Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, boes said:

Oh God.  Zach Tinker.  He was pretty awful on Y&R and I fully expect him to be even worse on DOOL.  His voice alone sounds like a chipmunk on meth.

Being possessed by the Devil would only work in this guy's favor.  

A lot of people on other boards are trashing the actor before he even airs so he must be really bad, yikes!

• Love 1

That's a drastically different reaction than Twitter talking about how he'll be so much better than Freddie etc. Granted I didn't watch him on Y&R so I can't comment either way. I don't think FS was the best actor but he had great chem with his TV parents as I enjoyed Sonny with his parents the most above all else. 

• Love 2

Freddie got weirdly plastic years ago. I welcome this recast if he can make me believe that anything Sonny is saying is spontaneous and from the heart.

And yeah - he's in good shape which makes me happy for Will 😄

You know what? I'm betting Lisa R pulled for Eilleen to be included. Didn't Billie show up right around Eileen's big 2012 return? Methinks they try to get the other included in their DOOL gigs if possible.

I wonder if Eileen will only return for ten seconds cause that's all of her they could afford 😁

Carrie and Austin are divorced/separated or something, so I wonder how that will play out. Remember - she boinked (or just kissed?) Rafe and he tried to bed Abigail in Paris.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's a drastically different reaction than Twitter talking about how he'll be so much better than Freddie etc. Granted I didn't watch him on Y&R so I can't comment either way. I don't think FS was the best actor but he had great chem with his TV parents as I enjoyed Sonny with his parents the most above all else. 

Twitter used to always talk smack about Freddie's weight and his dubious business practices and I could say more but it would be off-topic.. 

I thought he had awesome chemistry with his parents but the show has never cared about Sonny outside of Will.  The show never gave us more information about his life with his older brothers and parents in Texas.  Sonny like so many other characters on this show could be so much more but the show just does not give a damn to put some effort at developing characters and giving them meaty stories.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
On 8/3/2021 at 5:10 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't think Carrie/Austin are returning to Days as regulars. I think in their case they're supporting players who are visiting etc. Christie still lives in England and Austin works in real estate when he's not acting.

I could see Wilson but I would be surprised if the show had a fluid character and a gay couple on at the same time.

From my understanding, the digital series centers around Carrie as an NSI agent. It has something to do with jewels nd everybody on the digital show gets involved in the jewelry over a long weekend.

20 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, it is an app.  You need a smart TV or a device like Roku, Firestick, or Chromecast.  It's pretty easy to set up.  There are 3 tiers of service - free with some ads, (the ads aren't terrible -FAR less than you would have to sit through if you watch live) premium with ads but additional content and premium without ads.  They currently offer DOOL on the free tier but I don't know what they'll do about the digital series.  They tend to let you watch some episodes of their original content for free but then you have to subscribe to watch the rest of them (I think they're hoping you'll be hooked enough on the series to pay to subscribe.)

You can watch it on a laptop/PC on peacock.com

13 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Searched the Peacock app for the show. It is not showing, has anyone been able to set this to record or put it in their favorites or whatever because I’m just coming up with original  days of our lives, not this new limited show. 

It doesn't start till September.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

A lot of people on other boards are trashing the actor before he even airs so he must be really bad, yikes!

A lot of people on other boards are trashing him because he isn't Freddie Smith, and they have no idea how good of an actor he is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, boes said:

Oh God.  Zach Tinker.  He was pretty awful on Y&R and I fully expect him to be even worse on DOOL.  His voice alone sounds like a chipmunk on meth.

Being possessed by the Devil would only work in this guy's favor.  

It doesn't hurt Zach Tinker that he's the grandson of t.v. mogul Grant Tinker, who helped to launch the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda, Lou Grant, Hill Street Blues, and St. Elsewhere.

His father John wrote for St. Elsewhere which his brother Mark produced with Bruce Paltrow, another bit of T.V. royalty.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RedElf said:

From my understanding, the digital series centers around Carrie as an NSI agent. It has something to do with jewels nd everybody on the digital show gets involved in the jewelry over a long weekend.

