Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

DOOL is going digital.  Please read the following initial rules for the thread. These are pretty specific, we know, but we'd appreciate everyone working to adhere to them. 

• Discussion of the DOOL Digital Series can only be discussed in this thread.  Any mention of this show, as it directly relates to the main show, needs to be spoiler tagged in the general thread and limited. 
  • Discussion of the main show should not be discussed in this thread at all unless it directly impacts the digital show. (i.e. Jennifer falls into a coma.  Abby is told she has fallen into a coma.) This includes past storylines.  Things like a brief mention of history is okay but long discussions about who was right and who was wrong in a feud is not. 
  • Spoilers for the digital show should be spoiler tagged and discussed here, not the spoiler thread. This includes whether or not any of the characters are TV-DOOL bound. 
  • Any digital series-bound, currently airing DOOL characters also need to be spoilered in both threads. 

For this initial thread,we're going to say that what has been released by the media so far is okay to discuss.  So you can talk about the premise (Chad and Abby in Paris) and the characters set to appear at this moment:  Chad, Abby, Austin and the new character who we know nothing about.  If we learn any more than that, it should be spoilered. Specifically, if we ever find out why Austin shows up, put it under tags. 

Whew.  Speculate away. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Ugh. As nice as low as it will be to see Austin, putting him in Abby's orbit again is going to piss me off because I'm sure the writing isn't going to acknowledge how Abby basically screwed with his head and nearly destroyed his marriage. I'd love for them to go there and let both him and Chad worry that Abigail's going to go crazy and try to screw around both of them...but obviously the angle here is that Abigail is a wonderful woman who deserves to have Chad begging her for the honor of being her devoted lapdog. Ugh!

It's a real shame that they didn't focus instead on Theresa, her parents, her brother and baby Tate off on the West Coast. That's a subplot happening off canvas that I'd much rather see. Them dealing with the passing of Caroline, maybe discussing Eve's crazy trajectory in Salem...

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ugh. As nice as low as it will be to see Austin, putting him in Abby's orbit again is going to piss me off because I'm sure the writing isn't going to acknowledge how Abby basically screwed with his head and nearly destroyed his marriage. I'd love for them to go there and let both him and Chad worry that Abigail's going to go crazy and try to screw around both of them...but obviously the angle here is that Abigail is a wonderful woman who deserves to have Chad begging her for the honor of being her devoted lapdog. Ugh!

It's a real shame that they didn't focus instead on Theresa, her parents, her brother and baby Tate off on the West Coast. That's a subplot happening off canvas that I'd much rather see. Them dealing with the passing of Caroline, maybe discussing Eve's crazy trajectory in Salem...

Well JL just had her kid and its probably unlikely they could get Patsy and Charles for this as well. However I would've gone with Shawn/Belle dealing with Claire at Bayview since it just happened. Chabby have been gone for months with a HEA not really sure what story is left to tell with them.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I watched it. It was good. I missed Billy and Kate. Even Austin Peck was good.

I loved it too!! It's better than what's actually happening on the show right now. The sets and lighting are a 1000x better than what we're seeing on the show. Days needs to take note of that. Overall, it was fun to watch.

I find it hard to believe that Austin would so easily brush off what Abby did to him. 

• Love 3

If anyone outside the USA figures out how to watch this... message me please.

44 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I find it hard to believe that Austin would so easily brush off what Abby did to him

Really? This is Abigail! She's the best!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

If anyone outside the USA figures out how to watch this... message me please.

Really? This is Abigail! She's the best!

From what I understand, it will be on the NBC website in about a week.  Can you access that?

5 hours ago, Sidney said:

I loved it too!! It's better than what's actually happening on the show right now. The sets and lighting are a 1000x better than what we're seeing on the show. Days needs to take note of that. Overall, it was fun to watch.

I find it hard to believe that Austin would so easily brush off what Abby did to him. 

Well Austin is too nice(and dumb sadly) I mean he forgave Sami for raping him so Abby is nothing in comparison.  However I think he has an ulterior motive when he brought up the Dimera financials. I think he's using Abby to get info on the Dimeras that would be a nice twist.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sidney said:

That’s weird and telling. I have found most web soaps (I watched Caruso’s ones) have better sets and are more polished than daytime tv ones. Go figure. You’d think Corday would steal some of their tricks. 

