Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E33: Love the Way You Lie

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Ugh, these people are disgusting.

Glorietta has the intellect and mindset of a 12-year-old girl, with her stupid babyish voice and her wedding book. She reminds me of how I used to be aged 12, when I'd dream that one day I'd marry Donny Osmond and I would practise writing "Mrs Essexjan Osmond" over and over again in the margins of my school notebooks. Well guess what? I didn't marry Donny fucking Osmond and become a Mormon, and you're not going to marry Alex and have Muslim kids.

Amber I am already over. Vince, the girl just isn't looking for the D, so give it up. And whatever con you, Amber and Puppy thought up before they got out, it's not going to pay off (at least not for you, anyway).

I keep waiting for Angela to break into "I Was Born Under A Wanderin' Star", her voice is so gravelly. I can imagine the phlegm-hawking cough every morning.  She has a nice man (her friend whose name I forget) wanting to marry her (Why??!!), yet she's chasing after this charmless felon who has zero interest in her other than financial.

Cheryl is nuts, and not in a goofy, wacky way, but in a dangerous way. She's a C+I re-enactment show waiting to happen, where Josh ends up stabbed to death in his sleep. I seriously hope her family take action to protect her children.

Lacey makes me sick. She has absolutely no redeeming features. Is she meant to be 29? Yeah, right, nearer 39, I'd say. Oh, and the look on her dad's face when he realised his daughter is a whore who has no concern for anyone but herself.  As with Cheryl, I hope something is done to protect the children. And although Shane looked pleased with himself when he met her dad, I would guess that having sex with Lacey probably feels like throwing a hot dog down the Lincoln Tunnel, if you get my drift ...

OMG, I am crying with laughter over the bolded parts!!  

Well done.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I’ll bet Lacey’s dad was pissed off when he found out he had watched all 3 of her kids while she was off romancing a 21 y.o. felon. Watching kids is exhausting and her dad is no spring chicken. He sacrificed his time and energy because he thought she was doing something important: working!!!  

Now, I know he loves those kids, but she tricked him so she didn’t have to pay for a sitter so she could go have fun. 

• Love 9

Fair Warning:  Première and Long LAL Post (esp about Tony & Angela - and Tommy, too!) to follow.

By all that’s holy, I know some ppl are slow learners, but the Snaggletoothasaurus makes up in sheer, batsh*t, determined tenacity and self-confidence what she lacks in self-awareness and ability to pick up social cues.

Angela Honey, Tony had his runners on from the get-go. All the “age-defying” make-up in the world cldnt soften and smooth that leather, (47?  Really?) nor turn and tuck in that tooth that looks as eager to leave as Tony.  And... the cracks in those desert-parched lips are too deep for Chapstick. It’s too waxy. Go for some Carmex. Regularly. Tony turned down that just-out hummer well within 0.00024 secs with half a glance at the eager sandpaper awaiting his p*cker with that “Church Key” tooth menacingly peeking out.

When a man turns down a hummer after deprivation of prison over food, it’s a message.  It’s usually all they can think/talk about. In this case, “gettin’ some” is all you can talk about, even with your faithful codependent Tommy trotting at your cracked feels, all too pathetically willing to be your Knight in Shining Vinyl Siding and pick up (the cracks and) pieces.

Angela appears to be too worldly (and world-worn) not to “get” the illusions of inmate-dating: “they” have all the time in the world, are bored, lonely and usually need commissary (etc) money.  The catfish (on the outside) are bored, lonely, don’t like (or don’t appeal to) what’s available in the “local pool”, have time and are willing to part with money.  It’s all Hallmark sappiness and Muzak lyrics that take on cosmic significance until “they” are “out” and have options... and ingrained bad habits.  

Angela even has a friend (or two) who “worked” some catfish while in prison themselves, candidly admitting stringing along pen pals for money, support, something to make time go by faster... Angela joked about being a “Sugar Mama”, but apparently sincerely believed she’s special enough to be that one-in-a-million exception.  The scene didn’t even end before Angela was shown weeping in wedding finery, even that Tony and she have yet to spend even a quarter of a day together (much less sex! Don’t forget that Angela has been denied sex!), as she’s informed on her cell that Tony’s (already) on the lam.

Just about Every Single “Catfish” on LAL is in a crazed foot race to the altar.  Every one of them cld smoke Usain Bolt at his finest, pass him like he was standing still. The parolees don’t even have a j-o-b and these catfish are at “Designer Bridal Gowns R Us” picking out the Dream Dress (apparently with a no-holds-barred budget).  If a parolee dropped to one knee just past the guard gate and the electrified fence it wldn’t be soon enough for some of these chicks.  (Glorietta and her “Bridal Book”, Heaven save us; all maniacal, helium-hyper giggles, nearly drooling with anticipation/demands, a disconcerting glimmer in her eyes and “jokes” that fall heavily and sound more like threats that could give even the hardest con on the yard some pause.  She puts out some serious Hannibal Lecter-Bridezilla vibes.)

Tony gave off every single “sign” aside from a literal neon one that flashed “NOT INTO YOU”. Angela simply refused to see it. His excuses were as transparent as a protesting kindergartener with cookie crumbs still around his mouth.  Tony even hoofed it, and she followed, Emotional Support Codependent in tow. (The Jury is still out on from whom Tony was fleeing “more”: the Law and the Rules of Parole and the Halfway House... or his  Snaggletoothasaurus “fiancée” in hot pursuit (double entendre applies) in the throes of some fierce menopausal libido, determined on her promised carnal carnival.  The ultimate “trick”: when the trick has already paid, and for years, and still gets nothing.  That’s even a notch above the tricks who pay for the fantasy and the no-touch lap dances in strip joints.

It’s a Folie à Trois. They easily surpass the Sarah-Michael-Meghan Trio because, Liar’s Gumbo that was, Michael was actually having sex with those two (willingly delusional) women.  Angela’s still clinging to stale air, faded notes and old promises. Tony’s just a bottom feeder; he’s not clever, handsome or interesting enough even to be a dashing villain or “anti-hero”. Angela’s a self-deluding masochist.  For all her brave talk; she constantly admits she showered him with monetary gifts, a car, a phone, “everything” and yet “they” still “didn’t have time” to have sex-sex-SEX (attention, all, does everyone realize poor Angela did NOT GET ANY SEX?!) Yet, she’s still in pursuit of the illusionary, while a sadist to Tommy - for she does enjoy his devotion and has him on speed dial to bring her up on the many occasions Tony predictably disappoints her - who’s gone on record that he loves her.  Tommy himself is a masochist for continuing to tag after Angela-pursuing-Tony, hoping to change her mind with his devotion.

