Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Also, Meghan, why is every freakin' U.S. veteran a saint? 

Why is any veteran who runs for office or loses a child or drives a car or swims in the ocean or writes a movie script and so on and so on any better than those of us who are NOT veterans, Ms. Meghan-not-a-veteran-married-to-not-a-veteran McCain Domenech?

Meghan is so blind in so many areas.

I really think it's because she lives in an upper-class bubble where military service is pretty rare. Most middle-class or lower people probably know, or at least have a passing acquaintance with, many service members or veterans, so we treat it less like that person pulled a sword out of a stone. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Come on people!  At this point in the process, MM knows how to pronounce the senator's name, she just chooses to be a shady bitch and mangle it.

That is probably true and genuinely bitchy. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

MC - "but I am in the Venn diagram of what you just said!" WTF?

Vd "is a diagram that shows all possible logical relations between a finite collection of different sets." (Wiki)

Again - WTF?

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Meghan is the Venn Diagram of bottle-blonde republicans, military family members, and gun-toting JD-drinkers, which has nothing to do with "what you just said!".

Who even talks this way?  A Venn Diagram is not a unique thing, it is not a trendy thing, it is not a recent thing.  What makes her throw this out in the middle of her otherwise self-pitying whine?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She even bitched about having to pay for things related to her pneumonia and hospital stay.

She did?!?!    Damn, I missed that part.    So, they saved her life and now that she's up and running again, the millionaire is complaining about the cost of saving her life???   She's truly a clueless one percent-er.

4 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I really think it's because she lives in an upper-class bubble where military service is pretty rare. Most middle-class or lower people probably know, or at least have a passing acquaintance with, many service members or veterans, so we treat it less like that person pulled a sword out of a stone. 

🙌💯❤️

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Good grief - Whoopi wants free special healthcare, no bike lanes, no taxes. She has some nerve. Yet a large family she supports and never says their contributions to society. Like college degrees or jobs. She doesn't even chat about Charlie Rose anymore.

She just throws herself and her boobs behind her chair. 

Edited by maggiemae
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Whoopi really needs to evaluate who her friends are there  ,that’s  a shitty remark to Joy.  Just think about all the times Joy could have done the same thing to her and didn’t. Where is the vomit emoji for “ babe” 

Where is the vomit emoji for “ babe” ? 

I missed that remark ... what did Whoopi say?

Agree about the Babe = vomit emoji!!!

• Love 6

Just catching up on the show now.

Whoopi wants the dems to have a debate where they all talk about what they're going to do to help whoopi get more tax write-offs. 

Meghan's little rant about russia and venn diagrams and bloodletting and Obama was borderline psychotic.

And then she attacked Steyer for not being a veteran, asked him questions but wouldn't let him answer. That was about the rudest anyone on the show has ever treated a guest.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 15
56 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

At the end of the Steyer interview, Joy said that she had to think about what he said.  This was in reference to his views on impeachment, as Joy said she is struggling with this.  She said she was initially for it, then changed her mind after the Mueller Report and the Dems' position on that.  Steyer said it was a moral/right or wrong decision.  And he explained why.

Afterwards Joy said, I need to think about that, and Whoopi was going to break.  But she decided to say, rather snarkily, oh yeah, you do need to think about that.  Joy had an icy cold reaction to that, and then Whoopi tried to recover and said that Joy always needs to think about things, and that is who she is and blah blah blah shovel shovel shovel a hole that you cannot dig yourself out of.  Joy was still frosty at the end of that.  Then after the break and when Whoopi when to close the show, she tried to do more damage control and then included all of the co-hosts saying that they all are thinking (or some such nonsense). 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

So I am changing my nickname for NutMeg to MeAgain.  I like it better.  😇

I think MeAgain may have to rethink her rabid support for Gabbard.  First her best friend SE Cupp tweeted that something must be up if Fox and the Repubs are supporting Gabbard.  😮

And then this:

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Agree about the Babe = vomit emoji!!!

I just retrieved deleted show and  originally Joy told Tom she was on his page about impeachment then went to Nancys but really wants back on his page what can he say to get me back.  When he was finished she was in thought holding cards and said I’m going to have to think about it 

Whoopi said it’s good to have her thinking about something which caused Joy to pull a face with furrowed brow. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I just looked her up, quickly, and it said she is an American Actress and producer and was awarded Miss Golden Globe in 1994. 🤣

I also read that she is the product of Whoopi and her former drug counselor.  WTF?  Isn't that inappropriate?

I see that Joy is wearing glasses now.  Maybe her eyelid surgery will improve with time but damn it looks too "overdone".  Mine looked great on the way home in the car.

She's also listed as one of the producers of The Descendents. That's a nice continuous line of income. 

• Love 6
On 7/31/2019 at 1:08 PM, blondiec0332 said:

And supporting her extending family. Can someone tell me exactly what her daughter has done?

