Type keyword(s) to search

DOOL's Digital Series

• Start Topic

It's pretty embarrassing to fall in love with two people who dump you for each other over and over.

Paul's last indignity was losing the use of his legs and having Will lie about still wanting him. Hope he's in a better place.

Same actor playing him?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Possible casting scoop

Spoiler

Apparently there's a rumor floating around that Steve Burton will be on Beyond Salem.

I highly doubt its to reprise his role as Harris Michaels though...

Edited by CanaryFan98
On 4/23/2022 at 3:29 PM, peachmangosteen said:

What I would LOVE to happen is that Hope wakes up, goes into the bathroom and finds Bo taking a shower.  AND, everything that happened in Salem (in DOOL) the last 1 1/2 years or so was all a dream.  I don't care if it's a Dallas ripoff if it gets rid of the Devil 2.0 and Gwen.

In fact, I may post this on the DOOL forum too!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 4/23/2022 at 8:37 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Possible casting scoop

Reveal spoiler

Apparently there's a rumor floating around that Steve Burton will be on Beyond Salem.

I highly doubt its to reprise his role as Harris Michaels though...

I will not watch that jerk..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

From the interview above, it sounds like KA was honestly surprised at how much story they intended to cram into 5 episodes. Considering how sloppy the first Beyond Salem was with the location jumps, I'm in agreement.

...here's the thing guys: I want to be happy that Bo's back for this. I really do. I'm not trying to be some miserable grump. Honest. But they made his return and death into such a huge deal last time - even rewriting storylines to accommodate him - and I'm tired of them overcompensating for Peter's absences.

And him coming back just means that - once again - they have no other clue what to do with Hope besides have her focus on Bo. There's plenty of story left for her. They just don't see it or don't think we'll care to see it. All these years on the show...and they still don't know what to write for her. A woman just isn't complete without her man, I guess.

So this will be BOllie and Ciara rushing to the rescue and helping Hope find Bo...and Bo thanking Ben and calling him "son" and Ben being the Big Hero with Iconic Bo's Seal of Approval (....like Rafe got?) ...and a cheapo rushed Bope wedding with virtually none of the characters there that should be there because what Ron thinks we want is a disappointing rehash of something we've already loved...rather than something new or honoring history while being brave enough to be different and not just copy it.

And it makes me so damn sad.

Bo is DEAD. They gave him the Lexie "watch 'im go on screen in front of you cause it's for real this time" death scene. And the months of mourning and fallout. And his coming back as a ghost to say goodbye one last time WITH THEIR DEAD SON. And it was moving and final and good enough. The audience accepted it.

And they're going to undo it. As a stunt. For the press. Hope will never be a character again on the show, with anything to say or want. Neither will Bo. They're just cadavers being propped up one more time. Because all we want are weddings and devils and face masks, apparently, on an endless loop until they lose all meaning.

Not actual human storylines. People die in real life. We prefer to see that in our shows sometimes.

I'll be happy to see Bope together again...but I'd rather see it as a dream Hope has while moving on with her life. They just can't write a real future for Hope. So...what lesson has been learned?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

What I would LOVE to happen is that Hope wakes up, goes into the bathroom and finds Bo taking a shower.  AND, everything that happened in Salem (in DOOL) the last 1 1/2 years or so was all a dream.  I don't care if it's a Dallas ripoff if it gets rid of the Devil 2.0 and Gwen.

I thought that could've been Jennifer's coma dream since the time jump happened but this works.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

From the interview above, it sounds like KA was honestly surprised at how much story they intended to cram into 5 episodes. Considering how sloppy the first Beyond Salem was with the location jumps, I'm in agreement.

...here's the thing guys: I want to be happy that Bo's back for this. I really do. I'm not trying to be some miserable grump. Honest. But they made his return and death into such a huge deal last time - even rewriting storylines to accommodate him - and I'm tired of them overcompensating for Peter's absences.

And him coming back just means that - once again - they have no other clue what to do with Hope besides have her focus on Bo. There's plenty of story left for her. They just don't see it or don't think we'll care to see it. All these years on the show...and they still don't know what to write for her. A woman just isn't complete without her man, I guess.

