Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: The Great Unknown

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think she is way older than she admits to.

I have never understood why the people that constantly say that their culture is very important to them, they want children, etc...then go and find the complete opposite person. Aladin and Zyed are two that I can think of that seem to like to admonish their women for not fitting in to their country and culture. 

Why go out of your way to find someone who not only does not share your culture but pushes back when being told about it.

$$$

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Spike said:

Yeah do some babies never kick? What else could that feeling be?

I still don’t get it either. Pregnancy kind of sucked and there are so many different “symptoms”, you’d think a woman would be worried about something and see a doctor during the second trimester. If I started randomly feeling something rolling around in my belly, I’d think I had a major intestinal problem or a massive parasitic worm. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
On 8/28/2019 at 5:27 AM, Hannah94 said:

Skipper has no problems talking openly in her TH about how Aladdin sucks in bed, yet almost every scene with them, she is asking for the jiggy jiggy. If it is THAT bad, why does she seem to be obsessed with it? I think she may be an idiot. 

Honestly, is any woman excited about the jiggy jiggy unless it gets her money and secondarily a baby (money)? Really isn't that exciting for us. Means to an end.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

This felt like a filler episode to me.  Nothing really much happened.  And I feel that I have been dealt a blow since I'm out of town without access to the show next week and I won't see the new blow dealt to Jenny and Sumit until Saturday.

• LOL 8

The intolerance shown here for someone with an illness is really disheartening.  Addiction is an illness, and one that can cause the person battling it to do things they NEVER would do had they not been in its grip.  To put it very simply, addiction changes your brain.

As far as we know Ronald lived a crime free existence before his addiction took over, and he's lived one since becoming "clean".  Hearing him referred to as a criminal, or even worse, a loser, tells me that there are a lot of people here who have never known an addict in real life, and know absolutely nothing about addiction.  We really should be rooting for him to remain strong in his recovery.

It was probably not the right time for them to try for a baby.  Having a baby is extremely stressful for even a healthy person.  I wish them luck.

I love Daniel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, Honey said:

The intolerance shown here for someone with an illness is really disheartening.  Addiction is an illness, and one that can cause the person battling it to do things they NEVER would do had they not been in its grip.  To put it very simply, addiction changes your brain.

As far as we know Ronald lived a crime free existence before his addiction took over, and he's lived one since becoming "clean".  Hearing him referred to as a criminal, or even worse, a loser, tells me that there are a lot of people here who have never known an addict in real life, and know absolutely nothing about addiction.  We really should be rooting for him to remain strong in his recovery.

It was probably not the right time for them to try for a baby.  Having a baby is extremely stressful for even a healthy person.  I wish them luck.

I love Daniel.

I agree with the bolded parts; addiction is a painful and powerful thing that some people are very lucky to not have to experience with their loved ones. I think the main beef people have with him (and Tiffany) is knowing their difficult journey ahead of them, they made the worst decisions possible. Why didn't they focus on his recovery for a length of time before bringing another innocent child into this shaky situation? I truly hope he stays strong and succeeds but I also hope he makes wiser decisions that will positively impact his recovery and not throw a wrench into it and possibly jeopardize his progress. I try to follow this show and I know he had a gambling addiction, but did they say he has a drug addiction too? I cannot remember that part but then again, I sometimes get distracted while watching and my attention wanders off to something else.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BoomerRumor said:

Honestly, is any woman excited about the jiggy jiggy unless it gets her money and secondarily a baby (money)? Really isn't that exciting for us. Means to an end.

Maybe they haven’t met the right guy lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Is it possible that Aladdin does not understand human reproduction, that he has no idea that women cannot become pregnant beyond a certain age, after the cessation of menstruation?  That even women a little past middle age are not as fertile as they once were?  Is he stupid, uninformed, or what?

Please note that I realize there are exceptions, that some very old women have become pregnant.  I'm speaking as a general rule and assuming that Aladdin does not know something special about the Skipper.

