Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E21: Tell-All Part 1/S01.E22: Tell-All Part 2

Message added by Drogo

FYI - as a Tell All topic, spoilers from social media and otherwise are permitted under spoiler tags.

• Start Topic

On 10/17/2019 at 5:38 PM, Normades said:

I completely agree.  I also don't think Corey is the innocent little Mormon boy he's portraying himself to be.  He's surfed all over the world and a lot of those guys know how to party.  I think he does love Evilyn and she loves him.  They talked about surfing together.  He's not gonna find many sheltered Mormon girls who surf, and I don't think that's what he wants.  They're definitely playing us.

This made me LOL!  Like being a Mormon has anything to do with surfing??  

• Love 2
On 10/24/2019 at 12:41 PM, RealReality said:

I don't agree because I don't think aladin had any obligation to marry Laura out of love and I think she equally used him therefore their marriage was more contractual and transactional.  Onboth sides. 

Laura never loved aladin, she loved his youth and good looks.  These are equally superficial reasons to marry as money.  

She agreed to exchange the promise of financial stability for a guy who was young and hot.  

So, I don't think he is a snake.  I think he is someone who got into a contract and didn't get the benefit of the bargain so he had every right to ditch her.  

She wanted to buy hot, young man.  Then she got mad when she couldn't afford him anymore.  

The notion that Laura tries to float that she loved aladin is pure nonsense.  When we first saw her in Skype she pretty much demanded he take off his shirt and show off the goods.    

Laura liked her sexy arm candy, Aladin, and he appreciated her (assumed) financial independence. Putting aside their financial situation, I think he might've stayed with her if she'd have kept up her beauty regimen. 

There are pictures of them together during her first trip to the ME, and she was cute! Thinner, longer thicker hair, fresh-faced makeup. Happier. 

But as the weeks passed, Laura became heavier and more disheveled every time we saw her. It was probably a combination of menopause, weight gain, withdrawal from alcohol and adjusting to her new surroundings that caused a major depression.

The saddest Laura sighting was on the wedding day when she had to sit in a big platform chair all by herself. She stuck out like a sore sweaty thumb, and I just couldn't help thinking that the party goers were laughing their asses off & totally punking her. She made absolutely no effort to spruce up that day, maybe even do something special with her hair. 

Yes, she's mental, but what an interesting woman to watch. A normal person would see herself on television, edited or not, and decide never to do such a crazy thing. But there she was at the Tell All, pretty much disheveled again and without a slip under her slinky caftan. I feel bad for Laura, but she needs to accept that she's a mature woman, and there's nothing worse than an old fool. 

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I think the difference for me is that she convinced herself he was in love with her.  As delusional as that was.  And he worked hard to convince her of that.  

If she believed that, the fault is with her, not with him.  He was respectful and kind, which is the way anyone should act in a marriage..... contractual or otherwise.  

And I think Laura knew and always knew that this was a marriage based on an exchange of youth and looks for financial stability.  She is whining about love and coming up with tears because she wasnt able to welsh on the contract. 

• Love 5
On 10/14/2019 at 10:16 PM, bichonblitz said:

More like 62 but she's from Canada so I don't know how it works there. 

Finally catching up on the episode now. I was super busy with the election on Monday and I promise I was thinking of the snark  was missing here! 

Lots of people can retire at 55, some lucky people get to retire at 50. I know a lot of people who waited to retire till they were 56, 57, or so because they didn't have the points at age 55 - there's a formula, usually you need 80 or 85 points (depending on workplace) which is the sum of your age plus years of service. Once you reach 80/85 points, you're eligible to retire. CPP kicks in at 65 (in full), though you can take it at age 60 with a reduction, and OAS also starts at 65.

I'm guessing that Laura has a pretty decent pension from her work which allowed her to retire fairly young. I don't know what she did for work, but if she worked for the government she'll have a pretty decent pension. Same if she was a federally regulated employee. 

