Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

At least with the digital series you can choose to not watch it if you don't like the people on it. As opposed to Days where yes you could not watch but there are other characters you care about as well...

I think the production values of the digital series look way better than the actual show.. I don't get how that's the case that being said I do wish they did this for other characters... (I hope they will at some point)

• Love 1
On 9/12/2019 at 6:28 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I'm holding onto hope that he's playing her. He has to be. It's too horrible to think he really wants her!

We know now that Juliet is working with/for someone to break up Chad and Abigail so I'm still hoping that Austin is working with her for some reason.

I'm actually curious to see who is at the door. After a rough start, I'm actually starting to like these even though I hate Chad and Abigail so very much.

Yeah I'm curious too...

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Kate Mansi's emotional reaction after her character kissed Austin kind of worked for me. I don't know what she was thinking, mind you...probably that Abigail is some virginal Saint (remember all those delusional interviews she gave back in the day about Abigail and EJ and how they had this great love?)...but it kind of read, at least for me, as though Abigail was flashing back to the look on Chad's face when he walked in on her and Stefan in bed together. Of course the wrap up to that whole multiple personalities storyline was so poorly handled, I'm not entirely clear on whether or not Abigail remembers the stuff she previously did as her alter-ego. In any case, I kind of imagined that Abigail was flashing back to that and remembering how badly it hurt Chad to see her in bed with another man and how he nearly beat Stefan to death. I'm guessing that was enough to make her turn away from Austin. At least that's how I'm choosing to read that scene.

I'm totally team Juliette. Damn that girl is hot! I don't think Billy Flynn had to act too hard to sell Chad's level of desire in that scene. If Mr Shin's son is the one she's scheming with, maybe the plan is to break Chad and Abigail up to keep them from having any power in the DiMera company. Which makes plenty of business sense to me, considering Chad hardly has any time to run the company with his wife cheating on him and acting crazy.

I'm just hoping that Juliette was working with Austin all along, or at the very least that they leave the door open to the idea of Austin having attempted play Abigail. To think that he's actually attracted to her gross ass is disappointing on so many levels.

Any guesses as to who is behind the door? I was thinking maybe Lucas, since he knows Chad is close with Kate and might want to tell him that she's in the hospital. But then again all eight of these first episodes took place over a day and a half, and the first episode was directly tied into what was happening on Days the week of the launch, so I don't think we've caught up to what's actually happening now on the show.

I have a timeline headache.

In any case, who could it be? Theo? Roman? Adrienne? Jack maybe?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

I hate how they're writing pretty much every member of that family as wanting to be CEO. Back in the day, certain characters had business expertise and others didn't. It wasn't like all of the kids were thinking they had the skills needed to run a corporation just because of their last name.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hate how they're writing pretty much every member of that family as wanting to be CEO. Back in the day, certain characters had business expertise and others didn't. It wasn't like all of the kids were thinking they had the skills needed to run a corporation just because of their last name.

Plus Dimera Enterprises wasn't really a focal point for this family in the first place as opposed to Newman Enterprises and Jabot was on Y&R.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Sidney said:

I see Abigail still have her violent streak. In this last web series, she punched the woman who druuged tried to seduce Chad in the face. 

Some things never change.🙄 😄

I'm just glad she's being proactive about it I'll take it over her crying about it and then assuming that Chad cheated on her which is what the TV version of the show would've done.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

If you enjoyed the Last Blast crew, the digital series will continue with a feature on them:

I don't think there's anything spoilery in this tweet, though there may be in the S O D story in the link, but please let me know if I need to edit this post @Door County Cherry

I'm surprisingly excited for this. Although I'm reserving judgement on the recasts. If they couldn't of gotten all the original actors back I would of rather them brought Rex back for this and recast Cassie.

Really looking forward to this. 

• Love 1

Now this sounds cool. Much better than Austin macking on Abigail.

I'm guessing Philip is the big surprise return...? He was part of the Last Blast cast, right?

Wasn't Brady in there too? Or...no?

Ages on this show 😁

• Love 2

Ugh

Just read somewhere that the show is doing another digital series which revolves around the Last Blsst gang and surprise surprise ,Jan Spears will be there as well . She must hold somekind of world record for being in a coma for nearly 15 years .

Carlivati better not forget that Jan comes from a wealthy family.  It was implied that Jan killed them when they forbade her from contacting Shawn. 

Jan ended up inheriting their millions and buying a house right outside salem to use as her love den complete with the steel cage of love. 

