Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: The Great Unknown

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Kid said:

Here’s what I found amazing. Tiffany’s mother was all bent out of shape about Tiffany being pregnant because 1. she, the mother, won’t be there for the birth and 2. the state of healthcare in South Africa.

However, she seems to have no concern : 1. that her daughter is hooked up with an addict with a criminal background, 2. has no place to live, and 3. no income. And 4. that her grandson also has to be cared for by two idiots who decided to breed while having no home and no income.   

All sounds perfectly reasonable! In the Land of 90 Day Bizzaro World.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I was pleasantly surprised at Laura's seemingly warm relationship with Aladin's family, that was unexpected.

And I thought his village was amazing, looks like it would be like something out of a fairy tale.  He must be going for Canadian citizenship eventually, his game is strong. Well, except the lackluster jiggy jiggy.

Makes sense. Lots of people from former French colonies immigrate to Canada. He's in for the long game for sure. 

I did laugh when it became clear that mom Aladin was going to be sharing the room with the happy couple. No jiggy jiggy happening that night, lol.  

• Love 9

I think there should be a PSA warning prior to any episode including Daniel screaming. Good lord, this poor kid must have a boring life for such over the top reactions to everything.

The only thing I hate as much is that water buffalo, Laura, and the way she phonetically pronounces “Al-a-Din.”

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, vintagesac said:

I think there should be a PSA warning prior to any episode including Daniel screaming. Good lord, this poor kid must have a boring life for such over the top reactions to everything.

The only thing I hate as much is that water buffalo, Laura, and the way she phonetically pronounces “Al-a-Din.”

That poor kid all excited about his idiot mother expecting. He has no idea how much worse his life just got. He'll be moved down yet another notch on his mother's list of priorities, and now she'll be tied to that criminal forever. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, vintagesac said:

Even more cringeworthy for me is how she says 'cuh-tahr'.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Or a hoarder.....

Or a terrorist.

25 minutes ago, Kid said:

Here’s what I found amazing. Tiffany’s mother was all bent out of shape about Tiffany being pregnant because 1. she, the mother, won’t be there for the birth and 2. the state of healthcare in South Africa.

However, she seems to have no concern that her daughter 1. is hooked up with an addict with a criminal background, 2. has no place to live, and 3. no income. And 4. that her grandson also has to be cared for by two idiots who decided to breed while having no home and no income.   

And yet, even with that foul reception, Tiff let Mom have the joy in telling Daniel!  WTF?

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, vintagesac said:

He is rather um dramatic.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Thank you @Drogo, I honestly do confuse the shows and the couples that are featured on occasion ...no disrespect intended 🙂

Glad to hear it's not just me! After I watch "Before..." on Sundays and "Other Way" Mondays plus the teaser for next week, by Tuesday morning I'm totally confused who is on which show. It doesn't help that both shows feature new couples plus others we all know from before. 

• Love 21
50 minutes ago, Spike said:

He is rather um dramatic.  

Yes Daniel does get excited rather easily, doesn't he?  Guess now that Mom is preggo he can forget the dream of returning to Maryland.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

There's that, and you know, the dork loser of a stepdad.

Ronald really is a dorky loser, isn't he?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Corey: I'm upset about Dead-Eyed Evelin cheating on me, so we had a fight, and now I'm the one sleeping outside in a hammock.

Me: Something feels off here...I can't quite put my finger on it...

Because him bringing it up is worse than her doing it donchaknow?

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes Daniel does get excited rather easily, doesn't he? 

I think this is a characteristic of the times we live in.  It bugs my old curmudgeonly heart that it appears that kids (and older people as well) are encouraged to demonstrate their excitement by loudly shouting, shrieking, etc. everywhere.  It wasn't the way I was raised!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Kid said:

In the previews for next week, I don’t know what happened with Jenny. But her distress seemed very real, not staged.

Looks like she's booked a flight on Delta Blow airlines.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

She might be using it as a list of possible baby names.

Regarding the  Periodic Table stapled to the bedroom door... this may explain Devion's 2 unplanned pregnancies,  she thought that was how she tracked her periods.

I just didn't understand Mother Tiffany's reasons for being upset about the pregnancy.   It wasn't "you just got married a few weeks ago to an unemployed man who just got out of rehab while living with your mother in law in a dangerous area and no foreseeable income."  It was "I missed your wedding,  I'm not missing the birth of my grandchild, even if it means the baby's father will not be present at the birth,  it's more important that I am.". 

