Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Looks like every cast member of the show is going to be in the Christmas special. Including Zach Tinker (Sonny), and, strangely, Blake Berris.  I'm assuming not as a zombie?

Not really.  There are a lot missing.  It's pretty much the same as Beyond Salem minus Ciara, Ben, Carrie, and Austin.  With Will's siblings, mother, EJ, Nicole, Gabi, Tripp, Paulina, Chanel, Nick all added.

No Steve, Kayla, Jack, Doug, Julie, Abby, Roman, Kate, Abby, Lucas, Belle, Shawn, Ciara, Ben, Jake, Philip, Chole, Lani, Rafe, Ava, Eli.  There are probably others.  Mostly the same people who can't get anything decent on the regular show either.  

Doesn't sound like a very Salem Christmas with some of those characters.  

• Love 4

I didn't even realize Beyond Salem wasn't premium only. It seems odd to change that up now for the movie. I guess maybe the show did pretty well so they thought they might be able to get some new subscribers but I don't think that's going to work out too well for them lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, buffynut said:

From what I'm reading over at the DR forum, it's only going to be on Peacock Premium. 

https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/peacock-announces-days-of-our-lives-a-very-salem-c-t43399-s150.html

Oh G** Damn it!!! 😡😡😡I don’t have premium either. I’m getting fed up with the f’king greed in this country. It costs me 
almost $200 a month for the pleasure of streaming tv already. Hey.  If politicians want to get elected these “little”  things are what they need to fix!! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Oh G** Damn it!!! 😡😡😡I don’t have premium either. I’m getting fed up with the f’king greed in this country. It costs me 
almost $200 a month for the pleasure of streaming tv already. Hey.  If politicians want to get elected these “little”  things are what they need to fix!! 

I gave up live streaming so I pay about $13 a month for Hulu - only because I pay the extra $5 to not have commercials during the regular shows.  I don't care if I can't watch something until the next day as I'm not going in to some office where people are discussing what happened on some currently hot show, and I'm not really THAT invested in who wins some reality competition.  Since I needed Peacock watch DOOL I had the free version.   I really only got Peacock premium because I wanted to watch the current season of Project Runway (and some of their original stuff looks somewhat interesting) and they were offering a Black Friday deal where you could get premium for only $3 a month or $36 for the entire year.

But I agree, it's really annoying when they want you to subscribe to some entire bundle when you really only want to watch one or two shows.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I gave up live streaming so I pay about $13 a month for Hulu - only because I pay the extra $5 to not have commercials during the regular shows.  I don't care if I can't watch something until the next day as I'm not going in to some office where people are discussing what happened on some currently hot show, and I'm not really THAT invested in who wins some reality competition.  Since I needed Peacock watch DOOL I had the free version.   I really only got Peacock premium because I wanted to watch the current season of Project Runway (and some of their original stuff looks somewhat interesting) and they were offering a Black Friday deal where you could get premium for only $3 a month or $36 for the entire year.

But I agree, it's really annoying when they want you to subscribe to some entire bundle when you really only want to watch one or two shows.

I'm the sports enthusiast in the family (more so than NorcalGuy).  Thus, it's because of me that we have to pay for certain streaming channels/level of cable package for me to watch my sports. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Are you sure it's on the 15th?  I thought it was on the 16th, and today being the 15th, I can't find it.

Futon Critic has it listed as dropping tomorrow at 3:01 a.m. ET, 12:01 a.m. PT. As I already have Premium, I can confirm it is not up today.

• Love 2

They killed off Roman (in this movie)!

Weird that Gabi and Nick are a "best friends".

Man, does Will really think of Nicole as an evil witch?

So EJ's a good guy.

They got a little Sydney who looks just like Lindsay Arnold.

The geography of Salem is always strange, but doesn't the pub open onto Horton Square, and isn't Horton Square enclosed?  So why was Marlena shivering when she stepped outside, but Chanel is wearing a microminiskirt? And then John said it has a roof.  So there.

