Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I'm on dad's side, and have no pity for Lynsey, she's a sly, rude piece of work. The number of times that she has accused people of assault is disgusting. People's lives are ruined by false accusations, but it's all about Lynsey. She probably got pregnant when she found out her child's father was pre-med. I'm glad the father saw through her early on. She's going to pull this on the wrong person, and it won't turn out so well for her!

Karma's a bitch.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 4

I am so glad that Robin told us how angry she was at the end of today's show because I surely would not be able to read it in her frozen face. It was interesting to see the kind of women who actually want their faces to look like Robin's, though.

• Love 2

I was so pissed off by yesterday's episode and that family losing their child. The guy who interrogated them should be fucking fired. He wasn't trying to get information, he was just trying to advance his "look, I caught a child abuser" agenda. I'm glad Dr Phil said "people should not be afraid to take their child to the ER," but I know I might think twice if it's not something serious, knowing that there are quick-draw shitheads out there who would take a child away for no reason.

• Love 1

I'm not going to criticize anyone's choices about their appearance, but I really wish Robin would just mention that she's had work done. I mean, it doesn't even undermine her skin cream business. She still has a decent skin texture, which she could put down to her unguents.

It is just so blatant that nothing but lifts, botox and fillers could possibly create the smooth, full effect she has going on. It's completely ridiculous to suggest otherwise, and she might actually sell more of her whatever cream just being honest - she'd certainly get more respect. Everyone knows. There's nothing wrong with having work done. It's fine.

It was even more awkward than usual when that fan lampshaded it this episode.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm not going to criticize anyone's choices about their appearance, but I really wish Robin would just mention that she's had work done. I mean, it doesn't even undermine her skin cream business. She still has a decent skin texture, which she could put down to her unguents.

It is just so blatant that nothing but lifts, botox and fillers could possibly create the smooth, full effect she has going on. It's completely ridiculous to suggest otherwise, and she might actually sell more of her whatever cream just being honest - she'd certainly get more respect. Everyone knows. There's nothing wrong with having work done. It's fine.

It was even more awkward than usual when that fan lampshaded it this episode.

ITA. It would be so easy to say that her skincare line enhances or compliments her fillers/cosmetic surgery. No one really cares but she would at least be credible.

I have never found Robin to be an attractive woman. I can judge because I am no beauty myself. I give Robin credit for keeping herself in shape and making the most of what she has.

ETA: Robin is a giddy school girl one minute and then is the spokesperson for something the next. I hope that she gives up the excited school girl persona at the same time that she admits to cosmetic surgery.

Edited by Showthyme
  • Love 3

The Dr. Phub people changed the format of their weekly newsletter email and it no longer says if episodes are new or not. Some of these episodes listed as coming up make me think of episode summaries I've read before recently.

Monday - March 7, 2016

"I’m Living In A 'Mancesssion!' My Lazy, Underachieving Husband Refuses To Get A Job!"

Chelsie says she’s frustrated because her husband, T.J., has not held a job in the two years they have been married. She says after working all day, she comes home and spends two to three hours cleaning up after T.J. and their baby, doing laundry, cooking and cleaning. Chelsie says she loves her husband, but she is beyond stressed feeling the weight of having to financially take care of their family all on her own – and says she can’t take it any longer! T.J. says that part of the reason he can’t get a job is because he has to watch their 22-month-old daughter while Chelsie is at work. After speaking with Dr. Phil, will this couple commit to making changes in order to save their marriage?

Tuesday - March 8, 2016

"Our Handsome, Charismatic Son is a Devil-Problem Child"

Julie and Paul call their 22-year-old son, Brandon, “their handsome, charismatic, devil-problem child,” and say they fear he could kill them in a fit of rage -- a threat they claim he’s expressed daily since he was 10. Brandon’s parents also say he’s been in and out of metal hospitals since he was 11 years old for behavioral issues, including, they say, hoarding lighters and starting fires and threatening to kill students and teachers at school. Julie and Paul say every way they have tried to get Brandon help has not worked, and they don’t know what to do anymore. Brandon acknowledges he has problems with his temper, but says his parents make it worse by provoking him and being verbally abusive. Why does he say he resents his parents? See what Julie and Paul said that led to Brandon walking off stage! And, find out what Dr. Phil has to say to these parents. Plus, Sheri says after seeing a photo of herself at her daughter’s wedding, she knew she needed to change her life. See how she looks now after losing an astonishing 128 pounds, plus learn what she did to lose the weight.

Wednesday - March 9, 2016

"Dr. Phil, You Saved Me Once, Can You Save Me Again? Now I'm Addicted To A Raging Husband & My Kids Are Paying The Price!"

Lexi first appeared on Dr. Phil in 2003 because she was battling a dangerous addiction to ephedrine and credits Dr. Phil with saving her life. Now, 13 years later, she’s asking for Dr. Phil’s help again, scared that she traded her addiction to drugs and alcohol for an addiction to her rage-filled husband of five years, Jared. Lexi says she’s been afraid of Jared’s volatile temper and violent behavior since day one, but knows that behind the anger is her knight in shining armor. Lexi says her biggest fear, damaging her two young daughters, is coming true. Hear what she says happened to her oldest daughter months after they moved in with Jared. Jared admits he has an anger problem and says that severe abuse and molestation he experienced in his childhood, along with some bad experiences as a firefighter, have left him with anger and mood swings he doesn’t know how to control, even in front of their children. Can Dr. Phil help repair this shattered marriage? And, do their problems go deeper than just a badly behaved husband?

Thursday - March 10, 2016

"My Daughter is Obsessed with Being the Black Sheep: Is She Mentally Ill or a Drama Queen?"