Ronald is just breaking every rule of recovery... and he thinks he is going to counsel others?!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Farley said:

Also, hi, long time lurker, new poster. My name is Farley and I'm a 90Day, Love after Lockup, and MAFS addict.  I love all your comments and can't wait to read the threads after the shows. 

Welcome.  We're always looking for more snark.

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Farley said:

Also, hi, long time lurker, new poster. My name is Farley and I'm a 90Day, Love after Lockup, and MAFS addict.  I love all your comments and can't wait to read the threads after the shows. 

Welcome to snarksville....sit by us and have a glass of wine.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, Farley said:

Welcome, and you might want to join us in the Live Chat some time.  Frequently though we don't catch everything on the show because we're busy snarking.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Ronald really is a dorky loser, isn't he?

Yeah I really don't understand how she was so desperate for dick that she chose to sacrifice so much for THAT one.  I find him unattractive and the fact that he seems proud of himself for getting away with stealing from people is just an epic turnoff

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Farley said:

How is noone commenting on the ultrasound? How frickin' far along is she that an actual baby shape with moving hands was visible?!  6 weeks equals a blob. As well, who gets an ultrasound at 6 weeks, is this normal? Or, are they messing with the timeline for us viewers? 

Oh Thank you!! I thought it was like a peanut at that stage. Arms, legs, hands, turning the head  etc. and Ronald keeps saying it’s a boy.    They are fucking with the timeline  for sure. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Farley said:

How is noone commenting on the ultrasound? How frickin' far along is she that an actual baby shape with moving hands was visible?!  6 weeks equals a blob. As well, who gets an ultrasound at 6 weeks, is this normal? Or, are they messing with the timeline for us viewers? 

YES!  Others had thought she was pregnant, ahem, when she got there.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, TerryeW1 said:

I think we all realize that so much of the 90 shows are staged for filming.

3 things from tonight's episode that I think were very genuine and not staged.

1. Jennie's reaction when she saw her daughter at the door!

2. Jihoon's sadness at the airport about leaving his "first son."

3. Daniel's delight at learning his Mom is having a baby.

When filming, not every scene works out as intended right away (wrong acting, wrong light, wrong words, etc.). In fact, a lot will have to be re-enacted one or more times. Then there are also interesting scenes when the camera was not present or rolling and the crew might want to get this into the "live" scenes, so they will have to be re-enacted as well.

In the end, you will only see very few "authentic" scenes, not because they won't happen, but because they happen at the wrong time. I suppose the "not used" material is 10 times and more the "used material".

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

Looks like she's booked a flight on Delta Blow airlines.

My DVR ended before showing Jenny upset so am trying to catch it OD.

question I’m too lazy to look it up but what exactly is the stuff they sit around on pillows and suck on? 

Karin  looks like she’s having a allergic reaction. I have never  seen a pregnant face like that. 

That doctor was scary old , good luck on that delivery.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

What is so strange about Laura's speech pattern? It's very slow and enunciated, as if she's royalty talking to an imbecile. And they're already married, why do these people need multiple weddings? How much does that cost? And she really thinks she can get preggers over 50? Highly unlikely. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Hmmm, I thought it was a reminder to make sure you don't miss your period or else you'll wind up with another little demon spawn...

I wonder what element is the key ingredient in hot pink eye shadow.

32 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Please let it be a black baby lol.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

My DVR ended before showing Jenny upset so am trying to catch it OD.

If you can get tlc.com it's there. Not sure why she's upset, but she's very much starting to seem like there's some dementia going on, or a significant mental or emotional issue. I mean, even if you hear a parent or relative is dying, it seemed like an extreme response. I hope she can just get home and try to pick up the pieces, whatever is wrong. It kinda feels like TLC has gone a bit too over the top.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Karin  looks like she’s having a allergic reaction. I have never  seen a pregnant face like that. 

I was thinking her face got stung by a swarm of bees that used to live in the doghouse until Pole intruded.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

She looked at least six months along when the senior citizen was rubbing that clear gel on her belly. 😮

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Kid said:

In the previews for next week, I don’t know what happened with Jenny. But her distress seemed very real, not staged.

Yes, it was alarming. I hope they can just get her home safely...this obviously isn't working out and Sumit probably has gotten what he was after. I think TLC has gone too far on this one.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, BoomerRumor said:

What is so strange about Laura's speech pattern? It's very slow and enunciated, as if she's royalty talking to an imbecile. And they're already married, why do these people need multiple weddings? How much does that cost? And she really thinks she can get preggers over 50? Highly unlikely. 

