Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Love, Love Me Stew

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Yeah, bringing him back was an epic fail. He was so miserable that he was insufferable.

I haven't missed the nasty stew-fights of seasons past. And I think the three of them were pranking Sandy and production, refusing to fight and blithely serving up hugs and kisses.

Sandy made a deal with the production devil to thrust her nonsense into every scene, sabotaging her efforts to be a reality TV darling.

Joao and his attempts to go back to work, and getting shot down: he's desperately trying to keep his big dog position and maximize camera time. And suck up to his reality TV partner Sandy.

The ocean was deep navy blue - gorgeous. Did we see more choppy seas this season? I would be face down in my bed, miserable with seasickness.

I think he was just miserable being in bed doing absolutely nothing. You should see his Instagram he's always thanking her for believing in him and encouraging him. He's basically like a child seeking his mother's approval.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Holy Hell!! Hannah’s Gatsby decor looks like a Saints themed Mardi Gras party. I know because I have thrown them and gone to them. While fun, it’s hardly a  five star Gatsby themed party. 🙄 

Who Dat, baby!! 😉

Hannah and her staff would be incapable of decorating a table if they took those glass pebbles away from them and banned balloons and streamers from the boat.  Oh, let's put out a martini glass with cheap beads in it!  Oooo la la!  It's like they're decorating tables for budget prom.

Honestly, it's not that hard.  They should have boxes of reusable materials (in addition to or other than those glass pebbles).  Maybe even a series of go-to set ups that they regularly put out.  The guests change every few days.  No one will know that the set up has been seen before.

Sandy has her faults, but I'm really now seeing her issues with the inside staff.   They're busy with socializing, hanging out, anything other than their jobs for way too much of the time.  It's great they get along.  Now get along and take care of the guests.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Aunt Tibby won't have any supper now. 

Aunt Tibby is back on her diet (love Crappens). 

1 hour ago, snarts said:

Someone please tell me that Captain Sandy is still in the US.  

Oh she’s filming. My only text last night to my friends was “Sandy is a [jerk].”

Two things-

1-it doesn’t bother me when they sit on the table to set it because I don’t eat my food directly off the table but a plate instead & they don’t have go go gadget arms. The counter sitting is another story. 

2-did they actually show Ben on the toilet or was I hallucinating? Both are possible. 

• Love 7

Sandy was a giant PITA this episode and she needs to back off the micromanaging but I am always confused by the timing of meals on this boat. I get that they likely schedule breakfast later because generally the guests are hung over and sleep in and on the last day the breakfast is likely their last meal but these folks went to bed fairly early (Hannah even commented on it) and yet they still schedule breakfast for 10:30? If these people were in bed by midnight, 10:30 would be an awfully late breakfast. They were all up by 8, 8:30 - do they never adjust the timing of the meal at all? Yeah the view is gorgeous but I’d be starving sitting there drinking coffee for 2 hours looking at it. And do they only offer them coffee at that time? They pointed out that the orange juice was not squeezed yet - you’d think they’d have that ready to go in case someone wanted a morning mimosa when they got up. 

Honestly both Hannah and Sandy can go at this point for me. Sandy is annoying as hell and isn’t sure what kind of manager she wants to be which just leads to poor management and Hannah is just not cut out for this kind of level of service. Sandy is the worst but she is not wrong when she says in the preview that Hannah doesn’t have a passion for yachting and it shows in her work. 

At the same time, Sandy is delusional if she found scheduling some can-can dancers and throwing some Halloween decorations on the table to be “mind blowing.” I think Sandy is the type of manager who wants to point out your faults only so she can claim that her management is what improved your performance. That is the only excuse for her being so blown away by Hannah’s work on the last charter. It's like she is saying “See, look what you can do when you listen to me!” So annoying and stupid.