Kim claims her teenage daughter, Taylor, thrives on attention -- any way she can get it. She claims Taylor has stolen her credit cards, spent thousands of dollars on lavish shopping sprees for her friends and says she frequently lies on social media, including posts about being pregnant, dropping out of school, getting arrested and even about gruesome suicide attempts. Kim claims Taylor is obsessed with social media, and says she’s invited strangers, including an older man, to stay at their home. Kim says her life revolves around worrying about her daughter, and she fears that mental illness may be the cause for her outrageous behavior. Taylor’s older sister, Paige, says she thinks her sister is just “spoiled rotten.” What does Taylor say? And, hear her reaction when Dr. Phil reveals a Facebook post that Taylor thought was hidden. Plus, Kim’s husband says he’d “rather go fishing” than help parent his teen daughters. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s reaction.

Friday - March 11, 2016

"My Husband Convinced Me to Sign a Postnup, but I Want It Thrown Out!"

Karie claims her husband of eight years, Michael, won’t live in the same house with her, refuses to support her financially, and even bullied her into signing a postnuptial agreement which entitles her to zero spousal support should they divorce. Michael denies bullying Karie into signing the postnup and claims he’s just trying to protect his estate and help them avoid expensive legal fees should they ever terminate their marriage. He claims Karie should understand since she broke his trust by cheating in the past. Karie says she’s tired of feeling pushed around, but wants to stay married to Michael because she feels “old and not pretty enough” to find someone new. And, she and their children, Kristina and Eric, desperately hope Michael will toss out the postnup — whether they stay together or not. Estate planning attorney Ann Margaret Carrozza weighs in on this couple’s options. Is their postnup legally binding? And, can Dr. Phil help this family find enough trust to work through their problems? Will Michael throw out the postnup?

I despise when people go on the show and compliment Robin's smooth and wrinkle-free face and tell her how good the cream she sells is. Are they freakin kidding? I see nothing but botox and fillers on her face and it legit bothers me when people want to go out and buy the cream because they think the cream magically takes away the wrinkles lol. 

I also hate when it's so obvious that Phil knows the lie detector results from the beginning of the episode. You can always tell because he is a jerk to them from the start 

• Love 3

Monday - March 14, 2016

“My Ex Is a Terrible Parent and a Danger To Our Children”

Chris claims his ex-wife, Kelly, is completely unfit to be a mother and is constantly placing their two young daughters in harm’s way. Chris says Kelly’s “look-the-other-way” parenting style disgusts him and forced him to sell his business and move thousands of miles in a desperate attempt to save his daughters from their own mother. Chris claims his ex allowed their oldest daughter to be intimate with a convicted 28-year-old sex offender when she was 14, and he gives Dr. Phil video evidence that Kelly allowed their underage and unlicensed daughter to take her mother’s car in the middle of winter. Kelly says she is not a perfect parent, but asks if Chris is such a good father, why was he investigated by the state department of Health and Human Services after his daughter accused him of abusing her both physically and sexually? Chris admits he used a belt to discipline his girls, but says their mom coached them to make it appear much worse than it was, and he adamantly denies any sexual misconduct involving his daughter. Plus, how does Chris, who says all the accusations against him have been created by his ex in order to further alienate him from his daughters, react to Dr. Phil’s conversation with Chris’ daughter?

Tuesday - March 15, 2016

“I Killed Mom”: A Daughter’s Confession and Shocking Picture She Texted Dad

On Thanksgiving Day 2013, the Hutson family’s celebration turned deadly. While Donald Hutson was out shopping the Black Friday sales, he had no idea his home was being turned into a horrifying and gruesome murder scene. His 19-year-old daughter, Rachel, fatally shot her own mother. She then called her father to confess to the crime, and when he didn’t believe her, she texted him a photo of her mother’s body. Rachel's lawyers say she had a history of mental illness that had gone undiagnosed for years. Did the added stress of caring for her ailing mother push her to snap? Or, did she have a different motive? Now, Rachel is speaking out in an exclusive interview. Will it finally be revealed what caused her to commit this unthinkable crime? And later, Rachel comes face to face with her family for the first time since she was sentenced.

Wednesday - March 16, 2016

Surrogate Mother Convicted for Scamming Couple out of Thousands with Fake Pregnancy

Audrey made headlines and landed behind bars for running a surrogacy scam, by pretending to be pregnant and conning couples out of thousands of dollars. The 36-year-old mother of four was convicted of two charges of theft, one charge of identity theft and two charges of using a computer to commit a crime. Now, on Dr. Phil’s stage, she comes face to face with one of the couples, Peter and Cheniya, who say Audrey not only stole their money, but shattered their dreams of parenthood. Hear how they say they reacted when they learned there was no baby. And, with Audrey sentenced to 20 days in jail, two years of probation and ordered to pay $10,500 in restitution to the victims, Peter and Cheniya say they believe she only got a slap on the wrist. Hear why they say the punishment doesn’t fit the crime. How does Audrey respond? Tune in to this emotional Dr. Phil.

Thursday - March 17, 2016

"My Son-in-Law is Selfish, Angry, Disrespectful and Entitled"

Marilyn says she’s fed up with her son-in-law Adam, who she calls “irresponsible,” “hot-tempered,” “verbally-abusive,” “entitled,” and a “cheater.” She says she’s tired of what she calls Adam’s disrespectful attitude toward her and her daughter, Miranda, and claims that his reckless spending and inability to take care of his family make him a “poor excuse for a husband.” With Miranda and her four children living under her roof, Marilyn claims she’s constantly bailing Miranda and Adam out of financial hardship while Adam continues to spend money on cars, motorcycles, tattoos, guns and other “toys.” But are her accusations founded? Adam strongly denies Marilyn’s claims, says he’s a good dad and provider for his family. He says he’s tired of being judged and wants Marilyn to mind her own business. But with Adam currently banned from Marilyn’s house, how does Miranda feel? Find out if Dr. Phil can help heal this fractured family.

Friday - March 18, 2016

An In-Law Ultimatum: “My Beauty Queen Daughter’s Ex-Cop Husband Needs to Get a Job or Get Out of My House!”