Per the multiple weddings:  Look at like how in Europe, a couple is married by a civil servant followed by a church wedding later in the day or the next day.  I was invited to an Indian wedding here in the US and I had to decline (which bummed me out) but the service lasted for FOUR HOURS.  It is just a cultural thing,  My friend who is an ESL teacher from Uzbakistan (sp?) is a Muslim and her wedding was two days - it is just what ya do!!!  

PS - this may be TMI but she confided in me that her religious clergy said jiggy jiggy during Ramadan was a-okay - that is a personal thing between spouses and that Allah grants wisdom to make the decision themselves.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Farley said:

If you have nothing nice to say, come sit by me.....

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Kid said:

However, she seems to have no concern that  her daughter:  1. is hooked up with an addict with a criminal background, 2. has no place to live, and 3. has no income and 4. that her grandson also has to be cared for by two idiots who decided to breed while having no home and no income.   

This. Every single glorious word of this. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Kid said:

However, she seems to have no concern that  her daughter:  1. is hooked up with an addict with a criminal background, 2. has no place to live, and 3. has no income and 4. that her grandson also has to be cared for by two idiots who decided to breed while having no home and no income.   

Yep - now we know where her stupidity comes from!  This post is SPOT ON!

• Love 10

Daniel joins Liam and Jenny’s daughter on the list of “Offspring for Whom I Weep”. When Daniel told his mother he doesn’t like South Africa and wants to go home, Tiff basically told him to go eff himself because it’s all about Ronald. The more she nattered on and on in earlier episodes about how she’d come right home if Daniel hated S.A., the more it was plainly clear she was full of shit. That poor child ranks nowhere on her priority list. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, BoomerRumor said:

Yes, it was alarming. I hope they can just get her home safely...this obviously isn't working out and Sumit probably has gotten what he was after. I think TLC has gone too far on this one.

This can only mean the confrontation with sumits parents.  Blows will be dealt I am sure! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This can only mean the confrontation with sumits parents.  Blows will be dealt I am sure! 

I don't believe we will ever see his parents on camera. I bet they refuse to participate in this shit show. Every time he has gone to talk to them, they only show the outside of the building while he is inside.

• Love 8
On 8/26/2019 at 7:23 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

What to say, what to say.......Paul, EVERYONE hates you.  Deavan, I find it funny that you thank your dad for taking care of Drucilla when YOU LIVE THERE, I assume they do a lot of caretaking already?

Laura - why are you so upset at Mom In Law staying with you?  You have already shared with the world that Aladin does not rock your world.  You would think you would be happy for a reason to NOT knock boots.  Color me shocked that Liam is flying in to attend the wedding.

Ugh, I hate it when people get all up close and on my personal space and I.AM.NOT.FEELING.IT.

Just watching Paul crowd karine and refuse to go anywhere but in her personal space made me stabby. 

Did they plan this pregnancy?  I really can't remember how the whole thing went down.  

How is it neither of them are working and their place looks like that? And they want to add a kid to the mix?  If they want to stay in Brazil they should live with her mom.  Neither of them are equipped for a child.  

Paul looks homeless shuffling around on the streets in those busted slides.  My how times have changed since the days of the full body netting. 

2 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I don't believe we will ever see his parents on camera. I bet they refuse to participate in this shit show. Every time he has gone to talk to them, they only show the outside of the building while he is inside.

You think?  Even for a fat TLC payday?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

You think?  Even for a fat TLC payday?

I could be wrong, but it's my gut feeling that they are too conservative and want to keep their lives private. In other words, they have class, which doesn't belong anywhere near this franchise.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

She was shocked but happy and excited. My husband and I went home for the night then, came back in the morning. That morning they did another ultrasound. The baby had died overnight. My daughter then had to deliver that deceased baby. She named him Stephen after my niece Stephanie who had died 4 months earlier. Last year was a shit year.

This breaks my heart, I'm so sorry.  I'm partial to the name Stephanie, too. 

My SIL didn't find out she was pregnant with my nephew until she was about 6 months along.  She was married to my brother and they already had an older child.  She didn't have regular periods, and didn't have any other symptoms until she went to the ER with really bad abdominal pain (turned out to be gallstones).  

I am friends with a couple who are ministers (captains) in the Salvation Army.  As part of their employment they have to have periodic physicals.  She went for her physical, and they noticed something "unusual" with her bloodwork.  They sent her for an ultra-sound, and she was 30 weeks pregnant.  She found out she was pregnant and the sex of the baby all in the same day.  If it hadn't been time for her physical, who knows when she would have realized?  He is their 6th child, so she was hardly a first-time mom. 

I think there are people who don't know because they don't want to know, and would rather just ignore it.  But I think not knowing for a long time is more common than people think.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4