Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Of Friends and Frenemies

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Pickles said:

I read that Cary Duber wanted to focus on her skin clinic or whatever it was that she was running as an offshoot of her husband's practice. Maybe she was just sick of dealing with LeAnne. 

I think Cary and LeAnne are very good friends now.  I don't know if I could look past stuff said about me or my husband on NATIONAL TV to get to a place of deep friendship.  I hold too many grudges I suppose.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes his is, suspiciously. 

I bet he will find another month long Harvard Business School class to attend.

He will.  The program he did has a second component that is another month away (my significant other did it).

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

The trust is from her husband......who is not D’andra’s dad/family.

It might be better like that.  D’Andra doesn’t know how to budget.

She is lucky to get some family old money to count towards her retirement fund.

D’Andra seems like a poorer Tori Spelling.

Looks like she never had her own job.

Your mother gave you a company that nobody has ever heard of......and, its following is the old Avon & Merle Norman crowd. 

Ok.....stop complaining and embarrassing your mother! 

Get   off your ass!  Give it back!  

Who cares! 

Thank you for these truths.

I thought D'Andra was an asshole already. Now you tell me this bish is counting money left by a man who isn't even her father?! Oh hell no. She needs to have several seats and not even next to dumb Tori because D'Andra is older and not even a tad bit wiser.

All of us knew that business couldn't have been making any money from the first scene of the show with D and her mom. I live in Dallas and I nor anyone I know has ever heard of it, let alone used it. What kind of market and data analytics could D'Andra possibly have and not know the market for it's product is literally dying of natural causes everyday?

Now, do I actually put it past momma D to think "You know what? I have 10 years left and I don't want to spend them on this. I will go out on top and give this bish what she thinks she wants." Absolutely not. I think she was going to wring as much attention and free publicity out of this situation as possible and then retire. D'Andra needs to stop her belly aching and be the amazing business woman she has been trying to convince us she is and right the ship. For all the bragging about superior breeding and class these Southern, "rich" Bravoleberities do, it's funny how they never actually produce anything superior.

Edited by red12
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yeah but her husband is H.O.T!

What's the rule about having insider information?  I read the forum rules about giving addresses and such, but this is more of a friend who knows one of the players personally. 

• Love 9

So D'Andrea admits that she is putting up with her insufferable mother in order to ensure that she isn't cut off from the "trust". 

Admitted I don't watch Christian Television so I never heard of this brand but what kind of astute business person cuts off advertising to what appears to be their main customer base. It is standard practice for media reps to provide all kinds of analytics to show that the audience is a demographic match for the product. In this case, their client base is limited to aging white Christian women who want to look mummified.

Neither D'Andrea nor her mother are any kind of aspirational look that would expand the brand. 

• Love 17

D'Andra needs to stop her belly aching and be the amazing business woman she has been trying to convince us she is and right the ship.

The problem is that it takes years to learn how to be a business owner, and the show hasn't convinced me that D'Andra ever bothered to do that.

I think that three of the hubbies, possibly four, are cheating. D'Andra's hubbie will leave her as soon as the money stops and he lands a better deal. There are plenty of rich women who will buy what he has to offer. I think he wants the luxury for himself, even as he snipes at D'Andra and her spendthrift ways. He's tired of her neurotic behavior.

LeeAnn is just a talking head. The only thing beneath that facade is rage.

I wonder if Brandi is trying to get her kids a TV deal.

• Love 4

I have to admit, this show is still fun to watch. Wouldn't have guessed it from the first season. But it improved remarkably and has improved quite a bit. I definitely enjoy it.

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, amarante said:

So D'Andrea admits that she is putting up with her insufferable mother in order to ensure that she isn't cut off from the "trust". 

Admitted I don't watch Christian Television so I never heard of this brand but what kind of astute business person cuts off advertising to what appears to be their main customer base. It is standard practice for media reps to provide all kinds of analytics to show that the audience is a demographic match for the product. In this case, their client base is limited to aging white Christian women who want to look mummified.

