Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I have very spoilery episode summaries for this. Do they go here or the spoiler thread?

This topic has a no spoilers tag at the top, so you probably want to use the regular Spoilers and Shockers to be safe. (Or ask the forum mods. I'm just a regular poster here. 🙂)

• Love 1

What did everyone think of the trailer? I thought it looked kind of lackluster compared to Season 1. The production value seemed show level while season 1 was more polished.

• Love 1

I'm excited for Steve and Kayla to have Stephanie and Joey back.  Ron has taken far too long to bring them back.  It's a shame but I am glad to see them now. 

If Bo stays dead I'll be disappointed.  I wanted Bo and Hope to get a happy ending.  I also wanted to see Bo with Kayla and Steve :(

• Like 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, RedElf said:

You can watch for free if you subscribe to Comcast.

Spectrum here. Maybe I’ll wait and see what everyone says about it and if it seems worth it, subscribe for a month. 

(edited)

Well, looks like Bo is staying dead. I was so hoping he'd come back from the dead and he & Hope would get their happily-ever-after. 

Is that Andrew & Paul dancing together next to Shin & Gabi? I guess Andrew's gay?

Nice to see Tripp again and interacting with his siblings and not that drip Allie. 

I see Steve Burton still only has one facial expression. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Oh no!  He's STILL constipated??   

There;'s gotta be a pill for that, there just has to.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Well, looks like Bo is staying dead. I was so hoping he'd come back from the dead and he & Hope would get their happily-ever-after. 

Is that Andrew & Paul dancing together next to Shin & Gabi? I guess Andrew's gay?

Nice to see Tripp again and interacting with his siblings and not that drip Allie. 

I think he'll be alive at the end of this tbh. I doubt they would bring back Bo just to be a ghost

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Is the first season the one with the Alamainian peacock?  I was able to watch all of it, though I don't know how.  I am not a paid subscriber, nor do I have Comcast...

There was a digital series on the DOOL app before they moved it to Peacock.

• Useful 1
40 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think he'll be alive at the end of this tbh. I doubt they would bring back Bo just to be a ghost

but what about Zack?  They are going to leave him dead?  I get the feeling Bo is going to stay dead.

I'm already bummed we likely won't get Bo with Kayla or Steve

I have to get Premium to watch Real Housewives Girl's Trip, so I may end up watching this.  Hope's Princess Gina "You are beneath me" Face made me laugh, and I'm curious about what Eileen D is doing with Kristin these days.  On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm at the slightly intrigued emoji face.  

• LOL 2
33 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'm curious about what Eileen D

Participating in the only way she can - cashing a cheque to appear in the "exciting new format!" (because they don't have the moolah to get her back in the actual show longterm, and she probably isn't interested in returning while the writing is so bad.  Plus - Stacey.)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Is the first season the one with the Alamainian peacock?  I was able to watch all of it, though I don't know how.  I am not a paid subscriber, nor do I have Comcast...

That one was free. I was able to watch it, too. I thought I read somewhere that future ones would be subscribers only. Though, I didn’t even try the Christmas one so I could be wrong. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Is the first season the one with the Alamainian peacock?  I was able to watch all of it, though I don't know how.

See, I read that and thought you meant that you weren't sure how you got through it because the killer peacock plot was so stupid... 😆

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

See, I read that and thought you meant that you weren't sure how you got through it because the killer peacock plot was so stupid... 😆

That too!!  Double entendre... 😉

• LOL 3

Can anyone find any confirmation on whether you need the paid version to watch this?

Honestly, I'll probably keep Peacock for another month anyway because even if you can get it on the free version there will probably be more ads and I'm not about that lol.

57 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Can anyone find any confirmation on whether you need the paid version to watch this?

Honestly, I'll probably keep Peacock for another month anyway because even if you can get it on the free version there will probably be more ads and I'm not about that lol.

To watch the Christmas one you had to be a paid subscriber. So, based on that…

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, DanaMB said:

To watch the Christmas one you had to be a paid subscriber. So, based on that…

It was said you had to be paid to watch Beyond Salem season 1 as well but 2 people here watched it on the free account so who knows lol.

But I'm still pretty confident it will be for paid subscribers only. Peacock is kinda strange though because it would still let me watch stuff ad free for months after I cancelled.

• Useful 1
(edited)

There are three levels of Peacock service:

Peacock - free to all, plenty of commercials, some shows not available

Peacock Premium - $4.99, limited commercials, all shows available.

Peacock Plus - $9.99, commercial free, all shows available.

As with all streaming services, there is not a minimum.  Sign up for a month, and cancel at any time.  You will have access to all programming until that initial purchase timeframe has been met.

Xfinity and Spectrum cable customers get free access to the second tier (Premium) if they enroll through the URL listed above in the thread.  

