Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E21: Tell-All Part 1/S01.E22: Tell-All Part 2

Message added by Drogo

FYI - as a Tell All topic, spoilers from social media and otherwise are permitted under spoiler tags.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Chalby said:

Great post! At first I was hard on Evelyn, but then I realized she is only guilty of leaving out some details - eg, that she and Raoul had a one night stand years ago. Aside from that, she has not lied to Corey nor led him down some promise-of-marriage path. She has told him up front what she wants financially, and she informed him of her goal to have the cocktail bar. She also was up front about her dalliance with her ex, and she even suggested they end their relationship when he kept at her about the 'details'.  She has told him repeatedly that she does not want to be married, heck she never even wanted a ring. He is forcing himself upon her, and backing her into a corner by proposing, buying her things etc. all in front of an audience. If Corey ends up with nothing - he has only himself to blame. To me he makes himself appear weak and ineffectual. After 5 years, he STILL can't speak to the locals. Come on...!

I'm of the opinion that Evilin IS lying to Corey-- regarding financial dealings, if nothing else. In which universe would that junk heap that they drive around cost $7000?  And $30,000 for the apartment and bar?  I also noted that she was upset with Raul for telling Corey things he doesn't need to know about and not to do that in the future-- maybe not direct lies, but dishonesty, for sure.  Yes, we can all applaud her for telling him from the get-go that she doesn't want to marry him and I truly hopes he gets that message.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm of the opinion that Evilin IS lying to Corey-- regarding financial dealings, if nothing else. In which universe would that junk heap that they drive around cost $7000?  And $30,000 for the apartment and bar?  I also noted that she was upset with Raul for telling Corey things he doesn't need to know about and not to do that in the future-- maybe not direct lies, but dishonesty, for sure.  Yes, we can all applaud her for telling him from the get-go that she doesn't want to marry him and I truly hopes he gets that message.

We only have Corey's word that he gave her that much money and that, if he did, it was spent on those things.

At this point Corey appears to be just as much of a famewhore as everyone else. I wouldn't be surpised if he wasn't pushing the "poor me victim" mentality and supplying us with information that backs that up just to cement his place in S2. In fact, while I first thought they might already be married, I am now thinking that they are only friends and she is going along with the facade because he wanted to be on TV. I keep going back to their argument and her interjecting "for real?" I am no fan of Evelin, but if she really is the big love of his life then he sure doesn't mind tossing her under the bus every chance he gets...

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Mothra said:

My first thought on reading your post--which in endorse a thousand percent--was that maybe ppd was why they were living in such squalor, but then recalled that their apartment has always looked messy and dirty.  Which leads me to think that maybe Kreeny has an underlying chronic depression, which would make ppd all the worse, which would explain her clinging to Pole in the face of his awfulhood and nuttiness--as well as her inability to cut herself free of him.  If it's apparent to us viewers that Kreeny needs emotional help, TLC has no excuse not to get treatment for her.  They bear an immense responsibility for her care.  How much of her present, obvious, distress can be rooted in her being on this show at all, much less having the pain and misery of her life exposed on tv, is beyond imagining.

I completely agree with your observations.  From what I have read on here regarding the tell-all and backstage therapists, part of the problem is that Karine feels that viewers are judging her negatively.  I have to admit, I don't understand some of the things I've seen her do on t.v.  The best thing would be to drop the show and get some legit employment (and stay off of social media!)

• Love 8

My two cents on this mess -

I don’t think money had anything to do with Aladin’s change of mind. My guess is he saw the show and her “purple friend” was prominently displayed as well as the home wine making. Both of these would cause him humiliation and make him the subject of ridicule. There would be no way he could continue in a marriage with her over there. His entire demeanor was different and I truly believe he has had to answer for her actions and his involvement. He really lost out in the relationship. 