Dizzy?  Me, too.  Yes, this is a long rant, but after two Seasons... the Tony-Angela (and Tommy) storyline has gone beyond the usual blown-up Barbie sex cam “star” and the tatted-up con, each thinking they’ve found Nirvana.  Post the leaving-the-prison scene, it’s “amazing” sexy-time until the whining, grating, you-promised-me-a-wedding, stop-stressing-me, resumption (or continuation) of all bad habits, children shuffled like cards, disapproving family/friends, etc sets in.  (Yeah, I cant stop watching these train wrecks, either. 😳)

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
53 minutes ago, Unsinn said:

Fair Warning:  Première and Long LAL Post (esp about Tony & Angela - and Tommy, too!) to follow.

By all that’s holy, I know some ppl are slow learners, but the Snaggletoothasaurus makes up in sheer, batsh*t, determined tenacity and self-confidence what she lacks in self-awareness and ability to pick up social cues.

Angela Honey, Tony had his runners on from the get-go. All the “age-defying” make-up in the world cldnt soften and smooth that leather, (47?  Really?) nor turn and tuck in that tooth that looks as eager to leave as Tony.  And... the cracks in those desert-parched lips are too deep for Chapstick. It’s too waxy. Go for some Carmex. Regularly. Tony turned down that just-out hummer well within 0.00024 secs with half a glance at the eager sandpaper awaiting his p*cker with that “Church Key” tooth menacingly peeking out.

When a man turns down a hummer after deprivation of prison over food, it’s a message.  It’s usually all they can think/talk about. In this case, “gettin’ some” is all you can talk about, even with your faithful codependent Tommy trotting at your cracked feels, all too pathetically willing to be your Knight in Shining Vinyl Siding and pick up (the cracks and) pieces.

Angela appears to be too worldly (and world-worn) not to “get” the illusions of inmate-dating: “they” have all the time in the world, are bored, lonely and usually need commissary (etc) money.  The catfish (on the outside) are bored, lonely, don’t like (or don’t appeal to) what’s available in the “local pool”, have time and are willing to part with money.  It’s all Hallmark sappiness and Muzak lyrics that take on cosmic significance until “they” are “out” and have options... and ingrained bad habits.  

Angela even has a friend (or two) who “worked” some catfish while in prison themselves, candidly admitting stringing along pen pals for money, support, something to make time go by faster... Angela joked about being a “Sugar Mama”, but apparently sincerely believed she’s special enough to be that one-in-a-million exception.  The scene didn’t even end before Angela was shown weeping in wedding finery, even that Tony and she have yet to spend even a quarter of a day together (much less sex! Don’t forget that Angela has been denied sex!), as she’s informed on her cell that Tony’s (already) on the lam.

Just about Every Single “Catfish” on LAL is in a crazed foot race to the altar.  Every one of them cld smoke Usain Bolt at his finest, pass him like he was standing still. The parolees don’t even have a j-o-b and these catfish are at “Designer Bridal Gowns R Us” picking out the Dream Dress (apparently with a no-holds-barred budget).  If a parolee dropped to one knee just past the guard gate and the electrified fence it wldn’t be soon enough for some of these chicks.  (Glorietta and her “Bridal Book”, Heaven save us; all maniacal, helium-hyper giggles, nearly drooling with anticipation/demands, a disconcerting glimmer in her eyes and “jokes” that fall heavily and sound more like threats that could give even the hardest con on the yard some pause.  She puts out some serious Hannibal Lecter-Bridezilla vibes.)

Tony gave off every single “sign” aside from a literal neon one that flashed “NOT INTO YOU”. Angela simply refused to see it. His excuses were as transparent as a protesting kindergartener with cookie crumbs still around his mouth.  Tony even hoofed it, and she followed, Emotional Support Codependent in tow. (The Jury is still out on from whom Tony was fleeing “more”: the Law and the Rules of Parole and the Halfway House... or his  Snaggletoothasaurus “fiancée” in hot pursuit (double entendre applies) in the throes of some fierce menopausal libido, determined on her promised carnal carnival.  The ultimate “trick”: when the trick has already paid, and for years, and still gets nothing.  That’s even a notch above the tricks who pay for the fantasy and the no-touch lap dances in strip joints.

It’s a Folie à Trois. They easily surpass the Sarah-Michael-Meghan Trio because, Liar’s Gumbo that was, Michael was actually having sex with those two (willingly delusional) women.  Angela’s still clinging to stale air, faded notes and old promises. Tony’s just a bottom feeder; he’s not clever, handsome or interesting enough even to be a dashing villain or “anti-hero”. Angela’s a self-deluding masochist.  For all her brave talk; she constantly admits she showered him with monetary gifts, a car, a phone, “everything” and yet “they” still “didn’t have time” to have sex-sex-SEX (attention, all, does everyone realize poor Angela did NOT GET ANY SEX?!) Yet, she’s still in pursuit of the illusionary, while a sadist to Tommy - for she does enjoy his devotion and has him on speed dial to bring her up on the many occasions Tony predictably disappoints her - who’s gone on record that he loves her.  Tommy himself is a masochist for continuing to tag after Angela-pursuing-Tony, hoping to change her mind with his devotion.

Dizzy?  Me, too.  Yes, this is a long rant, but after two Seasons... the Tony-Angela (and Tommy) storyline has gone beyond the usual blown-up Barbie sex cam “star” and the tatted-up con, each thinking they’ve found Nirvana.  Post the leaving-the-prison scene, it’s “amazing” sexy-time until the whining, grating, you-promised-me-a-wedding, stop-stressing-me, resumption (or continuation) of all bad habits, children shuffled like cards, disapproving family/friends, etc sets in.  (Yeah, I cant stop watching these train wrecks, either. 😳)

Bravo!

And...how about when she came out of the jail saying in her gravelly voice, "Well, I tried to break up with Tony..."

Bitch, please.  "Tried"?  All you have to do is block whatever number he's calling you from and you'll never hear from him again.  

On another note, I don't believe for one second that dude she hangs out with is in love with her or romantically interested in her in the least.

I think he's a nice male friend she has filming with her so she has someone to talk to during her scenes...clearly Tony bounced once those halfway house doors hit him in the arse and now he's in jail, and she has to have some sort of filming partner.  

I will give props to Tony for avoiding ever having to give tomb-voiced Angela the hot beef injection once he got out.  Well done, Tony, well done! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Spike said:

Why would the prison turn over an inmate’s belongings to a random person?  I assume he stupidly agreed to it.

She was probably on his next-of-kin type of paperwork.

I watched this farce, and kept telling myself that it’s all staged, they are working from a script, otherwise we’ve got an entire group of morons out driving around and mixing with the public.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hercules! Funny story came to my mind after seeing that. Kevin Sorbo actually stepped on my toes while filming movie Kull the conqueror back in Slovakia. It was after I went through my interview for au pair in USA. Stupid me didn't realise that it will take almost a year to be actually placed in family so I quit my job. Nothing to do I went to agency looking for extras for a movie. Surprisingly I got a call. So I actually ended up in American movie somehow before I even went to America LOL You can actually see me in few scenes as I was chosen to perform a bit and not just stand there like other extras. I'm in the scene with the card reading and few more but that's the one you can really recognize me. Then year later after I came to USA I ended up on first page of Washington post Style section (even with my name under it) after me and the other aupairs went to Jenny McCarthy book signing. I barely knew who Kevin Sorbo and Jenny McCarthy were back then. I conquered two American media within a year LOL

About the show: how did Angela ended up with Tony's possessions? She is nobody to him. I'm thinking that was not real but produced...

