Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Love, Love Me Stew

• Start Topic

The crew prepares for the final charter of the season; with Joao sidelined with a fever, Travis is forced to step up; bad weather rolls into the South of France; when Anastasia gets on Sandy's bad side, Hannah bears the brunt of the captain's fury.

Airs September 23, 2019.

• Love 1

I think it is unlikely that they will fire Call Me Captain Sandy since they like to have continuity from season to season. It seems in both versions they keep the same Captain and Chief Stew. If they ar going to let anybody go it is Hannah since she didn’t bring it this year.

I do agree that Sandy should go and they should make a clean sweep. I just don’t see it.

• Love 13

I’m still wondering where Sandy was when she thought they were doing white glove service.  It seemed like she checked on every other dinner and seemed particularly excited that they were going to do white glove. Why didn’t she check in on the service that wasn’t?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

While fun, it’s hardly a  five star Gatsby themed party. 🙄 

I feel like everyone who wants a “Gatsby” be themed dinner haven’t read the book or he’ll even seem the movie, skip the tragic melancholy and just say 20s. 

• Love 24
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I feel like everyone who wants a “Gatsby” be themed dinner haven’t read the book or he’ll even seem the movie, skip the tragic melancholy and just say 20s. 

Right whatever but Hannah’s decor looks like some cheap-ass after hours Bourbon street shit. Her decor was more fitting for a Hurricane from Pat O’s rather than a hand beaded silk dresses and an ice cold Gibson straight up. 🙄

• Love 11

Sandy is the Captain of all micromanagers as well as an attention seeker. I’m surprised she didn’t show up in Joao’s cabin to micromanage his fever. Colin remains hilarious and adorable. I like Ben, but he is a Mariah Carey sized diva this season and needs to chill out. I see Hannah likes getting yelled at. Flirting with the charter guest should be the last thing on her mind while dealing with her fire breathing dragon of a boss. I get Joao wanting to work while sick, I did exactly that last week with a fever for two days. It’s boring just lying in bed, so I totally empathize with him. Aesha and Jack can go away now with their grossness.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, spunky said:

Flirting with the charter guest should be the last thing on her mind while dealing with her fire breathing dragon of a boss. 

He went from hot to not pretty quickly with the invite to visit him at home when, oh yeah, he has a girlfriend at home.  

Nice to see Travis picking up the slack when Joao was down.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

He went from hot to not pretty quickly with the invite to visit him at home when, oh yeah, he has a girlfriend at home.  

Nice to see Travis picking up the slack when Joao was down.

That was pretty tacky of him to even invite her to visit him knowing he has a girlfriend. Travis did a good job picking up the slack.

• Love 6

Sandy has gone maximum micro-manager.  Enough!  She was bad at the start then really lost it at the end there.  Toss her overboard.  Mutiny!

"Fever and virus" is rather vague.  I'm glad Jwow recovered quickly.  Deck crew really stepped up.  Colin took a date to McDonalds.  He's too cute.

Boring guests should be easy.  Lucky the weather cleared.

Well Ben, you've already done two half-assed charters.   You flew all the way from Florida and boy are your arms tired.  Stop whining.  The law requires 10 hours off per day.  Work with Hannah on better scheduling.  Once dinner is over, he should easily have 8 hours off.  Breakfast is always late.

Well made snails are great.  Yum!  The food looked good, but rather skimpy.  Second dinner looked much better.

When Hannah seated the guests he was fine with it.  Now she's rushing him.  Such a baby.

The floor show looked fun.  I'm surprised they don't do more stuff like that.

Down Hannah.  No banging the guests.  She needs to find another captain.

Jack and Aesha are still gross.  

• Love 21

The deck crew had better be up early getting all the toys out, the barely did anything the day prior. Plus with 4 of them on anchor watch, they likely worked 2 hours at a time. Sandy makes it sound like the deck crew pulled an all-nighter and even miraculously managed to set up all the toys! She’s not picking. I’ll bet she never even asked when all the guests/stews went to bed when she ordered Stas to wake the others up.

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Hannah can't say this so I will. "BACK THE HELL OFF SANDY AND GO DRIVE THE BOAT".  

