Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I got the impression it wasn't necessarily "Eric".  Of course Greg Vaughn played the character but I don't think we were supposed to see him as Eric.  More so because it's Greg as the homeless man he and Nicole have a connection. 

If you read the credit at the end of the movie, GV was listed as Eric Brady.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

Will doesn’t like his family to much 

Neither do I. 

Now if he only felt the same way about that new sentient jock itch playing Sonny......

• LOL 5
12 hours ago, boes said:

Neither do I. 

Now if he only felt the same way about that new sentient jock itch playing Sonny......

Wow 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What brought on that? At least he's not AI Freddie...

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wow 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What brought on that? At least he's not AI Freddie...

That same actor stunk up the Y&R set for ages and I saw the same acting quirks breaking out when he first appeared.  I'd take Freddie any day over him.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, boes said:

That same actor stunk up the Y&R set for ages and I saw the same acting quirks breaking out when he first appeared.  I'd take Freddie any day over him.  

Really? I find the new Sonny so much more attractive. He's also a better actor. I hated Freddie's Sonny. 

• Love 3
Just now, 4evaQuez said:

Really? I find the new Sonny so much more attractive. He's also a better actor. I hated Freddie's Sonny. 

Maybe he's improved.  I didn't see it in that first stolen jewels online thing.  All I saw were the same tics I disliked on Y&R.  He's Grant Tinker's grandson, and while this is just unverified online gossip, his tenure at Y&R was shortened and his character written out not only because of his subpar acting skills but because of his obnoxious and entitled behavior on set and to some of the veteran actors.  Regardless of that, I just thought he was an awful actor then and not much better when he showed up on DOOL.

Maybe he'll be better?

He was tic-y in Beyond Salem, and still a little too...hyper? in the Xmas movie. But I couldn't take anymore of Freddie so I'll deal with the new guy for the time being. Shame Freddie became so weird.

I get now why you'd hate him boes. I was predisposed to disliking both EM and GG from having glimpsed them on Passions. Eric won me over though, so you never know...

• Love 1

Freddie has lost over 30lbs in the latter half of 2021.  I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it does. He has hyped it on the "Freddie and Alyssa" videoblogs.  

I'm generally strongly against recasts (who is this Lauren Koslow impersonating Deborah Adair?), but since Freddie has sworn off acting (in daytime dramas, at least), a recast was needed.  They just should have found someone who looks 33-ish and can be imagined as a corporate type.  Zach isn't that.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 4
On 1/2/2022 at 9:14 PM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Freddie has lost over 30lbs in the latter half of 2021.  I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it does. He has hyped it on the "Freddie and Alyssa" videoblogs.  

I'm generally strongly against recasts (who is this Lauren Koslow impersonating Deborah Adair?), but since Freddie has sworn off acting (in daytime dramas, at least), a recast was needed.  They just should have found someone who looks 33-ish and can be imagined as a corporate type.  Zach isn't that.

Why has Freddie sworn off acting in soaps? he used to be so grateful for the opportunity.. I have always thought that Freddie was attractive whether he was slim or thick.. I never understood why some fans were so mean to him because of his weight.

• Love 4
On 1/2/2022 at 4:49 PM, DisneyBoy said:

He was tic-y in Beyond Salem, and still a little too...hyper? in the Xmas movie. But I couldn't take anymore of Freddie so I'll deal with the new guy for the time being. Shame Freddie became so weird.

I get now why you'd hate him boes. I was predisposed to disliking both EM and GG from having glimpsed them on Passions. Eric won me over though, so you never know...

True DB, about Em and GG, though I don’t think I remember them on Passions since I didn’t watch that show very  much. 
I dislike recasts, in general, but I feel that EM and GG think too highly of themselves and it definitely shows in their characters on DOOL.

I haven’t watched the complete X-mas special..just the John and (original, OG,BESt) Kristen being married part. Cuz that’s what I wanted to see most.