<giving self a dope-slap upside the head> Or that this is all part of the scripted plot to make us keep watching.  Congratulations to me for waking up faster than usual.  Nice try, TLC.

Edited by Mothra
Just realized it's nothing but the same old shit
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I agree with the bolded parts; addiction is a painful and powerful thing that some people are very lucky to not have to experience with their loved ones. I think the main beef people have with him (and Tiffany) is knowing their difficult journey ahead of them, they made the worst decisions possible. Why didn't they focus on his recovery for a length of time before bringing another innocent child into this shaky situation? I truly hope he stays strong and succeeds but I also hope he makes wiser decisions that will positively impact his recovery and not throw a wrench into it and possibly jeopardize his progress. I try to follow this show and I know he had a gambling addiction, but did they say he has a drug addiction too? I cannot remember that part but then again, I sometimes get distracted while watching and my attention wanders off to something else.

I will also admit that I have a bit of a personal bias against addicts without a foreign chemical component.  Meaning I get drug and alcohol dependencies, and know they are a disease.  But I'm a little less forgiving of gambling, sex, and other addictions like that.  I know that they too are serious, and can ruin lives, I just think of them differently.

And even if I'll admit it's a disease, stealing your mom's fridge does not make you a winner in my eyes.

They've never called him a drug addict.  Drugs have only been mentioned as part of his criminal history when the jacket his friend lent him had drugs in the pockets during one of his arrests.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I will also admit that I have a bit of a personal bias against addicts without a foreign chemical component.  Meaning I get drug and alcohol dependencies, and know they are a disease.  But I'm a little less forgiving of gambling, sex, and other addictions like that.  I know that they too are serious, and can ruin lives, I just think of them differently.

And even if I'll admit it's a disease, stealing your mom's fridge does not make you a winner in my eyes.

They've never called him a drug addict.  Drugs have only been mentioned as part of his criminal history when the jacket his friend lent him had drugs in the pockets during one of his arrests.

He seems to have a problem with alcohol, at least. He wasn't supposed to drink at his bachelor party, and Tiff was upset that he had.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BoomerRumor said:

I am excited about jiggy and I don't take money from any man because I'm happy to make my own money and am definately not looking to have a baby.  

But then again, I don't settle for bad jiggy jiggy because I have the luxury of making my own money and being financially independent.

• Love 22
18 minutes ago, Gobi said:

He seems to have a problem with alcohol, at least. He wasn't supposed to drink at his bachelor party, and Tiff was upset that he had.

LOL, he doesn't care about Tiffany's "boundaries" because Tiffany does nothing to enforce them.  She just nags and then talks about how whatever Ronald did could....maybe.....perhaps....at some point...if Mercury is in retrograde..... potentially.... jeopardize their relationship

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

My issues with Ronald are two fold.  

One - no matter what the addiction, anyone should know there is a substantial problem when you steal your mother's refrigerator to the point where IMO, the addict should actively seek help. 

IMO, the minute the addict is stealing from any innocent party especially a family member, they should actively seek help. 

Most people know that stealing from a family member is wrong and hurtful to someone innocent who loves you.  And instead of seeking help.....Ronald just kept up his behavior.  

Two - Ronald's unwillingness to accept any real consequences of his behavior and the lack of remorse when discussing his criminal behavior. 

I was way put off when he proudly said that he wouldn't pay back his employer unless the charges against him were dropped.  

Yeah, I get it, he didn't want a criminal record.....but I would have had so much more respect for someone who paid the money back because it was the right thing to do regardless of whether charges were dropped or not.  

Yeah addicts like to say they were controlled by their addiction, it was their addiction talking, they are victims of a disease etc.  It’s a way to both avoid accepting personal responsibility and seek sympathy at the same time.  It was all done to them, none of it was the result of their own bad choices.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah addicts like to say they were controlled by their addiction, it was their addiction talking, they are victims of a disease etc.  It’s a way to both avoid accepting personal responsibility and seek sympathy at the same time.  It was all done to them, none of it was the result of their own bad choices.