So this will be BOllie and Ciara rushing to the rescue and helping Hope find Bo...and Bo thanking Ben and calling him "son" and Ben being the Big Hero with Iconic Bo's Seal of Approval (....like Rafe got?) ...and a cheapo rushed Bope wedding with virtually none of the characters there that should be there because what Ron thinks we want is a disappointing rehash of something we've already loved...rather than something new or honoring history while being brave enough to be different and not just copy it.

And it makes me so damn sad.

Bo is DEAD. They gave him the Lexie "watch 'im go on screen in front of you cause it's for real this time" death scene. And the months of mourning and fallout. And his coming back as a ghost to say goodbye one last time WITH THEIR DEAD SON. And it was moving and final and good enough. The audience accepted it.

And they're going to undo it. As a stunt. For the press. Hope will never be a character again on the show, with anything to say or want. Neither will Bo. They're just cadavers being propped up one more time. Because all we want are weddings and devils and face masks, apparently, on an endless loop until they lose all meaning.

Not actual human storylines. People die in real life. We prefer to see that in our shows sometimes.

I'll be happy to see Bope together again...but I'd rather see it as a dream Hope has while moving on with her life. They just can't write a real future for Hope. So...what lesson has been learned?

I do agree with this and I say this as someone that loves Bo/Hope(preference for Hope over Bo tbh) but I was okay with Hope moving on to someone else(not Rafe of course). I mean we saw Bo with others and he was a better overall character for it. Hope doesn't get this courtesy tbh the female half of a Super Couple on this show rarely does(except Jennifer yet it still wasn't accepted). Course Bo had the writing going for him. 

However if this is the swan song for Bo/Hope (where we will probably never see them again unless its the series finale). I rather there be closure in that regard(even if Bo's death was also closure).

I can accept this fan service even if its not grounded in reality but tbh Days hasn't had that in decades so.. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Bo is DEAD........And they're going to undo it.

I'm not so sure we will get Bo Brady back from the dead. 

There are at least two ways they could reunite Bo and Hope.  The first is to blatantly ripoff This Is Us.  Have a storyline that is set in the mid-2000s when Bo and Hope were running the Salem PD.  And then have parallel storylines involving the rest of the cast.  Various parts/themes/items could intersect, but not the people.

A second option would be Ghost Bo.  Guiding Hope and Ciara, visible only to them.

It's only 5 episodes.  Hard to do anything too deep in such a brief window.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I am THRILLED that Bo is back. I'd be even more thrilled if his death is undone. Yes, I know. It cheapens the death. But this isn't Isabella in 1992 with good writing. Days doesn't even have mediocre writing now.

It SUCKS.

So, if Bo is resurrected, at least there will be something worth watching and enjoying on the spinoff. And yes, I realize the same bad writing will be an issue. But with only 5 episodes, at least there isn't much time to completely decimate Bo and/or Bo/Hope again (I'm praying.).

We can always start keeping folks dead with Gwen or some other nobody. But Bo should never have died to begin with, IMO.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is he really that bad?

He's worse. Way worse.  Oh so bad.

He has all the pizzazz of mac and cheese if you don't add the cheese.  And then throw away the macaroni.  And break the bowl.

So, not really much different than RSW on one of his better days.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's crazy to think they used to hate each other lol. I love it!

I'm sure they professionally respect one another.

I think years away after their first exit and her having to deal with RKK probably made her realize dealing with PR wasn't so bad.

42 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Who was he on Days? Is he really that bad?

If you watch GH you know his character I preferred him when he was Jason Q then after he became Sonny's right hand man and the show had to worship him I hated his existence.

That being said I actually didn't mind him on Y&R go figure.

I didn't hate him on Days either but he wasn't that memorable I only recall him because he was with CR's Eve(who is memorable)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Someone suggested he might be playing the Navy Seal that was supposed to be involved with Hope.

Not out of the realm as there is nothing wrong with older women/younger men. But I cannot see Burton as some Navy dude.

• Love 4

So, I guess that Steve Burton will be playing...his '80s Days character, Harris Michaels. Seems to be a strange choice. Does anyone really remember that character?

(At the link, there is a tweet highlighting the character's '80s arrival with Charlotte Ross' Eve. How I wish she would come back.)

• Love 4
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Someone suggested he might be playing the Navy Seal that was supposed to be involved with Hope.

giphy.gif

Well, at least nobody can say Steve Burton has lost his looks.

AndI bet he can catch live fish in his mouth with the best of them!