You took the words fight from my mouth  she is on my very last nerve. Does she have no idea of maritime law? People need sleep bitch. She's insufferable. I love that the stews are getting on so well. Maybe she's "jelly". Ugh. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

If Ben isn’t bitching about something or someone he isn’t happy, I have never gotten his appeal.

He’s such a delicate flower.

I think when Kate’s there, she keeps him more in line and her snark in response to his temper tantrums is a helpful distraction. But Hannah is not Kate, she doesn’t handle him the way Kate does, and she responds more defensively, which also sets off Ben. I’m sure they threw a bunch of money at Ben to appear, but I hope this is his last BD season. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

If Ben isn’t bitching about something or someone he isn’t happy, I have never gotten his appeal.

To tell you the truth I would have sent back every course except the steak. Even that was too small for me. 

At least he ran out of shrimp.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

You what the worst part of this episode?

Collies Mom has found out that he made the beast with two backs before he was married!

I bet she dropped her lasagna and is still weeping!  

And Aunt Tibby won't have any supper now.  Didn't Collie say the woman was a MILF too? Wonder if Collie's mom knows her.  

Sandy is just jelly that the stews aren't all lovey dovey with her.  What fame whore bitch!

Oh, and a beautiful day, on a yacht, I'm sure the guests are going to want to sit around the table and drink coffee all morning.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Those tables looked like high school a prom committee dumped stuff on a table and called it a day and Sandy loved it.  Shouldn’t the table be about the food vs the cheap decor?

Because she is basic! Seriously she would have loved a lot of the crap that Anastasia saw when she went shopping!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Like someone else stated, back off Sandy.  She just goes in without knowing the whole story.  She wants the guests to have a table all set for a cup of coffee?  How about outside looking at the scenery?  She's ridiculous. 

However, Anna shouldn't have been doing her message in a bottle when she did.  She should have been squeezing the juice.

Poor Colin having to stay in Aesha and Jack's room.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Poor Colin having to stay in Aesha and Jack's room.

I just hope Collie doesn’t pick up any bad habits hanging around with Aesha.

I thought I saw a scene where Jack was as sitting on his bunk and he dug his fingers into his boxer shorts.

I think he was touching his own poo!

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

Right whatever but Hannah’s decor looks like some cheap-ass after hours Bourbon street shit. Her decor was more fitting for a Hurricane from Pat O’s rather than a hand beaded silk dresses and an ice cold Gibson straight up. 🙄

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kate_Chastain/status/1176308816692072449

Kate tweeted:

Who knew “Great Gatsby” was French for Mardi Gras #BelowDeckMed

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Collies Mom has found out that he made the beast with two backs before he was married!

She would just look at him and say, "Oh Collie, I still love you so much.  I am not angry with you just a little disappointed."  She would then give him a huge hug and a kiss on the forehead.  "I hope you were respectful towards her." 😁

I just love Collin and his parents. ❤️

😁

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • LOL 9
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I can she would just look at him and say, "Oh Collie, I still love you so much.  I am not angry with you just a little disappointed."  She would then give him a huge hug and a kiss on the forehead.  "I hope you were respectful towards her." 😁

I just love Collin and his parents. ❤️

😁

I think she would hit him in the head with a wooden spoon and send him to confession.

Why can’t he fall in love with her best friends daughter with the unfortunate wart and the lazy eye?

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Sorry, but for me a snail is a slug with a shell.  I have no interest in eating a snail.  Maybe it's because when I see a slug in my garden I snip it in half with my garden sheers.  They love to eat my hostas.  And they're freakin gross.  Not going to eat a snail.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

As a guest I think Sandy's micro management would put me really on edge. Its like at a restaurant when they ask you how everything is too many times, I get really suspicious.

If a captain of a yacht I was chartering (just need to win the lottery) was that involved (especially with her questions when Anastasia was chef). I would assume something was wrong and would be way harsher in my criticism.

I think Sandy sends really mixed messages to the crew. She'd be the first to say "please challenge me if you think I'm wrong" but then look at how she reacted to Joao last week. Its fine to be an authoritative Captain and want things done exactly as you want them but you have to be clear with people from the beginning that that is the case. Just remember the speech Sandy gave Hannah when they first met in season 2 about wanting people to be well rested and not burn out and now she wants them all working round the clock. I don't think Hannah is a great Chief Stew (compared to Kate) but I'm amazed she didn't snap at Sandy over the breakfast table setting etc., there were 2 hours to go and Anastasia was doing exactly what Sandy had told them to do; table decorations.