Tiffany is perhaps one of the most despicable people to ever appear on the show. She obviously sees herself as a far better person than her lowly husband. She will hound him forever and he will have no peace. The fact that her decisions have been absolutely moronic will never dawn on her. She pushed her son to accept a new Dad and when he did she took him back to the US. Not to mention getting pregnant right away with a man she has no trust or respect for and then robbing him of his child. Tiffany thinks she is smart but really just delusional.

Corey really was irritating with all his commentary during both “tell all” shows. A guy who cannot get his own relationship together has nothing to offer the others. The fact that he still wishes to marry Evelin pretty much makes one wonder what is wrong with him. I can’t even bother to criticize her because he is so stupid.

I can’t even with Jenny. The fact that she decided give up everything to chase a man in India at her age is too much. 

What a bunch of misfits representing the US. If poor decisions made you wealthy this bunch would be billionaires.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I doubt aladin gives a shit.  The rest of these flunkies are so pressed.  He is, in every way, superior to every other participant.  

1. He is good looking and fit

2. He has a sense of humor

3. He seems charming

4. He has friends/family who enjoy being around him

5. He seems like a happy and generally easy going guy

6. He has a car

7. He has a job

8. He hasn't stolen his mothers refrigerator

9. He has his own place

10. He doesn't need his mom to fund his family

11. He doesn't run into a dog house or threatens to jump into a river of shit

12. He didn't make a baby he can't afford

13. He didn't trick someone into having a baby with him

14. He hasn't stolen from his employer and he hasn't humped a keg or the ugliest stripper ever on national TV

The list goes on and on, but engaging with this pathetic bunch brings aladin down to their level.  

I like your list. In regards to the ugliest stripper do you recall the stripper from Matt's bachelor party? She was pretty rough looking, too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It has been rumored, but AFAIK not confirmed by TLC/Sharp, that Jenny/Summit and Deavan/Jihoon are currently filming for another season. If true, that explains why they took it so easy on Jenny/Sumit and tried to start drama with Deavan/Jihoon.

I'm really not sure why Jenny would want to continue this farce. She is getting reamed online for continuing a relationship with a married man. She and her daughter and dil keep saying we will learn more information soon, but very few people give a damn. If she didn't know it before, she now knows he has been married while in a relationship with her, and doesn't give a damn because she thinks their love is the true one, and they are being kept apart because of some unfair cultural demands instead of the simple truth that Sumit is a liar and user. 

19 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm thinking maybe TLC (always interested in covering their legal asses) probably has a mental health professional of some sort backstage just in case shit goes south for any of the participants, but these articles were attributing that to specific participants.  

That's what I think happened, too. They had all the castmembers sign a waiver that they are in good mental health and after Corey's part, he spoke to him to make sure he was in good shape and did the same with Laura. The man who said the mental health professional was there for Laura was the same man who claimed he had proof that Azan was married and had a baby on the way. He's not very reliable because he'll pass anything off as true for views of his Youtube videos. He's as bad as Instagram Meth Head (initials JY) who posted the lie from Larissa about Colt being a pedophile and the lies from Ashley about Jay raping her and his dad raping her mom. 

It was reported that one of the crew realized that Karine was in bad shape and contacted the MH person, who met with her and she was transferred the the hospital. I don't think he was called in specifically for any one person, but was there to make sure everyone was in a decent place after learning things like Evilyn's friend was in love with her and waiting for Corey to go away and that Aladin wanted a divorce and for Laura to never come back to his home. There wasn't any mention of that one the show, though, so who even knows if it actually happened. Laura's not reliable, either. 