Edited by ava111
Grammar
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

She was probably on his next-of-kin type of paperwork.

I watched this farce, and kept telling myself that it’s all staged, they are working from a script, otherwise we’ve got an entire group of morons out driving around and mixing with the public.

She probably was listed as his contact person.  I can't remember if she said the police had given her his shit or if the prison had, but I'm thinking it was the police (she already had all of his shit in her car when she left the visitation...I'd have to watch it again to be sure, and I'm just not sure my stroke-addled brain can fend off another round of this much stupid in an hour).

But, yes, @cooksdelight...frighteningly enough, these loons are out there sharing our oxygen.  That might be scarier than anything I've watched on ID Discovery.  😱

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:Bravo!Bravo! 

> Bravo! <

Thank you, thank you. 😊

> And...how about when she came out of the jail saying in her gravelly voice, "Well, I tried to break up with Tony..."

Bitch, please.  "Tried"?  All you have to do is block whatever number he's calling you from and you'll never hear from him again. <

Exactly.  Simple to do.  If he’s savvy enough to get a cell phone, whatever, you ring the jail and ever-so-sweetly (as much as one can with a voice like obsidian chipped in a canyon cave) request that Inmate Tony please stop contacting her. That’ll do it.  The COs will be delighted to help.

Let’s be serious. She can kick his belongings (rather half-heartedly) and throw a mini-tantrum, but everyone knows if Tony had offered her even a flash-through-glass she’d have melted quicker than the Wicked Witch of the West when hit by water.

As you note, try, my a**.  To quote Yoda, “there is no try. Only do.”  Angela is fiercely clinging (like Napalm SaranWrap) to a fantasy.  She got this ball rolling with the bait of a PhotoShopped picture.  A common act, a small sin... if you keep it very subtle.  As in, you’re still recognizable, today, not 30 years ago.  Lighten up teeth one tone (not five), tone skin a shade or shade and a half to combat the fish-belly white of winter... hell, you can do someone a massive favour simply by slightly whitening the sclera of their eyes.  Never shave more than 5-10 lbs (that gets ppl in more trouble than point-shaving). Yeah, it’s “all about angles”, but if you’re positioning the camera close to the Mir Space Station, it’s “false advertising” and you know it.

But in her first episode Angela copped to her and a friend altering her baited hook picture.  It was far past reality-flattering.  The sad thing is, if she’d have spent the money on herself and self-improvement instead of a Jail Wannabe Lothario, some of it was actually attainable.  She cld have easily gotten the snaggle tooth fixed, if she didn’t want to do Botox there’s a metric sh*t-ton of creams out there, etc.

It’s a sad, historical fact that Time is not kind to women.  Depending on the status of the man, few blink at the cultured, wealthy gentleman in his 50s, 60s and even older with a younger wife (not of the Anna Nicole vintage, bless her heart and RIP).  The same does not apply to women.  We can all argue about that, rail about the inequality and unfairness, even swear it’s not true... but History says otherwise.   Hugh Hefner may not, may never, have been a “distinguished gentleman” (or even much of a gentleman, period) but even if his life became a punch line, he was well insulated from it, surrounded by those still willing to compete to be on his A-List.

WeTV owes us all Hazardous Duty Pay for the horrifying (and actually cruel to all concerned, including Angela) close-ups of Angela’s leathery face, protruding tooth and claws as she went through his phone.

But I must note :

* Why were Tony’s belongings released to Angela?  She’s not a spouse, she’s not “next of kin”.  Of course, Tony cld lack the brain of an oyster and told them to give his stuff to Angela. (After all, she’s probably paid for most, or even all, of it).

* I’m guessing Oyster Brain was so unfamiliar with technology not to his phone password-protected, or (lazily) never changed it if Angela gave it to him pre-programmed.  This allowed her to access Oyster Brain’s messages and review his whining and pleading to someone with whom he was all too eager to have “sexy time”.

*  FYI, Folks, there are some women (yes, born XX) named “Michael”.  It’s anyone’s guess as to the gender of the person Oyster Brain was trying to reel in.  That he had, wanted and was actively seeking others was a given only Angela refused to see.  The cute young lady in the diner was the only one shown to have been immune to his (extremely questionable) charms.  The chick in the commercial-grade laundry room was of the same grade as Angela, and she was ready to throw down (though Angela was absolutely the aggressor, and over someone not “hers” at any rate) with a stranger.  Such must be the desperation.

Really, it’s sad.  Since Angela is allegedly (yeah, I know the reality) a Mental Health Professional (though, statistically, some of them have huge issues) she should recognize some things.

”Out in the world”, Angela cannot compete with all the “bright young things”, or whatever the equation is in her neck of the woods.  She’s not 20, she’s not 30. 40 and even 45 are in the rear-view mirror, if “only” by two years (so she says).  Online, with a literally “captive audience”, her cachet, aided and abetted by things some (many) might consider “deal-breakers” (felony convictions, criminal records, addiction issues, histories of violence, poor to low education/erudition levels, high level of visible tats to include on the neck and face, very low levels of non-criminal skills), the odds began to increase more in her favour.   Suddenly, as we the viewers have seen with other “Prison Couples” (see Clint) the average becomes “a goddess”, even a much-older woman becomes “a keeper”.

Oyster Brain that he is, he’s more of a “draw” in certain settings.  He at least has Youth on his “side”. Picture it: a smoky pool hall-bar.  People aren’t looking for Mr or Miss “Right”, they’re looking for Mr or Miss “Right Now” (there are some women who do believe they’ll find their The One in such settings, but that’s another subject).  Angela cannot change the fact that 40 is well in her past.  In comparison, there’s some nitwits, their eyes fogged with beer googles (et al) who might find Oyster Brain good enough company for the night.

> Note, I don't believe for one second that dude she hangs out with is in love with her or romantically interested in her in the least. 

I think he's a nice male friend she has filming with her so she has someone to talk to during her scenes...clearly Tony bounced once those halfway house doors hit him in the arse and now he's in jail, and she has to have some sort of filming partner.  <

Could be.  Some people ”need” implausibility or even impossibility to get their wheels spinning. The more remote or impossible a situation, the more they pursue it.  Angela is the flip side of the coin.  She pleads there’s no chemistry with Tommy.  Okay, fair enough, but she refuses to acknowledge the repeated and blatant “messages” that Tony understands that lack of chemistry thing all too well:  he feels none for her.

You make an excellent point that, given Tony’s immediate flight from Angela (and the WETv camera crews as well), this gives the crew little  to film, and little to propel “their” story aside from Angela’s fantasies (the wedding dress shopping, her assurances to friends that she absolutely knows/knew what she’s doing, knows both herself and Tony, etc) and her increasing upset and rage when Tony can’t be a**ed to fulfill even the basics of the “happily ever after” script.

