Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

On 9/10/2021 at 6:14 AM, Chellfairy said:

Drake’s best skill used to be that one eyebrow up look. Don’t know if it’s the Botox, but haven’t seen that in ages. Miss that.

Love and family! I remember.

Days can’t, or won’t, do it anymore.

John/Drake's tics are the eyebrow, the "kid", the "that's a fact" and the gruff whisper.

I vastly prefer seeing him in happy family man mode.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Woah...Nic stalked Melanie?

Dude had issues.

Well he didn't start out that way he was the nerdy guy involved with Chelsea but had a fling with Billie(he didn't know she was Chelsea's mom).  Then he became fixated on Melanie who the show forced upon the audience. 

Anyways he was also raped in prison I believe which would wreck anyone.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well he didn't start out that way he was the nerdy guy involved with Chelsea but had a fling with Billie(he didn't know she was Chelsea's mom).  Then he became fixated on Melanie who the show forced upon the audience. 

Anyways he was also raped in prison I believe which would wreck anyone.

As a Nick fan it was tragic to see how the show assassinated his character for a no nothing character like Melanie.  Nick made swamp thing tolerable... 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

As a Nick fan it was tragic to see how the show assassinated his character for a no nothing character like Melanie.  Nick made swamp thing tolerable... 

NOTHING made Swamp Thing tolerable. She was DEAD-DEAD on screen upon birth. Should have remained that way.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I thought the original Nick and Chelsea story was just wonderful. He wasn’t a quintessential soap action hero, but despite his academic brilliance he wasn’t a caricature either. He had a very appealing confidence that he was loved despite his quirks, he was always there to save/help someone else, and he had a strict moral code… that was frequently tripped up by his obsessive tendencies. When Chelsea stopped chasing older men with six-pack abs and fell for a man like Nick, it showed how much she had grown from the brat who killed her brother (not on purpose, but she shouldn’t have been driving on a suspended license while texting!). She started to become a crusader in her own right as well as someone who could look beyond the obvious. And their periodic Jimmy Neutron references were adorable.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

I thought the original Nick and Chelsea story was just wonderful. He wasn’t a quintessential soap action hero, but despite his academic brilliance he wasn’t a caricature either. He had a very appealing confidence that he was loved despite his quirks, he was always there to save/help someone else, and he had a strict moral code… that was frequently tripped up by his obsessive tendencies. When Chelsea stopped chasing older men with six-pack abs and fell for a man like Nick, it showed how much she had grown from the brat who killed her brother (not on purpose, but she shouldn’t have been driving on a suspended license while texting!). She started to become a crusader in her own right as well as someone who could look beyond the obvious. And their periodic Jimmy Neutron references were adorable.

I thought that Nick was the best character from the Hogan Sheffer era of the show.  Hogan actually made an effort in creating a flawed unique character who was also a legacy character.. It is too bad he was trashed by subsequent writing teams for plot-driven reasons..  Unfortunately, This has become the norm for soap writers. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

NOTHING made Swamp Thing tolerable. She was DEAD-DEAD on screen upon birth. Should have remained that way.

Yeah I mean Billie sent her corpse to Hope and well that whole thing was negated with Chelsea's resurrection. I find it funny that she wasn't brought up in the Digital Series since Billie ran into Cin.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2021 at 9:19 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Will only kinda-sorta participated in gay culture at the outset of his coming out story - and even then not so much

That's kinds weird when Will was still in the process of coming out and he had to reveal that the reason he couldn't have "killed" Stefano was because he was at a gay club.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, RedElf said:

That's kinds weird when Will was still in the process of coming out and he had to reveal that the reason he couldn't have "killed" Stefano was because he was at a gay club.

Will has never explored his sexuality and gay culture. He does not even have gay friends. I always thought that it was a missed  opportunity in  not giving him friends.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

You make a good point, but I missed those events and never saw if they even showed Will at a gay club or just talked about it.

Pearson I agree wholeheartedly. Will met Sonny's gay pals way back at the outset of his Coming Out storyline...but they vanished pretty darn quick.

