Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

The problem is  every question she spits out seems to be filled with hateful disrespect.  The guy didn't kill her freaking cactus.  Calm the f down. He is not going to win. So ask real policy questions, ask what his plans are to win. Why be so damn rude? 

It's obvious that The Male Powers That Be at ABC/Disney support her crap.  Small-minded men who get off on some snotty entitled brat with a famous surname.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I can’t understand what she expected him to do with a 5 hr blackout. By the time he got back to NYC it would have been over. 

You know, I wonder if she's thinking of her father in 2008 wanting to suspend his campaign, and wanting Obama to suspend his campaign (which Obama refused to do, saying something like he could walk and chew gum at the same time) due to the September 2008 financial crash. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, falltime said:

I hope MM announcing her book today was because she may not be back next season.

I wonder if she announced it today, and thinking it was available soon, hoped that people would read it and like it (and her) so much that they would clamor for her to be asked back for another season.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

I don't think MM is homophobic by any means, but she married a man who has no problem using homophobic language (to Seth Meyers!), and is clearly unbothered by Trump's record on the issue, as it doesn't affect her personally.

I agree with this.  Meghan can be LGTBQ friendly all day long but until she denounces all that aren't she ain't doing shit. In my own life if I find out someone is homophobic they are gone.  No way in hell I would ever be married to someone who was.

22 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

I live in a small older town in the Midwest with above ground power lines, and we get storms frequently, Anytime a tree falls on a power line, or a squirrel gets in a transformer, boom goes the electricity. A five hour wait time is NOTHING, on rare occasions, with widespread outages it could be a couple days. I've never expected our local politicians to get involved, that's the job of the power company.

Same here. In February we had a wind storm and my power was out for three days.

Meghan is like Wile E Coyote. She keeps trying to get Democratic candidates and keeps failing miserably.

• LOL 7
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Had to bring up again after the subject had been changed.

She always does this because the person she's questioning, however well they've stated their answer, does not sufficiently pander to her. 

After all, she's Meghan McCain, and she expects everyone to apologize for their faulty thinking, tell her that she's right, and then ask for her forgiveness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I agree but loved when he reminded Meg that facts are the things that matter. 

I can’t understand what she expected him to do with a 5 hr blackout. By the time he got back to NYC it would have been over. 

Abby should have come in today so she can blame him for people she knows getting mugged.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Am I dense?   Mayor DeBlasio was campaigning (oh no!) in Iowa...probably 1000mi from NYC when notified of a blackout.  I read that people were trapped in subways.  Where would his plane land? Could he REALLY have flown back in time to look good (apparently those "optics" are important to Meghan...among others)? Would he have been able to help any more than what was already in effect--without him?

What if he were unconscious in the hospital--or dead?  Would NYC have been blacked-out for months before he could recover?   I'm sure systems are in place that the city can run for a long time without a mayor.

Optics, schmoptics

13 minutes ago, lusinia said:
37 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Had to bring up again after the subject had been changed.

She always does this because the person she's questioning, however well they've stated their answer, does not sufficiently pander to her. 

Can you IMAGINE what it was like to be her mother?

• Love 16

I'm a feminist but I can only speak for myself.  I don't fake orgasms because many years ago I read women shouldn't fake it because if they do their partner won't know he isn't doing it right.  I've always taken that advice and if my partner isn't doing it right he is told he needs to get better and if he doesn't he is no longer my partner.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

I had to laugh at her acting like a 5 hour loss of power to an isolated section of NYC was an emergency of 9/11 proportions.

La princesse is returning to MY Valley of the Sun for a visit.  Princesse!  It's monsoon time.  We have storms that hit big and immediately.  They damage homes, cars, knock over decades-old trees and we LOSE POWER all the time.  We need the rain, so please don't use your powers (contacts) to stop any blackouts that occur.  WE truly are tough chicks and can handle a little deprivation.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

So MeAgain tweeted multiple times that "everyone hates you Bill DeBlasio" just this week.  Suddenly he is on the show!  And her best friend Sunny is citing positive stats on his record including crime reduction (in spite of Abby's friend being mugged) and a bunch of other stuff.  MeAgain has to say something negative but doesn't quite have the balls to tell him that everyone hates him to his face.  So she comes up with a lame-assed question about the blackout, where she whines about being a resident of NYC (not a New Yorker, cause she is an Arizonan 🙄) and he did not jump on a non-existent plane in the middle of the night to be there holding her hand while she suffered through the blackout with no AC! ❄️  She sounded ridiculous and he politely shut that shit down, although there was a definitely a tinge of frost in his response.  Then she comes back to the stupidest question ever and squints her eyes to tell him the optics were not good.  I loved when he pointed out that she was essentially implying that he knew about the blackout in advance and decided to go to Iowa instead.  He's no dummy, and he's prepared to point out that she is one.  Plus she already said she is not a New Yorker.