Enter Tommy, the Central Casting-perfect Ride-or-Die BFF, Road Dog, complete with the not-so-secret long-standing crush (cite innumerable, and just as patently implausible, rom-coms).  Angela muses, Angela b*tches, Angela mopes and rages, as aside from the chat about Prison Catfishing and the Wedding Dress fiasco (that wld have been a whole new level of masochism, even for the preternaturally patient and understanding BFF-with-a-crush character), there’s Tommy, listening, offering a shoulder, ever her steadfast mainstay.

> I will give props to Tony for avoiding ever having to give tomb-voiced Angela the hot beef injection once he got out.  Well done, Tony, well done!

Angela absolutely played herself.  She got TKO’d by a flea-weight, oyster-brained felon.  I can’t applaud that. She’s absolutely foolish for having gotten involved, then involved so deeply (and financially, and it was shown that she was not swimming in money; Tony was part of her budget).  

There is a “tipping point” though, that’s the premise of this entire show: when hopes and fantasies become “realities”.  These women (and men) believe.  It’s when the fantasies start cringing and shriveling like vampires in the sunlight of Reality when the convicts Become parolees and (almost always) fail to become “more”/“better” than they ever were that propels the show... and how the “catfished” cling to their fantasies in the face of all else.  

Angela was, and most likely will continue, to be an absolute volunteer.  

This doesn’t make Tony Criss Angel, the great illusionist.  He didn’t even pull a huge con (like that slick and well-honed grifter Lissy, who never gave it up until she put that sad-sack old effer deep into debt).  All Tony has is the instinct of some of the smarter fish to recognize the inherent dangers of a too well-baited hook.  He nibbled what bait there was, but evaded the hook; Angela cldnt land him on the deck.  He ”got away”, though, he’s already “back in” and predictably wooing Angela... again.

He’s still a fish.  And that’s the problem.  Angela’s fishing in the wrong pond.  At (cough) 47, etc et al, Angela is not going to be a “draw” to some 30 year old, hard bodied, good looking young man looking to set up house, take long rides on a classic Harley, dangle off his muscled arm at all the local venues...  He’s going to look for someone his own age or younger. Prison pen pals allow women like Angela to indulge in the fantasies that “Age Doesn’t Matter”, “Love Conquers All”, people with long rap sheets can suddenly “see the Light” and change Life courses, that their  pairing is “So Special”, etc etc.  The vast majority of prisoners are not deep people.  There’s a reason they’re in prison. 

The paycheck from WETv certainly may help the sting of the demise of the fantasy for the “outside” pen pals. 

• Love 13

So Lacey puts it on Jon B all night lawwwwwng and it was amazing. Coincidentally, she drops the bomb right after. 

Glorietta isn't converting to Muslim... or Islam. I mean, they're not in Asam Arabia! 

Amber got Vince to sponsor her lesbian charades and still pretending Vince is the con. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Bitch, please.  "Tried"?  All you have to do is block whatever number he's calling you from and you'll never hear from him again.  

Plus, all the calls come in "you have a call from an inmate at blah blah blah..."  just hang up.  Not so difficult.

• Love 4

Do you think Shane put it together what a liar Lacy is when she said John was a possible father of Marlow - she said she just met John a year ago at the beach.  Dumbasses!

and her damn plump lip casts a shadow that looks like a mustache. 

Edited by Kroliosis
wrong names, I can keep the names of Lacey's prisoners straight.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kroliosis said:

Do you think Jon put it together what a liar Lacy is when she said Shane was a possible father of Marlow - she said she just met Shane a year ago at the beach.  Dumbasses!

I think she said John may be the father (rather than her ex husband).  Shane was upset because that meant John would remain embroiled in their lives as Marlow’s dad.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

So I fell asleep while watching this last night and haven't finished yet but I feel compelled to comment.

All of these fuckwits could use a therapist.  I would volunteer Angela, since she should have loads of free time on her hands now that Tony is back behind bars and likely has some chick named Michelle and possibly a motel laundry worker on the hook but Angela clearly needs her own therapist.   This show cannot be helping her business any when she obviously cannot get her own life in order.  The fact that Angela is a few years younger than me and yet looks 20 years older than me is disturbing and gratifying, all at the same time.

I don't fault Angela for leaving Tony's things in the parking lot but girl, at least go through the wallet and other items for cash.   And Tony didn't want to listen to you?  What were you saying to him?  

Watching the scene with Lacey and her dad (John?), I could just see his brain trying to process how he ended up with a daughter who has less intelligence than a blow-up doll.   And Shame (typo for Shane but it seems fitting), PLEASE don't further explain how you spent the night with Lacey to her dad!  Gross!  

Vince is dopey but he certainly had a point with Amber.  If she thought it was weird that he was using a fake name, why did she say yes to his proposal?  If she thought it was weird that someone proposes so quickly, why did she say yes?  I'm not buying the "everything was so negative in prison" b.s.  Yeah, no shit!  It was prison.  Prison is negative.  It's supposed to be.  You were being punished, Amber.

And I'd like to know exactly what kind of con Vince was allegedly pulling by hooking up with Amber.  Amber keeps mentioning, thanks to her muffin-topped friend Michelle, that Vince was going to get some kind of financial benefit by being with Amber.  Like what?   Is there some sort of inmate fostering program we're unaware of?    Vince needs to cut his losses, pack his bags and go back to Vegas.  Amber isn't into him, never will be and is looking for excuses to deny any physical contact while still keeping him on the hook and throwing her cash.  

Speaking of muffin-topped Michelle, I would die laughing if this Michelle was the same Michelle Tony was declaring his undying love to via the cell phone Angela bought him.  

Josh and Cheryl -- Jeebus, is Cheryl a stick in the mud.  Look, if she were just going to sit around and pout during the BBQ, why even go?  Of course Josh is going to want to see his family.  So either turn that frown upside down and act like a normal human or stay in your motel room with your shovels and your cast-iron frying pan.  Or, you know, drive back home and take care of your kids!  

So Glorietta is a devout Catholic . . . .until she's given a ring and then she folds on everything.  Oh well.  It likely won't matter because I think she and Alex have as much chance of making it as Angela and Tony.  

Most of these folks are still in the few days or so post-release.  I'd like to see how they are when they realize their felon is going to have a tough time finding employment.  I mean, the prison record is bad enough but for people like Alex and Daniel, with the God-awful face tattoos, they are removing themselves from the majority of employers.  

You've read my mind!  I so agree with your observations!

On another note, does anyone else feel like they need to take a blazing hot cleansing shower after watching this show?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

You've read my mind!  I so agree with your observations!

On another note, does anyone else feel like they need to take a blazing hot cleansing shower after watching this show?  

Or apply some Monistat?