Neither D'Andrea nor her mother are any kind of aspirational look that would expand the brand. 

That's what hub and I said! And, if that was the only thing that was working, why not go back to it? She didn't say why they stopped that advertising or why she hasn't restarted it.

Surely this must be Business 101 -- go with what works. If she can't see that, maybe I can see why Dee didn't want her taking over.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Jel said:

That's what hub and I said! And, if that was the only thing that was working, why not go back to it? She didn't say why they stopped that advertising or why she hasn't restarted it.

Surely this must be Business 101 -- go with what works. If she can't see that, maybe I can see why Dee didn't want her taking over.

I am surprised that D'Andra didn't want to shoot an infomercial with her fellow housewives or go on QVC, something to get a new target audience. I have never heard of that brand, home shopping networks makes millions of dollars from the likes of Lisa Rinna, Heather Dubrow and husband, Shannon Beador...D'Andra is not using all of the tools in her tool box.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I’m sure the mommy police will be all over Brandi for saying her daughter was acting like a shithead, but it cracked me up. Kids frequently behave like shitheads. Might as well call it as you see it. 

I actually felt bad for that little girl.  IMO, when a child is really cruel with a parent, they are hurting about something. Being a teen or tween with lots of angst is one thing, but, just being cutthroat mean is another.  I wonder why she's in so much pain. 

When I hear that some of these cast members are turning 50 or almost 50 years old, it blows me away.  They all look much older, imo.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, melkel14 said:

He will.  The program he did has a second component that is another month away (my significant other did it).

I thought she said last night that he did go back a second time and she handled it much better than the first.  So if he goes again it will be a third time!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am surprised that D'Andra didn't want to shoot an infomercial with her fellow housewives or go on QVC, something to get a new target audience. I have never heard of that brand, home shopping networks makes millions of dollars from the likes of Lisa Rinna, Heather Dubrow and husband, Shannon Beador...D'Andra is not using all of the tools in her tool box.

Omg!  Sylvester Stallone’s wife has been plugging her skincare line on there since I was a little girl!  She still goes on! I see her name on the TV guide all the time.

Jennifer looks like a mummy and is around 50!

Yea....it is time for QVC or HSN.

The main skin product was selling 10,000 units a month when her company was successful.

I think what happened is that Dee’s loyal customer base are all dying.....or, not using these creams anymore.

D’Andra .....did this all wrong.  She needed to start her own company and have the rich step-daddy fund her when she was much younger.   

I doubt the company has been making money for a while.

If this was the case......Dee could have sold it.  Estée Lauder and L’oreal buy up a lot of the smaller beauty companies. 

The S on Dee’s forehead is not for......Stupid! 

The truth is Dee has been living off her Widow’s Fund for a while.

or, like someone suggested.  Maybe it is an exaggerated storyline to keep plugging the company on the show.  (without being too obvious that it is a commercial)

I think Carey said she was getting her own show.....about her Med Spa....??

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Sage47 said:

I still kind of think that baby is Brian’s. He has those big dark brown eyes like Brian, and both girls. Suspicious, lol. 

I could see D’Andra snapping if Jeremy is really cheating. She has so much tension and anger in her already. I hope it’s not true, I would feel really bad for her even though I don’t care much for her. 

Leeann just wants to marry Rich, cheater or not. 

Kameron’s hair is TOO blonde with her white skin. 

I haven't seen this ep but last season I thought there was some shenanigans re Bruin.  I thought he was either a result of an affair he had OR surrogacy and they didn't want to be open about it.  Red hair is rare (less than 2% of the population according to google) and while I know next to nothing about adoption I cannot see that the scenario of oh look we have this baby and no one to adopt it so let me call my good friend.  