Loved Colly's line that the only cure for Joao's fever was more yachting

• Love 21
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Hannah can't say this so I will. "BACK THE HELL OFF SANDY AND GO DRIVE THE BOAT".  

I bet producers wanted her to dress down the crew.

Makes for good TV, to have some Bobby Knight type of bullying.

Too bad no chairs to throw around.

No reason to yell at the stews to all wake up and get the table ready other than to stir up some drama.

Otherwise if it's sincere, it's dumb to wait until the last two charters to complain about interior.

Anyways, they all seem lovey dovey after the season, meaning all the friction between the cast was put on for the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, snarts said:

Captain Sandy, once again  lurking about looking for more  screen time. 

20190923_212154.jpg

If it weren't for the cameras, Captain Lurky's lurking would creep me out. Is she Renfield? Gollum? Always sneaking and creeping. Doesn't she have a job? I'm pretty sure she has a job.

6 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yep! That's her job. I know that Captain Lurky has moved up over the years. She was the captain of the 100ft Motor Yacht Camera Time. She's definitely been the captain of the 150ft Motor Yacht Famewhore. But could she maybe go back to piloting MY Sirocco before someone promotes her to admiral of Absolute Oxygen Thief Fleet.

Sandy smells alcohol on Travis. He gets a talking to and a hug. Colin screws up pulling up the anchor. He gets a stern talking to and a hug. Jack is repeatedly lazy and insubordinate. He doesn't even get a talk from Sandy. Anastasia doesn't have the table strewn with tacky plastic gewgaws for a meal that wasn't going to happen for 2 hours and Sandy loses her shit. She demands everyone get up. Sandy screams at Hannah.

Bitch has lost the fucking plot. There wasn't anything the least bit professional or competent about her behavior and actions tonight. I'd suggest that she needs a nap because she is throwing a toddler tantrum.

11 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Am I in the minority here with my strong dislike for Sandie? I wish SHE would get fired.

I don't think this is a minority opinion anywhere except for Captain Sandy's house. Go to Twitter, Reddit, and recaps. It's pretty much consensus that Sandy is awful this season.

6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

A Gatsby theme is rarely appropriate. However, one of the rare times was Brittany's bridal shower for her marriage to Jax. Daisy is a young woman from Kentucky who cynically chooses the abusive cheating loud mouth Tom Buchanan with connections and money. Daisy sometimes feigns being sweeter and more innocent than she actually is. Sometimes the mask drops to reveal that Daisy is more calculating than she lets on. Yep. Seems pretty apt to me.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

The salt air gets salt on the glasses, plates and silverware.

We just spent two weeks near the beach and each time we needed to take the car we had to wipe down all the glass from the salt air. And we were a solid block from the ocean.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I thought I saw a scene where Jack was as sitting on his bunk and he dug his fingers into his boxer shorts.

I think he was touching his own poo!

You did.
Fortunately they didn't show the part where he then likely sniffed his fingers. 😝

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I find it interesting that Hannah took so much criticism in prior seasons for not getting along with some of her stews. So many found her a bitchy mean girl who always finds someone to pick on (despite the fact that she's remained close with many of the former stews).  Now she's getting grief for being too friendly & nice to her team.  Can't win for trying.  It's like the script calls for Hannah to play the villain. 

Pretty sure Hannah is filming now.  Someone please tell me that Captain Sandy is still in the US.  

• Love 19

I’m sure they threw a bunch of money at Ben to appear, but I hope this is his last BD season.

Yeah, bringing him back was an epic fail. He was so miserable that he was insufferable.

I haven't missed the nasty stew-fights of seasons past. And I think the three of them were pranking Sandy and production, refusing to fight and blithely serving up hugs and kisses.

Sandy made a deal with the production devil to thrust her nonsense into every scene, sabotaging her efforts to be a reality TV darling.

Joao and his attempts to go back to work, and getting shot down: he's desperately trying to keep his big dog position and maximize camera time. And suck up to his reality TV partner Sandy.

The ocean was deep navy blue - gorgeous. Did we see more choppy seas this season? I would be face down in my bed, miserable with seasickness.

• Love 8