Pole, who is also a liar and attention whore, said that TLC had sent both Karine and him to therapy. If so, that may be why he is coming across better lately. Maybe he is actually learning coping techniques that don't involve asking Karine if she wants a divorce ten times a day. Her answer to that question should be "HELL YES!!!" but she should learn from Larissa's fuck up and wait until after the AOS has been approved and her conditional green card is issued. I also read that Pole has limited his social media posts lately, but I don't follow him so I don't know if that means he went from ten posts a day to three posts a day or only posts a couple times a week. I would think staying off SM would be one of the first things a therapist would advise, like they did for the Teen Mom cast, who ignore the advice and then complain that mean comments from people have made them suicidal :cough:Catelyn:cough:

Edited by Christina
Corrected name from Tiffany to Deavan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/22/2019 at 6:46 PM, mamadrama said:

I am really confused because I didn't think we were allowed to discuss social media rumors or things that didn't happen on the show in the episode threads. When I talked about seeing Krine in the hospital, I tried really hard to share information like that only in the couples' thread. But now I am seeing lots of social media rumors here in the Tell Nothing thread. So was I wrong?

Drogo posted that spoilers from social media are allowed in the Tell Nothing thread as long as they are under a spoiler tab. I disclosed what happened behind the scenes with Karine under a spoiler tab and my entire post was removed, so who knows?

3 hours ago, Christina said:

It has been rumored, but AFAIK not confirmed by TLC/Sharp, that Jenny/Summit and Tiffany/Jihoon are currently filming for another season. If true, that explains why they took it so easy on Jenny/Sumit and tried to start drama with Tiffany/Jihoon.

Do you mean Tiffany/Ronald or Deavan/Jihoon?

When Liam's part of the show aired, I thought he was completely out-of-line. Now, rewatching it, I have no problem with it. It looks like he discovered the drama a few minutes before while waiting for his turn and it was so stupid and predictable he couldn't help laughing. Here it is again, cut into 8 slides.

@Spike thanks, I corrected my post.

9 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

This is where I am torn with Corey and Evelin. She is very clear and direct when she says she does not want to get married and he doesn't hear it. However he keeps giving her money for things that are meant to build their future together, but she says they are hers. I know love can make you stupid,  but is there something missing here? Can someone be that dumb, but manage to save $50,000. You have to be good with money to save that in the first place so why give it away so carelessly? 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, IllLitShips said:

This is where I am torn with Corey and Evelin. She is very clear and direct when she says she does not want to get married and he doesn't hear it. However he keeps giving her money for things that are meant to build their future together, but she says they are hers. I know love can make you stupid,  but is there something missing here? Can someone be that dumb, but manage to save $50,000. You have to be good with money to save that in the first place so why give it away so carelessly? 

I guess when you live on the family compound there aren’t many expenses.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, IllLitShips said:

It's nice that she is honest about not wanting to get married.  However, she knows he does want to.  In fact, he's proposed...and she said yes.  She wants it both ways...she's stringing him along and giving him just enough of what he wants to keep the money coming.  He's an idiot, and she's taking advantage of that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

It's nice that she is honest about not wanting to get married.  However, she knows he does want to.  In fact, he's proposed...and she said yes.  She wants it both ways...she's stringing him along and giving him just enough of what he wants to keep the money coming.  He's an idiot, and she's taking advantage of that.  

Do you think either one is more at fault?  That is where I struggle. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

The kind thing to do in the situation where you know your partner is more in love and wanting a deeper commitment is to break up with them. You don't string them along as they'll take what they can get/hope for more. Example: If my partner wants kids and I know for sure I don't, I should do the decent thing and break up with them so they have the time to find a partner who is more suitable. Corey wants to believe Evelin will change... and he has reason to believe she could change as she didn't out right reject his proposal and now she is putting conditions on their marriage by stating he needs to lose weight. 

She has to cut him loose because he is way more into her than she is to him... (or they are both frauding us and their relationship is fine). 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

I doubt aladin gives a shit.  The rest of these flunkies are so pressed.  He is, in every way, superior to every other participant.  

3. He seems charming

6. He has a car

7. He has a job

9. He has his own place

14. He hasn't stolen from his employer and he hasn't humped a keg or the ugliest stripper ever on national TV

The list goes on and on, but engaging with this pathetic bunch brings aladin down to their level.  