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I haven't seen this ep but last season I thought there was some shenanigans re Bruin.  I thought he was either a result of an affair he had OR surrogacy and they didn't want to be open about it.  Red hair is rare (less than 2% of the population according to google) and while I know next to nothing about adoption I cannot see that the scenario of oh look we have this baby and no one to adopt it so let me call my good friend.  

Why do people always go there?

I don’t know either way......but, why would a wife want to adopt their husband’s love child???  

What happens to the bio mom?

Ken and Lisa got his with Max.  Denise with Eloise.  That she was Charlie’s.

And, now Brandy.

I am just curious.

I mean, people can look the same.  On this OC episode they showed Emily’s daughter a lot.  We have the same hair.  I was like.....WOAH!

If I have a daughter.....is she gonna look like Emily’s daughter?   

Emily has beautiful children.  (Funny thing....they are surrogate children)

OMG! 🥳

But, really??? Is it common for wife to adopt love child???

• Love 4

First off omg both D’andra and Leanne have had mega plastic surgery lol.

Stephanie is my fave so far.

Brandi’s kids creep me out.

I just don’t know with D’andra and Leanne it just seems so messed and makes me sad for a real friendship like that imploding but like D’andra seems like she does think she’s better then ppl but it seems like her whole financial thing is fucked too but who knows what’s real.

I don’t like the new girl so far.

I don’t know if it’s true but I almost feel the Jeremy cheating rumour is true. Why else would D’andra bring it up first unless she’s trying to get a head of it.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Agree, it seemed so odd that Stephanie “found” a baby boy with red hair that needed to be adopted around the exact same time Brandy was trying to have another baby.  Adoption is usually a long, drawn out process and it seemed too good to be true.  Plus, remember Kameron was so put off by the surprise, what was up with that?  That whole situation seemed quite odd.

I also agree Brandi needs to keep her daughters off the cameras.  Those girls have been awful since season 1.  I was shocked that Brandi wanted another child since hers were such handfuls.  I felt like she thought she wanted to have a boy to save her marriage, those were the vibes she was giving off.  She doesn’t have her head on straight most of the time.

• Love 19
23 hours ago, TexasGal said:

He's a photographer.  He probably makes some money but not living in Highland Park money.  He was also in the military before, maybe he gets some kind of retirement from that. 

He’s a retired Master Sergeant in the Air Force.  He was doing photography while on duty in war zones when he served.  He likely served long enough, (20 years) to get the military pension, but since he was enlisted not an officer, he’s certainly not making enough to live in that posh neighborhood.  Unless he had inherited other money...He dropped out of college early and enlisted in the Air Force young.

Usually officers that retire after 20 years collect a higher “retirement “ pay than Jeremy would, and that wouldn’t cut it either.  They normally went to college first, serve 20 years active duty until age 42 then will start a civilian job or military related government job and work until the normal retirement age.  

From what I’ve seen, he’s a good photographer.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, amarante said:

All the above...

That talk they had was in the right setting.  They both looked like extras from Death Becomes Her.

Kam really needs to get her nose job corrected.  Listening to her make me feel like I can’t breathe like RHOC Kelly used to make me feel.

I liked the darker hair better on both.

Edited by For Cereals
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Agree, it seemed so odd that Stephanie “found” a baby boy with red hair that needed to be adopted around the exact same time Brandy was trying to have another baby.  Adoption is usually a long, drawn out process and it seemed too good to be true.  Plus, remember Kameron was so put off by the surprise, what was up with that?  That whole situation seemed quite odd.

Brandi is a redhead with blue/light eyes which is very common. It seems less common to me to see redheads with brown eyes-although I do have a young cousin with this coloring. But she is the only cousin with red hair in a huge extended (and half Irish) family! 

So red hair/brown eyes is quite uncommon, yet...Brandi just happened to get a baby boy with that exact coloring-like her husband’s and daughters-right when she wished for it. Hmm...

i agree that no wife would raise an affair partner’s baby. But I can definitely believe it’s a surrogate baby. Maybe Brandi didn’t want to admit that the baby has Brian’s DNA but not hers. 

