Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Guess Who's Coming to Happy Hour?

• Start Topic

Brandi hosts a funeral for a beloved Redmond; Mama Dee refuses to help D'Andra with the failing business; two of the ladies back out of Kameron's couples shower for LeeAnne; Kameron crashes Kary's girls night with other uninvited guests in tow.

Airs October 23, 2019.

33 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Is Dee a self made woman or is she “husband made”.

Even if she is husband made......her daughter was free to do the same. 

Actually, D’Andra was brought up to marry wealthy. 

Have we actually ever heard D’Andra ask the husband for money.....for them to do the business together.....for them to ask the bank for a loan together, etc....??

Texas is a community property state.

He can pull his weight with D’Andra’s business.....since, it is also his.

How come hubby does not work????

Daddy did not leave you any money......well, she gets $5,000 a month!........bc, you are 50 & you should have your money square away!

Is this shit a fake storyline......???

Because, it is starting to stink......like Ceasar’s chocolate panties! 💔

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I had to laugh at Brandy’s talking head when she refers to Leeanne lying 70% of the time and telling the truth 30% of the time. One of my (many) pet peeves with Leanne is her Response when somebody responds incredulously to a statement she has made  with “100%!” “200%!” To me, it begs the question how valid is most of what she says? 60% on average? Or maybe just 45%;...

Leanne is going to milk this pseudo friendship with Kam for all it is worth, not just financially, but for Kam’s continued défense of Leanne’s indefensible behaviour. And Kam, despite what she thinks, is extraordinarily ill mannered and completely lacking in etiquette except for very superficially.

• Love 21

That couples shower was so over-decorated, it made my head spin.  Waaaaay too many table candelabras, you couldn't even see the guests.  Guests should be able to chat with those sitting across from them, not staring into some blinding blinged out metallic monstrosity.  Plus, one big long rectangular table does not lend itself to conversation.  

You know, events companies make tall skinny table candles and decor for a reason:  so you can view the guests, not stare into globs of glass and metal.

Mommy Jimmy:  Fail.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 22

Also - I thought the couples shower kind of sucked.  Not just the overdone decor (and paying extra for those ugly chairs?  Dumb move, "Jimmy".)  But mostly because it didn't seem like much fun - an elegant luncheon shower is something some ladies like, or at least understand they have to sit through.  IMO a couples shower should be more relaxed and something the guys would enjoy.

• Love 12

Kameron is so exhausting to watch, I couldn’t imagine being her friend. Something makes me think she only has “surface” friends in real life anyways. If someone was publicly scolding me in a child's voice while pouting their lips like a trout, I would laugh in her face, and then throw my champagne in it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Batwings said:

Kameron is so exhausting to watch, I couldn’t imagine being her friend. Something makes me think she only has “surface” friends in real life anyways. If someone was publicly scolding me in a child's voice while pouting their lips like a trout, I would laugh in her face, and then throw my champagne in it. 

Cheers to that!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

Guests should be able to chat with those sitting across from them, not staring into some blinding blinged out metallic monstrosity.  

Seriously Cary having to contort her body to be able to see LeeAnne and Kam was ridiculous, that’s just poor design. 

• Love 10

I'm convinced that the Dee/D'Andra/business storyline is 100% fake.  D'Andra says that she wasn't "allowed" to look at the business's books by (step)father and Dee ever prior to taking over the company.  If she wasn't allowed to look at the books when she accepted the company, that is on D'Andra for being stupid by accepting it sight-unseen.  However, she's previously said she's friends with the company accountant (who has appeared on the show) and lamented having to let the accountant go.  Wouldn't a friend in the know at least say, "Hey, maybe you should look at these financial reports" or something before D'Andra accepted ownership?  And, if the company is in such a dire financial situation back in April, how is it still selling products today?  At least both companies' sites are accepting orders.  (I'm not gonna actually order something from these fools just to see if it shows up, however.) 

I'm also not buying how broke D'Andra is.  First, this is her third season on Bravo, so she's easily making over $100K for this show.  She's got $60K coming in from the trust.  Jeremy is a retired Army officer (IIRC), so he's getting something (even if he has to pay something to his ex wife for alimony or child support if they have any minors at home still). Hell, he might even earn some cash for his photojournalism business, if it extends beyond her weird personal promo shots for the show. Her mom owns her house, and probably bought the cars (though they could be part of the company's expenses).  On WWHL, she tried to spin that the $60K from the trust was meant to run the companies--but that makes no sense because she's been getting that money well before she got control AND she still takes a salary. The woman is plainly not broke. She also should have savings from all those years working prior to moving back to Dallas.  Thus, I think the story is completely fake, or, if any of it is real, it shows she's dumber than the box out of which her hair came.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Batwings said:

I have never once see her have a conversation of any depth. Not with her husband, LeeAnn....no one. It's not just Stephanie. I really don't think she's capable.

31 minutes ago, Jel said:

Dee admitted that she gave the company to D'Andra when it was not in great shape; but I said that the company would end up that way under D'Andra's control no matter what shape it was in. It would just have taken a little longer to fail.

Exactly. D'andra is a spoiled brat who wanted the company because she felt entitled to it. Living off its success her entire life wasn't enough, she had to have some sort of important title as well. But she's no businesswoman. I keep coming back to - why didn't she know how badly the business is doing? She didn't seem to know shit about any of it - how much the rent was, when the lease was up, etc. She didn't bother to look into any of that before grabbing at the "empire". She's also stubborn as hell and won't consider any of the sensible options other people have pointed out - not taking a salary, bring on an investor, just selling. I think she deserves everything she gets.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Is Dee a self made woman or is she “husband made”.

