Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

He died the fall of '15 during Days 50th anniversary celebration.  Back then Ben was murdering people left and right. So if we turn back time and the shower curtain maybe Hope dreamed  nightmared the whole CIN relationship too. 

I know that he's no fan favorite, but maybe Ben being a murderer was part of the dream/nightmare, too?  Then if he's still on the show, he can be a normal person that viewers don't hate so much?  I don't know, but it seems like most of his victims are alive again anyway, so why not just make the whole thing never have happened instead of just pretending like it never happened.  🤷‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I know that he's no fan favorite, but maybe Ben being a murderer was part of the dream/nightmare, too?  Then if he's still on the show, he can be a normal person that viewers don't hate so much?  I don't know, but it seems like most of his victims are alive again anyway, so why not just make the whole thing never have happened instead of just pretending like it never happened.  🤷‍♀️

That would be an interesting twist.  Even funnier is that if they took Ben back to just the new bartender in town who worked at Will & Sonny's restaurant. At that point, when he arrived, Ciara hadn't been SORASed and was still in elementary school.  So if Ciara aged normally she's only be a teen now.  Imagine a scene (after the big shower scene reveal) where Bo, Hope, and 15 year old (?) Ciara are seated at the restaurant for lunch together, Hope relieved her nightmare was just that, Ben drops a menu off at their table, and Ciara looks longingly at him.  "I think you've got an admirer," Will teases Ben when he returns to the bar. "She's cute man, but a little young for me," he replies. End of CIN romance. LOL   

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

That would be an interesting twist.  Even funnier is that if they took Ben back to just the new bartender in town who worked at Will & Sonny's restaurant. At that point, when he arrived, Ciara hadn't been SORASed and was still in elementary school.  So if Ciara aged normally she's only be a teen now.  Imagine a scene (after the big shower scene reveal) where Bo, Hope, and 15 year old (?) Ciara are seated at the restaurant for lunch together, Hope relieved her nightmare was just that, Ben drops a menu off at their table, and Ciara looks longingly at him.  "I think you've got an admirer," Will teases Ben when he returns to the bar. "She's cute man, but a little young for me," he replies. End of CIN romance. LOL   

Wishful thinking. Lol

• LOL 4

Really not looking forward to Steve Burton joining the show. The only time he has gone beyond the monotone line readings in the last 20 years is when is working with Kimberly McCullough (Robin, GH). They had some really good scenes a decade ago when Robin thought she was dying. He also did a good job when he found out Robin was "dead" but that is only a few good scenes that I can think of. 

Maybe I am just frustrated as someone who has worked in an ER throughout this entire pandemic, but why doesn't Days have a vaccine mandate? No offense, but a good portion of the cast is over 60 years old and on the set a lot. We have seen Julie, Doug, Marlena, John, Steve, Kayla, Jack, Jennifer, Justin, Bonnie, and Abe a lot over these last few months, not to mention Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) who has a chronic neuromuscular disease.  I know Jennifer Aniston is looking out for her dad, but who is looking out for everyone else if the production company won't?

• Love 13
16 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Really not looking forward to Steve Burton joining the show. The only time he has gone beyond the monotone line readings in the last 20 years is when is working with Kimberly McCullough (Robin, GH). They had some really good scenes a decade ago when Robin thought she was dying. He also did a good job when he found out Robin was "dead" but that is only a few good scenes that I can think of. 

Maybe I am just frustrated as someone who has worked in an ER throughout this entire pandemic, but why doesn't Days have a vaccine mandate? No offense, but a good portion of the cast is over 60 years old and on the set a lot. We have seen Julie, Doug, Marlena, John, Steve, Kayla, Jack, Jennifer, Justin, Bonnie, and Abe a lot over these last few months, not to mention Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) who has a chronic neuromuscular disease.  I know Jennifer Aniston is looking out for her dad, but who is looking out for everyone else if the production company won't?

Probably because it's Days decision to do so. You can't force medical decisions onto people that don't want it although many advocate this for some reason. 

I don't particularly care for Steve and don't want him on Days either but it has nothing to do with his vaccination status or lack thereof. GH told him he couldn't work there because of their mandate. So he went to a show that doesn't have one which is within his right to do so. If it was such an issue to them they could've hired another vaccinated actor.

• Love 2

I don't know if you saw the promo for Days for next week but they show Bo as a ghost which makes me wonder if he's still dead in the Beyond Salem 2 series.

I wonder if they will kill off Hope and have Bo/Hope reunite in the afterlife? If neither are sticking around long term this isn't a bad scenario and would wrap up some loose ends.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't know if you saw the promo for Days for next week but they show Bo as a ghost which makes me wonder if he's still dead in the Beyond Salem 2 series.

I wonder if they will kill off Hope and have Bo/Hope reunite in the afterlife? If neither are sticking around long term this isn't a bad scenario and would wrap up some loose ends.