Edited by Gigglepuff
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, bichonblitz said:

Tiffany saying "That's not an option" regarding him not getting to the U.S. Ok, sweetie, tell the government that. You will let my criminal husband in to this country! Because I'm a delusional, pompous asshole so you better listen to me!

Maybe she can go advise that bland, single mother who had the criminal husband in the UK. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

There are pictures of them together during her first trip to the ME, and she was cute! Thinner, longer thicker hair

but obviously FAKE-as-DARCEY's hair! Aladin must have been stunned when he met her in person. 

• Love 4
On 10/23/2019 at 8:39 PM, Mothra said:

It is embarrassing that most of us here in the states know only our own language, but in fairness, English has for decades been the language of international trade, scholarly research, etc.  For a while it was German; for centuries it was Latin.  I am not a world traveler by any means, but nearly everyone I encountered in the few countries I've visited spoke English, and very good English at that.  It's hard for me to sympathize with the "you're in America, speak English folks"--we should all be exposed to more Spanish at the very least!

The other thing is that European countries are so much smaller geographically that they really do have to--and probably can't help--learning each other's languages.  If you could travel the equivalent mileage of California to the east coast speaking the same language but in Europe, that would give you less incentive to learn other languages too.

But it's still shameful that Americans who are marrying someone who speaks another language can't be bothered to learn how to talk with The Love of My Life.

100% agreed, and I'm Canadian. There's no excuse for me not to be French/English bilingual, and I am a little ashamed that I'm not. Where I live, there is quite a bit of French spoken, but English dominates and unfortunately learning French isn't really a necessity. Like you, I'm flabbergasted by the people who can't be bothered to learn the language of their fiance/spouse. 

• Love 4

I haven't read this whole post yet, so maybe you've talked about it, but did it seem like there was something going on between Ronald and Tiffany that Shawn wasn't picking up on? The editors seemed to, but Shawn is so not tuned into this show. I think she just goes by her stack of question cards that somebody hands her, looks shocked when things go south because she doesn't know how to take advantage of it and redirect the interviews, and clearly doesn't watch the show herself. Anyway, Tiffany and her mother both looked very upset the entire time they were doing their individual interviews. Shawn should have put the cards down and asked, is something going on? Has something happened between then and now that we don't know about?

• Love 6
On 10/25/2019 at 11:27 AM, RealReality said:

Laura's version of a "normal couple dispute" is probably way more serious than she lets on. 

When Aladin says he gave her many chances to change, I think he’s referring to her reckless behavior (intent to make wine - illegal) and refusing to dress or behave according to the country’s rules.  Because she’s a STRONG WOMAN, you know.

If she’s caught defying these laws/rules, he could end up in jail too.  He said they’re not in his country or hers, but no one would listen to him.

That’s what puts me more on his side; I wouldn’t risk being held accountable for this stubborn hag’s actions.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, RealReality said:

If she believed that, the fault is with her, not with him.  He was respectful and kind, which is the way anyone should act in a marriage..... contractual or otherwise.  

And I think Laura knew and always knew that this was a marriage based on an exchange of youth and looks for financial stability.  She is whining about love and coming up with tears because she wasnt able to welsh on the contract. 

Whatever the case, I just can't get on the Aladin love train.  He was out of the marriage quick when the money ran out. He's no gentleman.

• Love 4
On 10/23/2019 at 7:06 PM, Barbara Please said:

If you’re under retirement age and on a disability pension, there are rules and conditions in order to continue getting it. According to Laura, she is only 52 so we’ll before actual cpp benefits would kick in

OH! Thanks for the info. I would never have guessed Laura to be 52, and somehow I don't understand what 'pension' she'd be on unless she took an early pension from work, and that wouldn't be cut. Maybe she's lying about her age? If she is on disability, then by all means she shouldn't be galavanting around the world on others' dimes.

• Love 2
On 10/22/2019 at 12:20 AM, Spike said:

Isn’t uncontrollable laughter at inappropriate times a sign of mental illness?  Like he can’t let himself feel what he really wants to feel (anger, sadness, disappointment) so he channels it into guffawing?  He doesn’t seem mature enough to date, so I hope he doesn’t.

