Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E03: Movie Night

• Start Topic

Once Ray withdrew it was pretty obvious nobody was going home.  I wasn't surprised at the bottom 2 though.  We are never getting rid of Sean.

Kate/Pasha and James/Emma are my faves.  I continue to adore Kate/Pasha and I really like James too and Emma looks gorgeous dancing a rumba.

Most were fine.  Hannah does need to tone down the cheerleadery/pageanty movement and smile.  Ally is fine but I can't get excited over her.  Same on Sailor but I thought she was much better this week.  I think she does better in hold.

Gleb is destroying any possible hope Lauren has of succeeding.  She would be doing so much better with any other pro.

Karamo is a headscratcher.  I do think the judges are scoring him a tad low.  You can't give him 5's and then give Spicer 5's and act like that's normal.  But Karamo is a great likeable performer with a nice performance quality on the dance floor but his actual dancing is just off?  I would have given him 6's or Spicer should have gotten 3's or 4's.  I think both Lauren and Karamo would have been fared better with better teaching pros.

Did I mention I love Kate/Pasha? 

• Love 17

Who is excited to pretend to be a prostitute?   Honey, it isn’t your foot on the car that will bother your family.  

It was obvious no one was going home.   Still love James and Kate.   So excited to have a woman over 50 who isn’t just cannon fodder.   

Most of the rest blend together for me.   

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, spanana said:

Once Ray withdrew it was pretty obvious nobody was going home.  I wasn't surprised at the bottom 2 though.  We are never getting rid of Sean.

I was simply because I wouldn't have imagined Kel being there. But yeah, I figured that nobody would leave tonight given everything with Ray. 

Speaking of Sean, hoo boy, did he ever look like the uncle who tries to get up and dance at a wedding :p.

On to happier topics, Kate's dance was cute. I loved that. Ally and Hannah were great, too, as was James. I thought Kel did quite nicely this week, too (and damn, he looked handsome as hell in that tux). If it comes down to those five duking it out, I'll be happy. 

Edited by Annber03
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I was simply because I wouldn't have imagined Kel being there. But yeah, I figured that nobody would leave tonight given everything with Ray. 

Speaking of Sean, hoo boy, did he ever look like the uncle who tries to get up and dance at a wedding :p.

On to happier topics, Kate's dance was cute. I loved that. Ally and Hannah were great, too, as was James. I thought Kel did quite nicely this week, too (and damn, he looked handsome as hell in that tux). If it comes down to those five duking it out, I'll be happy. 

The only reason I wasn't surprised about Kel is because while youtube views aren't the be all end all of votes, I've noticed that his youtube views are relatively low compared to others and while I'm always worried about Kate there too, she had a better routine/scores.  Also Kel dancing almost at the end means that people had the least amount of time to vote (next to Sean) for those that actually wait to view dances first and I tend to think Sean's voters aren't waiting to see him dance first.  So I think it's a combo of factors.

There were lots of random celebs in the audience tonight.  Zooey Deschanel was there with the Property Brother she's dating.  I saw Rumer with Nick Viall.  Kate had Jim O'Heir and Yvette Nicole Brown there.  Plus Jim also played Christie Brinkley's husband on Parks & Rec.  For anyone that watched Crazy Ex Girlfriend, several cast members were there to support Kat Burns, who choregraphed the opening number (Pete Gardner, Vella Lovell, etc.)  There were several people in the audience who I'd want to see on the show.

ETA: More of the Crazy Ex Girlfriend cast was there than I thought.  Pete Gardner, Skyler Astin, Vella Lovell, and my fave Scott Michael Foster.  Now that is someone I want on this show.  C'mon Scott!

Edited by spanana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Damn it, they wasted a prime opportunity to get rid of Lamar. They should have sent him home plus Ray and saved their bye-week for a time a bottom two was more problematic. 