Husband. But, I will give her a half point because in her day, grabbing and keeping a rich, enabling husband was a full-time job. 

She is the type of person who drives me insane though because I guarantee you she thinks a single mom slugging it out on 36 hours a week Walmart will give her (so they don't have to pay benefits) should just get better bootstraps and work harder because Dee's tax dollars shouldn't go to helping losers.

• Love 12

I just have a really hard time believing that the Redmond’s son is not related biologically to Bryan. The resemblance is uncanny. 

In the previews Brandi mentions that their baby’s bio mom is pregnant again, and giving it up for adoption....🧐

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I just have a really hard time believing that the Redmond’s son is not related biologically to Bryan. The resemblance is uncanny. 

In the previews Brandi mentions that their baby’s bio mom is pregnant again, and giving it up for adoption....🧐

I can't buy any of the "cheating husband had baby with mistress" stories. But an Adriene Maloof-style, secret surrogate one, maybe!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Jel said:

And I pointed out that D'Andra gets a "small stipend" of $5,000 per month from her family trust.

PLUS whatever salary she get/got from the company. Since she called $5,000 a month a "small stipend" I feel safe in assuming that her salary was a lot more, but for the sake of argument let's say it's "only" 60K a year she got paid.

PLUS whatever chump change she gets from Bravo, let's call that a paltry $5,000 a month as well. 

So, at the very, very least, D'Andra is bringing in $180,000 a year, and living in a house she does not own (the trust does, so no mortgage payment or taxes?). And somehow, at 50 years old, she can't run her life on that.   She cannot manage money. 

Business-wise, she only moved the business ops into her home when Travis pointed out that she was nuts to be paying 7or 8 K a month for office space.  That was apparently a big revelation to D'Andra. Also, didn't she say they lost a lot of customers when they stopped advertising on Christian tv? She has no business sense.

Snipped for space only.

THIS right here is what I don't understand.  Once we get to the nitty gritty about D'andra's finances it's a bunch of bullshit!  No house payment, a "small" stipend (for doing nothing), a salary (that she had to cut; but how much?) and a bravo paycheck.  And that's not enough to live on?  Give me a break.

The husband (sorry, blanking on his name) makes NO money at all?  He live a pretty nice life for not bringing in a paycheck.  He can't get a job with some sort of salary while taking pictures on the side?

• Love 17

Kary surprised me by opening up a bit. Her name is not on anything that she and her husband share. Everything is owned by the trust. She stated that for years she’s been trying to have something “in case”. So all those beautiful trappings are just that...trappings. She knows if there’s a divorce she’s out with nothing to show for her years except maybe child support and/or alimony. I wonder what her prenup says. I hope she got a good lawyer to read it before she signed it because it all sounds very one sided. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

It is not his biological kid .... lol if it were true that woman would be all over the blogs and everywhere trying to make that money from it....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Jel said:

I can't buy any of the "cheating husband had baby with mistress" stories. But an Adriene Maloof-style, secret surrogate one, maybe!

Thank you .. in this day and age its just not possible esp with how easy it is to make money off shit like that ..... why would she give the child up she could have had a meal ticket for 18 years instead of giving him the baby if he cheated and the baby was his....woman who do shit like that wouldn't pass up 18 years of guaranteed money from a super wealthy man .....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Thank you .. in this day and age its just not possible esp with how easy it is to make money off shit like that ..... why would she give the child up she could have had a meal ticket for 18 years instead of giving him the baby .....

Right. And then do it again! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Brandi is waiting to find out how impregnated her this time.....to see if the baby fits in with her family! 🤣

I'm shocked no one has mentioned that the couples shower and the happy hour were so very clearly NOT on the same day, as stated.  It was pouring at the couples shower, and it's a bright sunny day at happy hour with not a drop of water on the street?  Yeah, I don't think so...

I'm at the point where I miss Cary Dueber.  (And I used to hate her!)  

You can tell LeeAnne is just a personality for this show now, as is Brandi and D'Andra.  There is a big difference between LeeAnne season 1 and now.  She's reviewed things, made notes, changed tactics, and adjusted her personality to be a bigger show.  

• Love 6

Then, maybe one day we'd have  mishap, where I;d say something like I had a Jimmy Dean for breakfast and it was gross. Then Kam would stand up from the table, take her purse in hand and declare that she will not sit here and allow me to call her mother in law gross. Then I;d say, no the, the sausage sandwich, then Kameron would point her finger in my face and say, "How dare you call her a sausage!" And storm off.

This is funny because I could actually see it happening for real.

The only thing missing would be her saying she felt

giphy.gif

And that

tenor.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I have never once see her have a conversation of any depth. Not with her husband, LeeAnn....no one. It's not just Stephanie. I really don't think she's capable.

I wonder if she knows that and it’s why she reacted so strongly to what Stephanie said about surface level friendship. I’m not sure if Kameron’s capable of having conversations of any depth, but her portrayal on the show does give girlie girl types a bad name. I’m like her where I like for everything to be pretty and pink. But you can be that way and still have substance. Lisa Vanderpump on BH fits the description. Kameron seems off in her own Barbie world.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8