I think he's just laughing because he has been proven right.  He noticed the patterns in Laura's past relationships and tried to warn her.  I can understand the laugh.

• Love 4

I think the fact that Laura's own son laughs at her and derides her on national TV should at least create a rebuttable presumption that something is very very wrong with her.  

The people who should be the closest to her in life seem to have a strong distaste for her.  

As they say, if you meet an asshole in the morning.....you met an asshole.  If you meet assholes all day......you're the asshole.  

Both Jenny and Laura made bad decisions.  But contrast Christina's automatic defense of her mother to Liam laughing at his mother and being outright rude to aladin.  

I'm sure Laura has constantly fed Liam lines about how poorly men treat her.  And then she threw Liam to the wolves, by setting him up.  

• Love 9
On 10/26/2019 at 10:39 PM, Teri313 said:

I haven't read this whole post yet, so maybe you've talked about it, but did it seem like there was something going on between Ronald and Tiffany that Shawn wasn't picking up on? The editors seemed to, but Shawn is so not tuned into this show. I think she just goes by her stack of question cards that somebody hands her, looks shocked when things go south because she doesn't know how to take advantage of it and redirect the interviews, and clearly doesn't watch the show herself. Anyway, Tiffany and her mother both looked very upset the entire time they were doing their individual interviews. Shawn should have put the cards down and asked, is something going on? Has something happened between then and now that we don't know about?

One thing that bothered me with the comments Tiffany made was the fact that she  brought  up things like the bachelor party and was so outraged. Yet when it happened she was upset but was forgiving. Now it’s all thrown back in his face. If it bothered her so much she should have  postponed or canceled the wedding . 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, iwasish said:

One thing that bothered me with the comments Tiffany made was the fact that she  brought  up things like the bachelor party and was so outraged. Yet when it happened she was upset but was forgiving. Now it’s all thrown back in his face. If it bothered her so much she should have  postponed or canceled the wedding . 

I wondered if it was the first time she was actually seeing the stripper and Ronald interact. It's one thing to hear that there was a stripper at the bachelor party, but another to watch your fiance interacting with her. And it was pretty nasty. I also hope that Daniel didn't see it, but of course he will some day if he hasn't already, so I can see her being really pissed about that. That's why I wish Shawn had gone off script and asked her. But I agree that for the most part, she's a ball buster and if she can't work on HERSELF and try to find ways to trust him, yeah, she should never have married him. 

Edited by Teri313
Fixed a typo
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think the fact that Laura's own son laughs at her and derides her on national TV should at least create a rebuttable presumption that something is very very wrong with her. 

Well...I don't think Liam is all that socially aware or comforable.  I think he's someone who has depended on his mother his entire life--and will continue to do so.  That laughter was inappropriate and sometimes from embarrassment (IMO).

On 10/27/2019 at 8:23 PM, Chalby said:

If she is on disability, then by all means she shouldn't be galavanting around the world on others' dimes.

I think she's from Canada, but if she were American, it would be Social Security Disability and her own dimes...that she paid into the system for decades.

• Love 4
On 10/26/2019 at 12:14 PM, greeneyedscorpio said:

This made me LOL!  Like being a Mormon has anything to do with surfing??  

Does Normades think there are no "sheltered Mormon girls" in Southern California...or the many other countries that have surfing?  Girls just wanna have fun.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I wondered if it was the first time she was actually seeing the stripper and Ronald interact. It's one thing to hear that there was a stripper at a bachelor party, but another to watch your fiance interacting with her. And it was pretty nasty. I also hope that Daniel didn't see it, but of course he will some day if he hasn't already, so I can see her being really pissed about that. That's why I wish Shawn had gone off script and asked her. But I agree that for the most part, she's a ball buster and if she can't work on HERSELF and try to find ways to trust him, yeah, she should never have married him. 

