Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: The Great Unknown

• Start Topic

Tiffany and Ronald surprise everyone with big news; Laura pleads with her son to come to her wedding; Deavan leaves for South Korea, but worries Jihoon isn't prepared; Corey asks Evelin to cut off her ex; Karine and her mom leave Paul behind.

Airs 8/26/19.

I wish the closed captions worked for the previews so I’d know if Daniel is saying “we have a baby” or “you’re having a baby.”

Because if it’s the former I can trick myself into thinking it’s a baby duck or something less life-altering than a human child.  If it’s the latter...sigh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

90DF The Other Way shows the stories of these couples: 

• Paul & Karine
  • Jenny & Sumit
  • Laura & Aladin
  • Tiffany & Ronald
  • Corey & Evelin
  • Deavan & Jihoon

Other couples should be discussed in their show's forums- not here.

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Pol is a complete lose...but how is it okay for Karine to be texting othe4 guys behind his back? It does make me curious as to what this new guy must be like...she doesn’t strike me as a great conversationalist 😂

She's making $, he is not. Probably not her conversation skills that she's working - but Pol is doing nothing. I doubt it was her conversation skills that attracted Pol (shudder)

Edited by Adultosaurus
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

What to say, what to say.......Paul, EVERYONE hates you.  Deavan, I find it funny that you thank your dad for taking care of Drucilla when YOU LIVE THERE, I assume they do a lot of caretaking already?

Laura - why are you so upset at Mom In Law staying with you?  You have already shared with the world that Aladin does not rock your world.  You would think you would be happy for a reason to NOT knock boots.  Color me shocked that Liam is flying in to attend the wedding.

I thought it a bit odd that Drascilla had a periodic table of the elements on her bedroom door.  Unless she is advanced in her schooling, but somehow I doubt it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I thought it a bit odd that Drascilla had a periodic table of the elements on her bedroom door.  Unless she is advanced in her schooling, but somehow I doubt it.

It's a decor item they sell everywhere, not likely a learning tool for baby devil.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I think we all realize that so much of the 90 shows are staged for filming.

3 things from tonight's episode that I think were very genuine and not staged.

1. Jennie's reaction when she saw her daughter at the door!

2. Jihoon's sadness at the airport about leaving his "first son."

3. Daniel's delight at learning his Mom is having a baby.

Edited by TerryeW1
Forgot to add #3.
  • Love 20

Tiffany's pregnancy announcement to her Mom, then Mom's reaction: "Was this intentional?" 😮

Paul, poor sad sack, I have no answers.

For Corey the cuckold, I have even less caring.  Someone theorized he lost his virginity to Evilin,  and it seems to me that is the only thing that makes any sort of sense.  

I haven't seen the end but my bet is Jihoon will prove to be capable, and yet Deaven will end up moving back to the USA.  😞

• Love 13
1 minute ago, MajorNelson said:

Tiffany's pregnancy announcement to her Mom, then Mom's reaction: "Was this intentional?" 😮

Paul, poor sad sack, I have no answers.

For Corey the cuckold, I have even less caring.  Someone theorized he lost his virginity to Evilin,  and it seems to me that is the only thing that makes any sort of sense.  

I haven't seen the end but my bet is Jihoon will prove to be capable, and yet Deaven will end up moving back to the USA.  😞

Because they don't have Ranch in Korea.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

Liam 100% didn't just have a passport on the ready - the shenans are just too much for me now. They used to be fun but now this is just so scripted and crafted it's a soap opera not a "reality" show.

If he's Canadian, (I'm assuming so) he would have had a valid passport already. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think there are far fewer “I didn’t know I was pregnant” births than people actually claim.  