Are we supposed to find Kristen and Brady's relationship cute?   When she's cheating on her husband with his son?

Man, Diedre is doing a lot of stumbling over her lines.

I guess Will likes drag.

The looks between Chanel and Allie were pretty awkward there. Did Will write those?

I had to think about who the homeless guy had to be, and I was right.

The loophole in the law wouldn't apply to the bakery.

28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Has anyone watched it? I'm just wondering how many ad breaks there are lol.

They ran several ads at the beginning (four, I think) and then no more.

• Love 2

FYI, if you have xfinity tv service from comcast, you already have Peacock Premium.

I don't have comcast but got a year free of peacock premium with my provider! You're post made me look, so thank you! Now I guess I need to watch this DOOL  movie!

Well, I quite liked it. So much better than the Mandalorian Peacock story or whatever it was called. It actually felt like they threw some money at this production...even dusted off a couple of old sets. But I thought it was cute, funny, sweet, and just the right amount of cheesy.

It was fun seeing everyone play a slightly different version of themselves...I'd almost prefer those characters to what we see on the show every day. Gabi is pretty tolerable when she's not stomping though town being bitchy to everyone. And I thought Jackee worked better here as an actual cartoon villain than how she comes off every other day. She still does comedy well. I loved her calling Leo "Mary" continuously.

And I don't know where they found the actress playing Sydney, but I loved her! Sign her to the main show immediately and do not SORAS her! 

Tripp was still boring paired with Chanel, lol. And I think the boys all put in a little extra time at the gym for their big number, lol. Chad, Will, and Sonny have pretty nice legs...

Was thinking the homeless man would be Dr. Tan, but makes sense that it was Eric.

Last two thoughts: I want a kiss on the cheek from Paul Telfer, and Eileen is still the only acceptable Kristen ever.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Last two thoughts: I want a kiss on the cheek from Paul Telfer, and Eileen is still the only acceptable Kristen ever.

Hohoho....who could disagree?

I hope I can find a legal way to see this. Sounds good.

• Love 2

I just watched it and liked parts of it and didn't like other parts.  I liked that a lot of the characters were playing against type.  Sami, meek and differential, EJ kind and considerate, Nicole not actually being that interested in her daughter, Gabi pleasant and not arrogant, etc.  Allie and Johnny were somewhat amusing with their mutual disgust over Chanel and Tripp and I agree with @Giuseppe that Paulina was much more fun as a cartoon villain than in the regular show (loved the Cruella DeVille references).  And Leo was actually enjoyable as a more tamed down character.  But then they had to throw in Brady and Kristen.  Were we supposed to think it was somehow "romantic" or a sign of their "great, star-crossed love" that Brady would have an affair with his father's actual wife (not EX but actual, currently married to wife?)  I get that they wanted John and Marlena to end up together, but that just struck me as kinda sleazy and really took away my enjoyment of the general silliness of the movie.  They seriously couldn't come up with any other use for Kristen?  Is this going to be a thing where Will, Sonny and Chad have to do drag in every special now?  Thought it was fun in the Peacock series but their routine in this movie seemed off to me somehow. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I just watched it and liked parts of it and didn't like other parts.  I liked that a lot of the characters were playing against type.  Sami, meek and differential, EJ kind and considerate, Nicole not actually being that interested in her daughter, Gabi pleasant and not arrogant, etc.  Allie and Johnny were somewhat amusing with their mutual disgust over Chanel and Tripp and I agree with @Giuseppe that Paulina was much more fun as a cartoon villain than in the regular show (loved the Cruella DeVille references).  And Leo was actually enjoyable as a more tamed down character.  But then they had to throw in Brady and Kristen.  Were we supposed to think it was somehow "romantic" or a sign of their "great, star-crossed love" that Brady would have an affair with his father's actual wife (not EX but actual, currently married to wife?)  I get that they wanted John and Marlena to end up together, but that just struck me as kinda sleazy and really took away my enjoyment of the general silliness of the movie.  They seriously couldn't come up with any other use for Kristen?  Is this going to be a thing where Will, Sonny and Chad have to do drag in every special now?  Thought it was fun in the Peacock series but their routine in this movie seemed off to me somehow. 