Exactly....everyone who steals is motivated by something.  Some people are motivated to steal because of poverty, a lack of access to education and resources and growing up in a situation where they didn't know any better.  

I'd feel far more sympathy for that person than I would for Ronald who knew shit was going sideways before he made the decision to steal his mother's refrigerator out of her house.  

At any point as he was hauling the refrigerator out of her house, strapping the refrigerator to his vehicle, making the drive to the pawn shop, untying it from his car and dragging it into the pawn shop......he could have stopped and called for help. 

But yes...agreed that it seems a way for Ronald to avoid any personal responsibility for his behavior.  Which is apparent when he gets annoyed at the fact that Tiffany doesn't trust him with a credit card....why shouldn't he be trusted?  He did nothing wrong....it's the addictions fault and Ronald the person is a stand up guy.

• Love 18

I have compassion for Ronald in that I hope he truly gets help and can get to the point of making better choices and making amends.  But, I also don't think he should be allowed to destroy everyone else's life around him.  It seems that his family truly loves him and supports him.  He didn't need Tiffany rushing in with her child from another country to marry him and make another innocent child as part of his recovery.  I think they are both selfish losers for bringing her child over for this and then immediately making another.  Honestly,  I think he probably talked Tiffani into a baby b/c he wanted to lock her down and make it harder for her to leave him or cut off all contact with him.  I think he has much deeper issues than just a gambling addiction and even though he is in recovery for that; I think he is very manipulative and has a bigger plan in place other than "OMG I fell in love with a girl on vaca and we got married and surprise preggers!".  The baby is his insurance that she's always tied to him.  And he sucked her in prettty quickly b/c she didn't know much about him.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19
On 8/27/2019 at 2:47 AM, bichonblitz said:

At least Pole had enough money to get that sad apartment. My question is what is Karine doing to be actively supported by a woman and her son ? She's not innocent and that's a weird story that makes no sense at all.  I have no sympathy for her, she is stupid enough to get pregnant with loser Pole, then pouts and wants a divorce because he questions why she's talking with other men? She does nothing all day, every day. The least she could do is keep her apartment clean but even that is too much for her. She's a lazy, dirty slob with no ambition to do anything but troll men on the internet for money. She must not be very good at it judging from the poverty she lives in. 

This is also my take on things, but I must be missing something.  Paul must be doing something awful to her that we are not seeing- both her and her mom are saying he is terrible for what he is doing.  They need to have a yard sale and get rid of all that stuff littering the apartment.  What a fire hazard!

• Love 6
On 8/27/2019 at 2:14 PM, Spike said:

Because him bringing it up is worse than her doing it donchaknow?

Evelin's former fling Raul had it right when he said that the person with the power in a relationship is the person who loves less.  I just wish Cory, or any of these "love"-obsessed Americans would just stick to their boundaries and say, "well, if that's how you feel about me, I'm out...and my wallet, too."  

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Evelin's former fling Raul had it right when he said that the person with the power in a relationship is the person who loves less.  I just wish Cory, or any of these "love"-obsessed Americans would just stick to their boundaries and say, "well, if that's how you feel about me, I'm out...and my wallet, too."  

I also believe that whoever wants sex MORE has more power as well.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

I am excited about jiggy and I don't take money from any man because I'm happy to make my own money and am definately not looking to have a baby.  

But then again, I don't settle for bad jiggy jiggy because I have the luxury of making my own money and being financially independent.

Amen, RealReality, a thousand times!!!!!  

(Money - TLC’s- and being a “star” are her motives for being in this situation, in my humble opinion.)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, I get it, he didn't want a criminal record.....but I would have had so much more respect for someone who paid the money back because it was the right thing to do regardless of whether charges were dropped or not.  