So much beautiful in this post.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I posted this in the couples thread, then realized it actually is Tell All related so I'm posting it here, too.  This should begin in about 45 minutes from the time of this post if someone CAN FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT AND REPORT BACK 😄 (I'm working and can't watch first hand, damned life interfering with my reality TV addiction!)

aladin2.jpg

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Twopper said:

I still think Corey went after Ronald and Tiff to deflect from his screwy relationship with Eviline.   Sort of the "look, a squirrel"  approach. 

This.  

Easier to comment on others than reflect on your own relationship.  Evilyn was in it for the money.   That was never a secret.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, watchingtvaddict said:

She has to cut him loose because he is way more into her than she is to him... (or they are both frauding us and their relationship is fine). 

Why would she and close down the bank of Corey.    She will when the funds run out.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Why would she and close down the bank of Corey.    She will when the funds run out.  

From the sounds of it, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. 

Wonder if this bimbat's bar makes any money. 

12 hours ago, RealReality said:

3. He seems charming

6. He has a car

7. He has a job

9. He has his own place

If it weren't for him marrying Laura I would agree with all of the above.  However, he married Laura. It's hard to imagine that was for love.   Therefore, he's a snake and user so to me it negates all of the above.

I believe her that the money ran out and he split.  He probably watched Mohammit and Danielle and realized he could get a better mark who has some $ and wasn't going to waste his time.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Twopper said:

I still think Corey went after Ronald and Tiff to deflect from his screwy relationship with Eviline.   Sort of the "look, a squirrel"  approach.

Or Jesse's "Look! A goat!" 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

If it weren't for him marrying Laura I would agree with all of the above.  However, he married Laura. It's hard to imagine that was for love.   Therefore, he's a snake and user so to me it negates all of the above.

I believe her that the money ran out and he split.  He probably watched Mohammit and Danielle and realized he could get a better mark who has some $ and wasn't going to waste his time.

I don't agree because I don't think aladin had any obligation to marry Laura out of love and I think she equally used him therefore their marriage was more contractual and transactional.  Onboth sides. 

Entering into a contractual/transactional marriage doesn't make either party a snake, IMO, because love matches are fairly new. 

Laura never loved aladin, she loved his youth and good looks.  These are equally superficial reasons to marry as money.  

She agreed to exchange the promise of financial stability for a guy who was young and hot.  

So, I don't think he is a snake.  I think he is someone who got into a contract and didn't get the benefit of the bargain so he had every right to ditch her.  

She wanted to buy hot, young man.  Then she got mad when she couldn't afford him anymore.  

The notion that Laura tries to float that she loved aladin is pure nonsense.  When we first saw her in Skype she pretty much demanded he take off his shirt and show off the goods.    

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't agree because I don't think aladin had any obligation to marry Laura out of love and I think she equally used him therefore their marriage was more contractual and transactional.  Onboth sides. 

Entering into a contractual/transactional marriage doesn't make either party a snake, IMO, because love matches are fairly new. 

Laura never loved aladin, she loved his youth and good looks.  These are equally superficial reasons to marry as money.  

She agreed to exchange the promise of financial stability for a guy who was young and hot.  

So, I don't think he is a snake.  I think he is someone who got into a contract and didn't get the benefit of the bargain so he had every right to ditch her.  

She wanted to buy hot, young man.  Then she got mad when she couldn't afford him anymore.  

The notion that Laura tries to float that she loved aladin is pure nonsense.  When we first saw her in Skype she pretty much demanded he take off his shirt and show off the goods.    

I agree she wanted to buy hot, young man.  But do you really thing hot, young man fell in love with dumpy Laura?  What do you really think is lovable about her?  

Don't take my comments as excusing her for this; I think she's like a lot of these people that go international -- they choose a partner that has looks that gratify them sexually and dangle the green card over their heads.  