You can watch it on a laptop/PC on peacock.com

It doesn't start till September.

The show is actually centered around Lisa Rinna's Billie. As an ISA agent she is on a case regarding jewelry. My understanding is that Billie is the recurring character thru all 5 episodes with the characters from Salem interacting with her in the different locations. I'm guessing each episode will feature a different group of Salemites. 

Also Carrie and Austin are actually back together Roman informed us when he returned from visiting them and Noah. 

I actually don't think that Eileen is playing Kristen. All the articles I saw conveniently don't mention Kristen at all. All the other announcements proudly declare the return of said actors and their characters except for Eileen. My first guess was Susan or a Banks sibling but then thought they have Stacy already at Days for any of those roles. My guess is she is playing a totally new character or there is some sort of "plot twist" to having her there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

For us in Canada, according to thetvwatercooler.com, Corus (W Network and others) has not reached an agreement to air the digital series. The article lists a number of ways to contact TPTB to ask that Corus pick up the show. When I get on my Mac I’ll try to get the link and post it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It doesn't hurt Zach Tinker that he's the grandson of t.v. mogul Grant Tinker, who helped to launch the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda, Lou Grant, Hill Street Blues, and St. Elsewhere.

His father John wrote for St. Elsewhere which his brother Mark produced with Bruce Paltrow, another bit of T.V. royalty.

If I had those connections I would hope I could do better then a digital series 

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

When did Roman say this? I totally missed it....

The scenes when Roman found out about Allie's rape. Roman returned back in Salem, Kayla greeted him and said she was happy to hear that Austin and Carrie had got back together, Roman confirmed it was great news and he had a great time visiting with them and Noah. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

The show is actually centered around Lisa Rinna's Billie. As an ISA agent

Yeah, you're right, I misspoke.

6 hours ago, FrankOFoley said:

For us in Canada, according to thetvwatercooler.com, Corus (W Network and others) has not reached an agreement to air the digital series. The article lists a number of ways to contact TPTB to ask that Corus pick up the show. When I get on my Mac I’ll try to get the link and post it.

Can you watch Peacock?

19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

He's the grandson of Grant Tinker, legendary tv producer and directer, responsible for many legendary tv shows in the 60's and 70's.  His step grandmother was Mary Tyler Moore, who was married to Grant Tinker for a while.  His dad has spent his life as a writer and producer as well.  

IMO, the guy just wasn't very good and I couldn't help but wonder if he got his job because of who he was related to.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

There’s plenty of bad actors who don’t have famous grandparents though. Like, look at RSW lol.

True.  RSW had abs, though.  Tinker had gramps.  

• LOL 6
17 hours ago, JBC344 said:

.....I actually don't think that Eileen is playing Kristen. All the articles I saw conveniently don't mention Kristen at all. All the other announcements proudly declare the return of said actors and their characters except for Eileen. My first guess was Susan or a Banks sibling .....

The way that she was glammed up..... could it be Penelope?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

The scenes when Roman found out about Allie's rape. Roman returned back in Salem, Kayla greeted him and said she was happy to hear that Austin and Carrie had got back together, Roman confirmed it was great news and he had a great time visiting with them and Noah. 

Thanks! I wasn't watching then, clearly...

Funny how huge plot points are resolved in throwaway dialogue on this show: John's heritage, Carrie and Austin's breakup, etc...

• Love 2

Supposedly Leo is coming back for the Phoenix segment where Chad visits Will and Sonny.

They've also cast someone as Sebastian Alamain.

And they're shooting promo shots of the cast, including Eileen who looks gorgeous.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

The way that she was glammed up..... could it be Penelope?

Could be. What is confusing is that there has been no announcement about Stacey leaving so presumably she is still with the show meaning there would be no reason to go after Eileen for Kristen/Susan/Banks siblings. That's what leads me to believe she is playing a different possibly new character. Or like I mentioned above there will be some sort of twist if she is playing an existing character we know. 