Totally agree....the playing against type was fun & interesting, but I could have totally done without Brady's storyline with Kristen.  I thought the homeless man on the bench would be  "Dr. Tan-Man", but got a kick out of who it was.  The young actress who played Sydney was cute & quite good: I would like to see her on the Daily DOOL.   And I enjoyed Will & Sonny's scenes together, it was cute seeing Sonny coming up with "Christmas ideas".  Overall, it was entertaining & a fun way to spend an hour. 

• Love 3

Chanel and Allie winter coats are so pretty. 

Sami and Marlena work so well together.   EJ looks good with a little mess in his curls.  Nicole’s make up was perfect. Wow was she a nasty lady in this one. 
Brady was dumber here then in the show  

kristin is annoying everywhere   

I remember I time I liked Nick.  Was not feeling his and Gabi’s story at all.  Which is odd since I usually love that crap.  Nick seemed like he was bored.

Johnny  Allie Tripp channel 

liked when Johnny and Allie acted like siblings 

the switching of partners are awkward.  The Allie/Channel maybe pairing at the end just seemed forced and tasted on. 
   Zander was really into his Santa dance.  Made me wonder what went on in the historical offices lol. 
Miss price worked well here as the villain. It made me laugh each time she called Leo Mary.   
   Finally Leo saves the day.   

• Love 1
On 12/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, Giuseppe said:

It actually felt like they threw some money at this production...even dusted off a couple of old sets. But I thought it was cute, funny, sweet, and just the right amount of cheesy.

It was fun seeing everyone play a slightly different version of themselves...I'd almost prefer those characters to what we see on the show every day. Gabi is pretty tolerable when she's not stomping though town being bitchy to everyone. And I thought Jackee worked better here as an actual cartoon villain than how she comes off every other day. She still does comedy well. I loved her calling Leo "Mary" continuously.

Yeah, that I didn't love, honestly. We get it - gay people call each other Mary! sometimes - but it was overdone.

I totally was surprised by how well Jackee came off here. I actually enjoyed her performance! Go figure. Maybe it's because she needed to go big to make this work.

I liked seeing snowfall again on Days - budget for the regular show seems to prevent its use, which is a shame because it adds so much atmosphere.

So many characters came off better here. Sami was lowkey and sincere and gentle. Refreshing not to see more Hurricane Sami. And it was nice seeing a hard-working Gabi and the real Marlena...

...but I felt we needed more from Will to better understand why he was constructing this imagined world as he did. Those scenes with Sonny helped explain it a little, but they were sparsely used and I was left wondering stuff like "how could Uncle Eric be homeless outside his own family's pub?" and "why would Will include him in the story like that?"

Nick and Gabi's plot could have been left out entirely and that time better used to flesh out the John/Kristen and Marlena/John relationships. You have Eileen there, you give her an alternative universe where Kristen gets John, but then gets bored with him, enough to cheat on him with her own stepson, and you barely scrape the surface of that?

What about John choosing Kristen and friendzoning Marlena for 25 years - nothing interesting there either? Did Marlena really love Roman in this reality, or just stay with him out of obligation...? Is this a reality where Kristen, exposed as a schemer, brought Roman back to stop John from marrying Marlena as she did back in '97, I think it was? Or is this all based on a pre-Evil Kristen timeline, where Roman just never left town or became ill, and Kristen never lied or lost John?

And I don't even know how Xander ended up with a city job!

I wasn't enjoying the drag climax as much here. It felt indulgent and cringey. The boys didn't know their choreo, which didn't help. It even looked like Chad tried to flash his behind at the camera and they cut away LOL. And what was the Shakespeare joke? Didn't get that.

The stripping Santas was better because I could at least see why people would throw money at them LOL. Eric M knows that stripper choreo quite well. Did they get special training for that strip scene waaaay back? He's got moves.

