Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef Season 17 Spoilers and Speculation

biakbiak
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Jen Carroll??? Geez... I think I’ll skip this season of repeats.

Please say that is not happening!  

I’ve been so looking forward to TC and the posters here. You can’t skip. You just can’t skip.

Nope, nope, it’s not allowed. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

The Jen one seems to have the least evidence.

I am excited for Gregory, Melissa who I have met a few times and is lovely, Stephanie Cmar and LeeAnne not having to deal with the altitude and being in the first few months of being pregnant.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
Just now, Ellee said:

don’t remember Melissa though. 

When will it be airing?

Melissa King was on the same season as Gregory. 
No word on when it airs they are filming several months later than normal.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Cool.  I haven't been keeping up; is it going to be all returning cheftestants and these are just the only ones spotted so far, or is it going to be a mix of new and old?  (Or is that not even known?)  Any which way, I'm excited that a new season is being filmed.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Cool.  I haven't been keeping up; is it going to be all returning cheftestants and these are just the only ones spotted so far, or is it going to be a mix of new and old?  (Or is that not even known?)  Any which way, I'm excited that a new season is being filmed.

I don’t think anyone knows because it’s obviously easier to spot the veterans than the newbies. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I am surprised Bryan came back for this but maybe Michael made one too many jokes about him losing both regular and masters. 

I think Bryan likes being on TV; a thing Michael has done a lot more often than he has the last few years. 

A kind of a weird cast overall.
Glad Melissa and Stephanie got seconded chances, since both of them got screwed hard in their eliminations.  Melissa with that stupid abstract painting challenge, and Stephanie makes probably the second best dish, but gets eliminated thanks to Nick and the immunity shenanigans.

Kind of surprised the following weren't asked back
Kelly (S7), Isaac (S12), Beverly (S9), Nyesha (S9), Lizzie (S10), Justin (S11), Nina (S11), Carrie (S11), 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Given how she was treated by her fellow cheftestants and how successful she currently is, I don't see Beverly ever returning to the show. 

Exactly! The only people who come back to this show for a 2nd or 3rd time are looking for publicity and drawing people to wherever they are working.

• Love 2
On 12/26/2019 at 8:54 PM, seltzer3 said:

Kelly (S7), Isaac (S12), Beverly (S9), Nyesha (S9), Lizzie (S10), Justin (S11), Nina (S11), Carrie (S11), 

And yet we get another helping of Jen Carrol. UGH....Does she have a "real" job?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

And yet we get another helping of Jen Carrol. UGH....Does she have a "real" job?

A well rated restaurant in Philly called Spice Finch she runs with her fiancé.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She was a clusterfuck on AllStars leading to a meltdown when she was eliminated. It was not a good look.

No it was not a good look.

It will be interesting to see how she has changed over time. We all do.  

• Love 1

I liked Jen on her season. But the temper tantrum on All Stars was a bit much. I think my "perfect" first episode would be a sudden death quick fire with Lisa of the perpetual resting bitch face leaving 😬. Followed by Jen leaving after the.main challenge 😠. Then the season can carry on in peace and harmony. 😇

• Love 3

We dont know who has been asked, only who is coming. Many of the people who are coming are not only popular (they do want ratings) but are also available, willing to put themselves through this (and the time away from family) and most likely, think it can advance their standing. Some may not have wanted to be away from family and/or go through this again (Beverly), while others may look at it as there is nothing in it for them (Nina was a judge last season and was a Beard nominee with a very successful restaurant).

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, AriAu said:

We dont know who has been asked, only who is coming.

Not to mention scheduling this many people there was probably at least one or two people who was asked and wanted to do it but couldn’t fit the schedule for the show which has happed on the regular seasons and when they invited vets back. 

10 hours ago, buttersister said:

Beverly, with her very successful, award-winning restaurant, recently opened a second place with her husband. I imagine she would have sent a busy signal.

That and also a lot of these chefs could actually place themselves on the ‘do not like anymore’ list.  You never know what TPTB will do to create their story.  Heck, Lisa could even end up on the favorite but misunderstood list. 

On 1/12/2020 at 5:53 PM, Ellee said:

No it was not a good look.

It will be interesting to see how she has changed over time. We all do.  

Totally agree!  It was bad!  Isn’t that why she got fired by Eric Ripert?

I will say though, I thought that show she did with Spike and some other chef I can’t remember about life after Top Chef helped redeem her a bit for me.  I loved her on her first season, really didn’t care for her after All Stars and was just ok, whatever after that show.  I’m a bit indifferent with her and am willing to give her a fair shot this season.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Peper81 said:

was bad!  Isn’t that why she got fired by Eric Ripert?

No. She didn’t get fired, she left to open her own restaurant in DC but like often happens there were issues with her partners and the finances. 

1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

Just saw the commercial while watching Project Runway on Bravo (Don't judge me.) ***March 19th!*** Top Chef All Stars premiere 😫😫😫

I saw this too, from the corner of my eye, and to my horror I thought Robert Irvine was one of the chefs. Please tell me this was a nightmare and not the truth.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AriAu said:

but did they just show us that Nini, Lee Anne and Mularky make it to Italy for the finale?

It’s not loading but they frequently bring most if not all chefs to the finale to act as sous chefs so probably creative editing.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Bummer about Angelo if he's out early. He won Top Chef DC* though so he'll be okay. 

(*Yes, I know he didn't win, but he would have if he wasn't on death's door at the finale and Kevin didn't luck into having Michael Voltaggio as his sous chef so in my mind he's the rightful winner. Just like Stefan is the true winner of S5 and no one will ever convince me otherwise...)

So nice to know someone else does that too! If I watch a season where the winner is "wrong" I never watch the finale. 😊

• Love 3

Well, hell. I FINALLY see a commercial for the new season and it turns out to  be TCAS, not a TC  with a whole bunch of new meat...sucks...have not really enjoyed previous TCAS, don't have much hope for this one. And I was so looking forward to this. Damn.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:59 AM, CheetaraThunder said:

I do hope for Bryan V vs Kevin G, the redemption angle. Pulling for Kevin, after everything he’s been through and plus he’s my fave. But, Bryan V or Gregory winning wouldn’t suck either.

I am a complete Kevin Stan. I live near Revival and love it. 

• Love 1

This is the only show that can actually distract me from the shit show that is the world right now.  I’m rooting for Kevin, as he is my second favorite top chef ever (Sheldon will always be my numero uno).  That being said, there are a few other really likable chefs (Leanne, Bryan, Gregory, etc...).  I liked Malarkey during his season, but have a friend who worked as a waitress where he was the chef in Seattle and she cannot stand him.  

This should be a fun season.  There are a couple dark horses, but Kevin vs. Bryan is always going to make for great competition.

• Love 6

I’ll give Jen and Resting Bitch Face Lisa another chance. I mean, both Dale & Tiffany were redeemed nicely in their All Stars seasons. I’d be good with Gregory, Eric, Kevin, or Brian Voltaggio winning.  

• Love 5

In the credits at the end, it seems like they spoiled the final 3 unless the editing was off since it looked like it was a judges table in Rome...and while I love Leanne, this would be pretty shocking

Spoiler.jpg

I don't think that's spoiling the final three.  They're all wearing a similarly colored apron which suggests that they're a team so one of those three are likely Top 3 with the other two acting as sous chefs.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5