• Love 19
26 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Sandy was a giant PITA this episode and she needs to back off the micromanaging but I am always confused by the timing of meals on this boat. I get that they likely schedule breakfast later because generally the guests are hung over and sleep in and on the last day the breakfast is likely their last meal but these folks went to bed fairly early (Hannah even commented on it) and yet they still schedule breakfast for 10:30? If these people were in bed by midnight, 10:30 would be an awfully late breakfast....

But, if I'm not mistaken, Anastasia and Hannah were talking about the brunch, not the breakfast. Anybody else ? (I already deleted this ep, so I can't double-check)

• Love 6
11 hours ago, spunky said:

Sandy is the Captain of all micromanagers as well as an attention seeker. I’m surprised she didn’t show up in Joao’s cabin to micromanage his fever.

Whereas Capt. Lee is the EXACT opposite.  He wants to deal with the boat and believes his supervisors for deck and interior need to handle problems.  Sandy's whole pique about the "white glove service" is bullshit.  Why did Aesha go to SANDY to ask about it?  Why didn't she ask Hannah first?  And why should Sandy give a frog's leg about whether they do white glove service for dinner or not?   I'm not a Hannah fan by any means but Aesha should have told her that she'd asked Sandy about it and Sandy was enthusiastic about it.  Aesha overstepped but hey - DRAMA!!!

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

But, if I'm not mistaken, Anastasia and Hannah were talking about the brunch, not the breakfast. Anybody else ? (I already deleted this ep, so I can't double-check)

They definitely said brunch. More than once. So 10:30 makes sense. 

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Special K said:

Didn't the time stamp say 1:27 AM or something when that smarmy guy was asking Hannah for the nightcap?

I didn’t see the time stamp and just made an assumption based on the comments about them going to bed early. I forget that “early” is relative on a show when there are many times guests stay up drinking almost until dawn! 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Whereas Capt. Lee is the EXACT opposite.  He wants to deal with the boat and believes his supervisors for deck and interior need to handle problems.  

In part this is because he has a chief stew who does her job well and hasn't had problems in the past such as schtupping guests or deckhands.  Or having a multi day panic attack because she couldn't control who was dating whom on the boat.   Kate takes no crap off of her staff.  Lee takes none off of his.  They're a good team. 

Capt Lee would have zero tolerance for Hannah.  

• Love 19
11 hours ago, spunky said:

That was pretty tacky of him to even invite her to visit him knowing he has a girlfriend. Travis did a good job picking up the slack.

What I'm a little curious about was Hannah's comment about "but you're not single are you" or something like that. I couldn't tell if that was her putting out feelers to check if he was single or if she already knew. The way she asked sounded like she kinda already knew he wasn't single. Oh and ummm how's the girlfriend gonna take it when she's see it aired? Like how dumb is this dude.

But regardless, I thought it was disgusting of him to be hitting on Hannah like that. Flirting is one thing straight up hitting on her when he's seeing someone is all kinds of gross. I got the impression that he was looking at it like he's just trying to hook up with the help. Woo Hoo got laid with the chick who serves the drinks. He didn't have any game tho and went about it the wrong way by trying to woooo her with invitations to visit. Probably to make it seem like his interest in her was legit and so maybe he may get a bit of a preview up front if he pretended he was interested in having her visit him in the future. 

• Love 9

Appears that the guests requested a 10:30am brunch on their departure day. We saw Anastasia confirm the time with Ben and no guests were up at 8:30am to witness Captain Sandy's tirade. 

The last guests went to sleep just before 2am and there was a timestamp of 3am-ish when Hannah went to bed. 

After watching what 9-10 seasons of below deck & BDM, I know that the run the stews on 3 staggered shifts: early/mid/late. Sandy demanding that two stews be on service at all times does not allow for that schedule to work effectively. It's like she's never captained a ship before. I get it's for dramatic purposes but it makes her look like a fool. 

From what I've seem on twitter, sandy's partner is ill and she was tweeting up a storm last night. Whereas Hannah has been super quiet on all social media. Still hoping Sandy opted out/was dumped. 