I know Brad Bell who produces B&B, the number one soap internationally and 2nd or top in the US, has mentioned he wouldn’t give a damn if he went web based. Maybe not giving a network a cut and not having to answer to their rules or regulations frees budget and production? He’s independentally wealthy as well (the drone aerial footage most episodes of the Forrester estate and Brooke’s hotel-esque mansion are his and sister LauraLee’s homes in BelAir and nothing to sneeze at) so who knows? 

Still not tuning in unless I have a masochistic moment since I’ve had enough of Abigail for a lifetime. 

Failure is worse than Sami in many categories and often has zero motivation or remorse so shouldn’t be compared. Austin letting go of what Sami did well she’s was his love of his life’s sister and it was almost 30 years. Also, Sami wasn’t right in her mind then. Sami forgave Lucas and Kate, his brother and mother, for their many crimes including trying to kill her and is extremely close to them. She is the mother of his niece and nephew he couldn’t hate her. I remember watching when she was drugging Austin story I was drinking a Frutopia and my grandma had a Vienneta in the freezer for after dinner, ugh the throwback and luxury of it all. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Is this why Austin and Carrie got divorced, so he could be on this show without her?

That would explain a lot is he sticking around though? I know Austin is a real estate agent now along with his wife Terri (she used to play Katie Peretti on ATWT) so I didn't think he'd go back to acting FT.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Failure is worse than Sami in many categories and often has zero motivation or remorse so shouldn’t be compared. Austin letting go of what Sami did well she’s was his love of his life’s sister and it was almost 30 years. Also, Sami wasn’t right in her mind then. Sami forgave Lucas and Kate, his brother and mother, for their many crimes including trying to kill her and is extremely close to them. She is the mother of his niece and nephew he couldn’t hate her. I remember watching when she was drugging Austin story I was drinking a Frutopia and my grandma had a Vienneta in the freezer for after dinner, ugh the throwback and luxury of it all. 

See this is something I don't agree with. Sami actually raped Austin I don't care if it was almost 30 years ago. Jack raped Kayla over 30 years ago and its not forgotten or glossed over nor should it but this show has. I find Abby terrible and callous as much as the next person but Sami actually violated Austin on a worse level than Abby did they should have the uneasiness of a Jack/Kayla type relationship but they didn't instead they paired them together and had them engaged at one point and made my skin crawl.

I hate above all else that because Austin is such a nice guy loser he can't hate both of these women and he's more than justified.

I'm starting to wonder if some of these casting cuts were to free up money for this digital series(sure it was to have the show renewed but honestly I think they have come to terms with the show being off broadcast TV come Sept 2020).

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Failure is worse than Sami in many categories and often has zero motivation or remorse so shouldn’t be compared. Austin letting go of what Sami did well she’s was his love of his life’s sister and it was almost 30 years. Also, Sami wasn’t right in her mind then

Sorry, but I disagree Sami "wasn't in her right mind". She knew exactly what she was doing when she was drugging Austin. She was scheming all over. She just did not want Carrie to "win". Abigail sucks, but I refuse to make excuses for Sami, either. SHE, too, is a rapist. And I will never forget.

Post-Jack/Kayla, this show's use and treatment of rape is nothing short of disgusting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I really hope Austin is secretly investigating Stefano and is getting close to Abby to get what he wants rather than some contrived connection with Austin/Abby. This sounds a lot more interesting than the TV version of the show beyond that....

• Love 2

They're calling these episodes "Chapter 1".  I wonder how long this chapter will run.

I find it hard to believe that Abigail can cook.

Is that Dimera Enterprises logo new?

That French woman's accent is thicker than Ted's.

The dramatic closes of each of these episodes are really old school soapiness.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I tried to watch but I just really hate both Chad and Abigail so I couldn't make it through even 2 minutes lol. I wish they hadn't started this with them. I might try again though.

Yeah, that made this an absolute non-starter for me.  I actually like Chad - Billy Flynn, really, flaws and all - but I detest Mansi so much that nothing is worth it to me to sit through anything she's in, no matter what, no matter with who.