And if he were TRULY in recovery, he would be paying back the money as this is part of his amends. TRUE recovery involves taking personal responsibility for past, present and future actions.   And that what is what seems to be sorely lacking in this particular addict. You can be “clean” but not “sober” - I use these terms In the context of using your substance.  And in this case, he’s not gambling as far as we can tell. So he’s clean. But he’s also copping an attitude about what he has done while under the influence and refuses to take responsibility to rectify it. So, he does not appear to be sober. And that is my issue with him.

And if she thinks she can control his addiction, she is sorely mistaken. And that is my issue with her. That and the fact that she’s subjecting children to the situation.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
17 minutes ago, Kid said:

You can be “clean” but not “sober” - I use these terms In the context of using your substance.

I once heard the term "dry drunk" when a friend was describing her ex. He was an alcoholic, and didn't physically drink; but he had not addressed the issues which led to his addiction nor work on his attitude or accountability.

Kinda like Ronald.

@Mrs. Hanson- I have always enjoyed your posts and I now have a newfound respect for you as well.  

EDIT: and I see you beat me to the thought. 🙂

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I once heard the term "dry drunk" when a friend was describing her ex. He was an alcoholic, and didn't physically drink; but he had not addressed the issues which led to his addiction nor work on his attitude or accountability.

Kinda like Ronald.

@Mrs. Hanson- I have always enjoyed your posts and I now have a newfound respect for you as well.  

Aw gee - shucks.  And thanks!!  I don't speak much about my addiction, some people are OUT THERE with it - cool.  Some people keep it quiet - not secret, just quiet.  There is nothing to be ashamed of, only not asking for help.  Look, I could tell lots of true stories but the facts are:  I am truly shocked that I am 1) alive and 2) people still talk to me.  I was THAT f**ked up.  Never going back there again, at least not today.  (See what I did there?  Popped in a one day at a time reference!  Another reason why I hate the two of them, lol:  The CONSTANT promising to each other things that they have no business promising!!  "I promise to NEVER gamble again!"  No, and Tiff, stop asking him to promise you anything other than he will do his best, one day at a time.  Not your job to fix him, hun.)

Yeah, @KateHearts, dry drunks are actually the worst, lol, as they pontificate all damn day about they don't drink and my aren't I more moral than you.....meanwhile they are assholes.  They are straight up ASSHOLES who look down on folks because they unwind with a glass of wine after work or after dinner when they are not driving anywhere.  Or if you get a little toasty you must go to AA NOW!  No, I am just having a pinot before bed but thanks.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 9

In regards to Paul and Karine living arrangements.   I thought they moved and were renting that cheap house with Paul's dilapidated dog house out back.  Then after the fight, they're back in the apartment with the clutter.  Wasn't the house in the more remote town with her family?  The apartment was closer to medical facilities.   So how do they afford both?  Or maybe that's what Karine's "benefactor " does for her?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, BengalKitty said:

In regards to Paul and Karine living arrangements.   I thought they moved and were renting that cheap house with Paul's dilapidated dog house out back.  Then after the fight, they're back in the apartment with the clutter.  Wasn't the house in the more remote town with her family?  The apartment was closer to medical facilities.   So how do they afford both?  Or maybe that's what Karine's "benefactor " does for her?

Yeah I think Pole said at one point that he kept the apartment in Manaus in case Karine’s parents wouldn’t let them stay with them.  Maybe the parents said Karine could stay but not Pole, or Pole didn’t want to get dirty looks from mother Karine all day, and that’s why they rented the little house because Karine still wanted to be close to her family. 

The mother and Karine returned to the apartment in Manaus because they wanted to see a divorce lawyer and there aren’t any in their town.  Pole followed them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Well, ditto. But I don't find much good jiggy giggly...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, BoomerRumor said:

Well, ditto. But I don't find much good jiggy giggly...

Sometimes, now hear me out, getting to know someone a little longer than 9 days before you get married and actually making it a relationship can take just so jiggy to really good jiggy. 

Laura was in such a hurry to get some she made a bad judgement call.  This is why it is important to kick the tires for a while before buying the car! 