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

I really don't understand why Sandy had a thing about the tablescapes...  When she said some thing like "when the guests come up and walk out first thing... I want them to see the table" Ummm you are in the freaking South of France, I am thinking the view is the first thing they want to see...

Not pieces of dollar tree marbles with star fish thrown on a pashmina... Buttttt that's me. 😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, terrymct said:

Sandy has her faults, but I'm really now seeing her issues with the inside staff.   They're busy with socializing, hanging out, anything other than their jobs for way too much of the time.  It's great they get along.  Now get along and take care of the guests.

Sandy is truly bugging me but you're right with this.

Aesha and Stasia planning a spa day and not answering their radios? Stasia taking photos of the water and not answering again later in the day. What in the ever loving fuck? And I do understand that Ben can be a pain but Hannah telling Aesha about more plan ideas after the season is over causing another one of Aesha's cringe inducing squeals or whatever you call what she does, is just asking for more tension from Ben. Hannah can be petty as well and I don't get why at over 30 these guys can't resist the urge to be childish with one another.

Aesha is waaaaay too worried about hanging on Jack every chance she gets and I find that utterly sad and disappointing. Especially since we know that particular "relationship" was just about Jack getting to bang her. I don't know if she's deliberately playing the role of sweet, naive, everything is soooo sweet or if she really believes Jack's intentions were long term. Either way, her handling of the whole situation is a very sad sight. 

1 hour ago, jmcd44 said:

2-did they actually show Ben on the toilet or was I hallucinating? Both are possible. 

Yeah, I rewound that part a few times but it looks like he was drying off his down below parts with his robe. I'm guessing he was just out of the shower and using his robe in lieu of a towel. Either way that was a bit of a skeevy looking scene. 

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

They definitely said brunch. More than once. So 10:30 makes sense. 

But then what happens if someone gets up earlier?

I get that Sandy was waaaaaaayyyy extreme but I'm actually confused about what guests are supposed to do if they are up at 7am, 8am, 9am... 

I guess Stasia was there to deal with any ala carte request for early risers?

But to be honest it still seemed like there was nothing in place at all that seem inviting or available for anyone who would be up and about before brunch.

It's just about the air and the vibe. I wouldn't want to feel like I've walked into a "work in progress" or like I've arrived too early to a place that's not yet open for business. That's odd to wake up to. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I really don't understand why Sandy had a thing about the tablescapes...  When she said some thing like "when the guests come up and walk out first thing... I want them to see the table" Ummm you are in the freaking South of France, I am thinking the view is the first thing they want to see...

Not pieces of dollar tree marbles with star fish thrown on a pashmina... Buttttt that's me. 😉

I would also think you wouldn't want the early risers sitting down at the breakfast/brunch table two hours before you plan to serve them food!  Coffee/juice service first, in a more scenic spot, sounds perfect to me.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

But then what happens if someone gets up earlier?

What they do every time that happens, they ask them if they can get them anything to drink and ask if they want to wait for everyone to get up for breakfast. While they have a sort of loose schedule they definitely go with what the guests want.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I get that Sandy was waaaaaaayyyy extreme but I'm actually confused about what guests are supposed to do if they are up at 7am, 8am, 9am... 

Use all the toys the deck crew put out? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Between Anastasia always sitting on the table (and usually with her shoes) when doing the decor and Aesha straddling Jack on the kitchen counter, I just hope they do a lot of sanitizing of the surfaces. 

Cannot agree more!  A real pet peeve of mine, butts on counter top/ tables - gross!  

• Love 3

Especially since we know that particular "relationship" was just about Jack getting to bang her.

Pretty sure she was just in it to bang him too so I'm not sure why anyone has to act like she's some pathetic 5 stage clinger. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Sandy doesn't care that much about table setting.

It's all for TV, especially barking at Anastasia to wake up the other stews NOW!.

They want a finale cliffhanger.  Will Hanna quit or will she be back next season.

Stay tuned!!!

She'll be back, and they'll say they've patched up, and Hanna will say she will be better, etc.

Seriously, Bravo is so transparent.