Probably should watch the entire show now.

Edited by Chellfairy
Me
23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why has Freddie sworn off acting in soaps? he used to be so grateful for the opportunity.. I have always thought that Freddie was attractive whether he was slim or thick.. I never understood why some fans were so mean to him because of his weight.

Freddy spends the first 15 minutes declaring he has moved on:

And promotes his weight loss:

• Love 1

God, Freddie gives me the creeps. 

I did like NuSonny and his vibe with Will, so that worked for me. I also found him pretty hot. It's still hilarious to me that gay guys brought back mustaches. LOL.

It's funny that they went with Sidney being a 10/12-ish which is bang on her actual age.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2022 at 11:04 PM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Freddy spends the first 15 minutes declaring he has moved on:

And promotes his weight loss:

WHY.. this is the jest of my post!

Ohhh F’ n A !!! Why oh why in the world did I click and watch this ?

oh my, I can’t stand this guy. Didn’t care for him on Days(especially as a Kiriakis, again why?) Seems more Brady familyish than crime familyish kinda that generatin. Dare I ask or want to know , anyway?

WHY so many fans NOW? This guy is still a fame getter. So, that’s his wife? Was/is she an actress? Also wishes came, I see. 
Who  cares if he gained -lost weight ? His he and his wife?? Trying to be healthy, I get, but I  highly doubt it’s the main goal here.

If he wants to be out of the spotlight, then please get out! If fans come up to you, stay angry! 
Im gonna go with the Satan/possession  theme on days right now…as in OG Amytiville Horror..

GET OUT!!

• Love 1

So I went to W Network on-demand and watched the dreck.

Will is a successful Hollywood writer and he came up with..... that?

The alternate Salem where Pricetown is still on the building block. Marlena runs the pub, John is married to Kristen and they own the Inn? We have never seen the Salem Inn lobby. I liked Xander being the city clerk.

Gabi and Nick were interesting together. I enjoyed the male strip show more than the drag queens. Chanel and Allie reminded me of the Von Trapp family, sort of.

Some good parts, some not so good parts. I too wouldn't mind a kiss on the cheek from Xander.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2022 at 11:28 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Well considering the dreck Hollywood produces on a regular basis these days that tracks with Will.

I always thought that Will was a terrible writer and I have never understood why the characters were always praising him for it..

• Love 3
On 3/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, Pearson80 said:

I always thought that Will was a terrible writer and I have never understood why the characters were always praising him for it..

Same! Its weird but he never struck me as capable. Constantly writing about his family didn't help. Or sleeping with someone to get their story (Paul).

Good thing he married into money.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/1/2022 at 9:00 AM, Pearson80 said:

Maybe for the same reason Chad, Gabi, Jake, Stefan-O!, Brady, Xander and whatever errant offspring I've forgotten were considered great business CEO's?

It doesn't take much to float to the top in the stagnant pond that is Salem.

• LOL 4

IS he alive though?

I mean, if they used lame logic to bring Jack back just for the hell of it, I guess they'd do the same here too...

...but I really wish they wouldn't...Bo's death was a huge storyline that had ramifications for months. His last appearance at the cabin was perfect.

...and you just KNOW he'll be kissing Ben's ass and actìng all happy about the baby. Barf. 😡

Ghost Bo would be better. Although if they got KA back somehow, maybe it was with the promise to send her off into the sunset with Bo and call it a day.

If it was a different writer, I'd get excited. But it isn't, so I won't.

• Love 8

I want a scene where Bo meets Bo Jr., turns to Ciara, and says in disgust, "You named that psycho's offspring after me? Man, I can't believe I came back from the dead for this! Someone take me to Rolf for a reverse serum."   🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Not even sure if I'll get to see it, since I don't have cable, but happy that Kristian and Peter agreed to come back for whatever storyline Ron has dreamed up.  Despite not missing the Hope character, I hated the way Kristian left, so glad she's reconnecting with the show after what seemed like totally burned bridges.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Not even sure if I'll get to see it, since I don't have cable ...