Now she has Mother No Jiggy sleeping in her room...crazy question, wouldn't they just give Laura a separate room from Aladdin?

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I don't believe they said he had a drug problem too, and I didn't mean that drugs changed his brain, I meant the actual addiction itself.  Although Tiffany should keep a close eye on him, since addicts sometimes trade one addiction for another.  My Step-Father was an alcoholic, and once he stopped drinking he became a gambling addict.

I agree with everything you said about the poor decisions they've made since he's left rehab.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kid said:

Amen, Katehearts!!!

Also sending kudos to you Mrs. Hanson!

I've also thought, many times, that Ronald has already violated the tenets of recovery: you aren't supposed to make any major life decisions the first year. But of course Tiffany has to "save" him, and we can all be pretty sure that won't work out very well.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Also sending kudos to you Mrs. Hanson!

I've also thought, many times, that Ronald has already violated the tenets of recovery: you aren't supposed to make any major life decisions the first year. But of course Tiffany has to "save" him, and we can all be pretty sure that won't work out very well.

Interesting to see if he gets hired by the wellness center since he isn’t living the tenets they preach.  What kind of example is he to others struggling? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Honey said:

I love Daniel.

I have had addicts in my family and they are extremely manipulating, I have been lied to, stolen from, bailed them out only for them to take off and leave me losing the bail money when I was a university student barely getting by at the time. Illness or not Tiff needs to be really careful and should not expose her son to a situation she does not fully understand. Red flag Ron does not seem remoseful and is already yelling at a Tiffany for restricting his spending. I believe in second chances but based on my experience Ron hasn't proved himself even deserving of one just yet. Tiff has a hero complex, she can't change him, no one can.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 22

Not the biggest reveal of wonky editing, but I noticed when Laura and Al-a-din  filmed themselves arriving in the airport for the wedding, they both had t-shirts with writing on them. And then when they emerged from the airport, neither shirt had writing, and it wasn't due to the writing being blurred. Laura's shirt was black in the airport and then dark brown when they walked out. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Well hubby is stone cold asleep right now, so...yeah no.  The only reason I unloaded on Rah-nold is because I know - sorry that I know, but I know.  I see the lying, the manipulation, the everything because I was him. sad to say.  But I also had people around me who were willing to hold me to the flame and demand that I be, oh I don't know.....be a grown up?  A functioning adult?  It was straight up PAINFUL to see Tiff back pedal after the bachelor party incident.  My hubby (then fiance) told me if he ever found an Ambien tablet in this house he would write a check for my financial contribution to the house, ask me to leave and change the locks.  And guess what?  I believed him.  Rah-nold can do whatever the heck he wants and Tiff will forgive him because "we are in love."  Yeah, well my now hubby loves me beyond measure (he did then, too!) but he was like, no.  No way.  And he is no saint, trust me, never pretended to be one, but he was like, NO.  Addiction is beyond rough, very painful and I feel for Rah-nold, I truly do.  But I see that snarky smile and just think;  "Ugh."  There will ALWAYS be a reason he is unemployed (never his fault, of course) never is home on time (again, never his fault!) and Tiff just bought herself a lifetime of checking his phone and putting a GPS in his car.  That is not a marriage, that is prison.  You can't trust your spouse?  Ouch.  Marriage to your bud is supposed to be, for the most part, easy, and hers seems destined to be hard.  But SHE CHOSE IT.

Thank you to all the awesome forum members who thanked me for my sharing - hope I didn't overshare - but I am not talking out of my tushy when I talk about this stuff - I really have been to hell and back and yet I know people who are still struggling in the trenches and I am always there for them, because as much as I can, I "get it."

And good jiggy jiggy is a good thing, I agree!!!

No, I think the personal stories are interesting and i like it when people share because it's a rich tapestry of experiences and stories....from Dior eye shadows to people living in London to people who worked with immigrants to people who have family members affected by addiction to people who foreign born MDs.  There is such a wide variety of people in the forum.