• Love 10

We have seen many guests wake up and have their coffee while they are on deck enjoying the view.  The stews put out croissants and other breakfast pastry.  When all the guests are up they have a sit down breakfast.  It is usually very laid back.  Sandy went batshit for no reason.  Hannah and the stews knew what they were doing.  

Sandy and Ben "concern" that the stew were getting too much rest was ridiculous.  It is maritime law that all crew be given a full 8 hours a day for sleep and are not to be working more than 14 hours a day.  This is because a crew that is overtired and burned out is much more likely to make mistakes that can lead to serious accidents.  It is a huge safety issue.  Hannah is right to schedule breaks for her stews.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19

Forgot to say that it was pleasant to watch Travis smoothly slip into the role of a skilled bosun with a minimum of fuss and grandstanding. He's quite handsome when not staggering about with booze.

Continuity: noticed Sandy's longer hair and Hannah's fuller face in some of the talking heads.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kate_Chastain/status/1176308816692072449

Kate tweeted:

Who knew “Great Gatsby” was French for Mardi Gras #BelowDeckMed

But Capt Sandy even came to Hannah’s defense on the aftershow explaining that the owner or Sirroco were really pissed with how production left their stuff after season 2 so they had unbeknownst to production, pulled every single item that would usually be on that boat off of it just before they started filming. Hannah said every cabinet they opened where stuff would usually be stored was empty therefore they Hannah had less to work with this season than any other season in terms of table decor.... 

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

We have seen many guests wake up and have their coffee while they are on deck enjoying the view.  The stews put out croissants and other breakfast pastry.  When all the guests are up they have a sit down breakfast.  It is usually very laid back.  Sandy went batshit for no reason.  Hannah and the stews knew what they were doing.  

Sandy and Ben "concern" that the stew were getting too much rest was ridiculous.  It is maritime law that all crew be given a full 8 hours a day for sleep and are not to be working more than 14 hours a day.  This is because a crew that is overtired and burned out is much more likely to make mistakes that can lead to serious accidents.  It is a huge safety issue.  Hannah is right to schedule breaks for her stews.

This was actually the first fight sandy had with Hannah if you go back to the start of season 2–Hannah was staying up all night trying to prep the boat for the first charter and Sandy got mad and went on this huge rant about the importance of getting a full night’s sleep...  

it’s like Hannah can’t win. 

But we know from discussion, based on ppl who have seen them filming in Antibes etc., in the thread for Holy Ship that Sandy and Hannah are both back filming as we speak for the next season so it would appear they’ll have to sort it out eventually. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, ElizabethCarey said:
13 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kate_Chastain/status/1176308816692072449

Kate tweeted:

Who knew “Great Gatsby” was French for Mardi Gras #BelowDeckMed

But Capt Sandy even came to Hannah’s defense on the aftershow explaining that the owner or Sirroco were really pissed with how production left their stuff after season 2 so they had unbeknownst to production, pulled every single item that would usually be on that boat off of it just before they started filming. Hannah said every cabinet they opened where stuff would usually be stored was empty therefore they Hannah had less to work with this season than any other season in terms of table decor.... 

When production had Ana shop for table decorations in a "tourist trap" shop, it is no wonder she did not find anything that was not tacky.  These shops cater to tourist looking for souvenirs to take home.  You usually find the same crap in shop after shop.  In order to find something decent they would need to go further into town, where the locals shop.  If the cabinets that held the decorations were all empty, production should have sent an intern shopping to stock up on those supplies.  However, it did give Sandy something to go batshit over, so there is that.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ElizabethCarey said:

This was actually the first fight sandy had with Hannah if you go back to the start of season 2–Hannah was staying up all night trying to prep the boat for the first charter and Sandy got mad and went on this huge rant about the importance of getting a full night’s sleep.

It’s like Sandy goes out of her way to make all the wrong decisions because Hannah was correct she was fresh and not tired and organizing the ship contents would make it a lot easier for them to do their job and therefore have a less stressful first charter! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, blixie said:

Pretty sure she was just in it to bang him too so I'm not sure why anyone has to act like she's some pathetic 5 stage clinger. 