It's on Peacock so you don't need cable. Peacock is pretty cheap, if you get the plan with ads I think it's 4.99. And actually, I believe they have a free 7-day trial, so you could watch this without paying at all lol.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's on Peacock so you don't need cable. Peacock is pretty cheap, if you get the plan with ads I think it's 4.99. And actually, I believe they have a free 7-day trial, so you could watch this without paying at all lol.

I don’t understand this peacock app.    When I was dog sitting.  My friend has it.  I watched one episode of the new fresh prince. It asks if I want to watch episode two.   Click yes and it says I have to pay more.  

• Love 1

I feel so conflicted about this. On the one hand, I'd love it if Bo came back from the dead so that he and Hope can get their happily ever after. On the other hand, in the hands of Ron, Bo will probably end up as yet another Ben fanboy and I'll just wish he'd stayed dead. Most of the 80's super couples that are still around are still together (J&J, Stayla, Jarlena, Tony/Anna, hell even Shane & Kim offscreen) so it would be nice if Bo & Hope could get the same happy ending before the show ends. If this series does mark a return-from-the-dead for Bo, it's disappointing Shawn is not a part of it but Ciara is.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don’t understand this peacock app.    When I was dog sitting.  My friend has it.  I watched one episode of the new fresh prince. It asks if I want to watch episode two.   Click yes and it says I have to pay more.  

Some stuff is free, others aren't, and they try to hook you into buying the app by giving you a free episode and shutting you out if you don't buy it.

I watch DOOL on the app, free version, and it had about 4 or 5 commercials, usually pretty short.  If I bought it, then I'd have the show commercial free and access to their "premium" content but I don't want any of it that badly, at least not yet.

• Useful 1

I hope Peter and Kristian were promised a good story in writing by Ken Corday  because Ron likes to bait and switch with the actors.  The actress that came back to play Laura was shocked with what Ron did to her.  She thought that Laura was just going to have a simple story with her family.  We all saw what Ron did to Laura for that creature Gwen..

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The actress that came back to play Laura was shocked with what Ron did to her. 

I think Peter and Kristian have more power than the Laura actress in that they both chose to walk away.  I suspect the Laura actress assumed her return would be like any other return.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think Peter and Kristian have more power than the Laura actress in that they both chose to walk away.  I suspect the Laura actress assumed her return would be like any other return.

Exactly!

• Love 2

I'm still upset about the Laura murder. Mainly because there's no one left to really advocate for her to be brought back. She has no lover to pine for her, and Jennifer is barely on the show now. She's an "old" "nice" character. Not flashy enough to resurrect. They treated her like she was expendable.

I really hope Peter approves of the story. I wonder if he's agreeing to return mainly to show support to KA because he saw how they failed her and how she had to publicly bounce to reclaim what was left of her dignity.

I'm guessing that's the ticket.

I'd still rather see Doug and Julie with Hope again though.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm in Canada, though, so not sure if we can get Peacock or not. I never did see the Christmas one, but found the one with the stolen jewels online.  I think it eventually aired on a cable station here, but not positive.

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I'm in Canada, though, so not sure if we can get Peacock or not. I never did see the Christmas one, but found the one with the stolen jewels online.  I think it eventually aired on a cable station here, but not positive.

Both are available on the free Global TV app as are the daily episodes. The series are on the W channel while the daily episodes are on the Global channel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, FrankOFoley said:

Both are available on the free Global TV app as are the daily episodes. The series are on the W channel while the daily episodes are on the Global channel.

Good to know. Thanks.

4 hours ago, RedElf said:

I just read this morning that Paul will be on the digital series.

Huh. Random. Maybe they want to use him again to spice up Wilson? (Played out)

Or undo his ridiculous parentage?

Li Shin is also going to be there, so yay for Asian representation at least.

• Love 2