Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I've liked Diane since she came on the show. She added some much needed sass to all the mobby stuff. Reminded me of the type of characters Eve Arden used to play (anyone?). I was looking forward to seeing Joss being the one dumped by Dex leaving. Instead, now she gets to be the dumper and be oh so noble about it. What a letdown. I would like to see Nina and Sonny get back together but I want it to be Sonny's idea. It's awful seeing her humiliate herself for him. The ball's in Sonny's court, Nina. Give him a chance to get over it.
  3. As I was reading your post, I thought "Yay! Someone who knows how to write/speak properly." I also anticipate a lot of people asking themselves "Wait a minute, that can't be right, can it?"
  4. Didn't Stefan call his mother awhile back? I think she refused to help him because Gabi turned her in, and maybe cause he didn't do anything -- fuzzy on that part.
  5. I think it's annoying when the brief is, make a dessert inspired by xyz, and then the judges say, I don't see that xyz. No, you weren't meant to. This is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things because you know someone would have gotten dinged if they'd been too literal with the bugs. Also, Baked Alaska is supposed to be flaming -- brought to the table, doused in alcohol and lit on fire. Not pre-torched.
  6. Today
  7. A focus on the doctors and the work they do in the last two days with official writing change is what I come away with most. The intelligence and care given over to the Heather situation despite her many insane crimes - and it's true, before '04 Heather (while batshit crazy) wasn't a totally irredeemable psychopath. And the fun back and forth between Laura and Robert over it in the background was neat. I assume this is being done so PM can continue to use Alley Mills probably similarly to her supporting B&B role of the slightly nuts sister Pam (who Mulcahey wrote for), though Heather was always a lot more nuts than Pam. I'm dubious but if they keep using Heather as a foil/talk-to for Laura I could potentially if grudgingly get behind something like that, because AM is talented and the roots are there with Laura and Heather in classic episodes involving them and their families you can find on YT, and it's nice to see that touched on. But Mills is gonna have to seriously tone down her performance. What really impressed me though were the Ashford family scenes with Kevin. That was very good stuff and clearly a labor of love for Mulcahey given his past work re: minority issues, and it felt to me like GH fulfilling its social contract with the viewers for the first time in a long time. They haven't gone near abortion or birth control or COVID in many recent years, just had people keep pumping out babies which I found shameful, but this is a good start back from that. Those scenes were long, layered, intelligent and emotional, and made me actually invest in Hat Dad's feelings for the first time. It reminded me of the show that gave Robin AIDS and educated its afterschool audience, and that made me proud. And LOL I do appreciate Diane reading Julian and Britt for filth as dead perjurers. I may have very limited tolerance for ol' Diane but those scenes with Alexis were spiky and smart as she broke down exactly how Alexis could get back into the law. As for Nina, she is clearly harkening back to apeshit classic Nina from the Stafford days - spoiled, snarky, OTT and histrionic. Which I find Watros has often played the undercurrent of to get through years of boring material, but now it's really defined. Which is fine by me, it's who the character has always been. Time to let her loose! Ava: I do think she is still deep in all this. I can also buy her becoming legit dickmatized for Sonny during the course of her scheme while also having worked him from the start. She's fallen for (somehow) worse men, or even lamer ones like Morgan and Griffin Munro. This is the woman who brought us Aunt Denise DiMuccio. She's both brilliant and down bad!
  8. https://www.the-sun.com/tv/10798488/wendy-williams-lifetime-docuseries-earnings/ Wendy only got paid $400,000 for her documentary. That's crazy.
  9. https://www.the-sun.com/tv/10798488/wendy-williams-lifetime-docuseries-earnings/ Wow. Wendy was only paid $400,000 for this documentary. I'm astonished the figure is that low.
  10. So true. Then Show gives us several scenes of Brady and Eric, and the stupid starts to multiply like the Trouble with Tribbles. Thank the Soap Gods Brady has Eric as a sort of brother, because Eric's stupidity is so epic, Brady almost looks smartish by comparison. By the time Jude is potty trained, the kid will indisputably be smarter than his dad. WTF, Show. Not that I care, or have ever cared about the retconned Vivian Alamain Dimera kiddies, but if the writers remembered anything, then they'd have Stefan O! calling his Alamain mommy to rescue him, no need for EJ at all.
  11. Just this Allstate Mayhem ad with Larry Bird and I am crying.
  12. Let’s meet in chit chat section.
  13. The traditional schedule for regular games was five episodes per day, which was reduced at the end of Alex's run when he could no longer keep up with that pace. Things can get changed around a bit in a tournament. The J! Archive always lists the taping dates. For this ToC, it has: - The first five quarter-final games on 2/6 - The remaining four on 2/7 - The three semi-final games on 2/8 - The first two final games also on 2/8 - The next three final games thus far on 2/9 So presumably game six and, if necessary, game seven will have been from that same long day.
  14. This show makes me think of Z Nation minus the zombies.
  15. Hmm, so in her dream Elena’s father demeans her, verbally degrades her. That breaks Zubak’s spell? How is Zubak not executed, after putting his hands on Elena and beating that guy to a pulp? How does Elena have that British accent? Yes educated in the West but she was telling off American reporters and Senator Holt with all the British superciliousness. But Elena has invited sanctions and she may have to cave to the Americans. Or be deposed by a coup from the people losing money because of sanctions and before that her refusing the US access to her country’s resources.
  16. Robert could have asked one of the other contestants to describe a hand pie. American bakers have to bake pastries from other countries all the time.
  17. The previous regime didn't seem to think in terms of stories. They had occasional events and then things people can talk about between the events. That's the difference I felt immediately once the new writers were involved. Jason's return/the threat to Sonny already feels like an actual story. It feels like we are actually going somewhere again. One thing leads to another that leads to another. I may not love the direction each story is moving in (Ava should have feelings ABOUT Sonny not FOR Sonny, it's a very big difference!) But there is momentum again.
  18. If Maria's not the Bachelorette, the producers seriously misjudged the situation. The applause she got at WTA was pretty insane.
  19. Same. It was a very moving scene. Yup. Not like seeing Kyle Richards cry for the thousandth time.
  20. He didn't throw a chair or break a glass, that was Ashley's memory enhancing what happened. They did fight, a glass was knocked over and it was unpleasant, but not as obviously threatening as Ashley remembered. That was how the staff remembered it, a staff who Tracy interviewed and believed.
  21. I found that show too creepy to finish, so I didn’t remember he was in it. Yes scary indeed.
  22. They should have found old saliva and fresh saliva, though, no?
  23. LOL, I figured it was your husband, but didn't want to presume. I read your post as a stand-alone, hence my questioning. I pretty much agree with your husband. I watch in spite of Guy. 😀
  24. I would also like to be PM’d where to find everyone. I am overwhelmed when I look at some of the other sites mentioned here. Please send details of the exact threads where I can find my dear small talk friends. TIA
  25. So Peggy grew up in the US but has an accent and doesn't understand common expressions? Is she a "child of the world" a la Dorit?
  26. Two people that provoke a visceral reaction in me. I personally think that would have been another match made in hell. Alyssa was a real wacko. She may have liked Brennan but I have a feeling he wouldn't have liked her back. I think the fur would have really flown between them!
  1. Load more activity