It is unclear whether any episodes of Beyond Salem, Chapter Two will be on the *free* tier.  It's possible that Episode #1 will be free and you will need to upgrade to the Premium or Plus levels.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

It's possible that Episode #1 will be free and you will need to upgrade to the Premium or Plus levels.

That's the most likely. That's how Peacock does all their originals and how season 1 of Beyond Salem is right now.

9 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

There are three levels of Peacock service:

Peacock - free to all, plenty of commercials, some shows not available

Peacock Premium - $4.99, limited commercials, all shows available.

Peacock Plus - $9.99, commercial free, all shows available.

As with all streaming services, there is not a minimum.  Sign up for a month, and cancel at any time.  You will have access to all programming until that initial purchase timeframe has been met.

Xfinity and Spectrum cable customers get free access to the second tier (Premium) if they enroll through the URL listed above in the thread.  

It is unclear whether any episodes of Beyond Salem, Chapter Two will be on the *free* tier.  It's possible that Episode #1 will be free and you will need to upgrade to the Premium or Plus levels.

@SanDiegoInExile  thanks so much for this succinct explanation of the various Peacock services. Well, that explains why me - an Xfinity subscriber kept wondering why there were commercials when I watch Peacock shows!  There's nothing on Peacock worth me upgrading to Peacock Plus.

• Love 2

I had to pause 20-ish minutes in (at the end of  the Pride party).  There's only so much cringe a person can take. Hopefully it gets better once the story kicks in. 

Eta: The actors looked good but the production values are definitely Dollar Store.

• Love 4

Really enjoyed seeing Steve and Kayla with their kids again. Even Tripp lol.   I like the nu Stephanie and Joey.  The new Joey has life now and looks a whole lot tougher.   Stephanie reminded me of the old Stephanie when she said "Papa"

John stuff was terrible dancing around like he was. Why does the show have to go overboard with this.  Way too much. Way too preachy.

I dont want to see ghost Bo for 5 episodes but I'm afraid that's where we're heading.   Overall I liked it though. I think the storyline is intriguing 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Merciful Zeus...  Beyond Salem?  Beyond watchable.

That was painful.  I paid for one month to watch the Psych movies and thought this would be a bonus.  Not so much.

Even all the insane undying love I have for Loretta Devine cannot force me to watch this.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"Ghost Bo" is really cheesy.  Dont care for Steve Burton's 'sour face".  John dancing at the Pride Party was pitiful.  The best part was seeing Patch & Kayla with their 3 kids...new Joey was good.  I dont remember who Megan Hathaway is....

• Sad 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

"Ghost Bo" is really cheesy.  Dont care for Steve Burton's 'sour face".  John dancing at the Pride Party was pitiful.  The best part was seeing Patch & Kayla with their 3 kids...new Joey was good.  I dont remember who Megan Hathaway is....

Wasn't she one of Stefano's long lost children.  She was involved with Bo at some point a long time ago if I remember correctly.  80s era I think.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm choosing to be positive: of course I am a Bo and Hope fan, so I had all the feels today and I'm still optimistic to a potential open ending that leaves the fans happy. 

Loved Peter and Kristian's voiceovers ; and of course I adored the intro!    I haven't watched in years, and while yes some of the production values are as someone said dollar store, I'm going to enjoy the heck out of seeing Bo fume from the great beyond 

Megan Hathaway DiMera, was Bo's high school sweetheart ( he did not know she was a Dimera)  she came on in 1984  and the Prism storyline took shape as, Hope was forced to marry Larry Welch to save Bo and her family, and it all revolved around the 3 prisms that were supposed to save Stefano from a brain tumor, they wanted Larry in office and also away to keep Hope away from Bo, but with the Help of Mrs. Horton, Howie, Eugene, and Abe, Bo and Hope were back together and working with their friends to get the prisms.    Shane came in during this time as Hope's butler who was working for Maxwell Hathaway (but he was undercover for the ISA). 

Megan met her demise (or so we assumed) when Larry pushed her into a wall and she supposedly  died from a blow to her head, he then placed her in the hot tub that Megan had rigged to electrocute Hope. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Stella Rose said:

Wasn't she one of Stefano's long lost children.  She was involved with Bo at some point a long time ago if I remember correctly.  80s era I think.

Yes she was Bo's HS GF. On the mothership she was murdered by Larry Welch being electrocuted in the Hot Tub. Which I believe was meant for Hope. So like her father she managed to cheat death. 

Cin surprisingly didn't bother me on this show compared to the mothership. I also thought the Hope/Ciara scenes were actually decent except I don't get why this couldn't be on the main show. You know where Bo/Hope's first born lives now that seems to be ignored to nobody's surprise. Goodness I rather see Shawn reunite with his parents than be dumbed down to deal with Jan/Belle.

I agree Stayla and Kids were the best part of the show. 

• Love 5