Cause that's how she presents herself. Whether or not there was some savy "getting hers, all about the d" chick under there, the role she chose to play (for what reason, I don't know, if she's was in it in the same horndog way as Jack) shows her as someone who was duped into sex.  And considering her immature and unhealthy approach to sex I don't think it's a stretch to think that she was in some way manipulated to give it up.  If she wasn't then I find it doubly stupid to present yourself in a way that would make it seem that you possibly got played. 

1 hour ago, ElizabethCarey said:

Does production deal with the stuff or would that mean that the interior crew left everything in a state that pissed off the owners? Because if that’s the case wouldn’t it still be Hannah’s fault just for a different reason?

Though I do wonder how much tidying the TV cast crew does on their way out or if they leave most of it for production since once the cameras are not rolling they are basically done with their jobs which is first to be on a TV show and second to be the crew of a yacht.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, spunky said:

I think he was just miserable being in bed doing absolutely nothing. You should see his Instagram he's always thanking her for believing in him and encouraging him. He's basically like a child seeking his mother's approval.

Not particularly a fan of Joao but he can't win can he?

Last season he was too much of a monster, this season, too much of a suck up.

Is he getting a bad edit?

Or is he faking it this season?

He's shown Jack a lot more patience than I ever would have.

Has Joao found zen or is it just too broken by Brooke dumping him to be the old vicious Joao?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, scrb said:

too much of a suck up.

Last season he was also a suck up so that’s not new, he even gave the lying stew advice to just follow his lead and suck up to Sandy because he knows how easily manipulated she is when someone is kissing her ass.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Between Anastasia always sitting on the table (and usually with her shoes) when doing the decor and Aesha straddling Jack on the kitchen counter, I just hope they do a lot of sanitizing of the surfaces. 

That really drives me crazy.  Tables are for glasses not for asses.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:
5 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Yeah, I rewound that part a few times but it looks like he was drying off his down below parts with his robe. I'm guessing he was just out of the shower and using his robe in lieu of a towel. Either way that was a bit of a skeevy looking scene. 

Thank you!!!!  That makes so much more sense.  I was wondering if the producers had a bet on who could get the most intrusive footage.

• LOL 4
22 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Whereas Capt. Lee is the EXACT opposite.  He wants to deal with the boat and believes his supervisors for deck and interior need to handle problems.  Sandy's whole pique about the "white glove service" is bullshit.  Why did Aesha go to SANDY to ask about it?  Why didn't she ask Hannah first?  And why should Sandy give a frog's leg about whether they do white glove service for dinner or not?   I'm not a Hannah fan by any means but Aesha should have told her that she'd asked Sandy about it and Sandy was enthusiastic about it.  Aesha overstepped but hey - DRAMA!!!

I've been rolling my eyes so hard these past few episodes I'm surprised they didn't get stuck. I'm no Captain Lee fan, but I agree with his approach completely. If you're doing the supervisors jobs then you don't need them. Aesha annoys me  to no end with her immaturity, so I'm not surprised she didn't see her undermining behavior. Sandy just needs to have several seats and drive the damn boat.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

What I'm a little curious about was Hannah's comment about "but you're not single are you" or something like that. I couldn't tell if that was her putting out feelers to check if he was single or if she already knew. The way she asked sounded like she kinda already knew he wasn't single. Oh and ummm how's the girlfriend gonna take it when she's see it aired? Like how dumb is this dude.

But regardless, I thought it was disgusting of him to be hitting on Hannah like that. Flirting is one thing straight up hitting on her when he's seeing someone is all kinds of gross. I got the impression that he was looking at it like he's just trying to hook up with the help. Woo Hoo got laid with the chick who serves the drinks. He didn't have any game tho and went about it the wrong way by trying to woooo her with invitations to visit. Probably to make it seem like his interest in her was legit and so maybe he may get a bit of a preview up front if he pretended he was interested in having her visit him in the future. 