Former Miss Kentucky Latina, Daniela, says she’s desperate to resolve the ongoing feud between her mother, Elina, and her husband, Robert. She says that after 20 years on the police force, an arrest-gone-wrong nearly took Robert’s life, and ever since, he’s been retired, living with severe injuries and fighting debilitating symptoms of PTSD. Eight months ago, the couple moved in with Elina and they say it’s been “hell.” Daniela claims Elina is constantly calling Robert “lazy” and “worthless” and encouraging her to divorce him. Elina admits she doesn’t understand PTSD, but says she thinks Robert is just making excuses to be unmotivated, and that he needs to step up and take care of his wife and 4-month-old baby. What does Robert say? And, can Dr. Phil help Elina understand Robert’s condition and create peace in this household?

• Love 1

Very late to even post this, but I'm watching the Mistress and Murder Case episode, and while I do think she is a gold digger, I just have to say I have no time for the plight of the old rich man who is pissed that she used him. I mean, have some accountability for your own actions and your own life. If he's stupid enough to give someone hundreds of thousands of dollars in money and "gifts" you get what you deserve. I feel like I lost brain cells watching that whole mess.

• Love 2

Oh man, today is the rerun of the surrogacy-scam episode. I still cannot BELIEVE how STUPID this couple was, to just show up at a hotel with sperm in a cup and think it's a good idea to just use a turkey baster to stick it in some rando's vagina and trust that 1) she will get pregnant immediately that way (almost zero chance of that, especially if the sperm is over 30 minutes old) and 2) would then be totally cool with just giving away her own biological child with no lawyers involved.

• Love 2

Oh man, today is the rerun of the surrogacy-scam episode. I still cannot BELIEVE how STUPID this couple was, to just show up at a hotel with sperm in a cup and think it's a good idea to just use a turkey baster to stick it in some rando's vagina and trust that 1) she will get pregnant immediately that way (almost zero chance of that, especially if the sperm is over 30 minutes old) and 2) would then be totally cool with just giving away her own biological child with no lawyers involved.

A home study and background check is required when adopting for a reason. There should be some legal consequences for people who circumvent the system in the adoption process, not just for the scamming surrogate. At a minimum, a fine and community service for the adopting parents. 

I don't know if the show covered it, but how did these idiots think that the adoption paperwork would be handled? There are no words to describe the actions of some people.

• Love 1

Shows This Week

Monday - March 21, 2016

Cory Knows Best

Elizabeth, 24, and her boyfriend, Cory, 36, have been together for three years and say they need Dr. Phil’s help before they can get married and spend the rest of their lives together. Cory, who had two children prior to meeting Elizabeth, says when he first met Elizabeth he told her that he is the “king of his castle” and that if she wanted to be “queen,” she has to listen to her “king.” Elizabeth says Cory’s dominant personality is what instantly drew her to him, and after only knowing each other for three weeks, Elizabeth moved into Cory’s home, and she claims that’s when the “Cory knows best” rules started, along with, she alleges, physical and verbal abuse. Cory absolutely denies Elizabeth’s allegations and, according to Cory, when he met Elizabeth, she was an “addicted mess,” and he “saved” her. Cory also claims he had to put strict rules in place to keep her safe and says he’s the best thing to ever happen to Elizabeth. According to Elizabeth, Cory monitors and screens her Facebook page, emails, and phone records. She also claims that he must also approve of her friends – and that she has lost 30 so far – that he doesn’t allow her to talk to any males, and that Cory must pick out Elizabeth’s lingerie. You may be surprised to see what else is on the list of so-called rules. Elizabeth says she is starting to question whether she’s “stupid” for trying to make this relationship work. Cory says if Elizabeth can’t abide by his rules, she’s free to go—so why hasn’t she? Can this relationship be fixed? You won’t want to miss Dr. Phil’s surprising response!

Tuesday - March 22, 2016

The Disappearance of Christina Morris: A Mother’s Obsession with Finding Her Daughter Is Destroying Her Marriage

Jonni’s 23-year-old daughter, Christina Morris, disappeared almost two years ago, after a night out with friends. She was last seen on surveillance video walking into a parking garage with an acquaintance, Enrique Arochi. Just three minutes later, Enrique was seen on that same camera leaving the parking garage alone in his car. Christina has not been seen or heard from since. Although Enrique has denied any involvement in Christina’s disappearance, he was arrested three-and-a-half months later and charged with aggravated kidnapping, after authorities say Christina’s DNA was found in the trunk of his car. Jonni says she has become obsessed with finding her daughter, and it’s destroying her marriage. Jonni says she left her husband, Ronnie, behind and moved from Oklahoma to Texas for eight months to search for her daughter. She says her husband realized her only focus is on finding her daughter, not him or her stepchildren. Jonni says she searched every day for 10-12 hours for her daughter and wanted her husband there with her -- but Ronnie says he works 40-60 hours a week and can’t spend all his time trekking through the woods looking for Christina. But Jonni says she will not stop searching until Christina is found. Can Dr. Phil help this couple get their marriage back on track? And, what happened to Christina? Jonni says she has even gotten on her hands and knees and begged Enrique’s father to talk to his son and have him tell her where her daughter is. Plus, an update on the disappearance of Dylan Redwine, who vanished without a trace almost three years ago. The La Plata County Sheriff’s office named a person of interest in August 2015. Find out who that is. His mother, Elaine, gives us an update on the case.

Wednesday - March 23, 2016

"My Wife is Divorcing Me Because She is Obsessed with a Country Music Star"

Travis says that after eight years of marriage, his wife, Jenna, sent him a text message on her way home from a Kip Moore concert saying that she was “100 percent in love” with the country music star and wanted a divorce. Travis says he thinks Jenna is delusional and claims that she also served him with a protection order and sold all his belongings in a yard sale. Jenna claims Travis has been mentally, verbally and physically abusive, including throwing her to the ground during a fight which resulted in breaking her ribs and puncturing her lung — a claim Travis strongly denies. Jenna says that after a few brief encounters with Kip Moore, she realized that the love she has for Kip is “the kind of love she wants and deserves.” She says she sent the country music singer a 12-page letter professing her love and asking him to give her a chance. But did he respond? Hear what Dr. Phil thinks may be driving Jenna’s infatuation with the country music artist. Plus, Jenna’s best friend Amanda is married to Travis’ brother and says she feels caught in the middle. Hear what Amanda thinks about Jenna’s “relationship” with Kip and with Travis. Can this marriage be saved? Plus, a special message from Kip Moore. Will Jenna get the answer she’s hoping for?