@Teri1313..I think Tiffany hates Ronald and is rethinking the whole marriage thing.. she should, for at least  Daniel's sake.. enough of the DAD thing.. stay in Maryland

• Love 2

There's an awful lot that bugs me about these tell-all/nothings, but the one thing that strikes me at the surface for all of them is, what is with the long, lingering 'meaningful' looks that take place after someone asks a question?  I swear for one of these episodes, 10 minutes total was wasted on 'long, meaningful looks' that added nothing to the conversation.

The questions are already weak enough, but the staring off into space (and I bet most of those didn't even take place when the answer was delivered, but were edited in) just makes the whole thing a big joke.

• Love 8
On 10/29/2019 at 4:13 AM, HaaCHOO said:

Does Normades think there are no "sheltered Mormon girls" in Southern California...or the many other countries that have surfing?  Girls just wanna have fun.

No I just thought that hanging out in swimsuits or even tight wet suits would probably be an issue for someone who was sheltered and ultra religious.  I guess I was thinking Duggar style Mormons.  (Yes I know the Duggars are not Mormon)  No disrespect to all those surfing Mormon gals and dudes out there. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Perhaps you were thinking Sister Wives Mormons?

Right, fundamentalist Mormon women who follow modesty rules with how they dress, e.g., arms covered. The Browns started out that way, but they seems to have strayed a bit as they became "celebrities."

• Love 2
On 10/16/2019 at 7:12 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

We could have an entire show of Jihoon in NYC or Pennsyltucky and it would be more entertaining than the Tell All/Tell Nothing show.  

I think Shaun does not ask the hard questions because she wants to keep the cast members from storming off stage whenever they are asked a hard question as in a "how could anyone NOT ask that question" question.  Every time a cast member stomps off stage it holds up production and costs money so the producers probably want to take it easy on the "What the fuck is wrong with you people," type of obvious questions.

That said, the cast should not be paid until after the tell all and give bonuses for divulging really good dirt.

As a proud (Eastern) Pennsylvanian I take umbrage (not joking here) at "Pennsyltucky." 

Shaun is not so good at ad-libbing when opportunity knocks. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2019 at 5:49 PM, Gigglepuff said:

Finally catching up on the episode now. I was super busy with the election on Monday and I promise I was thinking of the snark  was missing here! 

Lots of people can retire at 55, some lucky people get to retire at 50. I know a lot of people who waited to retire till they were 56, 57, or so because they didn't have the points at age 55 - there's a formula, usually you need 80 or 85 points (depending on workplace) which is the sum of your age plus years of service. Once you reach 80/85 points, you're eligible to retire. CPP kicks in at 65 (in full), though you can take it at age 60 with a reduction, and OAS also starts at 65.

I'm guessing that Laura has a pretty decent pension from her work which allowed her to retire fairly young. I don't know what she did for work, but if she worked for the government she'll have a pretty decent pension. Same if she was a federally regulated employee. 

I live in Canada and turned 60 (today). I've worked fulltime for 35 years, and although I could conceivably collect CPP, the monthly amount would barely cover a few utility bills. I'll have to work until I'm 65, and even then the monthly pension won't be much. If Laura was able to comfortably retire at her age, she is luckier than almost all of us.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The same here about not having a lot of income when on pension.  My Social Security is going to be cut about 40% because I will have a small amount of "private pension" coming in (Windfall Provision Act-as if I have anything that could be considered a 'windfall').  Retirement pensions are not necessarily all that people think they are.  However, with Social Security, if one takes it before reaching the appropriate age, one can only earn up to a certain amount and then Social Security will start deducting from the Soc. Sec. payments.  So, Laura may be on an early pension and then they counted her income from TLC against her pension and then cut her monthly pension amount in response to her extra income.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, LadyK said:

Like other posters, I am bewildered by the heat directed at Aladin. While true he probably has ulterior motives, he seems to be decent and kind.  He treated her and her obnoxious son well, despite their behaviour.  I don’t know how Laura could expect to flout the traditions and customs of the country to which she chose to move, without some backlash.  Bored?  