Travis just *seems* like a cheater. But I hope not because Stephanie is so sweet and she already suffers from depression.I hope he never hurts her! 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

Both of these are wrong. 

First, she has had various jobs. I remember her mentioning that she worked in D.C. for the Department of Energy, and was offered a higher up job that she wanted to accept, then Dee asked her to come back to Dallas to help Dee run her company. 

Second, Dee divorces D’Andra’s biological father shortly after D’Andra’s birth. Dee married Glenn Simmons when D’Andra was six, and her biological father killed himself when she was 13. She has explained that she considers Glenn to be her father. I don’t know if Glenn adopted D’Andra, but I can only assume that he did, since her last name is SIMMONS  

But either way, most people who have been raised by a step parent, or a parent who adopted them, would find it offensive for anyone to think that that parent is not his or her “family.”  

D'andra isn't my favorite, but I agree with this. It's not like Dee married Glenn when D'andra was 20. He's been her family for almost as long as she can remember.

• Love 17
38 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

Both of these are wrong. 

First, she has had various jobs. I remember her mentioning that she worked in D.C. for the Department of Energy, and was offered a higher up job that she wanted to accept, then Dee asked her to come back to Dallas to help Dee run her company. 

Second, Dee divorced D’Andra’s biological father shortly after D’Andra’s birth. Dee married Glenn Simmons when D’Andra was six, and her biological father killed himself when she was 13. She has explained that she considers Glenn to be her father. I don’t know if Glenn adopted D’Andra, but I can only assume that he did, since her last name is SIMMONS  

But either way, most people who have been raised by a step parent, or a parent who adopted them, would find it offensive for anyone to think that that parent is not his or her “family.”  

Yes, I 100% agree with you. 

Family is....where you are love and feel comfortable. I have many friends-family myself. DNA does not matter.   I wrote it like that for explanation purposes.....only.

At her age.....she should have a better handle on this company. 

Looks a lot like nepotism! 

D’Andra totally banking on that trust as her main support.......I am with Dee on that one! The S on my forehead is not for stupid!

She should have $60,000 from doing HWs or hustling investors ......outside the mom & Trust. 

I think her mom in previous seasons told her to get investors and start funding her own products she wants.

Dee should not have to take all the risks.

But...hey!   Highland Park house & new car with A/C is on that Must Have List, too!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Please spill!!

Jeremy graduated from high school with a very good friend of mine.  He was part of her friend group and they've all kept in touch.  They had their 30 year reunion last summer.  We were talking about it after the reunion and she mentioned how he came alone and how it was a bad decision by his wife.  She never said explicitly that he fooled around because she's not that type of person, but she definitely got a very sour look on her face and said something along those lines a few times.  

So... I really wouldn't be surprised if he cheated. 

• Useful 11
  • Love 8

Watching any of these Housewives shows make me so grateful for one thing..........

That I don't have "friends" like this.

Phew, it is just so exhausting. I think if I even had to go to dinner with any of them or as a group, I would have a panic attack at all their nonsense dribble drabble conversation.

And also, if I had to be all that glammed up 24/7 with full make up and hair out the wazoo, I am pretty sure I wouldn't make it through life. All that fakery. It is completely exhausting ! ! !

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Yes, I 100% agree with you. 

D’Andra totally banking on that trust as her main support.......I am with Dee on that one! The S on my forehead is not for stupid!

She should have $60,000 from doing HWs or hustling investors ......outside the mom & Trust. 

I think her mom in previous seasons told her to get investors and start funding her own products she wants.

Dee should not have to take all the risks.

But...hey!   Highland Park house & new car with A/C is on that Must Have List, too!

What middle aged couple don't have $60,000 at least in savings and investments? If you don't have those kinds of assets, a new car and fugly designer clothing shouldn't be a priority. 