Thursday - March 24, 2016

Adopted Twin Beaten, Strangled, Starved and Locked in a Room: The Exclusive Interview

Tina says that four years ago, her sons were living in a “house of horrors” with their biological father, Jeff, and his wife, Sandra – and claims her reports to Child Protective Services “fell on deaf ears.” Her oldest, Ian, 18, says the abuse he and the other children endured in that house was the worst five months of his entire life. He claims his father and step-mother beat him and their other children, including adopted 16-year-old twins, whom Ian says were abused the most. He claims the children were locked in a bedroom with only a mattress, no electricity and newspapers covering the walls. Ian and one of the twins, Christa, now 20, speak out for the first time about the horrific conditions they say they endured.

Friday - March 25, 2016

"My Gambling, Addicted Mom is $400,000 in the Hole, about to Lose Her Home and Possibly Her 14-Year-Old Son!"

Serena says she’s begged her mother, Debbie, to fight the urge of her gambling addiction before she loses her home and possibly, she fears, custody of her teenage son! Serena says she believes her mother’s addiction began years ago, after Debbie lost her 2-year-old son to cancer, and numbed her pain by going to the casinos. Debbie admits she can’t control the pull of the slot machines and that over the last 20 years, she’s gambled away up to $400,000. She confides that she’s always blamed herself for her toddler’s death, and says she’s now terrified she’ll lose her teenage son. Can Dr. Phil help Debbie curb her gambling addiction before her daughter gives up and walks away – and she loses everything? Also, an update on Ryan, the millionaire-turned-“moocher” who was sleeping in his parents' garage! Find out what’s happened since he first appeared on Dr. Phil!

• Love 1

Regarding today's episode:

Phil asks Cory if he picks out his wife's lingerie and he responds, "Only for our intimate time".  Ewwwww! That poor woman. She looks like she is a hostage,

Edited by GiveMeSpace

It was pretty clear that Cory wanted out of the marriage but for whatever reason (I suspect he thought it would give him the upper hand) he didn't want to bed there one to call it quits. So he decided that he was going to be thee worlds biggest asshole until she left. He kept attributing his need toparenther to "her past". My guess is if anyone talked to any other woman he has ever been in a relationship with, the dynamic would be the same.

• Love 3

Shows This Week

Monday - March 28, 2016

“We’re Terrified of Our Beautiful, Charismatic, Cunning, Explosively-Violent 12-Year-Old Daughter”

Melanie and Dave say the last nine years have been a living hell, and they’re at their wits’ end trying to find out what’s at the root of their 12-year-old daughter’s explosive rage. They say their daughter Aneska at first, seems cute as a button, charismatic and sweet, but that her behavior is explosively violent and terrifying. They claim Aneska has threatened to kill her mother, choked her sister, kicked her brother in stomach, stolen her mother’s credit card, stalked and threatened the vice principal at her school, assaulted various adults and recently set fire to a comforter in their garage. They also say she has bludgeoned the pet hamster to death with a flashlight, and twisted the necks of baby birds and squeezed their guts out. Aneska says she’s not the problem, everyone else is. She says she gets physical when frustrated, annoyed or mad, and there are times when she feels like someone else is in control of her body. Aneska admits she uses her charm and flutters her eyelashes to get what she wants, but she says most of the time, her life is a very stressful, terrible, hell. What’s at the root of Aneska’s explosive rage? Her parents say Aneska’s been hospitalized 17 times, and that her lack of emotion and remorse has them fearing they are raising a severely mentally disturbed child.

Tuesday - March 29, 2016

“I Can’t Pull My Husband Away From His Video Game!”

Dr. Phil continues his discussion with Melanie and Dave, parents who say they are struggling to raise their beautiful and charming 12-year-old daughter, Aneska. They say Aneska's rage and violence toward animals, school officials and even her own siblings has them at their wits’ end. Hear from Aneska’s 10-year-old sister who says she is afraid to sleep at night because she believes Aneska could kill her. Plus, why does Dave believe foster care may be the best thing for Aneska? Find out what can be done to help this cunning, highly manipulative, violent -- yet adorable and charming child, before it's too late. Then, Rachel says she is here to plead with Dr. Phil to get her husband of three-and-a-half years, Paul, to put down his game controller and pay attention to her! Rachel claims Paul uses his blood disorder as an excuse to play video games all day long instead of working. She says he has missed out on vacations, his daughter’s birthday parties and a few romantic “parties” that Rachel has wanted to have, all because he’s too busy gaming. Paul says he tries to be around his family as much as he can, but that because of his serious medical condition, he needs to kick up his feet and escape into a virtual world. He says their marriage is in trouble because of much more than the video games. Can Dr. Phil help this couple, potentially on the verge of divorce, find a compromise?

Wednesday - March 30, 2016

“I Have 2 Years, 3 Months and 15 Days Left In This House. Can You Fix My Family?”

Valerie says on the outside, her family appears “perfect,” but as parents, she says she and her husband, Donny, are “epic fails.” She claims favoritism is tearing them apart, with Donny favoring their 9-year-old daughter, and Valerie favoring their 8-year-old son. She says her children run wild, and there’s no respect, no routines and no rules. She claims Donny is an emotionally stunted bully and has no parenting or social skills – and that she cannot stand to be around him. Both parents admit they are damaging their children. Hear from Valerie’s 15-year-old daughter, Michelle, who says she is counting down the years until she can move out. You won’t believe what she has to say! Are these parents ready to change? And, can Dr. Phil help them get on the same page? Plus, A woman says she’s ready to get back in the dating game after seven years -- but is her long list of dating demands sabotaging her search? Dr. Phil offers her advice for getting out of a rut and how to start living her authentic self.