I just don't see him having some great love for Laura that isn't motivated by becoming a US citizen, so I view him as skeptically as I do the hot Russian women who marry the fat dumpy American.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

If you’re under retirement age and on a disability pension, there are rules and conditions in order to continue getting it. According to Laura, she is only 52 so we’ll before actual cpp benefits would kick in

what kind of disability is Laura claiming to have?

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I agree she wanted to buy hot, young man.  But do you really thing hot, young man fell in love with dumpy Laura?  What do you really think is lovable about her?  

Don't take my comments as excusing her for this; I think she's like a lot of these people that go international -- they choose a partner that has looks that gratify them sexually and dangle the green card over their heads.  

I just don't see him having some great love for Laura that isn't motivated by becoming a US citizen, so I view him as skeptically as I do the hot Russian women who marry the fat dumpy American.

Oh no, I don't think either of them loved each other at all.  Their marriage was a transactional contract, nothing more, nothing less.  

Their marriage contract was pretty much the same one I had when I bought a car.  Except that I paid money for a car, not a man with abs (and apparently I got the better ride if Laura is to be believed 😉).

If my check bounced or if I hadn't paid....my car would have been taken away.  And this is the rub with any contract or transaction.  When one party breaches, the other party isn't bound by the contractual terms.  

Once she ran out of money and couldn't provide the lifestyle she promised, IMO, he wasn't bound to honor the contract either. 

The whole arrangement is probably kinda gross to people who marry for love and I think thats reasonable.  I just don't think that this was that kind of marriage.  I think it was more like buying a man from CarMax. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Oh no, I don't think either of them loved each other at all.  Their marriage was a transactional contract, nothing more, nothing less.  

Their marriage contract was pretty much the same one I had when I bought a car.  Except that I paid money for a car, not a man with abs (and apparently I got the better ride if Laura is to be believed 😉).

I

LOL!

• LOL 4

The term "transactional marriage" is new to me. But it has me thinking about this in relationship to marriage fraud and what constitutes marriage fraud (asking in the context of this show and w/ Americans being on one side of it only -- not a comment on arranged marriages in other cultures). Is it somewhere between married-for-love and married-for-a-green card?

A quick Googling gives me the impression that the US government is all about the love with respect to marriages, using terms like "a real marriage" etc.  

4 hours ago, Jel said:

The term "transactional marriage" is new to me. But it has me thinking about this in relationship to marriage fraud and what constitutes marriage fraud (asking in the context of this show and w/ Americans being on one side of it only -- not a comment on arranged marriages in other cultures). Is it somewhere between married-for-love and married-for-a-green card?

A quick Googling gives me the impression that the US government is all about the love with respect to marriages, using terms like "a real marriage" etc.  

I guess, from my POV, people marry for all sorts of reasons.  Some really lucky and great people find a person that they love and they settle with them.  Others marry for stability, in order to form a family, because they have money and can finally afford to marry someone young and hot.  Many of these marriages can last a lifetime.  Some people who marry for love get divorced 19 hours later.  Or annuled....can't remember 

If we are willing to accept all these marriages between US citizens that can be for a variety of reasons and motivations it doesn't seem any worse to accept that any two, consenting adults could enter into a transactional marriage.  But that's just me, I may not be a romantic 🙂

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6

knowing Laura now, it could be possible that it's BS that her pension was cut. Or that it hadn't already been cut. Or that she was collecting a pension already. Or that she even has a pension.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I finally was able to watch the whole episode.

I was surprised that they brought Tiff's mom on the show since she had not met Ronald;  I thought the sister that went to South Africa to meet him would have been a better choice.  I hated that they had Daniel on. 

I am confused about Jen (Jenny's DIL) who seemed suddenly to be supportive of Jenny and Sumit;  it looked like Christina wanted to say something other than what finally came out of her mouth.  I think she wanted to tell Sumit to go to hell.  Jenny must be hard to live with now with her bitching about being separated from Sumit.  I am sure everyone but Jenny thought Sumit was lying about being faithful to Jenny for the entirety of her visit.  I can't believe Jenny is still over the moon about Sumit, and I don't think he loves her.  His actions are  not those of genuine love with all those lies.  Eventually Christina will have to bail her mother out of this.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I was surprised that they brought Tiff's mom on the show since she had not met Ronald;  I thought the sister that went to South Africa to meet him would have been a better choice.  I hated that they had Daniel on. 