• LOL 12
8 hours ago, essexjan said:

> Ugh, these people are disgusting. <

First of all, props EssexJan, your post is hysterically funny. 😆

> Glorietta has the intellect and mindset of a 12-year-old girl, with her stupid babyish voice and her wedding book. She reminds me of how I used to be aged 12, when I'd dream that one day I'd marry Donny Osmond and I would practise writing "Mrs Essexjan Osmond" over and over again in the margins of my school notebooks. Well guess what? I didn't marry Donny fucking Osmond and become a Mormon, and you're not going to marry Alex and have Muslim kids. < 

I actually find her rather frightening, as I posted in my première post.  She’s got that helium-maniacal laugh, the chattering giggle like a howler monkey on meth, with too-shiny eyes.  Oo-ee-oo, she’s a few chapters in the DSM-V.  

Even her “just joking” comments come off as barely-concealed threats, à la “give me the wedding of my dreams or I’ll cut you into little, tiny pieces and sauté you with garlic butter and minced onions, tee hee, just kidding, but seriously!  Which dress do you like in my Sparkly Unicorn Dream Wedding Planner?  No, not that one! It’s not even frilly!  Can’t you see that? You wouldn’t want me to gouge out your eyes with those Mr Peeper Glasses, now would you? Tee hee!”

And then there’s Alex, whose tats manage to make him look neither “hard” nor cool, but as if a little kid got loose with a Sharpie when he was unconscious.  Fails on the stonily-sincere statement that he’s a Muslim, when whatever righteousness he cld have claimed was Gone With the Tequila (even if he piously abstained from wine at dinner).  Perhaps silly Glorietta wldn’t be so d*ckmatized that she suddenly announced her willingness for “their” children to be Muslim if she knew that the girlfriend for whom he converted is still in the picture.

Alex obviously survived prison, but he might need to step lively around Glorietta. She might switch from planning a Dream Wedding to what she’d wear to court after stuffing him into a wood chipper, tee hee.

> Amber I am already over. Vince, the girl just isn't looking for the D, so give it up. And whatever con you, Amber and Puppy thought up before they got out, it's not going to pay off (at least not for you, anyway). < 

God above, could it be more obvious that Amber played Hercules-Vince for entertainment and cash, when she’s nearly announced in every episode that she’s partnered with “Puppy”? Even Puppy’s mother outed the two of them as “wives”, while Vince sat there being Vince: blank-eyed with his mouth hanging open (you can almost hear the Darth Vader breathing, albeit without any scary overtones, just mouth-breathing).

Vince is a special kind of dense. The more he tries to herd Amber into any show of affection, or even joint involvement in anything, the more she edges being blatant that she’s not romantically/ physically interested in men, and very specifically not interested in him

This is a clutch of catfishers at cross purposes, all playing one another, now all confused, their lines all knotted and all having lost the script.  They’re all clueless now, and somehow, Amber thinks she has the Moral High Ground that Vince wasn’t who/what he’d told her... while she appears to have had some side plans for happily-ever-after with Puppy (that of course didn’t include Darth Clueless.)

> I keep waiting for Angela to break into "I Was Born Under A Wanderin' Star", her voice is so gravelly. I can imagine the phlegm-hawking cough every morning.  She has a nice man (her friend whose name I forget) wanting to marry her (Why??!!), yet she's chasing after this charmless felon who has zero interest in her other than financial. <

Oh, the sad, sad saga of Lovelorn Angela, and the weasely little felon, Tony.  They’re a bad country-western song.

Cheryl is nuts, and not in a goofy, wacky way, but in a dangerous way. She's a C+I re-enactment show waiting to happen, where Josh ends up stabbed to death in his sleep. I seriously hope her family take action to protect her children. <

Cheryl has the IQ of a houseplant if she thinks even a wrapped parcel of money cld “last” even a week submerged... especially in pond water.  Josh had to enjoy seeing such a display of her greed and gulliability.

Neither was quick enough to figure in that pulling this stunt before the family “celebration”, especially with Cheryl already not high in the popularity stakes will make both look badly: Cheryl for reeking, and Josh for being with her.

Cheryl has absolutely no sense of humour and is strung tighter than an E-string. Her changes of mood are enough to give even someone medicated (like Vince, who may not have so much a CBC as a ‘lude level) a case of whiplash. She also has no sense of strategy.  However unreasonable Josh’s mother is, Cheryl continually proves the mother’s point and justifies her disapproval.  Cheryl might have easily outmaneuvered the mother, and possibly charmed Josh’s family, instead of sitting apart and glowering, making everything “all about her” and then physically pulling Josh from the party on the most outlandish and flimsiest of excuses.  All Cheryl had to do was act near her chronological age. She could have dressed nicely, conservatively, and poured on the charm, chatted pleasantly with everyone, spoke glowingly of Josh (their family member/friend), showed interest in the celebration and everyone there.  No matter what Josh’s mother had says, was saying, there would be a different story before their very eyes.

Instead, she acted like a spoiled, petulant teenaged child, pouting and moping, drawing all the attention (in an unflattering way) and sucking the life from the “celebration”.  She “proved” the mother’s “point”: she’s not “the one” for Josh (who’s a felon, a failed bank robber).

Theh she topped it off by dragging Josh from the party.  Knowing she’d overplayed her hand, she looked for reassurance by asking Josh about their future.  Despite his many past complaints about his diminishing willingness to put up with her mercurial behaviour, he surprises her with a more honest reply: he’s not really feeling it anymore. 

These two are the “stars” of their own fantasy novels.  He’s the hardened, do-anything anti-hero (see his self-published novel Written in Blood; Josh as he “sees” himself, as he’d like to be). Cheryl is the tough, savvy yet tender, damsel who can handle herself but appreciates a man strong enough to be the warrior at her side, who also recognizes she’s a precious princess that deserves veneration.

Theyre not a couple, they’re two separate badly-written video games aimed at a teenaged audience.

> Lacey makes me sick. She has absolutely no redeeming features. Is she meant to be 29? Yeah, right, nearer 39, I'd say. Oh, and the look on her dad's face when he realised his daughter is a whore who has no concern for anyone but herself.  As with Cheryl, I hope something is done to protect the children. <

Her voice set on a perma-whine with a “babykins” pitch, Lacey is a creation... especially with the overblown, cosmetically-altered features and large tats.  God bless her Dad, he certainly steps up to the plate vis-à-vis Lacey’s kids, he’s woefully naïve if he believes she does any “modeling” work in which she wears clothes.

He seems to have accepted, on a certain level, to a certain degree, that his daughter is what she is.  That doesn’t mean he approves, and he still loves her and her children, his grandchildren. Another level of acceptance is his unspoken acceptance that Lacey won’t put her children first in anything.  When the man of the moment blips across her active radar, she’s out.  She’s like a shark, with a shark’s dead eyes.  Sharks swim, eat and make baby sharks (yeah, and sh*t).  That’s pretty much it.  The Great White Shark hasn’t really evolved in hundreds of thousands of years.  They are what they are, and all her artifice aside, so is Lacey.   Lacey likes danger and drama; evidenced by her baby-squeak confession: “I just have a thing for bad boys” quickly followed by her pursuing a relationship with Shane with the full knowledge that her “fiancé”- who has anger/violence issues - is being paroled, to her home, within weeks.