Thursday - March 31, 2016

The Pain of Marriage Remorse: "I'm Ready to Leave My Husband Who is 26 Years Older"

Brenda says she fell in love with and married her husband, Don, six years ago – despite their 26-year age gap. But soon after, she claims her “Prince Charming” began to change, and says now she feels trapped in a “toxic relationship” with a husband she believes may be bipolar. She claims Don throws temper tantrums, hoards paper and has unpredictable mood swings, and says she’s repulsed by his behavior. Don denies Brenda’s claims and says he just wants to save his family. Is their age difference at the root of their issues, or is something deeper at play? Then, Melanie, from the hit TLC show, “90 Day Fiancé,” says she was vacationing in Jamaica when she met her much younger man, Devar. The couple claims to be happy, but Melanie’s sister, Bev, says she believes Devar is an opportunist who is only interested in Melanie’s money and a green card. Is Devar using Melanie, or have they really found true love? And, Dr. Phil catches up with best-selling author Mitch Albom to talk about his novel, The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, and his passion project: an orphanage in Haiti.

Friday - April 1, 2016

Torn Between Her City Boy Husband and Country Boy Lover, Plus Ten Girls Honored

Julie has been married to her husband, Richard, for 13 years but has spent the last year and a half in an affair with her childhood friend Lloyd. Julie says Richard has provided stability, loyalty and support throughout their marriage, but with Lloyd she feels young, passionate and carefree. Richard says he blames Lloyd for keeping the relationship alive and claims that he manipulates and guilts Julie into continuing the affair — but is that the truth? Watch Dr. Phil navigate this tense love triangle as Richard and Lloyd speak for the very first time on his stage! Plus, as a National Celebrity Spokesperson for Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA), Robin McGraw had the honor of attending GSUSA’s 2015 National Young Women of Distinction Ceremony at Edith Macy Conference Center to meet and speak with several Gold Award Recipients. From addressing the decline in bee populations to working to stop violence against women, these girls are igniting meaningful change in their communities and around the globe with their Gold Award projects. Learn more about how these young women took action and earned their Gold Award.

• Love 1

First, Bannana, he will have to ask tell them they are in way over their heads. There are some issues with her for sure. She has a real lack of any empathy, even for a 12 year old. I predict a trip to one of Shill's buddies ranches being offered.

• Love 2

It is not right to dislike a child as much as I dislike that little girl, but I'm having my own trouble with empathy when it comes to her. One of those ranches may actually help. Once she has a structure she can't fight or push over, she may straighten up some. The other kids aren't going to fear her like her siblings do right now. Those other kids definitely need protection from her, so as hard as it will be, the parents would need to send her away.

I don't know if she is a budding serial killer or just a spoiled brat, but she has serious issues, and I hope they can be fixed. 

• Love 3

There's definitely manipulation and flat-out brattiness on her part, but her problems surely go much deeper. When a six or seven year old is beating a hamster till it's flat or squeezing the life out of baby birds in an effort to "save" them from being rejected by their mother after human handling (most kids would take the birds to their own mother for help), there's something serious going on that needs to be addressed. I had to step away -- wasn't she also saying something about voices telling her to misbehave? While she seems smart enough to invent this as a convenient excuse for her behavior, if she's not making it up there are major issues here.

I'm not all that familiar with Dr. Phil's straighten-up-and-fly-right ranches, but if they only deal with discipline and behavior I'm not sure that's sufficient help for this kid.

• Love 2

The kid seemed like she was getting a lot of satisfaction being on TV and being the center of attention. Killing animals is definitely a warning bell, but I don't know how much of her behavior is true sociopath & how much is brat who has been allowed to get away with shit. Some of her responses to Phil seemed to be made up on the spot.  And her mother prompting her about the "soldier" telling her what to do was another opportunity for Aneska to be center stage.  She's definitely smart enough to manipulate her parents (and a few other adults).  Of course the kid was smart enough to call CPS to get her dad in trouble for daring to reprimand her.  She was all smiles when the parents were tearfully talking about the stress of dealing with CPS, other kids taken out of home, running away etc.  The dad hit the nail on the head when he said Aneska thrives on negative attention.

Going on Dr. Phil's show is probably not the best way to diagnose your kid's psychological/neurological issues.  I'm sure the parents were just looking for FREE services.  I know it is extremely difficult in the US to get a pediatric psych bed, and I don't know about Canada.  This little girl needs to be thoroughly examined and her parents need parental training. 

• Love 9

I'm not sure how much help even psychiatric facilities could offer Aneska. I hate to be down on a kid, but it's obvious to me, that Aneska thinks there is absolutely nothing wrong with Aneska. They say the first step to getting help is admitting you need it.

• Love 3

Colour me shocked.  Phil did not blame the parents, not overtly.  And he agreed that the head injury when she was 3 might have done something to her brain.

And of course he has the best doctors and facilities ON THE GLOBE at the ready to assist.

I really hope they figure it out for the little girl and for the family.  Wowza, what a nightmare.  Today they read a letter from her sister who had actually asked to be in foster care to get away from Aneska.

When he was explaining to the parents that talk therapy would only teach her how to be more manipulative, I said to my mom that he thinks she is a sociopath. That's what they say about psychos. I was impressed with how he said that she wasn't very educated. He didn't call her stupid, but said how she wasn't able to learn well because of her brain function. I roll my eyes at him a lot, but it was a really kind way of speaking about her limitations. I was actually impressed with his language in this episode several times. 