Maybe DOOL might want to focus on fixing the show they've got before branching out???

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I was bored out of my mind earlier so I watched it. I don't know if it's just because I think Chad and Abigail, both the characters and actors, suck or not but I thought it was bad lol. I just can't stand either of them and their overwhelming smugness. I think they think when they fumble over lines it's cute or something but I just find it embarrassing.

I loved Austin though. He looks so fucking fine. Why is he seemingly trying to fuck Abigail though? Austin, you're better than this!

And, similarly, why does the French lady want Chad? I know nothing about her but still I can tell she could do better!

I'm hoping Austin and French lady are in cahoots to fuck over Chad and Abigail in some way.

• Love 3

Well Abby can bake and it the past it was referenced she could cook so its not totally out there even though I can't picture KM's version a domestic goddess.

I did like the exterior shots of Paris though. Probably cost some money.

Hard to believe but I used to like Chad/Abby once (not anymore as I find them to be a complete joke after their breakups/makeups etc and Billy Flynn clearly phoning it in I mean really they could've recasted Chad and it would make no difference). 

That being said the best part is Austin and I personally think he's getting close to Abby so he can get a look at the Dimera financials (at least I hope that's the case) It would tie into Austin's last arrival in Salem in 2011 where he was investigating John secretly for something similar. 

I wish they could fix the actual show that's on TV  but I think this series is a white flag waving that Days will be off broadcast TV come Sept 2020 and they're getting us started with this. I wouldn't have chose Chad/Abby but they are the couple of this decade(which isn't say much but I digress) who have a following. It could be worse it could be Ben/Ciara. 

I would've gone for Shawn/Belle and see them react to Claire being at Bayview etc. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I really don't understand Chad's shitty attitude towards Austin.

He has a shitty attitude towards most people though.

Like most things on soaps these days they don't do a good job explaining well anything. 

It would make sense for Austin to be more resentful over Chad than the other way around because Kate acts like Chad is one of her kids than her actual kids. I hope Austin is up to something so far the digital series doesn't bother me probably because the episodes aren't long enough to get to that point.

• Love 1

I thought it was pretty clear he didn't like seeing Wandering Eyes Abigail having dinner with a guy she was previously obsessed with (does he even know their history) when she was supposed to be waiting naked for his return. Plus, as Austin pointed out, he did help hunt Stefano in Prague. Some reasons there for him to be annoyed.

As for having Shelle and Claire as leads, I think it would have been a little bit depressing to launch the webisode series with two parents visiting their mentally ill daughter. Claire is probably going to be in there for a while...and it's kind of hard to mine laughs or smiles from a story about a mental institution.

That said, my intense dislike of Kate Mansi is completely renewed after watching the first four episodes. Her character has absolutely no self-awareness and practically seems tickled by the fact she did a really disturbing thing to Austin and Carrie's marriage all those years ago. "It was... crazy, teehee!" Oh shut up. A better actress would have taken those lines, slowed down, and tried to show that her character felt actual remorse and discomfort at the thought of what she had done. I mean come on, since then she's also murdered a man, nearly killed three other women and thrown her best friend in prison...I would think this would be a slightly more humble and contrite Abigail. But nope. And then she invites grown-ass Austin to live with them and their two kids...? Da fuq? Read the room honey. You give your hubby shit and are now inviting his competition to live with you? But HE needs to make the marriage work? *slow clap* 

I found myself annoyed with Billy Flynn until Chad went to the office. He is better with pretty much any other scene partner other than Mansi. He's a good actor - he tries to make everything Chad does seem natural, but there's a little bit of smugness in him that Kate just brings out in spades.

I have difficulty understanding Juliet when she talks too fast, but I'm already rooting for her to steal Chad away from Failure.

Austin is coming on very strong to Abigail, which is a repulsive thought. I'm also crossing my fingers and toes that he's using her to get info on DiMera. If he is to blame for the dissolution of his own marriage, I have a hard time picturing him swinging by the home of his ex-tormentor just to get laid. He should be heartbroken about disappointing Carrie. Let's hope he is and is playing Ms Perfect to get info...