Their grandfather is probably the most reliable presence in Lacey’s kids’ lives.  She appears to be more the glamourous (to them) person who dashes in, all hugs and kisses and sweetness, but soon to dash off on another “job” or adventure. It’s  “Grandpa” who is the mainstay, who makes certain they eat and are clothed, who rolls, however he might squawk or fume, with such announcements as Lacey “needing” to go off somewhere (with reasons that have paper-thin credibility), her playing do-si-do in the Felon Fiancés Square Dance and the questionable paternity of Lacey’s eldest child. 

It can be hoped that whatever mistakes for which he was responsible in the rearing/creating whom Lacey is, he’s learned from them and those mistakes are not being repeated in her children. 

And although Shane looked pleased with himself when he met her dad, <

Right?!  Shane just had the ultimate teenaged boy’s fantasy: sex with a no-holds-barred (near) porn star.  He tried to keep it polite with Lacey’s Dad, but just couldn’t resist stating the obvious: that he’d spent the night, and everyone who’s ever heard of Lacey knows what that means: that he got it all... even if that’s only “epic” in the sense of “a cast of thousands!”

> I would guess that having sex with Lacey probably feels like throwing a hot dog down the Lincoln Tunnel, if you get my drift ... <. 

😳😆

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Was it Josh or Alex who said last night they had to lie and say they were on lock down just so they could play a game of handball?  

It was Josh, and he said Cheryl would cry like a baby died! 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Shane: "Me n Lacey had saix awl not lawng."

Lacey: "Shane is the most level-headed person I know." (I shudder to think what kind of people you aquaint yourself with)

Lacey: "well, my dad is Italian... so..."

Shane: "Italian is mah favorite food."

Lacey: blank stare

Cheryl's profession is listed as "Intervention Counselor." Which means to me that she had a past history of drugs (I base this on watching Intervention; the counselors all have been through addiction/rehab). How terrifying to think of her in the role of Candy or Jeff on Intervention- yeah, no.  That also leads me to believe that she could very likely be using now, given her erratic behavior.  Way to get along with your mother in law- constantly talking about her "running her F&&*%king mouth"- on TV.

Glorietta is fascinating, in a way- although she is going to end up crushed since she views her entire life as a fairy tale.  She changed her mind pretty quickly about the Musim issue when that little ring went on! And yes, Alex has a "jeweler"- aka pawn shop.  The male clerk behind the counter looked totally bored as Alex dropped to his knees.  

Every single one of these people describes the inmate as "the love of my life." What does that actually mean to them? And I have to laugh when they fight and bring up "finding someone else," or cheating. Like the prisoners are such great catches!  The women are lined up to meet them!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Kroliosis said:

Do you think Jon put it together what a liar Lacy is when she said Shane was a possible father of Marlow - she said she just met Shane a year ago at the beach.  Dumbasses!

She said that John could possibly be the father- John, who she is allegedly engaged to and who is getting paroled to her house in a few days. Her relationship with him - according to her- changes depending on the day, but I think they've known each other since high school. And Marlow could have been the result of a one-off "hookup," according to her.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Delta Blow said:

Waltons. Michael Learned. Karen Grassle was Caroline Ingalls. But Tony is still full of shit.

D’oh!  Messed up my wholesome family shows.  Well it was Betty Buckley on Eight Is Enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 10/18/2019 at 9:44 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

It’s not compromising if you are DEMANDING that he convert to your religion or else. 

I think it's reasonable to say, my faith is important to me and I want to marry and have children in the same faith. One of my best friends converted to Judaism in order to marry her husband, and another friend of mine's husband converted to Judaism in order to marry her. I know another couple where the husband is Jewish and the wife looked into converting before they married but decided she couldn't, but agreed that the kids could be raised Jewish. I said last episode that I didn't think Glorietta was capable of having the kind of serious conversation that differences in religion requires, and based on this episode I was right. I'm actually shocked that Alex proposed - I thought for sure he was going to use religion as an excuse to break up with her (which would be very valid, IMO) and get back with his ex, who he seems to love (at least based on the way he talks about her).

21 hours ago, Mothra said:

I agree.  They're not going to last.  He is good-looking and seems intelligent, with a sense of humor.  More important, compared to the other ex-cons, he is tall and has no facial tattoos.  The other guys are little squirts who may have gotten into crime to prove something about manhood or something, and the facial tattoos are a big Fuck You to the world--"I don't need no stinkin' job."

I think Josh has the best chance of rehabilitating himself.  Of course, he may be a person who just can't stay out of trouble, but if he doesn't have a drug problem, which he doesn't seem to, I think he might be able to wind up with a real life outside of jail.  Cheryl's unrealistic ideas of life with him are laughable--I honestly don't think she's smart enough to be appealing to him, now that he's gotten his rocks off.

Let's just keep it 100: Josh can do better than Cheryl.

22 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Was it Josh or Alex who said last night they had to lie and say they were on lock down just so they could play a game of handball?  

I mean, I would die of shame if someone said that to me. Like, Cheryl is such a loon that someone IN PRISON doesn't want to talk to you? Ouch. And I frankly don't blame Josh; Cheryl is ... unwell. Also, it's been what, a week since he got out and he's already miserable with Cheryl? OUCH. (I knew Cheryl had cheating in her past when she told her sister "find me a man who treats me well, you can't.")

21 hours ago, essexjan said:

Oh, and the look on her dad's face when he realised his daughter is a whore who has no concern for anyone but herself.

He looked like he was this close to just saying that to her, too. That whole scene was fantastic, from the first words to Shane being "Who are you?" to him asking straight up why he assumed Lacey wouldn't cheat on him, in front of Lacey. (When he said he had no reason to think Lacey would be unfaithful, I was thinking "MY DUDE YOU ARE THE REASON. The fact that you are sitting here is the whole-ass reason.")

16 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

And...how about when she came out of the jail saying in her gravelly voice, "Well, I tried to break up with Tony..."

I had the same thought! "We're done," block his contact info, and don't pick up those COLLECT calls. Dassit! Easiest breakup ever.

I was trying to feel bad for Angela but I just couldn't. She's too old for this shit, AND she has a friend who was in prison who straight up told Angela that she used a bunch of men in the same way Tony was using her. She was willfully obtuse and she got played. Tony essentially said that, that he knew he could get her back on the hook; I hope she watched that and it was more of a wakeup call.

• Love 12

Of course, we have yet to see anyone on this show actually going to work, so I take their job descriptions with skepticism. But I hope whoever is employing Cheryl and Angela take a long hard look at them; it's one thing to hire ex-addicts as counselors, but people who are actively, currently behaving the way these 2 are surely can't be effective therapists.

Who would trust either of them with the well-being of a vulnerable person?

• Love 7
12 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I was just coming here to post this. These people are just trash. I agree with those who say the bank robber appears to be the best of the bunch. Not that it’s such a high standard...