I am confused about Jen (Jenny's DIL) who seemed suddenly to be supportive of Jenny and Sumit;  it looked like Christina wanted to say something other than what finally came out of her mouth.  I think she wanted to tell Sumit to go to hell.  Jenny must be hard to live with now with her bitching about being separated from Sumit.  I am sure everyone but Jenny thought Sumit was lying about being faithful to Jenny for the entirety of her visit.  I can't believe Jenny is still over the moon about Sumit, and I don't think he loves her.  His actions are  not those of genuine love with all those lies.  Eventually Christina will have to bail her mother out of this.

I don't even know if there is a bail out at this point. Sumit would literally have to completely end the relationship and he is a worm.  Jenny will be whispering for sumit on her deathbed and it's sad.  

• Love 6

LOL.  I haven't watched the aladin pile-on yet, but these people are ridiculous.  

Every single one of them whines about being judged based on what viewers see on TV, yet they are all willing to judge aladin based on getting only Laura's side of the story.  

Liam has said she has temper problems and her relationships end spectacularly after ugly fights.  She also enjoys doing shit to start fights.  

So why would anyone believe Laura when she says that they are just having "normal couple fights.". 

Laura's version of a "normal couple dispute" is probably way more serious than she lets on.  

Also, if you're fighting six weeks into a marriage....WTF, it probably wasn't meant to be.  At six weeks you should still be glowy and happy!  

And none of these people are any better.  Tiffany chooses relationships so she can be a martyr and a hero.  She is ridiculous for getting married to a man fresh out of rehab and sticking it out with him when she barely knows him.  And I guess she really didn't stick it out since she is back in the US and just planning to "visit" SA.  Sounds like she just may work on it IF Ronald can get into the US.  But Tiffany loves to be superior in a relationship and I'm guessing that's why she went through with the marriage at all.  She is a sanctimonious beeeyotch. 

Devan can shut it too.  The only reason she has anything to do with jihoon is because she has no other options.  She had planned to get preggers by a guy who she thought could afford to let her be a stay at home mom and financially support two kids.  She picked the wrong guy.  If anyone else in the world was checking for Devan with those teeth and two kids and wanted to financially support her she would dump jihoon like a bad habit.  

Corey and Jenny should have saved their money to buy a brain from the wizard of Oz.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

Even robot Shaun was giving her sideeye. 👀

Sumits stories don't make any sense, so he really got lucky in finding halfwit Jenny.  

Let's put aside the fact that going on national TV and humiliating your wife is not an easier way to let people know you don't want to be married other  than....oh, I don't know, just not showing up to the altar.

But laying that to the side, even by sumits own admission his WIFE left HIM.  He STILL is such a frightened worm that he couldn't gather the strength and fortitude to leave.  Jenny is getting the sloppiest of seconds. 

Sumit's shifty eyes when he was asked about having sex with HIS WIFE while he was with Jenny, the granny side chick let's me know that he was trying to figure out if someone could find out about his kid(s).  

• Love 5

The tell nothing makes me hate Cabbage patch kid face corey SOOOOO much more; he deserves what he got!  Those loons should have been calling out Evilin for CHEATING on Corey a bunch of times and flaunting Raul in front of him, not railing on Aladin for being concerned about Laura's safety or believing anything that cow said about him.  Ronald, as terrible as he is, didn't even deserve the wrath of Corey.  Corey needs to just shut up; he's a big fool and what his dad said is true- he ended up with nothing after Evil harvested the American dollar.

• Love 6

The funny thing is I kind of believe both of them.

