a burden in life,  at the expense of her husbands reputation, no less, because mommy won't fork over more money to the princess.  She's a real piece of work. D'Andra and Dee are both horrible people. 

D'Andra tries to make her mom look bad, her husband, his son, her best friend and best friend's fiancé - why does anyone associate with her at all?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 10/24/2019 at 6:43 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I just have a really hard time believing that the Redmond’s son is not related biologically to Bryan. The resemblance is uncanny. 

In the previews Brandi mentions that their baby’s bio mom is pregnant again, and giving it up for adoption....🧐

I am going with surrogacy

• Love 8

Oh god Kameron is so awful, blowing things incredibly out of proportion. It’s fine to be annoyed at Stephanie and Brandi for canceling at the last minute. But good god, get over it. It’s not that big of a deal. For any event, there are bound to be last minute cancellations. It doesn’t make it okay to cancel last minute but it happens. I’m glad Stephanie is done with her.  

I’m neither team Dee or D’Andra but it is not a good look to have no savings when you have been getting lots of money your whole life. I didn’t mind her I can’t live off $60,000 comment - I thought she was mostly joking. I mean we don’t watch this show for down to earth-ness, right?? 😂 

I thought Travis’ gift was funny and thoughtful really! That sucks about his dad. That must be a very stressful relationship. 

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 4
On 10/24/2019 at 1:37 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

...kam is such a bitch ..... I hate Kam

I´m joining the Kamhate club, but I just want to say that she is one of those rare types that is fun to hate. She´s always in character, totally from the heart. And the way she continues to make excuses for Leeann while judging and belittling the other women is hilarious. She has no self awareness about anything she does. Going after Stephanie like that of all people, for no reason? She thinks there are people out there who see her side lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
On 10/24/2019 at 2:44 PM, Sarah Heart said:

I agree, it's just nasty rumors.

I'm fed up with Leanne  and her parties, Kam is lucky to have Courts money. He bores me as well, short ass.

I love seeing Stephanie  and Travis together   what a cute couple, and I loved his gift. Move on Kam, Stephanie  has had her fill of you, goodbye Kam.lol

D' andras mother is a bitch. 

Not to mention, it turned dog poop pink, and nobody liked that.

Pink poop could be handy in the fall......

Because otherwise it blends in too well with the leaves on the ground.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Pink poop could be handy in the fall......

Because otherwise it blends in too well with the leaves on the ground.

!!!

One more win for the unbeatable Kameron Wescott!  All she was trying to do was make the world a better place. By improving dog poop. So much ingratitude, amirite!?

(Also, shame about the no-sparkles situation, because sparkles would really catch the light at dusk and dawn.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, halkatla said:

I´m joining the Kamhate club, but I just want to say that she is one of those rare types that is fun to hate. She´s always in character, totally from the heart. And the way she continues to make excuses for Leeann while judging and belittling the other women is hilarious. She has no self awareness about anything she does. Going after Stephanie like that of all people, for no reason? She thinks there are people out there who see her side lol.

Bless her heart.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 3

One more win for the unbeatable Kameron Wescott!  All she was trying to do was make the world a better place. By improving dog poop. So much ingratitude, amirite!?

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

She's right of course: her instincts are always on point.  She knew that the world needed a food that would make dog poop pink and sparkly.  "The man" (and I assume veterinarians and maybe the FDA) tried to stop her, but I know she'll be back once she figures it out. 

She also knew that nothing prevents bs conversations at lunch like having guests separated by a three foot candelabra. Hats off to her on that.

• LOL 6

Pink dog food that turns your dog's shit pink, too, is such a good idea on so many levels.  I would add that if your dog's dumps are already pink because there's blood in them, this will camouflage that so you don't know your dog is sick till it's too late and it dies.  Always a strong selling point.

• Love 3

She's right of course: her instincts are always on point.  She knew that the world needed a food that would make dog poop pink and sparkly.  "The man" (and I assume veterinarians and maybe the FDA) tried to stop her, but I know she'll be back once she figures it out. 

She also knew that nothing prevents bs conversations at lunch like having guests separated by a three foot candelabra. Hats off to her on that.

tumblr_inline_op5cnh1N5n1qais6x_540.gif

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 1
On 10/24/2019 at 2:21 PM, Jel said:

Kameron misconstrues a lot. That's part of her charm/ or part of the laughable/mockable/eye rolly entertainment she brings to the show, depending on how you view her.