I don't hate this idea.

And if they remarry in the afterlife, then they don't have to worry about the noticeably absent friends and family.

Or coming up with another convoluted explanation for where Bo has been.

It won't beat Vicky and Ryan's afterlife wedding, mind you - what could? - but it'll do.

Then again - killing Hope off in a digital series would be strange. How would they handle it in the show proper? Re-use the footage?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Since I expect Kristian to return to DOOL in 2023 to celebrate her 40th anniversary, I doubt they will kill her off.  She can continue to interact with Ghost Bo.  Some of their best scenes in the last decade were the Horton Cabin scenes with Dead Bo and Dead Zach counseling Hope.

Since Hope has been off-screen for awhile, the show can create plenty of unseen backstory to introduce a new romantic interest when she pops up again in Salem.  Watching Hope fall in love is more awkward than having her already found a love.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

...a new love that audiences won't accept? Opinions are still divided over original recipe Aiden!

I really don't know what to wish for with Bo coming back. I wanted Hope to help Ciara and maybe find a new guy, but Bo coming back means no new guy can possibly be introduced without suffering by comparison.

KA coming back in 2023 with a good new storyline would be nice though.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And if they remarry in the afterlife, then they don't have to worry about the noticeably absent friends and family.

It would make buying a wedding gift a bit of a hassle, though.

• LOL 10
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't hate this idea.

Or coming up with another convoluted explanation for where Bo has been.

It won't beat Vicky and Ryan's afterlife wedding, mind you - what could? - but it'll do.

Then again - killing Hope off in a digital series would be strange. How would they handle it in the show proper? Re-use the footage?

I would think they could since Days is the parent show.

• Love 2
On 5/5/2022 at 12:40 PM, DisneyBoy said:

RSW isn't a good enough actor for Ben's crimes being wiped away to change anything, AFAIC.

Dude, your hate for Ben/RSW gives me life. LOL

I don't hate him, but I respect your opinion on him.

I still can't believe they didn't try to explain that Jordan was the REAL necktie killer, simply wearing a Ben mask and then brainwashing him into believing he did it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Why do you not hate him? The Show has embarrassed itself kissing his ass. That's really what I hate. His acting is bad, but the Ben worship is worse.

Happy to give life though LOL

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why do you not hate him? The Show has embarrassed itself kissing his ass. That's really what I hate. His acting is bad, but the Ben worship is worse.

Speaking for myself, how is it Rob's fault if the show embarrasses itself? His acting might be bad (can't argue a personal opinion), but by the same token, it's not as if he's been given Academy Award dialogue.

• Love 1

I mean the way all these characters have been  brainwashed into cheerleading Ben: Marlena, Claire, Shawn...now even GhostBo FFS!

Sure the plotting has issues...but they've made Ben a high priority and his character doesn't deserve it. He's a leading man?? How??

Also, RSW is weak.

But that's me.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm always going to remember him as the fresh actor he was in 2013, excited to get a chance playing Petey on the All My Children Revival after his days as the first male Price is Right model. He was really upbeat and positive on his social media especially to the girl Celia that played his love interest and I can't help but root a little for the kid.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

but they've made Ben a high priority and his character doesn't deserve it. He's a leading man?? How??

The same way they're now making Rafe a leading man? 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Exactly.

I know these guys have some fans but....it's just so weird. Call me crazy but back in the day a character only got to be a lead once the audience was invested in how well they were written and the performer proved their worth.

Ben and Rafe are supporting players, at best.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm always going to remember him as the fresh actor he was in 2013, excited to get a chance playing Petey on the All My Children Revival after his days as the first male Price is Right model. He was really upbeat and positive on his social media especially to the girl Celia that played his love interest and I can't help but root a little for the kid.

That's how I remember him, too, being so upbeat and grateful at a time when we were losing two of our beloved shows.  And Jill Larson spoke so highly of him, which carried weight with me.

He's not so much the problem as Show's relentless insistence on doubling down on a terrible decision to redeem a vicious serial killer and make him not only a romantic lead, but THE romantic lead, currently coupled with an actress who has all the charm and talent of a car alarm.

It's a soap - they could so easily have made him a previously unknown twin or something but instead, stuck him with being the reformed necktie killer forever and ever. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

He doesn't have this kind of energy in any of the more recent interviews I've seen with him, which is a shame.

• Love 1

I don't like his line readings enough to say it's the Necktie Killer angle that's the issue. If he was just a bartender again, I'd still find him stilted.

Nobody talks the way he talks. His facial expressions are equally off. He doesn't connect or seem natural. I know on this show everything's a little less than realistic, but Freddie - even at the end of his run as Sonny - was more believable in moments than RSW is overall.