You can count me as a true "I Did Not Know".  I was very sheltered growing up,  extremely naive.  I had just turned 18 & starting college. I will not go into all of the details but met an older guy (in his 30's) in the Student Union.  I felt so mature & worldly when he asked me on a date,  expected 'payment' in return.  I was a virgin,  refused... today,  they call it date rape.  I began missing periods, told by dr very common when first starting college.  I got very sick with mono, my step mom took me to the dr., told him,  he did a pregnancy test,  negative.  Woke up one morning in extreme pain.  I was home alone and called 911, thought my appendix was bursting.  I had no idea what even happened till I woke up in recovery, she was breech & had a c-section.   I never looked pregnant,  I wore the same clothes throughout.  I worked in a plant shop while in college & wore the same small green t-shirt, worked the evening before she was born.  I lived with my dad & stepmom, my dad arranged the adoption with his attorney. They later said being on high doses of antibiotics would give a false test.  I was not heavy,  weighed about 125, put on maybe 10 lbs. Thank God,  she was healthy.  

OMG, Corey crawling back to Evilyn! 

I cannot get over how horrible Karine looks.  Her face is so bloated. She looks absolutely nothing like the girl we first met.   I am one who believes a DNA test is in order.

Boy, Tiffany's mom held back nothing! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, TerryeW1 said:

I think we all realize that so much of the 90 shows are staged for filming.

3 things from tonight's episode that I think were very genuine and not staged.

1. Jennie's reaction when she saw her daughter at the door!

2. Jihoon's sadness at the airport about leaving his "first son."

3. Daniel's delight at learning his Mom is having a baby.

The first two were last episode.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think there are far fewer “I didn’t know I was pregnant” births than people actually claim.  

It happens. Last year I got a call that my daughter was at he ER and was 6 months pregnant. She didn't know she was pregnant. She went to the hospital because her BP was sky high and she felt like hell. Now my daughter is a bit overweight and she also has a medical condition where she only has her period a couple of times a year. They had said it would be very difficult for her to get pregnant.

She was shocked but happy and excited. My husband and I went home for the night then, came back in the morning. That morning they did another ultrasound. The baby had died overnight. My daughter then had to deliver that deceased baby. She named him Stephen after my niece Stephanie who had died 4 months earlier. Last year was a shit year.

In another case, years ago, my husband worked with a woman who gave birth unexpectedly. She was thin the whole time. It was the way the baby was sitting. A month later that baby died, crib death, but we were always suspicious

Last case. I had just arrived at the hospital to have my second child and I was in the room before the birth room. Many of us were just separated by a curtain. They brought a women in who was nearly 6 months along and didn't know she was pregnant. I literally HEARD her give birth to two deceased babies.

This happens a lot more than you would think

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Useful 3

I think Jihoon looks a lot better with the shorter haircut we saw in the previews for next week. For some reason, it made me think, well, he's getting serious about finding a better job. Did Deavan ever say if Dracilla will be coming to S Korea eventually? And what's the deal with her, does she have a bio dad in the picture? Maybe that's why she's staying in the U.S?

And we also see Ronald 's temper flare up. If Tiffany is still questioning her poor decisions, that scene right there should do it. 

but what am I saying, she'll be defiantly in love until he relapses, probably then too.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Pol is a complete lose...but how is it okay for Karine to be texting othe4 guys behind his back? It does make me curious as to what this new guy must be like...she doesn’t strike me as a great conversationalist 😂

Yeah, I can't imagine any husband would be any more tolerant than Paul considering his wife's antics.  He's much more likable to me. And that's not saying much.  I did question how he could take off and afford to stay in a hotel for the night and then return and get upset that she took off.  How much longer until she delivers? This has got to the longest pregnancy.  

There is nothing to show that Karine is earning money. If she is, why keep berating Paul and where is it? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I think Jihoon looks a lot better with the shorter haircut we saw in the previews for next week. For some reason, it made me think, well, he's getting serious about finding a better job. Did Deavan ever say if Dracilla will be coming to S Korea eventually? And what's the deal with her, does she have a bio dad in the picture? Maybe that's why she's staying in the U.S?

And we also see Ronald 's temper flare up. If Tiffany is still questioning her poor decisions, that scene right there should do it. 

but what am I saying, she'll be defiantly in love until he relapses, probably then too.