Remember when she was absolutely outraged because she thought Stephanie had said Kameron would "bash a baby"? Or the time she thought someone had insulted her mother in law and she got super pissy and stormed off, when the person wasn't insulting her mother in law at all.

I just find that stuff endlessly entertaining and so much more fun and palatable than the debauchery and duplicity we are subjected to from the other franchises (hey OC and BH).

She tried to create a line of pink dog food with sparkles, and then in her serious business investigations, discovered later that sparkles aren't actually food or even edible. 

She baby talks about being a living Barbie doll, like that's a good thing.

She cannot successfully segment an apple, even with a tool that is specifically designed for segmenting apples.

I could go on and on.

I seriously don't get how everyone doesn't just love her, 

To me, she's the absolute GOAT. And greatest there ever will be.

I don't mind when she is the clueless airhead in terms of her own life.

However, her emotional stupidity regarding Stephanie's reasonably stating that they weren't emotionally close friends versus insulting her by stating she was "superficial" is tedious because it has become a major boring plot point. I CANNOT STAND when one of these woman deliberately or stupidly completely misunderstands something and then the farce grinds on and on and on.

I would much prefer her being an airhead and admiring her perfect Barbie pink ensembles and otherwise watch her dithering around like a perfect imbecile.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, amarante said:

I don't mind when she is the clueless airhead in terms of her own life.

However, her emotional stupidity regarding Stephanie's reasonably stating that they weren't emotionally close friends versus insulting her by stating she was "superficial" is tedious because it has become a major boring plot point. I CANNOT STAND when one of these woman deliberately or stupidly completely misunderstands something and then the farce grinds on and on and on.

I would much prefer her being an airhead and admiring her perfect Barbie pink ensembles and otherwise watch her dithering around like a perfect imbecile.

I hear you, but for me, and when it comes to Kam, I can stand it!

To be honest, I wasn't really following because I sometimes only half watch.  I got the impression that the bottom line issue was Kam thought she and Stephanie had forged a genuine friendship, and then she found out that Stephanie saw it as merely a friendly acquaintanceship.  And Kam's feelers got hurt by that revelation. Stephanie then tried to tell Kam all the reasons why it was only a friendly acquaintanceship, (basically a "here's why you aren't good enough to be a real friend, Kam") which further hurt Kameron's feelings.  (Was there more to it?) It seems to me that Kam is as entitled to her feelings as anyone else is to theirs. 

I think this is Stephanie's loss actually -- Kam is a fun and ride or die friend.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Jel said:

To be honest, I wasn't really following because I sometimes only half watch.  I got the impression that the bottom line issue was Kam thought she and Stephanie had forged a genuine friendship, and then she found out that Stephanie saw it as merely a friendly acquaintanceship.  And Kam's feelers got hurt by that revelation. Stephanie then tried to tell Kam all the reasons why it was only a friendly acquaintanceship, (basically a "here's why you aren't good enough to be a real friend, Kam") which further hurt Kameron's feelings.  (Was there more to it?) It seems to me that Kam is as entitled to her feelings as anyone else is to theirs. 

I think this is Stephanie's loss actually -- Kam is a fun and ride or die friend.

I understand the point you are making in terms of Kam feeling hurt that she wasn't a "close" friend of Stephanie's.

However, I stand by my original assessment that Kam lacks emotional intelligence as people who are truly in touch with how they are relating to people certainly understand the difference in the type of conversations one has with good "casual" friends versus soul mates. That Kam didn't understand that their friendship had none of the indicia of real friendship is what indicates her emotional stuntedness. Who on the forum doesn't recognize the kind of emotional honesty as well as honesty about what one's life is really like/how one is doing with that one has with true friends versus casual friends one "does things with".

I think Brandi is pretty much of an idiot (not TRASH though LOL) but I do believe that she and Stephanie actually have a real friendship and off the camera they do have emotionally honest conversations versus just seeing each other at events in terms of being friends of convenience. 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, amarante said:

I understand the point you are making in terms of Kam feeling hurt that she wasn't a "close" friend of Stephanie's.

However, I stand by my original assessment that Kam lacks emotional intelligence as people who are truly in touch with how they are relating to people certainly understand the difference in the type of conversations one has with good "casual" friends versus soul mates. That Kam didn't understand that their friendship had none of the indicia of real friendship is what indicates her emotional stuntedness. Who on the forum doesn't recognize the kind of emotional honesty as well as honesty about what one's life is really like/how one is doing with that one has with true friends versus casual friends one "does things with".