I just looked her up, quickly, and it said she is an American Actress and producer and was awarded Miss Golden Globe in 1994. 🤣

"Awarded" is funny.  Miss Golden Globe is always the daughter of some star-of-the-moment and is probably "invited" after much lobbying by the parent via agents.  Idris Elba's daughter was this year's Miss Golden Globe.

I also read that she is the product of Whoopi and her former drug counselor.  WTF?  Isn't that inappropriate?

Perhaps inappropriate, but they were married for six years.  It might be her longest marriage.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Ladyrain said:
19 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She even bitched about having to pay for things related to her pneumonia and hospital stay.

She did?!?!    Damn, I missed that part.    So, they saved her life and now that she's up and running again, the millionaire is complaining about the cost of saving her life???   She's truly a clueless one percent-er.

She thinks her insurance premiums are held in an account like a bank so that whenever she needs to make a withdrawal there should be no questions asked.  She bitched about having to pay extra for some equipment the doc ordered but insurance denied.  Maybe in theory she's right that the ins co shouldn't determine treatment, but that's not how it works now.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

She thinks her insurance premiums are held in an account like a bank so that whenever she needs to make a withdrawal there should be no questions asked.  She bitched about having to pay extra for some equipment the doc ordered but insurance denied.  Maybe in theory she's right that the ins co shouldn't determine treatment, but that's not how it works now.

She should put all her premiums in her own bank account, get the piddly interest and pay her own damn bills, and then she just might get a clue as to how it works.  But I doubt it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

She should put all her premiums in her own bank account, get the piddly interest and pay her own damn bills, and then she just might get a clue as to how it works.  But I doubt it.

She probably has SAG insurance as well as whatever insurance ABC has for it's employees.  Add to that her ability to pay for things not covered by insurance she is better off than millions of people in this country. When she was released from the hospital I doubt she found a bill for hundreds of thousands of dollars waiting for her.

• Love 16
18 hours ago, Kenz said:

Maybe when she goes to Arizona on her break, she can have an encounter with a rattlesnake so she can hiss and snarl at it and scare it off before it strikes.

I think she just needs to snuggle up with her cute cactus. 🤣😂😱

Edited by rickhurst3186
Clarification
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Whoopi has the best insurance in the world: be it from SAG, AFTRA, or Disney. And if any of those fail, she has the greatest insurance ever:  Millions in the bank. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

WOW! What an awkward start to today's (Friday) show?! Something must have happened just before the walk to the table. What do y'all think????

Idk- I think something probably happens everyday!!😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Oh good. We can all download Meg’s book so we can hear her pontificate for the next month. 

Never mind. We have to wait til spring. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh good. We can all download Meg’s book so we can hear her pontificate for the next month. 

Never mind. We have to wait til spring. 

My heart dropped and I scared my new Yorkie.  I stood up screaming "THIS IS IT!! THIS IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT!! SHE'S LEAVING!!!" 

Womp womp! 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Did Meghan mention the name of the book?  Everywhere she goes- everyone wants to hear her opinion about everything?  Haha- whoever said it before “Me-Again McCain talks about Me-Again”

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Did Meghan mention the name of the book?  

No, she didn't; people promoting a book always emphasize the title.

I wonder if it even has a title yet, if it's not out until next year.

I also wonder if she'll read it at her usual speaking speed.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

How about if, until Meghan learns (or really decides) to pronounce "Gillibrand"correctly , that everybody mispronounce HER LAST NAME... Meghan McGoo, Meghan Narcan, Meghan McGillicuty.  feel free to chime in.

• LOL 21
  • Love 3
On 8/1/2019 at 9:41 AM, jumper sage said:

OMG!  She would fit in so well.  LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

JUMPER SAGE are you saying you believe  Joy had eye lid lift?  Not just cataracts?  She wouldn’t have been at work the next day would she ? My friend needed care at home.  Joy  mentioned she likes glasses and just frames with nonRX are cheap.  she said  it’s her thing now .  I get it because when I stopped wearing contacts I liked glasses too. Actual cataract surgery wouldn’t effect the way you eyes look would they. I worked on a floor when it was done in the hospital and seemed like a breeze. Whoops probably OT

MeeAgain was so damn rude to Tom it was hard to watch.  She’s embarrassing. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Meghan's continual, "With all due respect," to those for whom she obviously has NO RESPECT

Bill de Blasio used this phrase with Meghan at least twice on today's show.  I think with this, as well as his full answers to her "interrogation" firmly put her in her place. 

(I just looked up the meaning of "put her in her place" to make sure I was using it correctly, and it's perfect to use for Meghan - "deflate or humiliate someone regarded as being presumptuous".

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
45 minutes ago, pachebo said:

How about if, until Meghan learns (or really decides) to pronounce "Gillibrand"correctly , that everybody mispronounce HER LAST NAME... Meghan McGoo, Meghan Narcan, Meghan McGillicuty.  feel free to chime in.

Hey NOW! Don't you be throwin' Lucy McGillicuty Ricardo's name in there!

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Ana gets the award for quote of the year, the diving with sharks comment:

"Sweetheart, you do that everyday on this show!"