Peta looks absolutely done and over it, more so than Lindsay.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 8

How does voting work if it closes a few minutes before the end of the show?  No West Coast voting, right?  People who dance early can receive voting for the entirety of the show vs people who dance later and get greatly diminished time for voting?  I don’t get it — can someone clarify?

James and his wife have been married for 9 years and have 5 kids?  Wow!  

Loved Kate’s dance — so precise and difficult.  Well done.

• Love 8
Just now, MerBearHou said:

How does voting work if it closes a few minutes before the end of the show?  No West Coast voting, right?  People who dance early can receive voting for the entirety of the show vs people who dance later and get greatly diminished time for voting?  I don’t get it — can someone clarify?

James and his wife have been married for 9 years and have 5 kids?  Wow!  

Loved Kate’s dance — so precise and difficult.  Well done.

You can vote from the beginning of the show onwards during the east coast showing but if you're a person that votes after waiting to see how everyone performs, you will have a short window at the end.  But you can vote starting at the beginning even if someone hasn't danced yet.  People on the west coast can basically blind vote during the east coast showing, but they aren't voting based on what they have seen on tv.  Maybe they can see vids online depending on how quickly they are posted?

8 minutes ago, spanana said:

There were lots of random celebs in the audience tonight.  Zooey Deschanel was there with the Property Brother she's dating.  I saw Rumer with Nick Viall.  Kate had Jim O'Heir and Yvette Nicole Brown there.  Plus Jim also played Christie Brinkley's husband on Parks & Rec.  For anyone that watched Crazy Ex Girlfriend, several cast members were there to support Kat Burns, who choregraphed the opening number (Pete Gardner, Vella Lovell, etc.)  There were several people in the audience who I'd want to see on the show.

Totally brilliant seating arrangement. Rumer Willis, Demi from Bachelor in Paradise, and Demi Lovato. If this were $100,000 Pyramid, it would be great clues for "Things to do with Demi Moore."

Overall I enjoyed the music, and so far no one really bugs me. Solid episode. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, spanana said:

He is so adorable. Even with the mustache. I was kinda disappointed he took it off for the (non)elimination segment.

Her comedy experience was perfect for this particular dance and her facial expressions were great! I love it when they do fun dances (one of my favorites of all time is the subway car Charleston with Nastia Liuken and Sasha (filling in for Derek who was injured so he was there but mostly in the background) with Andy Grammer singing. I think this one joins that list).

• Love 7

James has ZERO competition from the guys.  He should sail through to the finale.  He has the fan support and he's not polarizing.  He's also consistent enough.

The women needs to start separating themselves.  4 are in their 20's.  3 of them blondes.   And we know shock boots happens every season.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 9

Can I vote for Rashad?

Christie can go away any time now.

I'll say at least Sean is acting like he wants to be there and is having fun even though he looks like an ass. That is probably getting some votes as opposed  to Lamar who looks like he wants to be put out of his misery.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I really wish the audience would stop booing the judges as soon as they say something negative. Once in awhile their comments are constructive, and sometimes they're accurate. The booing at everything is getting really annoying.

But, at the same time, I wish the judges would be a bit nicer. These are not professional dancers out there and someone like Lamar has other issues to contend with. There's a way to criticize without being nasty, the way Len often is and the way Bruno sometimes is. Give these people some credit for putting themselves out there.

I also wish Erin would stop taking digs at Len with every contestant interview. It's not funny and it's getting old. And I did not like her outfit tonight or that severe hairstyle. I don't know why season after season she insists on keeping that lousy hairdresser she uses.

James is still my favorite and my pick to win it all. But boy did the band butcher my current favorite song, Shallow.

What a nice surprise Kate is! I'm really enjoying her and am very impressed with how good she is. I would much rather see her in the finals than Hannah. Sorry, but I just can't get behind anyone associated with the Bachelor franchise. They aren't stars.

You have to give Sean credit, he's trying and he's out there having a good time. He's not the best dancer and I HATE that they brought politics into this season, but give the guy credit for putting himself out there and having fun with it.