LOL, I won't put up with bad jiggy jiggy.  I went out with a guy a while back and the jiggy was..... horrible..  which was especially bad because he talked a whole lotta mess about how great he was.  He is always asking for another chance...but.....no.  just....no. I live in a country where I can find the tools to get the job done myself if necessary.  

Anyhow I'm really glad you had the fortitude and strength to work through it.  Our family has.....addictive tendencies so Ive never had liquor, a cigarette or an illicit substance in my life.  I've never even smoked the wacky tabbacee. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

No, I think the personal stories are interesting and i like it when people share because it's a rich tapestry of experiences and stories....from Dior eye shadows to people living in London to people who worked with immigrants to people who have family members affected by addiction to people who foreign born MDs.  There is such a wide variety of people in the forum.

LOL, I won't put up with bad jiggy jiggy.  I went out with a guy a while back and the jiggy was..... horrible..  which was especially bad because he talked a whole lotta mess about how great he was.  He is always asking for another chance...but.....no.  just....no. I live in a country where I can find the tools to get the job done myself if necessary.  

Anyhow I'm really glad you had the fortitude and strength to work through it.  Our family has.....addictive tendencies so Ive never had liquor, a cigarette or an illicit substance in my life.  I've never even smoked the wacky tabbacee. 

Yeah, I have never been a smoker and the thought of sniffing something up my my nose is horrifying, lol. so......yeah no.  No Wacky Tabbacky for me either and I been in NV, CO, lots of places where it is legal.  That is just not me.  Heck, I was in Las Vegas and I stayed at a motel next to a place, and I kid you not, called "Liquor World" and I went in every damn day.  For a cold Diet Coke, lol.

My family has A LOT of addictive stuff going, on, lots of families do!!  But now we can talk about it!!!!   Or at least be open to to talk about it......I hope.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yeah, I have never been a smoker and the thought of sniffing something up my my nose is horrifying, lol. so......yeah no.  No Wacky Tabbacky for me either and I been in NV, CO, lots of places where it is legal.  That is just not me.  Heck, I was in Las Vegas and I stayed at a motel next to a place, and I kid you not, called "Liquor World" and I went in every damn day.  For a cold Diet Coke, lol.

My family has A LOT of addictive stuff going, on, lots of families do!!  But now we can talk about it!!!!  

Ha ha, I live in the Bay area....it's....VERY legal up here and there are a number of home delivery companies and boutique pot distributors.  

A cold diet coke....now that a treat....but I prefer it from the fountain. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Ha ha, I live in the Bay area....it's....VERY legal up here and there are a number of home delivery companies and boutique pot distributors.  

A cold diet coke....now that a treat....but I prefer it from the fountain. 

The motel I was staying at only had Diet Pepsi......and I am a DIet Coke girl.

• Love 1
On 8/30/2019 at 6:04 AM, Honey said:

Hearing him referred to as a criminal, or even worse, a loser, tells me that there are a lot of people here who have never known an addict in real life, and know absolutely nothing about addiction.  We really should be rooting for him to remain strong in his recovery.

He IS a criminal - he embezzled from his employer and stole from his own mother.  Every criminal will have a justification for their crime and it doesn’t mean they deserve compassion.  

There are many many addicts of all kinds who don’t commit crimes (lots in my own family, so yes I know addicts “in real life”).

There is also a difference between a habit and an addiction.

• Love 18

I don’t think this is spoilers since the information has been introduced in episodes by now, but each couple must be on their own timeline or TLC is in a time warp because according to the previews, Paul and Karine have their baby next episode, which actually happened in March. Tiffany and Ronald got married in October, six weeks ago according to her, but that ultrasound was by no means a 6 week fetus waving to them and with a visible spine. And I won’t give the date since it’s from an IG source, but the gala “3 day wedding” doesn’t match up with either of the other couples’ life events. 

• Love 4

Did I miss anyone saying Liam’s comments about it not being a “good idea” about his mother having a baby is probably because he knows her real age...and it’s not 51?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2