For some bizarre reason ,I have always envisioned Jan Spears hooking up with Peter Blake -DiMera . Why not ? Jan is wealthy .  . Her wealth would prove beneficial for the DiMeras . 

Imagine Jan (being Peter's wife ), Ava Vitale ( being Andre's wife ) ,Abby (being Chad's wife ) and Sami ( being EJ's wife ) Sitting on the same table having DiMera all-you -can -eat buffet. 

It will be a hOuse of madness with these women living under the same roof. 

Anyway , I wish the Digital  series was helmed by Tom Langan and Susan Sussman Morinna. 

Ron will mess It up. I got no faith in Ron. 

• Love 2
On 11/21/2019 at 1:39 AM, JBC344 said:

I'm surprisingly excited for this. Although I'm reserving judgement on the recasts. If they couldn't of gotten all the original actors back I would of rather them brought Rex back for this and recast Cassie.

Really looking forward to this. 

Alexis Thorpe has indicated that she is willing to reprise the role of Cassie Brady. 

• Love 2

Has anyone watched the first episode of the Last Blast reunion yet? Everyone and everything looked fabulous and it’s set up for some good soapy messiness. I definitely enjoyed it - particularly the ending. I didn’t think it was possible but JKJ may have gotten even better with age. It made me realise that they need him back in Salem as a leading man.

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 3

Who's that playing Mimi?

This series has more sets than the real show does.  But it was odd that they kind of lingered over the ESPN Zone location in Manhattan, since that's an ABC promotion.

Is that Robert Benvenisti playing Kevin?  He kind of skimmed over his part in getting Chloe's shower pictures.

I'm finally catching up on the second season of Chabby in Paris, and I have to repeat that I really like Juliette. She's being written pretty one-dimensionally, but I think the actress has some potential and she certainly has presence. Hope she eventually comes to Salem. It's also nice that they found an actress who is actually French (not sure the blonde is though). What's the blond sidekick the one that Juliet was talking to you on the phone at the end of the first season, or was that supposed to be Li Shin?

I really liked the guy playing Li - good casting.

"If you push me I'll bury you...and you should know that you wouldn't be the first person I've put into the ground." Well now...!!  Are we honestly supposed to be rooting for the girl who is now bragging about accidentally murdering Andre and getting away with it? What a psycho. There was really no need for her to go that far considering Chad turned Juliette down and then came home and told her all about it. How insecure is she?

You guys weren't kidding about Tony's haircut. It looks very different from how it was when he was in Salem - much shorter.

Does the timeline work for these webisodes with regards to the timing of the events in Salem? I feel like in the first series of eight, they were referencing Jack not having his memory back and now in these they reference and Kate being in a coma and Andre being exonerated, and it seems like those plotlines played out over the course of a lot longer than just a few days...yet here from the start of the digital series to the second "season", it seems like only two or three days have passed. I'd like to think it makes sense, but something tells me it doesn't.

Edit:

Okay so I'm finishing up the second season and wow, I did not expect Ron to pull out a #MeToo twist. I don't know why he keeps bringing up these social issues if he constantly seems to invalidate them with his twists. JJ the white cop shoots black Theo, but it's okay because JJ's a nice guy and never uttered the single racist word and, for the first time in his life, Theo has broken into a building and is technically guilty of breaking the law so... Black Lives Matter but sometimes white cops shoot black people for the right reason. Is that the message I'm supposed to be getting? And now we have Juliette pulling an Abigail on Chad - not that the show is acknowledging that Abigail pulled the exact same fucking thing on Austin years ago - and making it look like Chad forced her to take inappropriate photos of herself and slapped her around because...sometimes these #MeToo dames are just disgruntled that their male colleagues in position positions of power refuse to sleep with them, so they fabricate elaborate stories to discredit them in the eyes of the public by accusing them of being harassers and rapists? Is that what I'm supposed to be getting from this? Because they didn't have to name drop the #MeToo movement. They totally could have left that out. But Ron chose to, so am I supposed to be applauding him for being up with current events, or taking this as his commentary on women's true motivation for painting themselves as victims of sexual harassment?

Siiiiiigh.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Not sure about the exact thing Abigail let Austin think they had sex but she never claimed he tried to abuse his position as a professor etc with her. However I hate that it was glossed over then again this is the same show that glossed over Sami raping Austin... I don't mind the twists (sometimes things aren't black and white) its just that they lack nuance and only show one side of things...