When the end said that her physician was working to change her medications, my mom said he probably thinks that dna test isn't valid. A lot of those medicines can't just be stopped at once, but that testing is so new, he's probably not willing to give it a lot of weight. The brain function MRI/PET etc she had are much more scientifically valid. I really hope there is something she can do to keep her off of Dateline, but my guess is that we'll be seeing her there soon, too, if she can't get control of herself.

The man who just wants to play video games was clearly suffering from depression. My armchair television psychology degree tells me that his medical condition isn't being managed well, and I'm glad that Dr. Phil reached the same conclusion. I think he's out of touch with reality a lot, but these last few episodes remind me of his early years, when it seemed like he was trying to bring awareness to situations and get people help. It's felt very exploitative lately.

• Love 5

It seems like too little, too late for Aneska. Aneska and her family will benefit from Dr. Phil's resources but this child has learned that she can control others with her behavior. I see residential treatment in her future where she will learn how to control her behavior, which may make her even more manipulative and cunning because she will have to be more secretive about her intentions. My heart goes out to this family and to the other children in their home and to Aneska as well. 

Video watching hubby appears to be depressed but I was struck by how he pouts when he doesn't get his way or when someone calls him out. His wife was seething. It will be interesting to see if this couple is still married in three years. 

• Love 3

Maybe I'm missing something here but Aneska seems to think she's adorable, in charge, and waaaaay smarter than her parents. Her past behavior is very disturbing but what bothered me more was while Aneska was acting smart-ass her parents were smiling and gazing lovingly at her. I would've been horrified! I don't know how to explain it so it makes sense but the parents seemed to take pride in her smart-ass, manipulative behavior. I think they let Aneska be in charge when she was younger and now they're paying the price. Aneska herself said she throws tantrums "because it works." That says a lot about the parents and sends up big red flags and I'm surprised it wasn't addressed.

Maybe there are other issues but the brain scan results showing lack of impulse control might also be caused by coddling parents who never let her develop those skills. No matter what other problems this kid has I think the parents definitely need some parenting skills.

And why was Aneska brought on stage? She's too young for that. It put her in "acting" mode and she was mostly concerned with playing to the audience. That made it hard to tell if she felt empathy, remorse, and other deeper feelings or if she really is disturbed. She was way too busy putting on a show to tell.

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 4

And how about the "running the streets" statement? That's a term my mother used. What is she getting her shtick from?

I got the impression that a lot of her shtick comes from TV and movies. I recognized the brattitude of Disney show characters within her repertoire. It's so hard to tell what's going on with her at this stage because she's at an age where even the sanest child occasionally displays behaviors indicative of mental illness. Her parents definitely need help since it's impossible to set their love aside and be objective about her behavior. Mom is always looking for the silver lining by focusing on her intelligence and charm and wanting to believe that the fall when she was toddler is the cause of all of this and the REAL Aneska is a wonderful child hidden away somewhere within her injured brain. It's so sad. As a parent who was lucky enough to have children without disabilities, my heart goes out to those who weren't so lucky. I don't know that I could have done better than they have with the hand they were dealt. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I got the impression that she was putting on an act that she thought was how a "real" child should act. I found her bahvior chilling. It's like she's learned how to be charming but it's just a facade over an angry, hateful spirit.

I hope she can be helped. She breaks my heart.

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 6

Leslie, the woman who's husband died seven years ago and is in a rut, looked so familiar to me. I'm sure I've seen her on some reality show before, perhaps as a pal of the women on one of the many Housewives franchises. Did she seem familiar to anyone else? 

(edited)

Shows This Week

Monday - April 4, 2016

“My Husband Calls Me a Moron. Should I Stay or Should I Go?”

Paul says a marriage should be treated like a business and that he married Julie five years ago out of obligation, and because he thought it was a good business opportunity. But, he says three years ago, Julie became a burden. Paul says Julie is a "hot mess" who can’t hold a job and has had 10 different jobs in the last year. He describes her as a "bull in a china shop" and says she breaks everything in the house from the DVD player, to dinner plates to doors. Julie says Paul has changed from a loving partner to a hostile, abusive husband who she claims treats her like a dog -- and often calls her a moron. Paul denies abusing Julie and says this whole "marriage as a business" plan has backfired, and he wants to know if he should cut his losses now. Hear why Dr. Phil says the couple is not ready for divorce, and how they can improve their marriage in 90 days. Plus, see a hidden camera social experiment where no one over 40 is allowed to eat.

Tuesday - April 5, 2016

Beautiful and Out of Control

Maria and Troy claim their life is full of yelling, screaming and raging acts of violence caused by their “disrespectful, out-of-control,” 16-year-old daughter. The parents say their daughter started smoking when she was 10, sneaking out the house when she was 11 and by the time she turned 14, they say they were at their wits’ end and sent her to a boarding school for children in crisis. Maria and Troy say that the 16-month stint away from home did nothing -- and that it only fueled her rage. Now, instead of “sneaking out,” they claim their daughter walks out the front door late at night and doesn’t return until the next morning. Maria and Troy claim their daughter parties, drinks and does drugs all night with her older friends, whom they have never met. Maria says she should call the police to look for her when she disappears but doesn’t, because she says her life is easier when her daughter isn’t around. Maria, who admits she’s afraid of her daughter, asked the show for help by giving her the opportunity to speak with Dr. Phil -- find out what happened that shocked everyone. Can Dr. Phil help these parents regain control of their daughter?

Wednesday - April 6, 2016

“Help! I Believe My Son Is A Lazy, Entitled, Mooching, MIA Dad!”