Great comment. I do not think Aladin is that 'into' Laura, but I agree that he tried to appear respectful while the cameras were rolling. He is not my favourite participant (in fact, none of them are). I was even more appalled at her efforts to shame him, either by telling the world he was crap in bed, bringing ridiculous (meaning purple) sex toys, or by implying she needed to make homemade wine. Who does this?

Even if it was just for tv, I am sure I was not the only one who was squirming with embarrassment at her behaviour. This is not good tv, and it doesn't even remotely appear like reality. What 30 year old would want to marry her, UNLESS they were offered something in return? I truly believe they came to some sort of business agreement, and she reneged. That's why he's so angry and looked like he wished her dead. He gambled and lost.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

That's a good point about her TLC income.  If she was a US citizen and between 62-66.x her SS would be cut, as she is an "early" retiree.  Not sure about Canada's deal.

You've made me curious enough to investigate further (lol, I need a hobby). I will get back to you when I know for sure. Because I have paid into my pension throughout my career, I've always received my yearly summary indicating how much I would receive if I retired at age a) b) or c). Once retired, it's mine to keep. I could retire from my profession, and then find another job but not have my pension be cut. The only time making extra money is a bad idea is when you have to pay the taxman for going up a financial level.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:37 AM, seacliffsal said:

The same here about not having a lot of income when on pension.  My Social Security is going to be cut about 40% because I will have a small amount of "private pension" coming in (Windfall Provision Act-as if I have anything that could be considered a 'windfall').  

Okay, I finally 'get it'. We are referring to government pension, correct? Definitely, if taxpayers are paying for someone's retirement needs, definitely any extra money they receive should be docked from the gov't allotment. 

• Love 1
On 10/29/2019 at 1:05 AM, HaaCHOO said:

I think she's from Canada, but if she were American, it would be Social Security Disability and her own dimes...that she paid into the system for decades.

Quick question - To collect disability, do you have to pay into it? I was under the impression that one may collect disability if a condition prevents one from working. If that is the case, who pays for disability?

Edited by Chalby
On 10/28/2019 at 6:57 AM, Anduril said:

I think he's just laughing because he has been proven right.  He noticed the patterns in Laura's past relationships and tried to warn her.  I can understand the laugh.

Didn't Liam also point out that he was laughing because the dogs were going crazy every time they heard Laura's voice. All I could hear were the dogs barking, and Liam snide comment that he'll be waiting at their home, looking after HER dogs.

On 10/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, RealReality said:

11. He doesn't run into a dog house or threatens to jump into a river of shit

THANK YOU for the laugh! I forgot all about this scene until I read your post. I am still giggling...

• LOL 2
On 10/23/2019 at 7:02 AM, Jel said:

Even with the gambling addiction, Ronald is still the "catch" of the bunch.  He's so sweet and supportive with that awesome little boy. I like that he has a backbone. He acknowledges his mistakes. I see potential in him.

Despite his "addiction(s)" I liked Ronald as much as Jihoon. My heart goes out to Ronald because I think the marriage and pregnancy gave him a new lease on life, and something to work towards. (I often tell my first-born that he changed my life for the better.) So Tiffany's decision to shut Ronald out bothered me immensely. He may mess up, or he may not, but when your wife is dwelling on the past and telling the world she will never trust you, well... what does he have to lose? I can't stand Tiffany's attitude and I would LOVE to know what the hell he did to her - personally. She keeps alluding to his past actions, w/o sharing what happened. Did she lend him $5,000 which he gambled? Unless you share what the true issue is, Tiffany, shut the f**k up.  Lastly, I know many people who've made very bad decisions while young (late teens/ early twenties) and they grew into wonderful, productive people - so I refuse to write Ronald off completely.

• Love 6
On 10/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, hookedontv said:

Well, we know Timothy and Jenny will NEVER (ever ever nope-not-gonna-happen) have sex. 