This is a completely random note, but I've always hated Kate Mansi's muddy hair colour. I totally understand why an actress wouldn't want to perpetually dye her hair bleach blond, but whatever colour she currently has just looks super unflattering on her.

And she's still weirdly tucking in her shirts halfway. Is that supposed to be a trend? She was doing it years ago on the show and I hated it then too.

Overall though the production value is pretty good. I'm not sure I like the weird clippy zoom-in at the end of each episode though. I definitely don't like the strangely truncated opening theme.

Are they going to continue this series indefinitely? Are they going to jump to different protagonists in different places, like Theo in Africa, or keep it Chabby TV the entire time? I'm curious to know....

• Love 2
On 8/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

That would explain a lot is he sticking around though? I know Austin is a real estate agent now along with his wife Terri (she used to play Katie Peretti on ATWT) so I didn't think he'd go back to acting FT.

I've come across Terri twice as a host on QVC.  It was very odd seeing Katie Peretti selling jewelry at 6 a.m.  

I've only seen 2 episodes so far.  Love all the external Paris shots.  Not an Abby fan, but  I've always liked Chad.  Cannot say I was impressed with what I saw in those 2 episodes.  Abigail looked a hot mess and seemed too full of herself (as usual).  Missed Chad's interaction with all the Salem folks.   

• Love 1

The time has come for Peter Blake-DiMera to return . 

THEY should have used  the Chad /Abby mini series to reintroduce Peter by revealing  that he is in Paris enjoying his freedom after his prison release. Show Peter visiting Chad and Abby . plus with Peter encouraging Chad to go back to Salem to destroy Flop Stefan . which would then lead to Chad and Abby's return to Salem .Yes. Obviously Abby would be uncomfortable with her ex. step daddy in her presence when you consider Jack/Jennifer/Laura's history with Peter. 

Afterall ,Chad is Peter's brother and Abby is Peter's ex stepdaughter. It kinda makes sense for Peter to pay them a visit.

Instead of Austin Reed ,It would have been better if Chad and Abby ran into Peter instead

I suspect they will probably explain on the show whatever details apply. For example, if Abigail cheats on Chad with Austin, and he comes back to Salem by himself all angry, they'll just say what happened off-camera. Kind of like how they said Belle cheated on Shawn while they were off camera, before they returned to the show to get divorced.

• Love 1

I made a mistake of watching a couple episodes of this piece of shit. In the most recent Austin was coming onto Abigail and saying he always imagined if they’d been together. This nonsense had me both nauseated and cackling with laughter. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm holding onto hope that he's playing her. He has to be. It's too horrible to think he really wants her!

We know now that Juliet is working with/for someone to break up Chad and Abigail so I'm still hoping that Austin is working with her for some reason.

I'm actually curious to see who is at the door. After a rough start, I'm actually starting to like these even though I hate Chad and Abigail so very much.

• Love 2

I guess there's going to be more:

After a successful Chapter 1 launch, Chapter 2 of “Chad & Abby in Paris” is launching on the DOOL App this Thursday. Billy Flynn and Kate Mansi are back to star, and look for their alter egos to receive a surprise visitor from Salem that shakes things up, as well as the debut of Shawna Della-Ricca as Sylvie and Remington Hoffman as Li Shin, son of DiMera Enterprises’ Mr. Shin. There will be an eight-episode run, with a new episode posting every Thursday on the DOOL App. “Everyone enjoyed the experience so much that we decided that we would do a second series of eight,” reports Head Writer Ron Carlivati.

According to Jason47, this takes them up to Thursday, November 7.

• Useful 1

Chapter 2 of "Chad and Abby in Paris" will be featured this coming Thursday / and ever Thursday on the Dool App web series. It will be another eight episodes with some additional new characters. Ron said the series was so popular they decided to do another chapter.

2 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

I guess there's going to be more:

According to Jason47, this takes them up to Thursday, November 7.

Just posted the same thing. Sorry. 😄

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Great now another chapter of the saga of men being inexplicably in love Abby and trying to win her away from Chad. This time starting Mr Shin’s son and some new woman waving her hips at Chad. Gee I wonder what will happen. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1