Toni says her 31-year-old son, Justin, is a lazy, entitled, “mooch”! Just weeks ago, she and her husband, Ricky, kicked Justin out of their home after they claim he lied about losing “yet another job.” Toni claims he’s had over 20 jobs in the past 10 years and has either quit or been fired from all of them. Ricky says Justin is the laziest person he’s ever met and that he believes Justin takes advantage of his mother’s good-hearted nature. Toni suspects that what she calls Justin’s all-play, no-work behavior can’t just be because he’s lazy and says she believes her son’s mood swings and depression are a sign of deeper troubles. Toni and Ricky say their biggest concern is Justin’s relationship with his 5-year-old daughter -- who they say they feel isn’t a priority for him. Justin admits he’s made mistakes and says he isn’t proud of being jobless, but the last thing anyone should call him is lazy! He says he needs support – not constant criticism and put downs. Justin says the person standing in the way of having a good relationship with his daughter is his ex-wife, Leslie, who he claims uses their daughter as a weapon against him -- which Leslie firmly denies. Justin says he came to the show ready and committed to making a change … but is he? Hear about the dramatic turn of events that took place the morning of the show that no one expected. Can Dr. Phil get through to this admittedly troubled young man?

Thursday - April 7, 2016

“My Childless Sister Is Trying To Steal My Grandchildren From My Son and Me”

Kim, her son, Jasen, and her sister, Genevieve, are involved in a custody battle over Jasen’s two minor children that has them declaring war on each other. Kim says Genevieve, who currently has temporary custody of the 8- and 12-year-old children, “stole” her grandchildren and refuses to allow Kim to speak to them. But Genevieve claims Kim and Jasen are both unfit parents. She says Kim did not even raise Jasen and that she dropped him off on his father’s doorstep when he was 5 years old. And, she says Jasen, who is currently homeless, has not provided a proper upbringing for his son and daughter, and that his children were completely out of control and did not even know how to eat with silverware when they went to live with her. But Jasen claims Genevieve is the bad parent and is making his children unhealthy and unhappy. Who should raise these two young children? Will Kim, Jasen and Genevieve be able to work out a custody arrangement that is in the best interests of the children?

Friday - April 8, 2016

The Ultimate Enabler

Brenda, her husband, Richard, and her ex-husband, David, say they have spent over $100,000 on rehab, legal fees and caring for 29-year-old Tyler, who has been using heroin for the past 10 years. Brenda says Tyler is a charming, intelligent college graduate, and talented musically and athletically -- all things Tyler admits to using to his advantage when scheming to get money for the next hit. Tyler’s ex-girlfriend Samantha recently kicked him out, saying until he can get clean, he has no place in their 5-month-old daughter’s life. How many times has Brenda bailed Tyler out of trouble – and why does she do it? Does Tyler want to change? And, is he to blame for this desperate family’s situation? Watch Dr. Phil get to the bottom of this family’s decade-long dysfunction.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

Shows This Week

Tuesday - April 5, 2016

Beautiful and ... [some un-beautiful behavior], somehow BOTH exhibited by the same female body

Well thank goodness slash and of course; we all know that the only girls worth showing/saving/shocking the viewers with such a crazy and surprising contradiction to their expectations are those who display such a strange and curious paradox as to be both paradigms of Western notions of [white, if I know my Dr. Phil) beauty (or, sometimes, not even remotely considered such by most people's conventions, but he declares them to be anyway, by sheer virtue of said being-teen-girl-ness) and "yet" "bad."

Because, of COURSE we would [only] EXPECT such behavior from those who ... look otherwise.

(Of course, at the rate he shows similarly titled episodes, one would think all Out Of Control GIRLS are "beautiful," so the real shocker would be the episode of Big, Ugly, Tough, Butch, Thugish ... and Out Of Control, but then he probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to Blame The Parents/Mother nor would they make pretty advertisements for the Mormon Healing Horse (I forgot the blond one's name, but the animals she talks about, too ;-) ).

(edited)

I think I full on hate Dr. Phil now. He makes no effort to educate the viewers on how to handle things better with their  family. He immediately blames the parents no matter what else is going on. In the episode yesterday, the bratty teen girl acted like an angel and Phil just blamed the parents for everything. They said they took her to see a psychiatrist three separate times and he said "So, you got her no help then". WTF? If a parent grounds a kid and they sneak out of the house, what can you do? You can't throw a teenager out to sleep on the street. It doesn't matter, because Phil will always blame you no matter what.

Also not a fan of those wilderness camps he is sending this girl to. I'm sure some of them are ok, but many of them have been documented for using physical, emotional and sexual abuse on troubled teens. Some of them actually come and kidnap the child from their home, restrain them and give them no information as to who they are or where the child is going. They then break the child by using deprivation of sleep, minimal food, extreme exercise and exposure to elements and very harsh punishments for children who can't keep up, walk for miles and miles, or break down emotionally. Maybe if Phil is a real doctor, he could give advice which doesn't have to include being sent away to one of his treatment centers.

Every episode now ends in someone or everyone being sent away to a treatment center. What if some people have jobs  or young children they can't leave, what if teens don't want to miss things like senior prom or graduation? I know it is necessary in some cases, but many people can benefit from regular therapy with a qualified professional.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 2

I also raised an eye to the teen girl sent to a wilderness camp after being dragged from her house by professionally trained child snatchers in the night. She didn't seem that out of control to me--she was at least with it enough to suspect she wouldn't be coming back--and she had already been to one of those things and the parents admitted it made her worse! Seemed like she was just biding her time to get away from the parents. Why doesn't $hill ever send the parents to forage for berries so they can be fixed? I would be pissed at them for a long time after that, with decent reason.

And he really gives the parent no option to make an actual choice. "This living in dirt experience with some questionable types who choose to spend their

Iives with troubled teens in the woods will save you. Will you get this help, or are to okay with your child dying and being an awful parent? Your choice..."

• Love 1

I literally have had it after today's show! It was such bullshit! I knew the second that guy interrupted queen' Robin that the doc was going to go ballistic! He's an embarrassment now. Granted the guy was a jerk, but he came to get help and that wasn't about to happen after dear wifey got interrupted. Even that child advocate Dr. was trying and it truly was embarrassing to watch Dr Phil hold that grudge. Talk about a bully!

• Love 4

It really annoys me when Phil chooses to send some kid to rehab whose parents can afford to send their child and have spent hundreds of thousands on their entitled brat. Why not choose some families who are poor/underprivileged and give their kids a shot (whether they are beautiful or not). Geez.