I didn't need to see the Sami slapping scene replayed. God, he sure lives up to the name ReRon!

That "doesn't this place have a roof?" line was clearly for us.

Man whore Brady angle was weird and kinda gross. No acknowledgment from him that he's breaking up his father's marriage? Openly using Gabi? Those suits and rings? Yuck.

The best part though? NO BEN! No Lani! No Rafe! A solid cast.

It put me in a much better mood than the regular show did today, that's for sure.

It's very interesting how much more gay content was in here, compared to the regular show. The "Indigo Girls" medley from Chanel and Allie...the Xander/Leo plot...drag Chad...Wilson kissing...all stuff I feel like the producers would avoid on the series proper. It's good to see that these movies can have it..but it did feel stuffed with gay content in an attempt to balance out the lack of it elsewhere. Even the line from Wilson about hoping they could return to Salem soon was remarkably pointed.

...and it must be said, Will is terrible at his job LOL. You prioritize small articles over a film script? Dude!

Also, NewSonny needs to chill. He's giving me s******/needy vibes and that's not great. Sonny felt secure with Will. They're an old married couple essentially. I am glad they recast - Freddie was killing the character - but new guy can take it easy. Less energy please.

Overall, a fun outing, with some nice edits too. You could tell they put some effort into this.

Bring on the Valentine's movie!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Wasn’t Paulina calling Leo Mary a reference to 227?

so I was thinking since it seems like Will will be the focus or writer of these here are some of my ideas no one will listen to 

Will and Sonny have to right some of the wrongs Wills mom has done in the past.  This way they can bring back some former characters.  
    Or 

Sami and Lucas switch (think freaky Friday ) 

Sami finally sees the hurt she is causing Lucas and sees how much he does love her.  
or 

do another peacock show sweet home home 

where two family switch places and live each other lives. 
Ben/ Ciara  Lani/Eli 

Cin Will have to work and balance being parents.  Ciara will be friends with Kristin.   She will what is like to be on the other side of a one sided friendship.  Ben will have to work with Rafe and spend time with Julie.  
 Kayla/Steve Marlena/John 

Kayla and Steve will have to eat out every night. Kayla will try her hand at psychiatry keeping secrets.  All the kids will visit them. They will also make lots of noise kissing.  
   John and Marlena will have to learn to be put on the back burner and get hardly any air time and only Tripp will be visiting. 

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 4
On 12/25/2021 at 1:41 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, that I didn't love, honestly. We get it - gay people call each other Mary! sometimes - but it was overdone.

Yes, but as @tribeca noted above, her calling Leo "Mary" was a reference to 227. I don't think it had anything to do with gay guys calling each other Mary sometimes (which i also dislike). But in this case, it was just a nod to Jackee's 'Sandra' character from 227, and the funny way she would always say "Mary", who was played by Marla Gibbs (aka Paulina's mother on DAYS).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Yes, but as @tribeca noted above, her calling Leo "Mary" was a reference to 227. I don't think it had anything to do with gay guys calling each other Mary sometimes (which i also dislike). But in this case, it was just a nod to Jackee's 'Sandra' character from 227, and the funny way she would always say "Mary", who was played by Marla Gibbs (aka Paulina's mother on DAYS).

I remember a rumor back in the day that Marla Gibbs and Jackee Harris hated each other during 227.

Edited by Pearson80
On 12/24/2021 at 11:41 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I totally was surprised by how well Jackee came off here. I actually enjoyed her performance! Go figure. Maybe it's because she needed to go big to make this work.

I liked seeing snowfall again on Days - budget for the regular show seems to prevent its use, which is a shame because it adds so much atmosphere.

So many characters came off better here. Sami was lowkey and sincere and gentle. Refreshing not to see more Hurricane Sami. And it was nice seeing a hard-working Gabi and the real Marlena...

...but I felt we needed more from Will to better understand why he was constructing this imagined world as he did. Those scenes with Sonny helped explain it a little, but they were sparsely used and I was left wondering stuff like "how could Uncle Eric be homeless outside his own family's pub?" and "why would Will include him in the story like that?"