Jenna is a terrible teacher and it's insane that they kept her over Sharna. I don't like when they give someone the jive so early, but the ones who seem to get by are the ones whose pros keep it simple. Jenna still choreographs for herself and I think she makes the dances too difficult for early weeks and puts in way too many steps for them to remember. I hate that we're stuck with her because of who she married.

I love Rashad, that's no secret. And I loved that they had him come out and dance Ray's dance. But why was he in the "star lounge" the rest of the show?

I could've done without the make-out session on the dance floor between Sasha and Emma at the end of the show. Although, to be honest, I thought it was Val and Jenna until I saw Val jumping around.

• Love 13

I will not be giving Sean any credit since IMO he shouldn't be here but that is just me.  Others can feel differently.

Couple of other random observations.  I was looking at Val next to Sailor tonight and he just looks really old.  Also not cute.  Not sure what happened to his looks and I know to each their own but it amazes me people still consider him a hearthrob on this show.

I agree James has little competition from the guys and I see him easily in the finals.  Who will be with him.  I still think likely Hannah because she has a huge fanbase and I'd love to see Kate there, but I don't think this show is that forgiving to "older" women.  The others will have to cancel each other out at some point.  I also think Kate has had dance styles that complimented her the last few weeks.

Also I think the show is scoring Spicer up a tad to hopefully ward off the scoring him so low so that his "fanbase" revolts and freaks out, but it's not working.  It will be interesting to see how desperate the show gets trying to get him out of there.

• Love 10

Well I just caught up on this show after trying to decide whether to watch this season. I hate politics and the fact they had to bring that into my light pleasure viewing, too much viciousness on the boards IMO kinda affects my overall enjoyment. So Sean can’t go home fast enough for me.

Gleb over Artem this season is a travesty. That’s all I got.

• Love 8

My favorites of the night were Ally and Kate. 

I think Hannah was okay but that wasn't a great song for a rumba and I agree with the judges about the hip action. 

I think the judges were too harsh with Lamar and Karamo and over scored Sean. Sean was one point behind Karamo and all he did was stomp around the stage. He just needs to go. 

Also I was so excited to see Jerry/Terry/Larry/Garry Gerich in the audience supporting Kate. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ethelbeavers said:

Also I was so excited to see Jerry/Terry/Larry/Garry Gerich in the audience supporting Kate. 

What was cute is on instagram, both Witney and Lindsay seemed more excited about getting to meet Jim O'Heir than anything else.  They took pics with him and posted about how it made their day.  I guess they are Parks & Rec fans.

• Love 6

I wonder if Kel’s votes are being hurt by him playing “against type.” Most people know him from roles as this high energy goofball idiot, and besides the fact that he slid out of his face week 1, he comes across much more serious. I’m sure he doesn’t want to be typecast as his teen self forever, but, like Alphonso, he may need to give the people what they want and bop around to a Goodburger dance.

Curious where the lift police land on a squad of troupe dancers lifting up both partners (Val & Sailor). Guess that’s a loophole in the lift manual? You can’t lift your partner but others can? (I kinda enjoyed the dance, I mostly think lift policing is dumb)

Its nice to see Pasha & Kate gaining steam. They bring a bit of a refreshing energy to this mess.

Also, side note, man I really love that Selena song.

• Love 4
Just now, kitcloudkicker said:

I wonder if Kel’s votes are being hurt by him playing “against type.” Most people know him from roles as this high energy goofball idiot, and besides the fact that he slid out of his face week 1, he comes across much more serious. I’m sure he doesn’t want to be typecast as his teen self forever, but, like Alphonso, he may need to give the people what they want and bop around to a Goodburger dance.

I can see that, yeah. I like seeing this different side of him, he seems like a really nice guy, but yeah, I get your point, too. I also wonder how big the '90s Nickelodeon kids fanbase is-that might be a factor, too :p.