• Love 3

Shows This Week

Monday - April 11, 2016

Anorexic Mom: Torn Between Two Men

Erika has said that doctors have given her only three months to live because she says she has anorexia, but her husband, Jon, says he has a hard time believing it and claims that his wife is just a drama queen, and that she uses her eating habits to get attention. Erika claims she weighs between 80 and 86 pounds but according to some recent medical records, doctors have said she appeared “well-nourished” and weighed more than 100 pounds. Jon says he should be the one getting the attention because he is the one with the real problem -- an addiction to drugs. Erika’s ex-boyfriend Jason says because both Erika and Jon are sick, he has stepped up to help care for Erika’s three children. In fact, he says in his ideal world, he would like all of them to move in together. Erika says if she should die in three months, she doesn’t trust Jon to care for the children, she trusts Jason. What might be behind Erika’s eating disorder? And, could she really only have months to live? Dr. Phil tries to help this couple get to the bottom of Erika’s eating disorder and Jon’s drug addiction -- and gives them an offer they can’t refuse.

Tuesday - April 12, 2016

“I Believe My Ex-Boyfriend Kidnapped Our Daughter and Kept Her For Five Years!”

Ashley claims her ex-boyfriend “kidnapped” their daughter five years ago when he moved to Michigan with her—and barely kept in contact with Ashley. Robert, who has lost full custody of their 6-year-old, vehemently denies Ashley’s allegations and says their daughter would still be in his care if a woman, Mary, had not intervened. Mary, who is the grandmother of Robert’s current girlfriend, Kim’s, son, claims she will do anything to help save a child from abuse! Mary says she rushed to Ashley’s side to help her get her daughter out of Robert and Kim’s home, because she says she believed Robert and Ashley were forcing the little girl to do squats and drink vinegar as punishment! Then, meet Kim, who filed for a protective order against Mary for allegedly stalking and harassing her. Kim alleges that Mary has a pattern of trying to file “phony” CPS charges, including on her family! Sparks fly and anger erupts as both Robert and Ashley argue over the best home for their daughter to live, and Kim criticizes Ashley, calling her a “deadbeat mom”! Will Robert and Ashley be able to come to an understanding on how to co-parent? Dr. Phil attempts to calm the chaos and help these parents determine what is best for the 6-year-old girl who is being pulled in every direction!

Wednesday - April 13, 2016

What Happened to Baby Noah? An Accident or Abuse?

On November 14, 2015, 2-year-old Noah had a massive seizure where he was found to have a subdural hematoma, brain swelling and retinal hemorrhages – symptoms classically associated with shaken baby syndrome. After authorities ruled out other possible suspects, Noah’s mother, Kayla, was charged with felony child abuse and could face prison time, as well as termination of her parental rights. She says there is no way that she abused her son and she claims that his injuries must be a result of a fall at a playground five days prior to his seizure. Kayla’s mother Dawn, who currently has temporary guardianship of Noah, says that Kayla is absolutely innocent. She also claims the court proceedings have turned into a witch hunt with no one willing to listen to what she says is proof that Kayla did not abuse her son. Noah’s father, Andrew, admits he hasn’t been in his son’s life since birth but finally saw his son in rehabilitation after the seizure, and says he had an instant connection. Andrew and his sister, Allison, say that not only do they think Kayla is lying, but they say they suspect Dawn is letting Kayla see Noah as much as she wants -- despite the court allowing only weekly, supervised two-hour visits. Andrew and Allison say Noah should be with his biological father and not his grandmother. Can Kayla clear her name with the help of Dr. Phil?

Thursday - April 14, 2016

“Please Help! My Hoarding Ex-Wife is Holding Up Our Wedding”

Richard says his six-year marriage to Kelli ended mainly due to Kelli’s obsession with keeping “stuff”! The couple has been divorced for 12 years and is now considering getting re-married, but only, Richard says, if Kelli can stop hoarding once and for all. Their new wedding date is quickly approaching and Richard says Kelli has made zero progress to give up her hoarding addiction. Kelli admits she has a problem and says her "valued" possession range from collectable ceramic shoes, to old newspapers, garbage bags full of receipts, unopened expired boxes of cereal and plastic bags full of plastic bags. Richard says Kelli’s hoarding problem is so bad that they can only get into one of their four bedrooms, and Kelli sleeps on one couch and their 14-year-old son sleeps on the other. Their son also says he’s been sleeping on the couch since he was 5 or 6 years old, that he can’t get into his bedroom and that he has never been able to have friends over. Kelli says she hasn't allowed anyone in her house in over 14 years — except the Dr. Phil show. You won't believe what producers saw and found when the home was tested for possible mold. Can Dr. Phil help put this family back together again and help Kelli overcome her hoarding addiction?

Friday - April 15, 2016

“I Believe My Daughter is Being Controlled by Her BFF”

Rachel had high hopes for her daughter, Shaila, with dreams of her graduating college, getting into the medical field, marrying a smart, handsome man and becoming a mother. But Rachel says those dreams were shattered when her daughter met Destinee. Rachel says Shaila’s BFF has been more of a BFD – best friend disaster -- ever since they became roommates two months ago. Shaila has now dropped out of college, and her mom claims she is more of Destinee’s servant than sidekick. She says she believes her daughter is belittled, mistreated and “beaten down” all because of her so-called bestie, Destinee. She says she wants Destinee out of her daughter’s life forever and wants Dr. Phil to knock some sense into Shaila.

Edited by Jaded

I have all but given up on the 20 rerun episodes they show on OWN.  10 years of programming and it's the same ones over and over.

I've found other stuff to watch in the morning when I'm home.  I can almost recite the dialogue and there's no reason for the constant repetition of what, for the most part, aren't even interesting shows.

Why in the world, for instance, are we still subject to the Lacey Peterson episodes?  The guy is in jail, the mystery is solved.  Move on.....

• Love 2