Deviant's parents are bringing Druzilla to Korea a couple of weeks after Deviant gets there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Tiffany must be one of the most clueless mothers I've ever seen.  I'm not sure what is greater with her.  Is it her poor judgment or total lack of common sense.  When she went to the doctor's office, I was wondering how she was going to pay for the ultra sound.  Do they have free health care? Does she have any way to pay for hospital delivery or even any health care coverage in SA for Daniel?

Laura making wine.....she is really pushing it.  Somehow the thought of her pregnant....oh my.

Corey and Evilyn.  I just can't. 

Deavan is rather dull, but, I hope she has potential.  She should cheer up though, because, if it doesn't work out, she has a great place to return to. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

At least Pole had enough money to get that sad apartment. My question is what is Karine doing to be actively supported by a woman and her son ? She's not innocent and that's a weird story that makes no sense at all.  I have no sympathy for her, she is stupid enough to get pregnant with loser Pole, then pouts and wants a divorce because he questions why she's talking with other men? She does nothing all day, every day. The least she could do is keep her apartment clean but even that is too much for her. She's a lazy, dirty slob with no ambition to do anything but troll men on the internet for money. She must not be very good at it judging from the poverty she lives in. 

100% believe this

10 hours ago, Drogo said:

This guy in particular she said was the son of a woman who's been actively supporting her financially.  Paul should probably shut his mouth since he can't take care of anyone financially. 

I didn't know this was going on but maybe he knew it and that's why she gets so angry when he brings it up. Like he is trying to make her look bad.

• Love 4
Just now, Maybeitsme said:

I didn't know this was going on but maybe he knew it and that's why she gets so angry when he brings it up. Like he is trying to make her look bad.

This was either last episode or the one before, when he snatched her phone away while she was replying to him.  She explained the situation in her TH for us, but certainly Paul knows about the family or at least that the money she does have isn't falling out of the sky (since he definitely knows he's not providing.)  There have probably been plenty of people who saw her on TV and contacted her to help out.  

• Love 7

I’m wondering whether at least some of Laura’s problems are due to alcohol withdrawal. That could explain her mood swings, downbeat attitude, finding Aladdin less “fun”, etc. I don’t think that a social drinker would be resorting to homemade wine, instead of just going without.

Edited by Gobi
  • Useful 8
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Pole and Karine. The two biggest slobs to ever slob up Brazil. Their apartment is not only a disaster, but a fire hazard. If 90 days gig ends they can switch on over to Hoarders. 

You beat me to it! That place just defines mental illness...even at my worst I can't imagine letting it get that bad. Imagine the insect life, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

At least Pole had enough money to get that sad apartment. My question is what is Karine doing to be actively supported by a woman and her son ? She's not innocent and that's a weird story that makes no sense at all.  I have no sympathy for her, .....with no ambition to do anything but troll men on the internet for money. She must not be very good at it judging from the poverty she lives in. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I can't imagine any husband would be any more tolerant than Paul considering his wife's antics.  He's much more likable to me. And that's not saying much.  I did question how he could take off and afford to stay in a hotel for the night and then return and get upset that she took off.  How much longer until she delivers? This has got to the longest pregnancy.  

There is nothing to show that Karine is earning money. If she is, why keep berating Paul and where is it? 

Paul tries, in his weird ways.  But there must be a lot off-camera that we don't see that has turned Karini against him.

And even though Paul wants to stay together, be at birth, and have her stop the texting, he is using some view of this being a normal marriage, but this assuredly is NOT.  It was a failed K1 visa marriage where she is back in her home country, on a tv show, and sad catfishing is the main industry, etc, etc, etc, etc.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

This was either last episode or the one before, when he snatched her phone away while she was replying to him.  She explained the situation in her TH for us, but certainly Paul knows about the family or at least that the money she does have isn't falling out of the sky (since he definitely knows he's not providing.)  There have probably been plenty of people who saw her on TV and contacted her to help out.  

Maybe hoping that she’ll put that baby up for adoption?

• Love 1

I was pleasantly surprised at Laura's seemingly warm relationship with Aladin's family, that was unexpected.

And I thought his village was amazing, looks like it would be like something out of a fairy tale.  He must be going for Canadian citizenship eventually, his game is strong. Well, except the lackluster jiggy jiggy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12