You'd think Wil and Sonny would seek out new friends after moving to Arizona. Why not at a gay club?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I missed those events and never saw if they even showed Will at a gay club or just talked about it.

They just talked about it after the fact, they were leaving us to figure out if he had an alibi or not.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FrankOFoley said:

It wasn’t-ahem-well advertised.

Wasn’t advertised at all. Global owns W network. Not hard to out some text starting Wednesday before Thanksgiving on the show to let viewers know. I was wondering when it was going to air so I looked it up and saw it aired on Thanksgiving. Arggh.

Watched the first three episodes this evening on-demand.

Nice to see Shane Donovan again.

The stock footage looked bad and I didn't like the jazz music used in the intro credits.

Why would Paulina want to leave her gorgeous mansion in Miami to move to..... Salem? Well, the exterior looked really good.

No idea who the drag queen was. The tango in the street seemed random. Maybe I am missing something there too.

Ciara - WTF was she wearing? Wearing that red oversized spandex tank top in public? I can see it for a nightclub or maybe hitting up Bourbon Street for dinner and nightlife, but...but....but.... how did she sit in it without giving everyone around her a show? It's not sexy. Trashy and sleazy. A couple, well, make that 4 or 5 inches in length added to it would have been sexy. No idea how she walks or if she would get some sort of infection. I should be grateful that it covered her tush.

I liked Anna's silver sparkly jacket.

Anna spent 500,000 Euros on that necklace as a surprise from Austin? Uh, does he have that kind of money?

The Leo/Sonny/Will shower scene was supposed to be edgy? They all fit in it?

Nice of Sister Mary Moira to just conveniently drop by. Must be something in the Zurich water.

Also hard to believe that Paulina would be friends with 'Michelle'.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The tango in the street seemed random. Maybe I am missing something there too.

Because Ciara and Ben needed to learn to do the tango.  Don't you know that all rich people live in the 1920's?  If they are not waltzing at their parties (a la Princess Gina) they are all doing the tango.  Rich people do not listen to popular music or do modern dances.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

One does not do the Time Warp, er, tango, by watching people do it.  It takes time and practice. Like Last Tango in New Orleans.  One does not do the splits if one does not have any gymnastic or major dance skills.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Nice of Sister Mary Moira to just conveniently drop by. Must be something in the Zurich water.

It was lucky for Kristen that Anna knew so little about SMM - having not been in town during 97/98 - that she could impersonate her easily.

SMM never really got an exit story from Salem from what I remember of 98. Susan escaped with Edmund and EJ, sissy Penelope stayed dead in the cemetery and SMM, who had been living in the Salem convent, just...stopped talking to eveyone and popping up?

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Because Ciara and Ben needed to learn to do the tango.  Don't you know that all rich people live in the 1920's?  If they are not waltzing at their parties (a la Princess Gina) they are all doing the tango.  Rich people do not listen to popular music or do modern dances.

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
49 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Austin is a forensic accountant I could believe he could make that type of money plus I don't know what the Cost of Living is in Switzerland.

To casually drop over 500,000 Euros you would have to be a millionaire several times over.  Austin would NOT make that kind of money as a forensic accountant.

• Love 3

I just finished it all and enjoyed it much more than the regular episodes. Enjoyed seeing all the characters we don't normally see. Carrie, Billie, Austin, ED's Kristen, Will.

If Billie knew how to find Kristen so quick why didn't anyone go straight there to find her?

I also wondered how Austin could afford that necklace, there's no way with his job and not being a Dimera/Kiriakas. John could afford it without ISA funding it, Tony also could. Austin could not.

Paulina left that house and Miami for Salem? That house was definitely the Dimera living room set.

• Love 1

I too finished watching it this evening.

The whole weaponization of the Peacock was a stretch. As was the two Donovan twins.

Never noticed the writing tattoo on Ben's back. No idea what it said. Wonder if it was a temporary one for the series.

I couldn't imagine Paulina and Michelle Obama hitting it off so well that she would give her an expensive orange diamond ring.

Leo was right about Sonny and Will being boring and married and not having any fun. Chad looked good as a drag queen.