I think Brandi is pretty much of an idiot (not TRASH though LOL) but I do believe that she and Stephanie actually have a real friendship and off the camera they do have emotionally honest conversations versus just seeing each other at events in terms of being friends of convenience. 

I just rewatched that scene, and i think Kam made good sense. She was upset that "her friend" Stephanie didn't say something to Brandi when Brandi stood up, pointed her finger in her face and said "fucking Kameron". Instead of addressing that,  Steph redirected and said people always assume she and Brandi are together on things. (She did later address it, but in a TH and said had kam waited 10 minutes and not called Brandi "trash" she would have said something. Sure, Jan.  Btw, she didn't call Brandi trash, she said her behavior was trash. Big difference. So this episode it's Steph and Brandi in the role of misconstruing Kam Wescott.

It may be true that Kam is emotionally stunted (I don't know, I can't tell, but let's assume she is...what's that got to do with Stephanie's non-reaction to Brandi (Kam's point) or Kam's hurt feelings? Stephanie was essentially saying, you thought we were close. I'm here to tell you we're not.  Emotionally stunted or not, that's gotta hurt. 

I'm not sold on Saint Stephanie. I think she's less of a "sweetheart" than others do I guess.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jel said:

She was upset that "her friend" Stephanie didn't say something to Brandi when Brandi stood up, pointed her finger in her face and said "fucking Kameron". Instead of addressing that,  Steph redirected and said people always assume she and Brandi are together on things. (She did later address it, but in a TH and said had kam waited 10 minutes and not called Brandi "trash" she would have said something. Sure, Jan.  Btw, she didn't call Brandi trash, she said her behavior was trash. Big difference. So this episode it's Steph and Brandi in the role of misconstruing Kam Wescott.

When Brandi yelled at Kameron before Kam threw a napkin in her face Brandi was defending herself and Stephanie for the umpteenth time saying that they closed themselves off from everyone pointing out correctly that they weren’t doing it but LeeAnne and Kam were and Kam refused to acknowledge that she was wrong and Brandi and Stephanie had no problem with splitting up. Also, ten minutes did not pass between when Brandi yelled at her, Kam immediately got up and threw a napkin at her. Stephanie also did go check on Kam at that point not Brandi. When two friends fight a third person is going to probably have to choose sides but given that Brandi and Stephanie have been best friends for years and Kam was also criticizing Stephanie in the fight Kam expecting her to defend her is weird. None of the other women went after Brandi either and she didn’t criticize them.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Jel said:

I thought Stephanie said "I would like for us to have more than a surface friendship - which could have been taken positively by Kam, but instead she decided to obsess about the fact that they weren't as close as she thought they were.  Based on the scene she recalled of them making small talk at the gym.

Just curious - I'm not trying to be snarky here, but what makes you think Kam is a fun friend?  (I couldn't stand being around her because of the constant baby talk, but if I put that aside I still don't see what's fun about her.)

• Love 10
14 hours ago, halkatla said:

She is fun to hate. She's not crazy and malicious like Leanne, who I just hate, but self absorbed and clueless. So out of touch with reality. I find her gorgeous though. She looks a lot like Nicole Kidman as a pelican, if she'd only stop sneering. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, princelina said:

I thought Stephanie said "I would like for us to have more than a surface friendship - which could have been taken positively by Kam, but instead she decided to obsess about the fact that they weren't as close as she thought they were.  Based on the scene she recalled of them making small talk at the gym.

Just curious - I'm not trying to be snarky here, but what makes you think Kam is a fun friend?  (I couldn't stand being around her because of the constant baby talk, but if I put that aside I still don't see what's fun about her.)

Two words: dog stroller. 

Seriously tho, Kam is like one of those optical illusion posters. Some people see it right away, some take a while and then see it, and some just never see it at all.  Shrug.

And much like the optical illusion poster, if you try too hard, (that is, if you take her too seriously) you definitely won't see it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'd like to say she was trying to steal Stephanie as a friend away from Brandi as part of some grand master plan to try and isolate Brandi from the group, but...this is Kam. A devious, Machiavellian, secret member of Mensa she ain't.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Kam looks like a Dr Seuss Who person to me. The talking head with the up do,  come on, tell my thatvisnt Cindy Who all grown up. 

She is exhausting and  like a dog with a bone. I dont think she is used to being told no.