D'Andrea is definitely counting on the Trust to fund her retirement - i.e. after Mama Dee dies and she doesn't have to suck up for whatever money Mama gives her, all of that money will be hers to squander as she wants. Certainly living up to the adage - first generation makes it - second generation spends it and third generation loses it. I am not even completely sold on Mama's company being this highly profitable company that in any way supported Mama's lifestyle. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Watching any of these Housewives shows make me so grateful for one thing..........

That I don't have "friends" like this.

Phew, it is just so exhausting. I think if I even had to go to dinner with any of them or as a group, I would have a panic attack at all their nonsense dribble drabble conversation.

And also, if I had to be all that glammed up 24/7 with full make up and hair out the wazoo, I am pretty sure I wouldn't make it through life. All that fakery. It is completely exhausting ! ! !

Have you watched the Beverly Hills housewives? A couple of them have “glam squads,” and they are dressed to the nines for breakfast. I love glamour, so I like seeing the women on these shows all done up, but IRL, I wouldn’t want to be in a cocktail dress and done up as if I have a photo shoot just to catch up with a friend. 

I have a makeup artist friend who comments a lot on her friends’ makeup. She’s never mean, but she’ll say things like “your makeup looks so good today.” I know she must think I don’t look that great other days, but I’m sorry I’m not putting on a fresh face after work or false lashes just to have dinner with you in the middle of the week. Of course my Saturday night makeup looks better than the face I quickly put on Monday morning that is smudged and all once I meet you in the evening. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Have you watched the Beverly Hills housewives? A couple of them have “glam squads,” and they are dressed to the nines for breakfast. I love glamour, so I like seeing the women on these shows all done up, but IRL, I wouldn’t want to be in a cocktail dress and done up as if I have a photo shoot just to catch up with a friend. 

I have a makeup artist friend who comments a lot on her friends’ makeup. She’s never mean, but she’ll say things like “your makeup looks so good today.” I know she must think I don’t look that great other days, but I’m sorry I’m not putting on a fresh face after work or false lashes just to have dinner with you in the middle of the week. Of course my Saturday night makeup looks better than the face I quickly put on Monday morning that is smudged and all once I meet you in the evening. 

Oh yeah, of course I watch BH. That is the best of the best.

I could not agree with you more. Glamour is great, but hell if I am spending half my day primping to look my very finest. Even if I had a glam squad, I would be hard pressed to use them other than for special events.

Want to know my very favorite thing?????

When any of the HW vacations include a rental house. Dinner prepared and served IN THE HOUSE and they come downstairs with their purses and clutches dressed to the freakin nines. LOL. That gets me every time as I sit there watching and thinking how I would show up to dinner in sweats and a t-shirt, fresh faced, hair every which way (extension free). Because to ME, THAT is vacation.     

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

I could not agree with you more. Glamour is great, but hell if I am spending half my day primping to look my very finest. Even if I had a glam squad, I would be hard pressed to use them other than for special events.

When any of the HW vacations include a rental house. Dinner prepared and served IN THE HOUSE and they come downstairs with their purses and clutches dressed to the freakin nines. LOL. That gets me every time as I sit there watching and thinking how I would show up to dinner in sweats and a t-shirt, fresh faced, hair every which way (extension free). Because to ME, THAT is vacation.     

I agree to a certain extent, but they're working.  I don't feel that when they're not working, they're continually walking around the house all done up.  We've seen glimpses of many of the housewives not done up.  Especially when they producers resort to the wive's private cell phone videos.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Lol that cracks me up! You almost expect there to be this huge party with tons of guests. 

I’m girlie and like dresses and feel better about myself with a bit of makeup. I won’t deny that sometimes I am that overdressed person. I love clothes and take pride in being well put together. But if I want to be comfy and relax on vacation (except for maybe a few pictures), no tight clothes, no heels, and minimal makeup and simple hair. I only want to shower and  wash my face to come down for breakfast. 

@TV Diva Queen I totally get what you mean! I don’t mean to sound judgmental of the girls. I know viewers would probably complain if they had dark circles under their eyes they didn’t cover on camera or whatever, and I love watching the glamour. It’s just funny how over the top the housewives are, because we know it’s not reality. 