• Love 12

I think all of these people say love really easily.  Two letters and it’s love.  Glorietta luvs Alex. Lacey luvs Shane. Cheryl luvs Josh. Angela luvs Tony.  They don’t even know each other but it’s twu wuv 4ever.

Pretty sure Angela was given Tony’s stuff from the halfway house.  Most of it she probably bought for him.  He’s not smart enough to put a password on his phone, although I did enjoy him begging “Michael” to respond to him.  Yet another “love of my life”.  I did enjoy the camera person focusing in on the unopened pop top can in Tony’s backpack.  Won’t somebody think about that poor can abandoned in the parking lot?

Prediction: Cheryl will always create some kind of drama whenever Josh is not 100% focused on her.  Run away, Josh. Run far, far away.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

She said that John could possibly be the father- John, who she is allegedly engaged to and who is getting paroled to her house in a few days. Her relationship with him - according to her- changes depending on the day, but I think they've known each other since high school. And Marlow could have been the result of a one-off "hookup," according to her.

Thank you. I can’t keep these dumb dumbs straight!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I said last episode that I didn't think Glorietta was capable of having the kind of serious conversation that differences in religion requires, and based on this episode I was right. I'm actually shocked that Alex proposed - I thought for sure he was going to use religion as an excuse to break up with her (which would be very valid, IMO) and get back with his ex, who he seems to love (at least based on the way he talks about her).

I have a feeling Alex is just stringing her along for the benefit of the show.  She has nothing to offer him spiritually or intellectually.  He's probably getting a killer deal on the ring from his  "jeweler" so that the jeweler's shop can be on tv.  Why else would he propose there??

• Love 4
On 10/19/2019 at 10:53 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Ooh, that reminds me.  

Nothing says stage 5 clinger like being IN PRISON and having to lie about lockdown just to get a couple of hours to yourself.  

Ok, so now we know where Josh got the "handball physique" reference. See the book review from @Kangatush below. Inquiring minds...

On 10/11/2019 at 7:43 PM, Kangatush said:

To save you guys, I have read Josh's book, Message in Blood, and I'll now tell you about it.

I will be spoiling, so if you want to read it yourself, just be prepared for graphic violence, racism, and crimes against the English language.

Our protagonist, Jace White, is a super buff, tall, handsome man about to get out of prison after serving 6 of 12 years for bank robbery.  But before he goes, he almost gets involved in a race war to support his cellmate, a guy described as having, "the physique of a professional handball player".  

When his mom and grandma pick him up at the bus station, they tell him that his younger sister OD'd a few days ago, and is dead.  His sister, named Destiny, leaves behind two daughters, Serenity and Eternity.

Jace decides that there's no way she would have overdosed, despite being a drug user, so he must now hunt down her killer to exact justice.  He gathers up a posse of his old friends to help him write a message in blood.  

At the hospital to get a copy of the autopsy report, they find the file sealed by a local cop named Girly.  But the receptionist/nurse is a chick named Amber who went to school with Jace and thinks he's hot, so she reads the sealed records and learns that Destiny died with sinus cavities full of coke, heroin, and broken glass.  

Conveniently, Amber has the same dealer as Destiny, a "black" named JoJo.  She tells Jace who kidnaps, questions, and kills JoJo, after being given a new lead about who was really responsible.  

Now he's after a Mexican named Lazy.  And his cousin Vern.  Kidnaps, questions, kills.  Now onto the next person.

Another Mexican named Criminal.  Kills accidentally, kidnaps, questions, and kills another dude.

Turns out the REAL bad guys are Girly and another cop who killed Destiny because she knew they were shaking down local dealers for bribes.  

So Jace kidnaps and kills them both too, leaving his message in blood before going back to prison.

In the midst of all this, Jace falls for Amber and one of their sex scenes includes the term "love paddles" for labia.

Jace is also incapable of calling anyone anything but dog, homie, or pussy.  8 million times.

It is also clear that the author has been to prison since like half the book is descriptions of all the forensic counter measures Jace and his dogs take during their spree.

Oh, there's also a line about all of Jace's "face grief being used up, but he still felt it in his heart".

The racism also shows which groups probably owned Josh inside.  And he doesn't understand guns, since Jace kept cocking his randomly, which is a great way to shoot yourself accidentally.

If you are able to ignore all the dialog, it's not the worst thing I've ever read.  It reminded me of the plot of countless action movies.  I don't curse the time I spent reading it, but I'm not waiting anxiously for a sequel.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I think all of these people say love really easily.  Two letters and it’s love.  Glorietta luvs Alex. Lacey luvs Shane. Cheryl luvs Josh. Angela luvs Tony.  They don’t even know each other but it’s twu wuv 4ever.

Emotional Middle Schoolers. (Back before a frightening percentage of middle schoolers were versed in the basics of the Kama Sutra and producing babies.)  

It used to be (bones creak) that adults understood that infatuation is a transitory stage: after that giddy stage, a relationship either grows and deepens... or it fails to develop, stagnates and dies.  More ppl appear to be “addicted” to that infatuation stage, all that exciting, emotional-romantic-dramatic tension. When that arc ends, they bolt and begin all over again with someone else.  Who wants the tedium of car and housing payments over romantic dinners and “new sex”?  Ppl are swept up in being brides, not wives, and the big, glorious weddings.   LAL is filled with them.

If there was a typed transcript of what ppl on LAL routinely say, ppl could be forgiven for thinking the speakers were ‘tweenagers.

Pretty sure Angela was given Tony’s stuff from the halfway house.  Most of it she probably bought for him.  He’s not smart enough to put a password on his phone, although I did enjoy him begging “Michael” to respond to him.  Yet another “love of my life”.  I did enjoy the camera person focusing in on the unopened pop top can in Tony’s backpack.  Won’t somebody think about that poor can abandoned in the parking lot?

Oyster Brain probably figured faithful old dummy Angela was a safe bet for keeping his stuff secure.  After all, again, she provided him with the majority, perhaps all, of it.  It doesn’t appear Tony managed to secure a new mark that he could trust with his little bag of personal belongings and valuables.  Angela would have been unable to claim any if it; unless perhaps she had a handy stack of receipts complete with serial numbers, and even then, they became Tony’s property as freely-given gifts.  It’s not as if Angela has a legal argument that she’d gifted Tony with those items on the provision he’d be her boyfriend and eff her silly in perpetuity, and their ownership reverted to her upon his reneging on the agreement (and breaking parole/returning to correctional custody).  That sort of quid pro quo transaction does have a legal term: prostitution.

That’s too much thought and frontal lobe activity for Tony. With no other immediately-available options, all he could do was hope Angela would be “good for it”.  That her reaction, aside from the “show”, was the she “tried to break up with Tony”, instead of marching out of the jail, Tony’s cell phone in hand, having told the authorities to do whatever with the rest, and announcing she was d-o-n-e, done, with Tony, putting it all in her rear view mirror as she peeled off in a cloud of dust... shows Angela, all her outraged performances and proclamations aside, just might lend a sympathetic ear to Tony.  Maybe she’ll string him along for revenge.  Maybe she can’t resist returning to her drug of choice: forever in the “Infatuation Stage”, being constantly wooed, the center of the world to a man with lots of time on his hands, tantalizingly just out of her reach... but a promised sunset together in the future of “tomorrows”.