He's probably used to women throwing themselves at him. Which is no excuse for his grossness. I think Hannah was willing to risk it all and was trying to make sure it was safe for her proceed.

1 hour ago, scrb said:

Not particularly a fan of Joao but he can't win can he?

Last season he was too much of a monster, this season, too much of a suck up.

Is he getting a bad edit?

Or is he faking it this season?

He's shown Jack a lot more patience than I ever would have.

Has Joao found zen or is it just too broken by Brooke dumping him to be the old vicious Joao?

I actually like him, especially after all he's done for the Bahamas. It just seems as though people want him to be the old Joao. My issue with his Sandy love, is that she seems to enjoy him constantly seeking her approval. She knew how to hit him where it hurts when she said she told him if she was a man he would listen to her. Meanwhile he's only had positive things to say about her.

• Love 3

The entire lot of 'em make me sick and tired - - Da Dame- Cap’ain, Boring Hannah, Really-Truly-Knows-How-to-KissAzz -Manipulative-Joao, AGGRAVATiNG combo of Braying-Aesha and Chompers-Jack, Narcissistic Ben, Afterthought-Anastasia ... Really, by the end, the only one who did not irritate me was Travis.

* The only thing to do is revamp. Get an  ENTiRELY  NEW  CAST of characters/staff.

*why do 'clients, staff’,...mention Hannah’s age relationships but never the males’ age when they are of similar or older age . Huh, why?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Forgot to say that it was pleasant to watch Travis smoothly slip into the role of a skilled bosun with a minimum of fuss and grandstanding. He's quite handsome when not staggering about with booze.

Travis has been in yachting for so much longer than Joao. He's been a bosun before. If you've seen the After Show, you know that Sandy can't give Travis a compliment and move along. No because he's not her favorite--Joao. She says that Travis is from the sailing world and they stay in the business because they love the ocean, but he'll never be a captain. Joao will be a captain. Joao is just such a kind person. I wish dumbass Sandy would shut the fuck up.

I think about all of the people who we've seen Lee deal with. Has he ever said this shit about who does or doesn't have a yacht career in him or her? Maybe in season 1, but I think to the best of my recollection he just wishes them the best of luck and lets them go.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

You make a good point, because my initial reaction was that she got played.  Then I read that he had gone back to his REAL girlfriend (I don't know whether to laugh or cry) and she was cool with it.  Sheesh, who knows.  There was a little something off with Aesha anyway. 

Exactly and Jack got what he wanted by playing to her intimate/friendly getting to know each other approach to relationships. So he either pulled a con that was obvious as fuck or she wanted the same thing no fuss no muss but felt like she needed some Snow White cover when all she wanted was to bang too.. Im not too inclined to believe that Aesha was just all about the D but I can also believe that she wanted him to work for it at least a little bit so that she doesn’t feel used at the end of the day.. All I know is that for me it’s a sad sight to see the women on this show unsure about how to tackle hooking up during the season. You’re either comfortable smashing and moving on or you have hangs ups about that sort of thing and therefore should just get through the season smash free. I think Riley came the closest to having a drama free hook up and even then the dude she was hooking up with managed to overreact and unnecessarily made the vibe weird. 

Casual sex IS NOT easy to pull off especially for women unless you are 100% sure that you can handle the pontential roller coaster of awkwardness. 

Some women aren’t comfortable with how vulgar a quick and easy hook up will make them look so they want to create some fake boundaries or come up with conditions when all they want to do is smash.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, terrymct said:

In part this is because he has a chief stew who does her job well and hasn't had problems in the past such as schtupping guests or deckhands.  Or having a multi day panic attack because she couldn't control who was dating whom on the boat.   Kate takes no crap off of her staff.  Lee takes none off of his.  They're a good team. 

Capt Lee would have zero tolerance for Hannah.  