Then Mrs. Mayor shows up and MeAgain is lucky to have a softball question about hard it is to be the wife of a candidate.  Mrs. Mayor was quite gracious towards the brat, and instead of saying, yes, it is tough when people say everyone hates my husband based on nothing at all, she went a different route.  She pointed out that "constructive criticism" can be helpful, and anything that is just negative she ignores and considers the source. 🤣  I am sure that shade escaped MeAgain, but I laughed and laughed.

Do we think that whoever put together the montage at the end intentionally included a clip of Sunny warmly hugging MeAgain and saying that they all have her back, and MeAgain blubbering how they were all her sisters or whatever in response?  I sure hope so.  

Sunny continued the freeze out today but she is softening it ever so slightly so as not to be too too obvious.

MeAgain did her blurb on her untitled audio book, and then later interrupted the discussion about another topic when someone spoke in her ear to tell her she didn't mention that it isn't released until the spring.  She was flustered and stumbled through providing this new info and then said to herself how she couldn't have fumbled this worse (her book announcement) and she was correct.  But the best thing was the three ladies' reactions, which is to say they included:  ignoring her, sipping tea, and doing an inside eyeroll that was obvious to the viewers!

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I've often wondered what family dinners were/are like.  Are any of her siblings like this, or do they and her mother sometimes have the same reaction towards her that we do? 

Edited by lusinia
forgot to add
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, Kenz said:

She brought the subject up TWICE, even though he explained his response well the first time. In a city as huge as NYC, it's a very admirable thing that the first responders handled the blackout so well and no one was injured, but she ignored that fact and all she wanted to do is pounce on DeBlasio (TWICE). She is an idiot.

She had to go 5 hrs without air-conditioning!  I'm sure her Puerto Rican family members are impressed.

• LOL 15
  • Love 8

ANOTHER failure of DeBlasio - he didn't advise his wife to desist from dangling earrings.  Her earlobes were stretching by the nano-second as she spoke animatedly of her hubby.  I'm far from NYC & mostly ignorant of DeB, but I like his plan to "tax the hell" outa the rich - no wonder Whoops isn't a fan. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Meghan said that she went on her honeymoon to Montana and huffed that she takes vacations only to red states,

Well, what a worldly woman.  No budget constraints, yet she doesn't set foot out of our country and only into RED states.  She'd better watch it: my state (hers too, reluctantly) is leaning toward PURPLE.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

My second child (two boys born in '66/'68) was a challenging little tyke.  Very inquisitive, a little too bright.  It took me awhile to notice that he ALWAYS had the last word.  One day during "a discussion," I told him, "Okay. That's it. You will not say one. more. word."  He said, "Fine!"   He was six!   He's an easygoing guy, but I think he still has that intestinal need.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

48 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Did you catch MM's comment when Ana and Sunny were discussing Ana's honeymoon safari? Meghan said that she went on her honeymoon to Montana and huffed that she takes vacations only to red states, like that's some kind of relevant information. (That's bizarre, if you ask me). I think I caught Ana's comment later that she doesn't shoot animals, and I'm hoping that was a little dig at MM, although it may have whistled by her.

Wow, what a try-hard. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

JUMPER SAGE are you saying you believe  Joy had eye lid lift?  Not just cataracts?  She wouldn’t have been at work the next day would she ? My friend needed care at home.  Joy  mentioned she likes glasses and just frames with nonRX are cheap.  she said  it’s her thing now .  I get it because when I stopped wearing contacts I liked glasses too. Actual cataract surgery wouldn’t effect the way you eyes look would they. I worked on a floor when it was done in the hospital and seemed like a breeze. Whoops probably OT

MeeAgain was so damn rude to Tom it was hard to watch.  She’s embarrassing. 

I had my surgery for scars/eyelids and while I could not drive for a week, I could work.  I didn't though as my lids needed to heal.  I had mine done 20 years ago.  Her eyes look different.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I think Ana remarks about shooting animals,  were aimed at someone else, not MM

Aimed at the trump boys. (No pun intended). But the fact that it applies to Quick Draw McCain too was a plus. 

Dang. I’m going on a safari too but not til next summer. How cool would it have been to spend a week with Ana?

• Love 21
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Sunny continued the freeze out today but she is softening it ever so slightly so as not to be too too obvious.

Don't worry , she's got a month to toughen up .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Aimed at the trump boys. (No pun intended). But the fact that it applies to Quick Draw McCain too was a plus. 

I know Ana mentioned the Trump boys, but "Quick Draw McCain" (thanks for that, Haleth!) is probably the only one on the panel who has  deer antlers and who knows what other creatures hanging on her NYC wall (I know, flags and lots of patriot paintings too) and brags about  them.

Edited to add that I don't dislike hunters (unless it's purely for sport and game trophies), but I do notice that Meghan takes glee in pointing out how she's a lover of guns and likes animal parts displayed in her homes.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is like Wile E Coyote. She keeps trying to get Democratic candidates and keeps failing miserably.