It was a good line, but doesn't really apply to Sunny, who just smiles coyly when sharks look at her.

22 minutes ago, lusinia said:

(I just looked up the meaning of "put her in her place" to make sure I was using it correctly, and it's perfect to use for Meghan - "deflate or humiliate someone regarded as being presumptuous".

It did cause her to focus on her sippy cup.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

No, she didn't; people promoting a book always emphasize the title.

I wonder if it even has a title yet, if it's not out until next year.

I also wonder if she'll read it at her usual speaking speed.

It was not even clear if she is "writing" the audiobook or merely reading blue cards written by others.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hey NOW! Don't you be throwin' Lucy McGillicuty Ricardo's name in there!

Very timely.  In my area there's a special showing on August 6 (Lucy's birthday) at a local theater chain of SIX "colorized" versions of "I Love Lucy."

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, xingu said:

Whoopi has the best insurance in the world: be it from SAG, AFTRA, or Disney. And if any of those fail, she has the greatest insurance ever:  Millions in the bank. 

Not to mention her "designer clothing empire."  One can't really believe the "net worth" info given online, but this one is fun to read (poor Whoopi):

"Whoopi's net worth estimated at over $50 million.  If you add up Whoopi's film work, her high-paying TV gigs, and her 30 producer's credits, you can see the basis for a small fortune. A few years back, Celebrity Net Worth estimated it at $45 million.  Feb 28, 2019"

(She probably had 31 producer credits but gave one to her daughter, Alex to build some credibility.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, pachebo said:

If MM cannot be bothered to listen to how real pundits pronounce Gillibrand, she could apply the rule that most of us learned in grade school - the letter “g” is pronounced as "j" when it is followed by letter “e”, “i” or “y”.   Does she call those long-necked animals guraffes?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

She thinks her insurance premiums are held in an account like a bank so that whenever she needs to make a withdrawal there should be no questions asked.  She bitched about having to pay extra for some equipment the doc ordered but insurance denied.

She probably pays for medical insurance for all her "dependent" family members.  Maybe she doesn't pay attention if (IF!) Alex tells her about a particular doctor or hospital visit and how much was covered.  Surely Whoopi "has people" to handle all that--and plenty-o-money and that's why she can't understand much.

Now that I think about it, that's the type of person who learns too late that their managers absconded with millions of $$$$.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I agree but loved when he reminded Meg that facts are the things that matter. 

I can’t understand what she expected him to do with a 5 hr blackout. By the time he got back to NYC it would have been over. 

But it would have made poor non snowflake Meghan feel better and after all. isn't that the thing that really matters ?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, xingu said:

And even if they were to pay their "full share" these companies would just pass the cost onto consumers. 

As luck would have it, I'm planning a road trip through AZ the same time that Meghan makes her triumphant return.  I do hope I'm not too delayed by the homecoming parades for the Princess of Arizona.

While I would never be so crass as to encroach upon her family's ranch, I am not above stopping by some local diners and bars for some skinny.

Those companies don't have to pay "their share" of taxes because they employ lobbyists who romance the our corrupt senators and representatives.

Although Meghan's family doesn't live in/near Scottsdale, she seems to like the has a more "upscale" name, so the parades and festivals will be there.

AND...the ranch--that "Sedona" ranch is really in Cornville (pop.3200). Not much happening.  Still...it's a cute little town.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, bannana said:

Who even talks this way?  A Venn Diagram is not a unique thing, it is not a trendy thing, it is not a recent thing.  What makes her throw this out in the middle of her otherwise self-pitying whine?

Her husband mentioned it in passing (now he's sorry), then had to describe it, then had to bring up a graphic to explain it to Meghan the night before?  She decided to mention it before she forgot what it was?

5 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:
19 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Of course! I forgot about Disney, and the rest. I think as you get older, you start to worry more, maybe that her problem..

The bolded quote isn't mine; it's Xingu's...there's a little technique to the quote system here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, xingu said:

This is why I think MM is a closet homophobe.  She never passes up an opportunity to dismiss Mayor Pete's patriotism and service.  She gloms on to celebrity gays, yet has done nothing for the LGBTQ community.  IMO, she thinks gays are "cool" and are nothing more than someone to party and dance with.   When push comes to shove, we are all just queers in the dust to her.

Meghan was openly pro-LGBT before gay marriage was legalized and before the majority of the country felt the same way. But now she has fallen in the disappointing stance (IMO) of a wealthy Republican woman who will say "I love my gays! My bestie is gay" and yet still vote a Republican ticket even if this administration, led by Mike Pence, has reversed many of Obama's pro-LGBT policies, supported "religious freedom" laws and banned transgender people from the military. I read an interview recently with the wife of Sec. Mnuchin, and she's the same way. I don't think MM is homophobic by any means, but she married a man who has no problem using homophobic language (to Seth Meyers!), and is clearly unbothered by Trump's record on the issue, as it doesn't affect her personally.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16