Ciara and Ben were not told what sort of party they would be attending? I was expecting champagne and good expensive food. Too bad Ben was outed at not being Austin Reed. Too bad also that those two rich folks didn't realize that the amethyst was missing.

So what happens to the necklace that Anna bought for Austin? Will another sapphire or tanzanite be added to it or will the ISA buy it from the auction house?

Too bad we didn't get the first glimpse of Marlena's possession at the end.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Never noticed the writing tattoo on Ben's back. No idea what it said. Wonder if it was a temporary one for the series.

I’ve seen it on the regular show so I think it’s the actor’s real tattoo.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I never noticed it because I normally fast forward Ben scenes, particularly if he's shirtless lol, but you made me curious so I checked RSW's twitter. It's real and it says 'the only son' in his mother's handwriting apparently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I never noticed it because I normally fast forward Ben scenes, particularly if he's shirtless

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I love you for saying that...and for feeling that way.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2021 at 11:01 PM, Frozendiva said:

I too finished watching it this evening.

The whole weaponization of the Peacock was a stretch. As was the two Donovan twins.

I couldn't imagine Paulina and Michelle Obama hitting it off so well that she would give her an expensive orange diamond ring.

Leo was right about Sonny and Will being boring and married and not having any fun. Chad looked good as a drag queen.

Ciara and Ben were not told what sort of party they would be attending? I was expecting champagne and good expensive food. Too bad Ben was outed at not being Austin Reed. Too bad also that those two rich folks didn't realize that the amethyst was missing.

So what happens to the necklace that Anna bought for Austin? Will another sapphire or tanzanite be added to it or will the ISA buy it from the auction house?

Too bad we didn't get the first glimpse of Marlena's possession at the end.

But Drew was on Days proper back in the day. (Shane and Kimberly's son was named for him [Andrew].) For once, Ron used real history and not retcons, but considering his history, I get why some would be dubious.

• Love 3

God knows how cheesy Ron will make this, but more Will is a comfort. I'm actually surprised they went with him as a lead. Isn't he doing a Lifetime Xmas movie too?

Hopefully the Satan storyline, and Cin, had nothing to do with this.

Gimmee Carrie, Austin and Noah visiting with Will, Ari, Sonny and Gabi, sans Jake.

• Love 1

December 16?  Is it already filmed?

I was not impressed by Chandler's acting in Beyond Salem,  I thought he was particularly weak during cast interactions.  I suppose if his scenes are him just typing out a manuscript and serving as narrator, that will be more tolerable

I wonder if this means NBC/Peacock/Sony were pleased with the viewing data for BS.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I was not impressed by Chandler's acting in Beyond Salem,  I thought he was particularly weak during cast interactions.  I suppose if his scenes are him just typing out a manuscript and serving as narrator, that will be more tolerable

I wonder if this means NBC/Peacock/Sony were pleased with the viewing data for BS.

OMG, you’re right. It was BS.

One of the articles mentioned they did this movie because of the success of Beyond Salem. It could be bs (lol) but I mean yea I doubt they'd put money into a movie if Beyond Salem bombed.

It 100% must be already filmed.

I hope the Sonny from Beyond Salem is in the movie. I enjoyed him.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

God knows how cheesy Ron will make this, but more Will is a comfort. I'm actually surprised they went with him as a lead. Isn't he doing a Lifetime Xmas movie too?

I don't know about Lifetime, but CM was in a Hallmark Christmas movie. It aired a couple of weeks ago, and had both "Doc" Brown and Marty McFly's mom in the movie.  Alas, the two Back to the Future actors didn't interact in the Hallmark movie...

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh, so you think he'll write the script, which we'll then see play out in scenes, including those with ED?

Yes. For all we know, Kristen could be married to John in the movie. Or Marlena for that matter. 😂 It will be interesting to see how Will writes it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh, so you think he'll write the script, which we'll then see play out in scenes, including those with ED?

I wonder if they will just have the cast acting out a variety of XMAS themed stories.  A Scrooge parody with Victor snarling.  A Home Alone takeoff with Sami's twins.  It's a Wonderful Life with a random DiMera.  Rafe licking a frozen lightpole.  Guess we will find out in four weeks.

• LOL 5