Also, side note, man I really love that Selena song.

So do I. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Curious where the lift police land on a squad of troupe dancers lifting up both partners (Val & Sailor). Guess that’s a loophole in the lift manual? You can’t lift your partner but others can? (I kinda enjoyed the dance, I mostly think lift policing is dumb)

Carrie Ann said that since Sailor wasn't lifted by her partner, it wasn't technically a lift. She commented to Val on intentionally doing it to get around the lift police.

• Love 5

Sean was freakin' last in the lineup and scored second lowest. While I agree that he seems more enthusiastic than Lamar about being here, he didn't even crack the bottom two. 

Kate and Pasha continue to impress me. 

I just don't get Karamo's scoring. Maybe he's such a good performer that I'm blinded to his technique. At any rate, I don't think Jenna's a good teacher, but Karamo is certainly better than Grocery Store Joe.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

I just don't get Karamo's scoring. Maybe he's such a good performer that I'm blinded to his technique. At any rate, I don't think Jenna's a good teacher, but Karamo is certainly better than Grocery Store Joe.

Karamo is better than Joe but he came into the show better than Joe so he already started at a higher point than Joe.  Also since the judges are emphasizing tougher scoring this season, I'd like to think if Joe were on this season he would be getting 3's and 4's max.  So it's hard to compare scores across seasons.  Both Bobby and Joe would/should be getting lower scores than they did last season if they were on this season.

I think Karamo is being scored a little bit low, but like 6's instead of 5's low.  But I also think he will be just fine in terms of sticking around because people feel like he's being unfairly targeted so they see him as the underdog who Len hates and needs saving.  Especially since as you said, he's a good performer.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Carrie Ann said that since Sailor wasn't lifted by her partner, it wasn't technically a lift. She commented to Val on intentionally doing it to get around the lift police.

Ah, see that’s what I get for only watching YouTube dances, I miss* that stuff!

* I don’t really miss it

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Well, I figured out one thing...I really don't miss the troupe! I like it when I can pay attention to the couple dancing, not a bunch of other people dancing.

Someone mentioned seeing Jonathan Scott with Zooey Deschanel. Drew was there also with his wife Linda(He had the heavy beard)

I know Disney has the say so but I really didn't need all of the Star Wars stuff...well, except for Tom sitting on the floor with the cute little robot!

• Love 5

Was anyone at all surprised that, given an assignment of Pretty Woman, literally the only route Gleb could see to go was "prostitute pulls over a john"? It's like the producers were just baiting him.

James and Kate were my faves. I expected Hannah to fare a little better in rumba than she did based just on her upper body lines last week, but in addition to the poor hip action, I thought she didn't finish them terribly well here despite Bruno and Carrie Ann's positive comments about it. I wouldn't have scored James behind Ally -- Ally's rumba had a lot of content, but James danced his quite well and especially compared to how male celebs on this show tend to manage it. It's too early for 9s but I might've given him the straight 8s and Ally a 7, or otherwise tied them since she set the scoring bar.

What was even the point of sending Mary home last week when Ray winds up out with injury lol. I kind of figure they kept him because they wanted to hang on to Cheryl over Brandon, but apparently fate had other plans all along.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, spanana said:

Kate/Pasha and James/Emma are my faves.  I continue to adore Kate/Pasha and I really like James too and Emma looks gorgeous dancing a rumba.

Most were fine.  Hannah does need to tone down the cheerleadery/pageanty movement and smile.  Ally is fine but I can't get excited over her.  Same on Sailor but I thought she was much better this week.  I think she does better in hold.

Gleb is destroying any possible hope Lauren has of succeeding.  She would be doing so much better with any other pro.

Karamo is a headscratcher.  I do think the judges are scoring him a tad low.  You can't give him 5's and then give Spicer 5's and act like that's normal.  But Karamo is a great likeable performer with a nice performance quality on the dance floor but his actual dancing is just off?  I would have given him 6's or Spicer should have gotten 3's or 4's.  I think both Lauren and Karamo would have been fared better with better teaching pros.