Pretty much. Captain Lee is given a lot of credit for focusing on the “important things”, but he has a very capable chief stew to focus on the other stuff. He’d be a micromanager, too, if he had someone like Hannah leading the interior. If Kate ever did BDM, I suspect Captain Sandy would be a lot less hands-on. If Hannah ever did the original BD, I suspect Captain Lee would be hard on Hannah.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Travis has been in yachting for so much longer than Joao. He's been a bosun before. If you've seen the After Show, you that Sandy can't give Travis a compliment and move along. No because he's not her favorite--Joao. She says that Travis is from the sailing world and they stay in the business because they love the ocean, but he'll never be a captain. Joao will be a captain. Joao is just such a kind person. I wish dumbass Sandy would shut the fuck up.

I think about all of the people who we've seen Lee deal with. Has he ever said this shit about who does or doesn't have a yacht career in him or her? Maybe in season 1, but I think to the best of my recollection he just wishes them the best of luck and lets them go.

According to his social media, Joao has his captain’s license. I’m guessing she said that because she’s been mentoring him. However it is a nasty thing to say that someone would never be something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Pretty much. Captain Lee is given a lot of credit for focusing on the “important things”, but he has a very capable chief stew to focus on the other stuff. He’d be a micromanager, too, if he had someone like Hannah leading the interior. If Kate ever did BDM, I suspect Captain Sandy would be a lot less hands-on. If Hannah ever did the original BD, I suspect Captain Lee would be hard on Hannah.

I don’t know we have seen him have a bosun that didn’t have a deck crew that had its shit together and he didn’t micromanage his bosun, he told them to fix it or he would by firing either the bosun or the crew.

Aderienne also wasn’t that great of a chief stew and a horrible manager with horrible stews and he didn’t micromanage her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, spunky said:

According to his social media, Joao has his captain’s license. I’m guessing she said that because she’s been mentoring him. However it is a nasty thing to say that someone would never be something.

It's doubtful that Sandy's mentoring had anything to do with Joao's captain's license. How would she find the time in between her endless tweeting? Below Deck generally has a lot of captains in the deck crew. Aleks, Chandler, Bryan, and EJ all had their 200ft licenses before appearing on the show. Kelley became a captain between seasons 2 and 4. Eddie had his tugboat license. Colin had been a ferry captain for years. Rhylee had her fishing boat license. I believe Sam might have even been licensed to pilot her family's catamaran before season 1. Bobby has since gotten his captain's license; Aleks was his mentor. Aleks even hired looney tunes Rocky for some time. Aleks seems to be the go to real life mentor in Below Deck. It's not surprising because Aleks was the original captain for season 1. The owner balked and insisted that they use the boat's original Captain, Lee.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The owner balked and insisted that they use the boat's original Captain, Lee.

Thank god could you imagine a whole season of the way he handled the CJ/Sam situation when Captain Lee let Aleks handle it? 

I have a lot of issues with Captain Lee but he and Sandy clearly manage people and their job responsibilities and I think it’s more about who they are as people and captains not who there chief stew is or is not.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's doubtful that Sandy's mentoring had anything to do with Joao's captain's license. How would she find the time in between her endless tweeting? Below Deck generally has a lot of captains in the deck crew. Aleks, Chandler, Bryan, and EJ all had their 200ft licenses before appearing on the show. Kelley became a captain between seasons 2 and 4. Eddie had his tugboat license. Colin had been a ferry captain for years. Rhylee had her fishing boat license. I believe Sam might have even been licensed to pilot her family's catamaran before season 1. Bobby has since gotten his captain's license; Aleks was his mentor. Aleks even hired looney tunes Rocky for some time. Aleks seems to be the go to real life mentor in Below Deck. It's not surprising because Aleks was the original captain for season 1. The owner balked and insisted that they use the boat's original Captain, Lee.

He said he got it after filming last season. I could see her making the time to mentor him, because she loves being continuously praised. Which is what he does whenever she mentions how proud of him she is. I think that’s why she had her tirade last week, because he forgot  to tell her just how amazing she is.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 2