• Love 4

These women aren't dressing for the specific occasion - they are dressing because they are going to be filmed for national television. Sometimes they do dress down in what they would be wearing normally - Rinna shows up a lot in casual clothing when they are flying or when they are going to be walking around a bit. 

I live in Los Angeles and affluent women do NOT have elaborate clothing and hair done as they perform their normal activities. At most they would have a blow out as the blow out bars are extremely popular. And they don't generally show up to work out or hike in full makeup :-).

• Love 6
On 9/4/2019 at 11:14 PM, Misslindsey said:

In real life I would never want to be around Leanne, but I probably would not watch this show without her, because I do not really care for any of the rest of the ladies. I am fine with Stephanie when she is not around Brandi. I also, tend to root for Leanne especially against D'Andra and Brandi.

The less I see of Brandi's kids the better.

I know D'Andra said her mom did not tell her about the finances of the company, but if I was hoping to inherit a company I would be making sure I was looking at the finances on the regular.

Same - on all points!

I don't think D'Andra is happy at all.  She can shout it until the cows come home, but no one believes that.

Also, she has no clue how business works.  I don't think Mama Dee turned over a failing company.  I think D'Andra is the reason it is failing.  She doesn't understand how money works.  And she can't blame her mother for not disclosing information.  When a legal transaction occurs in business, you can't hide financial statements!  You can't hide financial statements from stockholders, administrators, or lawyers!  The fact that she wouldn't give up her trust just proves that she's a gold-digger.  She's only there for the money and nothing else.  What a sad, depressing existence. 

On 9/5/2019 at 9:02 AM, Misslindsey said:

That scene with D'Andra and Jeremy was pretty tense. I wondered if there was any truth to the affair rumor as well. Though money issues could be the cause of that dynamic as well. I do think Jeremy would be fine living with less, but I do not think D'Andra would.

Absolutely!  He would make it just fine, she's the one that insists he couldn't do it when it's the other way around.  What happened to the D'Andra from Season 2?  She has snowballed downhill into horrible territory.  

On 9/5/2019 at 9:20 AM, RealHousewife said:

I don’t get why LeeAnne is still getting crap for talking about D’andra’s money when she’s not the one who ever said it on camera. I wouldn’t want a friend gossiping about me, but if IRC, Cary brought it up on camera. There’s no proof LeeAnne ever meant to harm D’andra with that conversation.

So true.  The comments that she made about Mark weren't "on camera" really either.  Her and Brandi were behind a closed door, and wasn't she drugged up?  LeeAnna has said some nasty things, but she has kept a lot of it off camera.  Which can't be said for other HW.  Should she have said the stuff about Mark?  No.  But since none of this stuff was fully on camera, context is everything.  Her mouth has gotten her in so much trouble in the past that no one is willing to give her the benefit of the doubt like they would to others.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Slider said:

Also, she has no clue how business works.  I don't think Mama Dee turned over a failing company.  I think D'Andra is the reason it is failing.  She doesn't understand how money works.  And she can't blame her mother for not disclosing information.  When a legal transaction occurs in business, you can't hide financial statements!  You can't hide financial statements from stockholders, administrators, or lawyers!  The fact that she wouldn't give up her trust just proves that she's a gold-digger.  She's only there for the money and nothing else.  What a sad, depressing existence. 

I wouldn't give up my trust fund either!  I don't think that has anything to do with gold-digging.  I don't understand why she would need to give the trust fund up, I don't see how that has anything to do with the business situation now. 

I wonder how much is in the trust.  Is it a Simmons family trust? 

eta I hate D'Andra but don't blame her for not giving up money!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8

Maybe Mama D should pony up some of that trust money and get her ex husband a nicer head stone and their own damn family bench.  I know that some cemeteries don't allow above the ground head stones - I don't think this one of them.  Also, I would never and have ever sat on someone's family bench.  Seems weird to me.  