Leave it to Ron to manage snaring Burton at a time when SB's not actively selling crappy products online to unsuspecting fans.  What a catch!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, boes said:

giphy.gif

Well, at least nobody can say Steve Burton has lost his looks.

AndI bet he can catch live fish in his mouth with the best of them!

Leave it to Ron to manage snaring Burton at a time when he's not actively selling crappy products online to unsuspecting fans.  What a catch!

I am insulted on the seal's behalf to be associated with Mr. Monotone Stare. Animal cruelty!

• LOL 8
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So, I guess that Steve Burton will be playing...his '80s Days character, Harris Michaels. Seems to be a strange choice. Does anyone really remember that character?

(At the link, there is a tweet highlighting the character's '80s arrival with Charlotte Ross' Eve. How I wish she would come back.)

Yes it was the late 80s. It was when Eve/Jennifer/Frankie were in HS together and Harris along with his friend Jake(played by Scott Reeves) knew Eve was a prostitute and made a bet as to who could score with her first. Eve was really into him and thought he cared for her but she realized he only wanted sex. She tried to kill herself and it turns out Harris really did care for her but Eve rejected him. That was pretty much it.  

His return would be worthwhile if Charlotte Ross's Eve is somehow involved but that's about it. Someone else speculated he plays a character that's holding Bo captive at the behest of Megan Hathaway(which I think is better suited for him).

• Love 2
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

His return would be worthwhile if Charlotte Ross's Eve is somehow involved but that's about it. Someone else speculated he plays a character that's holding Bo captive at the behest of Megan Hathaway(which I think is better suited for him).

But he is playing Harris, not a new character.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Of course another Dimera who comes back from the dead.

Only Lexie and Benjy (and Renee), have been unable to achieve that skill. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It's so bizarre to bring back a random one-note character play by a random one-note actor. 

Okay, to be fair, Steve Burton CAN be good. He just honestly chose to coast for the most part in his nearly 30-year run on GH.

I can't help but wonder if this is a favor by Ron so that Steve can keep his SAG benefits. LOL Given that Steve Burton hasn't even appeared in Hallmark Christmas movies, that kinda tells you everything about his career prospects.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

But he is playing Harris, not a new character.

That could still be Harris after all it was a bit part he was a horny teenager that wanted to get into Eve's pants him going bad isn't that farfetched tbh.

• Love 3

Thanks for the info guys. Disappointed in his stance, obviously, but hopefully he'll turn in a decent performance. 

I wonder what the narrative point is in bringing him back though if he was into Eve a million years ago....

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Thanks for the info guys. Disappointed in his stance, obviously, but hopefully he'll turn in a decent performance. 

I wonder what the narrative point is in bringing him back though if he was into Eve a million years ago....

I guess Kassie's Eve could show up, but who knows?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I doubt there's much more to it than Ron getting to poach someone from GH and bring back a long ago character (that no one really cares about or remembers lol).

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah I think that's the reason although since Harris was a drive by character he could've turned out in a variety of ways.  Its not like Diana who became unrecognizable (granted it was recasted) when she returned as Leo's mother yet was a decent person her first stint on the show.

Edited by CanaryFan98
Spoiler

There is a RUMOR in this thread, that Stephanie Johnson will be appearing in the second "Beyond Salem", with a new actress named Abigail Klein playing her. I guess her updated résumé lists the spinoff...

And...on the main show, too.

• Love 2

How do I get rid of the pop-up telling me to "unlock" the page by entering my email address to receive the weekly newsletter?  That for sure ain't happening...

I don't get it so I have no idea lol.

But I don't think there's anything there that hasn't already been said here so there's really no need to read it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2022 at 1:38 PM, norcalgal said:

I love this idea.  I think Bo died in 2015 or 2016?  So we're going to have to go back 6 years?

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't get it so I have no idea lol.

But I don't think there's anything there that hasn't already been said here so there's really no need to read it.

Thank you!

• Love 4

I rather have that than play a recast of another character and have that be a completely different yet horrid version(Diana Colville comes to mind).

At least Harris is a blank slate any option they choose for him is viable.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I love this idea.  I think Bo died in 2015 or 2016?  So we're going to have to go back 6 years?

Thank you!

He died the fall of '15 during Days 50th anniversary celebration.  Back then Ben was murdering people left and right. So if we turn back time and the shower curtain maybe Hope dreamed  nightmared the whole CIN relationship too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2