This show treats Austin as this nice guy loser with no dignity and its truly terrible.

• Love 1

I finally caught up with this. Phillip and Belle's reactions to find Chloe stabbed and dead cracked me up. They barely seemed to care lol. I'm thinking maybe it's a fake out in some way. I hope so at least; I really like Chloe.

I have never seen much of this version of Shawn, only his recent brief appearances of the show and now this. I like him a lot.

Do we think the one woman's (I forget her name lol) migraines mean anything or was it just a way to explain her not being in any more eps?

I wonder why Mimi was throwing herself at Philip instead of saving herself for Rex. It was funny watching the flashbacks with Kristen Storms as Mimi and Show doesn't even comment.

I wonder if Belle or Shawn made any jaunts over to see their daughter in the mental hospital during their brief trip to New York.

Do people just walk into the Wesley house without knocking? I wonder where Parker was.

Belle and Philip take time out from grieving for Chloe by having sex. And I knew Shawn and Mimi were going to do it.

Why are they killing off all of these legacy characters/

The flashbacks showed just how rinky dink the sets have become.

• Love 2
On 12/28/2019 at 7:57 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Wow the budget is nonexistent if Eric's apartment is also where Craig/Nancy live.

I think we’ve seen that same apartment in Salem, Chicago, Nashville and New York.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So Shawn and Belle are no longer together (again), hmm? I never bought them as one of those "fated" couples, anyway. As if Claire isn't screwed up enough. Now she can perhaps find out her mother is sleeping with her (Claire's) great uncle! (I know, it's a soap. But let us remember that Phillip is Bo and Isabella's half brother, even if he never grew up with them, being so much younger, and making Phillip Shawn's [half-] uncle.)

And Shawn, Mimi?! REALLY?! You can do SO much better, dude.

• Love 1

Shawn and Belle are still together it's just that Belle decided to fuck Phillip after they found Chloe murdered and then, presumably because they didn't actually show it, Shawn went and fucked Mimi and then Mimi was murdered.

I really liked MM as Belle last time she showed up on Days (which is, I believe, the only time I've see her as Belle) and I remember loving JKJ's Phillip back in the day but fucking hell both of their acting in this is embarrassingly bad. Like it's really cringe. Kind of hilarious though.

On the other hand, I've been impressed by the acting from the Shawn actor and the Mimi actress.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So Shawn and Belle are no longer together (again), hmm? I never bought them as one of those "fated" couples, anyway. As if Claire isn't screwed up enough. Now she can perhaps find out her mother is sleeping with her (Claire's) great uncle! (I know, it's a soap. But let us remember that Phillip is Bo and Isabella's half brother, even if he never grew up with them, being so much younger, and making Phillip Shawn's [half-] uncle.)

And Shawn, Mimi?! REALLY?! You can do SO much better, dude.

They worked as teens but as adults I felt Belle was too ambitious for Shawn.

You also forgot at one point Phillip thought Claire was his kid.

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They worked as teens but as adults I felt Belle was too ambitious for Shawn.

You also forgot at one point Phillip thought Claire was his kid.

Also Claire was around the last time Belle and Philip (JPL version) hooked up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Also Claire was around the last time Belle and Philip (JPL version) hooked up.

See, I try to forget both the JPL version and that Kyle What's-His-Face version of Phillip! As you can see, I was pretty successful at it!

• LOL 3
On 12/27/2019 at 1:48 AM, Silver Raven said:

I wonder why Mimi was throwing herself at Philip instead of saving herself for Rex. It was funny watching the flashbacks with Kristen Storms as Mimi and Show doesn't even comment.

I wonder if Belle or Shawn made any jaunts over to see their daughter in the mental hospital during their brief trip to New York.

Do people just walk into the Wesley house without knocking? I wonder where Parker was.

Belle and Philip take time out from grieving for Chloe by having sex. And I knew Shawn and Mimi were going to do it.

Why are they killing off all of these legacy characters/

The flashbacks showed just how rinky dink the sets have become.

Kirsten Storms played Belle.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2020 at 6:45 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like this has to be some kind of dream or something. I don't see them killing off Phillip and Belle on a web series like this.

Or Chloe especially!!!! Even with her breaks she has been the most consistent "Last Blaster" on canvas. Now I can see killing Mimi, as a way to bring Rex and/or Bonnie back to the canvas. 

• Love 2

Thank goodness it was a fake out - too many good legacy characters to waste.