I don't believe Aladin was in love with her, and I do believe he was using her for a way to get to the US or Canada.  Had she been able to get him a spousal visa or perma resident status, I think he'd still be putting up with her bs today. Him suddenly wanting a divorce, right when these two things coincide, seems sketchy.

And I do believe all the things Aladin is saying about her, right up to the part where he was catfished. He did actually meet her, and he elect to marry her even after he learned she was no 40 year old, so nope.  Everything else though, all her lies and drinking to excess and carrying on, yes.

She seems like a horrible narcissist, and he seems like a hustler. 

• Love 3
On 10/24/2019 at 10:55 AM, IllLitShips said:

Do you think either one is more at fault?  That is where I struggle. 

honestly, it almost seems like an odd arrangement that works for them both somehow. Look how giddy and happy he looks when she gives him a crumb of attention. He openly hears Raul saying he would jump in at the first opportunity.  He (for reasons I cannot comprehend) accepts and almost relishes the role of the weak, helpless, trod-upon man who waits for a woman to validate how weak and helpless he is.

Meanwhile, she is thrilled to be dictating to him what to do: learn Spanish, lose weight, buy me a bar, jump when I tell you to.  Once in a great while she offers support (like when his Dad died). So he continues to accept that this is a good relationship and she takes what she can from him.  It's to the point that it's so obvious that she is smiling as she grinds him under her heel. Yet he is smiling too.  So, as they say- there's a lid for every pot. I don't see a fault on either side if they are both accepting of what they're doing.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Those loons should have been calling out Evilin for CHEATING on Corey a bunch of times and flaunting Raul in front of him, not railing on Aladin for being concerned about Laura's safety or believing anything that cow said about him.  Ronald, as terrible as he is, didn't even deserve the wrath of Corey.

I believe they form friendships beforehand, because they always gang up on one person.  At one of the Tell Alls, I couldn't believe it when they all went after Larissa with guns blazing, while horrid Leida sat there smug and smiling in Eric's arms. That they had sympathy for Jenny even though she slept with a married man, and believe Sumit the lying catfisher, boggles my mind.

• Love 10

Corey bugs the shit out of me for myriad reasons, but I felt for him when TLC felt the need to show extended clips of his dad talking about his concerns. I lost my dad in March of 2016, I’m older than Corey, my dad’s death was somewhat unexpected but not surprising (if that makes sense), and I was with him at the hospital when he died, and I still could not fathom having to sit there in front of a studio audience and watch videos of my dad talking (and being justly critical of my poor decisions). Granted, I’m a cryer in most circumstances anyway, but I could not have handled anywhere near as gracefully as he did. I think TLC did him wrong on that front.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RoadFullOfPromise said:

Corey bugs the shit out of me for myriad reasons, but I felt for him when TLC felt the need to show extended clips of his dad talking about his concerns. I lost my dad in March of 2016, I’m older than Corey, my dad’s death was somewhat unexpected but not surprising (if that makes sense), and I was with him at the hospital when he died, and I still could not fathom having to sit there in front of a studio audience and watch videos of my dad talking (and being justly critical of my poor decisions). Granted, I’m a cryer in most circumstances anyway, but I could not have handled anywhere near as gracefully as he did. I think TLC did him wrong on that front.

My dad died in 1985 and I had to mute those scenes.

• Love 4
On 10/24/2019 at 3:33 PM, RealReality said:

If my check bounced or if I hadn't paid....my car would have been taken away.  And this is the rub with any contract or transaction.  When one party breaches, the other party isn't bound by the contractual terms.  

Once she ran out of money and couldn't provide the lifestyle she promised, IMO, he wasn't bound to honor the contract either. 

The whole arrangement is probably kinda gross to people who marry for love and I think thats reasonable.  I just don't think that this was that kind of marriage.  I think it was more like buying a man from CarMax. 

I think the difference for me is that she convinced herself he was in love with her.  As delusional as that was.  And he worked hard to convince her of that.  

• Love 1