• Love 5

Kameron seems like one of the most high maintenance friends out of all of them. She is chill and nonjudgmental with LeeAnne, but for whatever reason she's not as laidbadk with some of the others.  With the fib about the baby to keep it all a surprise last year, there was no reason for her to make it about herself, and then get even more furious when she was called out for making it about herself. And then she keeps overreacting to Stephanie again this year. There are times I see her side. There was definite overreaction to "trash," and Brandi's behavior was trashy imo. But overall Kameron seems like one of the most high maintenance friends. 

I get why viewers enjoy her because women like her are kind of what the show has always been about-over the top, pretty rich women the average gal can't relate to and vice versa. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I'd like to say she was trying to steal Stephanie as a friend away from Brandi as part of some grand master plan to try and isolate Brandi from the group, but...this is Kam. A devious, Machiavellian, secret member of Mensa she ain't.

And even if it was her devious master plan, let's face it, much like her plan to core an apple, or hire a string quartet, it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Stephanie and Brandi are best friends they have been best friends years before this show came around and have a long shared history... Kam thinks that she should have the same “bond” with Stephanie with out the work. That’s not how that happens. It used to be Brandi as the target of her insane hate but now that she has realized that she will never break Stephanie and Brandi apart and she can’t usurp that friendship it’s shifted to attacking Stephanie. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see kam switch gears and be nicer to Brandi to try to get at Stephanie that way. I mean honestly if someone was attacking her best friend and baby bashing her (I would never bash baby’s lol sorry I had to throw that in there lol) would she be so eager to become besties with them? But even with that Stephanie was trying to be the bigger person and still be kind to Kam. Kam and her last name are used to everyone falling all over themselves for her and “acting” like she’s the best. Stephanie and Brandi don’t do that. She’s a very insecure woman who must feel like she’s the best at all times and must be the queen Bee. She would be exhausting to be around because you would always have to be on “her side” or you’re shit. That’s not how friendship work. You build friendship over time. And you don’t always agree with your friends and you let them know. That doesn’t mean you aren’t friends it means you love them enough to be honest. But again attacking someone’s oldest friend like it’s no big deal and wanting Stephanie to go along with it and back her upsets anything they have built back. If kam wasn’t so hypocritical and applied the same standard to all people and not just Brandi then maybe Stephanie would back her up more. But all kam has shown is that she has one set of rules for the girls and a completely different ridiculous set for the red headed cheerleader.  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But all kam has shown is that she has one set of rules for the girls and a completely different ridiculous set for the red headed cheerleader.  

And herself, she claims to be friends with Kary yet she didn’t say a peep when LeeAnne was cursing at and getting in Kary’s face, she didn’t tell LeeAnne to calm down and not do that. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Jel said:

Two words: dog stroller. 

Seriously tho, Kam is like one of those optical illusion posters. Some people see it right away, some take a while and then see it, and some just never see it at all.  Shrug.

And much like the optical illusion poster, if you try too hard, (that is, if you take her too seriously) you definitely won't see it.  

I don't take her seriously, she just bugs me (as do people who treat pets like people 😄). But I confess I was never able to see in those optical illusion posters!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, princelina said:

I don't take her seriously, she just bugs me (as do people who treat pets like people 😄). But I confess I was never able to see in those optical illusion posters!

Okay, Princelina, that's just more Kam for me then 😉 

But, if you one day notice you do see it, you're welcome at our meetings -- we have candy floss and cupcakes.

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, Jel said:

Okay, Princelina, that's just more Kam for me then 😉 

But, if you one day notice you do see it, you're welcome at our meetings -- we have candy floss and cupcakes.

But if it’s a Kam or Jimmy organized party you won’t be able to look each other in the eye.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

D’Andrea is a pretty woman, but on WWHL, yowza!😲

I’m not sure if the look she was going for was J.Lo, but she came off more like Priscilla Presley wearing one of Elvis’ costumes in 1972. Geez.  She’s always too much with her make up and outfits.

Funniest part of the night was Andy C introducing Jeremy, who was in the audience, by calling him Rich!  Jeremy turned beet red.  Too funny.  Andy can really step in it sometimes. 😎

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

D'Andra looks really good in the TH with the split-top white dress.  

Releasing balloons is unnecessary and terrible for the environment. 

Mama Dee is awful.

But it's hard to feel any sympathy for D'Andra. 

Cam's husband is a human pocket square. 

• Love 3