I finally figured out what is going wrong with JJ and karamo they have no dance chemistry. Now they seem like they get along great but once they hit that floor its no chemistry. Just a dry as can be. Im pretty sure Karamo would have had better chemistry with Sharna or Cheryl, those r the pros I picture with him not JJ.

• Love 2

I feel bad for Karamo.  As a beginner dancer his routine was really hard and very fast.  I appreciate the effort to push from Jenna but she knows how easy to get off choreo there on the jive...lots of different types of steps and floor movement.

I really love Kate.  She is a great dancer and big personality that radiates on the floor.  So pleasantly surprised.

• Love 10

Not a huge fan of Hannah.  Her consta-smile detracts from her performance.  She seems fake.  Plus she seems like she’s using her tv heartbreak as some kind of sympathy point but she chose to go on a reality TV show dating a bunch of guys and competing against a bunch of girls.  Not sure why her humiliation is our burden?  Meh 

Rays foot looked pretty nasty.  What was going on with Rashad’s waist?  It looked like he had some kind of contraption that was going to launch him in the air.  If that was pooch he needed dark pants.  They were so ill fitting.

• Love 4

Still love Kate!

And still LOATHE that awful song from Titanic.  Could not watch it for the seething hatred that song ignites in my soul. I gather it wasn't great anyway.

Tonight was the first time I enjoyed Ally.  She hasn't been bad, but I wasn't interested.  I thought she did really well in that Salena Rumba.

I wasn't particularly moved by anything else. The Beek was solid, but I'm getting tired of that song.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

How do they decide who gets guest singers to not butcher mainstream songs versus who gets the troupe singers?  Last week “senorita” was butchered to almost shrill unrecognizable notes.

this week “shallow” gets guest singers.  “I’m still standing” kinda sunk LOL.  Sometimes they have the rights to the original song version.  So random.  It’s like this every week.  If it were my choice I’d dance to the original version of any recognizable songs.

Lamar lol.  At least he was slightly happier this week.  Maybe because he didn’t have to do even a basic cha cha step till the end and he just needed to hop and bounce for most of the routine.  Hard to imagine with that much time he can’t do literally the first cha cha step.  I hope his journey reveals something positive to himself.  

• Love 2

Tonight was the first time I've really gotten to see James. Week 1, I got distracted by my niece and week 2, I forgot the show was on and missed the first 3 or 4 dancers. But I thought he did very well, I thought he was leading and this early in the season, that's nice to see. I liked Kel, I did see that he got off in one glaring spot in his dance. I'm not feeling the Karamo love, maybe it's because I'm just not as familiar with him. I think Kate may be the surprise dancer of this season. Sean does seem to be enjoying himself, but he's still not a good dancer, I'll be glad when he's gone. Lamar seemed to enjoy himself more tonight.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, spanana said:

I'd love to see Kate there, but I don't think this show is that forgiving to "older" women.  The others will have to cancel each other out at some point.  I also think Kate has had dance styles that complimented her the last few weeks.

Kate is my favorite as well.  So far she’s had a foxtrot, cha cha and quickstep.  I hope she can handle the other styles because she’s a joyous performer and very rhythmic.  Maybe age won’t be a problem.  Jennifer Grey won.  She was about 50 when she won but she was skinny.  I know Amber won and she’s not skinny but she’s young, and Glee was still on the air.

Lamar should go next and then Sean.  I agree with an earlier poster that James has no male competition.   I like Kel and Karamo but they are no match for James.  But the women are good. I always vote for the woman if she and a man competitor are about equal in performance/ability because the female celeb is required to do more.  That’s why I thought Ally’s rumba should’ve been scored higher than James.