Not to pick on the guy...but really, he (and a few others) drag everything down just by being prominently featured when they have so little going for them.

Maybe he helps builds the sets or brings in homemade muffins or something *shrug*

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/20/2022 at 3:06 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I don't hate him.  He's hot.  Why can't we like a little eye-candy?

On 5/20/2022 at 3:24 AM, MsTree said:

Speaking for myself, how is it Rob's fault if the show embarrasses itself? His acting might be bad (can't argue a personal opinion), but by the same token, it's not as if he's been given Academy Award dialogue.

Exactly - it's a low-budget soap opera, not the reincarnation of Citizen Kane.  I don't actually find him much worse of an actor than anyone else on this show.  No one on Days is going to win any Oscars or Primetime Emmys any time soon - if they were, they wouldn't still be on this dying show.  

Also, and this might just be me, but I find hating anyone that I don't actually know to be a waste of energy.  (Okay, one exception - certain politicians.)  We should all spread love, not hate.  I'd rather find someone that I can be a big fan of and praise them (not in the religious sense) than tear someone down.  ::shrug:: 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Also, and this might just be me, but I find hating anyone that I don't actually know to be a waste of energy. 

You're not alone. We're here to be entertained. The haters can fast-forward or grab a snack 😋

• Love 1

I hope I don't come across as a hater. I'm burned out on how juvenile and sloppy this show has become and find sharing those feelings here helpful 😄

I hope for better Days to come...

• Love 4

Please get back on topic. This is the DOOL Digital Series Thread.   There's too much talk about regular DOOL.  Just because a character from the regular show might show up here doesn't mean everything about their history is open for discussion when it'd fit fine in the regular discussion threads or past discussion threads.

The only exceptions would be for the characters not currently appearing on the regular show.

Thank you.

Here's the full cast list for Beyond Salem 2:

Spoiler

Eileen Davidson as Kristen DiMera  

Christopher Sean as Paul Narita

Loretta Devine as Angela 

Vince Van Patten as Phil Hellworth 

Tanner Stine as Joey Johnson 

Abigail Klein as Stephanie Johnson 

Colton Little as Andrew Donovan  

Victoria Grace as Wendy Shin 

Kristian Alfonso as Hope Williams Brady

Peter Reckell as Bo Brady 

Deidre Hall as Dr. Marlena Evans 

Drake Hogestyn as John Black 

Steve Burton as Harris Michaels 

Stephen Nichols as Steve “Patch” Johnson 

Mary Beth Evans as Kayla Brady Johnson 

Lucas Adams as Tripp Johnson 

Camila Banus as Gabi Hernandez 

Victoria Konefal as Ciara Brady 

Robert Scott Wilson as Ben Weston  

Remington Hoffman as Li Shin 

...so wait...we got ourselves a Dreamgirl? Daaaaang.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Tanner Stine, the new Joey.  He has quite the resume.  If the new Stephanie is going to move over to the main show, I wonder if Joey, will, too.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6003345/

Abigail Klein, the new Stephanie

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3676950/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I wonder who they will hook them up with, it can't be Tripp, Johnny, or Ally, since they're related.  Plus Abigail Klein is 34.

I wonder if Paul will still be in a wheelchair.

Edited by RedElf
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

I remember the new Joey from Impulse. He was really good in that.

9 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I wonder who they will hook them up with, it can't be Tripp, Johnny, or Ally, since they're related.  Plus Abigail Klein is 34.

She could definitely be playing younger. How old should Stephanie actually be?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Stephanie was born in 1990 so in RL she'd be 32 however with SORAS she could be a bit older.

Apparently they have casted Andrew Donovan which I wanted for the original show. I bet he's Paul's love interest(speculation not spoiler). 

Maybe we'll see her

meredith scott lynn on Twitter: "I MISS BEING #AnneMilbauer on #DAYS #DOOL #DaysOfOurLives SO MUCH and I'M CROSSING FINGERS AND CURLS they call me for #BeyondSalem on #PeacockTV. There, I said it!🤗 (See Anne behind Victor? Best job ever. #SoapDigest) https://t.co/SYuaqTYTLp" / Twitter

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

So I see one of the cast members...

Spoiler

Vince Van Patten

...has a prior connection to the show as a whole, if it is the same man. Because that is also the name of the hubby of none other than...

Spoiler

Eileen Davidson [OG Kristen].

And funny how we discussed the character, and now he will FINALLY appear!

Welcome...

Spoiler

Andrew Donovan!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The new Andrew and Joey are really hot and for that I am thankful lol.

Andrew has never been seen as an adult.  The last time we saw him he was a young kid getting into trouble with his cousin Sean-Douglas. 

I don't want Ron writing for him. He will probably be awful.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Andrew has never been seen as an adult.  The last time we saw him he was a young kid getting into trouble with his cousin Sean-Douglas. 