Again, with that lamentable lack of frontal lobe activity, it obviously never occurred to Oyster Brain to delete his chat/text message history, much less change the password.. He’s as single-minded as Angela: she’s laser-focused on bedding him, he’s focused on bedding just about anyone else.  Both are leaving a trail of havoc in their wake, about as subtle as a suppurating outbreak of a virulent STD.

Prediction: Cheryl will always create some kind of drama whenever Josh is not 100% focused on her.  Run away, Josh. Run far, far away.

Oh, absolutely. Cheryl creates her own self-fulfilling prophecies.  She’s like a crazed tic with an insatiable appetite and endless needs.  Give her the blood from your veins, and she’ll demand the air from your lungs, the marrow from your bones... and if you demur, you’re mistreating her, cheating her... she’s fully embraced the seductive role of “Victim” but has failed at the critical element of being a sympathetic, likable victim.  She’s comes off as an unreasonable, demanding, immature, needy shrew with a hair trigger.  

If any of the parolees could be said to have a decent chance at perhaps reforming and becoming a decent member or society, Josh has the edge.  As others have observed, he’s clean-cut, has no visible tats, speaks and presents well and has a certain affability.  While his mother may or may not be batsh*t, may or may not be correct that Cheryl put the moves on “her [the mother’s] man” (or perhaps was receptive to any overtures; easier for her - the mother - to blame the disliked girlfriend rather than her own “man”), Cheryl and her own batsh*t attitude and behaviour are a liability to Josh.

She’s the type to call his work multiple times a day, feel she has the right to track his every movement, pick fights with any female coworkers (even any woman who simply answers the office phone; if she’s not a romantic threat, then she’s aiding and abetting Josh with other women), make scenes at any office event (as she did at his family party).  She’s a nightmare.

• Love 7

It's been more than 40 decades since I helped an ex-boyfriend with housing when he was released from prison. It was casual and definitely not a serious or engagement type relationship. I went to work every day, and honestly don't know how he spent his days. I assume he had family and friends since we were from the same large city. 

It's been such a long time ago, I can only remember a few details of our short time together. One memory is of buying him a couple of shirts for Christmas, ?feeling sorry for him.

But my sharpest memory is when I knew the relationship was over, not with a bang, just a  mutual eh. Confident in some alone time, I sat on the bedroom floor in front of his one cardboard box of personal papers. I was looking for only one thing, and maybe you can guess what that was.

Ignoring the obvious legal papers, and quickly leafing through handwritten letters and photographs from different women (not a surprise nor any kind of disappointment), I found what I wanted. It was just a cute (rare) picture of myself that I was glad to have back. I'm sure he never missed it, lol.

P.S. I never knew what this man was in prison for; when we were dating I never saw any criminal behaviors. Looking back, I should've read the legal papers in the box. I assumed it was for drugs, but idk. Young and Stupid. 

• Love 2

Glorietta is 34 and wants 3 kids?  Good luck.  At 35 you're automatically high risk since you're old.  

And I have always felt that heart shaped jewelry looks cheap (despite price tag), and is best suited to 8 year old girls.  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Spike said:

I think she said John may be the father (rather than her ex husband).  Shane was upset because that meant John would remain embroiled in their lives as Marlow’s dad.

What does this tell you about Lacey if she doesn’t know who fathered her child? And that child will grow up and see all this on the Internet. Fame whoredom has reached an all-time high.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

What does this tell you about Lacey if she doesn’t know who fathered her child? And that child will grow up and see all this on the Internet. Fame whoredom has reached an all-time high.

Maury is rolling in money just from that situation.

• Love 2
On 10/19/2019 at 4:58 PM, Unsinn said:

nor turn and tuck in that tooth that looks as eager to leave as Tony

Dying....seriously you are doing the lord's work 🙂

Edited by Chloecat
  • Love 4

This is a question for men, and others sexually attracted to women, What would compel you to spend actual cash money to see a cam girl like Lacey, or (former) stripper like Cheryl?  You can't touch them, and nowadays you can find high quality porn for free on the interwebs.  I honestly just don't understand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

This is a question for men, and others sexually attracted to women, What would compel you to spend actual cash money to see a cam girl like Lacey, or (former) stripper like Cheryl?  You can't touch them, and nowadays you can find high quality porn for free on the interwebs.  I honestly just don't understand.

I think it’s the interaction.  You get to “direct” them.  And they will use your name etc.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Spike said:

I think it’s the interaction.  You get to “direct” them.  And they will use your name etc.  

In the case of Lacey I just picture you directing the muppet Janice.  I'd keep asking her questions about Dr. Teeth.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Kangatush said:

where did we hear that Cheryl was a stripper?

• Love 1
On 10/18/2019 at 9:51 PM, Adeejay said:

Try, try as hard as I might, I just couldn't understand the conversation between Vince and Amber.  "I didn't know your real first name until you asked me to marry you."  "So why did you say yes?"  My head.

They are just both idiots. I am fully convinced that Vince just gets into puppy love easily and has white knight syndrome and that's why he's looking for love in prisons.  Hell it was probably Amber's idea to do the show. 

On 10/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, Spike said:

But then he doesn't care about the other baby daddies?  How many others does she have, just one?  Not sure why that would be your deal breaker when obviously the kids have dads. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

But then he doesn't care about the other baby daddies?  How many others does she have, just one?  Not sure why that would be your deal breaker when obviously the kids have dads. 

Maybe her ex-husband isn't in the picture? I can't figure out this timeline. She's known John since high school and I get the impression she was with him romantically at some point then. Then they were no longer together for whatever reason because we know she has an ex-husband, who I assume is the father of her kids (except John might possibly be her son's father since she cheated on her husband with John), and that ex-husband isn't in the picture at all? Is that right? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Maybe her ex-husband isn't in the picture? I can't figure out this timeline. She's known John since high school and I get the impression she was with him romantically at some point then. Then they were no longer together for whatever reason because we know she has an ex-husband, who I assume is the father of her kids (except John might possibly be her son's father since she cheated on her husband with John), and that ex-husband isn't in the picture at all? Is that right? 

I think the ex is in prison, maybe for a long haul.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Glorietta: Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam! 

No, seriously.... why does she have highlighter on her nose? It just accentuates the mole! 

And wow it was telling when Tony said: “If  I lose Angela I’m going to be screwed. Because she helps me out a lot“. Yup, no love lost on old Ang. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Kangatush said:

In the case of Lacey I just picture you directing the muppet Janice.  I'd keep asking her questions about Dr. Teeth.  

Lacey is dead ringer for Janet muppet.  Maybe some people have a Jim Hanson fetish?

• Love 2