• Love 6

I was so proud of Ally tonight, this was the first time I saw Sasha and her truly connect on the dancefloor. Hopefully she finally getting out of her head and really embracing the experience. I believe kate and her r my favorite women and James is fav dude. I still want to root for kel and karamo but something just isnt clicking witht their dancing so far again I feel karamos problem is selfabsorbed partner.

• Love 2

Did you guys see Lamar in the Star Lounge after Kel danced and he & Witney were getting their scores?  Lamar was trying to unwrap a piece of hard candy, but Peta smacked him on the leg, so he stopped and pretended to act like he was a part of the group. Maybe 20 seconds later, he was staring at that piece of candy and trying to unwrap it. Again.

You know he was in the damn front row of the Lounge as well. It’s so disrespectful to the others. He doesn’t want to be there, but he needs the money. Not my problem that he blew his money on “not drugs.”

I also can’t get on board with the Bachelor/ette people as some of you have already stated. Hannah hasn’t had a tough life or a rough year. She was Miss Alabama USA, competed on The Bachelor and then traveled the world while “dating” a bunch of good looking guys as The Bachelorette. I don’t want to drone on about my own problems, but I think everyone here has probably had a tougher year than Hannah Brown.

Kate was great!!! Also, Pasha is really good looking. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Damn it, we were almost rid of Lamar and then no elimination because of Ray's injury? I mean, I'm also fine with Ray leaving because of that whole pesky murder thing but Lamar needs to go ASAP.

Lauren's tango was okay but not great. I did not like her costume though, mostly because it was not flattering to her body type at all (and partly because it was so inaccurate - Viv never would have worn leopard print!). There were other iconic looks from Pretty Woman (the gorgeous red opera dress, the polka dot dress from the polo match) so it's not like this was their only option. Dancing wise, this was a little sloppy for me.

Hannah's rumba is what I expect from the younger female celebs - she memorized the choreography without a problem (wasn't fumbling to remember the steps or looking constipated while she concentrated) and she performed it competently. I think she has the potential to be much better than she did this week though.

Karamo's jive was definitely not even close to the worst I've seen on this show. I always feel bad for the celebs who are assigned jive earlier in the season because it's tough. It's high energy, fast paced, and requires a lot of precision and endurance.

Ally's rumba was well choreographed for her ability level but her execution was lacking. The main issue was her hip action which was non existent (moving your ass isn't the same as hip action). She was also doing some weird things with her hands. But bonus points for using a Selena song!

James' rumba once again demonstrated that even though he's not the greatest dancer of all time, he's good enough to pull off these dances convincingly with his attitude, body language, and acting. I'm not saying he's a bad dancer though (I mean, he's definitely the best male celeb this season), just that he really commits to the performance wholeheartedly and that helps sell the routines.

Kate's quickstep was so fun. I love how light on her feet she is. Pasha is doing a great job! He is teaching her content from the dance styles (unlike some of the other routines we have seen on this show where you can't even tell what style it's supposed to be) and she looks so comfortable and happy while dancing and performing.

Lamar's cha cha was not as painful to watch as his last two routines, but how much of that was actually a cha cha? Like ten seconds?

Sailor's tango was by far her best performance yet. That's not saying much since she had only a few days for her first dance and her routine last week was just okay, but still.

Kel's Titanic rumba was definitely not his best performance but I still want him here a million times more than I want Spicy, Ray, and Lamar.

• Love 10

With regard to Spicer, his “positive attitude” doesn’t change my opinion of him because of his week one tweet that the judges were overly harsh to him because he loves Christ.   Ever if I could get past his past as a professional liar, I can’t get past that tweet.  

Wish they had put Lamar and us out of our misery.

I never watched Dawson’s Creek so I never had an opinion on James, but he has really won me over.  Likewise Kate.  Usually I don’t care for the funny contestants since they often emphasize their wackiness over technique but she’s balanced both wonderfully.  