Edited by Chalby
I deleted my response because I misread comment

I don't think pension benefits (i.e., money you receive from a company where you worked that had their own retirement/401(k) plans) can be reduced simply because you find another job.  I'm less sure about your social security, although technically if you have reached a certain age you have EARNED those benefits and they shouldn't be cut.  Disability, obviously, is income dependent.  Laura has not reached that age and that might have an effect (affect - I always get those two mixed up) on what she can draw (although does she draw US Social Security if she spent most of her working years in Canada?).  

• Love 1

Ronald and Tiffany seem like the most likeable couple to me and I think they really love each other. People are being rather hard on Ronald for having a gambling addiction. People CAN change and he now has a family to take care of.  Maybe they could find another country - safer than South Africa - to live in (such as Canada). It is also not too far from Tiffany's family.

Evelin is the least likeable character. Corey sold his home, care and invested his life savings in a business in Ecuador and Evelin does not even intend to marry him. She is also superficial. Corey should look for a new woman in the US.

• Love 3

The thing is that Daniel is only 8 years old and it seems he does not have his biological father in his life. He probably has developed a relationship with Ronald via Skype and like any young boy, he wants a father in his life. Personally, I think it is admirable of Ronald to wholeheartedly love and accept Daniel as his son. He is married to his mother and they have another child together so it is not a short-term arrangement. If Daniel thinks of Ronald as his dad, the only dad he likely knows, then what's wrong with that? He's still young enough to be fathered.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Doucette said:

The thing is that Daniel is only 8 years old and it seems he does not have his biological father in his life. He probably has developed a relationship with Ronald via Skype and like any young boy, he wants a father in his life. Personally, I think it is admirable of Ronald to wholeheartedly love and accept Daniel as his son. He is married to his mother and they have another child together so it is not a short-term arrangement. If Daniel thinks of Ronald as his dad, the only dad he likely knows, then what's wrong with that? He's still young enough to be fathered.

is there gonna be a new show tonight?

On 11/2/2019 at 1:42 PM, Doucette said:

Ronald and Tiffany seem like the most likeable couple to me and I think they really love each other. People are being rather hard on Ronald for having a gambling addiction. People CAN change and he now has a family to take care of.  Maybe they could find another country - safer than South Africa - to live in (such as Canada). It is also not too far from Tiffany's family.

Evelin is the least likeable character. Corey sold his home, care and invested his life savings in a business in Ecuador and Evelin does not even intend to marry him. She is also superficial. Corey should look for a new woman in the US.

People can change and people can NOT change.  Nothing, absolutely nothing Ronald has done has shown that he has any interest in changing.  

Has he made amends with his previous employer over embezzling money?  Or did he blackmail the man into dropping charges against him and then basically pat himself on the back for it? 

Has he shown any humility or did he immediately become defensive and deflect when his addictionS were brought up?

Has he admitted any fault for being caught with LSD or is he still floating the ridiculous story that it was his friends jacket?

I think that people can change....but saying it doesn't make it so.  Ronald hasnt shown any accountability and has barely taken responsibility for anything. He hasn't shown a great deal of growth and he managed to be likeable to a child who was primped and primed to like him by his mother. 

But, I 100% agree that he should not come to the United States.  If Canada will have them they should go there because that means we are also rid of Tiffany.....win and win.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2
On 11/2/2019 at 1:51 PM, Doucette said:

The problem will be when an adoring eight year old becomes a recaltricant teenager who triggers Ronald's angry feelings ....and Ronald....who has a history of eschewing any responsibility for his behavior lets his anger and annoyance fly.  

Ronald has flashed anger pretty easily when Tiffany "forgot" her purse.  I wonder what his anger will look like to a person with even less power and maturity than Tiffany?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

There is no way Tiffany will qualify to move to Canada, and Ronald certainly won't either.   Canada has very strict financial guidelines for immigration that a few people I know couldn't meet.     I'm hoping we never see Ronald again.     I feel sorry for Daniel, but T & R not a bit.  