• Love 4

The more we are seeing into Dandra and Mama Dee, the more I think they are broke.

There is a reason why Dandra got so upset regarding the $200 rumor, I think there is more to it than she wants to let on.

If Mama Dee cared about her company and legacy why not give Dandra money from her trust fund to make the new product. I wouldn't be surprised if that trust is empty or low on funds at this point.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Also, I would never and have ever sat on someone's family bench.  Seems weird to me.  

Is that uncommon? It’s why my grandparents wanted one for other people to use. Occasionally people even leave thank you notes.

• Love 12
Just now, janie2002 said:

The more we are seeing into Dandra and Mama Dee, the more I think they are broke.

There is a reason why Dandra got so upset regarding the $200 rumor, I think there is more to it than she wants to let on.

I thought that too. If they were still rolling in huge $, D’andra probably wouldn’t have flipped out the way she did. 

Though they don’t act like spoiled trust fund kids, both of my parents came from money. I have a lot of relatives who see themselves as too good to do just any type of work because of the family name, and they don’t ever like to admit that there’s a possibility they can run out of millions. They all also fight over who inherits the most. It’s money, money, money to them. Watching D’andra and her mother reminds me so much of my family. It’s a very common thing with wealthy business men and women to have kids who want more control of the family business than the parents want to hand over. Sometimes kids have the brains and hustle of the parents, sometimes they throw millions down the drain. 

1 hour ago, Slider said:

So true.  The comments that she made about Mark weren't "on camera" really either.  Her and Brandi were behind a closed door, and wasn't she drugged up?  LeeAnna has said some nasty things, but she has kept a lot of it off camera.  Which can't be said for other HW.  Should she have said the stuff about Mark?  No.  But since none of this stuff was fully on camera, context is everything.  Her mouth has gotten her in so much trouble in the past that no one is willing to give her the benefit of the doubt like they would to others.

Ditto. I don't condone everything she says and does, but I don’t think LeeAnne is the monster Brandi makes her out to be. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Kameron is a stupid ass.

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m girlie and like dresses and feel better about myself with a bit of makeup. I won’t deny that sometimes I am that overdressed person. I love clothes and take pride in being well put together. But if I want to be comfy and relax on vacation (except for maybe a few pictures), no tight clothes, no heels, and minimal makeup and simple hair. I only want to shower and  wash my face to come down for breakfast. 

@TV Diva Queen I totally get what you mean! I don’t mean to sound judgmental of the girls. I know viewers would probably complain if they had dark circles under their eyes they didn’t cover on camera or whatever, and I love watching the glamour. It’s just funny how over the top the housewives are, because we know it’s not reality. 

I enjoy seeing the over-the-top outfits too!  Where they get on my nerves is wearing the super high heels to have people over to their own house in the middle of the afternoon 🙄

• Love 6

I grew up in Dallas, and most of my family still lives there, and none of us had ever heard of Dee Simmons or her company, or her products.    

D'Andra's house is owned by the family trust, so it's likely that if she cuts ties with her horror-mom (dreadful woman), she'll lose access to not only the future money, but the house she lives in.  At 50 years old (maybe older?), and having put up with so many decades of kowtowing to Dee, she's probably like, I'm thiiiiis close to just getting the money and telling Mommie Dearest goodbye.

I flip/flop on D'Andra and the business.  If the core customer was the older Dallas Christian lady, the MaryKay slap-a-bucket on woman, then she has 2 options:  go back to advertising on those channels, or reinvent the business with a younger, hipper, trendier customer in mind.  But to sit and wallow in it, and be upset that Mama didn't leave it in good shape, does nobody any good.

I have strong doubts that this company has been successful for the past 10 years or so, and that Mama-pull-back-face has kept her lifestyle going on what her husband left her.  Heck, that mink coat she wore to the cemetery is probably worth a car.

• Love 10