• Love 15

For the love of God the fact i have to see spice and Lamar stomping and walking around the dance floor again next week makes me wanna just bleach my eyes out. PUT LINDSAY AND PETA OUT OF THEIR MISERY!

As much as i love Sasha, i cant warm up to his partner and they have no chemistry...sigh

Emma and James for the win!

• Love 5

I thought this was pretty entertaining tbh.

What it IMO also showed is what a difference a good pro can make. This is the first time Sailor has made an impression. They got a goofy as hell song, but Val tailored it to her strengths and created a fun, pretty memorable routine for her. I'm sure that it was a tango and he could lead her more in the movements because they were in hold helped, but still. At the same time, Gleb IMO squandered the opportunity to create a good dance for a partner who has a lot of potential. The much better choreos Derek and Artem produced to the same music also don't really speak in his favour...

Too many rumbas that early on for me. Ally did well with hers, best dance so far. James was great for a third week and looked really comfortable and into the performance. Rumba is very unforgiving for male contestants, so that was awesome. Hannah was a bit hampered by the song, it seemed more like a foxtrot or something? But it wasn't her strongest outing IMO.

Kate and Pasha were super. Again. She's a great performer and obviously willing and able to learn pretty substantial dance content. And Pasha seems like magic. 😉 I mean, the teaching is there, the rapport with his celeb is there, he's choreographing fun, entertaining dances that play to his partner's strengths. Bringing in young new pros who learn on the job is cool, but when you have a seasoned dancer, teacher and choreographer who can hit the ground running, that's really impressive as well.

• Love 9

I am glad they got Rashad as a replacement for Ray to do the dance that they had rehearsed all week. Not only is Ferris Bueller's Day Off one of my favourite films ever, but Twist and Shout is one of my favourite songs. 

I am so happy to see Kate and Pasha do well. Pasha has certainly been impressing me as a pro, but at the same time, I need to see him choreograph a dance that's maybe a bit more serious. He's lucky in playing to Kate's strengths with her acting ability, but we know she can dance so I'd love to see a different side to her performances. 

James and Emma had a great night. Last week, it was a bit off for me. I didn't enjoy last week's dance as much as this week's. And no, it's not because they played the overplayed Shallow song. I just love watching James dance. If he's not the last man standing, then I don't even know what I'd do.

Karamo and Kel are on similar levels of dancing but I find that I simply enjoy....Kel more, actually. Karamo has energy and he looks like he's having a blast, but he's actually not that good of a dancer. A lot of it is Jenna's fault, especially with what she choreographed here, but it's also Karamo. Kel also has similar weaknesses when it comes to dancing, but I think the difference is that Witney knows how to choreograph and work to Kel's strengths. 

Sailor definitely had a better week. I wish I could say the same for Lauren, but...urg, Gleb. Lauren could have gotten better but she has Gleb for a partner, so no surprise when she's gone in a few weeks. 

Ally and Sasha definitely had a great dance. It's definitely not my favourite, but it was pretty good. 

I wanted to like Hannah's dance more than I did. Same with Lamar, who is trying but my god, he looks so miserable. He looks like he doesn't even want to be there most of the time. I've been fast forwarding through most of the scoring stuff since I'm only watching for the dances and scores during commercials of other shows, but I did catch a couple of the Erin interviews. I can't remember which celeb it was (maybe Ally?) but Lamar was right smack dab in the background with a sour look on his face while everyone else around him had big smiles. He seemed really lost in his head. 

I'm glad Ray is gone. I'm hoping Lamar is next because that man does NOT want to be there, you can just tell. At least Sean is trying. He may not be very good, but he's trying. 

Overall, still rooting for James, Hannah, Kel, and Kate. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

For the love of God the fact i have to see spice and Lamar stomping and walking around the dance floor again next week makes me wanna just bleach my eyes out. PUT LINDSAY AND PETA OUT OF THEIR MISERY!

As much as i love Sasha, i cant warm up to his partner and they have no chemistry...sigh

Emma and James for the win!