I am loving that they are using the flashbacks, even though the actors have changed. It’s fun to see the original stories again. And I personally feel more respected as a long term viewer to see flashbacks with different actors rather than being subjected to crappy recreated flashbacks like we were given on the main show a couple of times in recent years when actors changed. I hope they consider carrying that through to DOOL itself

• Love 5

I just binged the Last Blast series...and oddly, in a way I kind of preferred the stuff with Chad and Abigail if only because that was more linear storytelling. I got no joy out of seeing so many characters stabbed to death and other characters crying and having grief sex. And ultimately it was all a fantasy sequence so in reality this series really amounts to about three episodes worth of actual story.

I was so looking forward to seeing the real Phillip return, but boy was his acting a let down. Him talking about hooking back up with Chloe felt kind of smarmy and insincere. And his grief over her loss and how that led into the grief sex with Belle, well that just made no sense. The actor wasn't even trying to make that seem real.

I also think that by showing him hook up with Belle again, even as a fantasy sequence, they kind-of burned through one of the major storylines they could have had with him back on the show. I know the last time we saw Phillip he was involved with Belle, so I wasn't exactly hoping that they would revisit all of that again for the umpteenth time, but hopefully you get what I mean. I just think that this digital series is best suited to smaller character beats and subtle arcs/challenges. They can't do a big sprawling story in eight 10 minutes episodes. If you're going to have characters potentially get back together or cheat on their spouses, give it the time it deserves. In this case it was all make-believe, but even seeing Shawn have to go through watching Belle cheat on him again made me feel badly. It's like the only thing that they ever do with Belle and Shawn is have her cheat on him. Poor guy. Hopefully if this trio does come back to the main show for an extended visit, it won't be with an infidelity story because I'm sick of those.

Similarly, I thought it was a bit of a waste to have Jan Spears come back and be crazy for 15 minutes. This could have easily been two or three weeks of story on the actual show.

I didn't mind the recast Mimi though. Truthfully, I didn't really know half of these characters before watching this series, so the recasts didn't bother me. If they want to continue with this Mimi moving forward, I wouldn't mind that because the one that came back with Kyle's Rex was kind of weird, even though I know it was the actress that played her years ago. This new one looks similar enough to the old one.

The flashbacks were honestly my favourite part, aside from the montage of them drinking and taking selfies and dancing and arm wrestling at the actual reunion. It was also nice to see Craig and Nancy. But they didn't really get much good material.

....think this will win an Emmy?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I was so looking forward to seeing the real Phillip return, but boy was his acting a let down. Him talking about hooking back up with Chloe felt kind of smarmy and insincere. And his grief over her loss and how that led into the grief sex with Belle, well that just made no sense. The actor wasn't even trying to make that seem real.

He was actively terrible. He just really seemed like he didn't wanna be there.

I didn't mind the recast Mimi though.

I thought her and Shawn were the only ones whose acting was good in this. I actually really liked her and I would like to see her on the actual show.

10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder why nbc,com has "Chad and Abby in Paris" on their website, but not "The Last Blast Crew".

They also put the Chad and Abby one on youtube and I don't think they did with the Last Blast one. 

23 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Similarly, I thought it was a bit of a waste to have Jan Spears come back and be crazy for 15 minutes. This could have easily been two or three weeks of story on the actual show.

Ha, if that was a waste, they had the actor who played Jason do fuck-all but walk in the door in the last episode and tackle Jan. Dude was on-screen for all of two minutes.

Was that even the same actor?

What about that Kevin guy? He looked completely different in the flashbacks, face wise.

I really like MM as Belle now. And I agree that she's just too ambitious for Shawn. Shawn reminds me of Roman. Kinda meh.

Was anyone else weirded out by Belle sexing up Shawn just after he was almost raped...? While he's still tied to the bed and wearing baseball pants? ☹️ Not the moment, Belle.

I had to side-eyeing super cop Shawn not being able to wiggle his foot to the side of the bed to get at his cell, even though the restraints totally would have allowed it.

And why would Jan tell them there's a bomb? Dumb.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Was that even the same actor?

What about that Kevin guy? He looked completely different in the flashbacks, face wise.

Yup, it was the same actor who played Jason from back in the day. I recognized him, but he also confirmed it in the cast wrap-up videos. That's why I was surprised they had him come back just for that tiny-ass part, but maybe there was other incentive. As for Kevin, he was a recast like Mimi.