😂🤣 

Someone more adept than me needs to photoshop Wile E. with Megabitch's face. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, bannana said:

She called it a "historical blackout"?  That would be "historic" blackout.  I can't figure out how to post a link, but I found an article from AM New York dated July 15, 2019 entitled "A Brief History of Blackouts in New York City" , and it lists seven other blackouts that lasted longer and affected more people.

• Love 16

Meghan said the blackout was in her neighborhood but did she say her building was out? You could tell De Blasio found Meghan tiresome and it was fun to watch. Finally a politician who didn't worship at the McCain alter. She mentioned her in laws were staying with her.  Doesn't her FIL have a job he should be doing?

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

She called it a "historical blackout"?  That would be "historic" blackout.  I can't figure out how to post a link, but I found an article from AM New York dated July 15, 2019 entitled "A Brief History of Blackouts in New York City" , and it lists seven other blackouts that lasted longer and affected more people.

This was a historic blackout. I was a little kid but I remember it. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

Good grief - I live in my childhood town, now a city, that is wealthy. But not me. I went 6 days in Dec without power and have electric heat. Or in that case, did not. 

I really need the next month off to get over MM.

BTW - I'm going to do an audiobook next spring on how to bake a cake. 

She is relentless and useless.

ETA - that was years ago.

Edited by maggiemae
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Here's the link, Lusinia: https://www.amny.com/news/blackouts-nyc-1.33881190

I was going to post something similar. Historic my ass, Megabitch. Hyperbole much? Also, please learn to use words correctly. 

• Love 13

She only vacations in red states that’s just incredible.  Nevada isn’t red last election.   She majored in art history and doesn’t want to exposed to  all the art that she could easily afford to do.   Unless of course your idea of art is flags and dead animal skins.  She only vacations in states where majority of residents are conservative , which makes her so patriotic. 

What a constipated view of the world she has. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • LOL 2
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Hopefully Meghan adds The Bronx is Burning to her book club next year. It's about the blackout that happened while The Yankees were in the World Series and the Summer of Sam was happening, and the blackout was during a heat wave and affected poor neighborhoods much worse. It is ostensibly a "sports" book but is fascinating from many angles.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

This was a historic blackout. I was a little kid but I remember it. 

I lived through that one myself.   I was a newlywed and at work and when we left to go home and stepped into the elevator, it jumped, so we got off, and then it all went dark.  No cell phones, no texting, etc.  What a mess.  I wonder how delicate Nutmeg would have survived.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

If MM cannot be bothered to listen to how real pundits pronounce Gillibrand, she could apply the rule that most of us learned in grade school - the letter “g” is pronounced as "j" when it is followed by letter “e”, “i” or “y”.   Does she call those long-necked animals guraffes?

Wow, this solves my family's long-running debate  on the pronunciation of gif. Since i win, I will bring it up during Thanksgiving dinner. It'll be enough time for me to come up with an explanation for when a smart-ass relative says, "How do you explain get?"

I thought DeBlasio and his wife made a very attractive couple. How tall is he though? It looked like a (h)uuuuuge height difference in their wedding pic.

Next time there's a blackout in my city, the mayor better show up at my doorstep with a flashlight.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

Just a few things I noticed on the final show of the season:

*If you look at the billboard that MM referenced, on the left side it bullet points the number of homeless people in New York not the blackout.  

*When MM was talking about the blackout, I thought she was saying "Hysterical blackout" (was it funny?) it took me a while to realize that she meant "historic"

*Although I probably won't vote for DeBlassio, I thought he acquitted himself pretty decently.

*MM's "gotcha" question/statement went NO WHERE.  Plus DeBlassio politely put her in her place!

*I thought the orgasm "discussion" was dumb.

*To promote a book, shouldn't the author know the title?

*It can't be said enough, when MM does not participate on a topic, it is much more coherent and interesting.

*When Ana was talking about going on safari for her honeymoon, MM kept trying to interject how she went to Montana.  No one paid attention to her. 🙂 Hee!

Hoping to see Ana, Joy, and Sunny in September!!  (Maybe MM and Whoopie will be gone - a girl can dream can't she?)

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Kenz said:

Edited to add that I don't dislike hunters

We used to be a hunting family.  My brother would process the meat and donate it to people who wanted it and even paid to have the hide taken for a neighbor who is native American.

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

She only vacations in red states that’s incredible.  Nevada?  She majored in art history and doesn’t want to exposed to  all the art that she could easily afford to do.   Unless of course your idea of art is flags and dead animal skins.  She only vacations in states where majority of residents are conservative , which makes her so patriotic. 

What a constipated view of the world she has. 

[shakes head, walks away]

Joy - I swear I am not picking on her this week, she just says crazy stuff sometimes.  So Joy wouldn't like to live by her in-laws BUT her daughter and son-inlaw live downstairs in her building?  How does that work?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, jumper sage said:

So Joy wouldn't like to live by her in-laws BUT her daughter and son-inlaw live downstairs in her building?  How does that work?

I don't have kids, but even I get this.  She wants her daughter and grandson close.  She doesn't or wouldn't care about having in-laws (parents-in-law) close, they would just annoy her! 

• Love 11