Another factor is the I don't think Tiffany forgot her purse, she deliberately left it behind because she wanted to show Ronald she's in charge.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 11/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, Chalby said:

You've made me curious enough to investigate further (lol, I need a hobby). I will get back to you when I know for sure. Because I have paid into my pension throughout my career, I've always received my yearly summary indicating how much I would receive if I retired at age a) b) or c). Once retired, it's mine to keep. I could retire from my profession, and then find another job but not have my pension be cut. The only time making extra money is a bad idea is when you have to pay the taxman for going up a financial level.

Okay, I finally 'get it'. We are referring to government pension, correct? Definitely, if taxpayers are paying for someone's retirement needs, definitely any extra money they receive should be docked from the gov't allotment. 

I have paid into Social Security and received the annual statements about what I would receive based upon what my contributions have been over my entire working life (both employees and employers pay into Social Security [6.7% or something like that each]), so imagine my surprise that because I have some retirement coming in from another pension plan (in which both myself and my employers paid), my Social Security benefit is cut forever.  Social Security is a system in which employees and employers contribute and is held in a trust (except for when Congress wants to borrow against it...) until we can start collecting it back at retirement.  I do not know about Canadian retirements, but when Laura stated that her pension had been cut I just assumed it was because she earned over the allowable limit when one collects Social Security early (as another poster wrote-one can start receiving it at 62, but it's greatly reduced at that point [17% I believe]).

I think Laura really played up her financial independence to Aladin which led to certain expectations on his part.  If I were to marry (which I never did), I would certainly look into the financial situation of the other person.  I have friends who never did so and then found themselves having to use their incomes to pay down the debts of their new spouses.  One friend even ended up paying for her own engagement ring as she didn't realize that it was part of her new husband's accumulated debt.  I don't judge Aladin if he considered her income as I think it's a wise thing to do when marrying.  I think most of the foreign fiances are quite shocked when they find out the reality of the American's income (yes, there are many Americans who were honest-Mark, Russ, Loren, etc.).  

• Love 4
On 11/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, RealReality said:

The problem will be when an adoring eight year old becomes a recaltricant teenager who triggers Ronald's

I feel nervous any time a child is being introduced to a step-parent. There's so much at stake and how issues are dealt with is paramount to any success. I recall a friend telling her new hubby that one day her 7 yr old son will reach his teens, be less adorable and loving and may even tell step-dad that he 'hates him' or point out that he's 'not his dad' anyway. Sure enough, at 15 during an argument the son blurted that step dad should keep out of his business because he wasn't his dad. My friend's hubby answered, "That may be true, but you ARE my son and I love you so I will not mind my business". Years later her boy still brings that interaction up as a reason he admires his 'dad'.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

I feel nervous any time a child is being introduced to a step-parent. There's so much at stake and how issues are dealt with is paramount to any success. I recall a friend telling her new hubby that one day her 7 yr old son will reach his teens, be less adorable and loving and may even tell step-dad that he 'hates him' or point out that he's 'not his dad' anyway. Sure enough, at 15 during an argument the son blurted that step dad should keep out of his business because he wasn't his dad. My friend's hubby answered, "That may be true, but you ARE my son and I love you so I will not mind my business". Years later her boy still brings that interaction up as a reason he admires his 'dad'.

I think thats an amazing story, and how lucky for everyone involved that he was a stand up guy.  

What I've seen of Ronald is that when he gets annoyed or is challenged/confronted he responds with anger.  This makes me think that if he is put in the same position with a 15 year old Daniel, he won't respond as amazingly as your friends husband did. 

• Love 6

We binged The whole 20 episodes and tell all’s in a short time frame to get caught up with this season. Sorry to be behind the curve.

Im about a third of the way through this combined tell-all thread, but I need to say stuff before my addled brain forgets them. I may have to adjust when I’m done reading. Anyway:

Trying not to repeat stuff people have said, but:

Tiff and Ronald: Totally agree this was a plan all along. Completely broke in a foreign country with no employment prospects for either. Yes, let’s get knocked up. All the excuses to leave SA were painfully obvious setups for “reasons” they have to live in US.