I don't want Ron writing for him. He will probably be awful.

Trust me, I'm not thrilled Ron will be writing for Andrew - or anyone. But I have the sad feeling he is it for the show, so it's either Ron writing these characters or never seeing them, ever. (Which may not be a minus, but still.)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Yeah, Andrew got all the drama as a fetus/baby. All I recall was Kimberly being forced to sleep with Victor (which was gross in itself as KIM once thought she was his child with Caroline, also gross because he WAS the bio-father of her half-brother, AND he had slept with Kim's mother!) and it was thought for a time that Andrew was his. Only when he got sick after birth was it discovered Shane was Andrew's father, much to Victor's dismay.

Then he was a seldom-seen kid, Kim and Shane had Jeannie, and they had basically left Salem.

So, to bring it back to the digital series, Andrew is pretty much a blank slate. So Ron will likely have a field day, which terrifies me, actually.

• Love 6
(edited)
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, Andrew got all the drama as a fetus/baby. All I recall was Kimberly being forced to sleep with Victor (which was gross in itself as KIM once thought she was his child with Caroline, also gross because he WAS the bio-father of her half-brother, AND he had slept with Kim's mother!) and it was thought for a time that Andrew was his. Only when he got sick after birth was it discovered Shane was Andrew's father, much to Victor's dismay.

Then he was a seldom-seen kid, Kim and Shane had Jeannie, and they had basically left Salem.

So, to bring it back to the digital series, Andrew is pretty much a blank slate. So Ron will likely have a field day, which terrifies me, actually.

Victor is a terrible man but he never forced Kim to sleep with him.  She used her body to distract him from finding Shane in his office. Had he found him going through his things, he would have killed.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
Just now, Pearson80 said:

Victor is a terrible man but he never forced Kim to sleep with him.  She used her body to distract him from finding Shane in his office. Had he found him going through his things, he would have killed him.  

Well...in a way it was not exactly consensual, though, for the exact reasons you state. Had Shane not been involved, I doubt Kim would have even had to do that "distraction".

But it's a fine line.

Either way, Victor WAS one heck of a villain back in the day...

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well...in a way it was not exactly consensual, though, for the exact reasons you state. Had Shane not been involved, I doubt Kim would have even had to do that "distraction".

But it's a fine line.

Either way, Victor WAS one heck of a villain back in the day...

It was consensual after all was said and done.  She was disgusted with what she had to do. Kim went back to being a prostitute to get Victor's mind off of Shane. Victor was so happy to oblige. 

20 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Andrew was featured in lots of stories as a kid.

He saw Shane and Kayla kiss and told his mom what he saw. Poor kid was confused on why his dad was with his aunt. 

He and Sean-Douglas were super close as cousins. He was the reason that Sean-Douglas fell into that hole causing his deafness. He was so hysterical and his uncle Bo was so great with him,  comforting and reassuring him that everything was going to be fine.

He was front and center during Kim's Multiple personalities storyline. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

It was consensual after all was said and done.  She was disgusted with what she had to do. Kim went back to being a prostitute to get Victor's mind off of Shane. Victor was so happy to oblige. 

Andrew was featured in lots of stories as a kid.

He saw Shane and Kayla kiss and told his mom what he saw. Poor kid was confused on why his dad was with his aunt.

He and Sean-Douglas were super close as cousins. He was the reason that Sean-Douglas fell into that hole causing his deafness. He was so hysterical and his uncle Bo was so great with him,  comforting and reassuring him that he was not the cause.

He was front and center during Kim's Multiple personalities storyline.

Huh. I don't remember ANY of that. LOL! But cool! (BTW, Shawn-Douglas had the Americanized spelling of Shawn, even if the Irish spelling of Sean made more sense.)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Huh. I don't remember ANY of that. LOL! But cool! (BTW, Shawn-Douglas had the Americanized spelling of Shawn, even if the Irish spelling of Sean made more sense.)

I remember the show used to write it the Irish way back when the show used to play up the Brady family's Irish heritage. Shawn was always called Sean-Douglas and I loved it.  Then once he got put with Belle they shortened it to Shawn and used the American spelling.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I remember the show used to write it the Irish way back when the show used to play up the Brady family's Irish heritage. Shawn was always called Sean-Douglas and I loved it.  Then once he got put with Belle they shortened it to Shawn and used the American spelling.

Was Shawn Sr. ever Sean?  

8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I’ve used industrial strength bleach to forget the Kayla/Shane romance ever happened.

because I’m too lazy to check, is Beyond Salem actually airing now on Peacock? If not, when will the episodes air?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I’ve used industrial strength bleach to forget the Kayla/Shane romance ever happened.

because I’m too lazy to check, is Beyond Salem actually airing now on Peacock? If not, when will the episodes air?

July.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1