Unless she is playing Billie's partner she will most likely be in only one episode like the rest of the recurring cast. Seems like a lot of energy to get Eileen to come do what is essentially a cameo unless they have something interesting planned. We will see. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, boes said:

He's the grandson of Grant Tinker, legendary tv producer and directer, responsible for many legendary tv shows in the 60's and 70's.  His step grandmother was Mary Tyler Moore, who was married to Grant Tinker for a while.  His dad has spent his life as a writer and producer as well.  

IMO, the guy just wasn't very good and I couldn't help but wonder if he got his job because of who he was related to.  

Wellp! Never heard of the guy but damnnnnn..he’s got some connections. Being the bitch I can be,  which I’ll fully admit, says …yep, he’s full on using his relations to get the jobs …ummm , dare I say better, or more deserving actors may have been better for it! 
I’m saying this, without even knowing his acting ability…but because of an upthread comment on this Tinker kid sounding like a chipmunk on meth ….lol, I don’t have the patience to look him up. A screeching headache is the last thing I’m wanting for my selfish bitchy-ness! 
On a side note..loved St Elsewhere !!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Who the hell is Sebastian Alamain?! I don't recall one with that name.

Probably another long-lost son for Vivian. 

More realistically, Nicholas was a few years older than Shawn, so he could have a son in his 20s going by Claire's SORAS.

• Love 4

The Stacy H fans are losing it on twitter cause Eileen is confirmed to be playing Kristen. They are furious because it is Stacy's iconic role or something

1. Who did they think she was gonna play?

2. Eileen MIGHT be able to salvage Kristen from the travesty she has become

3. Don't watch it if it bothers you then it didn't happen geez

• Love 5

In all fairness, Eileen could barely make the Italian castle storyline work.

If the writing is cartoonishly bad, she does what she can.

....which is plenty, but....

Heck, I'll watch her on mute if I have to just to block the stinky story out 😁

• Love 3
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The Stacy H fans are losing it on twitter cause Eileen is confirmed to be playing Kristen. They are furious because it is Stacy's iconic role or something

I have to admit I expected her to play someone else since they seem rather fixated on SH in the role(I also wouldn't be surprised that in the TV version of the show SH will be Kristen but for this webseries its Eileen since she's a bigger star.)

That being said while I like Days expanding its brand if they want to do a Beyond Salem miniseries I hope they focus on characters that actually aren't part of the main show anymore and we know what happens with them.

Like I'm surprised they don't have one for Africa since that's where they send a bunch of characters on this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm surprised they don't have one for Africa since that's where they send a bunch of characters on this show

YUP. 

But seriously....could you imagine how they would depict life in Africa to justify Eric/Theo/Claire/Celeste/Brandon/etc all having to stay there to "save" people? It.....probably wouldn't be good.

There are other places outside Salem, though, that they could focus on with less of a risk of offending people. Carrie and Austin's lives with their son, for instance.

But yeah, I do think they owe us some kind of Africa storyline after shipping so many leads over there.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

YUP. 

But seriously....could you imagine how they would depict life in Africa to justify Eric/Theo/Claire/Celeste/Brandon/etc all having to stay there to "save" people? It.....probably wouldn't be good.

There are other places outside Salem, though, that they could focus on with less of a risk of offending people. Carrie and Austin's lives with their son, for instance.

But yeah, I do think they owe us some kind of Africa storyline after shipping so many leads over there.

Yes that part is true maybe they could send them to another place in the US like Los Angeles. I mean at one point that's where a lot of characters were. Kim, Kayla, Stephanie etc.

• Love 1
On 8/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, brisbydog said:

I’m sorry wait…wasn’t Eileen the original Kristen/Susan? Or did what’s her face play her first? Very confused about that. 
Eileen Davidson IS the one that made Kristen a viable, watchable character!