Tiff is such a haughty 16 year old know it all. She talks down to everyone. I do not understand how this morbidly obese, bare shouldered makeup machine gets the gravitas to talk to everyone the way she does. And while Ronald is his own bag of shit, I wonder if he really thought that Tiff agreeing to stay with him and support him included the fact he was required to hang on the cross and bleed during her daily repetition of everything she has to deal with because of him. She’s friggin horrible.

Corey and Ev. From the beginning I thought they were a set up. I still think much of their deal is something they were in on from the beginning. Did anyone ever comment oh the huge sign next to the cocktail bar during the renovation with Corey and Evs pictures on it? Obvious reason to be on TV. Her cold snake act just seems like a put on. Half the time she’s laughing when she says those things. And is it physically possible to be as dim and helpless as Corey? I was emotional at his Dads death, though. And it’s funny to me that so many people Rag on Evs looks because they hate her so much. Her figure is incredible, just impossible, and most men anywhere would get dizzy if she talked to them, and her face continues to be close to model -level even with absolutely zero makeup. I can’t imagine if she was prepped for a real movie role or something.

Jihoon and Goth Girl- this couple simply doesn’t bother me at all. Jihoon is a hoot and after the girl got over her pregnancy emotional outbursts, I liked her too. They are cute together, and she’s another one that’s very attractive, except for the awful thigh tattoos. She has a lot of different looks, but the dark hair, dramatic makeup look can be stunning. Seriously needs a teeth whitening.

Laura and Bad Sex Muslim- this was a simple financial transaction. Great looking Muslim man looking for Sugar Mommy with deep purse. Another fat old white lady searching for young stud. She punches 3 levels above her weight class while Muslim gets paid. Muslim puts up with horrific repeated public examples of disrespect, included the embarrassing sex insults that no man would put up with, let alone a Muslim man. Fat old lady runs out of money. Muslim guy runs. No shit, Sherlock.

One more thing. I’ve been shocked at the complete pass this creep Liam has received the entire season. I’ve read people fawning about how wonderful he is. I thought from his opening scene with that half-crazed 24 hour grin that he was at a minimum a jerk, maybe psychologically broken and at worst dangerous. Turns out he’s a pathologically developmentally disabled child who could not get past not being Mommys full time only baby. His maniacal leering smile and laugh while dancing on his Mother’s tears at the tell-all made him the most revolting character on this series in years for me. He look like a psychopath torturing pets in the basement.

Pole. Not sure what else can be said, but I still don’t understand how she can talk to other American men on the phone constantly and when he asks her about it she tells him to f-ck off and he is made out as some sort of abuser. She is not blameless.

Jenny From the Block and Submit. I’ll go against the grain and say her helpless, delusional dope act doesn’t bother me. She accepted his catfishing and lies from day one, and while most normal people would run upon hearing he was married, I think the fact it’s arranged and he has stayed with her this many years tells me there’s actually something between those two. Him going on TV to force the issue makes sense, too. What does she have to lose staying with him now... other prospects? Lol. And I think her 6 months there were not a total disaster. She probably had the best 5 months of her life.

And call me weird, but the lesbian daughter has a lot of different looks, most not great, but she’s got some scenes that make her positively crazy hot looking, particularly with the red Tell All makeup treatment. Maybe once or twice, I think. And not telling your friends about it.

Edited by SG11
  • Love 1

Tiffany and mother Maggie  -  stop bashing Ronald all day every day !!  He is continuously proving himself to you, and never do I hear anybody ever praise him.  Tiffany sits there saying she will never trust him completely - well she should leave Ronald in peace and find herself another man who  she can treat like a verbal punchbag.   I feel so sorry for little Daniel because Tiffany allows him to be torn between USA / S. Africa.  I feel even more sorry for their baby who was conceived in S. Africa, then Tiffany changed her mind about having her husband and 2 children together and toddles back to USA.      

Ronald, you're doing a brilliant job, try to keep positive even though your wife and mother-in-law continuously pull you down.  👍