Nick and Gabi's plot could have been left out entirely and that time better used to flesh out the John/Kristen and Marlena/John relationships. You have Eileen there, you give her an alternative universe where Kristen gets John, but then gets bored with him, enough to cheat on him with her own stepson, and you barely scrape the surface of that?

What about John choosing Kristen and friendzoning Marlena for 25 years - nothing interesting there either? Did Marlena really love Roman in this reality, or just stay with him out of obligation...? Is this a reality where Kristen, exposed as a schemer, brought Roman back to stop John from marrying Marlena as she did back in '97, I think it was? Or is this all based on a pre-Evil Kristen timeline, where Roman just never left town or became ill, and Kristen never lied or lost John?

And I don't even know how Xander ended up with a city job!

I wasn't enjoying the drag climax as much here. It felt indulgent and cringey. The boys didn't know their choreo, which didn't help. It even looked like Chad tried to flash his behind at the camera and they cut away LOL. And what was the Shakespeare joke? Didn't get that.

The stripping Santas was better because I could at least see why people would throw money at them LOL. Eric M knows that stripper choreo quite well. Did they get special training for that strip scene waaaay back? He's got moves.

I didn't need to see the Sami slapping scene replayed. God, he sure lives up to the name ReRon!

That "doesn't this place have a roof?" line was clearly for us.

Man whore Brady angle was weird and kinda gross. No acknowledgment from him that he's breaking up his father's marriage? Openly using Gabi? Those suits and rings? Yuck.

The best part though? NO BEN! No Lani! No Rafe! A solid cast.

It put me in a much better mood than the regular show did today, that's for sure.

It's very interesting how much more gay content was in here, compared to the regular show. The "Indigo Girls" medley from Chanel and Allie...the Xander/Leo plot...drag Chad...Wilson kissing...all stuff I feel like the producers would avoid on the series proper. It's good to see that these movies can have it..but it did feel stuffed with gay content in an attempt to balance out the lack of it elsewhere. Even the line from Wilson about hoping they could return to Salem soon was remarkably pointed.

...and it must be said, Will is terrible at his job LOL. You prioritize small articles over a film script? Dude!

Also, NewSonny needs to chill. He's giving me s******/needy vibes and that's not great. Sonny felt secure with Will. They're an old married couple essentially. I am glad they recast - Freddie was killing the character - but new guy can take it easy. Less energy please.

Overall, a fun outing, with some nice edits too. You could tell they put some effort into this.

Bring on the Valentine's movie!

My understanding is the John/Marlena/Kristen timeline was more a "what if" from the perspective of John/Marlena never having the affair.  That seemed to me to match up with how they were interacting here.  You could tell there was a past but not for decades.  That would also explain them not having Belle in this story since she was a result of the affair.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:27 PM, Pearson80 said:

I remember a rumor back in the day that Marla Gibbs and Jackee Harris hated each other during 227.

It wasn't just a rumor.  They actually did not get along for years.  They made up though years ago, and Jackee has said the experience on Days has actually made them friends after all these years. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

My understanding is the John/Marlena/Kristen timeline was more a "what if" from the perspective of John/Marlena never having the affair.  That seemed to me to match up with how they were interacting here.  You could tell there was a past but not for decades.  That would also explain them not having Belle in this story since she was a result of the affair.

Ahhhh okay. So no affair and Marlena was with Roman for decades. So...why was Eric homeless?

I guess this was all just Will riffing on What If versions of the people he knows, picking and choosing which details to keep.

51 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ahhhh okay. So no affair and Marlena was with Roman for decades. So...why was Eric homeless?

I guess this was all just Will riffing on What If versions of the people he knows, picking and choosing which details to keep.

I got the impression it wasn't necessarily "Eric".  Of course Greg Vaughn played the character but I don't think we were supposed to see him as Eric.  More so because it's Greg as the homeless man he and Nicole have a connection. 

• Love 1