• Love 3
On 8/19/2021 at 12:41 PM, DisneyBoy said:

In all fairness, Eileen could barely make the Italian castle storyline work.

If the writing is cartoonishly bad, she does what she can.

....which is plenty, but....

Heck, I'll watch her on mute if I have to just to block the stinky story out 😁

I will to. Damn she is just so beautiful and really , seriously a great actress. She can go from villain to since at the drop of a dime!

I don’t know the Italian castle storyline, tho, intriguingly want to watch it now!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I will to. Damn she is just so beautiful and really , seriously a great actress. She can go from villain to since at the drop of a dime!

I don’t know the Italian castle storyline, tho, intriguingly want to watch it now!

I'm sure they'll probably flash back to it in the original series but I wished they ended the Kristen character when she fell out that window and "died". It wasn't a good storyline but strangely it is better in hindsight compared to what came afterwards.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm sure they'll probably flash back to it in the original series but I wished they ended the Kristen character when she fell out that window and "died". It wasn't a good storyline but strangely it is better in hindsight compared to what came afterwards.

Kristen is played out just like Stefano was for years but this show is just obsessed with the Dimera family.  Once Stefano became a regular citizen living comfortably in Salem with his many victims, he was done in my opinion..

I remember people on here going after Hope for killing that evil bastard.  Hope did Salem a favor for taking out the trash.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Thanks San Diego!

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I kind of wonder why they haven't brought back Sexy Billie...I forget the actress' name but you know who I mean. The Red Hot Momma. Was she not well-liked..?

You're not talking about Lisa Rinna, are you? If so, she's no longer sexy...and definitely not hot. Regardless, Rinna is a HoWife of Beverly Hills. And for the record, not liked at all! In fact, bordering on hate due to her confrontation attitude, and a lying, hypocritical personality.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I kind of wonder why they haven't brought back Sexy Billie...I forget the actress' name but you know who I mean. The Red Hot Momma. Was she not well-liked..?

I believe you're referring to Krista Allen, a.k.a. villainous Billie, who tried to frame Hope for the death of her spawn and carried the dead baby in a suitcase. (Only to be retconned with Swamp Child Chelsea because James Reilly had to try to make Billie/Bo "equal" to Bo/Hope with a kid, etc.)

I have hated every incarnation of Billie, but even I know that version really portrayed her as a cardboard villain. So I can see why TPTB may want to forget about Krista Allen/that part of Billie's life.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

No problem Chell :) Happy to recap.

That's the thing with Eileen's returns...it was always dininshing returns because of the writing. 2012/2013 was the best we got but not perfect (Kristen raping Eric for nothing was vile), then 2014 got weird (embryo snatching? Kristen and Daniel??) and 2015 got even weirder (the Telenovella Italian Castle story). Eileen always brings it...but the writing lost the subtlety big time.

I really hope this return is worthy of her talents.

Yes to all of this. Hope just hiding the murder and scapegoating Andre was lame. If her compromising her morals was the angle they wanted to pursue, they could have shown her crossing more and more lines at work and just melting down from losing Bo, losing and getting attacked by Aiden, Ciara's rape, etc. Instead...we were supposed to root for Rafe trying to date her? Huh?

Them rolling Stefano up in a rug and kicking him was disgusting.

There should have been joy in Stefano's final bow. Joe brought us such joy.

And Roman should have been in Prague with Marlena...NOT RAFE!

...I'm clearly not over it still.

WTH!! Ciara was also raped? I just cannot keep up.

and yes..bring back a bad ass sexy Billie! Please! Idc who the f it is..except Lisa R may not be it..those inflated lips she promised to tone down are back!

like her much better on the RHW

5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I believe you're referring to Krista Allen

Yes, indeed!! That’s the one!! Bring her on show, please

I'd like to remind you that this thread is for the discussion of the digital series only.  Discussion of past DOOL plots belongs in the thread for discussion of past stories.  Some posts have been moved there.

And remember, any discussion about the digital series should stay here.  

• Love 1