I think Sasha and Ally found chemistry last night, that was the first time I saw them connect not only on the floor but outside the floor. The couple that has zero chemistry who has potential is JJ and Karamo. Karamo would have benefited with another pro.

• Love 1

I just cant get into Hannah. Carrieanne hit it right on the wall, she is too cheerleader and her voice is so valley girl and annoying, I cant. I mean even her friends all have that annoying presence as she does, her package before the dance was cringeworthy.

• Love 5

I'm taking time to warm up to James, even though I can see that he's very good for a rank amateur  That rumba was super impressive for week 3 - in fact, he appears to be leading her very strongly and I think it would be super impressive weeks from now too.  I really watched him and that is saying something in a rumba.  I'm so glad that all the bedsheet costuming for the rumba has disappeared.

I agree that Val is looking a bit under the weather. 

Jane is the only woman that I actively like.  All the rest are ciphers to me.  I hate that song and that hairstyle (and did at the time too) though.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sister Havana said:

So if they disbanded the troupe and only have 2 unpaired pros plus Brandon, where the heck did all the extra dancers tonight come from? 

They hire them on one offs.  Kat Burns, who did the opening number, hired extra dancers for the opening number and then they were the same ones used as "troupe".  Which included some former DWTS troupers and some not, but might be recognizable for people that watch SYTYCD.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, crossover said:

Kate is my favorite as well.  So far she’s had a foxtrot, cha cha and quickstep.  I hope she can handle the other styles because she’s a joyous performer and very rhythmic.  Maybe age won’t be a problem.  Jennifer Grey won.  She was about 50 when she won but she was skinny.  I know Amber won and she’s not skinny but she’s young, and Glee was still on the air.

Maybe TMI, but Kate prior to this did talk about having a rough week.  Not on air, just in her own personal stories. I think she was having some issues with her feet and needing to wrap them, but more like bunion issues.  Not the type of things that cause one to withdraw (knock on wood).  I feel like if she can do a quickstep and do that footwork, I think Pasha could get her to do a decent job on jive.  She is light on her feet.  I also think she can do a serious tango.  The dances I'd expect her to struggle with the most are maybe samba and ones with hip action?  Or Rumba?

Edited by spanana
  • Love 5

Maybe if JJ stop trying so hard to be up in in Val's and Sailor rehearsal time then maybe she can teach Karamo better. She is so focused on whatever they are doing. She is so insecure. I guess her losing all that weight doesnt takeaway of her still self esteem issues.

I feel like she isnt giving karamo the time and energy he needs to be better than what he is because she so focused on her husband partnership with Sailor.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

Maybe if JJ stop trying so hard to be up in in Val's and Sailor rehearsal time then maybe she can teach Karamo better. She is so focused on whatever they are doing. She is so insecure. I guess her losing all that weight doesnt takeaway of her still self esteem issues.

I feel like she isnt giving karamo the time and energy he needs to be better than what he is because she so focused on her husband partnership with Sailor.

How do you know she's up in their rehearsal time?  I am no Jenna fan, but I think she's giving Karamo the time and energy but he's also been on the road a lot.  I don't know if they flew anywhere this week, but last week they were flying a lot and Karamo had a fever.  She was also sick.

I just think there is a difference between giving your partner your time and energy and just not being a great teacher of newbies.  I think Jenna tries and is invested in Karamo, but unless she has someone come in with a skill set, she doesn't know how to capitalize on it and take it to the next level.

Also since someone else mentioned it, I do think Jenna/Karamo have chemistry in life.  They seem to love each other in rehearsal footage.  During the dances though Jenna just usually has a smile plastered on her face while she tries to talk Karamo through the dance.  Which don't get me wrong in that all the pros talk their partners through the dance when needed but for some reason it's really obvious when she does it, so I think she's also so busy talking him through the dance that it maybe messes with their on the floor chemistry.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2